PDA

View Full Version : RCTW - Blog #27 - Upcoming Streams

Mattlab
12-10-2015, 06:12 PM
http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/1.png (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/1.png)

Dear Tycoons,

Production on RollerCoaster Tycoon World is flying along at breakneck speed. The team is working hard to finish the updated coaster system and all the other bits of fan feedback we received from our previous public test. We want to show you what we’ve been working on, so we have some exciting upcoming streams!

Tomorrow - Friday 12/11 at 2PM EDT - we will be on JMR’s Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/jordanmrichards) for an exclusive RCTW interview! JMR is one of our volunteer forum moderators, and a huge supporter of the game. We want to give him an opportunity to answer his and your burning questions. If you have something you really want answered pop over to THIS THREAD (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?7510-Interview-with-Mattlab-RCT-Talk-Show) to make sure JMR puts it on his list!

On the following Friday 12/18 at 2PM EDT, we’ll be streaming the newest build of RCTW on Alienware's Twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/alienware). The game is looking beautiful, and our team has implemented a ton of updates already based off of your feedback and our private tests. Come and see RollerCoaster Tycoon World played LIVE on the stream!

RCTW is now being tested in small private group sessions to ensure we get everything right before our next public test. We’re gathering tons of useful data, and the reception so far has been fantastic. Thus we will be moving the public test to early next year.

Lastly, we wanted to highlight a really awesome video we found made by Andrew McMurray (aka AndrewMFilms)! Curious to see what “A Fun Day in Roller Coaster Tycoon!” could be if it were a real life park? See for yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0UJDwuZOv0

See you tomorrow!

Happy Holidays!

Best,
Team RCTW

Original blog found here. (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-27-upcoming-streams/)

The Stig
12-10-2015, 06:15 PM
Here's the interview with JMR and Mattlab!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnBZyxZh_5g

snowyday
12-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Awesome and thanks so much for moving the second beta test to early next year because Christmas is a busy time of year

Knobs
12-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Great model ! Great flatride.

Thanks for talking Matt.
See you tomorrow with JMR.

HOLY DONKEYS ! 18 december ACTUAL GAMEPLAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY !!
JIHAAAAAA :)

Oh boy, oh boy.
Where is Cartman's cryogenic pod ?

jrud05
12-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Sounds awesome! I'd love to help "private test" if the opportunity ever arises!

jerseygrrll
12-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Looking fantastic!

demomode_br
12-10-2015, 06:39 PM
"Thus we will be moving the public test to early next year."

So are we having the 2nd beta plus this public beta or the 2nd beta turned into a public beta and pushed to early 2016?

Ktanaqui
12-10-2015, 06:46 PM
No public beta :) Second beta is early next year. No date announced yet.

coaster6
12-10-2015, 06:47 PM
Wow! I cant believe we've had 27 blog posts already. The Superloop is turning out good and I'm excited to play around with it in the game. JMR's show should be fantastic tomorrow and I'm hoping to get a couple good questions answered. The stream next Friday will be interesting too.

Thanks for the update!

spritefan10
12-10-2015, 06:52 PM
It's a start Mattlab, but one picture of a flat ride sketch and announcing an interview won't win us over THAT much. Your still providing us with as much new information as you did with the last 'announcement'. I'm starting to feel like they aren't even announcements anymore as much as they are re-iterations.

Knobs
12-10-2015, 06:58 PM
It's a start Mattlab, but one picture of a flat ride sketch and announcing an interview won't win us over THAT much. Your still providing us with as much new information as you did with the last 'announcement'. I'm starting to feel like they aren't even announcements anymore as much as they are re-iterations.

Yoda voice :

In times hard as these, one must be satisfied with informations recieves one.
One lightsaber in hand, is better then 5 not in hand.

brandino
12-10-2015, 07:14 PM

This is exactly how I feel. It's quite frustrating to go two weeks without any information or updates, or even the slightest "hello" only to get a blog reiterating the previous one and the length of a children's story book.

I understand that the date has been moved for the beta, but what is said date? "Early next year" is just as vague as the release date being "Early 2016". What if the beta is only 2 months from the launch again? Does that mean you guys did not learn your lesson from the first go round?

I really want to continue being hype for the revival of my favorite series, but it's just like dragging an eraser across a hard surface (weird analogy, I know, but it goes VERY VERY slow) with the information we have about this game. It's been a production of 27 blogs, and still it feels as though we only still know what we were told back in February.

Mattlab, you really need to get on it for the hype train. It's not that hard to jump in the game and take a quick screenshot once a week and just post it, something to keep the attention of the game. With the lack of interactivity with the community, and this very sub par promotional gig you got going on, you're killing this hype train, if it isn't dead already.

This may sound harsh, but I am an avid RCT Fan, been there since the beginning, and to have my hope built up so high only to just slowly linger is disappointing. I hate to say it but I think the reason why the "other game" will have you guys beat is because of their constant updates (although they were silent for a while, but now they're milling out information). Perhaps it's time to not only reevaluate the game, but the way you're going about PR and promotional activities.

S1m0nde
12-10-2015, 07:16 PM
It's a start Mattlab, but one picture of a flat ride sketch and announcing an interview won't win us over THAT much.
Please talk for yourself, not for "us" all. He doesnīt win you back. I agree that I hope for a more regular base of screenshots and infos but your demand and your way to communicate is not mine. Not in my name ;-)

Thanks for the blog mattlab. Iīm excited for the streams.

JoŽlNL
12-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Yoda voice :

In times hard as these, one must be satisfied with informations recieves one.
One lightsaber in hand, is better then 5 not in hand.

Still awake ;)

Agreed. Every lightsaber welcome is.

Thank you Mattlab for the blogpost. I like this 'Ring of Fire'. Just the sound of it makes me thrilled! Only my stomache thinks different about it :).

I'm happy to hear some info regarding the planning of the beta and that you are having private tests. This is a great opportunity to get the game polished and tuned to the best possible way. Go for it!

Wayne
12-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Woo great to see some cool new activity!! Really excited to see what is going to come out information/news wise!

SteamLoco87
12-10-2015, 07:41 PM
I don't know, reading this blog is great, but finding out that the 2nd beta is delayed again, is like a big stab in the back again, please stop making pie crust promises. (in otherwords, easily made, easily broken promises) :-(
I wish I was invited to the small private group testing, as I was really looking forward to doing some game play for christmas time.
I suppose I could do some more 3D modelling, but we still have no word on custom contest settings.

Anyway I'm trying my best to stay positive, but RCTW is starting to loose me now. :-(

Aaronroberts
12-10-2015, 07:41 PM
@Matt, I hope you have someone that can build nicer looking coasters than the lovely lady that was making them during your last live stream, they looked very odd.

Also, I sent a message to the RCTW fb page (I got a reply saying thanks for the feedback)
someone was complaining that RCTW was just 3 with some addons, my only thoughts could be that they were looking at the old pipeworks images, upon looking at the photo's uploaded by the facebook page.
You don't any screenshots of the beta's apart from pipeworks photo's and that scarecrow / pumpkin ride, so I can see how they would get confused.

DonSPa
12-10-2015, 07:52 PM
It's a start Mattlab, but one picture of a flat ride sketch and announcing an interview won't win us over THAT much.at least its some info,we know that tomorrows show is on for sure and just hoping for some good questions finally answered and also next week we get to see some gameplay,atari and nvizzio listen up ,no matter what you do someone isnt going to be happy so u may as well show everything u have and not worry about the surprises,ur in a no win situation or damned if u do damned if u dont.I imagine even if u put the best coaster game ever created that someones going to complain,Id love to see good screen shots or a vid as well as anyone but we cant always get what we want(singing to the stones tune)but im grateful for what info u do give us

JoŽlNL
12-10-2015, 08:01 PM
at least its some info,we know that tomorrows show is on for sure and just hoping for some good questions finally answered and also next week we get to see some gameplay,atari and nvizzio listen up ,no matter what you do someone isnt going to be happy so u may as well show everything u have and not worry about the surprises,ur in a no win situation or damned if u do damned if u dont.I imagine even if u put the best coaster game ever created that someones going to complain,Id love to see good screen shots or a vid as well as anyone but we cant always get what we want(singing to the stones tune)but im grateful for what info u do give us

Indeed, we are grateful for every bit of info you give to us. We are with you on this ride! :)

Paul_Boland
12-10-2015, 08:20 PM
It's a start Mattlab, but one picture of a flat ride sketch...

I don't think it's a sketch. Looks like an actual 3D model from the game.

B3DDO3
12-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow for the interview, this blog post was pretty pathetic but I am so glad they are showing something. They seem to be in a clueless marketing bubble right now. Planet Coaster can post pictures/videos of rides not in game because they are a year from release, technically you would have released today if there wasn't a backlash about the coaster builder, yet we get these pathetic blueprint shots.

I can't understand how you don't understand it seems shady that you won't show us full proper game play, I really look forward to seeing the gameplay you'll show next week. It kinda has to be a full no help back experience though if I hear once that bit still isn't working this isn't the final build then I can see this game failing. The only thing that should/could be slightly buggy is the new coaster builder as you only just finished it but everything else should be completely on point.

Planet Coaster are reacting to this blog post and info with a full dev video (it seems they are going to show gameplay), I only hope you can return fire, if they show gameplay around the same time you guys do and this game looks pale in comparison then the casual crowd are going to drift away from you. Come on RCTW bring the THUNDER!!

farmington
12-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow for the interview, this blog post was pretty pathetic but I am so glad they are showing something. They seem to be in a clueless marketing bubble right now. Planet Coaster can post pictures/videos of rides not in game because they are a year from release, technically you would have released today if there wasn't a backlash about the coaster builder, yet we get these pathetic blueprint shots.

I can't understand how you don't understand it seems shady that you won't show us full proper game play, I really look forward to seeing the gameplay you'll show next week. It kinda has to be a full no help back experience though if I hear once that bit still isn't working this isn't the final build then I can see this game failing. The only thing that should/could be slightly buggy is the new coaster builder as you only just finished it but everything else should be completely on point.

Planet Coaster are reacting to this blog post and info with a full dev video (it seems they are going to show gameplay), I only hope you can return fire, if they show gameplay around the same time you guys do and this game looks pale in comparison then the casual crowd are going to drift away from you. Come on RCTW bring the THUNDER!!
I really don't believe they were actually planning to release today, it was just a ploy to sell pre orders and keep interest up.

Neko_Baron
12-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Next beta next year serriously? This is really starting to test my patience and trust, I don't mind buggy beta because that's why I paid already and I want to be part of the process, don't be pushing them back by over a month now based on original dates.

I'm tired of having a brick I cant test/play in my steam library, its completely ridiculous to pay for a beta then brick it after a few days and I know a number of people paid for the game after the first beta expecting the 2nd one to come not long after and its not fair to them either.

Let us play whatever we can get, you need to win trust back and showing gameplay on a alienware super rig isnt personally going to get me hyped because at the end of the day, I want to know if it will still run nicely on a lower end PC. You get more testing and feed back if you let us try more beta's, sure people will complain but those of us who do care will always back you up but only if we can get our hands on something.

Candy78
12-10-2015, 11:09 PM
Good evening

I find it rather well and that the new beta for next year like this one will have an exceptional contained :) prefers a game with a game that contained B‚cle it is a good initiative you had to decide RCTW

Markov
12-11-2015, 02:05 AM

After being inactive for a while, I was hoping I'd come back to see something new. But yet again I see nothing has changed. The screenshot of that flat-ride is the same as previous blogs (Just a different view), and I'm not fully understanding what took them so long to post this blog. I mean.. If you're going to post a blog with just one picture, then at least show a flat-ride that we've never seen before. I've tried being patient with this game, but my patience is running low.

MJK1988
12-11-2015, 02:33 AM
Please speak for yourself.

Personally, I was very happy to see this blog. Looking forward to the streams.

Akydo
12-11-2015, 02:49 AM
Nvizzio Creation the Cables need some Adjusting
The cable in the middle should be Straight, u have it slanted on the Left. The top cables need to be closer to the Flags. Heres some pics to compare and see what iam talking about. Heres a real one and the one u guys showed, plus RCT3s. ONe more Thing Dont Forget the Lights that Go around the Ring.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3942/15726370596_695357ed35_z.jpg
http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/1.png
http://themeparkreview.com/forum/files/shot0035_2.bmp

JoŽlNL
12-11-2015, 05:22 AM

I would like to clarify that PC is not reacting to this blog, as they already worked on and had scheduled the new Dev Diary before Mattlab posted this blog. See PC Twitter feed, their post 'coming soon' is from before Mattlabs blogpost.

I see your point, in the end we wish Atari to release a great game that will sell good. See my other post about marketing and concerns regarding current development in general: https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?7521-A-missed-opportunity-today

JoŽlNL
12-11-2015, 05:51 AM
Please speak for yourself.

Personally, I was very happy to see this blog. Looking forward to the streams.

Now we're talking. I was also happy to see the blog.

Some companies just don't have the abilities to do good marketing, but that doesn't mean that their intentions are bad. I'm sure Atari is aiming for the best.

Looking forward to the streams! Bring it on! Let's rock! (or do some other happy thing in case you don't like rock) :)

Indominus
12-11-2015, 08:06 AM
Will we be able to change the color of our flatrides?

Philmon11
12-11-2015, 08:39 AM
Will we be able to change the color of our flatrides?

Oh PLEASE. If THAT isn't in the game i have a feeling they're not going to do well. :mad:

Coasterhype
12-11-2015, 10:10 AM
what a huge let down , worst blog post ever. why not show some screenshots of something we didnt see ? or some animations of peeeps, mascots or whatever...so much possibilities to get us hyped. but this?

will watch those streams super careful, im really hoping for u guys u present us a game with peeps in it and all the other stufff we didnt seee so far.

but what am i thinking, that would actually makes sense.

Helena
12-11-2015, 11:34 AM
what a huge let down , worst blog post ever.
Now you are quite exaggerating. I think this is better than the previous one ;)
At least it does contain new information.

shirty
12-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Bit disappointed that we don't get a game to test this side of NYD but at same time I think its a good thing you are doing more in-house beta testing.
It should iron out a few extra kinks so the naysayers have less to moan about being buggy even though its a beta
Keep up the hard work look forward to seeing on streams whats happened over the last 2 months

vapourmike
12-11-2015, 01:28 PM
The cable in the middle should be Straight, u have it slanted on the Left. The top cables need to be closer to the Flags. Heres some pics to compare and see what iam talking about. Heres a real one and the one u guys showed, plus RCT3s. ONe more Thing Dont Forget the Lights that Go around the Ring.

It is straight isnt it? the ride is just angled with the grid at the background giving a false impression it's slanted

ddef12
12-11-2015, 01:57 PM
*yawn* the excitement is gone now. I'm over it and getting my refund. They totally pitched this product differently with hopes and promises in pre-order and didn't follow through. I'm sorry but that is a total scam. Should have known better, it is Atari we are dealing with here ha

Archais
12-11-2015, 02:05 PM
This is absolute bull crap. The reason I bought the game is because I love RCT and I was thinking I would be able to play it by xmas. Unfourtunatly I am no stuck owning a game that I have no idea when it will be released and even the Beta, which is the only reason I pre ordered, has now been moved AGAIN. This game was supposed to be released yesterday but wasnt, now I cant even get a refund because they included the beta play time as play time of the actual game. Screw you ATARI you fail at everything go die now. Nvizzio Im sorry you ever had to work with these sucm bags because unfourtunatly you name is going to be synonymous with the worst public display of marketing in the history of video games.

Nemmie
12-11-2015, 02:10 PM
Blogpost 27............oh God.
At least the quality and content was consistent. Am I totally thick or did I miss the part where there was some new information about the actual game revealed. The fact that we're all going on about wires on the Ring Of Fire ride, which we've already seen, just shows how little meat this blog had as there's nothing new to comment on.

Let's just hope this interview tomorrow makes me eat my words and won't just be an hour or two of my life I'll never get back.

Meanwhile at the 'other' game....................................

eFrisbee
12-11-2015, 02:42 PM
I may be new to the forums, but there seems to be a whole lot of downers here...maybe coming in late to the game makes me more optimistic, and maybe there was a lack of information in the past, but it seems pretty clear to me the point of this blog was to announce interviews and streams that were coming, not to show all of the new information up front. Why put a ton of screenshots in a blog when they can stream it for you live? Why put a ton of announcements in a blog when they can answer them in an interview? Doing either of these things would give less to discuss in an interview and provide less to show in a stream.

At least reserve judgement until after the interviews and streams, I for one am looking forward to them and seeing what they have to show

Varhaatus
What new information ........ We knew the beta was going to be pulled back it was obvious that it would not be ready, how could you possibly think it would be ready ?

The release will likely be delayed as well, cant imagine what they have done ..... oh yeah no wonder i cant imagine what they have done .... We havent seen anything new since what blog #11 ? The last several blogs atleast 5 of them have been the same thing, another 2 of them are about a competition that hardly anyone could enter ......... Another 2 are about pax and another 2 are press recaps.

WTF are people excited for, i havent felt anything for a while but still check forums every fortnight just to know. We have seen next to nothing, i have seen more info abotu games releasing in 3 years time than i have for RCTW.

Varhaatus
What new information ........ We knew the beta was going to be pulled back it was obvious that it would not be ready, how could you possibly think it would be ready ?

The release will likely be delayed as well, cant imagine what they have done ..... oh yeah no wonder i cant imagine what they have done .... We havent seen anything new since what blog #11 ? The last several blogs atleast 5 of them have been the same thing, another 2 of them are about a competition that hardly anyone could enter ......... Another 2 are about pax and another 2 are press recaps.

WTF are people excited for, i havent felt anything for a while but still check forums every fortnight just to know. We have seen next to nothing, i have seen more info abotu games releasing in 3 years time than i have for RCTW.

supermc
12-11-2015, 03:13 PM

Ah c'mon, are we really concerned with such petty things?

MR.sugar
12-11-2015, 04:38 PM

Exactly. RCTW has some bigger issues they need to address. This can be addressed anytime. Fans can just update the model or developers themselves, later on...

DonSPa
12-11-2015, 06:43 PM

yeah really,guess im going to cancel my preorder,because of this cable crap it just took the realism out of the game sheeeeesh come on people,if your looking at something as close to this then theres no way ur going to enjoy the game because u will be too busy looking for meaningless things in the game.Are the placement of cables really that important,theres no way they can make every single item in this game 100% real.The lights i can understand because of the nighttime graphics but cables???come on

CycloneGU
12-11-2015, 11:22 PM
yeah really,guess im going to cancel my preorder,because of this cable crap it just took the realism out of the game sheeeeesh come on people,if your looking at something as close to this then theres no way ur going to enjoy the game because u will be too busy looking for meaningless things in the game.Are the placement of cables really that important,theres no way they can make every single item in this game 100% real.The lights i can understand because of the nighttime graphics but cables???come on

Is my sarcasm detector going off at the cancellation bit? I mean, cancelling pre-order over a cable? For me, show me a scenario editor and my pre-order will be in.

Oversight99
12-11-2015, 11:39 PM
So, for those of us who hate wasting time watching videos that could be summed up with bullet points of text, is there any official post about what was discussed, or do we just go by what we're seeing on the forums?

DonSPa
12-11-2015, 11:42 PM
Is my sarcasm detector going off at the cancellation bit? I mean, cancelling pre-order over a cable? For me, show me a scenario editor and my pre-order will be in.

lol yeah it was sarcasm lol no way am i cancelling im in this all the way regardless,just was in disbelief that some one was looking so close as to a cable being in a wrong spot when theres so many good looking things about the game,theres a thing wanting realism and theres a thing being too overly picky,just no way is something going to be 100% real.I just think anyone that is looking that close just will not be happy with the game that even includes PC since its coming out as well.

CycloneGU
12-12-2015, 12:36 AM
So, for those of us who hate wasting time watching videos that could be summed up with bullet points of text, is there any official post about what was discussed, or do we just go by what we're seeing on the forums?
Yes.

lol yeah it was sarcasm lol no way am i cancelling im in this all the way regardless,just was in disbelief that some one was looking so close as to a cable being in a wrong spot when theres so many good looking things about the game,theres a thing wanting realism and theres a thing being too overly picky,just no way is something going to be 100% real.I just think anyone that is looking that close just will not be happy with the game that even includes PC since its coming out as well.
I stand by the fact that a scenario editor will be critical for me. I mean, even if you complete all ten or whatever premade scenarios, having the ability to create and play your own and those created by other people is a nice touch that needs to remain with the game (multiplayer on scenario creation can come later, but also would be a nice touch). I also think we need a campaign mode that can also draw in creating other parks along the way, and having one "main" park whose goals change with each mission. An example:

Mission 1: Get 1,000 guests in "Main Park".
Mission 2: Build five coasters with excitement level 5.0 or above.
Mission 3 (first sub-mission): Create 6 rides with western themeing at "Western Park".
Mission 4: Repay debt.

All financials copy over between missions, meaning the sub-park would take the final balance from completing the second mission and you can always restart the current scenario at the "pause" point so you're not restarting the entire park. It also lets you build another park along the way. This is the kind of scenario creation that this game absolutely needs, and I would love to be able to do this later on.

Also, assuming Atari does expansions in the future, they need to set it up so that any parks created with expansion items can be played by everyone. The expansion stuff should only be available for use in custom play. I didn't like how in RCT3 I could create a custom park using elements from "Soaked!" but someone without it could never play it. Now, with the cheap combo release, that's never a problem, but it was back then. It needs to be possible for anyone to play a custom park, but the actual game missions are not available (those can be coded to require the expansion) and everything building-wise cannot be used outside of a custom scenario that uses them. The argument could be made that hey, you shouldn't be able to play something with elements of an expansion without an expansion, but I point to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS as a rebuttal. In that game, in online mode, you can play the DLC stages when they come up automatically, and battle with friends on DLC stages that the friend has purchased. I have not bought the bulk of those stages and have had many battles on them. So this should be the same idea.

Akydo
12-12-2015, 01:56 AM
Hey DonSpa and CYcloneGu. Chill out . i never said anything about Canceling my purchase on The game. So Relax.

I was just comparing Rct3 and Rctw Version to the real life one. U want to bring up stuff thats been talking about a Million times,Thats ur choice. I wanted to bring up something Else. If you dont like what i Bring up then Ignore it and move on Simple:cool:.

CycloneGU
12-12-2015, 02:15 AM
Hey DonSpa and CYcloneGu. Chill out . i never said anything about Canceling my purchase on The game. So Relax.

I was just comparing Rct3 and Rctw Version to the real life one. U want to bring up stuff thats been talking about a Million times,Thats ur choice. I wanted to bring up something Else. If you dont like what i Bring up then Ignore it and move on Simple:cool:.
There is no heat here. Not sure why you're asking me to "chill out", I'm actually quite chill. Just explaining my own position on the game. I found that rant in there hilarious (that's DonSPa joke rant), but I never meant to insinuate any pre-orders were being canceled. Apologies if you thought I meant that; I get taken seriously at the wrong time quite often. LOL

DonSPa
12-12-2015, 03:56 AM
There is no heat here. Not sure why you're asking me to "chill out", I'm actually quite chill. Just explaining my own position on the game. I found that rant in there hilarious (that's DonSPa joke rant), but I never meant to insinuate any pre-orders were being canceled. Apologies if you thought I meant that; I get taken seriously at the wrong time quite often. LOL

glad someone realized it was a joke rant lol i too sometimes taken serious at the wrong time,usually quite often more than sometimes i guess lol

Big_Boy
12-12-2015, 01:55 PM
Well blog is maybe a bit short or incomplete for this time but instead of a full blog of screenshots we get a whole stream when they play the game.

What do bother me is the delay of the beta, they should still let us test the game and do an extra beta in januari just to be sure it is all pollished and smooth !

intoxination
12-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Yes.
Also, assuming Atari does expansions in the future, they need to set it up so that any parks created with expansion items can be played by everyone. The expansion stuff should only be available for use in custom play. I didn't like how in RCT3 I could create a custom park using elements from "Soaked!" but someone without it could never play it. Now, with the cheap combo release, that's never a problem, but it was back then. It needs to be possible for anyone to play a custom park, but the actual game missions are not available (those can be coded to require the expansion) and everything building-wise cannot be used outside of a custom scenario that uses them. The argument could be made that hey, you shouldn't be able to play something with elements of an expansion without an expansion, but I point to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS as a rebuttal. In that game, in online mode, you can play the DLC stages when they come up automatically, and battle with friends on DLC stages that the friend has purchased. I have not bought the bulk of those stages and have had many battles on them. So this should be the same idea.

Don't think you can really compare something primarily PC based to game systems. Game systems are predefined hardware, where as PC stuff isn't. For example, the requirements to run Soaked over RCT3 required more RAM, a better processor and GPU.

When things like Soaked came out, it wasn't just the extras like rides, but also the underlying coding to render and animate those rides. To have it so that the game without the expansion pack could run it, would mean updating the base game to support any new systems implemented in an expansion pack, which could then increase the system requirements for the base game. They can do that on something like a Wii-U game because they know the hardware its running on. On a PC based game, that's an unknown and limiting RCTW to what the requirements are now for future expansion packs, will also limit what can be done in those expansions.

About the only work around would be to implement a placeholder type system for people who don't have that expansion pack. For example, we get a Soaked type expansion pack for RCTW. Someone creates a river rapids ride and shares it. If I download it and don't have the soaked pack, the ride will render, but not animate, since I would be missing the hydraulic dynamics system that Soaked introduced. Actually this could be a great idea for Atari. People still seeing the rides, but they aren't animated. I could see people finally going "ughh! Time to bite the bullet and get that expansion pack."

Sawyer
12-12-2015, 02:16 PM
I think the issue is people who have paid, such as myself, we haven't got what we have paid for. Now I know I'm going to stir a few people up here and that isn't my intention.

At the end of the day, we've paid money for something to let us play early. That is what is, I don't think anyone has paid to 'test', we paid to play, knowing it wasn't finished. That is fine, we got something that wasn't great, admittedly, the makers know this also.

The problem is that the best intentions from MattLab and Nvizzio I imagine, is not matched by Atari. The game is called RollerCoaster Tycoon, and that means we will buy it. The problem with that is we are staying loyal to a name. Now, we are all aware of whats going on at Frontier... it's better, we can see that, let's not be friendly for the sake of it. It looks phenomenal and on a personal level, I don't think this will come close to it. Frontier made RCT3, so people saying about loyalty and you are a fan, you also need to understand that the people making this haven't proved anything to us, they shouldn't have our loyalty because they haven't earned it.

I want them to shock us all and release something great, but I personally can't see the recovery. So you can all blast me if you want but I am angry and I am frustrated at this, it shouldn't be this bad. I heard people moan about Nerd3's video... he is talking the truth, sure he isn't a good player but he isn't trying to be good, he is trying to play it, and don't give me 'It's a BETA'. It was close to a finished product at the time and that is the truth on that. Watch his video and mute him, then just see how the game plays, it isn't great is it.

I've been playing this game series since the first, I'm not a newcomer to it all, I still play very much the others but this just doesn't feel like a sequel.

So haters, hate and people can agree but at the end of the day, that is what I feel. I'm on the fence about cancellation because I feel that... I feel the care is gone from it all. Planet Coaster is still under the radar compared to this but when it gets rolling that train is going to be hard to stop. It is better, it is Frontier, a company that gave us the game that most of us still play. So as fair as it is to be 'loyal', make sure you know what you are being loyal to.

___

I don't want this game to fail by the way, I don't. I just can't see it changing enough to be a true successor.

Indominus
12-12-2015, 04:03 PM
I just cancelled my pre-order.

Kombiice
12-12-2015, 04:07 PM
I just cancelled my pre-order.

why ??

CycloneGU
12-12-2015, 07:01 PM
Don't think you can really compare something primarily PC based to game systems. Game systems are predefined hardware, where as PC stuff isn't. For example, the requirements to run Soaked over RCT3 required more RAM, a better processor and GPU.

When things like Soaked came out, it wasn't just the extras like rides, but also the underlying coding to render and animate those rides. To have it so that the game without the expansion pack could run it, would mean updating the base game to support any new systems implemented in an expansion pack, which could then increase the system requirements for the base game. They can do that on something like a Wii-U game because they know the hardware its running on. On a PC based game, that's an unknown and limiting RCTW to what the requirements are now for future expansion packs, will also limit what can be done in those expansions.

About the only work around would be to implement a placeholder type system for people who don't have that expansion pack. For example, we get a Soaked type expansion pack for RCTW. Someone creates a river rapids ride and shares it. If I download it and don't have the soaked pack, the ride will render, but not animate, since I would be missing the hydraulic dynamics system that Soaked introduced. Actually this could be a great idea for Atari. People still seeing the rides, but they aren't animated. I could see people finally going "ughh! Time to bite the bullet and get that expansion pack."
You completely missed my point.

I'm going to use your example. "For example, we get a Soaked type expansion pack for RCTW. Someone creates a river rapids ride and shares it. If I download it and don't have the soaked pack, the ride will render, but not animate, since I would be missing the hydraulic dynamics system that Soaked introduced."

By that logic, going back to Super Smash Bros., anyone playing the DLC stage online does not have the stage, so they are not allowed to see it play normally. All they get is a static picture background. Everyone gets that because the online experience should only be for stages that come with the main game. WRONG. The stage still plays normally, fully working, and doing exactly what players expect it to every time they play it, and anyone seeing the stage might think, "Hmm, I like that, I'ma buy it". That's how DLC (or even expansions) should be where multi-player or sharing stuff is involved; if I download "Expansion Park" and it has, let's say, a Log Flume ride that the original game does not support, then you know what? Show me the entire thing. Don't let me edit the ride if I am playing the park to redo it to my own design ((though deleting the ride can be possible, in which case you lose it, it's gone). Just show me the ride exactly as it should be seen in the expansion. The updates to the main game can include all the hydraulics and water splashing effects, but not the actual files for constructing it. The idea is seeing the full ride, working properly, might say to me, "You know what, this looks AWESOME, I must have this", and chink, there goes my money. If I see a garbage "placeholder", I will just say, "Bleh, that's unfinished crap" and move on, and not even give a thought to it. The idea is this: if 90% of players upgrade to the expansion pack, the other 10% basically have useless multiplayer features they have paid for, and they are left with no way to play with their friends. A game called "Fantasy Life" actually did this, and those who bought the 1.1 DLC cannot play with 1.0 original gameplayers who have not upgraded. A huge flaw. If multiplayer park design is really going to be a thing, the game must support the expansion material in the base pack to properly pull this off.

So the data files to make everything in every expansion work should be there. However, even if someone were to import the files to attempt to build the rides without the expansions, there should be some way to block users from accessing them. Yes, there are going to be people who try to hack the game and make it so they can use everything without expansions, anyway; I argue that those people are the ones who will download the torrent of the game anyway, so Atari really doesn't lose anything from this possibility. It might be an idea to have a delay during the initial sale period and then update the functionality to the base game files later, so that after, say, two weeks, most purchasing is completed anyway, and the compatibility is then introduced as a way to advertise to the players who have not bought the expansion. This goes against my other statement, but if multiplayer ends up not being a thing, then this is perfectly fine.

spritefan10
12-12-2015, 08:41 PM
why ??

Probably because mattlab provided us with yet another blog post that has no new information and the recent Q&A was void of any of the big questions on the forums such as "Why no early access/more beta weekend time?" or "Will there really be no limits or will you still be leaving in the text box that restricts you from placing down track pieces that it thinks are too curved?"

CycloneGU
12-12-2015, 08:53 PM
Probably because mattlab provided us with yet another blog post that has no new information and the recent Q&A was void of any of the big questions on the forums such as "Why no early access/more beta weekend time?" or "Will there really be no limits or will you still be leaving in the text box that restricts you from placing down track pieces that it thinks are too curved?"
And the reason for that is likely because the acceptable discussion materials were reviewed beforehand, so any unrelated questions were automatically dumped. I won't divulge something I've learned, but based on yesterday's comments and Mattlab's own comments about what Marketing or such has approved him to discuss, it suggests to me they clearly won't discuss the scenario editor. Which is a shame, because that's the one thing that gives infinite playability and the one thing I would get the game for. They really should market that as an element to show just that. Of course, that also doesn't confirm there will or will not be a scenario editor. I want to know that basic answer: is there going to be a scenario editor for us? If not, why not? Why would someone buying a game that is focused on user-created content buy a game without a means of generating user-created content? These are important questions!

Neko_Baron
12-13-2015, 02:36 AM
Thing is overall people are worried (I know I am), honestly I think a lot of us are on edge thinking if we might refund. Game gets delayed pushing the time back further making it harder to refund depending on purchase method.

I'm worried we wont see a beta again till one week before release and if its not perfect? We're going to be furious since there's no way they will have any time left.

Please just give us something to play, put faint in the fans, don't leave it to the last second.

Big_Boy
12-13-2015, 08:44 AM
Let us all stay calm, Friday we going to see the game like it is now. I know they will show some good stuf depending on the questions they maybe build what we ask. to show us some stuff.

Joe Android
12-13-2015, 09:01 AM
Let us all stay calm, Friday we going to see the game like it is now. I know they will show some good stuf depending on the questions they maybe build what we ask. to show us some stuff.

After the new Dev Diary of Planet Coaster, they have no choice to show the full potential of RCTW. Lots of people are canceling the pre-order, they should convince these people to pre-ordering the game again.

Indominus
12-13-2015, 10:26 AM
The shops and restaurants are just black boxes...

Joe Android
12-13-2015, 11:01 AM
I need to see the shops closer and more variety of them, but I feel they are very simple and with few details, even I can say that the shops of RCT3 have more details. I don't think we'll see the activity of peeps in the restaurants, because the crystals are not transparent.

http://ec0c5a7f741a6f3bff65-dd07187202f57fa404a8f047da2bcff5.r85.cf1.rackcdn.c om/images/-m_w8OOFJsMU.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/RCTW-Suspended-Coaster.jpg
http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/RCTW-Marketing-Shot-02.png

By the way, because it gives me the feeling that all stalls of each theme have the same design? It's annoying.

CoasterDrive
12-14-2015, 07:27 AM
I agree with this. And because there are only four pre-defined coaster stations (yes, each coaster type has it's own variations, but still same appearance) this is going to be boring after a couple of coasters. And i am not calling for more pre-defined coaster stations, simply the fact that there are pre-defined coaster stations and no option to customize them yields just a glorified RCT4M version to me. I will follow RCTW along the path, but i will not buy it (after i already got a refund) until you can really create the park you want, because pre-defined stations/shops/restaurants are never they way you want.

robinhsluis
12-14-2015, 09:51 AM
I agree with this. And because there are only four pre-defined coaster stations (yes, each coaster type has it's own variations, but still same appearance) this is going to be boring after a couple of coasters. And i am not calling for more pre-defined coaster stations, simply the fact that there are pre-defined coaster stations and no option to customize them yields just a glorified RCT4M version to me. I will follow RCTW along the path, but i will not buy it (after i already got a refund) until you can really create the park you want, because pre-defined stations/shops/restaurants are never they way you want.

you speak exactly the way i was thinking. I think they should add the option to NOT have a roof above your station. I'd like to create them myself like i did in RCT3. The way they present us the shops, rides and stations looks like we don't have a choice of just having something regular instead of pre-themed.

DoctorPelusa
12-14-2015, 12:22 PM
Well, while not quite realistic, the solution of removing te roof would allow for better theming and user customization (once we are giving the piece-by-piece builder)

DonSPa
12-14-2015, 08:08 PM
don't forget though we will have steam and I'm sure stations probally will be some of the first things created

CoasterDrive
12-15-2015, 01:26 AM
don't forget though we will have steam and I'm sure stations probally will be some of the first things created

Unfortunately not. Steam Workshop will, at launch, only support non-interactive scenery items. A station where people have to interact with the queue, gates, trains will not be supported. It may be added, but probably even after custom scenery was added (at least that's my preferred order)

Big_Boy
12-15-2015, 05:29 AM
@ Mattlab,

Any idea how long the stream will be ? just to get an idea how many time i have to make free :D

Keep up to good work :), i still believe in the game :D can't wait anymore ;).

Big_Boy
12-17-2015, 10:25 AM
What a usefull answer i'm getting, thx anyway so sad ...

RCTW1
12-17-2015, 03:10 PM
Getting exited for the stream tomorrow. :)

Wayne
12-17-2015, 05:12 PM
I will pop in for sure to check it out and see what is going to going on! Pretty excited! :)

Big_Boy
12-17-2015, 08:00 PM
Well i'm looking forward to it too soo i have high expectations.

vapourmike
12-18-2015, 05:05 AM
It will be interesting to see what's been added. RCTW looks like it will be a great game and I will buy on it's release but it does have a lot of catching up to do with PC, however they do 'feel' different hence I think it's going to be the case of owning both :)

DoctorPelusa
12-18-2015, 08:49 AM
Does anyone know when is todays stream in CET (central european time) i'm always messed on conversions with that summer hour changes...

Big_Boy
12-18-2015, 11:12 AM
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/edt-to-cet-converter

here you can see normaly 8pm.

Joe Android
12-18-2015, 01:22 PM
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/edt-to-cet-converter

here you can see normaly 8pm.

I am excited for this Livestream!

I hope to see the full potential of the game and not shoddy things.

The Livestream will start at 20:00h PM on Spain, my country. :D

supermc
12-18-2015, 01:48 PM
I really hope watching this livestream is worthwhile. I'm nearing the end of my tether with the PR of RCTW.

CycloneGU
12-18-2015, 03:44 PM
How does one join this stream? I wish it was somewhere like Twitch...any direct links?

Marvin
12-18-2015, 03:49 PM
How does one join this stream? I wish it was somewhere like Twitch...any direct links?

http://www.twitch.tv/alienware

It's almost over now though.

brandino
12-18-2015, 03:53 PM
"I'm reading the chat and everyone seems to be awe, no questions to be answered"

Really?...

Wabigbear
12-18-2015, 03:54 PM
"I'm reading the chat and everyone seems to be awe, no questions to be answered"

Really?...

Yeah, I saw that too...what feed where they looking at?

CycloneGU
12-18-2015, 03:58 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/alienware

It's almost over now though.

Yeah, I eventually realized Google searching "Alienware Twitch" might have better results and got in at the end.

Was Scenario Editor answered at all? I feel out of the loop now.

Marvin
12-18-2015, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I eventually realized Google searching "Alienware Twitch" might have better results and got in at the end.

Was Scenario Editor answered at all? I feel out of the loop now.

Nope, they only showed off the new coaster builder and that was it. They didn't answer any questions.

H_Pops
12-18-2015, 04:16 PM
They actually shared the pictures themselves now :confused: https://www.facebook.com/RCTWorldOfficial/posts/1110444062329546

CycloneGU
12-18-2015, 04:18 PM
Nope, they only showed off the new coaster builder and that was it. They didn't answer any questions.

This is extremely disappointing. I know there is still lots of time for the answer, and it won't affect me if I find out a month from now (except I know whether to spend a lot of effort creating the remake map designs for my project), but I am still basing my decision on this simple element. If we're not going to be able to create scenarios, I really am going to be thinking about not buying the game. I think it's time I contact Atari directly and note my disappointment with the lack of direct communication and point out that this is a critical thing to know since Mattlab isn't answering my PM from over a week ago. I'm getting the impression from its exclusion from last week's Q&A that it's not there, but I want a confirmation that it's not there or that it's there. It doesn't have to be shown off. Just tell me what's planned.

CycloneGU
12-18-2015, 04:28 PM

Really?...
I nearly choked.

MR.sugar
12-18-2015, 04:53 PM

Really?...

Just a proof Matt does only one thing. He tries to sell the game at any costs, which is his job. He is no honest at all and he will always speak in superlatives. I clearly remember him saying that this is AAA game with next.gen graphics. Few days later, they released infamous Area52 trailer :D.

Wabigbear
12-18-2015, 06:02 PM
I clearly remember him saying that this is AAA game with next.gen graphics. Few days later, they released infamous Area52 trailer :D.

Yep, and some people wonder why there's such a high degree of skepticism about this game. We've heard the hype before. It doesn't impress as much after being repeated so often, which is why people like to see actual proof - not more empty promotional banter.

RCTW1
12-18-2015, 06:09 PM
While RCTW is looking really good, but I fear that Mattlab is holding RCTW back which is actually doing harm. Nvizzio is doing great in my opinion, but please stop with these holding back on secrets Mattlab. I hope this constructive criticism will help you.

Joe Android
12-18-2015, 06:12 PM
Just a proof Matt does only one thing. He tries to sell the game at any costs, which is his job. He is no honest at all and he will always speak in superlatives. I clearly remember him saying that this is AAA game with next.gen graphics. Few days later, they released infamous Area52 trailer :D.

Before of that awful trailer, we saw some wonderful images of Pipeworks, that's what I don0t undertand.

First they show something decent and then a horrible trailer?

Someone is lying here.

magicart87
12-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Hey guys, Deuce has set up a great thread for talking about the Alienware Twitch stream. https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?7656-Live-Stream-Thoughts-and-poll

Let's try and keep the ideas, thoughts, critiques and concerns in his thread. Thanks.

Hanazakari86
12-30-2015, 01:07 PM
tired of waiting !! whats next??

CycloneGU
12-30-2015, 04:04 PM
tired of waiting !! whats next??

http://i.imgur.com/FNGXww6.gif

Since Atari is pretty good at keeping necessary decision-making information from us in ways that will hurt them in the long term...

shirty
12-30-2015, 04:06 PM
whats next is, the devs finish their holidays.
You want an update at this time of year?
update... the devs have had a great time relaxing and seeing their families, recharging ready to return to work in the new year.

jdavies
01-04-2016, 07:05 PM
they need to tell us when the Second beta is

Hanazakari86
01-04-2016, 11:34 PM
And they have to reveal the actual release date!!!!

DoctorPelusa
01-04-2016, 11:40 PM
May I suppose we have 1 beta left, and then release?

I actually thought there were still 2 betas left, and then the release...

JoŽlNL
01-05-2016, 07:56 AM
May I suppose we have 1 beta left, and then release?

I actually thought there were still 2 betas left, and then the release...

Originally, 2 betas were planned. One in October and one in November. The last one has been shifted to 'early 2016', just like the release. Now we are waiting for dates on both the second beta and the release.

CycloneGU
01-05-2016, 03:57 PM
Originally, 2 betas were planned. One in October and one in November. The last one has been shifted to 'early 2016', just like the release. Now we are waiting for dates on both the second beta and the release.

I think they planned to beta the remake of the coaster stuff with more elements available, and another beta after that. I think a June release is more likely given fan reaction of late, and since they're not really talking about much at once now.

JoŽlNL
01-05-2016, 06:30 PM
I think they planned to beta the remake of the coaster stuff with more elements available, and another beta after that. I think a June release is more likely given fan reaction of late, and since they're not really talking about much at once now.

We'll see about it... That would mean a third beta. And it would mean another shift of the release, as June is not exactly 'early 2016', which I personally consider January to March / Q1.

I do know that I am looking forward to it! :)

DoctorPelusa
01-05-2016, 07:26 PM
We'll see about it... That would mean a third beta. And it would mean another shift of the release, as June is not exactly 'early 2016', which I personally consider January to March / Q1.

I do know that I am looking forward to it! :)

Well, the view in this case is not so nice, if that was the case i expected that second beta for christmas, so we had the third one on febrary, for an eventual release at the beginning of may...

That's why i think that now we'll only have one more beta period...

JoŽlNL
01-06-2016, 11:49 AM
Well, the view in this case is not so nice, if that was the case i expected that second beta for christmas, so we had the third one on febrary, for an eventual release at the beginning of may...

That's why i think that now we'll only have one more beta period...

Ah, I see. Originally there were only 2 betas planned. We've had 1, and the other 1 is yet to be held. I hope to hear the dates for beta 2 and release soon. :)

Hanazakari86
01-06-2016, 05:02 PM
Jan Feb Mar Apr ---> Early
May jun jul Aug ---> Mid
Sep oct nov Dec ---> late
They said they will release the game early 2016 so it should be the first 4 months!! Hope earlier!!

Hanazakari86
01-08-2016, 08:23 AM
its friday already and we haven't got any new dev blogs!! :(

ddrplaya4638
01-08-2016, 10:00 AM
Calm your horses...we will get one soon. I'm sure the team is working on the game non stop. I am sure we will get some new details soon.

Big_Boy
01-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Calm your horses...we will get one soon. I'm sure the team is working on the game non stop. I am sure we will get some new details soon.

they do work hard, everyday you see history changes on steam, about file updates etc... so this means then do a lot of work.

CycloneGU
01-08-2016, 04:08 PM
Jan Feb Mar Apr ---> Early
May jun jul Aug ---> Mid
Sep oct nov Dec ---> late
They said they will release the game early 2016 so it should be the first 4 months!! Hope earlier!!
Don't hope for that. Hope instead for a fully polished, 100% done game. Sure updates can be done later, but they want to get the bugs out now and get everything implemented that needs to be.

AngelaAngora
01-10-2016, 11:02 AM
Meh, any game developer knows that only the major bugs matter. the minor ones can be patched.. unless your Bethesda and just don't care D: ..

Lapuente
01-11-2016, 04:38 PM
you abandon us... we abandon you

ddrplaya4638
01-11-2016, 05:46 PM
you abandon us... we abandon you
Please tell me how they have abandoned us. They delayed the game due to OUR feedback from the beta test. The did a stream on the 18th and said that they would be back in the new year with new information. Now if we get to February and we haven't seen anything then I will agree we have been abandoned.

Hanazakari86
01-13-2016, 02:12 PM
at least we got a new render video
https://youtu.be/_VSJpuWN3Ss
:D

ddrplaya4638
01-13-2016, 02:18 PM
at least we got a new render video
https://youtu.be/_VSJpuWN3Ss
:D

It looks fantastic doesn't it!

Hanazakari86
01-13-2016, 02:19 PM
yeah it does :D <3

dyoung1160
01-13-2016, 09:26 PM
I am starting to think the early access was a waste of $$$ and I should have just paid $30 and got this when its released. Does anyone know when they will post another blog or anything? I really wish the beta was more than a weekend.

DonSPa
01-13-2016, 10:08 PM
. Does anyone know when they will post another blog or anything? .

only matt knows this,u like the rest of us including mods just have to wait til matts ready to give us something

epos3004
01-14-2016, 07:54 AM
Full ack:
Early Access was a waste of money.

djshotty
02-14-2016, 12:55 AM
You just hope that the developers read these forums, because there's several RCT3 players who have the Beta 1 that have great ideas about how RCTW should behave. My two gripes so far? I'd like the POV camera to act the same way as what it did in RCT3, because its easier to move your view around; and MAJOR GRIPE! Please allow us to keep a fully lit park fr as long as we're building things! It's very difficult to get terrain levels, building angles, track curvature etc the way we like while there's shadows moving across the park, then the place goes dark. To those who are going to say, "Press the Pause button", when you play the Beta you'll find that a coaster train won't move onto the track if the game's paused.
Other than that, the Add and Remove Water feature is awesome, the terrain editor is much better than RCT3 (except that you can't build coasters underground), the Path editor is a bit fussy sometimes and overall the game's got heaps of awesome stuff! Bring it on!

CycloneGU
02-14-2016, 04:08 AM
...the terrain editor is much better than RCT3 (except that you can't build coasters underground)...
Wait, are you serious?

There goes a lot of ability to build profitable parks right there. Being able to build underground is integral to the game. If it's not there, you might as well not bother releasing the game. Which means they are surely figuring that part out before they go to a Beta 2 state.

djshotty
02-14-2016, 08:40 AM
Wait, are you serious?

There goes a lot of ability to build profitable parks right there. Being able to build underground is integral to the game. If it's not there, you might as well not bother releasing the game. Which means they are surely figuring that part out before they go to a Beta 2 state.If you build a coaster on flat ground then raise the terrain around it, you risk the car hitting walls. You know how the track supports get shorter as you raise the terrain under the track in RCT3? Well, that doesn't happen in the first Beta. Their most important job? Getting the path editor interacting with the ground the right way...

CycloneGU
02-14-2016, 01:53 PM
If you build a coaster on flat ground then raise the terrain around it, you risk the car hitting walls. You know how the track supports get shorter as you raise the terrain under the track in RCT3? Well, that doesn't happen in the first Beta. Their most important job? Getting the path editor interacting with the ground the right way...
Going underground is vital to success in some maps. So they need to get coasters, paths, and any kind of ride they have working underground. Look at Canary Mines, from Corkscrew Follies; the ENTRANCE goes underground from the gate, into the park. It then emerges with. IIRC, a railroad track on the inside of the park, often going underground. It's a vital element to that park to go underground. The ability needs to be there to make some maps work; otherwise, they're impossible without stacking rides 20 tiles in the air on top of each other.

djshotty
02-14-2016, 08:44 PM
Going underground is vital to success in some maps. So they need to get coasters, paths, and any kind of ride they have working underground. Look at Canary Mines, from Corkscrew Follies; the ENTRANCE goes underground from the gate, into the park. It then emerges with. IIRC, a railroad track on the inside of the park, often going underground. It's a vital element to that park to go underground. The ability needs to be there to make some maps work; otherwise, they're impossible without stacking rides 20 tiles in the air on top of each other.Exactly! I have a park in RCT3 where one third of a coaster's track is underground, including the station, queue and paths to/from. What I'd like to see is a way to create a roof cover or tunnel on flat ground, build the coaster track through that tunnel then cover it with soil, just like you can with putting water in a valley or hole. I'm also hoping - against hope, I'm afraid - that RCTW will be able to import RCT3 parks in the same way I can edit coasters from previous RCT games with RCT3. My wish list includes this: an opportunity to have a glass covered walkway going through a waterfall, that actually stops peeps from getting wet as the water splashes over the roof....

Marvin
02-14-2016, 10:50 PM
Exactly! I have a park in RCT3 where one third of a coaster's track is underground, including the station, queue and paths to/from. What I'd like to see is a way to create a roof cover or tunnel on flat ground, build the coaster track through that tunnel then cover it with soil, just like you can with putting water in a valley or hole. I'm also hoping - against hope, I'm afraid - that RCTW will be able to import RCT3 parks in the same way I can edit coasters from previous RCT games with RCT3. My wish list includes this: an opportunity to have a glass covered walkway going through a waterfall, that actually stops peeps from getting wet as the water splashes over the roof....

Tunnels won't be possible at launch.

djshotty
02-15-2016, 01:19 AM
Tunnels won't be possible at launch.What does that mean exactly?

Here's what I'd like to do, but explained a little more in depth...
(a) build a complete coaster on flat ground,
(b) cover sections of the track that I'd like to have 'underground' with a hollow cylinder or hollow rectangular prism that can be edited to enclose and protect both the track and a train full of peeps from water or dirt,
(c) raise the terrain on either side of that track cover/'tunnel', then
(d) fill the gaps in with free flowing dirt (or water) in the same way the Beta's terrain editor fills a ditch or valley with water.
Imagine a coaster running completely inside glass tunnels under a lake that peeps are riding bumper boats and windsurfers on - something I've actually seen in a RCT3 park - or hopping on board a coaster that has its station underground, going up the lift chain slope (still underground) then going into a vertical dive down a mountainside right beside a waterfall, something I've actually built myself in RCT3. CycloneGU is spot on when he says "Going underground is vital to success in some maps".
Trust me, the terrain editor in the Beta already has a small flaw where you can raise terrain on either side of the track, fill that valley with water and the train will still run through the water. All that's needed is a small tweak that allows the Tycoon to fill those holes and valleys with soil that conforms to level like the water does, but with an added code telling the water or soil not to pass through the tunnel walls. Surely a game that's got all the cleverness of the Beta so far can have such a feature in the first full version?

CoasterDrive
02-15-2016, 05:24 AM
djshotty, let it go...that won't make it into the first version. they have still a huge pile of things to do and they already said, that underground construction won't make it. They probably won't touch an already confirmed not-to-be-in-the-game-at-launch-feature...

Big_Boy
02-15-2016, 06:14 AM
IT is getting high time to get some news from the front ...

This isn't so fun, reading this forum :s and waiting for lose promise ..

djshotty
02-15-2016, 06:57 AM
IT is getting high time to get some news from the front ...

This isn't so fun, reading this forum :s and waiting for lose promise ..Agreed, especially when the Beta's they promised 12 months ago are only getting released now...

Big_Boy
02-15-2016, 02:40 PM
We should get a Beta and blog info today, can't be true it is taking an ohter week/month ...

CycloneGU
02-15-2016, 07:45 PM
djshotty, let it go...that won't make it into the first version. they have still a huge pile of things to do and they already said, that underground construction won't make it. They probably won't touch an already confirmed not-to-be-in-the-game-at-launch-feature...
It doesn't change the fact that it's needed. I assume actual release will involve CDs being shipped to stores, so I presume they;'ll put a wrap on it, announce the release, and then get to work on the tunneling for when the release actually happens. The actual game won't have it, but the first patch shortly after will.

At least that's what I'm envisioning. And I need tunneling to remake original parks exactly (Dynamite Dunes, anyone?). I think, after finishing the Canary Mines map conversion to text, I'm going to just look at maps that have no rides or anything in them for a while and make those a priority.

djshotty
02-16-2016, 01:16 AM
I need tunneling to remake original parks exactlyAll they need do is work out a way to build an open-ended hollow rectangular prism or cylinder around the track, essentially a 'tunnel' that's big enough for the track and a train full of peeps to pass through without hitting the inside walls. Then the player could use a similar editor to the totally awesome 'Water Adder/Remover' to lay down soil or dirt, which would then solidify around the outside walls of those 'tunnels'. You'd be able to terraform that added soil as if it were flat ground, pretty much building a mountain over the top of the tunnels. End result? A coaster that goes through a mountain, or even underwater through a glass tunnel. Surely that's not too much to ask?