PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

leenewell
12-05-2015, 11:17 AM
I am excited about RCT World! The beta version looks awesome already. It has some bugs of course, but who cares? LOL! I just love the new, updated coaster designs and the ability to make all of the unique track elements. It just takes practice it seems. Does anyone know how I can become a beta tester? I would love to tinker with it and give my two cents as well.;)

JoŽlNL
12-05-2015, 11:28 AM
I am excited about RCT World! The beta version looks awesome already. It has some bugs of course, but who cares? LOL! I just love the new, updated coaster designs and the ability to make all of the unique track elements. It just takes practice it seems. Does anyone know how I can become a beta tester? I would love to tinker with it and give my two cents as well.;)

Hi leenewell, welcome aboard the RCTW ride. Nice you have joined the forum! We are currently looking forward to a new blogpost from Mattlab, producer from Atari. If you want to test the beta of RCTW, you will have to buy the game (from Steam). See the pre-order page for details: http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/buy/
Currently, we are waiting for a date for the second beta, which has yet to be announced. It could be in december, but as the game release has been shifted to early 2016, the beta may shift to a later date as well.

leenewell
12-05-2015, 12:00 PM
Much appreciated for the information and thanks for the link! Nerd 3, the game critic hates the beta version. From what I've seen though, it looks awesome to me. He doesn't like the height limit of 80 meters. While that is not the best thing and it may be because it's a beta version, I like the fact it challenges you to build a safety oriented ride. Just my early opinion, but I do hope the height restrictions are not limited to 80 meters in the actual finished product. BTW: What platforms will the game be available in? I have windows 7. Will I have to go get a gaming PC just to play it?

JoŽlNL
12-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Atari and Nvizzio are aiming at average pc's. Windows 7 and above will be supported. The current system requirements are found at the Steam product page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/282560/? they are subject to change as the game is still in development.

I hope the second beta will be a lot better than the first beta. On my pc, the first beta did not go beyond the menu screen, and kept crashing every time I tried to load a park. Nvizzio has stated that they will fix lots of bugs that were in the first beta, so I hope it will turn out good.

We will see, I'm looking forward to updates on development :)

Edit: my pc is better than the minimum system requirements, so it should run the game without problems.

leenewell
12-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Atari and Nvizzio are aiming at average pc's. Windows 7 and above will be supported. The current system requirements are found at the Steam product page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/282560/? they are subject to change as the game is still in development.

I hope the second beta will be a lot better than the first beta. On my pc, the first beta did not go beyond the menu screen, and kept crashing every time I tried to load a park. Nvizzio has stated that they will fix lots of bugs that were in the first beta, so I hope it will turn out good.

We will see, I'm looking forward to updates on development :)

Edit: my pc is better than the minimum system requirements, so it should run the game without problems.

Awesome! Thank you so much! You've been very helpful. I probably should invest in a gaming PC, but as long as I can still purchase and play this game on my current Toshiba Satellite, I am cool.

JoŽlNL
12-07-2015, 07:52 AM
Awesome! Thank you so much! You've been very helpful. I probably should invest in a gaming PC, but as long as I can still purchase and play this game on my current Toshiba Satellite, I am cool.

You're welcome!

I will probably have to invest in my pc as well, I may need a new graphics card so that I can play RCTW smoothly. But I will wait for the release of RCTW so that I can see how my pc will handle the game.

leenewell
12-11-2015, 10:53 PM
I just purchased the pre-order today 12/11/2015, fully expecting to have access to the beta coaster builder and I got nothing. Did I misunderstand something? I thought I'd be able to practice before the main game is released.

coaster6
12-12-2015, 04:29 PM
I just purchased the pre-order today 12/11/2015, fully expecting to have access to the beta coaster builder and I got nothing. Did I misunderstand something? I thought I'd be able to practice before the main game is released.

Leenewell,
You will get access during the next RCTW beta weekend. The next one is currently scheduled for 2016. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me! Hope this helps.

leenewell
12-12-2015, 05:04 PM
Leenewell,
You will get access during the next RCTW beta weekend. The next one is currently scheduled for 2016. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me! Hope this helps.
Thank you for that information. I was wondering what was going on lol! I saw the podcast and Mattlab said they will be showing the game next Friday. Can't wait to see it!