PDA

View Full Version : RCTW - Blog #23 - RollerCoaster Tycoon World Releasing in Early 2016

Mattlab
11-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Our first Beta Weekend is now over and we want to sincerely thank you for ALL the feedback you’ve provided. A preview like this is an opportunity to showcase one main feature, in this case the coaster builder, and gather feedback. It is a way to test game elements and get some portions of the game in your hands, but this also means that the game you preview is neither complete nor final and should not be treated as such. Going forward, we will make sure to label what is and is not final during our previews in order to properly set expectations.

Additionally, what we showed during our Beta was a small portion of the content available in the finished game. Many core features were deliberately not included, giving us extra time to continue tweaking and polishing them. There is much, much more to RCTW – peeps, rides, simulation, campaign, economy, UGC, – than what you got to play in our first Beta. It’s heartening that even with this small slice of the RCTW experience, you were able to give us such tremendous and useful feedback.

As we had hoped, you’ve filled our forums with your thoughts, told us what you wanted this game to be and of course, filed a number of bugs. It shows your dedication and passion to the franchise, and your desire to have an impact on the development of the game and see your feedback implemented. It also got us thinking about all the other ways we could push the franchise forward with some additional time.

Many of you loved the game, some found certain aspects frustrating, and you all had tons of thoughtful suggestions for improvements. Based on your feedback and our own internal processes, here is a short list of features that will significantly improve the final product: easier “predefined piece” coaster building, additional coaster test feedback, a robust fencing tool, improved on-demand grid, and various smaller improvements.

To accommodate these improvements, and ensure that RollerCoaster Tycoon World will be the best, most innovative RCT experience to date, we will launch the game in early 2016. The new launch date will be communicated after the second preview.

Our highest priority has always been to release a game that we’re proud of, one that lives up to the lofty standards set by the previous titles. With this new timing we will be able to do just that – deliver a robust tycoon experience along with additional layers of polishing and tweaks that the extra time affords us.

So now, here is more detail on what improvements and additional features will be implemented within our adjusted timeline:

Additional Coaster Builder Functionality, using predefined lines and curves: As you know, the game offers a 3D spline-based coaster editor, giving you full flexibility to create never-before-possible track designs. As seen by the entries to our Alienware contest (http://bit.ly/RCTWContest) many of you were able to create some truly breathtaking rides. At the same time, it’s clear from our review of the Beta that some of you also desire the ability to build tracks with predefined lines and curves. Thus, we are adding that functionality to the coaster system to give you both options. It’s truly the best of both worlds.
Improved Coaster Test Mode Feedback: A pillar of the franchise is the ability to test coasters and then adjust them to provide a more exciting, safer, or in some cases even more nauseating experience. Our Beta test revealed that not everyone had the information they needed to effectively accomplish this. We have now designed an incredible system to provide detailed superimposed heatmaps right onto your coasters following tests. Also – we know that coasters fly off the tracks too often. An update is in the works!
Fence Tool: People are very passionate about their fences. So are we. Our fencing tool will be improved, allowing you to place fences more quickly, and align them exactly how you want.
On-Demand Grid: A number of you used the on-demand grid provided in the Beta but found it still too limiting. We have a number of designs for how we can make our grid system bigger and better.

We’ve learned a lot from the Beta and obviously have a number of bugs, memory leaks, polish items, and optimizations we want to do to make the game run smooth as butter.

There are also a number of other suggestions we’ve received from you that we are looking at implementing as well (such as improving path placement). That said our list above addresses the key items.

Speaking of tests; the change in timeline means that our next public play test will be moved as well. We are now targeting a second preview weekend for December. Our focus remains on the coaster builder with the additional tweaks and functionalities described above, along with a few other features. We want to ensure we get this right and we need your feedback.

Until our next test, the work continues, and we will keep you all updated with additional Twitch streams, production blogs and more in the coming weeks. We want to share renderings of some of these improvements as soon as we have them so that we can get feedback early. Please remember to continue participating on our forums and streams! Your voice is being heard and we are adapting to it!

Long before we started working on RollerCoaster Tycoon World, we knew it would be a massive undertaking. Not only did we want to remove the grid and overhaul the coaster builder, we also needed to create next-generation graphics, bring the entire franchise into the future, and create a title worthy of the RollerCoaster Tycoon legacy. We now have a clear path ahead of us, and with your instrumental feedback, we will be able to make RCTW the great game it is destined to be.

Sincerely,
Atari and Nvizzio
Team RCTW

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/RCTW-Jungle-Park.png (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/RCTW-Jungle-Park.png)

The original blog post can be found on our website HERE. (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-23-rollercoaster-tycoon-world-releasing-in-early-2016/)

DanPlayer01
11-12-2015, 07:53 PM
This is absolutely amazing news. I can wait for it to release and for the new features to be introduced, I think it is necessary for the game to be delayed in order to make it the best Roller Coaster Tycoon ever.

RCTW1
11-12-2015, 07:57 PM
I say YAY for the dalay. Thank You. :D

Big_Boy
11-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Well, thanks for the news. I hope the extra time will get us idd the best game ever. So second Beta will be Coaster & some extra stuff ? I hope you do 2 weekends on it then just to get it a bit more tested ofc.

The only concern about the delay i have is that people are going to think they gonne get more in the game now. They gonne expect extra time means mor ingame stuff like "water rides, tunnels, ..." if that isn't true, we are going to the same point we are now, canceling "pre-orders, complaining, ..." let us hope my concerns don't come out ...

bigdrip681
11-12-2015, 07:59 PM
I think this an excellent decision! Definitely needed a bit more time in the oven. :) Keep up the awesome work guys!

Sylvester
11-12-2015, 08:01 PM
I also thoroughly agree with the delay, and hope that it allows enough time to strengthen the final outcome.

Marvin
11-12-2015, 08:01 PM
This was the best decision.

SteamLoco87
11-12-2015, 08:03 PM
I know I should be happy, but at the same time I'm deeply depressed. :-(

Marvin
11-12-2015, 08:06 PM
One thing though... why is the beta weekend being moved? Why can't there just be a third beta test in December?

MichaelA
Perfect! I think the whole community just let out a sigh of relief. Everybody certainly agrees that this game will be AMAZING if left to bake a little longer.

Sandsh8rk
Why am I not surprised? :P

Joe Android
11-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Honestly, this is the best blog I've seen RCTW. :)

Thanks for the news, Mattlab, a delay was what needed this game, and thanks for the new improvements, is what I wanted to hear from the team.

Ahead!

dany191s
11-12-2015, 08:12 PM
great news! thanks mattlab ! but please be sure to rework path system and scenery placement, in the beta they were both too limitating !!

Mattlab
11-12-2015, 08:14 PM
great news! thanks mattlab ! but please be sure to rework path system and scenery placement, in the beta they were both too limitating !!

On the list!

B3DDO3
11-12-2015, 08:16 PM
I'm not in the slightest impressed, this game must and should have already been made early access, what story is there to ruin? Look at other games similar to RCTW and free building games. They have benefitted massively from early access taking the communities feedback and making improvements as they go. Mattlab I mean no offence but this game has been delayed many times now and off your team goes working very hard in the wrong direction then you show us what you've done and there are complaints and we go round and round.

I am going to have to cancel my preorder because I don't understand where this game is going. What if the next beta comes out (later now which again is pointless) and we all hate it again, are you going to return to your shell and delay and try again. Please I am not trying to rant I am just trying to plea with you, you've tried getting it right on your own and have failed. Please please please do early access so we can help you out, we are the people who are purchasing it and want you to get it right after all.

S1m0nde
11-12-2015, 08:16 PM
I guess that is a good descision. I hope for some more beta times to make the waiting time shorter.

I really hope the Communications weil ne improved aswell. A Blog doesn't have to be big news always. Just let us have part on the process even if it is only some information about how things are going. Short interviews with the developers about what they love most, pictures, maybe funny things that happen in the process. Maybe a bigger update all 3 weeks and 2 smaller insights every week between those. It will help many people to feel valued. Everybody know when to expect updates. Helps a lot!

VACkillers
11-12-2015, 08:19 PM
Lol the delay was so predictable but sorely needed. Said the game wouldn't meet a 2015 release date all the way back in August. I think the game will be hugely better off for it. To be honest I always thought you were rushing it and leaving it middle of December was really never a realistic launch in the games current state. It needs several more months of work.

Thanks for the blog though.

dany191s
11-12-2015, 08:19 PM
On the list!

thanks a lot !! this game will be awesome !! just one last thing can we have a custum color spectrum\palette to recolor track, train and all the assets of the game ?

darkhorizon
11-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Very relieved to see the game is being delayed - I think this will be best for RCTW in the long run.

robinhsluis
11-12-2015, 08:21 PM
I can wait. I've just watched the Nintendo Direct and some other games i wanna play too are coming first which gives me enough time to kill the wait for RCTW.
I'm glad they've realised they need more time and not rush the project to a release. I'm just waiting patiently...

Devant
11-12-2015, 08:22 PM
This is a good example of hearing what community said (silly complains of BETA 1 being incomplete aside). Well done!

ddrplaya4638
11-12-2015, 08:23 PM
On the list!

Mattlab, Have you all thought about just waiting till you are done with Water rides/ Dark rides/ Piece by piece building/ transport rides/ tunnels/ etc. to release the game? Having the full package all at once would be incredible!

Fantastic Blog, I whole heartedly accept the delay, take as much time as needed!

dwwilkin
11-12-2015, 08:24 PM
Delaying is a very good idea

Tricky
11-12-2015, 08:25 PM
I do miss stuff about the stations (customization of length, entrance, exit, building, multiple cars in 1 station etc) and if we are able to build on higher ground. Haven't seen that yet. Still a nice blog. Glad you're taking more time for the game.

OTR24
11-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the update!

dany191s
11-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Mattlab, Have you all thought about just waiting till you are done with Water rides/ Dark rides/ Piece by piece building/ transport rides/ tunnels/ etc. to release the game? Having the full package all at once would be incredible!

Fantastic Blog, I whole heartedly accept the delay, take as much time as needed!

same question for me ! it would be awesome to have all this in game at launch !

jrud05
I'm not in the slightest impressed, this game must and should have already been made early access, what story is there to ruin? Look at other games similar to RCTW and free building games. They have benefitted massively from early access taking the communities feedback and making improvements as they go. Mattlab I mean no offence but this game has been delayed many times now and off your team goes working very hard in the wrong direction then you show us what you've done and there are complaints and we go round and round.

I am going to have to cancel my preorder because I don't understand where this game is going. What if the next beta comes out (later now which again is pointless) and we all hate it again, are you going to return to your shell and delay and try again. Please I am not trying to rant I am just trying to plea with you, you've tried getting it right on your own and have failed. Please please please do early access so we can help you out, we are the people who are purchasing it and want you to get it right after all.

I agree that Early Access could benefit the game. I mean we've already paid for it, so might as well let us play along as you're improving it to provide feedback.
You could let us pay you a bit more to have this early access which would help fund your delay in release.

Thank you for giving us an update though, Mattlab!

Fuzzfinger
Thanks for the update Mattlab. I already contacted Atari and had my pre-order refunded (thanks for the quick response to that) but I am still watching the development of this game and will be happy to purchase again if we finally get a decent finished product.

I agree with ddrplaya4638, you need to get water rides and dark rides in to the launch product, as far as water rides go there has never been a RCT game launch without them... they're kind of expected from the get go tbf.

It's great to hear you will be adding a piece by piece track building system to the coaster editor, but if I am not mistaken is that only bandaging the symptoms as opposed to fixing them completely? The actual problem is that the new spline based coaster editor is much to frustrating and clunky to use, yet your new production blog does not address if that system itself will be fixed. Will it?

Thanks again for your time, and will look forward to what comes next.

Fuzz.

BernyMoon
11-12-2015, 08:30 PM
Please improve the performance. I saw people saying it used 16gb of Ram lol

spritefan10
11-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Still can't believe they won't let us continue beta testing this as an early access instead of restricting game play time to one or two more weekends between release. If you are going to delay the game further, let us enjoy the game in the mean time, not just force us to sit here and wait.

Narrox
11-12-2015, 08:34 PM
@Mattlab: While I understand delaying the game I too don't understand why you won't go early-access!

As you say yourself, you wan't to make it your best RollerCoaster game ever, that can only be achieved through constant communication with the community!

Personally I fear that early 2016 means I've started working... (I know you couldn't care less about me)
I purchased the game (even the deluxe version), shortly before the first beta and with release set at December 10, I was sure it wouldn't be delayed!

I had high expectations to play through the game during December and January, and it annoys me a lot you now delay the game, especially since we were given the full key already and not just beta keys, so I can't cancel my pre-order! (I was wondering whom at Atari I should contact for my money back?)

Honestly, I do not wan't my money back, even though I only managed to clock around 4 hours in-game due to my activity on the forum, I had lots of fun simply building coasters...

You should be able to release at least sandbox mode as early-access at December 10. Having players from the community, willing to play early, help you with designing and fixing the issues, assures that the final release will be as good as possible... It doesn't matter if you spend 2-4 months fixing stuff the way you think it should be done, only to see the community hate it again when finally released!

Whenever you've fixed/implemented features you believe we would like, you could simply roll out the updates and get feedback withing hours...

MichaelA
11-12-2015, 08:37 PM
If you are going to delay the game further, let us enjoy the game in the mean time, not just force us to sit here and wait.

You sound very entitled. The game isn't done and it is their choice on what to do with future betas.
The problem with early access is it lessens the initial impact launch day has. There's significantly less hype, and we all know hype sells well.

RCTW1
11-12-2015, 08:41 PM
Nothing against any company, but this is why I don't do pre-orders. Things happen. I'm in no hurry.
It would have been nice if people did the beta properly, and reported the coaster bugs, but instead people complained about the game and give negative reviews as if the American was finished.

My only concern was that Atari wasn't sharing info on a better basis.

jrud05
11-12-2015, 08:43 PM
You sound very entitled. The game isn't done and it is their choice on what to do with future betas.
The problem with early access is it lessens the initial impact launch day has. There's significantly less hype, and we all know hype sells well.

I believe if Atari did Early Access the right way, to a limited number of users that it would actually help tremendously. As far as hype goes, if I personally were able to help mold a game into something truly amazing, I'd be hyping the hell out of it come launch day.

The bear
11-12-2015, 08:49 PM
The delay in the game is the definitely the right decision, you want to make a perfect game and the people want the perfect game to play! Please definitely put in edge scrolling and the right mouse button to be able to move to. The wasd and arrow keys were to much hassle. Other than that make us proud and your have our backing

joeybolufe
11-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Seriously this game should go into early access. Makes no sense to me why its not.

Future RCT
11-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Thank you Mattlab! Based on this blog post as well as they delay, I can see that this game is being taken seriously. :)

Narrox
11-12-2015, 08:51 PM

Considering that Steam already have mixed reviews, the only positive impact before release would be early-access... As I've just written, I'm even thinking about asking for my money back, since we don't know when early 2016 is, I may be doing lots of other stuff at that time!

The only way to truly gain hype is to allow the community to help build and perfect the game! Now remember, we're not talking about an indie developer, and I'll even accept sandbox, heck, I'll be happy even if all I could was to play with the coaster builder!

I'm seriously thinking about doing some nasty stuff to the beta, allowing me to keep playing it, but I'd rather want Atari to let us do that!

Airboss
11-12-2015, 08:52 PM
Ok, thats it. You guys have delayed it a YEAR! You said it would be released in early 2015, we have been waiting a YEAR!

demomode_br
11-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Ok, thats it. You guys have delayed it a YEAR! You said it would be released in early 2015, we have been waiting a YEAR!

Do you really want to play the crap beta 1 was? I don't.

SparkyUK
11-12-2015, 08:56 PM
we will launch the game in early 2016

This is good news - means you really want it to be a more polished release. I am still glad I pre-ordered so I can participate in the betas and hopefully continue to provide feedback to help shape the game. Glad it sounds like plenty of people have contributed to this, and I look forward to the next Beta. There's so much potential in the game it would have been a shame to rush towards Dec 10th just to hit a date.

Great update :)

SparkyUK
11-12-2015, 08:58 PM
Ok, in Blogpost #23, they said they were delaying the game. Till early 2016. Im just sayin, the original release date was early 2015. We have waited a year! Seriously??

Get over it. I know a ton of games this happens to. :rolleyes:
Would you not rather a game that is of a good standard/quality, than something released simply to hit a date?

4thImpulse
11-12-2015, 09:01 PM
Its great to hear you are really listening to the community and want to have a great game upon release. I look forward to future updates and betas!

lautpiano
11-12-2015, 09:02 PM
LOVE IT. you've shown beyond the shadow of a doubt that quality trumps all, no matter how dire your general situation. if you follow through with all the improvements holding out a few months extra is gonna be worth it. that's the way. i'm proud and will gladly wait however long it might take. and yes, maybe you will be able to incorporate those key missing features everybody sorely misses, we can only dream.

i must stress though that i, too, would like to see WEEKLY UPDATES for that will sweeten the wait tremendously! for the love of god, just throw us a cookie every now and then and it'll benefit everybody, including you guys!

dyoung1160
11-12-2015, 09:07 PM
I think its great news that the coaster builder will be tweaked. Please make a builder basically like RCT3 with the ability to go in and modify the curves etc. I think what we need is a cross between RCT3 and No Limits in order for this to be the best possible. I am not surprised to see the date get pushed back and wouldn't be surprised if that happens again, I dont even know when TPS will even be out of BETA. What I do wish is that like others have said, we need a full BETA time, not just a weekend. I hated to see that the 2nd beta weekend would be pushed. What I would like to see is Dec 12th a BETA release, because this is when the game was supposed to be released, why not just go ahead and release BETA with certain features disabled. And each week something new be enabled. The BETA could then run all the way until about 2 weeks prior to a final release, which should be determined toward the end of the year. In order for this game to be as great as it needs to be, I would think late February/early march would be a good final release date, this would give ample time for BETA testing as it should be... This is just my opinion though. Something should happen Dec 12th though since this date was already set for release...

Narrox
11-12-2015, 09:09 PM
Get over it. I know a ton of games this happens to. :rolleyes:
Would you not rather a game that is of a good standard/quality, than something released simply to hit a date?

It's called better estimation! In case that beta 2 is just as bad as beta 1, they should have delayed it months ago! The problem is we're too close to the release date for them to delay!

They should have tested the coaster builder with the community long ago, they must have believed we would love the builder, even though straight lines would be a challenge! Even in the Alienware Twitch feed did they say that the on-demand grid was a new feature needing polishing! If they knew that couldn't be fixed in time, they should have delayed before beta 1...

Now I don't mind the delay, and I understand why the box version should be delayed, but at this time, everything points towards the simply fact that they need the community's constant feedback to implement and finalize the game correctly!

Without the community as testers, the game would once again feature more bugs than fun!

I say early-access, since any release hype is long gone, and they have a community full of player that are more than willing to play and help even further... Sure I would love Water Rides at release, but does that mean early 2016, and what about Dark Rides, should we then go Mid 2016!

Why not early-access, play and help if you want, or wait until the features you want are ready and released! Steam reviews are already mixed, early access with updates as soon as they got them, would help bring the negative feedback back to positive!

spritefan10
11-12-2015, 09:11 PM
It's called better estimation! In case that beta 2 is just as bad as beta 1, they should have delayed it months ago! The problem is we're too close to the release date for them to delay!

They should have tested the coaster builder with the community long ago, they must have believed we would love the builder, even though straight lines would be a challenge! Even in the Alienware Twitch feed did they say that the on-demand grid was a new feature needing polishing! If they knew that couldn't be fixed in time, they should have delayed before beta 1...

Now I don't mind the delay, and I understand why the box version should be delayed, but at this time, everything points towards the simply fact that they need the community's constant feedback to implement and finalize the game correctly!

Without the community as testers, the game would once again feature more bugs than fun!

I say early-access, since any release hype is long gone, and they have a community full of player that are more than willing to play and help even further... Sure I would love Water Rides at release, but does that mean early 2016, and what about Dark Rides, should we then go Mid 2016!

Why not early-access, play and help if you want, or wait until the features you want are ready and released! Steam reviews are already mixed, early access with updates as soon as they got them, would help bring the negative feedback back to positive!

+SUPPORT

Thank you, this is exactly what is needed.

magicart87
11-12-2015, 09:12 PM

Switching developers based on community feedback will do that.

The community has influenced Atari's decision every step of the way. RCTW would have been a colossal disaster had we not intervened. I don't think anyone is disputing that. The community push back with requests for not only better visuals, but more features and better game play will do that. With those successive suggestions; Atari responded by giving us a new developer to rework the game. A set back that appears to be be working well, and working to making RCTW a worthy successor to the RCT franchise. They're doing there darnedest to get the game developed to our specifications. After Beta Weekend 1, it was clear the game still needed polishing. We've come a long way. It's been a YEAR, yes. But it's all been for the betterment of the game.

landmers
11-12-2015, 09:20 PM
As much as a delay stinks, in this case I - mirroring others in this post - am happy with it. It is quite obvious that a December release would have had a negative impact on the game and community.

dany191s
11-12-2015, 09:23 PM
mattlab, would it be possible to have a precise list of what will be added in the next beta ? it would avoid a debate on the forum, for example to know if there will be stairs or no, and so on !

Narrox
11-12-2015, 09:26 PM
And for those who fear early-access would stop the release day hype... Considering we only get access to the beta by pre-ordering, we've already made our sale!

The same would of cause apply to early-access! They could even call it a technical-preview and not early-access! This could help people understand that at this time, you should not expect a final build capable of playing, memory issues may still persist, stuff may break! Commonly, early-access games are expected playable, and I would understand and even expect that Atari and Nvizzio rather would spend time on features instead of wasting time assuring that all early-access releases would be playable on every machine out there!

They could even have you sign up at a page, agreeing to a TOU explaining that this technical-preview isn't the full game, but a way to play and report back what you believe needs fixing!

If you then decide to buy the game simply to play the technical-preview, you take the chance and hope the game will work for you, or that a later update will fix the game! You should in no way expect the game to work!

Throughout this beta, it seems many expected it to be like the full version! In some way like a demo! But we were not demoing the coaster builder, we were beta testing the coaster builder!

Narrox
11-12-2015, 09:37 PM
Switching developers based on community feedback will do that.

The community has influenced Atari's decision every step of the way. RCTW would have been a colossal disaster had we not intervened. I don't think anyone is disputing that. The community push back with requests for not only better visuals, but more features and better game play will do that. With those successive suggestions; Atari responded by giving us a new developer to rework the game. A set back that appears to be be working well, and working to making RCTW a worthy successor to the RCT franchise. They're doing there darnedest to get the game developed to our specifications. After Beta Weekend 1, it was clear the game still needed polishing. We've come a long way. It's been a YEAR, yes. But it's all been for the betterment of the game.

I still feel like hey need to go early-access at the original release date! Maybe do it in a technical-preview way, assuring people won't mistake it for a fully working game! To gain access they could even have you register and agree to a TOU describing it's not the full game!

I understand that early-access everyone who pre-ordered just get, may make some believe that what they see is what they get! But by strictly making it a register to get, technical-preview! Those of us, who wants to help make the game amazing, can test out features, and those of us, who believe the game already have a lot fun features, could play whatever campaign they already have, or even just sandbox!

As you say yourself, the community have been pushing Atari to make the best RCT ever, and since Atari wants that too, they've listened!
With what they have now, I just feel like they need to let us play, and have first-hand experience with how their updates to our feedback feels! Without the ability to report back on how the community feels about their updates, we might just end up in early 2016, still not satisfied with the game!

farmington
11-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Dang, I think this was planned all along. I can see early 2016 becoming mid 2016 becoming early mid 2017. Its like being stuck in video game purgatory for eternity.

B3DDO3
11-12-2015, 09:49 PM
One last thing I am worried about, early 2016 game release, does that meant the same as early week blog? haha November 2016 anyone :)

Marvin
11-12-2015, 09:58 PM
I'm guessing the game will be out around April or May.

dany191s
11-12-2015, 09:59 PM
One last thing I am worried about, early 2016 game release, does that meant the same as early week blog? haha November 2016 anyone :)

and why not ? if it allows to have all of ours ever whished features in the game ! patience is the key !! it doesn't bother me to wait for the game of ours dreams !

wdfan
11-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Personally I am happy for the game to be delayed. In the long run in it better for us players as we will have a more polished game, and is better for Atari as the reviews will be better leading to more sales.

In the meantime, weekly updates, no matter how small, will keep us placated.

candidshadow
11-12-2015, 10:05 PM
Way to go! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear, and now I'm sure my decision to keep my preorer nice and safe on my steam account was a good one.

This reaction is what the community wants to see, and what the game deserves. Can't wait for Early 2016 now! ;)

Marvin, my guess is simply that there isn't much point in another beta so soon, before they've actually implemented some of these core changes. I tend to agree.

veggiet
11-12-2015, 10:08 PM
One thing though... why is the beta weekend being moved? Why can't there just be a third beta test in December?

From the wording in the post my guess is that the biggest reason why the date has been pushed back is because of the roller coaster designer overhaul, it's not just that they're adding the piece-by-piece system, but other additions as well. And they want to specifically focus the next test on the coaster designer and so they pushed back the beta until that particular change is made.

Possibly also leary about unveiling flat rides with the amount of bugs in the first beta

snowyday
11-12-2015, 10:13 PM
Awesome RollerCoaster Tycoon World is delayed to next year thanks Atari and that youtuber was right saying it will be delayed I haven't played the game yet because had no internet when the this beta came and your moving the second beta to December hope it's before Christmas or I can't play it

The Stig
11-12-2015, 10:18 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4zc1fMLux1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Good move, team.

CJC23
11-12-2015, 10:33 PM
I'm also glad it has been pushed back. This game has great potential but just needs more polishing and features as stated earlier. I'm in favor of early access as well as I believe the community could greatly help this game go in the right direction. Kudos for delaying the game....Look forward to what's to come!

Kranky
11-12-2015, 10:47 PM
THE BEST BLOG POST WE COULD HAVE ASKED FOR. Wonderfully written Mattlab!

I truly believe Nvizzio is the best team for the job. Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to play the new beta in December!

sbeamers
11-12-2015, 10:54 PM
"Your voice is being heard and we are adapting to it!"
This says a lot considering that the forums were filled with brutal comments. Good job!

Personally, I loved it. When I made the jump from RCT2 to RCT3 it was hard. You get accustomed to the old play style and it makes it hard to see how powerful the new features are. I was able to make my own loops, twists, curves like never before...definitely a change to the way we build RCT3 but I'm up for it. Thanks for the effort! Looking forward to the next beta.

JCat_NYC
11-12-2015, 10:55 PM
First, I'm super glad it's being pushed to 2016 as it wasn't fully baked, however, knew this was going to be the case even before the beta. Would have been cool to have early access instead of paid betas, so we could have been part of the progress, but that's life. Back to the other four coaster programs ... :cool:

Helena
11-12-2015, 10:56 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4zc1fMLux1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Good move, team.

Exactly! I think the delay confirm is the reason of why the blog post took a while to get posted. Mattlab had to do his "convincing" of the people with money to delay, and he managed to do so. And this post got to posted. Better than early post and say "it will still be released in december".

I applaud to your decision and I feel optimism again. Maybe we will get a great game after all! yay!

farmington
11-12-2015, 11:11 PM
This is hilarious, people are applauding another delay even after they sold prerelease for december 10th and already delaying for almost a year? Its like a bad dream where you can never get where your going. If we're lucky we may get this game before we die.

osiris080
11-12-2015, 11:20 PM
Part of me thinks early access would be great especially if they were able to get a basic custom user content going... that way the people that like to build custom content would have something to work on AND help the developers see the things that people want. Maybe they could even include it into the base game.

SparkyUK
11-12-2015, 11:24 PM
This is hilarious, people are applauding another delay even after they sold prerelease for december 10th and already delaying for almost a year? Its like a bad dream where you can never get where your going. If we're lucky we may get this game before we die.

14 posts in and already with attitude.
Many of us have spent a lot of time giving feedback and helping shape this game, so the reason so many are happy at the announcement is that it means the game won't be released before it is ready. You've obviously never waited for some other large titles. Games are often later than initially stated.

It's been a long time since this franchise was updated, let's get it right before they release anything else.

MichaelA
11-12-2015, 11:30 PM
What do you want us to do? Do you want us to support a half-done, rushed release of an incomplete game and the everyday consecutive patches that will follow? Or do you want us to yell at Atari and Nvizzio for taking the time and money to make the game better? Delaying this game is the best thing for the series given the situations.

RCTW1
11-12-2015, 11:30 PM
It's as much importance for Atari and Nvizzio to get as much right for release, because it could be a make or break it for them. Many of us waited over 10 years, a few more months won't kill us. There's more pressing issues in the world, than to get anxious for a game.

Narrox
11-12-2015, 11:51 PM
It's as much importance for Atari and Nvizzio to get as much right for release, because it could be a make or break it for them. Many of us waited over 10 years, a few more months won't kill us. There's more pressing issues in the world, than to get anxious for a game.

As I've said before, I don't want to cancel my pre-order, or ask for my money back! I did wait 10 years, but right now my life is at a stage where gaming is far from 1st priority... Seeing it was set to release December 10, I decided to pre-order the deluxe edition (I really want to support the development) to get beta access. However we weren't given beta keys, but rather final keys, meaning that my supplier finalized the order, got their money and gave me the key! Now they delay the game to early 2016. and I have no pre-order to cancel!

I still want to play the game when released, but I might not have time early 2016, so why spend all the money now! I expected to play through the game as much as possible during December and January so I'd have a late-game to play with, whenever time should allow it!

Considering they listen to the community, and the community wants to help create the most amazing RCT ever, some sort of early-access seems needed! Maybe it's because I'm a developer, but I usually have more fun modding and testing games than actually playing them, so for me, early-access or some sort of technical-preview, would be quite nice!

It would give the community a better way to report feedback to all these new features and fixes they'll try to implement, and for those who believe they could have fun with the game as is, could be free to play the game they ordered!

darkhorizon
11-13-2015, 12:22 AM
It would have been nice if people did the beta properly, and reported the coaster bugs, but instead people complained about the game and give negative reviews as if the American was finished.

Uhh - had it not been for the negative reviews and threads begging for a delay I can almost promise you it would never have been delayed. If they would have done it on their own merit it would have been delayed a long time ago, or a release date would have never been announced to begin with. They know where they are development-wise, way more than we do. The fact that the a good portion of the community identified the game wouldn't make it to the Dec. 10th deadline by just testing ONE feature (coaster editor), and then Atari agreed that the game should be delayed, paints the whole picture.

Nevertheless, good decision on their part.

DonSPa
11-13-2015, 01:43 AM
and i doubt back then they were not expecting to end up with 3 developers either,i kinda hate not having the game on time either but yet with the works i have seen nvizzio doing I think the extra time for them as well will do nothing but be better for us as a whole.Even though Im lil sad its delayed Im also thrilled.If the game isnt as polished as they had hoped and released it,then it could have been devestating at least we know that they want to give us the best that they can offer and like seeing that from them,if they didnt care about the fans they would release it regardless if its finished or not,i would agree with another poster about keeping the beta and adding a 3rd,this would be even better for atari and nvizzio to give more testing from us the fans to help make sure its polished

keeper262
11-13-2015, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the info. Take all the time you need!

DonSPa
11-13-2015, 01:54 AM

if they had delivered when they said and it isnt as polished as they had hoped and not as good as u had hoped,would u be the first to complain and moan because they didnt delay it,or would u say "o well it sux but we got it in dec anyways,or would u rather spend the money and play something that nvizzio and atari created that may be enjoyable for years to come all because they delayed longer than we wanted, and be the first to say ur glad they decided to wait

CoasterDrive
11-13-2015, 01:55 AM
Thank you very much for delaying the game and accepting that it needs and deserves more polishing!
i'm fine with stretching "early 2016" as much as possible ;)

as for the nay sayers: people have waited for other games much much longer after it has been first announced than rctw. Currently it's a little bit over a year (not counting the 9 years before, because no one was expecting for a new rct to come out, just hoping)
and obviously atari gets accustomed to what is a true developer blog post, leave alone the marketing bla bla. So the next weeks will become more interesting than the last year was!

TheConcertKing
11-13-2015, 01:59 AM
In summation, 90% of the people in this thread are saying this:

"YAY FOR DELAYING THE GAME! That was the right choice based on the state of the game and needing more time in development. Now give me early access and let me play it immediately or else! WHY AREN'T YOU LETTING ME PLAY IT RIGHT NOW! I WANT TO PLAY IT ALL THE TIME RIGHT NOW!"

Pretty much.

Kombiice
11-13-2015, 02:05 AM
Awesome !!!!

Indominus
11-13-2015, 02:06 AM
This is great. With more time and work done this game could be great. :)

Narrox
11-13-2015, 02:08 AM

"YAY FOR DELAYING THE GAME! That was the right choice based on the state of the game and needing more time in development. Now give me early access and let me play it immediately or else! WHY AREN'T YOU LETTING ME PLAY IT RIGHT NOW! I WANT TO PLAY IT ALL THE TIME RIGHT NOW!"

Pretty much.

Is there anything wrong with wanting to play a game you've waited for and even paid for!

I'm fine with the delay, that means box release will be delayed, they also don't need to focus on heavy bug fixing, as early-access can be as buggy as they wan't! You're allowed to play and test the game, but don't expect anything! (In other words, don't buy into early-access if all you want is a full, bug-free game)

I can't, I wouldn't even if I could, but I can't cancel my pre-order because the beta keys were actual game keys! That means I've paid for a game I may not even have time to play in early 2016 or whatever early ends up being!

As a developer I really do believe early-access would be great! Not only will it allow us to play what they have finished, but we will also be able to constantly report back what we like and dislike! Instead of them asking early 2016, if their updates and fixes are okay, risking the community hates that as well!

jrud05
11-13-2015, 02:15 AM
I started a thread about Early Access in the General Discussion forum, would love to have your input there if you get a chance!
https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?7130-Early-Access-Poll

Bubbles
11-13-2015, 02:38 AM
Excellent decision! I still remember how TS4 should've been delayed (No pools \ toddlers and more core features) but it wasn't and look at how it turned out. Plus, the park in the screenshot looks fabulously stunning. However, I do not like the red fences, and I think we should have a color wheel to design it in the way fitting to the specific area. The grass near the statue looks great, but I wish we had another version of it, in a much smaller scale. Great work though, I really hope you'll get good reviews because from what I see you do make big efforts, and to be honest no one would switch 3 developer teams without cancelling the whole game. But you continued it, so I applaud you for that. Long live RCT.

rdrunr
11-13-2015, 02:47 AM
Fingers crossed for Edge of Screen scrolling to be added! :)

loquacious706
11-13-2015, 03:21 AM
Thank you for the post, Mattlab. It's nothing but good news. I love how only about ten replies in and the comments had already descended into bickering, but all in all I think this is one of the happiest moments I've witnessed in the forum.
Please, keep us posted.

Hanazakari86
11-13-2015, 04:15 AM
ahh --delaying again?? this time when in 2016 the very early or extremely late??

this is going too far
lost my Patience:(

Palaber1984
11-13-2015, 04:24 AM
Is there anything wrong with wanting to play a game you've waited for and even paid for......
As a developer I really do believe early-access would be great! Not only will it allow us to play what they have finished, but we will also be able to constantly report back what we like and dislike! Instead of them asking early 2016, if their updates and fixes are okay, risking the community hates that as well!

Very truth.

Big_Boy
11-13-2015, 04:39 AM
Fingers crossed for Edge of Screen scrolling to be added! :)

Edge scrolling is already in the game but was turned off in the beta ...

Mtdmtd
11-13-2015, 04:43 AM
Considering that Steam already have mixed reviews, the only positive impact before release would be early-access... As I've just written, I'm even thinking about asking for my money back, since we don't know when early 2016 is, I may be doing lots of other stuff at that time!

The only way to truly gain hype is to allow the community to help build and perfect the game! Now remember, we're not talking about an indie developer, and I'll even accept sandbox, heck, I'll be happy even if all I could was to play with the coaster builder!

I'm seriously thinking about doing some nasty stuff to the beta, allowing me to keep playing it, but I'd rather want Atari to let us do that!

First, you cant do some 'nasty stuff' to the beta. If you could, you would have done it already.

Second, you have other things too do in 2016, like a job, etc etc. Well, who the h*ll doesnt? I have a wife, a kid and second kid ok the way, a full time job, a dog, housework etc, we ALL have other things too do. Thats called a life. Stop being a cry baby. The game wont be early access so I recomend you getting a refund. You probably wont have any time playing in 2016 anyway.

Narrox
11-13-2015, 04:54 AM
First, you cant do some 'nasty stuff' to the beta. If you could, you would have done it already.

Second, you have other things too do in 2016, like a job, etc etc. Well, who the h*ll doesnt? I have a wife, a kid and second kid ok the way, a full time job, a dog, housework etc, we ALL have other things too do. Thats called a life. Stop being a cry baby. The game wont be early access so I recomend you getting a refund. You probably wont have any time playing in 2016 anyway.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you have to! There's lots of things we can do in life but decide not to do...

And no, I do not want a refund! I really want to play the game... And yes, I have a rare period of free time in between jobs I had hoped to spend on the game, and it is sad (not crying at all) that they now delay the game!

I do understand why, and my wish for early-access is far from only allowing us to play right away! Many of you considered the first beta a total disaster. This beta was made by Nvizzio believing they knew what the community wanted, but apparently they failed big time? Or did I just read the dark side of the forum???

Early-access would allow the community to help them make the game we all wants! If they disagree and think early-access is a bad, then fair enough! This is just what I think would be best for the game!

Jamppa158
11-13-2015, 04:56 AM
I think this was the right thing to do. I'll still be here, looking forward to next beta weekend, streams and blog posts and I'm not going to cancel the pre-order.

Mtdmtd
11-13-2015, 05:12 AM
Just because you can, doesn't mean you have to! There's lots of things we can do in life but decide not to do...

And no, I do not want a refund! I really want to play the game... And yes, I have a rare period of free time in between jobs I had hoped to spend on the game, and it is sad (not crying at all) that they now delay the game!

I do understand why, and my wish for early-access is far from only allowing us to play right away! Many of you considered the first beta a total disaster. This beta was made by Nvizzio believing they knew what the community wanted, but apparently they failed big time? Or did I just read the dark side of the forum???

Early-access would allow the community to help them make the game we all wants! If they disagree and think early-access is a bad, then fair enough! This is just what I think would be best for the game!

No, you still cant do some "nasty stuff" to the beta and still playing it.

Well, we all have things too do. Many of us would love having more time playing games etc, but we dont. And asking for early access just because you have plans for 2016 is just, childish really. Releasing early access have no proof of generation more feedback to the developer. Look at Theme Park Studio. The first two early access updates people still gave them feedback. And now? Well, 8/10 people do not play the game any more.

Early access is (in most cases) just a selling point.

CreamyBeef
11-13-2015, 05:14 AM
Ahahahahhahaha

Cortex
11-13-2015, 05:36 AM
The best decision they could make. This game deserves a quality release.
To bad we have to wait longer :P

RCTFan
11-13-2015, 05:39 AM
It's right! Perfect

The Stig
11-13-2015, 05:40 AM

"I will not pay for this game in it's current state, but I'll happily pay full price to play this game in it's current state right now."

TheConcertKing
11-13-2015, 05:55 AM

Waaah waaah bend everything to suit my needs!
Why you'd drop $60 on a game thinking you would only have time to play it for a few weeks is beyond me, but that's your prerogative. They'll do what they feel is best and clearly they feel like a specific window for beta access is what suits their needs better. Get over it and move on. Either suck it up and figure out some free time to play the game after it comes out, or get a refund. I'm sick of seeing you post the same **** over and over and over and over.

"I will not pay for this game in it's current state, but I'll happily pay full price to play this game in it's current state right now."

Exactly. Our Tamed Racing Driver gets it.

Angel
11-13-2015, 06:01 AM
I'm really happy about the delay. I'm one of those that cancelled their pre-order. I didn't play the beta at all, because seeing the twitch live stream was enough for me to realise the state the game was in. I did watch let's plays on youtube and twitch, which only confirmed my decision. This game has a lot of potential, but it needs more time. And now it gets more time. Yay!

Knobs
11-13-2015, 06:18 AM
Perfect. Wow, our dedication to this development is being paid off.... look at the power of this community. I believe this is exactly the turnaround tha was again needed to re establish peoples trust and hopes. Great blog, great news, atari doing pretty fine here, keep up this marvellous work,nvizzio. We support this with all our geeky heads together.the majority of members here were asking for the delay and got what they wanted and what is needed. Awesome, power to the people.

jerseygrrll
11-13-2015, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the detailed update, Mattlab. I did preorder the game, and I have no thoughts of cancelling at all. I think it's wonderful that the team is taking the time to address the issues properly. There's an old proverb, All good things come to he who waits. I'd rather wait for a polished game than something rushed out to please a few.

Lycerin
11-13-2015, 06:34 AM
I applaud the decision and am looking forward to see how the game will improve till April / May. :)

NightStalker
11-13-2015, 06:42 AM
There have been a lot of tough calls on RCTW (dev. changes, delays,ect.) but thank you to Atari, Mattlab and Nvizzio for listening to the community and trying to deliver a well polished game! Hopefully the pushed back date gives some breathing room to work on refining it.

Dally
11-13-2015, 06:46 AM
Thanks Mattlab and team for listening to our feedback and making the hard (but right) decision to push back launch.
I'm more excited than ever for this game, and look forward to participating in the next Beta weekend.

AtiTech
11-13-2015, 07:00 AM
Dam changed the date of a weekendtrip to play the beta 2 now it's delayed :-) sad en happy at same time

Alpha32
11-13-2015, 07:03 AM
We’ve learned a lot from the Beta and obviously have a number of bugs, memory leaks, polish items, and optimizations we want to do to make the game run smooth as butter.

My 2 main problems with the game. Hopefully once December rolls around for the next beta memory leaks (main issue) is a distant memory.

Also very happy to hear that the game has been pushed back (although no idea by how much) but any delay is a welcome one as the game deserves to be a great one for many years to come.

FusionDeck
11-13-2015, 07:22 AM
We've waited 10 years since the last one, why not wait another few months?

Lets just hope we don't get another new developer team this time.

mafiamoe
11-13-2015, 07:33 AM
I support this move in every way, especially with the changes to the coaster builder bringing in the best of both building systems.

Now, can we get a beta that lasts longer than a weekend? :-P

Ballou
11-13-2015, 07:54 AM
First sorry if my English is not very good...

You have in your hands a license who dream of thousands of people. I do not imagine the number of hours I have spent in front of my screen to design the parks of my dreams. I think you have everything to gain release a complete game, leading and best meets the expectations of fans of the saga.

Expectations are, however, many and perhaps even unlimited when i read topics in this forum. I hope you find the right balance in setting the final release date. I think in any case that the game should not go out with less content and opportunities that these predecessors. This would be a bad flashback and bad for the saga.

My best memories are attached to the first two issues of the saga. I loved in RCT1 and 2 have endless queues on the most famous attractions. Sometimes an hour wait with nearly 400 visitors in the queues. As in reality. This was probably possible because the visitors were less complex and required less resources to be generated in large numbers. In RCT3, no more long queue. This does not reflect the excitement of a real park.

I had an idea about the rollercoaster editor. It might be practical as maintaining pressed key (ctrl or shift, for example) the segment being created becomes perfectly straight. This technique is used in graphics software to make a straight path, why not here too?

PS: it seems that there was a little trouble building your barriers during turns. Rounded are anyway a good idea, it is more realistic as well.

Work well ! A french fan who will have to find a new present for Christmas ... but it's for a good cause!

For French people my original text / Pour les Français du forum :

Vous avez entre vos mains une licence qui a fait rêver des milliers de personnes. Je n'ose même pas imaginer le nombre d'heures que j'ai pu passer devant mon écran à concevoir les parcs de mes rêves. Je pense que vous avez tout à gagner à sortir un jeu complet, abouti et qui réponde au mieux aux attentes des fans de la saga.

Les attentes sont cependant nombreuses et peut-être même illimitées à lire les sujets de ce forum. J'espère que vous trouverez le juste milieu en fixant la date définitive de sortie. Je pense en tout cas que le jeu ne doit pas sortir avec moins de contenu et de possibilités que ces précédesseurs. Cela serait un mauvais retour en arrière et desservirai la saga.

Mes meilleurs souvenirs restent attachés aux deux premiers numéros de la saga. J'adorai dans RCT1 et 2 avoir d'interminables files d'attente sur les attractions les plus convoitées. Parfois une bonne heure d'attente avec près de 400 visiteurs. Comme dans la réalité. Cela était sans doute possible car les visiteurs étaient moins complexes et demandaient moins de ressources pour être générés en grand nombre. Dans RCT3, plus de longue file d'attente. Cela ne refletait pas l'effervescence d'un vrai parc.

J'avais une idée au sujet de l'éditeur de montagne russe. Il serait peut être pratique qu'en maintenant une touche appuyée (ctrl ou maj par exemple) le tronçon en cours de création devienne parfaitement droit. Cette technique est utilisée dans les logiciels graphiques pour faire un tracé droit, pourquoi pas ici aussi ?

PS : il semblerait qu'il y ai un petit soucis de construction dans vos barrières lors des virages. Les arrondis sont en tout cas une bonne idée, c'est bien plus réaliste ainsi.

Travaillez bien ! Un fan qui va devoir trouver un nouveau cadeau pour Noël... mais c'est pour la bonne cause !

rct-uwe
11-13-2015, 08:46 AM
Finally you made a good decision by delaying the game...
But you should make a good decision now and implement water rides and piece by piece building before release to have a real RCT on the market!

You might come close to the Planet Coaster release.
If you don't include the RCT basic features like water rides and piece by piece building, you will probably loose a lot of customers...

Prody67
11-13-2015, 08:51 AM
Hello Atari,

I am very pleased that you have delayed the game until early 2016!

We all want the best game you can deliver and the extra time should allow for this!
To all the guys who want to cancel, please don’t cancel your pre-orders, this will mean that money won’t be available to make this an awesome game! Once the game is fully released, if you're not satisfied then ask for your money back no worries.

I seriously want to see Atari release this game to be the best RCT game ever made, but I don’t believe they can do it without the backing of the community.
Just like Theme Park Studio from Pantera Entertainment, I believe this chapter of the franchise should have been crowd funded with rewards of the Standard Edition and Deluxe Edition plus additional benefits for higher funders.

To be honest, I don’t play the campaigns in RCT 3, I prefer sandbox, and neither do I want to kill my peeps. I just want to build an awesome theme park, watch the peeps queue up and ride the rides and have first person POV for myself.

If it takes 3 or 4 months or more, for Atari to achieve my expectations then so be it because I don’t want to see the message, “Rollercoaster Tycoon World has stopped responding and will now close”
As I do with a competitor.

Thanks Atari, I am behind you with this and can’t wait to play this awesome title in all it’s glory.

James
11-13-2015, 09:02 AM
Was always skeptical for a 2015 release, seeing the mostly negative feedback from beta 1, and having a beta so close to the game's launch. Delaying the game just makes sense.

dafyddmann
11-13-2015, 09:21 AM
Please give us a lot more betas, really want to play this over Christmas. Please! and in November too

Wayne
11-13-2015, 09:26 AM
Thanks for you honesty! Mattlab please make a promise to us to give us some kinda update weekly or just as much as you can please so we can do away with all the nasty that starts when people are not given their blog posts. Even if its a we are still working on "place previous item worked on here" and we will try to provide a update to you when we can. Love the RCTW Team.

I am very pleased with the work you all have done for us so far, really enjoyed the first beta. Honestly why not give us maybe a beta or 2 or 3 or 4 to go with before releasing into 2016. This way we can know for sure that this is the game we are all looking for. I'm so proud of this community for sticking with the RCTW team and we need to always keep a positive attitude towards them as they are working to make a great game for us that we will enjoy. AND I CAN say they are making this game for us as this blog post stats things that we want to change or be fixed and they are working on it for us. Thanks again Mattlab and the rest of the RCTW team for the work you have been doing, please keep it going and you will make a heck of a great game!!

Ballou
11-13-2015, 09:33 AM
A beta during Christmas holiday will be a great gift

Kambor
11-13-2015, 09:37 AM
Delay? Perfect.Time to preorder :D

JMR
11-13-2015, 09:51 AM
This just goes to prove yet again that Atari do listen to their community. Glad I put my faith in you guys. Keep up the good work! Great blog post.

Wayne
11-13-2015, 10:17 AM
This just goes to prove yet again that Atari do listen to their community. Glad I put my faith in you guys. Keep up the good work! Great blog post.

I agree it was a top notch time for them to make the decision and to show they are taking the time to hear what we have to say about the game and how "we" think the game could be better. This was a great blog post, +1 for the team for sure.

XeR0x4
11-13-2015, 10:20 AM
I really hope in the future there is an option about snapping. In the beta I couldn't place scenery around the paths properly at all :c

Sawyer
11-13-2015, 11:14 AM
I think after all the feed back and all the bad things said, this is the best option. We can see what you are trying, and you are not far off from what RCT is all about. Just look at the responses in this post when you said you are taking more time to make it right. That's all we want, a new RCT we can love and play endlessly.

I was not happy with the BETA, I will admit that but it isn't far off, I know you guys read these posts and it is great you get all this feedback, I'm just going to throw my thoughts on what needs doing.

- Paths, we need freedom on the paths and not 3 sizes. The freedom in the other games let us place them where ever we wanted, making parks of all shapes and not being limited to certain sizes tiles, they linked up!

- Coaster stations, I don't understand why this has changed, you should be able to pick the length of it, and where the queue starts and the same with the exit, taking this away is very restrictive and doesn't make any sense to go move away from this? Having a set station removes so much creativeness.

They are my main concerns, I know they don't sound like much but just imagine the restrictions in place at the moment with this.

Please, add things like you have been and give us new options in park building, but don't take things away. Multiple choice on things is so much better than one.

Thanks for reading and I can't wait to see more updates, thank you for realising the passion of your fans and taking the game as seriously as we do. RCT is the best game series in the world, it really is.

thexevv
11-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Yay! Glad to know that they are pushing back the date to give more time for development. I still can't wait. Seeing the preorder on my steam is taunting me lol. Until then, I just make do with RCT3. RCTW will complete my RCT collection. I still have 1 and 2 as well.

Thaakiidty
11-13-2015, 12:26 PM
@Mattlab

This is awesome news to me! I'm sure the rest of the forum agrees that we would rather have a polished and well finished game.

I do have a few suggestions to help improve the game that we all have waited over a decade for. We want it to be the best. Better than Planet Coaster. With that being said, here's what I hope will be included in the finished product.

1. Please include old steel coasters. (Arrow loopers and hyper, Anton Schwarzkopf loopers and flywheel launch, kiddie and wild mouse coasters). We don't just want the new B&M coasters, we want it all. Intamin Giga/Hyper coasters.
2. Catwalks-should be able to place on either side of the track, not just one side. Also, Dive-coasters have catwalks around corners. We should be able to place them in the game as well as brake runs. Please add this for more realism. * I noticed the wing coaster cars traveled through the catwalk. Please make this as real as possible. In addition, lifts and catwalks have lighting. Will we be able to add lights to our catwalks?
3. Supports-we should be able to remove supports that are in the way of track. I noticed coaster cars traveling through supports just like catwalks. This isn't real at all.
4.Wooden Coasters-the supports weren't too realistic. Wooden coasters have supports that are also along side the track or next to supports under the track.
5. Water rides-we would love to see water rides in the final game. Please!
6. More stations! I don't want all my coasters having the same station. I plan on building more than one coaster for a same themed area and don't want all having the same station.
7. Sounds-not all steel coasters sound the same. Please make them sound more realistic. B&M coasters are louder than other steel coasters. The sounds in the beta were horrible. Not realistic at all. Also the sound should be speed appropriate.
8. Color customization-please make the entire track and coaster cars customizable in terms of color.
9. Water-the water in RCT3 to me seemed better and clear. But that's just my opinion.
10. Thank you for all your hard work! We truly appreciate it and know you will provide us w the best RCT game yet.

Helena
11-13-2015, 12:45 PM
With the list above on point one I want the predefined piece loop of Schwarzkopf where you see the thick supports on the sides that is unique for that loop.

EDIT:
Addition to this: This loop piece could be a predefined loop, that is fixed in proportions (of the loop itself, not supports, supports should remain in its thickness) but adjustable in size. That way you will still get a classic look but flexible size.

iDeanJ
11-13-2015, 01:25 PM
This is absolutely wonderful news! The improvements up to this point have been tremendous...can you imagine what a few more months will bring? I'm very enthusiastic about the future!

As far as early access, I think requesting that is a bit much. We are not entitled to anything, in fact, they did not have to do betas or include our feedback to begin with. They are doing this to help provide the game that we all will love for years to come, let the professionals do what they do best. We've waited many years for this, and at one point we weren't even certain we would be getting another RCT game. What's a few more months?

If Atari and Nvizzio want to continue providing updates to the community, rather then open up early access (which may kill the hype come launch day), why not go the route Theme Parkitect did and provide devlogs? Example: http://devlog.themeparkitect.com/. Seeing the work being done as well as any new features as they are being worked on would drastically improve our perception on the future of the game as a whole.

However, if Nvizzio wants to continue providing the semi weekly updates they have now that's fine as well. As long as we get a polished, AAA worthy game in the end that's my only concern. :-)

Helena
11-13-2015, 01:27 PM
However, if Nvizzio wants to continue providing the semi weekly updates they have no that's fine as well. As long as we get a polished, AAA worthy game in the end that's my only concern. :-)

SO true, so true. Amen to that. I would prefer a nice game over tons of info and crappy game. ;)

Vampiro
11-13-2015, 01:29 PM
I think this is great news!!

Im as honest as i can be when i tell right away i was one of the people who cancelled their Pre-Order after the beta.

With so many missing features and all of Atari's attention going into the coaster builder i expected the coaster builder to blow me away in awesomeness. Needless to say it didn't. And don't get me wrong, im not saying the coaster builder was bad in any way, but it just wasn't THAT good and it was difficult to get used to.

So i cancelled my Pre-Order because i was not (yet) blown away with the coaster builder and besides that, all the missing features. (And by that ofcourse i don't mean the missing features in the BETA, but missing in the final game at launch like water rides, piece-by-piece scenery, etc etc)
In no way, shape or form did i ever say i was NEVER going to buy the game.

The graphics look very good! And the idea of this coaster builder mixed with a piece by piece coaster builder sounds very appealing to me.

Besides that i really hope the piece-by-piece scenery building will be added as well as that is my main deal breaker. It is a feature that is essential to creating real life parks. Without it, the game is very limited when it comes to theming and indoor buildings/que lines/shops/rides.

All in all i really hope this extra time is used to polish the existing coaster builder and to add some of the key-features like water rides and piece-by-piece scenery building.
If those features are added in the right way, i'll be sure to Re-Pre-Order :)

And one last thing, i like to credit Atari and Matlab for having the honesty to say that some features are not as good as they were supposed to be. By admitting those things, it restores credibility those same things will get fixed. The first step into fixing things is always to admit something is not right, and at times (especially when under pressure) this can be very hard to do. Guess i have to say I have a lot of respect for Matlab a lot for doing this, it takes some guts.

GoYoshi
11-13-2015, 02:23 PM
Thank you!
As weird as this sounds, I was never happier about a delay than now. Take all the time you need for an awesome RCT successor. It's better to wait some months for more content than the game getting bad reviews because the lack of content! :)

widlan
11-13-2015, 02:24 PM
I think this is a good decision. The game needs polishing and this will hopefully give them the time to do so. They only ask to test coaster builder and already moves the release date. I hope that others parts of the game (UGC, campaign, management, peeps, themed area, etc.) are more polished than the coaster builder. Mostly, I hope we'll be able to test it soon and be able to provide feedback, because if the first beta give so much feedback about one feature, I really hope they will give the community the ability to also give feedback about others features.

They always say that community help, so please, I really hope you guys will give more feedback about features, show us more actual footage, etc.

The coaster builder is important for many... but for me, it was never the part where I pass most of time. I really like more the management, takes time to make a beautiful parks, take time to make fireworks, etc. So, I cross the finger to be able to test these features and have the possibility to also give feedback about them.

I would really love open beta that is always open to see the changes as it comes but I also understand it's really difficult to manage feedback... But more betas would be very useful for the game.:)

Thaakiidty
11-13-2015, 02:30 PM
With the list above on point one I want the predefined piece loop of Schwarzkopf where you see the thick supports on the sides that is unique for that loop.

EDIT:
Addition to this: This loop piece could be a predefined loop, that is fixed in proportions (of the loop itself, not supports, supports should remain in its thickness) but adjustable in size. That way you will still get a classic look but flexible size.

I agree and also better more realistic inversion supports for B&M coasters. Support placement is key for realism.

JHouston
11-13-2015, 02:36 PM
There were more problems then they expected so need to fix more and make sure its right

BigDaddy
11-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Good News, Lets hope this supplies them with the time needed to get this baby up to the standards most of us are expecting. RCT3 set the bar pretty high.

Gottlos
11-13-2015, 03:20 PM
Thank you for the delay! I haven't seen anything that says this is a finished game especially when a small(imo) aspect(coaster creation) breaks 70 percent of the time.

Also, please add some more beta weekends. A few more weekends before actual release would really restore my faith.

I won't be purchasing this game until it actually seems like a finished game. Even then I may not until I see that multiplayer will be an actual thing. Thus far you have only sort of delivered on a fraction of what has been promised with the Trademarked "Soon" attached to some big features for post release.

Mythil
11-13-2015, 03:51 PM
Great decision, happy to see you've listened to our feedbacks. It's better to take your time, and then bring us an incredible game, than wanting to release the game in one month and bring us a deception. Good luck team !

DonSPa
11-13-2015, 03:58 PM
ahh --delaying again?? this time when in 2016 the very early or extremely late??

this is going too far
lost my Patience:(

yeah but the thing is do u want a rctw that is more like a rct4 or a more polished rctw that could possibly out do rct3,this gives them the chance to do this now,i ask this to anyone who dont want a delay ...which version do u want??whether the end result will be what we want still remains to be seen but still at least this gives us some hope we do get what we want

Rodrigo Netto
11-13-2015, 04:21 PM
That was the best decision. Hopefully, we'll also see basic water rides, transport rides, tunnels and stairs in the final game next year. These features have been available in every single game of the franchise so far.

By the way, the screenshot looks amazing!

Mattlab
11-13-2015, 05:54 PM
Thank you all for the amazing support! It’s been truly inspiring for the entire team to see that this very critical and carefully considered decision is being so warmly received. Everyone is more fired up than ever to release an awesome game early next year.

Additionally, I wanted to apologize for the radio silence following the first Beta. As you can imagine there are a ton of moving parts to a decision like this and we wanted to be absolutely sure before positing we considered every single angle. We reviewed almost all imaginable possibilities and we believe the best one is the one we landed on – as described in the blog. That said, we will obviously keep working on more blogs, asset reveals and streams.

On that note, stay tuned as we plan to announce our next stream soon. In it, we will look at the amazing coasters entered into the contest and will pick a winner and answer fan questions. We also have plans for some detailed blog posts concerning some of the additional functionalities we are adding to the coaster builder, for example, so that will come soon too.

Thank you again! Your support has energized the team once again!

Cheers,
Mattlab

Sylvester
11-13-2015, 06:01 PM
Thank you all for the amazing support! It’s been truly inspiring for the entire team to see that this very critical and carefully considered decision is being so warmly received. Everyone is more fired up than ever to release an awesome game early next year.

Additionally, I wanted to apologize for the radio silence following the first Beta. As you can imagine there are a ton of moving parts to a decision like this and we wanted to be absolutely sure before positing we considered every single angle. We reviewed almost all imaginable possibilities and we believe the best one is the one we landed on – as described in the blog. That said, we will obviously keep working on more blogs, asset reveals and streams.

On that note, stay tuned as we plan to announce our next stream soon. In it, we will look at the amazing coasters entered into the contest and will pick a winner and answer fan questions. We also have plans for some detailed blog posts concerning some of the additional functionalities we are adding to the coaster builder, for example, so that will come soon too.

Cheers,
Mattlab

I can't wait for all the new updates on the way and the video!
No matter what happens, or how long it takes, you have my support in this game!

Big_Boy
11-13-2015, 06:02 PM

Cheers,
Mattlab

Nice to read this truly !

I can't wait for the next stream annoucement so. I hope the team can now focus on getting the game ready :).

We are patiently waitng for the next updates ...

Indominus
11-13-2015, 06:07 PM

Cheers,
Mattlab

Thats awesome! But I have a question, now that the game is delayed so that the team can work more on it and polish it more (which is great) , does that also mean that some things like waterrides or tunnels or transport rides will be in the game at launch?
That would be fantastic.

lmddawson
11-13-2015, 06:09 PM

Cheers,
Mattlab

Best option picked, very happy about the news.

I think all thats missing is a lot more community conversation. Planet Coaster are updating people each day with new assets/animations and exciting news. Doesn't have to be tee total formal, would just be nice to hear things about the games progress each week rather than each month.

Thanks!

MrSoundwave
11-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Am i the only one in here who disagrees with this.
Just give us a 2nd and a 3rd weekend to test it.

mitchellmcduff
11-13-2015, 07:31 PM
This is great news. We've waited a decade for this game I am more than happy to wait if it means we get a better game. Honestly, if we got a complete and polished game I wouldn't mind waiting until Q4 2016. I gotta admit, I feel bad for everybody at the studio. If you look at the amount of work that has been done in the last 6 months, it is nothing short of amazing. Those poor people must be doing the mother of all crunching. My hat is off to you guys. Take a little more time to make this game not only so we have a more complete game, but for your own sanity. I'm very grateful to you all for your hard work and the massive amount of overtime you are all pulling. Thank you!

BNA210
11-13-2015, 07:38 PM

Cheers,
Mattlab

Have an idea for the 2nd beta

Please please can we have a little more time to play the beta?
like maybe a week?
would be cool to be able to play how much you want even if there is bugs (since your playing by yourself and not multiplayer) (heck we prepaid for the game)

ColdSpirit
11-13-2015, 08:41 PM
Instead they giving us one (or more) aditional beta tests, they are moving the one that existed.

It seems that will all the new functionalities and with only 1 more beta (the one that is being moved forward) the game release date will be once more moved to mid 2016....

What a mess ATARI!! What a mess!!

Give us at least one aditional beta test this November and fix / add more stuff until the next beta in december!

Angelis
11-13-2015, 09:12 PM
This is a best decision you could take ! Take your time !!!

There are many feature requests in the "Ideas and Feature Requests forum" that NEED to be in the game, because it's REALLY important. And I am very happy that you listen to the community.

I thought all the time that I spent here to post suggestions had been unnecessary, and I deserted for a while, because I felt like I was not listening. After this, well ... Maybe not after all.

So, after this very good decision, please continue on this path, and think about :

1) COMMUNICATION
The importance of communicating with members that trying to help (a "community manager" who transmits the important informations to the developers, is very important in a forum)

2) COASTERS IS IMPORTANT BUT ...
Now that you know that the "Coaster Building Tool" should be simplified and improved, you should know that other things need to be added/fixed. Like i said : the "Ideas and Feature Requests" forum is a gold mine to understand what the players really want.

What people are saying about the "modular piece-by-piece building tool" is not to underestimate. This subject comes up very frequently.

The "freedom to create the park of our dreams" is somehow the "heart" of the game. And you must keep in mind that a theme park, is made of flatrides, thrillrides, foodstalls, and paths of course. But what we find the most is :
1) Buildings (like restaurants and shops, and why not hotels)
2) Coasters (indoor and outdoor)
3) Darkrides (the most important ride type in biggest themes parks)
4) Roads (that are more "large paved areas" than "curved paths")
5) Transport ride (that react like transport too, not only like a ride)

3) LET US MORE FREEDOM
If we want to put something (anything !!! like a rock for exemple) close to another, then do not try to prevent us from doing that.

Players do not want to see "You can not do this" (with the red color everywhere on the screen) just because the developers have not thought about this. Even if the items overlap on the screen, it is OUR decision.

A simple XYZ tool to manipulate items and a simple "Free cam" with the right clic can help too.
(And please, add this undo button !!!)

4) THINK OUT OF THE BOX
Why not use brushes to paint the roads ? Why propose "prefabricated" buildings when the community can build and share them themselves, if you provide the right tools ? How can you offer players the opportunity to play outside the park ? What they can do at night ? Why not think "modular" ?

I saw that Nvizzio uses the method "agile" to develop, so ...
Use this as the true strength that is

5) LEARN FROM SUGGESTIONS
Many suggestions are made, and of course, no everything could be in the game, but learn about it, and find what drives them to ask this, because sometime, a single tool can help to answer several suggestions (kill two birds with one stone)

On EVERY "Theme Park Simulator Games" projects, it's ALWAYS the same suggestions, again and again.

This is somes of suggestions appearing on several forums (This one, PlanetCoaster, ThemeParkStudio, and even some less known on kickstarter) : Building piece-by-piece (Sitting Restaurants, Hotels, Shops), Tunnels, Advanced Queue Lines, Seasons & Event, Parades, Concerts, Staff room, Darkrides Tool, Peeps view mode, Custom supports, Fireworks, etc.... (The list is pretty long) but it's ALWAYS THE SAME, EVERYWHERE !!!! Why ?

6) RECREATE PARKS !!!
And it's the most important : If you cannot recreate a famous park (Disneyland, Universal, SixFlag, CedarPoint, EuropaPark, etc...) then : something is wrong with your game.

(at least something close)

This is what I have to say.
You have a lot of work, so good luck ! :)

Narrox
11-13-2015, 09:49 PM
Waaah waaah bend everything to suit my needs!
Why you'd drop $60 on a game thinking you would only have time to play it for a few weeks is beyond me, but that's your prerogative. They'll do what they feel is best and clearly they feel like a specific window for beta access is what suits their needs better. Get over it and move on. Either suck it up and figure out some free time to play the game after it comes out, or get a refund. I'm sick of seeing you post the same **** over and over and over and over.

Exactly. Our Tamed Racing Driver gets it.

First of all, let's just stop the cry commenting, I'm in no way crying! I am however really sorry that your sick of seeing me post the same **** over and over and over and over. That was not my intention at all!

As I tried to do during the beta 1 feedback, all I really want is to help the developers as much as possible! And sure everyone have different views, I believe that early-access done right could be a good thing, you don't that's fair!

I'm just a tiny part of the community, I do not expect them to bend anything to suit my needs, I'm just giving ideas of how they could continue a close development with the community, you may feel like it's the same ****, and I'm deeply sorry if you do, but my idea is just as valid as all the "naysayers"! Only Atari and Nvizzio can make the final decision, and I'd respect whatever decision the choose".

Now, your properly already tired of reading my ****** comments, but if you just hang on a bit more, I hope we can solve everything and go back to actually being a community that works together on helping the development no matter how they decide to continue!

I see now that saying "I was thinking about doing 'nasty stuff' to the beta, so I could keep playing..." was received completely wrong... As a developer it wouldn't be as hard as Mr. Mtdmtd seems to expect! But it's against every possible EULA/TOU they have, and I have no intention breaking those! As I've said many times, I seriously want to help make an amazing game and support both Atari and Nvizzio! I wrote that line, simply because I simply can't wait to get access to the game or any future beta! I wrote it because I didn't feel like we had enough time testing and reporting feedback. And that's actually all I really want!

@Mtdmtd just picked up my comment and turned it 180 degrees, then slammed it down. I know everyone have stuff to do, and I'm not crying that they delayed it... Heck I even reported my own feedback, based on The Stigs amazing idea of fixing the coaster builder... I even spend time making a ****** mockup of how it could look! I had hoped they could implement it in time for release, but inside I knew the game would be delayed, and that's completely fine, it needs extra time to be perfect!

So why did I complain about not being able to play the two rare months I have between jobs? Well I had a meltdown, I messed up, and I'm deeply sorry! The way I preordered was through my local online game store, I support them as much as possible! But since the keys we were given are full game keys, they processed and closed the order to send me the keys, meaning that as of now, I've paid for the game! Normally they process and send the keys one or two days before final release!

Even if I could cancel my pre-order by calling Atari, I have no intention (as said before), I can't wait for the game to release, and whenever they release, I'm sure I'll find time to play the game!

-- TL/DR --

I've posted this long comment to close up some quarrels! I have no intention to be a cry-baby, and while I stand by parts of my comments I should properly have kept most of it to my self! I'm sorry!

CSXsonic
11-13-2015, 11:13 PM
I am also for this delay. I'd rather have a game be late and finished than have a disappointment. Glad you're not making the same mistake Simcity 5 made. Fun game but it was released halfway through production.

MilkMan
11-13-2015, 11:50 PM
Piece by piece is a great addition. It should make for quicker construction of rides and smoother ones as well. I hope the loops/screws/etc are also available as premade options.

I can't not believe that people STILL think beta means FINAL release..............................Maybe having a "this is a test build. all features are not present." box popping up every 3 seconds while playing might help. Seriously.

Akydo
11-14-2015, 01:40 AM
NOw Mattlab and Nvizzio creations

The Ball is in your Court. Atari gave you the Extra Time. You have to Delever now. Iam So Excited we are going to Get those extra things they were going to be put off in a future update. Transports, Dark Rides, Water Ride, UnderGround Tunnel will be at Launch Now.:cool: Keep up the Good Work. This game is going to be Great.

Akydo
11-14-2015, 01:45 AM
I notice in the Picture they just gave us. IN the Coaster Station, Do you guys Think They are giving us the Option to remove the booth over the controll panel or did they comepletely took it out if the game. Did u guys notice that in the pick

I also notice the Ring of fire Flat ride but Iam trying to figuer out the Flat ride next to it.

Prody67
11-14-2015, 02:23 AM
I notice in the Picture they just gave us. IN the Coaster Station, Do you guys Think They are giving us the Option to remove the booth over the controll panel or did they comepletely took it out if the game. Did u guys notice that in the pick.

I think they are now letting us customise the stations! I'm sure people have asked for that.

NightStalker
11-14-2015, 03:08 AM
Iam trying to figuer out the Flat ride next to it.
Appears to be swinging ship.

coasterking
11-14-2015, 03:17 AM
Outstanding :) I'm glad you guys have listened to the fans. Imho, delaying the game will make a superior product. Remember, you only get one chance to impress. Cheers Atari!!

chiefpiggum89
11-14-2015, 04:18 AM
Very, very wise decision. I can see why Atari wants a game before christmas but in the long run this is the best decision they can make

The Stig
11-14-2015, 05:10 AM
I think the devs' coaster building is improving.
And what's that above the station? Just above the treeline? It's some straight!
And the bit in front of the station looks pretty straight as well.
You guys already have some straight line tools implemented, don't you? ;)

Kombiice
11-14-2015, 05:28 AM
Appears to be swinging ship.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/FabbrGroup_Evolution.jpg this one I guess

NightStalker
11-14-2015, 06:03 AM
1888kinda hard to tell. Sorry for bad image quality.

Scott97
11-14-2015, 07:37 AM
Personally I'm actually really happy about the delay, of course I want to play it as soon as possible but I'd rather wait a few extra months and get a proper game and not just a half finished one. If they were still rushing to get it out in a month the little outside the box quirks would never get added, the bigger things like dark rides etc would come in the form of future updates but the little details would just get permanently forgotten about. A fantastic decision, I hope Atari and Nvizzio all the best and that maybe even some of the future update features are included in the initial release (in particular transport rides since I build the park around them). It's sad to see some people here aren't happy about the delay, it can only make the game better!

JHouston
11-14-2015, 08:33 AM
I think that this is a great opportunity for UCG to be implemented, also hopefully we will be able to 'stack' UCG at launch

Lapuente
11-14-2015, 08:48 AM
THANK YOU

faith recovered

RCTW1
11-14-2015, 09:01 AM
I do hope the specs will be well implemented, just to prove that a bump was really needed. Not me, but there seems to be several people who want lower specs.

Obzew
11-14-2015, 09:27 AM
Thanks alot for this info! *Im so excited, and i just can't hide it* :rolleyes:;):cool:

Nemmie
11-14-2015, 09:37 AM
Good call team RCTW. The fact that you're willing to sacrifice the potential Christmas sales to give the game the time it needs to get it right goes a long way to restore my faith in yourselves and the franchise.

Mattlab, that's the kind of communication we need. Simple, honest and candid. More of that in the near future please sir. :)

Hopefully, this is a turn in the road where we'll have more transparency and informative and more to discuss on the forums. This will leave less room for baseless speculation resulting in poison being fired at each other and the devs.

Knobs
11-14-2015, 10:03 AM
Haha, getting all warm and fuzzy reading these comments... Great news. I like this bumpy adventure.

jgordon1206
11-14-2015, 11:42 AM
I'm kind of annoyed considering they said it would be released in early 2015 and now its early 2016, but I guess they need to perfect it. I really hope there will be waterslides and pools because I haven't seen any pictures of that

Scott97
11-14-2015, 12:46 PM
I'm kind of annoyed considering they said it would be released in early 2015 and now its early 2016, but I guess they need to perfect it. I really hope there will be waterslides and pools because I haven't seen any pictures of that

That seems more like an expansion pack to me like in RCT3, I can't imagine they'd put that before more essential things like tunnels and transport rides

korebreach08
11-14-2015, 12:52 PM
NOw Mattlab and Nvizzio creations

The Ball is in your Court. Atari gave you the Extra Time. You have to Delever now. Iam So Excited we are going to Get those extra things they were going to be put off in a future update. Transports, Dark Rides, Water Ride, UnderGround Tunnel will be at Launch Now.:cool: Keep up the Good Work. This game is going to be Great.

The blog post said nothing about the delay giving them time to add transports, dark rides, water rides, underground tunnels, etc. I understand that those are some big items on the launch-day wish list, but those items will still be in after-release content (hopefully all free). This is, of course, unless they are holding back some big news about any of these things. The delay is simply to do the things that were stated in the blog post, not add all of the wish list items.

Sure, I'm greatly looking forward to the day when we get feature-parity with RCT3, but don't expect it to happen at launch. Atari is already looking at which features to push out into post-launch free content, as well as post-launch paid expansion (like Soaked! and Loopy Landscapes). You can either accept what we get at launch, or delay your purchase several years until you can buy a Steam Platinum Bundle with all of the free and paid post-launch content.

In some ways, I kinda like the post-game content (both free and paid), since it helps keep the game from getting stale. (I know... blasphemy! I guess I'm just not one of the give-it-all-to-me-now crowd). I'm most excited about the efforts of the people who are really great at making things in Unity and sharing them with the community. RCTW will continue to evolve - for many years to come - just as the RCT3 did. I realize that some of the current wish list items were in the original RCT3 launch, but I know that Nvizzio is doing everything they can to get the basics right, with our feedback. The rest, I can wait for.

Achronite
11-14-2015, 12:56 PM
+1 For the delay - I fully support this!

Now promise to keep us up to date Matt - a regular weekly slot for an update post would be good, a blog even better.

Sawyer
11-14-2015, 01:55 PM
It certainly feels that the RCT community is a much more happy place to be now. We all want the same thing deep down, it's why we're here right?!

ncutt010
11-14-2015, 05:12 PM
I think everyone's happy about the delay because they can see the game has plenty of potential. The beta was full of bugs us fans only want a polished game...

We want rctw to be successful and I think it's great that they're pushing the release date...it needed it

darkhorizon
11-14-2015, 07:03 PM
Please, Atari, you need to reassure us that we aren't yelling at a brick wall... kudos for identifying there was an issue with the coaster editor and that the Dec. 10th release date was unfeasible, but much more needs to be done. I have money in my hands and I would love nothing more than to trade it for an amazing RCT game, but I need to see way more passion and dedication to your community!

Philmon11
11-14-2015, 07:10 PM
Mattlab, have you and the team ever considered putting the game into early acess? A lot of people have been asking for it, and I just want to know that you, yes, infact have seen these requests. You don't have to say yes, I just want to know that you've seen these requests for EA.

Thaakiidty
11-14-2015, 07:37 PM

There are many feature requests in the "Ideas and Feature Requests forum" that NEED to be in the game, because it's REALLY important. And I am very happy that you listen to the community.

I thought all the time that I spent here to post suggestions had been unnecessary, and I deserted for a while, because I felt like I was not listening. After this, well ... Maybe not after all.

So, after this very good decision, please continue on this path, and think about :

1) COMMUNICATION
The importance of communicating with members that trying to help (a "community manager" who transmits the important informations to the developers, is very important in a forum)

Now that you know that the "Coaster Building Tool" should be simplified and improved, you should know that other things need to be added/fixed. Like i said : the "Ideas and Feature Requests" forum is a gold mine to understand what the players really want.

What people are saying about the "modular piece-by-piece building tool" is not to underestimate. This subject comes up very frequently.

The "freedom to create the park of our dreams" is somehow the "heart" of the game. And you must keep in mind that a theme park, is made of flatrides, thrillrides, foodstalls, and paths of course. But what we find the most is :

3) LET US MORE FREEDOM
If we want to put something (anything !!! like a rock for exemple) close to another, then do not try to prevent us from doing that.

Players do not want to see "You can not do this" (with the red color everywhere on the screen) just because the developers have not thought about this. Even if the items overlap on the screen, it is OUR decision.

A simple XYZ tool to manipulate items and a simple "Free cam" with the right clic can help too.

4) THINK OUT OF THE BOX
Why not use brushes to paint the roads ? Why propose "prefabricated" buildings when the community can build and share them themselves, if you provide the right tools ? How can you offer players the opportunity to play outside the park ? What they can do at night ? Why not think "modular" ?

Many suggestions are made, and of course, no everything could be in the game, but learn about it, and find what drives them to ask this, because sometime, a single tool can help to answer several suggestions (kill two birds with one stone)

On EVERY "Theme Park Simulator Games" projects, it's ALWAYS the same suggestions, again and again.

This is somes of suggestions appearing on several forums (This one, PlanetCoaster, ThemeParkStudio, and even some less known on kickstarter) : Building piece-by-piece (Sitting Restaurants, Hotels, Shops), Tunnels, Advanced Queue Lines, Seasons & Event, Parades, Concerts, Staff room, Darkrides Tool, Peeps view mode, Custom supports, Fireworks, etc.... (The list is pretty long) but it's ALWAYS THE SAME, EVERYWHERE !!!! Why ?

6) RECREATE PARKS !!!
And it's the most important : If you cannot recreate a famous park (Disneyland, Universal, SixFlag, CedarPoint, EuropaPark, etc...) then : something is wrong with your game.

Awesome post! I agree 100%

Wobbly
11-15-2015, 04:33 AM
You know, It's actually pretty emotional reading almost 100% all the support from everyone. Thanks to Atari & Nvzzio and special thanks to everyone here being so supportive and positive about this. <3

1) COMMUNICATION

3) LET US MORE FREEDOM

4) THINK OUT OF THE BOX

6) RECREATE PARKS !!!

This is a fantastic post btw @MattLab - Please can you pass this to someone so, I completely agree with this post entirely :)

Nebulon Ranger
11-15-2015, 06:32 AM
Brilliant thread, Matt!

As for other suggestion, I may be sounding a little narcissistic but I sure hope my plaza mask tool idea was considered. ;)

No but seriously, while I'm a bit dejected that the game is being delayed, I can look past it knowing we'll get a more solid launch out of it. :)

Nebulon Ranger
11-15-2015, 06:46 AM
I really hope there will be waterslides and pools because I haven't seen any pictures of that

Ehhhh this isn't really a fair criticism of launch-day World given you had to pay money for Soaked! back in the day to get body slides and pools in RCT3. Now, dinghy slides? Yeah I'd agree whole-heartedly.

TigerBlueGamer
11-15-2015, 09:24 AM
Mattlab, have you and the team ever considered putting the game into early acess? A lot of people have been asking for it, and I just want to know that you, yes, infact have seen these requests. You don't have to say yes, I just want to know that you've seen these requests for EA.
I totally agree, releasing on Early Access would be a huge benefit for both sides. The developers would be getting regular feedback and testing of updates and we the customers would be able to see that progress is being made. I am sure that most of us that pre ordered the game want the game to be the best it can and as soon as possible. Sureley the more testing it gets the quicker the problems/bugs will get reported then the quicker they can be addressed?

Vampiro
11-15-2015, 10:04 AM

1) COMMUNICATION

3) LET US MORE FREEDOM

4) THINK OUT OF THE BOX

6) RECREATE PARKS !!!

I have posted similar posts to as what you just did here, so all i can say is i agree 100%!!

Coasters are important ofcourse but like you said, a great coaster builder does NOT make it a great game.

To me, the piece-by-piece scenery tool is the most important thing. I can write a complete essay about this subject but i dont think anyone would read it ;)
Just take a look at what has happened with RCT3 over the years, the amounts of scenery is MASSIVE, this should give an indication about how important this feature is.

And yet we can import stuff, but if im not a 3D artist this feature is more or less worthless because other people's creations will never ever be exactly what i need. (for example, to make an indoor que line, the imported piece would need to have the perfect size, walls, style, interior, etc etc which is near to impossible)

AaronTuckwell
11-15-2015, 01:40 PM
Defo the best idea to delay.. It makes better business sense..

I'm also on board with the early access.. Who better to hep you shape the game to what players want than.. well.. the players that will be playing it?! Let us take the reigns of what this game should play like..

SparkyUK
11-15-2015, 04:01 PM
I think the devs' coaster building is improving.
And what's that above the station? Just above the treeline? It's some straight!
And the bit in front of the station looks pretty straight as well.
You guys already have some straight line tools implemented, don't you? ;)

I also noticed the station control "booth" isn't present. The control centre is in open air - wonder if this is an option that can be edited? :)

Angelis
11-15-2015, 07:12 PM
Awesome post! I agree 100%

You know, It's actually pretty emotional reading almost 100% all the support from everyone. Thanks to Atari & Nvzzio and special thanks to everyone here being so supportive and positive about this. <3

This is a fantastic post btw @MattLab - Please can you pass this to someone so, I completely agree with this post entirely :)

I have posted similar posts to as what you just did here, so all i can say is i agree 100%!!

Coasters are important ofcourse but like you said, a great coaster builder does NOT make it a great game.

To me, the piece-by-piece scenery tool is the most important thing. I can write a complete essay about this subject but i dont think anyone would read it ;)
Just take a look at what has happened with RCT3 over the years, the amounts of scenery is MASSIVE, this should give an indication about how important this feature is.

And yet we can import stuff, but if im not a 3D artist this feature is more or less worthless because other people's creations will never ever be exactly what i need. (for example, to make an indoor que line, the imported piece would need to have the perfect size, walls, style, interior, etc etc which is near to impossible)Thanks for your support guys. I hope Matlab will read this.

I am really confident that if they follow these 6 points (without exception) and take the necessary time, they will make RCTW a great game.
If not, I fear the worst will happen for Atari (you can not fail here, and you know it seen your economic situation) and Nvizzio risk to have a very bad reputation (for many years). What would be a pity just because of one thing : the lack of time.

It's easy to see that that they are doing good work (the graphics are very good for example, and the "realistic graphics" strategy is pretty good card to play compared to competitor, and to Nvizzio did a great job in this specific aspect), but they just need time, and our desire to have a good game (that we can play for years) can be much bigger than our impatience.

A community can be excessively nice or excessively harsh, but she is always honest.

(sorry for the many mistakes, English is not my native language and I try to do the best I can)

DonSPa
11-15-2015, 09:41 PM
I also agree with you angelis on all points,ive said right from the start that the gamer should be able to be in charge of every aspect of the game to be able to build a park of their dreams to make it as real or as fun as a user can make it for themselves.I know its probally impossible to have everything but I believe they can make it very close.

Mr Nekk
11-16-2015, 03:21 AM
Couldn't be happier. You guys have proven to me and to everyone else that you are truly dedicated to this game and not only want it to be the best experience but are capable of making it so. Thank you, thank you for not taking the easy way. Thank you for not shooting for a January release date, but an early 2015 release date, adding possibly 4 months to the game development time.Thank you for breaking the convention that every game developer is seedy and doesn't care about it's consumers. Recently I made a youtube video addressing my complaints with this games beta and you have seen to it that you fix the major issues I was having. I will make sure my audience hears about this.

SparkyUK
11-16-2015, 07:39 AM

+1.

You can spot the genuine supporters I think :) And those that understand what a gigantic project this really is. It's no small task getting this right, and I can tell that's what their goal was always meant to be.

A community stands behind them, not against them. :)

Big_Boy
11-16-2015, 09:37 AM
I'm wondering when the beta weekend will be, cause off the holiday's.

I hope they can soon give us some information about it.

Virenprktschz
11-16-2015, 02:25 PM
Dear Developers,

take your time that you need. Hoppensly all features work fine. I am waiting about more then seven years. This three months or five, hoppensly not more, are okay for it. I have tested the beta, and my result are bad. Very bad. But my biggest respect for the beta. I know how hard is it to programming a software like this. But i hope you will release at the same time the mac-version. I can promise you, your investor will kiss you. So much people have access to the mac app store with creditcard or third party stores as steam or whatelse.

PS: Could you programming a picture of a cat in the game?
This would be gorgeous! I hope we seen us next time on any convention or fair.

ddef12
11-16-2015, 03:29 PM
Mattlab, are we still going to get details about creating UGC? With plans changing and the game being delayed, I understand the plates are full. However, we would love to still begin to create objects we can import into the game when it is released.

Any word on if this is still going to be released now that Beta 1 is over?

DoctorPelusa
11-16-2015, 05:00 PM
I just got gifted RollerCoasterTycon World, and I was really looking forward for the next beta phase, as I couldn't participate in Beta 1.
I'm relatively ok with the delay on the release date, as all the community was suggesting it, I understand that you've got enough information and bug reports to work with.
However I think, we'll all be really grateful if you gave the current owners of the game a partial "early access" to some of the content of the game, like the coaster creator as you are updating it. Maybe the flux of information and post is just too much to get anything from it, but maybe it's also a good way to get instant feedback on the changes you're introducing, while raising even more hype for the final release.
So please, even if you've delayed the release date, give us something to play around while we wait.

robinhsluis
11-16-2015, 05:18 PM
I just got gifted RollerCoasterTycon World, and I was really looking forward for the next beta phase, as I couldn't participate in Beta 1.
I'm relatively ok with the delay on the release date, as all the community was suggesting it, I understand that you've got enough information and bug reports to work with.
However I think, we'll all be really grateful if you gave the current owners of the game a partial "early access" to some of the content of the game, like the coaster creator as you are updating it. Maybe the flux of information and post is just too much to get anything from it, but maybe it's also a good way to get instant feedback on the changes you're introducing, while raising even more hype for the final release.
So please, even if you've delayed the release date, give us something to play around while we wait.

The problem with this, is that it only takes extra time for them to finish the game because peeps like you are demanding something in return of having bought the game already. You got gifted RCTW, so let's just stick with that for now huh? :) Let them do their work. We all want the game very badly but the longer the wait, the longer the gain. I hope this makes sense to you ^^

jkupitz79
11-16-2015, 05:56 PM
This was probably the best decision for the game, but it ruins my plans to give it as a Christmas present (and to play it over Christmas myself!). I hope it's worth the wait! Don't let us down!

jkupitz79
11-16-2015, 06:00 PM
YES! YES! YES! I would even settle for a "no-Coaster" version so I can play with the landscaping tools. Seriously...I'm REALLY excited and REALLY bummed that I have to wait.

1wolffan
11-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Mattlab, and Nvizzio...
I have to hand it to you. It is NOT easy to keep working on a project, when every time you think you've announced something good, you get shot down and/or torn to shreds. It can get downright depressing if it happens too often. I bet you were even more concerned about this particular news, because it didn't seem positive (to you guys) in the first place. If we got up in arms about good news, how would respond to bad news? Well...

I can tell you, along with most of the rest of this thread, that it may have been a tough decision, but it was certainly a good decision. You guys will work better with less time restrictions, the staff won't get burnt out as easily, and maybe ideas can flow a little more freely when there's breathing room.

--.Hang in there, keep doing your best, and try not to let haters get you down; as difficult as that can be to do.

CycloneGU
11-16-2015, 08:13 PM
The delay is fine with me if it means a more polished product.

There are two things I really want to see with the game:

1. Custom campaigns. That way, we can crearte full-fledged sets of scenarios around a single map where we can define different items available at different stages, and at the same time remove certain abilities (for instance, the county has placed a moratorium on coaster building, so you cannot build any kind of roller coaster at all for that scenario). The final scenario goals can be monstrous, such as having 3,000 peeps and 15 coasters and so on.

2. Grid on the ground itself. The thing I most hated in RCT3 was the default setting that caused ground to move with each inch of the mouse, slowly spending money if you went JUST too far or leaving uneven ground that peeps can't walk across. The grid snap setup needs to still be there like it was in RCT3, it shouldn't all be completely free.

DoctorPelusa
11-16-2015, 08:21 PM
The problem with this, is that it only takes extra time for them to finish the game because peeps like you are demanding something in return of having bought the game already. You got gifted RCTW, so let's just stick with that for now huh? :) Let them do their work. We all want the game very badly but the longer the wait, the longer the gain. I hope this makes sense to you ^^
Absolutely it makes sense, it's just i want something to play around during xmas; is it really so time demanding to share a commitment of the coaster editor, well that's something only developers know...
I'll be happy if they could do it, though no big crying if the choose not to...

CycloneGU
11-16-2015, 08:24 PM
Absolutely it makes sense, it's just i want something to play around during xmas; is it really so time demanding to share a commitment of the coaster editor, well that's something only developers know...
I'll be happy if they could do it, though no big crying if the choose not to...
You never know, they might make the next beta period during the Christmas timeframe itself, then end it and get to work on reported bugs.

Hidious
11-16-2015, 08:26 PM
Great decision. The most common reason games fail is do to them being rushed out. With a few additional months of development, this game is going to be great.

CycloneGU
11-16-2015, 11:38 PM
Mattlab or someone from Atari might want to update rollercoastertycoonworld.com - it still says December 10, 2015.

Narrox
11-17-2015, 10:25 AM
You never know, they might make the next beta period during the Christmas timeframe itself, then end it and get to work on reported bugs.

That's actually not a bad idea... This not only gives us enough time for testing but also allows us to have a little fun.
Since the community is mixed when it comes to EA, one could hope they decide to at least have the beta periods extended to a hole week as a minimum!

The way I would see early-access, would simply by releasing the betas they would have released anyways and then keep it running until the next beta is ready...

spritefan10
11-17-2015, 11:06 AM

It takes them extra time to open up the rollercoaster editor we were given as a beta?

No, I really don't think a couple of clicks to open that back up would hurt anyone or consume much time at all. They just don't want to because of 'financial' reasons. Which brings me back to the same reason they delayed the game in the first place, they weren't listening to the fans, they were looking at all the refunds they had and made a decision upon that.

If they were listening to the fans, they would have left the coaster builder they gave us a few weeks back open as the early access and let us keep using it until the game was released regardless of how many delays the game had.

Rctsteve
11-17-2015, 01:18 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WHY U DO DISS!!!!!!! was excited for the dec 10 but I guess ill have to wait some more. :/ . off to buy battlefront then.....

Wayne
11-17-2015, 02:29 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WHY U DO DISS!!!!!!! was excited for the dec 10 but I guess ill have to wait some more. :/ . off to buy battlefront then.....

Its all for the better Steve! :)

CycloneGU
11-17-2015, 02:49 PM
Its all for the better Steve! :)
^ That. Clearly improvements are needed for the final product, and that is a good thing for the developers to notice that and tell Atari "we need more time" rather than rushing it out unfinished. It looks better that way.

That said, even when they do release, they can still work on tweaks for a "Day 1" patch, if needed. But that should only happen with console games.

This also gives me time to start looking at some of the maps in the older games so I can reproduce some of them as custom secnarios or campaigns. I've decided on a new way of doing it that doesn't require me having two programs open at once, and it centers around using a full-map screenshot to quickly convert to a text format. I can then print out the "blueprint", if you will, and make the map with a cross-reference. The only thing I have to figure out is how to note the textures in each part of the map; I have in mind putting a number in each of four corners for each square, then the texture in the middle of the square. Something like this:

http://oi64.tinypic.com/x25mj7.jpg

It's easier to likely just do than to explain, but yes, the numbers are needed on every single corner connecting like that because some maps have them different in spots. Since I just plan to replicate without fixing - unless it causes problems, such as water not filling correctly or a coaster I'm trying to reconstruct not having enough space - I have to be accurate. LOL It will actually be wider somehow so I can throw in the park boundaries on the map, as well, but rides I would have to do separate mapping for while somehow noting where the ride is (I might just screenshot the station area).

1wolffan
11-17-2015, 07:41 PM
This also gives me time to start looking at some of the maps in the older games so I can reproduce some of them as custom secnarios or campaigns.
Ooh! Like The RCT Vault (http://www.mikeworleymusic.com/rct3/index.html) did? Only for RCTW!!! I can't wait! :D

Helena
11-17-2015, 08:25 PM
Ooh! Like The RCT Vault (http://www.mikeworleymusic.com/rct3/index.html) did? Only for RCTW!!! I can't wait! :D

Yes me like!

CycloneGU
11-17-2015, 08:40 PM

Yup, like that. There was a project for RCT2, then the slightly expanded one (some RCT2 scenarios and every original 21 scenerio) for RCT3. Now I want to see something for this.

BTW, look at the contributors there. Also, I think the Trinity Islands map there is my creation. Wowie, the water was a pain to do on that...

Nebulon Ranger
11-18-2015, 07:13 AM
3) LET US MORE FREEDOM

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Specifically, a set of XYZ transformation gizmos for scenery (if you've ever used a DCC app or even Unity itself, you know what these are) would be amazing.

koekeritis
11-18-2015, 10:50 AM
@Pentadact: I think programmers miss deadlines a lot because anyone who can see how long a project will really take wouldn't start it in the first place

(from twitter)

Joe Android
11-18-2015, 10:55 AM
3) LET US MORE FREEDOM

''·Freeform Object Placement: Control and place every single in-game object anywhere on the map at any angle. For our more casual users we are also providing ‘snap-to’ and ‘brush’ placement functionality to make this enhancement easy to use.''

This feature, that they said in the official page and Steam, in theory, is false, we saw that in the Beta, the annoying red colour of ''you can not do this''.

This must urgently change, I don't want another RCT3 with limitations, seriously they did not realize that?

CycloneGU
11-18-2015, 01:33 PM
''·Freeform Object Placement: Control and place every single in-game object anywhere on the map at any angle. For our more casual users we are also providing ‘snap-to’ and ‘brush’ placement functionality to make this enhancement easy to use.''

This feature, that they said in the official page and Steam, in theory, is false, we saw that in the Beta, the annoying red colour of ''you can not do this''.

This must urgently change, I don't want another RCT3 with limitations, seriously they did not realize that?
I'm all right with grid placement as what I will likely do is casually set up scenarios, and let others have the fun, but I will try to have some fun myself. The one thing that falsifies this statement, however: you can't place a tree in water, can you?

Joe Android
11-18-2015, 05:49 PM
I'm all right with grid placement as what I will likely do is casually set up scenarios, and let others have the fun, but I will try to have some fun myself. The one thing that falsifies this statement, however: you can't place a tree in water, can you?

This statement said ''anywhere on the map'', so is false, because I can't put a rock, for example, anywhere on the map, because appears the red message of ''you can't put this here''. Also I didn't see that ‘snap-to’ and ‘brush’ placement, because otherwise the fences had not been so difficult to put and align.

It seems that not,but the game still has limitations, like the coaster builder. Yes, they give more freedom in this game, but not what was promised, many things must be solved or redo, simply.

By the way, I did't try to put a tree in the water, I was just able to put vegetation and trees on the shore of a lake.

CycloneGU
11-18-2015, 05:54 PM
This statement said ''anywhere on the map'', so is false, because I can't put a rock, for example, anywhere on the map, because appears the red message of ''you can't put this here''. Also I didn't see that ‘snap-to’ and ‘brush’ placement, because otherwise the fences had not been so difficult to put and align.
Explain this further. Were you trying to place something outside the park boundaries? The limitation that you can't place stuff on land you don't own does make sense.

By the way, I did't try to put a tree in the water, I was just able to put vegetation and trees on the shore of a lake.
Nice, this is good then. Some of the original RCT maps have trees on tiles that are partially covered by water, so I should not have a problem placing those trees as a result. But as for using the beta right now, I thought the beta was closed ATM and unusable?

Joe Android
11-18-2015, 06:00 PM
Explain this further. Were you trying to place something outside the park boundaries? The limitation that you can't place stuff on land you don't own does make sense.
I don't put anything outside of the park, I was trying to put rocks, bushes, fences, next to each other, and often it was impossible, for the red message.

At least in RCT3 I could align the fences without any problem.

This is what they should solve. It is a shame that a 2015 game can have these limitations.

Nice, this is good then. Some of the original RCT maps have trees on tiles that are partially covered by water, so I should not have a problem placing those trees as a result. But as for using the beta right now, I thought the beta was closed ATM and unusable?

I was never interested in putting things under the water, it makes no sense to me, but for those who want to make a seabed, I guess that yes.

CycloneGU
11-18-2015, 08:01 PM
I was never interested in putting things under the water, it makes no sense to me, but for those who want to make a seabed, I guess that yes.
Exactly. It might be a park themed mostly around water rides. And maybe there are underwater paths again, meaning people can look out at coasters also in their own paths going through the water. Or something like that.

1wolffan
11-20-2015, 02:52 PM
Yup, like that. There was a project for RCT2, then the slightly expanded one (some RCT2 scenarios and every original 21 scenerio) for RCT3. Now I want to see something for this.

BTW, look at the contributors there. Also, I think the Trinity Islands map there is my creation. Wowie, the water was a pain to do on that...If that's your Trinity Islands, I'd like to personally thank you for working so hard on it. I've greatly enjoyed all the hard work on there, and have never been able to personally thank any of it's contributors before. :D

CycloneGU
11-20-2015, 11:21 PM
If that's your Trinity Islands, I'd like to personally thank you for working so hard on it. I've greatly enjoyed all the hard work on there, and have never been able to personally thank any of it's contributors before. :D

I checked the Readme in the ZIP file. Yup, I wrote that back in 2004. And I thought it was only nine years; more like eleven. Whee.

Thanks for those nice words, too. :) I'm working on a text file conversion of the Forest Frontiers map; I may get in the next pre-order beta and test the Scenario Editor section of the program. If it turns out the actual file format is one of the "final" items, I'm going to also get to work on Forest Frontiers before the game is even released so I have that ready for launch day after any necessary tweaking. :) My conversion so far is complete through the back portion behind the park (the entire park itself is flat, which is lucky, and in front not as detailed as the back). I think I'm going to jot down the details of every tree used and, if any are missing from the build, we have something to test with that part of the game when we get it. I really want to put together a team to work on these again, though the RCT Vault wasn't so much a team as it was individual contributors for what looks like a team effort. Either way, completing all 21 original scenarios was a great accomplishment in itself, and I was happy to see that done. I'd like to do those 21 at a minimum and as much of the expansions and RCT2 as possible in addition.

Big_Boy
11-25-2015, 07:01 AM
@Mattlab,

Maybe a good sugestion for the team, on the piece by piece building.

Would be nice if we create some loops or special part of rail with the coaster builder. That there is some sort of option to select a piece of the track and save it to re use that piece on the same coaster type over and over again whitout the need to reproduce it.

Kombiice
12-27-2015, 02:25 PM
"We are now targeting a second preview weekend for December" :(

Silvarret
12-27-2015, 03:05 PM
^ Check a more recent update, Mattlab said that the second beta weekend was moved in favor of private group tests.

magicart87
12-27-2015, 07:15 PM
"We are now targeting a second preview weekend for December" :(

From developer blog #27

RCTW is now being tested in small private group sessions to ensure we get everything right before our next public test. We’re gathering tons of useful data, and the reception so far has been fantastic. Thus we will be moving the public test to early next year.

Kombiice
12-28-2015, 11:37 AM
what how did i miss that o.O :D:D