PDA

View Full Version : Unable To Play Newly Purchased Game From Steam

jedimojoaustin
12-01-2015, 03:46 PM
Although Im a Mac guy, I have a gaming PC just for gaming. Its middle of the road, a 2GB brand new graphics card, 4GB of ram, an I7 processor all running on Win 7 ultimate. Im able to play Dragon Age Inquisition on mostly high settings, SWTOR on all high settings, so on and so forth.

When working building any kind of rides but most especially, when working on water parks, the game barely moves. It also crashes every now and then. After tons of research, I found out that a Wild 3 patch might be the solution but (a) the link in these forums is dead, does not work for that patch and (b) when I finally found one somewhere else- I get an error code because I do not have the CD version of the game.

Why is this game being sold through steam without the ability to solve, from everything Ive read, this rather common problem? And while Im pumped about the new game coming it out, it does not appear to have water parks which is what I love most. And I just paid money for a game that should work.

Any Wild 3 patches that actually work for Steam based purchases? Also, for RCT3, I did adjust all the setting in custom down, no shading etc... but it made no difference.

jedimojoaustin
12-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Steam tells me to contact you and you have no support ticket system that I can find. I posted al week ago about the game not working on a decent system. The reason for this is the inability to patch wild 3 because I bought the download version vs the disk version. Steam wont refund me and directs me to you. And I cant get a response or a patch or anything. I dont want to be like this but you're not leaving me many choices here. I need a way to patch what I bought or I need a refund from someone.

ddrplaya4638
12-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Steam should update the game to the latest version. Is it not even loading? Have you posted on the Facebook page?

jedimojoaustin
12-03-2015, 07:29 PM
Whose Facebook page- Steam or RCT? Ive written Steam and they send me here. Its an RCT issue. The Wild 3 patch is needed and I have yet to find a version that does not require me to own a CD. Its loads fine, just the workflow barely moves, whether its my first ride or my 20th, doesnt matter. This is related to the well known issue that came from the Wild add on thus the Wild 3 patch. From what Ive heard from Steam and other forums, there is no such thing as RCT3 with the WIld 3 built in. I can play a ton of games, graphic intense games such DA:I on medium to high settings, no problem. Cannot play RCT-Plat at all, it loads and then takes a good 3 minutes or longer per piece placement

ChipmunkAtariCS
12-17-2015, 12:00 AM
Please send a support ticket at http://support.atari.com/ so that we can better assist you. Access the site and click on “Submit a help request”, fill in your information and click on submit.

Thank you!