PDA

View Full Version : Is it what it is in the trailer?

superkadete
12-25-2014, 04:18 PM
I was just wondering if the gameplay would be similar to the part AFTER the lift hill. I think the graphics have improved massively but still has that cartoony touch. The custom scenery helped RCT3 and that's all I ever use in my parks. So yeah, back to the topic, I have many questions, here goes; Are the graphics going to be exactly like this? Are all the rides/stalls/diners going to be in the game? Is area 52 aiming for a realistic feel on the coasters? I know it's stupid but are they going to have a coaster cam?

I also think as a feature they should have a recording mode with camera angles etc. a bit like the one in rct3 but more advanced. I'm sure they have a trick up their sleeve :D

MightyAMF
12-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Well the graphics in the trailer are obviously going to be better than the in-game graphics, but it looks like the trailer is pretty close to the game. It's also extremely likely that all the rides and shops there will be the same as the ones in game, no reason to make rides and shops just for that trailer. Coaster Cam is also pretty much a guarantee.

superkadete
12-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Well the graphics in the trailer are obviously going to be better than the in-game graphics, but it looks like the trailer is pretty close to the game. It's also extremely likely that all the rides and shops there will be the same as the ones in game, no reason to make rides and shops just for that trailer. Coaster Cam is also pretty much a guarantee.

Thought so... If it's similar I'm not sure I'm going to get it... It's wayyyyyyy to cartoony

MightyAMF
12-27-2014, 03:16 PM
I honestly don't understand why people are complaining about it being cartoony. Every RCT game has been like this. This isn't Roller Coaster of Duty.

RCTLOVER
12-27-2014, 04:52 PM
Stop complaining about it being cartoony. RCT 1 AND 2 AND 3 WERE ALL CARTOOONY SO SHUT UP YOU UNGRATEFUL PEOPLE.

blueangel8xxx
12-28-2014, 01:19 AM
I actually prefer RCT3 over 2 and 1. Just cause the game has that certain touch to it that I like. If you judge games by their graphics then you aren't going to find many games you'd want now a days. For example, the majority of the games on Steam are cartoony and very un-realistic. Judge the game for what it is overall, not just its graphics.

The trailer is obviously going to have better graphics as most trailers for games do.

Taizen
12-28-2014, 08:22 AM
I love RCT3's style as well. I'm glad they're building upon that and sticking with a 3D experience.

JMR
12-29-2014, 01:42 PM
I love RCT3's style as well. I'm glad they're building upon that and sticking with a 3D experience.

I agree.

Whilst RCT1 & 2 are both special, I feel like we're done with that style and are moving forward. I think RCT1 & 2 do what they do very well and if we ever want that, we can just play them games for the nostalgia.

iChase
12-29-2014, 07:52 PM
I agree.

Whilst RCT1 & 2 are both special, I feel like we're done with that style and are moving forward. I think RCT1 & 2 do what they do very well and if we ever want that, we can just play them games for the nostalgia.

That's exactly it. Those games were excellent, but they were limited to Chris Sawyer's limited development team and the computing power at the time. Times have changed and so has technology. RCT1 & 2 still exist and are perfectly playable, but they are in the history of the series.

I'm anxious to see how nice RCTW will look now that Area 52 have (hopefully) seen many of the shortcomings in RCT3. 3D was a massive step forward for the series, but it didn't seem completely fleshed out.

RCTW1
12-29-2014, 08:38 PM
RCT3 was also my favorite. Just spruce it up some for RCTW.
RCT2 was spruced up a bit from RCT1.

rollercoasterfan
12-30-2014, 08:33 PM
Roller coaster tycoon 3 is the best in the series, because coaster cam sandbox and 3d graphics. it may be a bit buggy at time then first 2, but still a better overall game.