PDA

View Full Version : RCTW - Blog #26 - Happy Thanksgiving from Team RCTW!

Mattlab
11-25-2015, 08:18 PM
Dear Tycoons,

As we head into the Holiday weekend, we want to give you all a quick RCTW update. The team at Nvizzio is hard at work refining RollerCoaster Tycoon World, with a focus on the updated features we laid out in previous blogs – new coaster builder, improved coaster feedback, improved fence tools and an on-demand grid. The piece-by-piece coaster builder is coming together brilliantly and acts as a great complement to our free-form coaster tool. We can’t wait for you to try it for yourself!

And speaking of trying RCTW for yourself – each day we get one step closer to our next preview weekend! We’ll have an announcement with the exact timing of the preview once we are fully ready and confirmed, along with a list of features you can expect to see. This updated build will incorporate the new systems YOU have requested.

Many of the updated features are already working but are now undergoing testing and feedback cycles internally at the studio. Once we get through this phase along with a little extra polish we will be ready to share more info publicly.

As always, we’re committed to incorporating your feedback and providing the world class RCT experience you deserve. The success of the game hinges on support from our most devoted fans, so we’re so excited to show you how RCTW has progressed since the first Beta. Thank you again for your dedication and excitement for RCTW throughout the roller coaster ride of game development.

Wishing you a happy and healthy Holiday,
Team RCTW

Original Blog Found Here (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-26-happy-thanksgiving-from-team-rctw/)

demomode_br
11-25-2015, 08:35 PM
Happy holidays!

One more thing, maybe you guys should add a Help Key (F1) or an option to show the hotkeys available.

JMR
11-25-2015, 08:41 PM
It is great to hear that progress is going so well! At quite a pace too it seems. Thanks for all the hard work! Happy holidays Team RCTW!

The piece-by-piece coaster builder is coming together brilliantly and acts as a great complement to our free-form coaster tool

Hype! :cool:

Joe Android
11-25-2015, 08:44 PM
''New coaster builder''?

What do you mean with this?

RCTW1
11-25-2015, 09:06 PM
Thank you Mattlab!

OTR24
11-25-2015, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the update!

coaster6
11-25-2015, 10:10 PM
Great! I'd like to wish everyone Happy Thanksgiving, even if you typically don't celebrate it!

dany191s
11-25-2015, 10:21 PM
great update ! thanks mattlab !

just a question: next beta will include reworked path system and a less restrictive scenery placement tool , right ???

Marvin
11-25-2015, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the "update."

lohansony
11-26-2015, 01:16 AM
Happy holidays!

One more thing, maybe you guys should add a Help Key (F1) or an option to show the hotkeys available.

I agree! this would be a GREAT feature. A MUST have. Another idea would be to incorporate daily or random tips that will show up in a small section towards the bottom of this window. I hate having to click through tips and intros at the launch of these games, so the Help screen would be a great place for these.

Kombiice
11-26-2015, 02:05 AM
Cool. !!

CoasterDrive
11-26-2015, 04:41 AM
You said you would show us the progress, when there's something to show. Now you are already testing and the new stuff is looking great, why not showing some screenshots of the new track pieces, testing overlay...? Why is it so hard for you to not show either nothing or just a promo shot, but real insight screenshots?

I guess the answer ist something like "We want you see and test it for yourself during the next preview", but this is sad :(

Still great for you making progress!

DoctorPelusa
11-26-2015, 09:09 AM
Not like they said anything we didn't know already, I expected at least a sneak peak on the piece-by-piece builder. However it seems like Mattlab is doing an effort to keep comunication so let's turn a blind eye for now...

Big_Boy
11-26-2015, 11:58 AM
Many thanks to the team, that they are so commited to make us the best game ever.

Thx for this small word of info to the community that is so wonderfull !

And enjoy your weekend the whole team deserve a weekend of peace and rest :).

veggiet
11-26-2015, 12:39 PM
''New coaster builder''?

What do you mean with this?

Pretty sure they mean the piece by piece building mode. My best guess is that the fundamentals of the coaster construction will be the same. It will still be a spline based track, but when you start to build or edit you will be able to choose "piece by piece / RCT classic" or "spline build."

S1m0nde
11-26-2015, 01:08 PM
I really enjoy to hear more frequently from you. It is much better than a big update all 3 or 4 weeks.
Thanks a lot and a happy thanksgiving.

Joe Android
11-26-2015, 01:08 PM
Pretty sure they mean the piece by piece building mode. My best guess is that the fundamentals of the coaster construction will be the same. It will still be a spline based track, but when you start to build or edit you will be able to choose "piece by piece / RCT classic" or "spline build."

Then this is wrong because saying ''new coaster builder'' many people, like me, will understand that they will remake the coaster builder, doing other coaster builder with another system.

sdanwolf
11-26-2015, 01:57 PM
I too enjoy the more frequent updates Mattlab instead of a big one once a month but... I wish on these smaller ones you could atleast tease us with some screenshots show us what is "amazingly " coming along. 😞

Alpha32
11-26-2015, 04:01 PM
Don't bother doing another beta if it has huge memory leaks like before.

spritefan10
11-26-2015, 05:20 PM
I don't understand how this is an "announcement". This is just reiterating the 23rd announcement thread we had. If you're going to make an update thread, it has to "announce" to us with 'new' information. Please don't give us these "copy and pasted" blog threads just to make people think you are communicating with us.

MR.sugar
11-26-2015, 05:27 PM
I can count like 3 or 4 updates that brought little excitement so far. This is not one of them. As most of the updates, just more hollow words... Anyway, happy thanksgiving to you too :)

wdfan
11-26-2015, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the update!

Prody67
11-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the update Matt, have a great weekend.

NightStalker
11-26-2015, 06:53 PM
Thank you for the quick RCTW update and happy Thanksgiving to you and the team!

spritefan10
11-26-2015, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the update Matt, have a great weekend.

There was an update thread? Where? All I see is a copy and pasted post of announcement #23.

Diabolikz44
11-27-2015, 08:16 AM
There was an update thread? Where? All I see is a copy and pasted post of announcement #23.
Yes completely agree! Why they doesn't put some pictures of development? Just 1 or 2. No, just only words..:mad:.

spritefan10
11-27-2015, 05:03 PM
OMG this is going nowhere ... stop complainig about stupid stuff ... they said they don't show anything until there sure it is right for them ...

IF he didn't post this one, then he will be blamed not saying anything and let us wait for nothing. Now you know you won't get anymore news this week and you can go out and have some fun.

Kind of of hard to have any fun, you know because we only get like 2 or 3 beta weekends instead of early access/unlimited open beta and the game won't be released until next year. On top of that, they won't even update us with new information, it's almost as if they literally copy and past blog post 23 for this 'new announcement'.

Lets face it, they made a mistake and it hurt them in the end. It would take them a lot to recover and copying and pasting blog posts, not providing pictures, and not giving new information is not the right way to do it.

shirty
11-27-2015, 07:34 PM
Dear Tycoons,
This updated build will incorporate the new systems YOU have requested.

Oh, the systems I requested are incorporated. YEY!! Sounds like everything is fixed because I have requested a lot.

Maybe this could have been a little more specific

iDeanJ
11-28-2015, 02:26 AM
Lmao @ some of you thinking you're entitled to screenshots and inside scoops. The team does not owe us anything and are more then welcome to show us what they want us to see at THEIR pace, please remember that. People never cease to amaze me.

Anyways, thank you for the kind words and continuing to improve upon what was already a promising build of RCTW. Keep up the amazing work Nvizzio!

The Stig
11-28-2015, 03:41 AM
Then this is wrong because saying ''new coaster builder'' many people, like me, will understand that they will remake the coaster builder, doing other coaster builder with another system.

I believe a better description would have been: "improved coaster builder".

MR.sugar
11-28-2015, 03:50 AM
Lmao @ some of you thinking you're entitled to screenshots and inside scoops. The team does not owe us anything and are more then welcome to show us what they want us to see at THEIR pace, please remember that. People never cease to amaze me.

Anyways, thank you for the kind words and continuing to improve upon what was already a promising build of RCTW. Keep up the amazing work Nvizzio!

Developers release media to make people buy their game. Itīs actually a proof how bad the game is, if they donīt want to show it, especialy at this stage of the development.

The more good stuff they show, the more people will buy the game. Simple. These walls of text are not convincing at all, especialy considering the past... And they are mainly boring already... Mattlab could have spent his time on something more useful instead, we can live without these updates.

And we could say the team owe those who pre-ordered. I think itīs about time to actually see what game these people paid for...

Diabolikz44
11-28-2015, 05:34 AM
Developers release media to make people buy their game. Itīs actually a proof how bad the game is, if they donīt want to show it, especialy at this stage of the development.

The more good stuff they show, the more people will buy the game. Simple. These walls of text are not convincing at all, especialy considering the past... And they are mainly boring already... Mattlab could have spent his time on something more useful instead, we can live without these updates.

And we could say the team owe those who pre-ordered. I think itīs about time to actually see what game these people paid for...
I love u man! 100% agree.

spritefan10
11-28-2015, 07:45 AM

Well, technically they do since we paid money for a product advertised to be released THIS year. Also, they have yet to show us any of these improvements to us yet so how do we know they'll pull through?

The Stig
11-28-2015, 02:59 PM
Maybe because it's not finished yet?

RCTW1
11-28-2015, 04:59 PM
Mattlab, the blogs need to be better. So little info and media about RCTW is not doing so well. Need to step up.

iDeanJ
11-28-2015, 06:57 PM
Mattlab specifically stated that the new features are actively being worked on and are not ready to be shown to the public. We've already been granted a delayed release by Atari and team so that they may deliver a game people will be happy with. Patience is a virtue!

And for those demanding that the team provide preorder customers with additional information as "they owe it to them", you have about two options at this point: 1) cancel your preorder and place a new order once more information is made available, or 2) quit your bitching and be patient like the rest of us.

I have also placed a preorder and I am perfectly fine with the team moving at their pace. In fact, I'm happy with them taking as much time as they need in order to deliver a game worthy of that infamous AAA status.

spritefan10
11-28-2015, 07:36 PM
Mattlab specifically stated that the new features are actively being worked on and are not ready to be shown to the public. We've already been granted a delayed release by Atari and team so that they may deliver a game people will be happy with. Patience is a virtue!

And for those demanding that the team provide preorder customers with additional information as "they owe it to them", you have about two options at this point: 1) cancel your preorder and place a new order once more information is made available, or 2) quit your bitching and be patient like the rest of us.

I have also placed a preorder and I am perfectly fine with the team moving at their pace. In fact, I'm happy with them taking as much time as they need in order to deliver a game worthy of that infamous AAA status.

Lets be honest, it's not going to be AAA title. This we know already and probably can guarantee. They already lost most of their fans trust through failing to provide specific and unvague information, tricking their fans into playing the so-called beta so they can't refund after 10 hours of play, providing a low quality trailer of the game, and by falling way short on what they called a beta.

If your going to make it so your beta testers are lured into a trap by being in a non-refundable state, at least let them play the beta, even if it is just a coaster builder, until release.

MR.sugar
11-29-2015, 03:09 AM
Iīm sorry, they call this an AAA game, so their marketing should reflect this as well.

I donīt want to see these features they are currently working on. I want to see the maangement part of the game, I want to see the guests AI and behaviour. I want to see the real gameplay. At this stage, it shouldnīt be a problem. Just have a look at the other game, how they handle their PR.

Maybe because it's not finished yet?

Of course itīs not, but it doesnīt mean they canīt show us anything. They should have a lot of things done by now, as the release is not that far... Not mentioning that RCT3 showed a great deal of screenshots,trailer and information despite being almost a year before the release... This is not

Let me FIX this for ya

1) cancel your preorder and place a new order once more information is made available, or 2) quit your bitching and be patient like the rest of us. 3) Keep complaining to provide Atari with useful feedback and let them know that they do something wrong. They say they listen to us, so I pressume they will improve on the updates and communication with fanbase.

They need to know this. There is strong competitor out there and honestly, Iīm leaning more towards the other game at this pont, because:

1) they communicate with fans and update quite frequently.
2) They show a lot of interesting stuff (even if itīs not finished) that just proves they care about the details. While RCTW at this points feels like itīs not going to be very detailed, will have quite simple AI and will be probably lacking some content...

Daphnir
11-29-2015, 01:57 PM
Iīm sorry, they call this an AAA game, so their marketing should reflect this as well.

I donīt want to see these features they are currently working on. I want to see the maangement part of the game, I want to see the guests AI and behaviour. I want to see the real gameplay. At this stage, it shouldnīt be a problem. Just have a look at the other game, how they handle their PR.

Of course itīs not, but it doesnīt mean they canīt show us anything. They should have a lot of things done by now, as the release is not that far... Not mentioning that RCT3 showed a great deal of screenshots,trailer and information despite being almost a year before the release... This is not

Let me FIX this for ya

They need to know this. There is strong competitor out there and honestly, Iīm leaning more towards the other game at this pont, because:

1) they communicate with fans and update quite frequently.
2) They show a lot of interesting stuff (even if itīs not finished) that just proves they care about the details. While RCTW at this points feels like itīs not going to be very detailed, will have quite simple AI and will be probably lacking some content...
+1
This game is not a "AAA game".And as many fan, I believe in it no more, especially seen what the "competition" was able to already shown. For me, this game is a Sim City 2013 and the competition is City Skylines!

CycloneGU
11-29-2015, 03:43 PM
To all you peeps (yes, peeps) who are demanding media: what exactly do you want? All they can do is take a picture of another coaster amidst a flashy background and post it online for people to see. That's it. They already have even a trailer with this, and various pictures already. How many pictures of roller coasters are you demanding to see?

Granted, yes, they could take food stalls and such, too. But I'm going to be blunt here: at least Mattlab is communicating current progress. Sure, it might not be the kind of progress you're looking for (it's like commentating on a world championship chess game that is only five moves in after the first hour, constantly talking about theories and what the players are trying to do, on a pretty much per-game basis), but at least it's an update. Deal with it.

I'm still hopeful for more scenario and campaign building tools. Hopefully that comes. It will make the game worthwhile for me since that's where I'll be spending my time putting these remake scenarios together again. Heck, I even have already converted text versions of maps for Forest Frontiers, Dynamite Dunes, Evergreen Gardens, and Trinity Islands (my favourite of the four), and am currently doing Bumbly Beach (just started late last nite, still working on the hill at the back of the map behind the park) with folders already set aside for Leafy Lake (graphical map is created in full) and Diamond Heights (not yet put together fully, but screens of the path network have been taken). I plan to keep doing more, as well, though I need to eventually create a scenery placement map as well for each one (Dynamite Dunes should be easy compared to others, just a few cacti and such) before I get carried away setting up more text files for just maps. And I'm content creating these for now because they'll be a lot easier on my printer than trying to print a huge graphic on several pages for the entire map (plus colour ink would be used way too quickly). I'm just going to keep building stuff for release and wait for the next beta, and hopefully I can give the scenario tools a test; if not, I'll continue to wait.

0BobTheJanitor
11-29-2015, 05:54 PM
Speaking of this, has there even been a confirmed level-builder?

CycloneGU
11-29-2015, 06:53 PM

If there isn't, I have no reason to buy the game. So this is a very good point.

Marvin
11-29-2015, 08:08 PM

Nope. I wonder if this will be included; I kinda saw it as a guarantee. It was all I used.

CycloneGU
11-29-2015, 08:19 PM
Nope. I wonder if this will be included; I kinda saw it as a guarantee. It was all I used.
Same. I created 12 remade scenarios in that thing in RCT3, but barely touched the actual missions in the game. I really should go back and play those sometime since I bought the $9.99 version for DRM-free ability (or whatever it costs).

I PMed Mattlab to ask him to discuss the Scenario Editor in Blog #27, so we will see.

vapourmike
11-29-2015, 08:23 PM
This updates are just boring now, no real updates except a big of text, remove the flashy words and jargon and its basically 'nothing new, but working on it, nothing to show you, bye' .... RCTW really need to take a strong look at how PlanetCoaster are keeping up the news, consistent updates, plenty of media, information, real gritty details, thoughts etc, hype is so high on that game and RCTW is just sinking like a lead weight in a deep pond.

And it pains me a lot to say that, an aweful lot. I even pre-ordered RCTW but have opted for a refund until I've actually seen something, heck, I even defended RCTW against the enslaught of negativity around the coaster builder, but its been so poorly handled from a marketing perspective I just can't have my money tied up in something I have no details or info on.

Just saying

Smarf
11-29-2015, 10:17 PM
This updates are just boring now, no real updates except a big of text, remove the flashy words and jargon and its basically 'nothing new, but working on it, nothing to show you, bye' .... RCTW really need to take a strong look at how PlanetCoaster are keeping up the news, consistent updates, plenty of media, information, real gritty details, thoughts etc, hype is so high on that game and RCTW is just sinking like a lead weight in a deep pond.

And it pains me a lot to say that, an aweful lot. I even pre-ordered RCTW but have opted for a refund until I've actually seen something, heck, I even defended RCTW against the enslaught of negativity around the coaster builder, but its been so poorly handled from a marketing perspective I just can't have my money tied up in something I have no details or info on.

Just saying

Maybe "nothing new" is the truth? If they say nothing people are going to complain even more. Just be patient and thankful that they are fixing that mess we tested.

CycloneGU
11-29-2015, 11:42 PM
Maybe "nothing new" is the truth? If they say nothing people are going to complain even more. Just be patient and thankful that they are fixing that mess we tested.

This. "Nothing new" in this case means they haven't had the chance to do anything new yet. Literally. Remember the game was supposed to be out in 11 days? It isn't. They're fixing the coaster builder that some fine people reported on to make it better. Like I said, do you want them to build coasters with the fixed mechanics and post them? They can't yet, they are still working on the mechanics. There's nothing flashy with mechanics. Let them finish that, then show us stuff they build with the mechanics. Beta testers hopefully will have permission to share media that they can in turn use. And if the scenario or campaign editor exists, I hope to death that it's in the next beta build and I'll be on the pre-order train for it; otherwise, I'm waiting until January because finances are tight until Christmas. I'm only going to pre-order sooner if the scenario editor is in the testing build so I can test it, but otherwise there's nothing for me to really test.

spritefan10
11-30-2015, 09:33 AM
This. "Nothing new" in this case means they haven't had the chance to do anything new yet. Literally. Remember the game was supposed to be out in 11 days? It isn't. They're fixing the coaster builder that some fine people reported on to make it better. Like I said, do you want them to build coasters with the fixed mechanics and post them? They can't yet, they are still working on the mechanics. There's nothing flashy with mechanics. Let them finish that, then show us stuff they build with the mechanics. Beta testers hopefully will have permission to share media that they can in turn use. And if the scenario or campaign editor exists, I hope to death that it's in the next beta build and I'll be on the pre-order train for it; otherwise, I'm waiting until January because finances are tight until Christmas. I'm only going to pre-order sooner if the scenario editor is in the testing build so I can test it, but otherwise there's nothing for me to really test.

A whole week of progress is a lot of time, you'd expect something new to be established after that long. If they aren't saying anything new every 7 days, that must mean no progress has been made and those 7 days have been procrastinated.

CycloneGU
11-30-2015, 11:37 AM
A whole week of progress is a lot of time, you'd expect something new to be established after that long. If they aren't saying anything new every 7 days, that must mean no progress has been made and those 7 days have been procrastinated.

You've never actually worked on coding a video game before, have you?

MR.sugar
11-30-2015, 01:12 PM

In the mean time, they can introduce the management aspect of the game at least. We didnīt ask to show these fixes specificaly. It is alarming that I know much more about the other game (that bscly kickstarted their PR recently) than we have got to know about RCTW for the entire year...

Big_Boy
11-30-2015, 03:39 PM
Tomorrow the month of December starts, soon they have give some info on next beta, or things that are inplented. Just give it some time ... Offcourse a good look blog whit a lot of new detail is fun, but i would rather love to see the game then just text and screenshots to watch.

MR.sugar
11-30-2015, 04:03 PM
Tomorrow the month of December starts, soon they have give some info on next beta, or things that are inplented. Just give it some time ... Offcourse a good look blog whit a lot of new detail is fun, but i would rather love to see the game then just text and screenshots to watch.

Yea, I would like to see the game too, before I buy it...

spritefan10
11-30-2015, 04:29 PM
You've never actually worked on coding a video game before, have you?

I'm in college for software development, I've programmed many things, including games. I know exactly how hard it is. I know how much progress is made in a week for an average video game company.

Big_Boy
11-30-2015, 05:22 PM
I already have buyed it so, what i played so far was wonderfull ... if the bug's are all solved i'm sure it wil be perfect.

Also buyed Planet Coaster, Parkitect wonder full year for me :D.

RCTW1
11-30-2015, 10:06 PM
Any new updates about the Six Flags integration? That still has a lot of my interest.

CycloneGU
11-30-2015, 11:05 PM
Any new updates about the Six Flags integration? That still has a lot of my interest.
At the very least, we can do remakes of the Six Flags parks in RCT2 in the remakes project. Since we can add any missing objects on the map, we can add said objects and use them as scenery if someone goes about doing that.

Of course, this assumes we're getting a scenario editor. Which I still want a confirmation on, though I had presumed that was a given to start with.

magicart87
12-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Of course, this assumes we're getting a scenario editor. Which I still want a confirmation on, though I had presumed that was a given to start with.

I'd like an answer on this as well. In fact I asked this before;TWICE! Both times I was met with silence which is OK, I guess. Atari's busy. But it would be nice to know. Making my own scenarios was a big draw for me. Both to challenge myself to see if I could best my own scenario and to share it with others. With the "multiplayer" concept being scrubbed out of existence or rather placed on the back burner; I can only hope that a Scenario Editor is still in the works. It might be delayed in unison with Multiplayer because both game-play concepts can potentially work off each other. I don't know and I'd rather not speculate. I can only hope we get a Scenario Editor. It was great fun designing custom scenarios to share and exchange with the community back in the old days. It would be fun to recreate the classic scenarios again!

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

CycloneGU
12-01-2015, 05:15 PM
The thing that bothers me the most about this is that some RCT1 scenarios use the panda, and the panda is only being given to pre-orders. We need the answer to this BEFORE the pre-order period closes (which is probably in a couple of months now, but meh) and the game is out. Otherwise, I will be unable to use the panda where needed in certain parks that have it at the start of the scenario because I really will not be pre-ordering the game without the scenario editor. That is the item I can help most in testing. I'm sure someone will eventually find the files for the panda and other bonuses and share them for people to add after the fact, anyway (since the games already have to support them in parks that are created using them, and people playing them thus have access in those parks), but I don't want to go to that trouble.

Regarding multiplayer and the scenario editor being tied together, I am not sure. I'd think that if you can multiplayer in the main game, you'd be able to work on a scenario together, as well, even adding a password so only those who you want on it can access it. After all, that access would be through Steam, and I decided, if I get RCTW, that's going to be the main reason to have a Steam account, and not really anything else. If multiplayer is missing for now (I have not been following that), then it will be missing from the editor anyway. I don't see how they are tied together.

JoëlNL
12-02-2015, 06:00 PM
Dear Mattlab, thank you for keeping us up to date. We appreciate the hard work you and the Nvizzio team are doing for us! :D
I'm looking forward to continue my Tycoon-ship with RollerCoaster Tycoon World.

OTR24
12-03-2015, 02:32 AM
Hopefully there will be a new blog posted soon.

Big_Boy
12-03-2015, 11:41 AM
:), i hope too soon :D. can't wait to see the good progress :D

msam828
12-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Ive been tracking this game and forums since they announced the coming of a new one since 2006. (i know about the app game but im a old school PC tycoon fan. the game play is so much better) But im alittle down i waited all year to find the release date and first it was early 2015, then it went to Q4 then i read on the website it was coming 12/10/15 so i wrote it on my calender ive been so excited to come online and see the release date is now early 2016.. I know you guys are just trying to get the game as best as it could be but i haven't heard much about the release date and why it seems to be pushed back, i guess im just a little down about it because i have anticipated the release of this game and when i try to look up why there have been so many estimates with the release date i cant find any info on why or etc. I'm still uber excited and cant wait for the release i just hope all this waiting is sure worth it!

Big_Boy
12-03-2015, 05:20 PM
it will be a verry good game, and worth the wait :).

i'm curious to know the next weekend to retest the game :) and see the improvements.

CycloneGU
12-03-2015, 07:31 PM
Ive been tracking this game and forums since they announced the coming of a new one since 2006. (i know about the app game but im a old school PC tycoon fan. the game play is so much better) But im alittle down i waited all year to find the release date and first it was early 2015, then it went to Q4 then i read on the website it was coming 12/10/15 so i wrote it on my calender ive been so excited to come online and see the release date is now early 2016.. I know you guys are just trying to get the game as best as it could be but i haven't heard much about the release date and why it seems to be pushed back, i guess im just a little down about it because i have anticipated the release of this game and when i try to look up why there have been so many estimates with the release date i cant find any info on why or etc. I'm still uber excited and cant wait for the release i just hope all this waiting is sure worth it!

The reason it was pushed back was after lots of feedback from the people who tested the game and the new coaster editor specifically. If that feedback was not given, then yes, we'd have the game coming out in a week, but it would not have the new improvements they are in the process of making to make it that much better. Want the game at its best? Wait. It doesn't hurt to spend more time working on the game. They might even be able to add other features that were not initially planned during the extra waiting time, and you can always pre-order and jump on the next beta bandwagon so you get a chance to try it out prior to release (note it's locked up after the beta period ends).

Fleshling
12-07-2015, 11:34 AM
it will be a verry good game, and worth the wait :).

i'm curious to know the next weekend to retest the game :) and see the improvements.

Are you sure it will be good? For me, the real draw of the previous games was the park management aspect. Playing through extensive single player challenges and completing them was the most fun part of the game. I rarely, if ever, used the rollercoaster creation tools in the previous games and that is all we have been able to test so far.

Saysonrmx
12-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the Update. :D
by the way, will RCTW have Graphic options just like in RCT3? if so that would be great because my graphics can't handle the next gen graphics. and many others might not too, but i can still kind-of play the game :) (played game on beta weekend 1) its just a bit slow. if that gets added to the game please let me know. thanks.

CycloneGU
12-07-2015, 03:14 PM
Getting a bit anxious for the next update now. Hoping Mattlab has news about the scenario editor.

JoëlNL
12-08-2015, 06:05 AM
Yeah, waiting for a new update with the date of the next beta. I would like to start building theme parks with RCTW. I'm curious about what Nvizzio has done to improve the grid, building fences and aligning and such and the upgraded coaster builder. Keep up the good work Nvizzio! :)

Big_Boy
12-08-2015, 06:34 AM
Yeah, waiting for a new update with the date of the next beta. I would like to start building theme parks with RCTW. I'm curious about what Nvizzio has done to improve the grid, building fences and aligning and such and the upgraded coaster builder. Keep up the good work Nvizzio! :)

I hope we have news verry soon :). Atleast i have a busy weekend i'm going to change my Reef Tank :)

shirty
12-08-2015, 12:52 PM
will RCTW have Graphic options just like in RCT3?

Its already confirmed somewhere in this forum that there will be options and they will be available on the next preview. I think beta 1 was set in a med-high level as it had things like bloom, godrays and AA but very limited reflections. Hard to know how much it can be scaled but there will definitely be quality scaling.

Joe Android
12-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Its already confirmed somewhere in this forum that there will be options and they will be available on the next preview. I think beta 1 was set in a med-high level as it had things like bloom, godrays and AA but very limited reflections. Hard to know how much it can be scaled but there will definitely be quality scaling.

It was confirmed that the Beta 1 was with the graphics to a minimum for everyone, so, as is logical, when we have the final game we will be able to change the graphics options to make the game look much better.

shirty
12-08-2015, 01:02 PM
no way it was on minimum, or it wouldnt have had bloom, AA and godrays all of which are listed in the cfg, also I think the textures could both be better and worse, they looked medium to me. deffo wasn't on the minimum settings and I not have seen that it was anywhere official

Joe Android
12-08-2015, 01:13 PM
no way it was on minimum, or it wouldnt have had bloom, AA and godrays all of which are listed in the cfg, also I think the textures could both be better and worse, they looked medium to me. deffo wasn't on the minimum settings and I not have seen that it was anywhere official

Some time ago, someone, which I can not remember who is, posted the graphics options of the Beta 1 and we saw that most were on minimum or disabled.

Beta was in minimum for the simple reason that it was playable as possible for those that haven't powerful computers.

The game had textures to a minimum, for that the textures of the rails, for example, were horrible.

shirty
12-08-2015, 01:22 PM
They were indeed flagged as disabled in the cfg but they were clearly on. Check any footage of the game, bloom godrays and AA were all on.
The options for these settings were just not coded up to read from the cfg in the beta and were hardcoded elsewhere.
I tried altering values in the cfg and it had zero effect in game. I expect those values will become the options but in the beta they were simply a useless list with no relevance
The rails were indeed ugly but many other textures were far from what i expect to see as low quality

Big_Boy
12-08-2015, 01:57 PM
Some time ago, someone, which I can not remember who is, posted the graphics options of the Beta 1 and we saw that most were on minimum or disabled.

Beta was in minimum for the simple reason that it was playable as possible for those that haven't powerful computers.

The game had textures to a minimum, for that the textures of the rails, for example, were horrible.

I did post that, it was all on a minum so, can't be only get better !

Joe Android
12-08-2015, 02:02 PM
I did post that, it was all on a minum so, can't be only get better !

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me!

Many things were of low quality, such as rails, trees, fountains, etc ... for that reason is easy to find out that the game was with most of its graphics options to a minimum.

shirty
12-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Well if you say so... i saw evidence that it could be lower as i have stated the "disabled" effects were actually enabled but if you think that it was already all disabled then that's your opinion.
I just looked at the evidence and saw that there was options for scaling in both directions. The poster i responded to wanted to know if there was going to be options for lower quality as it didn't run too well on their system.
I am of the opinion that there will be lower options, such as disabling the effects that were evidently on despite what the cfg said.
As for texture quality that's all pure guess work, only the devs know whether those were of low/med/high quality or a mixture of the 3 or even just a placeholder that wont even make it into the final game on any quality setting.
Your quality speculation is just random guess work based off a config file that wasn't even being used.
My comment was a very informed guess that the effects listed in the cfg that were forced on in the beta will be optioned to turn off in next preview therefore it was not on minimum and they should be able to squeeze out more fps with those options actually disabled.