PDA

View Full Version : Maximum size of parks?

Marvin
12-31-2014, 03:27 PM
Has there been any information on this? It would be nice to know if we will be able to accurately recreate parks, like Magic Kingdom for example (which is 107 acres).

towerslover
12-31-2014, 04:06 PM
Alton Towers is Circa 700.

magicart87
12-31-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm fairly certain larger maps will be possible in RCTWorld.

The game engine should allow for better depth of field, with algorithms to render far away rides and coasters as hazy lower polygon objects with hinted animations. Low polygon count means faster frames per second AND lower CPU usage WHICH equals more space allotted to build a bigger park. (If the map/grid is made larger)

In contrast, RCT3's biggest issue with park size was the game engine's inability to multitask effectively. RCT3's engine would render a swaying balloon behind a building behind a roller coaster, even if we don't see it. It rendered everything!!! Every little animation and object off-frame that we don't see anyway took up valuable CPU/GPU usage and lowered our FPS rates to a snail's pace. It's my understanding that the developers created a smaller park map in RCT3 to alleviate the engines shortcomings with that issue. CPU usage kills BIG parks...so they made the map SMALL.

I guess we'll see.