PDA

View Full Version : RCTW - Streaming - Beta Weekend 1 Preview Stream Live on twitch.tv/alienware on 10/29

Mattlab
10-28-2015, 02:24 PM
Be sure to stop by Alienware's Twitch Channel tomorrow (10/29/2015) at 3PM EDT because myself and other members of the RCTW team will be on hand to preview the upcoming Beta! We will be playing the same build that will be unlocked during the Beta 1 Weekend.

Additionally, we plan to leave time during the stream for a general Q & A so bring your questions!

For those of you not in the EDT time zone here is a handy countdown timer for the Stream.

http://itsalmo.st/#rctwliveonhttpwwwtwitchtvalienware

See you all tomorrow!

Cheers,
Mattlab

Palaber1984
10-28-2015, 02:45 PM
For those of you not in the EDT time zone here is a handy countdown timer for the Stream.

thx for info, see us tomorrow

really curious about the new stuff, hope we won't get disappointed ;)

DonSPa
10-28-2015, 02:45 PM
gonna try and be there myself,ill be late Friday at the beta though as some plans were made without me being asked first but oh well ill still get some playing time in

Achronite
10-28-2015, 02:49 PM

See you all tomorrow!

Cheers,
Mattlab

I think the time should work for everyone - it says 1 day 11 mins for me - which seems about right (I'm in the UK).

0BobTheJanitor
10-28-2015, 02:54 PM
Gonna miss it if it's at 3:00.

ddef12
10-28-2015, 02:55 PM
Will it be available to watch if we can't make it to live stream?

vitor.sousa2000
10-28-2015, 03:01 PM
The build will be the same used in PAX?

0BobTheJanitor
10-28-2015, 03:02 PM
Will it be available to watch if we can't make it to live stream?

Yeah, someone will upload it to Youtube, and if not it'll be in the previous broadcasts on twitch.

Kombiice
10-28-2015, 03:10 PM
will be a full stream !! don't destroy all servers xDxD

XeR0x4
10-28-2015, 03:16 PM
The build will be the same used in PAX?
It will be the build that they're releasing on friday.

Bakgrund
10-28-2015, 03:30 PM
I'll make sure to stop by, I hope you will reveal some more information about features people have asked about.

Wobbly
10-28-2015, 03:33 PM
Best order food and drinks then

XeR0x4
10-28-2015, 03:36 PM
How long will the stream be?

ddrplaya4638
10-28-2015, 04:06 PM
Hope you answer all of our questions we've been wanting answers to. Can't wait :)

Finzz
10-28-2015, 04:34 PM
gonna try and be there myself,ill be late Friday at the beta though as some plans were made without me being asked first but oh well ill still get some playing time in

I'm sure we all have plans since they barely gave us 24 hours notice... plus most of the U.S. fans including myself will be at work or school :( how weak. On a positive note, hopefully this means less people to spam, but it's anybody's guess. I'm sure someone will upload it to youtube and most of the fans here will ask any questions I have for themselves.

I will keep the stream open in another tab at work so I can at least listen. ;)

Best order food and drinks then

Wish I could join you! :p

Philmon11
10-28-2015, 04:52 PM
I'm sure we all have plans since they barely gave us 24 hours notice... plus most of the U.S. fans including myself will be at work :(

I'LL BE IN MATH CLASS. I'm annoyed that the stream is so early in the evening... some folks like the west cost people, they proboally wont get to watch any part of the stream. :P

Wobbly
10-28-2015, 04:53 PM
I'm sure we all have plans since they barely gave us 24 hours notice... plus most of the U.S. fans including myself will be at work :( how weak. On a positive note, hopefully this means less people to spam, but it's anybody's guess. I'm sure someone will upload it to youtube and most of the fans here will ask any questions I have for themselves.

I will keep the stream open in another tab at work so I can at least listen. ;)

Wish I could join you! :p

You can the day after, I'll be streaming

Finzz
10-28-2015, 05:16 PM
You can the day after, I'll be streaming

Could you PM me your twitch? and the time(s) you plan on streaming?

Wobbly
10-28-2015, 05:21 PM
Could you PM me your twitch? and the time(s) you plan on streaming?

Links are in my profile mate - Not sure on the rules of posting yet, as waiting for Mod to finalise forum for posting them. Feel free though

ncutt010
10-28-2015, 05:26 PM
Not going to be around at [email protected] work

Hopefully I can catch a re run some where?

SteamLoco87
10-28-2015, 06:02 PM
If I got this right, the stream will take place 4AM AEST - Australian time.
I'm going to stay in bed. :-)

ccfan007
10-28-2015, 06:10 PM
Matt do you know how long the stream will be live for? I work tomorrow but will be home 30-40 minutes after it starts. Just wanna know if i should try and rush home to make it and if i do WILL i make it :)

1wolffan
10-28-2015, 06:17 PM
I'm going to be running my mother on some errands for most of the day. I'll probably catch the stream on post-broadcast. In case I don't make it, would someone try to remember to ask them about loops?

JCat_NYC
10-28-2015, 06:27 PM
Taking the plunge on Steam. I'm cool with the beta weekends, but sure wish we could have just kept it and continue giving feedback as it progresses/updates are pushed. I have some flat rides I've been working on in 3DS MAX... would have loved to see how they run in RCTW, though I realize this is primarily a coaster stress test

Wayne
10-28-2015, 10:34 PM
Can't wait I will be streaming this hardcore on saturday!!! :)

rforeman
10-29-2015, 12:16 AM
Wanted to watch it live but I don't get off work till 4pm so I hope I will be able to catch it on a rerun. :(

CoasterDrive
10-29-2015, 05:31 AM
Cool, for european it's perfect, it's 8PM for me :)
Although i'm also curious about the added stuff since pax, i'm most excited about any updates to the UI :o

Wayne
10-29-2015, 08:16 AM
Wanted to watch it live but I don't get off work till 4pm so I hope I will be able to catch it on a rerun. :(

Yup they should have it on the twitch page as a re-run you can watch it right after its over!! :) So you shouldn't miss anything other than the "live" part.

Mattlab
10-29-2015, 10:21 AM
Matt do you know how long the stream will be live for? I work tomorrow but will be home 30-40 minutes after it starts. Just wanna know if i should try and rush home to make it and if i do WILL i make it :)

We will likely stream for at least 1 hour if not longer.

Joe Android
10-29-2015, 10:23 AM
We will likely stream for at least 1 hour if not longer.

Yeah!

Please, built good coasters, I want see the full potential of this editor! :o

Mattlab
10-29-2015, 10:28 AM
Yeah!

What we make during the stream will likely not be nearly as cool as what all of you will be able to make this weekend! We are excited to see some amazing coasters this weekend!

Joe Android
10-29-2015, 10:31 AM
What we make during the stream will likely not be nearly as cool as what all of you will be able to make this weekend! We are excited to see some amazing coasters this weekend!

True! I really want to try the coaster builder, I can finally create coasters that RCT3 not let me!

Tell me one thing, in this Livestream we will see wider paths and more realistic queues? :rolleyes:

Diabolikz44
10-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Yeah!

+1 lol
I don't want to see another ugly coaster like at PAX! :p

Joe Android
10-29-2015, 10:59 AM
+1 lol

Yeah, for this reason I said that I want to see good coasters in this Livestream. xD

supermc
10-29-2015, 11:05 AM
+1 lol

Well, at least not a fully red one. :p

Ireeb
10-29-2015, 11:30 AM
@Mattlab can you create a countdown to the beta opening? :3

Angelis
10-29-2015, 11:43 AM
Is someone plan to recording the stream ? I could not be available at that time :(, and I wish I could see it (Youtube ?)

Ireeb
10-29-2015, 11:45 AM
Is someone plan to recording the stream ? I could not be available at that time :(, and I wish I could see it (Youtube ?)

Twitch.TV saves a video of any stream, you can just go to the twitch.TV channel and watch it after the stream is over.

coasterking
10-29-2015, 12:04 PM
I'm looking forward to watching the stream after work. I'm also looking forward to the Beta tomorrow. :)

Mattlab
10-29-2015, 12:07 PM
Less than 3 hours to go to the stream! Just arrived at the studio a little bit ago - its busy here as we get ready!

Kombiice
10-29-2015, 12:13 PM
cant wait anymore !!!!!!!!

robinhsluis
10-29-2015, 12:19 PM
Less than 3 hours to go to the stream! Just arrived at the studio a little bit ago - its busy here as we get ready!
I don't believe in a god, but god bless the time differences ^^

Big_Boy
10-29-2015, 12:31 PM
Can't wait anymore :). so sad it is Halloween this weekend not home :(. SO SO sad :( i hope beta gets extende a ohter extra day :o

Joe Android
10-29-2015, 12:35 PM

Atari posted the Livestream of PAX 2015 on the official RCT channel, so they will do the same with this Livestream. :)

Diabolikz44
10-29-2015, 12:43 PM
Can't wait anymore :). so sad it is Halloween this weekend not home :(. SO SO sad :( i hope beta gets extende a ohter extra day :o
Same here, it's holiday in France...

redyar
10-29-2015, 01:02 PM
Haha I am a student. I take the time whenever I want :P
2 hours left! Enough disappointment in the last decade, Atari. Make us proud and I will preorder!

DonSPa
10-29-2015, 02:05 PM
only thing bad about live streaming and times,it doesnt matter what time they run it there will always be people who cant watch.Even if it was a couple hours later some people in europe would be going to bed to get ready for work the next morning or in other parts of the world it be like 4am etc so its hard to adjust for everyone to be happy.Ill be here for the stream just tomorrow ill be running late on the beta but still looking forward to seeing how much they have improved since PAX

JMR
10-29-2015, 02:12 PM
40 minutes to go!

I look forward to it!

Sidney
10-29-2015, 02:36 PM
40 minutes to go!

I look forward to it!

Its the final countdown tutututuuuuu tututu tuuu

Achronite
10-29-2015, 02:44 PM
On the closedown of the previous twitch stream there was mention of 50 RCTW beta keys to giveaway. What's this @Mattlab?

Indominus
10-29-2015, 02:45 PM
Don't forget to ask about WATERRIDES!

DinahLee
10-29-2015, 02:47 PM
12 minutes!!

MY BODY IS READY

0BobTheJanitor
10-29-2015, 02:53 PM
8 minutes. Can't watch. :-(

DinahLee
10-29-2015, 03:00 PM
showtime lol

WillHD
10-29-2015, 03:02 PM
Can someone please post a link, I can't find it

darkhorizon
10-29-2015, 03:02 PM
Has it started yet for anyone else?? Lol

Janitor
10-29-2015, 03:03 PM
Can someone please post a link, I can't find it

http://www.twitch.tv/alienware (http://www.twitch.tv/alienware)

Indominus
10-29-2015, 03:04 PM
I just keep refreshing lol

warcat61
10-29-2015, 03:12 PM
absolute the worse feed ever....nothing bu echoes so it's difficult to understand what is being said. need to refresh every minute.....I'll try and watch on Youtube and hopefully will be able to hear what is being said, complete waste of time so far

seems they fixed the problem....sorry for mouthing off

Future RCT
10-29-2015, 03:44 PM
I saw a screenshot of the loading screen saying it will take several minutes. Please tell me this will be fixed in the final version.

Indominus
10-29-2015, 03:57 PM
A LOT of marketing talk going on.

Bionic
10-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Seriously, is the person playing doing so for the first time. When you show off your game, show decent parks with decent coasters at least. Not convincing at all.
Coolest thing so far was the terrain editing and water bodies. The rest, not so much. With the coaster editor it looks like it's going to be very cumbersome to create exactly what you want, kind of like the TPS coaster editor. Let's hope beta players do a better job than this player on the live stream.

Indominus
10-29-2015, 04:15 PM
So no flatrides in the beta?

jackk
10-29-2015, 04:20 PM
If the manager of the development can't build a roller coaster what makes them think the GP will be able to?

ddrplaya4638
10-29-2015, 04:26 PM
I want to know about rmc and winged they need to stop avoiding it

AtomicJellyFish
10-29-2015, 04:41 PM
While the game does look fantastic, the stream was sub par. The information that Matt and Matt were passing on were fantastic, but the person playing the game was awful. Simply put, my main interest in watching the design physics of the roller coaster building...the main reason for this whole beta weekend.

Who ever was in charge of the game itself showed very little of what the roller coaster builder was capable of. Instead they showed a lot of how to dig holes, place trees, and fill with water...over and over. Next time a stream is done, I hope that they put someone with a little more understanding of the game behind the keyboard.

Other than that, Im very excited for the beta tomorrow and look forward to playing the real game.

Big_Boy
10-29-2015, 04:45 PM
Is the end day of beta 100% or is it possible you extend 1 or more days ? still not an anser :(

0BobTheJanitor
10-29-2015, 04:49 PM
I got banned for typing !ticket1 Kappa

redyar
10-29-2015, 04:50 PM
Pretty nice footage! I am glad that they do a contest where others build the coasters.
No offence, but the whole dev team SUCKS in building! :P

NickNem
10-29-2015, 05:00 PM
It's a bit lame that there are so many excuses for standard features...but really - not even stairs? Why not?
And the fence-building system is absolutely stupid...it makes fence building more difficult than ever. Okay, that there will be no water-rides in the final game was pretty clear before - but as it sounds by now, it would last for at least one year that they will be in the game...is it really THAT complicated???
The rollercoaster-building tool was the ONE fact I liked about the game...but is it that hard to build a decent coaster??? Or is the girl who played it so bad in it?
The stations look very bland...and they lack creativity in many ways.
The coasters themselves aren't that interesting, too. No mine-train rides, no kiddie coasters, no bobsleigh-coasters etc... at least for the beta (don't expet too much for the final game).

PS: Have he told us anything about sounds (coaster sounds etc.)

wdfan
10-29-2015, 05:01 PM
The woman who was building coasters was really bad at it. I think they should've got someone else to show off the gameplay!

Ireeb
10-29-2015, 05:01 PM
Seriously, is the person playing doing so for the first time. When you show off your game, show decent parks with decent coasters at least. Not convincing at all.
Coolest thing so far was the terrain editing and water bodies. The rest, not so much. With the coaster editor it looks like it's going to be very cumbersome to create exactly what you want, kind of like the TPS coaster editor. Let's hope beta players do a better job than this player on the live stream.

If the manager of the development can't build a roller coaster what makes them think the GP will be able to?

While the game does look fantastic, the stream was sub par. The information that Matt and Matt were passing on were fantastic, but the person playing the game was awful. Simply put, my main interest in watching the design physics of the roller coaster building...the main reason for this whole beta weekend.

Who ever was in charge of the game itself showed very little of what the roller coaster builder was capable of. Instead they showed a lot of how to dig holes, place trees, and fill with water...over and over. Next time a stream is done, I hope that they put someone with a little more understanding of the game behind the keyboard.

Other than that, Im very excited for the beta tomorrow and look forward to playing the real game.

Pretty nice footage! I am glad that they do a contest where others build the coasters.
No offence, but the whole dev team SUCKS in building! :P

I wanted to take the mouse from her the whole time.... Building a dive coaster without a 90°(+) dive, and making rollercoaster that would be painful to ride... Can't they let someone from Six Flags play it who has actually seen a rollercoaster before? Sorry for the negative attitude but that's the main reason why I could not enjoy the stream. I am quite disappointed.

Bionic
10-29-2015, 05:05 PM
I wanted to take the mouse from her the whole time.... Building a dive coaster without a 90°(+) dive, and making rollercoaster that would be painful to ride... Can't they let someone from Six Flags play it who has actually seen a rollercoaster before? Sorry for the negative attitude but that's the main reason why I could not enjoy the stream. I am quite disappointed.

That raises an important question: Is it difficult/cumbersome/annoying to build a decent looking coaster? Or does the person demoing the game just suck at it? But, why would she suck at it, she must have built coasters before right? If not, this is yet another fail on Atari's part to market their game.
Guess we'll see what the beta players come up with.

Achronite
10-29-2015, 05:06 PM
Maybe they should run a competition for one of us to drive at the next stream?

Rodrigo Netto
10-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Is there a way I can watch it now that it's over?

Ireeb
10-29-2015, 05:19 PM

I think you can watch it on their twitch channel, but I recommend you not to waste your time on it. In your place I'd either wait for the beta or watch videos from others playing the beta, because the way they showed the game today was just terrible.

Joe Android
10-29-2015, 05:21 PM
Coolest this so far was the terrain editing and water bodies. The rest, not so much. With the coaster editor it looks like it's going to be very cumbersome to create exactly what you want, kind of like the TPS coaster editor. Let's hope beta players do a better job than this player on the live stream.

+1.

For that I asked if we would see good coaster layouts on this Livestream, A thing as important as is a Livestream, where many people were watching it, they should put experienced people to show the great potential of the RCTW tools.

Akydo
10-29-2015, 05:22 PM
MattLab and Nvizzio Creations.
I watched the Stream. The Coaster Trains are Too High. Iam glad u Guys Lowered the Tracks into the Station. U just Need to Fix The Hight on the Trains U have showed Us. Iam not talking about Inverted or standups cause those are suppose to be taller. Here is a Picture what iam talking about.

http://thecoastercollection-sullyharris.weebly.com/uploads/1/9/2/7/19279505/5931451_orig.jpg

These Types of trains needs be Low like its in the Picture. But Notice how even the Kids are Taller then the train while they are waiting near the Gates. It could be they just need to Adjust the Preportion of the Coaster Train in game.

Joe Android
10-29-2015, 05:22 PM

I'm watching the Livestream now, and a while ago that finished. :)

Galego
10-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Someone can provide me a link? I want to watch it, but I can't find anywhere :S

Ireeb
10-29-2015, 05:41 PM
That raises an important question: Is it difficult/cumbersome/annoying to build a decent looking coaster? Or does the person demoing the game just suck at it? But, why would she suck at it, she must have built coasters before right? If not, this is yet another fail on Atari's part to market their game.
Guess we'll see what the beta players come up with.

To me it looked like she has no idea how real rollercoasters look like or how to use the tools properly. From everything I saw so far, also the PAX stream, I think the coaster builder will be okay. But I still concerns me that they don't know what a heartline is...

The Stig
10-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Here's my random thoughts on the pre-beta stream:

I'm hoping that the opening screen and loading screen are more animated.

I like that, not only is your grid on demand with a press of the G key, but it also displays measurements. Even the 'grid' on the coaster editor displays height, angle, and other geeky numbers. I really appreciate that. That should provide for some accurate re-creations.

I like that the game's currency is set at a more realistic scale.

I love that the coloring options are for rails, spine, supports. However, I wish you chose the track color from a color wheel, instead of a limited selection.

The devs don't know the concept of the dive coaster.

As far as the realistic coaster designing goes, I can promise that the devs will be seeing plenty of it after this weekend.

Big_Boy
10-29-2015, 05:45 PM
Thank you for the stream it was pretty cool te see and get answers on a lot of question.

I'm glad you do a public closed beta test, saw some faults but besides that i do love the idea about the whole game !

Water looks amazing ! If the water rides get the same physics then i'm glad that we had to wait for this.

Only hope you annouce on Monday beta gets 1 day extra would be so nice ! to all off us ! but if not then i'll be around for the next beta !

Joe Android
10-29-2015, 06:03 PM
Anyone know if I can put two parallel paths to create one path more widely? I didn't just convince the maximum path width that has the game.

Akydo
10-29-2015, 06:09 PM
I saw part where they showed the Color to choose From in the Color bar for the ride. PLease Tell me u can add colors. The amount to me is like RCT2.5, I hope the give us a Full Color editor box that we can change what goes in the color bar they showed us

Big_Boy
10-29-2015, 06:11 PM
Anyone know if I can put two parallel paths to create one path more widely? I didn't just convince the maximum path width that has the game.

I don't think that is possible, you can only chose 3 types as far as i could understand of it.

Joe Android
10-29-2015, 06:13 PM
I don't think that is possible, you can only chose 3 types as far as i could understand of it.

So I can not create wide avenues?

I hope this gets fixed, or maybe some mod allow that!

Akydo
10-29-2015, 06:15 PM
WHat they should have had was one The moderators from Fourm do the Coasterbuilding for that STream.

Iam Sure They are not going to use that girl who was building the coaster for the Prebuild coaster at launch.

Akydo
10-29-2015, 06:17 PM
WHat they should have had was one The moderators from Fourm do the Coasterbuilding for that STream.

Iam Sure They are not going to use that girl who was building the coaster for the Prebuild coaster at launch.

Joe Android
10-29-2015, 06:17 PM

That girl is Kim, a Nvizzio worker!

Akydo
10-29-2015, 06:20 PM
iam sure Kim will not be building the preset coaster for the Launch game

Big_Boy
10-29-2015, 06:21 PM
So I can not create wide avenues?

I hope this gets fixed, or maybe some mod allow that!

Well what i saw on beta, i gives some issue if your angle is to short the path way stays red and you cannot build. But if you keep some space in between you can build a 2 lane path i guess then.

Offcourse mods will give or provide a avanues path types, look @ City Skylines :).

Joe Android
10-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Well what i saw on beta, i gives some issue if your angle is to short the path way stays red and you cannot build. But if you keep some space in between you can build a 2 lane path i guess then.

Offcourse mods will give or provide a avanues path types, look @ City Skylines :).

Yes, I have Cities Skylines and I know what you mean.

I'm sure there will be mods with more wide variety! :o

Joe Android
10-29-2015, 06:28 PM
iam sure Kim will not be building the preset coaster for the Launch game

We will see the masterpieces tomorrow, don't worry. :p

ZerOG
10-29-2015, 06:33 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but MattLab said 9 coaster types with 4 track types, each with different trains. Will all these track types be available for the beta? It looked like only B&M style track was enabled.

I have to say, the game looks gorgeous, and I like the amount of path options and trees already. However, the game looks like it still has a lot of bugs. I remember seeing Kim try to place posts in wide open spots, but the game had red marks and would not allow placement.

I'm also still very puzzled why the developers of the game can't build a decent coaster.... The first time they attempted a dive coaster, they made the second hill larger than the lift....REALLY?

Rodrigo Netto
10-29-2015, 06:49 PM
Frustrated. I came home as fast as I could but it seems that I can't watch the video now. :(

Joe Android
10-29-2015, 06:52 PM
Frustrated. I came home as fast as I could but it seems that I can't watch the video now. :(

I can watch the video. :/

http://www.twitch.tv/alienware/v/23056938

Helena
10-29-2015, 07:28 PM
The final link finally works now!

Watching. I am writing here meanwhile I wait.

Colors. Yay for colorable!
But colors are limited?
I had wished for advanced color system, such as tabs with favorite color themes you can use again easily for keeping consistent theme in park. Maybe it will come later.

Scenery. The icon for scenery is adorable, a gnome! :)

I did not look closely at the parameters but I think some of the coaster designs made are terrible to ride, too rough and also too quick for the station, higher risk for breakage? In RCT1+2 it would not have passed the guests criteria. I hope the guests are also hard in this game or it will be too easy. In RCT3 it was easier than 1+2. I hope it will not be a downward spiral.

Terraforming looks millions times better than in RCT3 and easier to use.

Scenery again. I hope they will add catalog better for scenery so it is not all in one line to scroll.

Fencing looks tedious to place. No dragging? I hope there's snap-on for that so it lines up good. If there's then it looks like it is quite narrow in its range.

Stairs? I hope it will come later.

Plus for gigantic map!

Ok, enough for me now, I had to skim a lot as I am so tired, and will go to bed soon.

I realize I hope that there's many competent people doing the beta so the developers will get good input about how a RCT game should be. Challenging to make rides meeting criterias (but not challenging to use the gui of course) Details on how a real coaster should look like.. Properly balanced loops, etc.

Rodrigo Netto
10-29-2015, 07:33 PM
I can watch the video. :/

http://www.twitch.tv/alienware/v/23056938

Thank you! Someone had sent me another link but it didnt work at all!

Joe Android
10-29-2015, 07:36 PM
Thank you! Someone had sent me another link but it didnt work at all!

You are welcome! Enjoy it, I enjoyed as a kid with this Livestream. :o

Cabelle1863
10-29-2015, 07:59 PM
I really wish we had the option for click and drag on the fences. Placing each segment individually can be such a time consuming pain.

mydogthesenator
10-29-2015, 09:31 PM
Why do they have the same Alienware guy that obviously is not a major RCT fanÉ He cannot even ask valid questions. Kind of telling that these guys dont even know proper coaster terminology, not that i am too much of a stickler for realism, you can just tell when someone is a bit of a coaster enthusiast and when they are not.
Also, why cant they get someone who is actually good at making the SLIGHTEST bit realistic coasters. Every roller coaster I have seen made by these people looks like one I made on Roller Coaster Tycoon when I was 8 and first pulled the game out of the cereal box. I am sorry to be so negative, But I have had such high hopes waiting anxiously for this game. This stream is a huge disappointment and I am not even finished watching the stream.
Mattlab hasnt even been to Nvizzio in 2 months he said. That sounds promising.... your only the games producer or whatever.
Extremely worried and getting bummed if things havent improved by beta 2 I am refunding.

mydogthesenator
10-29-2015, 09:46 PM
That girl is Kim, a Nvizzio worker!

If the game was built by all people who do not know the concept of a realistic roller coaster how are we ever going to expect that we will be able to build one? This is pretty worrisome did anyone ask this question towards the end of the stream do you know?

Rodrigo Netto
10-29-2015, 09:46 PM
I'm so excited!

http://i.imgur.com/76SdpPG.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/76SdpPG.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/76SdpPG.gif

Nemmie
10-29-2015, 10:13 PM
There were some great things shown this evening, I'm in the UK, but they kinda missed a trick. The whole appeal and draw of this game is it's bread and butter feature.......rollercoasters.
So what better way of enticing new customers? Do what they did at PAX and show another load of bum-bleed inducing ,wonky lift-hilled, shockingly bad hypercoasters. In fact if I didn't know more about this game I'd be asking why it wasn't called Shockingly Bad Oval Shaped Hypercoaster Tycoon World. I think if I see another one, my head may explode.
I loved the giant ghosts walking around and on the whole, the game is looking gorgeous so I'm optimistic.

RCTW1
10-29-2015, 11:38 PM
Isn't there one on twitch at 6pm as well?

Hanazakari86
10-30-2015, 04:56 AM
well matt has not answered our question clearly regarding music
he said something about the game music but he has not said anything about rides music .i.e. Coaster ride
have anyone heard anything different ??

robinhsluis
10-30-2015, 05:23 AM
well matt has not answered our question clearly regarding music
he said something about the game music but he has not said anything about rides music .i.e. Coaster ride
have anyone heard anything different ??

He said we shouldn't worry about it. The music was turned off because it would interfere with the talking. You can still play music from your rides and coasters if i'm not mistaken...

Anyways, i'm a tad disappointed by the fact we don't have water rides from the start. One thing I always used to have in my parks, is a wild water rapids. Place custom scenery around them like rocks and plants n stuff to create a whole jungle feeling. Too bad this isn't available...

CoasterDrive
10-30-2015, 05:32 AM
I really wish we had the option for click and drag on the fences. Placing each segment individually can be such a time consuming pain
Yes! i really hope they will change that until launch, it looked very tedious and error prone.

Mattlab hasnt even been to Nvizzio in 2 months he said. That sounds promising.....
When does he say that in the stream?

He said we shouldn't worry about it. The music was turned off because it would interfere with the talking. You can still play music from your rides and coasters if i'm not mistaken...
Not sure, but i think Hanazakari86 was asking about music played in the roller coaster station or trains, right?

robinhsluis
10-30-2015, 05:40 AM
Yes! i really hope they will change that until launch, it looked very tedious and error prone.

When does he say that in the stream?

[/COLOR]
Not sure, but i think Hanazakari86 was asking about music played in the roller coaster station or trains, right?

Yeah would be neath if the trains play the music instead of the station so you will hear music the whole ride. But yeah, if he says don't worry, then i'm somehow satisfied already. I believe this isn't a big thing to do programming-wise...

CoasterDrive
10-30-2015, 06:25 AM
Just rewatched the stream and captured that screen:

so you can set the music and will be able to set a custom skin to the station and trains :)

Wilkong
10-30-2015, 06:27 AM
My Toughts:

XoHAYDNoX
10-30-2015, 06:56 AM
On the next time you guys demo a game, can you at least have one pre-made coaster ready to show? Just to prove that not everything I build looks like an obscure oval-shaped mess?
Its really hard to like a game when you guys are producing the bare minimum.

ddrplaya4638
10-30-2015, 08:00 AM
They should have had a beautiful pre-made park and showed us that.

Virenprktschz
10-30-2015, 08:18 AM
I dont know where i post my question, also i post it in here:
Is it possible to play rctw online as simcity 5 for example or we use still single player mod like the games before?

Ireeb
10-30-2015, 08:31 AM
I dont know where i post my question, also i post it in here:
Is it possible to play rctw online as simcity 5 for example or we use still single player mod like the games before?

At launch there will be no real multiplayer feature, you will only be able to exchange your creations with others. Multiplayer features will come in an update after launch.

ncutt010
10-30-2015, 08:33 AM
I think the game looks beautiful and looks realistic...the colors, coasters, and scenery could not be better!!!

I am concerned that given the release is about 1 month away, there are still a ton of bugs. I feel like these glitches and bugs will bring down the overall value of the game....

If they can fix all these bugs before release I believe this game will be awesome. What they have now is a great base to a game that I can see really growing with expansion packs. I know there's no water rides, only 10 coasters...but the foundation is there

DjTechnics
10-30-2015, 08:55 AM
In my opinion, this is so much better than the crap I was seeing a year ago. Speaking about that, have you notice the old RCT World Trailer is erased ? And that's the way it should be. I think RCT World is going to be coming out with a bunch of the features we want at launch, some we are going to have to wait. However, we won't be waiting too long since this will be the first RCT Game with periodic updates and patches to fix and enhance the game as the years pass. I am incredibly excited this is finally coming out and if everyone can keep their promises, I'm sure this franchise will thrive like it did years ago. I cannot wait!

ETapley0687
10-30-2015, 09:06 AM
Overall, I don't feel like the Beta Stream did a good job of showcasing the potential of the game. I can see there is a great potential though.

The thing I like the most from the stream is terraforming tools. Similar to RCT3 but the water feature is better. I was hoping Kim would click on the 4th terraforming option to satisfy my curiosity, but I'm sure I'll see it this weekend from the beta tester videos. Since it was stressed this beta is focusing on the Coaster Builder, I'd like to say the coaster building process is do able, similar to No Limits. I do think they should've got someone better to showcase coaster building. No offense to Kim but the simple oval layouts and curved lift hills did nothing for me, I'm sure the community would do better as expected. Matt asked her to showcase the wooden coaster after it was requested, but we never got around to it. My issue is if you're selling this game to this particular audience, you need to be able to show some mind blowing things. We saw more path building and terraforming than coaster building... Aside from that gripe, I like they kept the sync station option, which I don't know how that will work. Will it be one station or two of those bulky stations side by side. Also, I was hoping to see if you can change which side the loading ramps are on, can you exit out the opposite side of the entrance, and so on... Big plus for the trees and realistic heights btw. Lastly the fences, if we have to add them piece by piece, I think it'd be a great idea to add an option to snap to the fence ends and have an option to auto place fences along a path if you put the cursor on the path (similar to Sims).

Based on a few answers from them, I'm not too thrilled about the game anymore. Maybe I'll be a major fan after the updates, but with so many things missing I feel the game is premature at the moment. Kudos on the features that made the game though, after some tweaking, I'm sure it'll be a great base game for RCTW. I feel like they've done the best they can in the short amount of time and with the changes made in the process. I'm sure I'll still support and buy a copy, just not too hyped up about it anymore.

Indominus
10-30-2015, 10:59 AM
Will there be flatrides in the beta?

Angel
10-30-2015, 01:10 PM
My Toughts:

I like the idea for Theme/Type options, but I'd like to add Color to that also.

robinhsluis
10-30-2015, 01:33 PM
My Toughts:

2nd pic, i lol'd at the pic right upper corner

Hanazakari86
10-30-2015, 01:34 PM
how to activated ,,,in fact I have pre-ordered the game via steam but it still wont work for me
please tell me what to do??

usfgeek1
10-30-2015, 02:49 PM
I have a few thoughts on the live stream yesterday.

It was horrible, just horrible. It felt completely un-prepared the way you were dipping in and out of subjects and saying you were going to show this feature off and getting completely distracted with whatever the hell Kim was doing.

I'm sure she's a lovely person, but my god. Get her away from ANYTHING promotional ever again. If you wanted your chance to show the fans how cool your rollercoaster building system is, how about get someone who is knowledgeable about how the in game system works, or perhaps knows what a rollercoaster actually looks like? It was so infuriating to watch. Also, you couldn't even provide us with a POV because you mentioned that it wasn't implemented in your build? What? How has a feature as key as that only been thought about so late into the development stage?

Watching her trying to place benches on a path, there was more 'Cannot place' options than actual 'you can place here' options. It made no sense. I can feel this becoming alot like RCT3 where it was very restrictive as to where you could place things, there really is no need for that in this day and age, we are meant to have moved on from that.

I have the feeling aswell that this game is going to feel extremely empty, questions about whether or not KEY components to the game have been implemented have all been met with the same blanket response "We're looking into it". I mean... tunnels? Water rides? STAIRS?! It's a joke. And we will see in due time whether or not these things will be implemented over the course of the game, I really hope they will. But i also feel cheated that such simple features that have been staples of all previous RCT games have been ignored.

Saying all that, I realize the game is not finished yet. But with just over a month to go, I have very little optimism left for this game, i'm sorry to say. If I am not satisfied with my experience with the BETA tonight, I will be cancelling my pre-order and waiting a couple months for you to actually finish the game development through a course of updates.

Wayne
10-30-2015, 03:08 PM
I have a few thoughts on the live stream yesterday.

It was horrible, just horrible. It felt completely un-prepared the way you were dipping in and out of subjects and saying you were going to show this feature off and getting completely distracted with whatever the hell Kim was doing.

I'm sure she's a lovely person, but my god. Get her away from ANYTHING promotional ever again. If you wanted your chance to show the fans how cool your rollercoaster building system is, how about get someone who is knowledgeable about how the in game system works, or perhaps knows what a rollercoaster actually looks like? It was so infuriating to watch. Also, you couldn't even provide us with a POV because you mentioned that it wasn't implemented in your build? What? How has a feature as key as that only been thought about so late into the development stage?

Watching her trying to place benches on a path, there was more 'Cannot place' options than actual 'you can place here' options. It made no sense. I can feel this becoming alot like RCT3 where it was very restrictive as to where you could place things, there really is no need for that in this day and age, we are meant to have moved on from that.

I have the feeling aswell that this game is going to feel extremely empty, questions about whether or not KEY components to the game have been implemented have all been met with the same blanket response "We're looking into it". I mean... tunnels? Water rides? STAIRS?! It's a joke. And we will see in due time whether or not these things will be implemented over the course of the game, I really hope they will. But i also feel cheated that such simple features that have been staples of all previous RCT games have been ignored.

Saying all that, I realize the game is not finished yet. But with just over a month to go, I have very little optimism left for this game, i'm sorry to say. If I am not satisfied with my experience with the BETA tonight, I will be cancelling my pre-order and waiting a couple months for you to actually finish the game development through a course of updates.

Really don't think this comment is needed, just the first couple of paragraph's were uncalled for. I'm sure it was the first time they have done anything and she most likely was just trying to help. I think they did fine for there first time streaming live in front of 1,700 people. On top of that streaming in front of people can be nerve racking even if you are not in-front of the camera. Just my 2 cents.

evanswp
10-30-2015, 03:11 PM
how to activated ,,,in fact I have pre-ordered the game via steam but it still wont work for me
please tell me what to do??

I believe you will see the download button automatically at 6PM EDT. you don't need to activate them.

usfgeek1
10-30-2015, 03:55 PM
Really don't think this comment is needed, just the first couple of paragraph's were uncalled for. I'm sure it was the first time they have done anything and she most likely was just trying to help. I think they did fine for there first time streaming live in front of 1,700 people. On top of that streaming in front of people can be nerve racking even if you are not in-front of the camera. Just my 2 cents.

I don't think anything I said was uncalled for. I've read through this thread and I was watching the comments on the stream last night and I've found the majority of the people who watched the stream share my sentiments.

Yeah it might well have been the first time, that might be fair to say if this was an Indie title, but to me that doesn't hold any water seeing as though this is arguably a AAA title coming from Atari. I personally expect a little more effort to put it.

Wabigbear
10-30-2015, 04:00 PM

I think calling her out by name was perhaps unnecessary. But the rest of his comments are shared by many, and valid. Atari is trying to portray this as a AAA title from a professional developer. The stream didn't really reflect that, for whatever reason. Comments, even if blunt, are valuable. Next time they may work in advance on presentation. That can only be a good thing.

Remember that blunt comments made after the first trailer helped get us where we are so far...

JCat_NYC
10-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Will there be flatrides in the beta?

Doubt it. Matt mentioned during one of the fade to night moments how flat rides will nicely illuminate at night, but they will not be included with the first beta. I really would have loved to have those activated but this beta is all about the coasters. The second beta should/has to have them, as it will be the ultimate stress test (rides+ coasters+scenery).

usfgeek1
10-30-2015, 04:33 PM
I think calling her out by name was perhaps unnecessary. But the rest of his comments are shared by many, and valid. Atari is trying to portray this as a AAA title from a professional developer. The stream didn't really reflect that, for whatever reason. Comments, even if blunt, are valuable. Next time they may work in advance on presentation. That can only be a good thing.

Remember that blunt comments made after the first trailer helped get us where we are so far...

Thank you for agreeing. I probably should've said earlier too, that my criticisms don't come from a place of hate or anything like that. I want this game to be just as great as everyone else on here does. I really hope next time an update is posted, something really special is shown off.

Like a proper produced video showing the coaster building mechanisms under the control of one of the developers who knows the thing inside out. That's what I want to see, I want to see the absolute best that this game can produce.

Seeing a coaster that literally goes round in a circle does not inspire me. However if you show me a fleshed-out, fully themed park with themed rides, lakes, hills... pretty much everything the game is capable of.... that is what we want to see, you need to inspire us to buy the game and make similar parks. Much like Magic mountain was recreated in RCT2, when I first saw that i was amazed at the things you could achieve with the game! I want to share that same feeling with this game.

MR.sugar
10-30-2015, 04:57 PM
Happy I did not preorder and I admire Mattlab and everyone who tries to market and sell this game. That must be hard to do. Honestly, this is even worse than I expected, I mean, I cannot rly see major strides from the PAX demo.

Their marketing is very shallow, aiming for superficial people. All they market is that the graphics is detailed, They didnīt forget to show us how rollercoaster can crash, for like dozen times, because thatīs all they can offer. The game is just broken, unfinished and saying that itīs a dev.build is complete nonsense, we are like month away from the release! There is just so much problems, even in the mechanics like object placing, which is not flexible enough. The worst part is that some of this is not going to be changed, as it would need a lot of extra work in the core of the game, which is not going to happen for sure.

I laughed hard when he said "there is 30 flat rides, thatīs actually a lot of stuff". Seriously? Every park will have the same attractions, just because there is no variety.

This game is disaster, it always was. They just changed their approach and prefered to polish the graphics, because that will sell the game in the end. With showing us little of the game, they just make an illusion that this game is actually great, but it isnīt, it canīt be. Sorry, this is going to hurt every fan of RCT...

Manucoffee
10-30-2015, 05:10 PM
This game is disaster, it always was. They just changed their approach and prefered to polish the graphics, because that will sell the game in the end. With showing us little of the game, they just make an illusion that this game is actually great, but it isnīt, it canīt be. Sorry, this is going to hurt every fan of RCT...

Unfortunately that is the truth which nobody dares to say...

Marvin
10-30-2015, 05:18 PM
Happy I did not preorder and I admire Mattlab and everyone who tries to market and sell this game. That must be hard to do. Honestly, this is even worse than I expected, I mean, I cannot rly see major strides from the PAX demo.

Their marketing is very shallow, aiming for superficial people. All they market is that the graphics is detailed, They didnīt forget to show us how rollercoaster can crash, for like dozen times, because thatīs all they can offer. The game is just broken, unfinished and saying that itīs a dev.build is complete nonsense, we are like month away from the release! There is just so much problems, even in the mechanics like object placing, which is not flexible enough. The worst part is that some of this is not going to be changed, as it would need a lot of extra work in the core of the game, which is not going to happen for sure.

I laughed hard when he said "there is 30 flat rides, thatīs actually a lot of stuff". Seriously? Every park will have the same attractions, just because there is no variety.

Hopefully this post doesn't get deleted because it's nothing but the truth. It's like another SimCity situation but worse.

Thompso
10-31-2015, 10:54 AM
Glad I did not Pre-Order, based off this demo the game needs a lot of work.