PDA

View Full Version : Wassup. [DashNK joins the Tycoons!]

DashNK
10-30-2015, 09:52 PM
Name's Dash. 'Been a fan of the Roller Coaster Tycoon series since around 2001-2003? My first game was RCT2 and its been a fan favorite ever since. got RCT3 not too long after, and now i'm joining the forums for RCTW. :)

Hope to enjoy my stay! Peace out.
-DashNK

Ireeb
10-30-2015, 09:56 PM
Welcome!
I am afraid to tell you that might be here for nothing. The first beta of RCTW has just been released, many forum users already cancelled their preorders and requested a refund (me included) because the coaster builder is extremely imprecise, unpredictable and just makes you angry.

DashNK
10-30-2015, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I can tell.. its majorly Buggy. I dont think it will be like that in the final version, though. :P

Ireeb
10-30-2015, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I can tell.. its majorly Buggy. I dont think it will be like that in the final version, though. :P

It's not bugs, the concept of the coaster builder is just bad and it is so hard to build a decent coaster, it's just no fun to use it. Every single thing I wanted to build went wrong. 180° curve: radius not constant. Helix: looks like an egg. Looping: Looks like a giant sat on it. Corkscrew: don't even ask.

DashNK
10-30-2015, 10:06 PM
It isnt bugs..?

Hum... in any case, I'm just gonna wait, I've been hyped for this and I think it will be better in the end, in my honest opinion. :P

Ireeb
10-30-2015, 10:09 PM
It isnt bugs..?

Hum... in any case, I'm just gonna wait, I've been hyped for this and I think it will be better in the end, in my honest opinion. :P

I was on these forums for such a long time, look how many posts I made, I waited for the game so long, I was hyped so much, since they promised that much, I was thinking about the game the whole time and that always made me happy.

Now I feel like I got a strike right into my heart because the game is no fun at all at the moment and I doubt that the time left of 2015 would be enough to fix these issues.

DashNK
10-30-2015, 10:16 PM
D= I don't know what to say..

Ireeb
10-30-2015, 10:21 PM
I am really sorry to bring you these bad news, but I am just so disappointed and sad right now as well. Look around the forums and see what other say, don't form your opinion only based on mine, but I know there man agreeing with me. Most part of my hope died, some people didn't give up on the game yet. I decided to wait for the release and look at it again to decide if I will buy it again or if I'll get planet coaster, did you take a look at that one already?

DashNK
10-30-2015, 10:27 PM
Never even heard of plant coaster.. ovo

I'll take a look around the forums and see what others have to say, though. thanks for the welcome!

JMR
11-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Welcome, DashNK!

It's not bugs, the concept of the coaster builder is just bad and it is so hard to build a decent coaster, it's just no fun to use it. Every single thing I wanted to build went wrong. 180° curve: radius not constant. Helix: looks like an egg. Looping: Looks like a giant sat on it. Corkscrew: don't even ask.

Ireeb, it is actually rather easy to build a good coaster.

I personally found it very easy once I got used to it. You can literally make the coaster any way you want.
I'll be uploading a POV of one I've made soon to prove it. It just takes some time to get used to the new spline-based system.

I personally found the coaster building very fun and very much look forward to the future of RCTW.

Stay tuned for that POV video ;)

Ireeb
11-07-2015, 09:18 AM
Welcome, DashNK!

Ireeb, it is actually rather easy to build a good coaster.

I personally found it very easy once I got used to it. You can literally make the coaster any way you want.
I'll be uploading a POV of one I've made soon to prove it. It just takes some time to get used to the new spline-based system.

I personally found the coaster building very fun and very much look forward to the future of RCTW.

Stay tuned for that POV video ;)

I played RCTW and I used NoLimits 2. NL2 is easy to use, RCTW isn't. If I compare them, RCTW is just ridiculous... The biggest difference I spotted is that RCTW always forces the tracks through the nodes, while NL2 uses nodes just as orientation. On that way you create rollercoasters much faster and they are so much smoother. In NL2 you can of course force tracks to actually go through a node as well, but that is not recommended because that results in weird shapes that would shake the passengers around. Also, what RCTW completely missed, was the option to type in coordinates for a node. It just takes so much more effort to build a decent coaster in RCTW than necessary.

SparkyUK
11-09-2015, 06:30 PM
D= I don't know what to say..

Don't listen to everything Ireeb says.
Just have a look in the Beta forum, there are plenty of us that actually managed to get something reasonably good out of the coaster editor. It is full of bugs, but there's enormous potential, too. If they can nail the bugs, it'll be a lot better. A number of us posted videos and screen-grabs of decent coasters that look little time to build. You'd not get anywhere near that in RCT3.

Keep your mind clear and try not to let the negative people cloud your judgement of it. After all, it's what you make of it, not what anyone else does! I haven't cancelled my pre-order as that's hardly supporting the franchise you want to work. They'll iron out the bugs and it'll be a lot more playable.

Did you pre-order? Will you be taking part in Beta 2?

Ireeb
11-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Don't listen to everything Ireeb says.
Just have a look in the Beta forum, there are plenty of us that actually managed to get something reasonably good out of the coaster editor. It is full of bugs, but there's enormous potential, too. If they can nail the bugs, it'll be a lot better. A number of us posted videos and screen-grabs of decent coasters that look little time to build. You'd not get anywhere near that in RCT3.

Keep your mind clear and try not to let the negative people cloud your judgement of it. After all, it's what you make of it, not what anyone else does! I haven't cancelled my pre-order as that's hardly supporting the franchise you want to work. They'll iron out the bugs and it'll be a lot more playable.

Did you pre-order? Will you be taking part in Beta 2?

I am not telling anyone what to believe, but I think they simplified the coaster builder a bit too much which makes it harder to build a coaster than necessary. You can't really build a good, realistic coaster without the heartline, that's the biggest problem so far. I will keep looking at the game, sceptical. If they bring meaningful improvements to the coaster builder I might get the game again, if I am not 100% it will be the right thing for me, I will wait for planet coaster.
Just to make it clear, here the things I personally believe are necessary in a coaster builder:
-Heartline
-Autobanking
-a assistant for Loops, Zero-G-Rolls, Corkscrews, Helices and so on. I don't think anyone here is able to build a Zero-G-Roll without help of the computer.
-Entering coordinates and angles for nodes by hand
-Ability to set speeds in actual units for lifts, launches and brakes. (e.g. in km/h)

SparkyUK
11-09-2015, 06:54 PM
I am not telling anyone what to believe, but I think they simplified the coaster builder a bit too much which makes it harder to build a coaster than necessary. You can't really build a good, realistic coaster without the heartline, that's the biggest problem so far. I will keep looking at the game, sceptical. If they bring meaningful improvements to the coaster builder I might get the game again, if I am not 100% it will be the right thing for me, I will wait for planet coaster.
Just to make it clear, here the things I personally believe are necessary in a coaster builder:
-Heartline
-Autobanking
-a assistant for Loops, Zero-G-Rolls, Corkscrews, Helices and so on. I don't think anyone here is able to build a Zero-G-Roll without help of the computer.
-Entering coordinates and angles for nodes by hand
-Ability to set speeds in actual units for lifts, launches and brakes. (e.g. in km/h)

It's a beta though, so not all of it is working or present.
Totally agree that there are some assistance tools needed, for zero rolls etc. And the measurement units for chain lifts, brakes and boosters do indeed need to be in mph/kph and not just how hard you want to boost/brake.

I don't agree with those stating it's crap and doesn't work. Enough people have got good things out of it, despite having to work around all the bugs, and that camera. That camera is half the problem for me. It just fights you.

But it still shows much more potential, and going back to RCT3 after it felt like I was going backward.

DashNK
11-09-2015, 06:58 PM
@SparkyUK

Okay, thanks for the advice :)

Yep! I pre-ordered because what I had been hearing about RCTW kept getting better and better. and then I heard about beta access. I have been hyped for it since I heard about the game in the first place, anyway.

I sure am going to participate in Beta 2, as well.

Ireeb
11-09-2015, 07:06 PM
It's a beta though, so not all of it is working or present.
Totally agree that there are some assistance tools needed, for zero rolls etc. And the measurement units for chain lifts, brakes and boosters do indeed need to be in mph/kph and not just how hard you want to boost/brake.

I don't agree with those stating it's crap and doesn't work. Enough people have got good things out of it, despite having to work around all the bugs, and that camera. That camera is half the problem for me. It just fights you.

But it still shows much more potential, and going back to RCT3 after it felt like I was going backward.

The biggest flaw to me is still the heartline. Every, and I mean EVERY coaster that is designed today is based on the heartline. It is primitive to shape the track themselves, today you shape the tracks around the heartline. On that way the coaster is very smooth and it won't break their passenger's necks. I am still very shocked that they just ignored that, I feel like they did no research on how rollercoasters are designed. Frontier had an actual coaster designer (John Wardley) in their team for RCT3, I feel like someone like that is missing in their team right now.
If they just bring an heartline mode and the "assistant" for special parts (with assistant I mean something were you can select e.g. the radius of the loop and then it creates one based on the values you typed in), the coaster builder would become so much more powerful. I would actually use heartline as standard mode and explain what that means in an tutorial, because it is not too hard to understand but, I really can't say it too often, it allows you to build realistic, professional coasters.

DashNK
11-09-2015, 07:10 PM
The biggest flaw to me is still the heartline. Every, and I mean EVERY coaster that is designed today is based on the heartline. It is primitive to shape the track themselves, today you shape the tracks around the heartline. On that way the coaster is very smooth and it won't break their passenger's necks. I am still very shocked that they just ignored that, I feel like they did no research on how rollercoasters are designed. Frontier had an actual coaster designer (John Wardley) in their team for RCT3, I feel like someone like that is missing in their team right now.
If they just bring an heartline mode and the "assistant" for special parts (with assistant I mean something were you can select e.g. the radius of the loop and then it creates one based on the values you typed in), the coaster builder would become so much more powerful. I would actually use heartline as standard mode and explain what that means in an tutorial, because it is not too hard to understand but, I really can't say it too often, it allows you to build realistic, professional coasters.

I think what SparkyUK is trying to say is, in fact, We have to wait for more features.

The coaster editor wasn't there at its full capacity, because the coaster editor itself, was in it's beta, Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: So, in other words, Maybe next beta they would add it.

Ireeb
11-09-2015, 07:16 PM
I think what SparkyUK is trying to say is, in fact, We have to wait for more features.

The coaster editor wasn't there at its full capacity, because the coaster editor itself, was in it's beta, Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: So, in other words, Maybe next beta they would add it.

I just expected that this, because it is so important, will be in the beta, because it is not just a feature, it is a basic concept of how coasters are designed. I am just hoping that this will be added and all the other flaws that the game still has, I really hope the game will become a good game, but at the moment it is too far beneath my expectations, I was just disappointed and sad after playing the beta. I refunded it, but I can still buy it again.