PDA

View Full Version : RCTW - Blog #22 - Welcome to the First RollerCoaster Tycoon World Beta Weekend!

Mattlab
10-30-2015, 05:39 PM
http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/RCTW-Marketing-Shot-02.png (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/RCTW-Marketing-Shot-02.png)A spooky themed screenshot for Halloween! Happy Halloween!

It’s time to build some coasters! As mentioned in our previous blog (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-21-the-first-rollercoaster-tycoon-world-beta-weekend-is-coming-october-30th/), if you have pre-ordered RCTW (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/buy/) you can log into Steam at 6PM Eastern today, Friday 10/30/2015, and play the RollerCoaster Tycoon World Beta! The Beta will run until 1PM Eastern Monday 11/2/2015. Fire up those computers and get in there – it’s time to play some RollerCoaster Tycoon World!

BEFORE YOU BEGIN, WATCH OUR TWITCH STREAM

With any new experience, it’s always good to have a few tips and tricks available before jumping in. First off, you should watch our Twitch stream (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoMzFcSHin8hpsrESdt1syugmYv6MsiK6) from yesterday to get an overview of the Beta. The purpose of this Beta is primarily to test out the key features of the coaster builder and associated systems. We want you to focus on the tool functionalities and provide us feedback on your experience (CLICK HERE TO GO DIRECTLY TO THE BETA 1 FORUM (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/forumdisplay.php?39-Beta-Weekend-1)). More details on the exact contents of the Beta can be found in last week's blog (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-21-the-first-rollercoaster-tycoon-world-beta-weekend-is-coming-october-30th/).

I want to specifically mention that for Halloween all of our peeps have turned into… GHOSTS! Don’t be spooked! As we finish our last rounds of peep polish, we thought we’d include a little nod to the “spirit” of the season with these spectral guests.

Additionally, please keep in mind that we have not completed our final optimization pass, as this is typically reserved for the phase of development that we are now entering. This means that it’s possible that you may not always have an optimal frame-rate depending on your hardware configuration. By playing the Beta you will actually be helping us optimize RCTW, as we’re using in-game tools and Steam to collect hardware configurations to help us tweak the final game. Additionally, we are working with our compatibility lab as well as graphics card manufacturers on a daily basis to improve framerates and visuals. You can find updated system requirements on our Steam Page (http://store.steampowered.com/app/282560/) for the game.

Any specific hints or guides developed throughout the weekend will be posted HERE (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?5654-Beta-Weekend-1-Hints-Known-Issues) so be sure to check that thread before starting out.

JOIN US ON THE FORUMS – GIVE US FEEDBACK

Already playing? Awesome! We want to hear your thoughts. Join us in the official RollerCoaster Tycoon World forums and post your Beta 1 feedback. (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/forumdisplay.php?39-Beta-Weekend-1) Anyone from our community is free to post! Our entire team is going to be reading those comments throughout the weekend and coming weeks so be sure to let us know what you like, don’t like, any suggestions, etc. We need to know both the positives and the negatives. BUT we ask that you please keep feedback related to what you find in the Beta. The following Beta will give you the opportunity to provide additional feedback on other aspects of the game.

BUG REPORTING

Notice a bug? Report it! Visit our official public bug tracker – HERE. (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/forumdisplay.php?40-Beta-Weekend-1-Bug-Tracker) Record all the relevant details and our QA team will get on it! This is a super important part of the Beta and we really want you to report bugs to us if you find them. Remember to include a screenshot or video if possible and MOST IMPORTANTLY – steps to reproduce the bugs you identify.

BETA WEEKEND 1 COASTER CONTEST

Finally, we know you all are going to build some AMAZING coasters this weekend and we want to reward you for that. Record a 1 minute long video of your best coaster creation and post the video on the RCTW Alienware Arena page here:https://na.alienwarearena.com/groups/rollercoaster-tycoon-world/videos, and you will be entered to WIN AN ALIENWARE STEAM MACHINE! 10 runner-ups will win a RCTW t-shirt. You must enter by November 6, 2015. Then get all your friends to vote on your video and join us in November as we livestream the top videos and pick the winners with you. Your creativity, votes, plus our votes will crown the ultimate coaster designer from the first Beta! Official rules can be found here (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-contest-official-rules-rollercoaster-tycoon-world-create-and-share-contest/). Discussion of the contest can be found HERE (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?5635-Alienware-Coaster-Contest-Make-a-Cool-Coaster-Video-in-Beta-1-Win-a-Steam-Machine).

Above all else – enjoy this first Beta test and see you on the forums (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/forum.php), twitter (https://twitter.com/officialrct), and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/rollercoastertycoon/?ref=bookmarks)!

Cheers,
Mattlab
Team RCTW

Marvin
10-30-2015, 05:40 PM
Excited to see what comes from this!

RctwUltraFan
10-30-2015, 05:42 PM
18 min OH MY GOD

The Stig
10-30-2015, 05:44 PM
Those balloons, tho :D

Kombiice
10-30-2015, 05:45 PM
wohoo just a few mins !!

Joe Android
10-30-2015, 05:45 PM
I'm dying, man!!

Great, great and great! I'm too excited and I love this image!! :o:cool:

Philmon11
10-30-2015, 05:46 PM
We're so close! Omg!

lmddawson
10-30-2015, 05:47 PM
After all this time! Can't wait!

Sidney
10-30-2015, 05:48 PM
I forget that you should post an post but more HYPE!

The Stig
10-30-2015, 05:48 PM
Okay, dumb question but:
Is there a button that just pops up in Steam when this thing starts?

Kombiice
10-30-2015, 05:51 PM
can we have a RCTW live chat in the forums ??

ddrplaya4638
10-30-2015, 05:54 PM
Mattlab in the final game can we have signs at the beginning of the queue lines with the names of the ride?

JCat_NYC
10-30-2015, 05:55 PM
Okay, dumb question but:
Is there a button that just pops up in Steam when this thing starts?

It should be highlight-able once it's live - (in your library), as it's currently ghosted, and I'm assuming the download button will appear once clicked (I've seen this before in Steam). T-minus 5 minutes.

CaseyCBeard
10-30-2015, 05:57 PM
3 minutes and counting!

Indominus
10-30-2015, 05:58 PM
2 minutes and its time to play :)

mrbrightside
10-30-2015, 05:59 PM
Thanks for that update! :) I'm so excited waiting in front of my pc for the beta to go online :D Can't wait anymore!

Have fun guys!

Airboss
10-30-2015, 06:00 PM
Its 6.. WHERE IS IT??

freez99313
10-30-2015, 06:00 PM
2 minutes and its time to play :)

It's 6... :D

intoxination
10-30-2015, 06:11 PM
Downloading now!

For those that can't find it.

- Close out the Steam client.
- Reopen
- Go to Library
- Click on RCTW.
- Install button should be there.

Joe Android
10-30-2015, 06:19 PM
I'm downloading the BETA now!!

Only 2.1 GB, so it's fast to download! :cool:

ShadowWalkerA
10-30-2015, 06:40 PM
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I've downloaded the beta, and when I launch it, it goes through Atari, then Nvizzio, then after a little bit, a message pops up saying Rollercoaster Tycoon World.exe has crashed. I don't know how I would fix this.
System Specs:
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.150930-1750)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: 550-047c
BIOS: 80.06
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12192MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Indominus
10-30-2015, 06:42 PM
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I've downloaded the beta, and when I launch it, it goes through Atari, then Nvizzio, then after a little bit, a message pops up saying Rollercoaster Tycoon World.exe has crashed. I don't know how I would fix this.
System Specs:
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.150930-1750)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: 550-047c
BIOS: 80.06
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12192MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

The same thing happened with me.

Alpha32
10-30-2015, 06:42 PM
Wait, the UK can't take part in the contest? What the hell. Way to crap all over the UK fans

ShadowWalkerA
10-30-2015, 06:46 PM
I was so hyped, too.

0BobTheJanitor
10-30-2015, 07:15 PM
Wait, the UK can't take part in the contest? What the hell. Way to crap all over the UK fans

They've done that a lot with their contests. At first I thought it was legal and shipping reasons, but they've had plenty of time to prepare this one, so... I don't know.

ddef12
10-30-2015, 09:24 PM

There is a lot of people experiencing this. I had the same problem. This should be in the beta bugs forum but what I did was just wait. Don't click anywhere even though it looks frozen. It's working and will pop up eventually.

CreamyBeef
10-30-2015, 10:15 PM
The wooden coaster is lazy, horrible, godawful. The SUPPORTS DON'T EVEN TOUCH THE TRACK. Very unimpressed.

RandyChimp
10-30-2015, 10:17 PM
Some feedback would be great, considering the mixed reaction this Beta is getting.

Jesse074
10-30-2015, 11:14 PM
The POV camera is not working for me for almost most of the times! Im using a 4k screen but that shouldt be a problem right. In other words: i cannot ride my builded coasters! Ive seen it in vids on youtube to on other users that the camera does not always work.

Epic Wink
10-31-2015, 12:09 AM
It's spelt "runners-up", not "runner-ups" :D

loans
10-31-2015, 05:23 AM
i also want to be able to participate in the content.

robinhsluis
10-31-2015, 07:45 AM
Seems like there's still a lot to fix... right now i only read negative comments. Camera doesn't work, supports don't touch the tracks...

Hanazakari86
10-31-2015, 12:34 PM
its so limited ,,,I feel like I can't make the biggest coaster,,because coasters are being damaged quickly !

Liszt
10-31-2015, 03:54 PM
The support rails were irritating, they moved into positions which caused the coaster to crash into them, on other sections of the track.

Trying to adjust the height of the station was awkward because it's hovering when you place it, it's a nice effect but makes it awkward.

When coasters crash you have to wait for them to disappear before you can edit the track, or they just stay there on the ground and act as an obstacle.

The inability to ride in first person view when testing the ride is annoying, and was a great feature in rct3.

Frame rate was disappointing, and I have a good system so shouldn't have been an issue.

Graphics weren't as good as expected, but I'm guessing there on low specs just for the beta.

Also adjusting the chain lift speed was strange as the control half hid behind the track.

Also sound whilst riding in first person wasn't working properly.

Now for the good points. The functioning of the coaster designer was impressive, I think if you could also add track pieces like in rct3 it would be great, all in all once I got used to it, it was easy and enjoyed it, just a little bit awkward for short changes of direction though.

I think it's good altogether, but just a few glitches that need sorting, it's looking good, I think if you look past the glitches, it is actually a solid game, so we shall see for the next beta.

lohansony
11-01-2015, 06:16 AM
The support rails were irritating, they moved into positions which caused the coaster to crash into them, on other sections of the track.

Trying to adjust the height of the station was awkward because it's hovering when you place it, it's a nice effect but makes it awkward.

When coasters crash you have to wait for them to disappear before you can edit the track, or they just stay there on the ground and act as an obstacle.

The inability to ride in first person view when testing the ride is annoying, and was a great feature in rct3.

Frame rate was disappointing, and I have a good system so shouldn't have been an issue.

Graphics weren't as good as expected, but I'm guessing there on low specs just for the beta.

Also adjusting the chain lift speed was strange as the control half hid behind the track.

Also sound whilst riding in first person wasn't working properly.

Now for the good points. The functioning of the coaster designer was impressive, I think if you could also add track pieces like in rct3 it would be great, all in all once I got used to it, it was easy and enjoyed it, just a little bit awkward for short changes of direction though.

I think it's good altogether, but just a few glitches that need sorting, it's looking good, I think if you look past the glitches, it is actually a solid game, so we shall see for the next beta.

I watched a video of someone playing and it showed all of this... Maybe it was you?

fergt
11-01-2015, 03:09 PM
Este beta tiene varios fallos, la construcción es muy diferente a RCT3 :D , espero que el siguiente beta sea mejor, pero lo que no me gusto :( es que el color en general del juego es demasiado pálido, no tiene intensidad y es muy triste y aburrido.

Indominus
11-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Tomorrow I'll post my final review of the beta.

robinhsluis
11-01-2015, 03:25 PM
it is remarkably silent on the forum... no one has time to share their thoughts it seems...

Hanazakari86
11-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Iam sure they have to engance the color of the grass
And please make it easy to build som fences ,, it take all of my ttime

And how to make the coaster that goes up-side down ?? Press ???
These things are made easy in RCT3

Cigfu
11-02-2015, 12:54 PM
I played a bit of the beta with a friend, and to be honest, I'm a little more than disappointed. I won't mention the name of the software I'm talking about, but when you're adopting an editor style that has almost been perfected by an indie developer, a developer with a lot more resources and a lot more funding is expected to equal or surpass that quality and functionality. I know you're trying to balance out functionality with user ability, but what we've ended up with is a system that limits people who're experienced with coaster design and the people who're new to the entire experience. I spend up to a week designing coasters with a pencil, a few setsquares, a pocket calculator and a large sheet of paper before creating the coaster in other software; if I honestly find the software clunky and almost unusable, I can't imagine what people who're new to not only this franchise, but new to this style of editor will think of it. The editor left me with a bad taste in my mouth, and I'm sure new players will find it interesting at first, but as soon as they try and create something that somewhat resembles a real coaster, they'll find themselves fighting with the software rather than thinking, panning and creating. I know it's only early bata, but from what I've seen so far, there's simply no way you'll have a functioning game in time for the release date. I know the publisher wants to get this game out of the studio before the end of the year, but if it's anywhere near its current state, it will be more than a complete failure.

The solution: delay it. There's reason to be hyped for a game that's complete and polished, but if there's any plan to rush this any further, it will cause even more people to lose trust in the project and faith in the franchise. Releasing a bad game simply because there was a strict deadline does more than hurt the fans, it hurts the publisher, the developer and the entire franchise. A possible solution is to scrap the release date and switch to an early access program; that way the game can stay profitable while increasing user feedback. You'd be able to learn what works, what doesn't, what needs fixing first and what content is needed. Rollercoaster Tycoon World isn't on its own, it's competing with other similar games and Simulators that have a lot more open dialogue and quickly growing interest, it's important to remember this.

Marvin
11-02-2015, 01:39 PM
I played a bit of the beta with a friend, and to be honest, I'm a little more than disappointed. I won't mention the name of the software I'm talking about, but when you're adopting an editor style that has almost been perfected by an indie developer, a developer with a lot more resources and a lot more funding is expected to equal or surpass that quality and functionality. I know you're trying to balance out functionality with user ability, but what we've ended up with is a system that limits people who're experienced with coaster design and the people who're new to the entire experience. I spend up to a week designing coasters with a pencil, a few setsquares, a pocket calculator and a large sheet of paper before creating the coaster in other software; if I honestly find the software clunky and almost unusable, I can't imagine what people who're new to not only this franchise, but new to this style of editor will think of it. The editor left me with a bad taste in my mouth, and I'm sure new players will find it interesting at first, but as soon as they try and create something that somewhat resembles a real coaster, they'll find themselves fighting with the software rather than thinking, panning and creating. I know it's only early bata, but from what I've seen so far, there's simply no way you'll have a functioning game in time for the release date. I know the publisher wants to get this game out of the studio before the end of the year, but if it's anywhere near its current state, it will be more than a complete failure.

The solution: delay it. There's reason to be hyped for a game that's complete and polished, but if there's any plan to rush this any further, it will cause even more people to lose trust in the project and faith in the franchise. Releasing a bad game simply because there was a strict deadline does more than hurt the fans, it hurts the publisher, the developer and the entire franchise. A possible solution is to scrap the release date and switch to an early access program; that way the game can stay profitable while increasing user feedback. You'd be able to learn what works, what doesn't, what needs fixing first and what content is needed. Rollercoaster Tycoon World isn't on its own, it's competing with other similar games and Simulators that have a lot more open dialogue and quickly growing interest, it's important to remember this.

Excellent post.

Haazo
11-02-2015, 05:00 PM
For the fence placement I feel placing each individual fence is a bit time consuming. I think if a click and drag system was added as a option it would definitely help a lot.

Big_Boy
11-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Well i managed to play 1 hour on the beta, this wasn't expect to happen cause of my busy weekend on Halloween. There is still some work to do, but i see a lot off people that are going over the edge. We knew before there where going to be bugs, and it was a beta.

Playing a beta is to find or notice problems in the game, not for relaxing gaming hours ... Beta testing is a essential part of game i do believe in the team that they will solve all the big issue before the next beta so the editor gets smooth for everyone.

Offcourse, the game looks verry good, knowing it still is a beta ...

Thx, for that 1 hour today before the end of the beta :).

The Stig
11-02-2015, 08:17 PM
Final Thoughts on the Coaster Editor

In the new coaster building system, there are many things you must constantly keep in mind. The obvious being the new safety rating. I found myself thinking, "Is this slope too steep? Will the train be able to handle this curve?" And that led to lots of testing. LOTS of testing.

And then comes the shaping. As I've mentioned before, the new coaster editor is capable of creating almost any shape that I could've imagined. But getting that shape to be just right requires the extra work and patience to pull it off. You may have a beautifully crafted loop, only to find out that the train travels around it just a little too fast. That means that you have to carefully raise and re-position all your nodes, and look at your track from every angle to ensure that it's exactly the shape that you want.

Lastly, the supports. They don't disappear. They might change in style, but you will never have a large portion of track floating in mid-air. To make things more challenging, you must navigate around supports and track to keep your trains from colliding with them. This requires lots of mental planning and trial and error. You may want to build a hill over an existing part of track only to have the hill's support fall onto the track underneath. Therefore, you need to make careful adjustments to ensure that the new supports don't interfere with the train's path.

There were times when I was frustrated. There were times when things didn't go as I planned. There were times when I had to re-design a part of my coaster many, many times, to the point where I almost wanted to quit. But I kept at it, all for that one successful test run on a beautifully detailed, hand-crafted coaster - imagined, designed, engineered, and tested by me. Overall, I felt immersed.

So let me say this one more time, because I think it needs to be said:

Thank you, Atari and Nvizzio, for creating the most REALISTIC coaster engineering/design simulation I've ever played.

jerseygrrll
11-02-2015, 10:54 PM

In the new coaster building system, there are many things you must constantly keep in mind. The obvious being the new safety rating. I found myself thinking, "Is this slope too steep? Will the train be able to handle this curve?" And that led to lots of testing. LOTS of testing.

And then comes the shaping. As I've mentioned before, the new coaster editor is capable of creating almost any shape that I could've imagined. But getting that shape to be just right requires the extra work and patience to pull it off. You may have a beautifully crafted loop, only to find out that the train travels around it just a little too fast. That means that you have to carefully raise and re-position all your nodes, and look at your track from every angle to ensure that it's exactly the shape that you want.

Lastly, the supports. They don't disappear. They might change in style, but you will never have a large portion of track floating in mid-air. To make things more challenging, you must navigate around supports and track to keep your trains from colliding with them. This requires lots of mental planning and trial and error. You may want to build a hill over an existing part of track only to have the hill's support fall onto the track underneath. Therefore, you need to make careful adjustments to ensure that the new supports don't interfere with the train's path.

There were times when I was frustrated. There were times when things didn't go as I planned. There were times when I had to re-design a part of my coaster many, many times, to the point where I almost wanted to quit. But I kept at it, all for that one successful test run on a beautifully detailed, hand-crafted coaster - imagined, designed, engineered, and tested by me. Overall, I felt immersed.

Thank you, Atari and Nvizzio, for creating the most REALISTIC coaster engineering/design simulation I've ever played.

Absolutely!

+1

DonSPa
11-03-2015, 12:12 AM
i agree with stig,i actually enjoyed it once I learned how to run the editor.But as ive said in another post I do agree theres still lots of work to be done.One thing about the supports ill add is when riding in coaster cam always seemed to be places that looked like we ran into a support.The game has the potential and hopefully by December we will have a much more polished game and already hoping that the community will have some good cs as we will defenently need more items and especially stations I hope we get a few right away than just the ones we have

Big_Boy
11-03-2015, 02:17 AM

the first coaster i build was idd a dissaster, but after some try's you get idd the hang of it. It feels so smoot now when you build a master piece :).

Knobs
11-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Hi guys,

I followed everything from the beginning to this stage and i must say i have mixed feelings.
About the stream :

Please make a promo park of what rctw is capable of...
This was painfull to watch and i got a bit irritated from the shallow perspective and bad coaster handling.
This was a bit of a chaotic mess.
But it as awesome to see what will be rctw. In the future, but not now yet .

About the game :

Great build, seriously, it's a great turnaround... But it's definitly not ready to release yet.
I would say, stop the press and give it the time it needs to perfect things... again.

I saw too much restrictions and bugs that will probably not make it untill release.

- Annoying placing fences and scenery - Restrictions all over the place.
- Pov camera bugs out
- No stairs !
- No undo button
- Weird support gaps / glitches
- No tunnels!
- No water rides - Pools - water based coaster elements
( Now i can't make my waterpool mountain tunnel scenery park :( )

I know you guys mentioned it that you are working on that after the first release, and that those are technically a hard matter to overcome, but then again, those are exactly the features that will make the fanbase happy and satisfied.

It's seriously a piece of art that will grow over time, with the mods and the custom scenery.
But this base game is not ready yet. It would be a shame to release it like this, not even with a month of heavy work.
Put it back in the oven. Again. I believe it's not ready yet.

Thanks for the pr turnaround ! It's awesome ...
Don't get the opinions wrong, its looking way way way way better the before, i'm still stoked.
Great work and seriously, this is going to be leading game, but only when you've maxed out the capabilities.

It needs more polishing and content/function creation.
You can make DLC's and i will buy them...
But upgrade the base game first ....
Otherwise it would just feel like another money grabbing fast produced game.
Thanks. We know it's in good hands, but please listen to our remarks.

A big fan.

Indominus
11-03-2015, 01:55 PM

I completely agree!

Big_Boy
11-03-2015, 06:00 PM
Well i seems surprised :o. I found the standard basic config for RCTW.

Quality setting was only set on 3 ... all extra stuf was set false.

"Version": 2.7,
"SunShaftsEnabled": false,
"ColorCorrectionEnabled": false,
"FogEnabled": false,
"HBAOEnabled": false,
"BloomEnabled": false,
"DepthOfFieldEnabled": false,
"AntiAliasingEnabled": false,
"ToneMappingEnabled": false,
"AlienFXEnabled": false,
"AdvanceTime": false,
"inputModeActionBindings": [...],
"NumberOfActionSetBindings": 24,
"GraphicsOptions": {
"CurrentDisplayMode": 1,
"CurrentVSyncLevel": 1,
"CurrentShadowState": 1,
"QualitySetting": 3,
"CurrentShadowDistance": 2,
"CurrentAnisotropicFiltering": 1,
"CurrentAntiAliasing": 1,
"CurrentResolution": {
"width": 2560,
"height": 1440,
"refreshRate": 59
}
},
"GameplayOptions": {
"IsEdgeScrollingEnabled": false,
"ScreenEdgeSensitivity": 0.5,
"MouseSensitivity": 0.5,
"InvertMouseYAxis": false,
"ShowGuidePopups": true,
"AutoOpenChirperMessages": true,
"IsCameraClippingEnabled": true,
"IsImperialEnabled": false,
"IsPeepsSpeechBubblesActive": true,
"LanguageName": "Dutch"
},
"AudioOptions": {
"MainVolume": 1.0,
"MusicVolume": 1.0,
"AmbientVolume": 1.0,
"EffectsVolume": 1.0,
"UserInterfaceVolume": 1.0,
"ChirperVolume": 1.0
}

even edge scrolling was being dissabled :o knowing that ... the game looked pretty good i don't want know when everything is on full and enabled :).

The Stig
11-03-2015, 06:30 PM

That's a pretty big find! You're proving that the graphics get even better than the beta? That deserves it's own thread!
Go make one, please!

ddrplaya4638
11-03-2015, 06:33 PM
That's amazing!!!!!!!

Joe Android
11-03-2015, 06:37 PM

Quality setting was only set on 3 ... all extra stuf was set false.

even edge scrolling was being dissabled :o knowing that ... the game looked pretty good i don't want know when everything is on full and enabled :).

Wow!! Great!! So this means that we will see better textures than in the BETA? :O

Devant
11-03-2015, 07:23 PM
It looks like all the bad reviews are getting softer and softer sometimes to turn into good ones. :)

shirty
11-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Nice, while I found the graphics to be satisfactory, they could be a little better.
My only real issue was the shadow distance, get up high and look down on the world and you saw this ugly ring where the shadows stopped, I want MOAR,

The Stig
11-03-2015, 08:28 PM
It looks like all the bad reviews are getting softer and softer sometimes to turn into good ones. :)

That was bound to happen after so many members decided to rage quit during the beta.

maxfreak
11-04-2015, 01:26 AM

QFT! The feeling of satisfaction after creating the perfect ride is immense. It's tough, but honestly those hours flew by and never once did I think I was taking to long to do so. It was great zooming around my newly furnished ride and saying "Damn! RCT has never looked better!" as the gorgeous new trees swayed in the wind, and I followed by beautifully crafted twisted track around the hillside. So pumped for the whole experience!

Big_Boy
11-04-2015, 02:15 AM
Like the config files looks now it seems possible to increas picture quality.

Besides that i did love the look already, know i do for sure :).

Cigfu
11-04-2015, 11:17 AM
That was bound to happen after so many members decided to rage quit during the beta.

I didn't, simply because I have some faith in Atari. I just really think they shouldn't stick to the release date and switch over to Early Access. This isn't a story driven FPS, it's a management simulator with a wide array of features and aspects that need to be tuned and perfected. With a release date set in stone, you're basically given a short space of time to polish things up, and once it's released, anything that isn't polished will be instantly recognized and attacked as a failure by people who purchased the game; even if it's patched at a later time. We're already seeing people leave the community and request refunds on steam, because the release date is in the back of everyone's minds and many people (myself included) can't see even the largest studio in the world perfecting everything in time. If Atari worked out some scheme where the people who participated in the previous bata get a tester version while the people who later join the early access program get a standard beta, I personally believe a lot of mistrust towards Atari would dissipate over time; this would also give the community a better understanding of the engine and a better platform to produce custom scenery and rides. The only downside to this is the idea that there would be an attitude of "Seen this, done that" by the time the game is actually released, which has happened to some other Early Access titles on steam.
I would like to see at least one person at Atari explain if the Beta version was the latest version, how much content has and hasn't been shown, and if an Early Access program is viable.
I'd also like to remind Atari that "These things, they take time." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6yBHDvKUw)

Joe Android
11-04-2015, 11:50 AM
I didn't, simply because I have some faith in Atari. I just really think they shouldn't stick to the release date and switch over to Early Access. This isn't a story driven FPS, it's a management simulator with a wide array of features and aspects that need to be tuned and perfected. With a release date set in stone, you're basically given a short space of time to polish things up, and once it's released, anything that isn't polished will be instantly recognized and attacked as a failure by people who purchased the game; even if it's patched at a later time. We're already seeing people leave the community and request refunds on steam, because the release date is in the back of everyone's minds and many people (myself included) can't see even the largest studio in the world perfecting everything in time. If Atari worked out some scheme where the people who participated in the previous bata get a tester version while the people who later join the early access program get a standard beta, I personally believe a lot of mistrust towards Atari would dissipate over time; this would also give the community a better understanding of the engine and a better platform to produce custom scenery and rides. The only downside to this is the idea that there would be an attitude of "Seen this, done that" by the time the game is actually released, which has happened to some other Early Access titles on steam.
I would like to see at least one person at Atari explain if the Beta version was the latest version, how much content has and hasn't been shown, and if an Early Access program is viable.
I'd also like to remind Atari that "These things, they take time." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6yBHDvKUw)

I do not think that the BETA version was the latest version, missing many things like more variety of pre-built coaster tracks and some coaster types like crazy mouse/junior coaster, that we saw in an image that in fact has been removed from these forums.

The Stig
11-04-2015, 11:53 AM
Hardly past the beta and the game is already getting hacked and modded.

Nebulon Ranger
11-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Hardly past the beta and the game is already getting hacked and modded.

Usually a good sign. :)

Means people are trying to see what's possible within the limits of the engine; people were modding Skyrim before its toolset was even released, and it's because of the work of dedicated individuals that we had CS/CFR/CTR not only for RCT3 but for the original Chris Sawyer titles as well.

Big_Boy
11-04-2015, 01:19 PM
i found a list of flat rides to lol :D

Knobs
11-04-2015, 01:30 PM
Good to hear the bad vibes are changing into good tones.
+1 for the early acces. Release date is probably undoable to postpone it again.

Anyway, im there, i've been following this game for way too long now, and i can conclude that we will have a freaking awesome game, what a freaking ride.
Power to this community, we kinda made it happen all together .... Congrats for keeping positive and constructive. But we're not there yet ! Keep on pushing this game to number 1.

Haha !

@ BIg Boy, where is that list :) ?

Big_Boy
11-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Good to hear the bad vibes are changing into good tones.
+1 for the early acces. Release date is probably undoable to postpone it again.

Anyway, im there, i've been following this game for way too long now, and i can conclude that we will have a freaking awesome game, what a freaking ride.
Power to this community, we kinda made it happen all together .... Congrats for keeping positive and constructive. But we're not there yet ! Keep on pushing this game to number 1.

Haha !

@ BIg Boy, where is that list :) ?

I'm not sure it is complete, so i will post later on :).

shirty
11-04-2015, 06:35 PM
I have already done a thread about the 34 flat rides in the beta weekend 1 forum but it vanished without a trace?!?
It definitely wasn't in the bugs or feedback areas that got closed
I assume devs don't want it to be posted :confused:
If you had beta access you can find them listed in a manifest file located in the assets folder within the install
I wouldn't recommend posting the list in this thread considering this is an official blog thread and the flat ride list is definitely a SPOLIER

EDIT. just noticed a new thread that shows them in beta weekend 1

farmington
11-05-2015, 08:59 AM
Why are they not responding to the beta? Its been almost a week, the more they remain silent the worse thngs will seem.

spritefan10
11-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Why are they not responding to the beta? Its been almost a week, the more they remain silent the worse thngs will seem.

Yeah, I've been wondering that myself. What day will be the next blog post and when will the next beta weekend be?

horizons1
11-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Patience young padawan. Have you seen the bug list? I am sure they are still typing.

DonSPa
11-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Patience young padawan. Have you seen the bug list? I am sure they are still typing.

lol patience on this forum????theres usually very little of that here lolol

Big_Boy
11-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Well i hope mattlab read all these threads, and gives fast a blog about the beta weekend, plans on solving or solved bugs. Even some info for the next beta or a retest of the coaster builder after getting some bugs out ?

just to be sure the bugs are solved, or no new one pop up.

Achronite
11-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Yeah it would be nice to see a bug tracker - similar to the one on MantisHub for testing a competitor product.

Nebulon Ranger
11-06-2015, 08:31 AM
Yeah it would be nice to see a bug tracker - similar to the one on MantisHub for testing a competitor product.

There was a bug tracker. Matt locked it to pass to QA though.

Big_Boy
11-06-2015, 12:29 PM
I hope mattlab is going to write a blog for today, to recap beta etc ... cause forum is realy negative :s. MATTLAB ! give a break here :).

Lapuente
11-06-2015, 04:01 PM
hi, when can we get something about scenery?

farmington
11-06-2015, 11:28 PM
Just like I thought, not a word a week after the beta. Looks like this game is gonna suck.

DonSPa
11-07-2015, 05:01 PM
Just like I thought, not a word a week after the beta. Looks like this game is gonna suck.
going to suck because they didnt come out with a blog this week?and as far as the beta a lot of things were turned off and so we were not going to have a polished type game for the beta.The 2nd beta should have a better indication and even then we wont have a polished game and depends what settings they will have us play on.

Achronite
11-07-2015, 07:18 PM
There was a bug tracker. Matt locked it to pass to QA though.

I know, I logged a few bugs there myself. I meant a bug tracker that we can see when the bugs get assigned and fixed.

landmers
11-10-2015, 03:26 PM
Has there been any communication since the release of the beta? Or is this Atari pulling the classic "Ignore the people buying our products" move again?

Big_Boy
11-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Has there been any communication since the release of the beta? Or is this Atari pulling the classic "Ignore the people buying our products" move again?

You can't say they ignore us so, i'm pretty sure we will get fast some info for the next beta/ bug solved from last beta.

DonSPa
11-10-2015, 08:00 PM

yes matt has been on hes working on a blog as of today he said he is still working on it so I'm guessing it is detailing quite abit

Hi all,

Following up on my post from Friday, I wanted to give a short update on the coaster editor. As you know, the game offers a 3D spline-based coaster editor that many of you love because it offers full flexibility to create never before possible track designs. At the same time, it’s clear from our review of the Beta that some of you desire the ability to build track with predefined lines and curves. Thus, we are listening to your feedback and adding that functionality to the coaster system to give you both options. It's the best of both worlds. Stay tuned for more details in a full blog coming soon.

landmers
11-11-2015, 12:23 AM
yes matt has been on hes working on a blog as of today he said he is still working on it so I'm guessing it is detailing quite abit

Thanks. I must have missed this along the way.

cupofjoe
11-11-2015, 12:17 PM
That is so exciting. For me, the coaster editor was a disaster. I didn't even complete a single coaster. But being able to switch between predefined track pieces and the spline editor, in my opinion, gives more options and flexibility. Can't wait for Beta 2.

JMR
11-11-2015, 03:31 PM

https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?7040-A-short-message-from-Team-RCTW

S1m0nde
11-12-2015, 02:46 AM

Yes there has been communication but not a lot.
Mattlab wrote that the coaster builder feedback was helpful and that they will add the option to build pieces.
He also wrote that the next blog will be published soon. He wrote early this week so he is a little late. I hope it will be published today and I´m excited about it.

Lapuente
11-12-2015, 07:43 AM
https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?7040-A-short-message-from-Team-RCTW

pretti much

I'm starting to lean towards Planet Coaster now

Big_Boy
11-12-2015, 12:57 PM
Well, let us hope we get a blog today, but i guess it will be tomorrow if we are Lucky :).

CaseyCBeard
11-12-2015, 01:51 PM
There are certain threads now BLUE requiring a password to get in to. Are these ones that the mods have yet to go through? I'm just curious because I wasn't able to play the game at all over the beta weekend. I'm hoping to be able to play it in the next beta if they fix it.

Hanazakari86
11-12-2015, 02:26 PM
Well, let us hope we get a blog today, but i guess it will be tomorrow if we are Lucky :).

lets hope so!!

DonSPa
11-12-2015, 05:14 PM
There are certain threads now BLUE requiring a password to get in to. Are these ones that the mods have yet to go through? I'm just curious because I wasn't able to play the game at all over the beta weekend. I'm hoping to be able to play it in the next beta if they fix it.

are you talking about the bug tracker threads??i imagine they locked everyone out of those so that no new posts would be made so as not to get lost on the bug reports