PDA

View Full Version : unable to start game again next day after installing with GOG or Steam same problem

ellykas
01-03-2015, 03:33 PM
I belong to both GOG and Steam. I purchased Roller Coaster Tycoon Platinum from one and again from the other.

I can play the game the first time, and again the same day couple hours later, then when I try to start game the next day, It won't start up again. sometimes it tells me it is already running or it won't start at all.

I have written both companies and tried all their patches, fixes etc. then I find I am in the same pickle, again

I have even gone so far as to get another operating system copy and start with a clean install hoping this will fix my problem,
It didn't. I am so frustrated, you just don't believe. I have windows 7 64 bit operating system. I'm really not crazy about Windows 8. I have 4 gigs ram, a video card, a 2.3 processor.

What else do I need to fix my problem?

My son, who puts my system together will not drop me down to Windows XP, stating that's not the problem. Maybe Atari has a solution. I have loved Rollercoaster Tycoon since it first came out and have enjoyed it, loving every hour I play. Please tell me what I can do?

Sangheili
02-02-2015, 03:58 PM
I have windows 7 64 bit operating system and it works fine (Steam version) can you play other games normally on Steam?

karlieleeanne
04-24-2015, 08:44 PM
can someone tell me if this is digital copy

savoytruffle98
05-01-2015, 11:24 AM
If you suspect it's the operating system, you can just set it to XP compatibility mode (right click on rct 3 .EXE file, under properties>compatibility)

ChipmunkAtariCS
02-11-2016, 04:49 PM
Hello,

Please send a support ticket at http://support.atari.com/ so that we can better assist you. Access the site and click on “Submit a help request”, select “Technical Support”, fill in your information and click on submit.

To better assist you with your issue, we would like to request a copy of your DXDiag to review. Please follow the steps below and paste the contents of the file into the ticket you submit.

To create a DXDiag report, follow these steps:

1. Click "Start" menu, then click "Run"
2. In the "Open" box, type: DXDiag (hit enter)
3. If this is your first time running DXDiag, click "Yes" to launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
4. Click "Save All Information" to create a DXDiag report.
5. Choose a name and location for the dump file (for ease of finding it we recommend the desktop) and click "Save".

Thank you for playing!