PDA

View Full Version : RCT3 DirectX9 And stufff

GamenMetNoah
11-06-2015, 11:05 AM
Hello, I have a question. I really want to play Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (Deluxe) but it keeps saying i need Direct X 9. I have a windows 8.1 pc is there somewhere where i can download it? I tried https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/download/details.aspx?id=34429 but it only works for Windows 7 and lower (i think) Is there a other way or a way how i can fix that link to work? Error i have:

DirectX9 not found
This error has also been sent to Debug.log
OK: <Attempt to Continue> Cancel: <Exit>

I try clicking OK but it jsut does nothing. I dont know why its doing this. Also maybe more important info: It DOES work after a restart, because then my resolution changes and it shows the cursor of RCT3, But then instantly crashes and after that is keeps showing the error above. It just stops the program with "RCT3 is not responding, searching for a solution" and then it does nothing. I dont know why or how this is happening. I also tried running in compatible mode for Windows Me and Windows XP.
MAYBE IMPORTANT TOO:
Whenever install, it says it cant load (because corrupted??):

Readme.txt
Wild_Readme.txt
Soaked_Readme.txt
RCT3S_MANUAL_NDL (Wich IS inside the folder so why it says it cant idk????)
and some exe files that are for DIRECTX9 wich i installed using your link, but still doesnt work. Any solutions?

I also found this somewhere in a log in the RCT folder:
Unhandled exception "Access Violation" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon 3\RCT3plus.exe" at 0023:0045ab76
Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation
Help?

GamenMetNoah
11-06-2015, 11:22 AM
GPU: GeForce GTX 860M

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHZ

If its not right, does it mean i cant play the game? i really want to play this game D:

GamenMetNoah
11-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Your GPU needs to support DX9. What GPU do you have?

Does this GPU work?

GPU: GeForce GTX 860M

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHZ

If its not right, does it mean i cant play the game? i really want to play this game D:

ChipmunkAtariCS
02-11-2016, 03:11 PM
Hello,

Please send a support ticket at http://support.atari.com/ so that we can better assist you. Access the site and click on “Submit a help request”, select “Technical Support”, fill in your information and click on submit.

To better assist you with your issue, we would like to request a copy of your DXDiag to review. Please follow the steps below and paste the contents of the file into the ticket you submit.

To create a DXDiag report, follow these steps:

1. Click "Start" menu, then click "Run"
2. In the "Open" box, type: DXDiag (hit enter)
3. If this is your first time running DXDiag, click "Yes" to launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
4. Click "Save All Information" to create a DXDiag report.
5. Choose a name and location for the dump file (for ease of finding it we recommend the desktop) and click "Save".

Thank you for playing!