PDA

View Full Version : RCTW - Blog #19 - Release Date Announcement and Beta Access Info!

Mattlab
09-29-2015, 01:09 PM
NOTE: The original blog post can be found by clicking here (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-19-release-date-announcement-and-beta-access-info/).

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/rctwhayride.jpg

Dear Tycoons,

It is a very exciting day for RollerCoaster Tycoon World. Today, we are proud to announce that our worldwide release date is December 10, 2015 on both PC and Linux-based systems!

Also, we are announcing our RCTW pre-order program, which will give you access to our two prelaunch Beta weekends, allowing you to play before anyone else! The Beta weekends will take place in late October and late November, 2015.

Beta periods are an extremely important part of the development process as they allow us to see how players are interacting with the game prior to a larger release. This gives us time to make final tweaks, polish, and bug fixes before launching. It also allows, you, the community, to channel your feedback to us by playing the game and letting us know what you think. Any and all feedback is appreciated! With the Beta program, there is no better way to get involved in the development of RCTW – other than being an actual developer of course!

And one other thing – You can pre-order RollerCoaster Tycoon World RIGHT NOW (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/buy/)!!! Please note that you must pre-order the game to take part in the Beta programs.

RollerCoaster Tycoon World will be available in both Standard and Deluxe editions. The Deluxe Edition includes two additional maps, terrain texture additions, a digital art book, a gold park entrance, and the classic Panda mascot! Details on both editions can be found by Clicking Here. (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/buy/)

Additionally, as a thank you for your support and feedback, every preorder comes with 5 additional peep skins! Show off to the world that you were an early adopter by having 5 exclusive peeps in your park!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/rctwring.png

And we haven’t forgotten about all the future UGC-creators. We are currently working on a way for you to be able to get a head start on content creation. A number of you have emailed us about this and we ask that you please stay tuned for announcements soon on that topic.

I know this forum is mainly in English, but there are a lot of non-native English speakers who love RCT. This is why I am also delighted to announce that the game will support the following languages at launch: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Dutch, and Simplified Chinese!

Lastly, some good news for you Mac users out there – RCTW WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR MAC! We don’t have a set release date yet for our Mac edition, but we’ll update you all as soon as we have more information.

With that, I wanted to personally thank all who show support for the great team making RollerCoaster Tycoon World. Nvizzio has been overwhelmed with the amazing response to their work so far, and to the behind-the-scenes video. So on behalf of all of them, thank you!

We can’t wait to share the game with you and discuss your Beta gameplay in our forums. As we head into the home stretch, this collaboration between the community and the developers is invaluable in making the best RCT game possible. We’ll be in touch again soon, but until then, one last treat – two brand-new screenshots!

Cheers,
Mattlab

Kombiice
09-29-2015, 01:12 PM
YEAH !! thats fast

OTR24
09-29-2015, 01:13 PM
Yes I can't wait!

JMR
09-29-2015, 01:14 PM
This is making me very excited. Ever since blog #1 I was looking forward to the day when I would pre-order. It has been so long since the last RCT game and it makes me really happy ordering the game. It's not just a 'coming soon' any more. Now it's the real deal. People have put their money forward and the game is officially going ahead to a solid release date.

It's been a rather bumpy road, but I have to say a huge thank you to the team at NVIZZIO for pulling the game together.

Went ahead and grabbed the deluxe addition as fast as I could.

Today is a big day for the RCT franchise. I am so excited now, I wonder how I'll control myself at launch.

Thank you for everything.

OTR24
09-29-2015, 01:15 PM
You added the super loop to the game! Yes that's a flat ride I suggested! Yes!

snowyday
09-29-2015, 01:16 PM
Mattlab I want to get a boxed copy would I still get the beta and is the Deluxe version going to be at retail and would it be coming out for consoles like Wii U or NINTENDO NX

The Stig
09-29-2015, 01:19 PM
Yaaaaay, A release date.
12-10-15.

Wittloc
09-29-2015, 01:26 PM
Preordered!

Bertje
09-29-2015, 01:30 PM
I just want to thank YOU guys for making this game and for all the hard work you put into it. I have always been a huge fan of the franchise and I have been following RCTW since the day it was announced. I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm pre-ordering right now!

snowyday
09-29-2015, 01:31 PM
Please answer my question I need to know if I can get the beta if a Pre-order a box copy

k1ng r4t
09-29-2015, 01:43 PM
Yessss, finally people won't ask the same 3 questions 100 times a day now!

But please please pleeaasseee don't tell me the first beta weekend is Halloween weekend (very last weekend of October). That's not fair! It's Halloween! And I'll be out of town. Please make it the weekend before!!!

Ben01
09-29-2015, 01:44 PM
Please answer my question I need to know if I can get the beta if a Pre-order a box copy

I don't think there is a chance to get the beta with a box copy, cause the beta will be made accessible for the weekends with steam. But you could try to pre-order with steam. pre-oder on steam to play the beta for not more than two hours and then use the steam return policy to return the game and later buy the box copy :p

f794251
09-29-2015, 01:45 PM
Traditional Chinese , please !
Lot of people hate Simplified Chinese!

Converting Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese is just click in MS Word or other tools.

garretslarrity
09-29-2015, 01:45 PM
Ha! My last final of the semester is on the 10th! Your timing could not be better!

JMR
09-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Ha! My last final of the semester is on the 10th! Your timing could not be better!

You know what they say -- work hard, play hard! ;)

vitor.sousa2000
09-29-2015, 01:49 PM
Already pre-ordered the deluxe edition!

RCTFan
09-29-2015, 01:51 PM
me too i whould I'd like to know

Kambor
09-29-2015, 01:52 PM
I would pre-order the game but my internet is really bad. :( How big is the game?
I think I'll have to buy the box copy

snowyday
09-29-2015, 01:58 PM
me too i whould I'd like to know

Yeah I need to know because I need to get the beta so I know the game will work on my laptop

DanishDude93
09-29-2015, 02:01 PM
Man I'm so happy that I've sold a lot of TF2 items and Steam tradingcards for this :D Deluxe for me, yay!

garretslarrity
09-29-2015, 02:02 PM
So tell us how the beta will work! Will we be actively reporting bugs or just passively playing while you guys monitor everything? I've never done a beta before so I have no idea how they work, but am very excited to have this be my first one!

JMR
09-29-2015, 02:09 PM
So tell us how the beta will work! Will we be actively reporting bugs or just passively playing while you guys monitor everything? I've never done a beta before so I have no idea how they work, but am very excited to have this be my first one!

The majority of people will probably play passively and then report any bugs when they come across them, then post their feedback here on the forums.

sam_93
09-29-2015, 02:16 PM
Just put that in my calendar, the countdown begins! VERY exciting.

Quick question Matt, will the Deluxe edition also be in physical form? Or will retailers only stock the standard edition (making the deluxe edition a steam exclusive).

YAY :)

MichaelA
09-29-2015, 02:22 PM
I would pre-order the game but my internet is really bad. :( How big is the game?

I'd imagine the game to be anywhere from 10 - 20 GB. Also you don't need good internet to preorder :) You're only able to download the game beta weekends + launch day

The second I saw my RSS Feed reader light up I knew it was you guys, preordered instantly! I can't wait to participate in beta

Asgaurd
09-29-2015, 02:25 PM
Normally I do not pre order anymore due to Elite dangerous ripping me off in promises and content (biggest waste of money i have ever invested) , but i have watched the development of this game go from awesome possibilities to crap to back to awesome again and i think matlab has been the guiding force in this. so from what i have seen and how matlab (atari) have listened to there customer base and actually changed the game to what the masses wanted, I am happy to pre order and i say all the best guys and well done to NVIZZIO for finally creating a RCT game that is worthy of the name, well done all.

alexalexalex
09-29-2015, 02:32 PM
Preordered!

I must advise people to use the steam preorder

Just found out i paid a lot more because i used the link in the blog, instead of going directly to steam. The Atari webshop charged me 75$ for the deluxe edition (60 USD + 15 USD in tax) That is around 67 Euro

Then i go and see on steam that i could have gotten it for 55 Euro, which is around 62 USD.

:confused:

Indominus
09-29-2015, 02:34 PM
Great blog! I'm gonna pre-order as soon as I have the money! :)

Is that a wing coaster I see in the back of the 2nd screenshot? :)

ETapley0687
09-29-2015, 02:43 PM

The Steam page shows 10GB.

RctwUltraFan
09-29-2015, 02:43 PM
its a little bit sad that you have to pay for the beta but i am fine with it

ETapley0687
09-29-2015, 02:45 PM
This has been such an up and down journey lol. I'm so pleased with the final product. You guys are doing a great job, I'm going to pre order when I get home! So excited!!!!

k1ng r4t
09-29-2015, 02:55 PM
Preordered!

I must advise people to use the steam preorder

Just found out i paid a lot more because i used the link in the blog, instead of going directly to steam. The Atari webshop charged me 75$ for the deluxe edition (60 USD + 15 USD in tax) That is around 67 Euro

Then i go and see on steam that i could have gotten it for 55 Euro, which is around 62 USD.

:confused:

You must've got lucky then cause I just checked and the prices are the same. Hm...

Acid Regulation
09-29-2015, 02:58 PM
The Deluxe edition is not really... "deluxe".

great news nonetheless, pre-ordered right as soon as I saw this!

k1ng r4t
09-29-2015, 02:58 PM
its a little bit sad that you have to pay for the beta but i am fine with it

That's pretty standard for closed betas and pretty much always has been unless you're in with the devs. I'm ok with it because it means only people who actually care will play it and report back, instead of playing it and complaining how much it sucks cause how unfinished and buggy it is. I know it sounds stupid, but trust me, I've seen it 200+ times...

ddrplaya4638
09-29-2015, 02:59 PM
Planet coaster is charging twice the amount of the game for the beta so having it included in preorder is amazing.!

You guys made my day today!

ddrplaya4638
09-29-2015, 03:00 PM

Sadly I think it's just another Hyper coaster.

alexalexalex
09-29-2015, 03:01 PM
You must've got lucky then cause I just checked and the prices are the same. Hm...

Lucky i paid more ? Hmm here the steam price is still cheaper at 55 euro

Kambor
09-29-2015, 03:02 PM
I'd imagine the game to be anywhere from 10 - 20 GB. Also you don't need good internet to preorder :) You're only able to download the game beta weekends + launch day

I know, but the download would take really long (4000 Kbit connection)

The Steam page shows 10GB.
thx

joeybolufe
09-29-2015, 03:02 PM
As much as I would like to take part in the beta, I just really don't want to pre-order :( It also kind of sucks that you have to pay an extra $10 for 2 maps and a couple of skins.
Has a campaign mode even been announced? All i've seen is the same generic map. I hope there's more info and details. Honeslty i'd rather wait for reviews than pre-order this just based on the great times i've had with the previous games in the series.

ddrplaya4638
09-29-2015, 03:03 PM
Hopefully they will support preload for rctw.

Also there are 3 modes at launch
1. Sandbox
2. Campaign
3. Scenario

So don't worry about that :)

intoxination
09-29-2015, 03:04 PM
Well after nightmares with PayPal being down, I finally got it pre-ordered :D

(I guess you guys broke PayPal with everyone buying LOL)

WijnandGomes
09-29-2015, 03:06 PM
Lol, goodbye money, I pre-ordered :D

Wobbly
09-29-2015, 03:07 PM
Thank you so much! Pre-Ordering now. Such a great day today indeed :)

Edit: Any pictures of the deluxe extras?

JMR
09-29-2015, 03:08 PM
Has a campaign mode even been announced?

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wll0DXSIrQQ&t=4m15s

Has a campaign mode even been announced? All i've seen is the same generic map. I hope there's more info and details. Honeslty i'd rather wait for reviews than pre-order this just based on the great times i've had with the previous games in the series.

Actually, a ton of details were announced in the PAX livestream. (Including details about maps)

I made a thread covering all of the key things from PAX.
https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?4893-Pax-livestream-timestamps-Things-confirmed-inside-of-the-PAX-livestream

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

Hopefully they will support preload for rctw.

I agree. Although my internet is good now, I had to go through the struggles of having 0.6mbps download a few years ago.

DonSPa
09-29-2015, 03:08 PM
normally I don't pre order and would have waited for a physical copy,had to think hard about the price for the deluxe but went ahead and preordered it,hope the extras or worth the price

DonSPa
09-29-2015, 03:14 PM
oh wow just looked on the calendar and realized beta will be here within the next 4 weeks

joeybolufe
09-29-2015, 03:15 PM
I still don't see the need to pre-order to get access to the beta. Makes me feel like they're just trying to milk the hardcore fans of their money before the game even comes out. They even have a "deluxe edition" to get that extra $10. This series is my favorite series of all time but I am never paying for a beta.

joeybolufe
09-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wll0DXSIrQQ&t=4m15s

He says, "one continuous campaign." That sounds to me like one map. That kind of worries me. I like the campaign modes because with each "level" it was a completely different park. This sounds to me like they got lazy and just through together some make shift goals and called it a campaign

dwwilkin
09-29-2015, 03:22 PM
I find this post much like the posts that had too little information last spring. As far as I can tell we had a date, and we have pre-order pricing. We have now determined that the Beta will be only for those who pre-order and who only will spend those two weekends playing. Which is not a strong system of feedback. It does not cull from a variety of experience, nor give these beta-testers a chance to really spend a lot of time. Assume weekend means 3 days. Even if a player were to give 16 hours each day to test, document and upload the feedback, already since this is being offered more as a bonus if you preorder rather than a request for hard work from the developers to their playtesters, will solid beta test feedback be generated. Will bugs be found, reported and corrected, or is a pat on the back, forum posts of job well done, there are nothing wrong threads, going to see life from Fanboys who have forked over at least $50 for the privilege.

What are Peep Skins? Why is it a bonus to get 5 more if you but the better package? Does this mean that the peep generation system from RCT3 is being superseded as a micro-transaction money maker for RCTW? You want more diverse Peeps in your park, buy peep skins at $.99 where we have been guaranteed that there will be no micro transactions at all. Again with additional maps, will you pay for those as they are made, making the game feel like a micro-transaction, rather than a DLC game?

Aside from release date, not really happy with this post at all

Asgaurd
09-29-2015, 03:24 PM
Planet coaster is made by Frontier Developments (Elite dangerous ripoff merchants) dont go near them you will regret it over 300 people i know already do. They issued a summons againts Frontier for a refund as the game they payed for was nothing like what was delivered, ( they were basically told by frontier to (*&^%$ off) love the customer relations lol.)_

joeybolufe
09-29-2015, 03:26 PM
I find this post much like the posts that had too little information last spring. As far as I can tell we had a date, and we have pre-order pricing. We have now determined that the Beta will be only for those who pre-order and who only will spend those two weekends playing. Which is not a strong system of feedback. It does not cull from a variety of experience, nor give these beta-testers a chance to really spend a lot of time. Assume weekend means 3 days. Even if a player were to give 16 hours each day to test, document and upload the feedback, already since this is being offered more as a bonus if you preorder rather than a request for hard work from the developers to their playtesters, will solid beta test feedback be generated. Will bugs be found, reported and corrected, or is a pat on the back, forum posts of job well done, there are nothing wrong threads, going to see life from Fanboys who have forked over at least $50 for the privilege.

What are Peep Skins? Why is it a bonus to get 5 more if you but the better package? Does this mean that the peep generation system from RCT3 is being superseded as a micro-transaction money maker for RCTW? You want more diverse Peeps in your park, buy peep skins at $.99 where we have been guaranteed that there will be no micro transactions at all. Again with additional maps, will you pay for those as they are made, making the game feel like a micro-transaction, rather than a DLC game?

I totally agree with everything in this post

Nickolodeon08
09-29-2015, 03:30 PM
Pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition, can't wait!!!! :D

JMR
09-29-2015, 03:53 PM
We have now determined that the Beta will be only for those who pre-order and who only will spend those two weekends playing. Which is not a strong system of feedback. It does not cull from a variety of experience, nor give these beta-testers a chance to really spend a lot of time. Assume weekend means 3 days. Even if a player were to give 16 hours each day to test, document and upload the feedback, already since this is being offered more as a bonus if you preorder rather than a request for hard work from the developers to their playtesters, will solid beta test feedback be generated. Will bugs be found, reported and corrected, or is a pat on the back, forum posts of job well done, there are nothing wrong threads, going to see life from Fanboys who have forked over at least $50 for the privilege.

You make a strong argument and I agree with you, I think the beta testing period is too short.

The peep skins are a pre-order bonus, not part of the deluxe edition.

But, it feels strange that they'd hold game-changing content (additional textures and maps) back and turn it into a deluxe version. Then again, I guess business is business. I'd feel differently about this if the deluxe edition was released say, 2-3 months after launch.

If they'd just had the following in the deluxe edition;

Additional Mascot
Golden Park Entrance
Digital Art Book

then had the additional textures and maps in the standard, I would be much happier, because the deluxe edition would just be like a collectors edition then.

Thanks for bringing this up dwwilkin. I don't like the road that the deluxe version has taken.

I'm all for DLC and expansion packs, but holding important content back seems a little too cheeky.

AtiTech
09-29-2015, 04:05 PM
Ok take my money :-) preorderd

Ireeb
09-29-2015, 04:07 PM
I preordered the normal edition. I am not okay with restricting something like terrain textures to the deluxe edition; even with the maps, the entrance and the artbook it is too expensive, 10€ for that is just ridiculous, and I am not supporting it. EA is it you?

qbmaster
09-29-2015, 04:08 PM
RollerCoaster Tycoon World will be available in both Standard and Deluxe editions. The Deluxe Edition includes two additional maps, terrain texture additions, a digital art book, a gold park entrance, and the classic Panda mascot! Details on both editions can be found by Clicking Here. (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/buy/)

So does this mean that peeps won't be among the items that can be user-customizable?

What will/won't we be able to natively customize in the game?
I'd like to see a list.

Achronite
09-29-2015, 04:14 PM
The steam pricing seems a bit off in the UK - £30 for Standard & £45 for Deluxe. That seems a massive jump between the editions, especially as the US only charges $10 difference (£6.60). Think I'll just order the standard edition - £15 ($22.73) seems way too much for the extra content.

Also - any idea why the release date is showing as 29th December in the UK on Steam when you add it to the basket?

trolleyguy8
09-29-2015, 04:16 PM
I preordered the normal edition. I am not okay with restricting something like terrain textures to the deluxe edition; even with the maps, the entrance and the artbook it is too expensive, 10€ for that is just ridiculous, and I am not supporting it. EA is it you?

I completely agree with both of you.

So does this mean that peeps won't be among the items that can be user-customizable?

What will/won't we be able to natively customize in the game?
I'd like to see a list.

This is worrying me as well. Having exclusive skins that you have to pay for on release makes me worried about good the modding capabilities actually are.

I am happy about the Linux version, though.

Joe Android
09-29-2015, 04:19 PM
GREAT NEWS, yes sir! Thanks Mattlab! At the end we didn't have to wait until Friday for have the blog, my desire was killing me!

The price is very good and I love the two new images! Oh my God, that coaster with pre-fabricated tracks, love me! Everything looks cleaner than at PAX, sure many things have improved, there are two months ahead, I trust that they will improve many things and work on peep animations, as Mattlab said, that ''are a HUGE focus of our polish effort''. I trust in you, Atari and Nvizzio! :o

And of course, this week I will pre-order the game, without doubt! You will have my money, Atari, you deserve it, thanks for having reality this dream, 10 years have been, but the wait was worthwhile, thanks again! :D:cool:

tutugm
09-29-2015, 04:23 PM
Hi everybody!!! How are you?
I have a doubt :)
I'm from Brazil and I bought the game from Steam Brasil. I bought pre-order Deluxe Edition but a I don't know if the game is the same offer in US$, because the price in Real (R$) is cheaper than dollar.
Someone can tell me if I'll receive the same that was offer in Pre-Order?

*Sorry about my english guys :(. I would just like to express common doubts,
Thaksss!!! ;-)

1wolffan
09-29-2015, 04:25 PM
Honestly, I don't think Atari should be selling the deluxe version at all really. Keeping assets withheld from people with less money (like the unemployed) is considered shady business these days. I think it would be alright if the Golden gate, and the Digital art book were the 'deluxe' features (though a less-expensive price). Those particular items don't feel like they penalize people for being poor, just because they can't afford the 'Deluxe' Edition.

Once people start uploading maps/scenarios, there will be conflicts (though seemingly minor) between the people who could afford the deluxe version, and the people who needed to save every cent they could but still wanted the new RCT game. I'm going to be rather disappointed when I go to install my first custom scenario that someone used one of the deluxe assets in... and get a CTD, or some error telling me, "This map uses assets not found in your version of the game, you can't use it."

At least with expansion packs, you get content equal to the amount of money you need to pay. I'm just not sure 2 maps, a couple textures, and a panda are worth ten bucks. I likely won't even use the art book, even IF I got that version. It reminds me too much of Sims where one map, and a few game items cost more than the game itself did... though not as extreme, obviously.

Ireeb
09-29-2015, 04:35 PM
I'm from Brazil and I bought the game from Steam Brasil. I bought pre-order Deluxe Edition but a I don't know if the game is the same offer in US$, because the price in Real (R$) is cheaper than dollar.

Thaksss!!! ;-)

I would like to help you, but unfortunately I am not sure what your question is. Can you say it in another way or be more specific about what your doubt is?

JMR
09-29-2015, 04:39 PM

Thaksss!!! ;-)

Here you go:

https://www.steamprices.com/br/search/?q=roller+coaster+tycoon+world&p=1

tutugm
09-29-2015, 04:44 PM
I would like to help you, but unfortunately I am not sure what your question is. Can you say it in another way or be more specific about what your doubt is?

Hmmm... If think the price for Brazilians (in Steam) is too chepaer, for exemple, if I'll pay in dollar the sounds is like US$ 25,00 (Deluxe Edition)... And this create a doubt if inlcude the Beta release, like offer in pre-order.
I know that is not a really important doubt... is more of a curiosity.

Thank you again ;-)

MrBob101
09-29-2015, 04:46 PM
You added the super loop to the game! Yes that's a flat ride I suggested! Yes!
Thank you!!! I love that flat ride! I will be able to to make Six Flags New England for the 2016 year!!!

RCTW1
09-29-2015, 04:46 PM
I'm kinda interested in parts of the deluxe model, and the 5 peep skins which I believe is for both S & D, but I need more info.

JSkorzec
09-29-2015, 04:47 PM
Is there a way to pre-order it at my local GameStop or only on Steam (or digital in general) ?
And if so , When is it possible ? ^^

JMR
09-29-2015, 04:50 PM
Hmmm... If think the price for Brazilians (in Steam) is too chepaer, for exemple, if I'll pay in dollar the sounds is like US$ 25,00 (Deluxe Edition)... And this create a doubt if inlcude the Beta release, like offer in pre-order.
I know that is not a really important doubt... is more of a curiosity.

Thank you again ;-)

I see what you mean. R$90 = $22 USD

Not to worry, it will include beta. Looks like you Brazilians get a neat price.

___________________________________________-

Is there a way to pre-order it at my local GameStop or only on Steam (or digital in general) ?
And if so , When is it possible ? ^^

Here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/282560/

Akydo
09-29-2015, 04:56 PM
To NVIZZIO Great job on the game so far,keep up the good Work.

tutugm
09-29-2015, 04:56 PM
I see what you mean. R$90 = $22 USD

Not to worry, it will include beta. Looks like you Brazilians get a neat price.

___________________________________________-

Here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/282560/

Oh Thanks JMR! I really appreciate your time to answer me! :D

Akydo
09-29-2015, 05:03 PM
MaTTLabb

There needs to be Lights on the Ring of the Super Loop. Majority of super loops have Bulbs in a square pattern or Triangular pattern going around the ring. Dont just give us a light at the entrance with headlights on the train/vehicle.

JSkorzec
09-29-2015, 05:05 PM
@JMR
I know that I can Pre-Order it on Steam but I'd like to have a pre-order of the actual disc not the download :D

SymphonyX4
09-29-2015, 05:07 PM

I'm not sure what it is. I've never seen a coaster with the supports coming out of the top of the track! :D

Kambor
09-29-2015, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure what it is. I've never seen a coaster with the supports coming out of the top of the track! :D
997 looks good to me. Kappa

Vampiro
09-29-2015, 05:38 PM
I just Pre-Ordered the Deluxe version :)

Matt? Are there any plans to update us about scenery? Can we still build buildings piece-by-piece like we could in previous games?

JMR
09-29-2015, 05:47 PM
997 looks good to me. Kappa

I know right. Can't believe people don't know what an inverted coaster is... :rolleyes: http://i.imgur.com/k7p75qq.png

Angelis
09-29-2015, 06:43 PM
And we haven’t forgotten about all the future UGC-creators. We are currently working on a way for you to be able to get a head start on content creation. A number of you have emailed us about this and we ask that you please stay tuned for announcements soon on that topic.Ok. Perfect ! This is just what i wanted to know.

Well ... I'm waiting the next topic then :)

Mathore77
09-29-2015, 06:53 PM
Sweet news. I saw at the end of your post that you said that you will release info in the creation tools later. Please include a tes model of like a peep or a building along with any grid and measurement tools so that we can easily and quickly get things working. I am already starting to model some objects in anticipation. thanks guys for all the hard work keep it up!

BNA210
09-29-2015, 07:08 PM
Will the Preorder's be in stores too,?
or can you only get it thru steam, i wanna really play the beta,
dont wanna buy thru steam
Its on my christmas list

BTW This is for MATTLAB

jchristiansmith
09-29-2015, 07:29 PM
Lastly, some good news for you Mac users out there – RCTW WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR MAC! We don’t have a set release date yet for our Mac edition, but we’ll update you all as soon as we have more information.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I hope it runs decently on a macbook pro (2013-2015) and iMacs as well. I'm not looking for earth-shattering resolution or graphics, but a nice, playable game is all. Again, thank you for confirming this for us! So many mac users will be able to enjoy this game now, and even more in the future as more and more students buy macs for school. (My Uni uses macs almost exclusively, with only 2 PC labs. The other 10 labs are all macs, and most students I see walking around campus have macs as well). This was an awesome decision, and you guys will definitely get your moneys worth on this investment!

Markov
09-29-2015, 07:49 PM
That flat ride though <33 :D
OMG I'm so excited!!

SteamLoco87
09-29-2015, 08:06 PM
Well I pre-ordered the basic copy, mainly because it's what I can afford for now, otherwise I would have gone for the Deluxe pack.
Hopefully the Deluxe content can be purchased later down the track.

jerseygrrll
09-29-2015, 08:39 PM
Preordered the deluxe copy! I knew there had to be some advantage to being an adult... most of the time.

k1ng r4t
09-29-2015, 08:43 PM
I really don't understand why they would make you pay more for terrain textures. Skins, mascots and entrances are one thing(even though all entrances should also be included), but I don't see how terrain textures should in any way cost extra. But I also don't know exactly what a "terrain texture" is when it comes to RCTW and it could be something meaningless that doesn't actually pertain to the texture types you'll use when customizing terrain. Like a different colored sky or something equally as meh that they just call a terrain texture to make it sound fancy.

I'll be pre-ordering, but I'm as of now undecided on which one until we can hopefully get a few more details on why peep skins and terrain textures are worth another $10.

0BobTheJanitor
09-29-2015, 09:46 PM
I really don't understand why they would make you pay more for terrain textures. Skins, mascots and entrances are one thing(even though all entrances should also be included), but I don't see how terrain textures should in any way cost extra. But I also don't know exactly what a "terrain texture" is when it comes to RCTW and it could be something meaningless that doesn't actually pertain to the texture types you'll use when customizing terrain. Like a different colored sky or something equally as meh that they just call a terrain texture to make it sound fancy.

I'll be pre-ordering, but I'm as of now undecided on which one until we can hopefully get a few more details on why peep skins and terrain textures are worth another $10.

Hope it's not like sand or dirt. It better be stuff like rainbow ground, or other cool things that don't punish the game for others.

davaze
09-29-2015, 10:42 PM
Just pre-ordered the Deluxe version. Now i still wonder if UGC also include flat rides. I have created some nice models (for Theme Park Studio) and would love to try them in RCTW as well. Any info on that? Will UGC be available during the beta's as well?

bagnome
09-29-2015, 11:33 PM
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/walkingdead/images/3/3f/Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

ParadeOfHorror
09-29-2015, 11:36 PM
This is very exciting news! I didn't expect to find out news like this so soon, But of course with this new found information I have a few questions like the rest of us. I plan on getting the Deluxe eddition but i would like to see what the 5 spiecal peep sikns are as well as the Park gate, Mascot, park map and terrain pack in game or even game rendering

keeper262
09-29-2015, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the Info! The screen shots look great! I am so excited for this game!

rdrunr
09-30-2015, 03:09 AM
When hovering over the Deluxe version on Steam and the description pops up, it reads that this version includes "additional exclusive mascots" as in plural mascots. So we get more than just the Panda mascot, excellent!

Scott97
09-30-2015, 03:40 AM
The steam pricing seems a bit off in the UK - £30 for Standard & £45 for Deluxe. That seems a massive jump between the editions, especially as the US only charges $10 difference (£6.60). Think I'll just order the standard edition - £15 ($22.73) seems way too much for the extra content.

Also - any idea why the release date is showing as 29th December in the UK on Steam when you add it to the basket?

I was thinking exactly the same thing actually. I was planning on getting the deluxe version but there's no way I'm shelling out an extra £15 for just those few things

Cortex
09-30-2015, 04:18 AM
Yeah finaly, Have to finish my rct3 park fast now :P. Already started with some CS :D Thankyou Mattlab

Acid Regulation
09-30-2015, 04:56 AM
I said it already, but I'll say it in a more direct way: The Deluxe version is bullsh*t.

Atari = EA

BRUXXUS
09-30-2015, 05:39 AM
I've paid $59 USD for every AAA game I've ever bought. The way I see it is that this isn't as much a "Deluxe" version as they're selling one at $10 less as a "lite" version.

I was expecting the game to be $60 in the first place, so it's not too bad.

I'm not sure I really care about the extra content as much as the extra $10 is my way of saying thanks to the developers. They've worked unbelievably fast and diligently to get the game out this year and I'll gladly pay a little extra, even if the game ends up with some bugs at launch. They've proven how dedicated they are and I expect fantastic support for a long time.

As a rule... I never pre-order, but I'm making exceptions this year. Two games that I've been following for years, SOMA (which is AMAZING), and RTCW. I want them to be successful.

CoasterDrive
09-30-2015, 05:40 AM
For one, i pre-ordered it as well because i love RCT and i am excited about the beta and the game.
That said, the screenshots are a step in the wrong direction. The trees look really bad and distorted. And look closely at the supports of the Rollercoaster in the back: The are attached on the track side with train going through like butter :(

JHouston
09-30-2015, 07:28 AM
I have an issue with the current game and it would be interesting to here your thoughts

The way i played RCT3 when i was younger and even now is that i love to build roller coasters as they all have different feature and in RCT3 they all had very different styles and appearances which made it fun to build many roller coasters that would look different. However in this game if there are only 4 types of coasters im worried my park will just look like bluh. It will all look the same with no style. Also if there is so few flat rides am i going to be repeating rides in my park. The issue for me with this is when it comes to the management side of the game if were not going to spend as long building rides or creating terrain, were going to want to do something else and if there is just one building for janitors and you set the budget there wont be any fun in micro managing the employees. My fear is that pretty quickly i will get bored off the game as all my rides will end up looking the same, there are so few flat rides i will have no choice and with this minimalist management style i wonder what my time on the game will be spent on!

I would love to hear your thoughts on my ideas.

CoasterDrive
09-30-2015, 07:35 AM
That's why i really hope that scenery and custom buildings are a major part of this game. thinking about every detail, from queue decor to near miss moment during the ride and huge custom buildings to make your new coaster in the park shine out is what makes me play RCT3 for days.

JMR
09-30-2015, 07:39 AM
That's why i really hope that scenery and custom buildings are a major part of this game. thinking about every detail, from queue decor to near miss moment during the ride and huge custom buildings to make your new coaster in the park shine out is what makes me play RCT3 for days.

I agree. RCT3 became more than just a game, it became a platform to express your creativity.

Helena
09-30-2015, 07:43 AM
I agree. RCT3 became more than just a game, it became a platform to express your creativity.

Which is funny you say that because I thought RCT3 had so much fewer scenery objects compared with RCT1 or 2 and I was grumpy about that. haha. (yes, oldtimer here, began with RCT as RCT1 demo. wow wow wow wow wow world's best game!)

JMR
09-30-2015, 07:44 AM
Which is funny you say that because I thought RCT3 had so much fewer scenery objects compared with RCT1 or 2 and I was grumpy about that. haha. (yes, oldtimer here, began with RCT as RCT1 demo. wow wow wow wow wow world's best game!)

I was not speaking of vanilla RCT3. ;) The custom scenery was RCT3's backbone for the long run.

Helena
09-30-2015, 07:47 AM
I was not speaking of vanilla RCT3. ;) The custom scenery was RCT3's backbone for the long run.

Ok gotcha. :) But then we can hope for similar thing with RCTW, but I would prefer 1000 times more if it is built in because same style and feel. (or at least made by same artist)

I worry there will be 9 "low resolution" objects to every 10. (as in too low detailed objects, objects directly from RCT3 or older games) But maybe I will not say much, after all Steam has good sorting of objects, I know that by using Cities Skylines. Good grades, popular downloads etc.

JMR
09-30-2015, 08:00 AM
Ok gotcha. :) But then we can hope for similar thing with RCTW, but I would prefer 1000 times more if it is built in because same style and feel. (or at least made by same artist)

I worry there will be 9 "low resolution" objects to every 10. (as in too low detailed objects, objects directly from RCT3 or older games) But maybe I will not say much, after all Steam has good sorting of objects, I know that by using Cities Skylines. Good grades, popular downloads etc.

I agree. When you're allowing everyone and everyone to submit their custom scenery, you're going to end up with an awful lot of trash, that is just how it is. That's the beauty of them utilizing Steam workshop, all the good scenery made will most likely be the most popular.

I plan on hunting down all the great scenery and individually highlighting them on my livestream.

Jamppa158
09-30-2015, 08:52 AM
Pre-ordered the deluxe edition. The pre-order bonuses are fair and not gamebreaking so got nothing to complain about.

Big_Boy
09-30-2015, 08:55 AM
I'm wonderign witch weekend the beta will happen in october ... would be nice to give some time on it mattlab ?

Robert Male
09-30-2015, 09:12 AM
Will the Mac version get a beta access and the same exclusives you get with the deluxe and normal version of the game?

Robert Male
09-30-2015, 09:14 AM
I said it already, but I'll say it in a more direct way: The Deluxe version is bullsh*t.

Atari = EA

In what way?

You get exclusives that won't be available again. Such as the golden park entrance that you can show off in your parks to players that visit it/them.

JMR
09-30-2015, 09:20 AM
Will the Mac version get a beta access and the same exclusives you get with the deluxe and normal version of the game?

The Mac version will not be available until after launch.

Robert Male
09-30-2015, 09:21 AM
Well I pre-ordered the basic copy, mainly because it's what I can afford for now, otherwise I would have gone for the Deluxe pack.
Hopefully the Deluxe content can be purchased later down the track.

I highly doubt that the golden park entrance etc will come back. Other than for the Mac version that will probably be coming out next year. These rewards are exclusives when you purchase the game early. Loads of games have exclusives that never come back which is a good thing. Only the true fans will purchase the game early and get all the exclusive features. The only things I can see coming back from the deluxe / ultimate package is the exotic themed pack and the terrain pack.

Robert Male
09-30-2015, 09:24 AM
@JMR
I know that I can Pre-Order it on Steam but I'd like to have a pre-order of the actual disc not the download :D

Is there anywhere that tells us a disk version of the game is coming?

Robert Male
09-30-2015, 09:25 AM
@JMR

It says on the buy page that the game is powered by Steam so I think we'll get a code to unlock it on Steam.

MikeDance
09-30-2015, 09:26 AM
Cheers,
Mattlab

Will we get a EXE version of the pre-order as-well as Steam (As I and others don't like that software), and will the Mac version be included in the pre-order since there's no Mac Pre-order (and I've paid for a pre-order too).

JMR
09-30-2015, 09:28 AM
@JMR

You can pre-order the box copy of the game here:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/rollercoaster-tycoon-world/11090647.html

Robert Male
09-30-2015, 09:29 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I hope it runs decently on a macbook pro (2013-2015) and iMacs as well. I'm not looking for earth-shattering resolution or graphics, but a nice, playable game is all. Again, thank you for confirming this for us! So many mac users will be able to enjoy this game now, and even more in the future as more and more students buy macs for school. (My Uni uses macs almost exclusively, with only 2 PC labs. The other 10 labs are all macs, and most students I see walking around campus have macs as well). This was an awesome decision, and you guys will definitely get your moneys worth on this investment!

Here are the minimum specs for Rollercoaster Tycoon World for Windows for reference.

MINIMUM:
Processor: 2.3 Ghz Core i5 or AMD equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Dedicated video card with 1GB of RAM (or above)
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 10 GB available space
Additional Notes: Subject to Change

Robert Male
09-30-2015, 09:31 AM
Thank you!!! I love that flat ride! I will be able to to make Six Flags New England for the 2016 year!!!

I would love if they re-release old Rollercoaster Tycoon and 2 parks. For example the Six Flags ones from RCT 2. What do you think about that?

Angelis
09-30-2015, 09:33 AM
In what way?

You get exclusives that won't be available again. Such as the golden park entrance that you can show off in your parks to players that visit it/them.I cannot speak for him, but in my opinion, i REALLY hope it's not the start of a "DLC Strategy", because i want some "Add-on" for the future (Like RCT3 Soaked and RCT3 Wild), but not those useless and overpriced DLC (Texture pack for the ground ? Seriously ? People gona make billions of custom texture pack, so what's the deal ?! That mean we cannot import our own textures ? It's not a good news for you and me if true, so dont defend this)

If it's a "Just-for-game-launch Strategy", then okay, it's fine, and i can understand (they need money fast so okay), but if it's a real thing for the future, it may end badly for everyone :
- For players first : Which will be limited in what they can create as CS, because everything will be " blocked " to be sold (Like, and it's a first bad news "the park entrance", because if they sell a "gold" one, that mean I cannot create and import mine (???), witch is VERY bad)
- And for developpers and editor : Cause they risk to have a very poor image if they limit players just to be able to sell their "DLC"

But I prefer to stay positive and think that it's just for the launch of the game.

My 2 cents
(sorry about my bad english, not english native speaker)

Robert Male
09-30-2015, 09:34 AM

Remember that the book is going to be exclusive so the price is good.

JMR
09-30-2015, 09:35 AM
Digital as of now. My guess is the boxed versions are going to be released in 2017.

Nope, you must have missed my reply. Scroll up.

MikeDance
09-30-2015, 09:37 AM
Planet coaster is charging twice the amount of the game for the beta so having it included in preorder is amazing.!

I thought that game was £15, but the only good thing about it is it's the developers who made RCT3, but other than that it's no-where near the quality of this game.

MikeDance
09-30-2015, 09:38 AM
You can pre-order the box copy of the game here:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/rollercoaster-tycoon-world/11090647.html

Nice find, haha I only trust Atari, Amazon or RCT site. I don't like Steam either.

Robert Male
09-30-2015, 09:40 AM

It won't beat Rollercoaster Tycoon World.

MikeDance
09-30-2015, 09:42 AM
It won't beat Rollercoaster Tycoon World.

Hear hear! As I said the only good thing is the developers who made RCT3 are doing Planet Coaster.

Joe Android
09-30-2015, 09:49 AM

Planet Coaster has very little information, neither the requirements.
I will not pre-order a game that I know few info.

This week I will pre-order RCTW, that at least, I have seen how is the game.

ddrplaya4638
09-30-2015, 10:00 AM
Rct has my money. They are doing a lot better with the fans than planet coaster is.

AtiTech
09-30-2015, 10:07 AM
well we don't know nothing yet about planet coaster so i pre ordered RCTW i gues planet coaster is waiting to see RCTW so they can do better :p a bit like sim city and cities skylines but i guess we cant compare the bad **** of sim city with RCTW witch looks great so far

CreamyBeef
09-30-2015, 10:29 AM
:) The wait is almost over

VACkillers
09-30-2015, 10:56 AM
Just hope that RCTW doens't become this big DLC black hole. It seems to be tee'ing up a business model to do just that with a lot of the things locked behind a pay-wall for the deluxe edition like the legendary panda mascot and extra terrain texture which are obviously in the game already. Hope that we aren't gonna start seeing $3-$5 microtransactions for individual rides, like water rides.

Jakah
09-30-2015, 12:24 PM
Agreed apart from the original purchase I would only be happy with add-on packs not micro-purchases.
Happy to see it will be out by Christmas though it has developed so fast compared to the early days.
I had my doubts at the beginning but I have seen enough recently to pre-purchase (delux edition)
Wonder how we will go about reporting bugs etc in the beta

Prody67
09-30-2015, 02:12 PM
Ordered Deluxe Edition RCTW on Steam! Can't wait to try it out on the Betas.
I have the Alpha of TPS (Theme Park Studio), either they'll use the forums for
bug reports or a dedicated site like Pantera have for TPS, ie: Mantishub!

darkhorizon
09-30-2015, 02:20 PM
Yeah, this is really strange to me. I'm not preordering as of yet.

$50 for the standard edition? That's pretty steep, especially for a game which many of the features are going to be provided post launch. Since UGC is being embraced this time around, I was expecting a price similar to Cities: Skylines ($30), since, lets be honest, the amount of custom content by the community will quickly exceed whatever content is provided by the developers. It's not that I'm unwilling to pay $50, it just doesn't seem appropriate for what we have been shown so far.

Only two beta weekends is such a short amount of time for players to be able to fully "flush" out any major bugs and design/gameplay flaws. It's almost more like a demo period. Are they that confident that the game will be that polished?

I don't know. I'm still excited for the game considering how far they have come, but this blog post is putting off some strange vibes to me. Plus, why do the trees all the sudden look dreadful?!

Gottlos
09-30-2015, 02:30 PM
I like that they set a date but the Beta feels like a gimmick.. I mean two months.. come on. This feels more like talk about how cool the good stuff is and then we can just side step any issues with "hey, it's still beta". The price point is decent assuming that we aren't knickle and dimed for future content. Also, no multiplayer on launch.. They should have just had a demo and been able to say "This game is done" before starting to ask for money. I feel like an unfinished game is going to be released considering the time table with the game not being finished.

SparkyUK
09-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Pre-ordered. Can't wait now.
I don't think the price is steep, and updates post launch will be free, so don't see the problem.

Big_Boy
09-30-2015, 06:08 PM
would be nice to know when or what weekend is planned for the beta ? :s.

mattlab ???

redyar
09-30-2015, 06:21 PM
Am I the only one who think that the release date is much too early?
Be honest, the game is unfinished and the developers do not have enough time to fix all the bugs.

Joe Android
09-30-2015, 06:34 PM
Am I the only one who think that the release date is much too early?
Be honest, the game is unfinished and the developers do not have enough time to fix all the bugs.

The game it's almost done, only remains work in AI of the visitors, animations of them and the performance of the game.

By the way, the BETA will be for that, for tell to the developers about bugs and things to improve. :)

echelon
09-30-2015, 07:01 PM
can i sound stupid and ask

Is this game coming out on DISC form or is it DOWNLOAD only ?

if its Disc im preordering right away

Joe Android
09-30-2015, 07:07 PM
can i sound stupid and ask

Is this game coming out on DISC form or is it DOWNLOAD only ?

if its Disc im preordering right away

The game will be in stores, too :):

https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?372-BANDAI-NAMCO-Games-and-ATARI%AE-to-bring-RCTW-to-stores-in-Europe-and-Australasia

Rabid_Mupp3t
09-30-2015, 07:33 PM
would be nice to know when or what weekend is planned for the beta ? :s.

mattlab ???

Based on their press release it will be on weekends in late October and late November. With this in mind, I am assuming the weekends of 10/24 and 11/28.

I just pre-ordered my Deluxe Edition yesterday. There are so many things that still haven't been covered like building underground, path tunnels, adding water and waterfalls, smoke/fire elements... my list is pretty long. I can't wait to get started to find out!

And89
09-30-2015, 07:43 PM
Thanks thanks.
Preordered! :cool:

Thompso
09-30-2015, 11:19 PM
What is the last day to Preorder?
What is meant by five extra peep skins? Just five more peeps?

DonSPa
09-30-2015, 11:58 PM
What is the last day to Preorder?
What is meant by five extra peep skins? Just five more peeps?

not sure the last day to preorder but the skins means there will be 5 different types of peeps in the park that those who preordered will have to those who didnt wont have.

sam_93
10-01-2015, 03:34 AM
How can any of you claim they are releasing an 'unfinished' game when all you've seen is sneak-peak screenshots and videos from a demo build? Some of you are so fickle! I'm so glad we're still getting the game, because some of you are so demanding and negative it'd be enough to make any developers jump ship. Mattlab has made it so clear they're releasing a solid base game, and more updates and EP's will come.

Anyway, I'm so so excited! I'm gonna hold off on the pre-order as I'll probably pre-order the disk when it becomes available on Amazon. Plus, Beta is a great idea but I'd rather surprise myself playing the game upon release.

rdrunr
10-01-2015, 03:41 AM
After pre-ordering on Steam yesterday the game appeared in my Library list but today it has disappeared. Has anyone else had this happened?

redyar
10-01-2015, 04:31 AM
How can any of you claim they are releasing an 'unfinished' game when all you've seen is sneak-peak screenshots and videos from a demo build? Some of you are so fickle! I'm so glad we're still getting the game, because some of you are so demanding and negative it'd be enough to make any developers jump ship. Mattlab has made it so clear they're releasing a solid base game, and more updates and EP's will come.

Anyway, I'm so so excited! I'm gonna hold off on the pre-order as I'll probably pre-order the disk when it becomes available on Amazon. Plus, Beta is a great idea but I'd rather surprise myself playing the game upon release.

Thats what they told us. After launch we will get free updates with tunnels, dark rides, multiplayer, etc.
I would prefer a longer beta, a realease date in 2016 and a complete game.

Yeah I know, christmas is coming. Such money, such wow. I guess this game will get tons of negative reviews because of the lack of missing content.

haifishtime
10-01-2015, 05:38 AM
Nope mine is still there

coaster_tog
10-01-2015, 07:21 AM
We have no full ride list, shop list, stalls list, map list, entrance list , mascot list

So asking for an extra 50% (£29.99 or £44.99)

Is a little hard to take unless you show us the maps, mascots, confirmed ride lists , how many diffrence entrences do we get? are they all gold in delux? etc etc etc????

Basically, too many questions at such a last stage with so little answers, 2 pictures just doesnt cut it guys,

Helena
10-01-2015, 07:46 AM
Thats what they told us. After launch we will get free updates with tunnels, dark rides, multiplayer, etc.
I would prefer a longer beta, a realease date in 2016 and a complete game.

Yeah I know, christmas is coming. Such money, such wow. I guess this game will get tons of negative reviews because of the lack of missing content.

I agree with you to 100000%. But let's hope that they have completed the game good enough to be playable for weeks and that it is not riddled with bugs. We can at least hope that. :)
(yes I am trying to be optimistic. Because why would a company want to degrade itself by releasing a game too early and get negatives?)

orangefreak
10-01-2015, 08:12 AM
i'm waiting with the pre-order.... i wanna see something different than just red coasters..... and actually i want a physical disc, so maybe i don't pre-order anyway....:-P i dont need a beta, there will be enough gamers who make a documentary on youtube, so i have to be satisfied with that:))

Rctsteve
10-01-2015, 08:59 AM
Great year for geeks and nerds alike! first with star wars and the many games that are coming out. Now with this. Needs a new pair of pants. :D

redyar
10-01-2015, 09:05 AM
(yes I am trying to be optimistic. Because why would a company want to degrade itself by releasing a game too early and get negatives?)

But why would a company release the worst and saddest trailer of all time? This is half a year ago and now they got a completely different game and a new developer. In just 6 month! It is hard to stay optimistic.

Bionic
10-01-2015, 09:09 AM
This is a risk Atari is taking. I hope for them the game is richer in content than we currently know. You have to keep in mind that the large majority of potential buyers didn't follow the development process of this game and don't know some pretty essential stuff will be added later on. By trying to cash in on the Christmas sales Atari is setting themselves up for a lot of negative reviews due to lack of content for a AAA price tag.
We don't even know the ride list and whether we will be able to build structures without needing to learn a 3D modeling program. Very little information for me to comfortably fork out 50 bucks at the moment.

Angelis
10-01-2015, 10:21 AM
This is a risk Atari is taking. I hope for them the game is richer in content than we currently know. You have to keep in mind that the large majority of potential buyers didn't follow the development process of this game and don't know some pretty essential stuff will be added later on. By trying to cash in on the Christmas sales Atari is setting themselves up for a lot of negative reviews due to lack of content for a AAA price tag.
We don't even know the ride list and whether we will be able to build structures without needing to learn a 3D modeling program. Very little information for me to comfortably fork out 50 bucks at the moment.+1 ! I totally agree with you on all points. If the game is not richer than we know, it's a very big risk (economically legitimate for sure, but still a big risk in a long term strategy)

But, Matlab reads the forum + we have a new official announcement on the blog every 10-15 days (approximately), so, wait and see.
I am sure they are preparing an answer that will reassure us on all aspects we have concerns with explanations, screenshots, or even videos.
It's not so hard to see what's the people fears when your looking at the "General Discussion" forum.

The "RollerCoaster Tycoon World - Behind-the-Scenes" video was just perfect, keep the "Developers Diaries Videos" style, which allows to answer many questions in only one video (and gives us, and medias, something to dissect).
Just and idea, like many MMORPG development studio could do : Behind-The-Scenes Chapter 1 : Character Creation / Behind-The-Scenes Chapter 2 : Story and Background / Behind-The-Scenes Chapter 3 : Combats and Guilds / Behind-The-Scenes Chapter 4 : Housing / Etc...

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

ncutt010
10-01-2015, 10:28 AM
We have no full ride list, shop list, stalls list, map list, entrance list , mascot list

So asking for an extra 50% (£29.99 or £44.99)

Is a little hard to take unless you show us the maps, mascots, confirmed ride lists , how many diffrence entrences do we get? are they all gold in delux? etc etc etc????

Basically, too many questions at such a last stage with so little answers, 2 pictures just doesnt cut it guys,

I'm pretty sure it's not 50%

In us it'd only $10 more

SparkyUK
10-01-2015, 11:04 AM
I don't understand those calling for a delay because the game isn't finished - you've not seen enough you claim - then why do you think you've seen enough to claim they're not finished, either?!

Try and remember, that if they gave too much away, that's only helping the competition - i.e, Planet Coaster. This is a hard call to make, in terms of what to reveal and what you're giving away to the competition.

I also don't understand those who are crying about the lack of rides - we've been over this before in a few threads, and analysed what the original RCT3 came with. I don't think we are being "Scammed" as some rudely put it.

I agree, it would have been nice to see a list of rides we could expect to see, but as per my previous comments, this could be something as simple as not giving too much away to the competition.

cupofjoe
10-01-2015, 11:49 AM
My apologies if this has already been asked, but is there more content that is planned to be released in the future that will only be available to owners of the Deluxe edition, or is what's listed the final list?

SparkyUK
10-01-2015, 11:55 AM
My apologies if this has already been asked, but is there more content that is planned to be released in the future that will only be available to owners of the Deluxe edition, or is what's listed the final list?

I wouldn't expect anything additional for the Deluxe version, other than what they've listed for the launch. If there had been a bigger cost differential between the two versions, I would have thought there could have been. I'd expect both versions (and the Mac when it lands) to all receive the same updates going forward. This hasn't been confirmed either way by Atari, obviously. Just my assumption.

redyar
10-01-2015, 02:12 PM
I don't understand those calling for a delay because the game isn't finished - you've not seen enough you claim - then why do you think you've seen enough to claim they're not finished, either?!
As mentioned before there are no tunnels, dark rides, ride events, transport rides and no multiplayer on release date. Furthermore Mattlab confirmed that there will be only 30 flat rides!
It is a fact that the game is not finished.

CoasterMadness
10-01-2015, 03:53 PM
I re-read previous posts from the developers and from other players, and I have to agree at this point that the game is unfinished. It also worries me that there is not a longer Beta period to solve for bugs. I would have preferred for Atari to not release the game until it was finished.

Borrego6165
10-01-2015, 04:43 PM
In my opinion, it would have made more sense to make the first beta weekend in October FREE, and then if people really want to continue playing it they have to pay for the preorder or preorder deluxe. For those who pay, they get to play it all through November and December until launch. This means that everyone gets input in the first weekend, and those who paid get plenty of time to provide feedback instead of two weekends. It also means that anyone who does play the beta on the first weekend will not feel ripped off.

darkhorizon
10-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Hey - all I'm saying is that, with the amount of the game we have seen so far, I don't feel comfortable forking out $50 to pre-order. I think that is completely fair.

The term "negative" is thrown around so loosely in this forum I've become numb to it, LOL.

SparkyUK
10-01-2015, 07:51 PM
As mentioned before there are no tunnels, dark rides, ride events, transport rides and no multiplayer on release date. Furthermore Mattlab confirmed that there will be only 30 flat rides!
It is a fact that the game is not finished.

The only fact is you were told this before. How many flat rides came with RCT3 that weren't duplicates?
What defines a finished game? Most games are never finished, they are constantly evolving, and who determines what is a "base" game consists of?

It's simple - don't buy the game until the features you want are present.

Many people will buy the game for launch date, and it'll be a month or so before extra updates start to appear, for free. It's not like they're making you buy it, and it's not like you're having to pay for what is "missing".

SparkyUK
10-01-2015, 07:53 PM
In my opinion, it would have made more sense to make the first beta weekend in October FREE,

Personally, I'd have made the beta run for two weeks (not just at a weekend), and as you say, for free.

Beta's provide developers a wealth of information from a variery of different computers, and user abilities. While they have not given us long for the beta's prior to launch, their two weekends a month apart, are likely for picking up small bugs, and not feature-set changes, so most of what will be released is already baked.

It's just a shame it wasn't released as a beta for everyone, for free.

Sir Isaac
10-01-2015, 08:49 PM
I'm probably the only one who is going to watch a Let's Play of the "deluxe" version of the game before considering purchasing the game at all. I want to see in detail exactly what I'm getting, and after all that has happened during the course of this game's development, I don't feel Atari has gained my trust to blindly buy this game as soon as it comes out.
I'm still intersted and excited abut the game, but I'm going to hold off.

SparkyUK
10-01-2015, 08:58 PM
I'm probably the only on who is going to watch a Let's Play of the "deluxe" version of the game before considering purchasing the game at all. I want to see in detail exactly what I'm getting, and after all that has happened during the course of this game's development, I don't feel Atari has gained my trust to blindly buy this game as soon as it comes out.
I'm still intersted and excited abut the game, but I'm going to hold off.

I think there will be quite a few doing just that.

welnoan
10-02-2015, 01:46 AM
And one other thing – You can pre-order RollerCoaster Tycoon World RIGHT NOW (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/buy/)!!! Please note that you must pre-order the game to take part in the Beta programs.

Additionally, as a thank you for your support and feedback, every preorder comes with 5 additional peep skins! Show off to the world that you were an early adopter by having 5 exclusive peeps in your park!

With that, I wanted to personally thank all who show support for the great team making RollerCoaster Tycoon World. Nvizzio has been overwhelmed with the amazing response to their work so far, and to the behind-the-scenes video. So on behalf of all of them, thank you!

We can’t wait to share the game with you and discuss your Beta gameplay in our forums. As we head into the home stretch, this collaboration between the community and the developers is invaluable in making the best RCT game possible. We’ll be in touch again soon, but until then, one last treat – two brand-new screenshots!

Cheers,
Mattlab

So excited about the mac support but can't help but feel its an afterthought, and as with other game releases there probably won't be any special preorder or deluxe edition for the mac folks as it will be an old game by then.

sam_93
10-02-2015, 03:06 AM
The only fact is you were told this before. How many flat rides came with RCT3 that weren't duplicates?
What defines a finished game? Most games are never finished, they are constantly evolving, and who determines what is a "base" game consists of?

It's simple - don't buy the game until the features you want are present.

Many people will buy the game for launch date, and it'll be a month or so before extra updates start to appear, for free. It's not like they're making you buy it, and it's not like you're having to pay for what is "missing".

Thank you for this post! :)

People seem to forget a lot of the flat rides on RCT3 were simply re-themed generic rides.

People are forgetting this is a business and they need to market the game. How are you supposed to expand on a game that has all the features that were requested? There's only a certain amount they can include in the base game. Look at The Sims... basic base game with releases of EP's to add features which the players have requested. Like it or not but they need to make money.

robinhsluis
10-02-2015, 03:58 AM
i'm satisfied with the idea that we get the game with less rides but get more over time. I think scenery is more important since people want to make the most crazy themed rides instead of placing simple flat rides. Maybe i'm speaking on behalf of many others but it's rollercoaster tycoon, not themepark tycoon.

JHouston
10-02-2015, 12:08 PM
I feel that some people on here are so whiny!!! Only 2 months ago we were begging for some screenshots and now we have gameplay videos on youtube, TWO beta dates and a release date. It seems that people on here will whine about anything no matter what were given we will want the next step the next day. Its no wonder mattlab has delayed these dates/screenshots/trailer as we are so ungrateful and moan about what he hasn't done. Again this is obviously just a few people because we are all excited but i think it has just hindered us on when we receive information as mattlab knows the more information he releases the more pressure he has to release the game, this is evident from the incomplete base game being released.

bagnome
10-02-2015, 01:27 PM
Pre-ordered mine, and eagerly looking forward to the beta. :)

Rodrigo Netto
10-02-2015, 03:11 PM
I haven't found a better place for this, so it's going to be here...

They should include popcorn stalls like this:

And we should be able to place them on pathways!

SparkyUK
10-02-2015, 06:45 PM
I feel that some people on here are so whiny!!! Only 2 months ago we were begging for some screenshots and now we have gameplay videos on youtube, TWO beta dates and a release date. It seems that people on here will whine about anything no matter what were given we will want the next step the next day.

The majority are grateful, but yes, there are a fair number who'll moan at anything! :p

Sir Isaac
10-02-2015, 09:23 PM
Basically, I'm looking for a more polished version of RCT3. Less restrictions,more realism, an "undo" button, and the option to make my own mascots. They seem to be delivering in the "less restrictions" and "more realism" departments, but I'm still going to wait a bit before buying the game.

freez99313
10-03-2015, 02:53 AM
NOTE: The original blog post can be found by clicking here (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-19-release-date-announcement-and-beta-access-info/).

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/rctwhayride.jpg

Dear Tycoons,

It is a very exciting day for RollerCoaster Tycoon World. Today, we are proud to announce that our worldwide release date is December 10, 2015 on both PC and Linux-based systems!

Also, we are announcing our RCTW pre-order program, which will give you access to our two prelaunch Beta weekends, allowing you to play before anyone else! The Beta weekends will take place in late October and late November, 2015.

Beta periods are an extremely important part of the development process as they allow us to see how players are interacting with the game prior to a larger release. This gives us time to make final tweaks, polish, and bug fixes before launching. It also allows, you, the community, to channel your feedback to us by playing the game and letting us know what you think. Any and all feedback is appreciated! With the Beta program, there is no better way to get involved in the development of RCTW – other than being an actual developer of course!

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/rctwring.png

And we haven’t forgotten about all the future UGC-creators. We are currently working on a way for you to be able to get a head start on content creation. A number of you have emailed us about this and we ask that you please stay tuned for announcements soon on that topic.

I know this forum is mainly in English, but there are a lot of non-native English speakers who love RCT. This is why I am also delighted to announce that the game will support the following languages at launch: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Dutch, and Simplified Chinese!

Cheers,
Mattlab

Just put in my pre-order right now for the Deluxe Edition!!!

JHouston
10-03-2015, 03:28 AM
Hi Guys, i dont know if this is the right pace but something that i have been wondering is weather we can just create custom scenery of if we can also create flatrides on the ugc area.

redyar
10-03-2015, 05:10 AM
Hi Guys, i dont know if this is the right pace but something that i have been wondering is weather we can just create custom scenery of if we can also create flatrides on the ugc area.
Not on day one. Will come with a free update as far as I know.

I am worried about one of my favourite game with good reasons.

CreamyBeef
10-03-2015, 09:16 AM
Pre-ordered. Can't wait now.
I don't think the price is steep, and updates post launch will be free, so don't see the problem.

I would wait until you've seen more gameplay mate.

BernyMoon
10-03-2015, 10:17 AM
I preordered the deluxe edition. I cannot wait to play it!

BTW, when will you show the water rides? (log flume, rapids, etc...)

orangefreak
10-03-2015, 11:39 AM
maybe they are workin on the waterrides right now and surprise us with that....:) actually they never said that they are not appear at launch:)

Akydo
10-03-2015, 03:22 PM
I notice in the First Picture. the one with the tractor and pumkin scarecrow.

Between the trees you can see the parking lot. This Just keeps making me more Excited about this game.

RctwUltraFan
10-03-2015, 05:15 PM
I notice in the First Picture. the one with the tractor and pumkin scarecrow.

Between the trees you can see the parking lot. This Just keeps making me more Excited about this game.

Stop the behind the scenes here and than you see a hole parking lot stop at 0:41 heres a link https://youtu.be/03tQP6pulHM?t=41s

CycloneGU
10-03-2015, 05:55 PM
A couple of questions for whoever can answer (preferably from Atari):

1. I am a longtime past member here, but it seems that my entire account has inexplicably vanished. I did find my information on the apparent older version of the forums (here's an example (http://www.jdrowlands.org/atari/archives/t-432676.html) proving I was active in the scenario recreation community from RCT3). Is there any way to merge my account information to show I've been a member since, well, way back in RCT3's era?

2. I actually helped run the chat element of the RCT3 beta for the Wild! expansion pack, and I remember that was a very fun experience. While I'm not able to do so this time (as I have not been active on chat servers for some time), is there a similar thing planned for this beta where users can chat with each other?

3. Speaking of the beta, I would take advantage of the chance to get into this, but I do not know if the game will work on my three year old laptop or not. If it turns out I can't play the game, what options do I have? Is there a way I can get access to something to see if the game will work? If it works, I will definitely be getting the game.

4. Are pre-orders only being done through Steam? I want a physical copy of the game, not a digital one.

JMR
10-03-2015, 07:54 PM
Hello CycloneGU, welcome back! :)

1. I am a longtime past member here, but it seems that my entire account has inexplicably vanished. I did find my information on the apparent older version of the forums (here's an example (http://www.jdrowlands.org/atari/archives/t-432676.html) proving I was active in the scenario recreation community from RCT3). Is there any way to merge my account information to show I've been a member since, well, way back in RCT3's era?

There are quite a few people here from the old Atari forums, these forums as you can see have since gone extinct. All accounts you see here on the forum were created after November 2014.

Merging your account information would not make sense unless all threads and posts from the old Atari forums were transferred here, Otherwise, your post count would not match up.

3. Speaking of the beta, I would take advantage of the chance to get into this, but I do not know if the game will work on my three year old laptop or not. If it turns out I can't play the game, what options do I have? Is there a way I can get access to something to see if the game will work? If it works, I will definitely be getting the game.

The system specifications for the game are:

(They are subject to change, please refer to: http://store.steampowered.com/app/282560/)

4. Are pre-orders only being done through Steam? I want a physical copy of the game, not a digital one.

Yep! You can pre-order a physical copy of the game here: http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/rollercoaster-tycoon-world/11090647.html

CycloneGU
10-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Hello CycloneGU, welcome back! :)

There are quite a few people here from the old Atari forums, these forums as you can see have since gone extinct. All accounts you see here on the forum were created after November 2014.

Merging your account information would not make sense unless all threads and posts from the old Atari forums were transferred here, Otherwise, your post count would not match up.

The system specifications for the game are:

(They are subject to change, please refer to: http://store.steampowered.com/app/282560/)

Yep! You can pre-order a physical copy of the game here: http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/rollercoaster-tycoon-world/11090647.html
Are there any physical copy pre-orders in CAD or USD? (I'm in Canada.)

My concern isn't so much the minimum specs, which I mostly have, but the "Dedicated video card with 1GB of RAM (or above)". I have a laptop and I don't know if it's possible to built up the video card in it (plus, if things work out, I hope to upgrade sometime anyway). How can I check my video card settings? I think it's an onboard video card, nothing special.

JMR
10-03-2015, 08:19 PM
Are there any physical copy pre-orders in CAD or USD? (I'm in Canada.)

As far as I am aware, not currently, however, they are working with Amazon to release it world-wide.

Yes, we are working on the details World Wide with them.

__________________________________________________ ______________

My concern isn't so much the minimum specs, which I mostly have, but the "Dedicated video card with 1GB of RAM (or above)". I have a laptop and I don't know if it's possible to built up the video card in it (plus, if things work out, I hope to upgrade sometime anyway). How can I check my video card settings? I think it's an onboard video card, nothing special.

Yes, I'm not sure which operating system you use, but you'll need to open Device Manager. (You could just search it from your Windows search bar.) Look under 'Display adapters,' if you see anything there. (Like Intel (R) HD, or Radeon) then you have a dedicated graphics card.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Please note, I am not an employee or representative of Atari or NVIZZIO, so the information I provide is from my own personal experience, thoughts and opinions.

CycloneGU
10-03-2015, 10:30 PM
As far as I am aware, not currently, however, they are working with Amazon to release it world-wide.
I hope they fix this soon, because it would be nice to pre-order here instead of somewhere in Europe. I don't do business in Euros. :)

Yes, I'm not sure which operating system you use, but you'll need to open Device Manager. (You could just search it from your Windows search bar.) Look under 'Display adapters,' if you see anything there. (Like Intel (R) HD, or Radeon) then you have a dedicated graphics card.
I actually was just doing this. Intel(R) there. Which is the basic on-board graphics card. I know I can run other sim games (Caesar IV for instance), so it's likely fine.

Please note, I am not an employee or representative of Atari or NVIZZIO, so the information I provide is from my own personal experience, thoughts and opinions.
And I appreciate that! :)

I'm trying to figure out now if there will be a scenario mode or if it's all sandbox mode. And whether we can create our own scenarios. This would allow the scenario reconstruction group to move the efforts up to bring classic scenarios into RCTW.

JMR
10-03-2015, 10:53 PM
I'm trying to figure out now if there will be a scenario mode or if it's all sandbox mode. And whether we can create our own scenarios. This would allow the scenario reconstruction group to move the efforts up to bring classic scenarios into RCTW.

There will be three gamemodes at launch; scenario, campaign and sandbox. More information on that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wll0DXSIrQQ&t=4m15s (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wll0DXSIrQQ&t=4m15ss)

It has not yet been confirmed or denied as to whether you will be able to create your own campaigns.

CycloneGU
10-03-2015, 11:42 PM
There will be three gamemodes at launch; scenario, campaign and sandbox. More information on that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wll0DXSIrQQ&t=4m15s (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wll0DXSIrQQ&t=4m15ss)

It has not yet been confirmed or denied as to whether you will be able to create your own campaigns.
Oh man, I sure hope we can do custom scenarios and campaigns. One problem we had from RCT2 and RCT3 was that some scenery elements did not exist when trying to recreate a scenario. With RCTW's custom scenery elements, we can cover whatever is missing and literally put in a perfect reproduction, perhaps bringing up little enhancements like the curved paths and such. Building coasters without the grid will be interesting, however; I hope we can choose to still snap to a grid if we want to (like in RCT3) as, even without the custom scenarios element, having the cliff aspect would be an awesome thing, or little jagged cliffs over an area.

EmSay
10-04-2015, 05:05 AM
Excellent! I can't wait for december. =D
If I'm Right, Fo be a part of the beta, we must pre order the game, don't we?

Scott97
10-04-2015, 06:04 AM
Excellent! I can't wait for december. =D
If I'm Right, Fo be a part of the beta, we must pre order the game, don't we?

Yep that's right:)

CycloneGU
10-04-2015, 12:25 PM
I'm waiting to see if there is a physical copy pre-order for us North Americans. That way we aren't doing business in foreign currency or waiting ages for a shipment from another continent. This is vital information and will determine if I can get in a beta or not, though I'd like to.

wdfan
10-04-2015, 03:28 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not 50%

In us it'd only $10 more

In the UK RCTW is £29.99 ($45) but RCTW Deluxe Edition is £44.99 ($68) - a 50% increase. Why such a difference in price for UK users?

Angelis
10-04-2015, 05:15 PM
In the UK RCTW is £29.99 ($45) but RCTW Deluxe Edition is £44.99 ($68) - a 50% increase. Why such a difference in price for UK users?

1034Yep : https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?5016-UK-deluxe-edition-pricing

joeybolufe
10-04-2015, 10:29 PM

Intel HD graphics are not dedicated graphics cards. They are integrated into the processor. A dedicated graphics card is a completely different thing. 90% of laptops will not be able to run this game properly unless you specifically have a gaming laptop.

JMR
10-05-2015, 12:20 AM
Intel HD graphics are not dedicated graphics cards. They are integrated into the processor. A dedicated graphics card is a completely different thing. 90% of laptops will not be able to run this game properly unless you specifically have a gaming laptop.

My bad, got confused after some silly blog article stated differently.

For anyone who also got confused, here's a nice blog article that explains it further:
http://uk.pcmag.com/cpus-components-products/62663/feature/what-graphics-card-do-i-have

Sir Isaac
10-05-2015, 04:43 AM
I think a new trailer to promote the game would be a good idea. People should not still be seeing that horrific display they released in March.

joeybolufe
10-05-2015, 10:05 AM
My bad, got confused after some silly blog article stated differently.

For anyone who also got confused, here's a nice blog article that explains it further:
http://uk.pcmag.com/cpus-components-products/62663/feature/what-graphics-card-do-i-have

It's all good! I just don't want people to be misimfomed, because I noticed a good portion of the hardcore RCT fans are not core gamers and probably do not own very powerful gaming PC's.
However, RCTW is going to be a "next gen" game and requires a somewhat beefy computer. The rule of thumb is if you don't know if you have a dedicated graphics card, then you don't have one.

However, if your processor meets the minimum specs and you have a desktop computer, you could always add a dedicated video card, just make sure it has minimum of 1GB VRAM (Video Memory). I would recommend a Nvidia card since the RCT devs are working closely with them to optimize the game.

Laptop computers will not be able to be upgraded since the chips are soddered into the motherboards to save space.

CycloneGU
10-05-2015, 12:15 PM
It's all good! I just don't want people to be misimfomed, because I noticed a good portion of the hardcore RCT fans are not core gamers and probably do not own very powerful gaming PC's.
However, RCTW is going to be a "next gen" game and requires a somewhat beefy computer. The rule of thumb is if you don't know if you have a dedicated graphics card, then you don't have one.

However, if your processor meets the minimum specs and you have a desktop computer, you could always add a dedicated video card, just make sure it has minimum of 1GB VRAM (Video Memory). I would recommend a Nvidia card since the RCT devs are working closely with them to optimize the game.

Laptop computers will not be able to be upgraded since the chips are soddered into the motherboards to save space.
This is why I'm concerned. I am not sure the integrated graphics meets the MINIMUM to run the game and wish Atari would give us some kind of demo just so we can make sure we can actually RUN the game before we go and buy it and find out, hey, guess what, YOU CAN'T.

And ATM, upgrading my computer is NOT an option.

jennylovely
10-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Already pre-ordered mine! I'm so excited!!! Was just wondering if we have dates on beta access yet.

k1ng r4t
10-05-2015, 01:07 PM

While you're right for the most part, I'd say most laptops from the past 3-4 years should be able to run this on minimum. Core i5 is pretty standard now, and even a dual i3 should be enough. But if you paid over $500 for your laptop sometime in the past 4 years I think most will be able to run it. But it is skirting the line and surprisingly high.

It is important to note the Steam page clearly sats "subject to change" so who knows what that means.

Now according to the Google converter e29.99 is only $33 usd, while it's $49.99 for US. Now in the US is only $10 more for the deluxe at $60, but the deluxe price over there of $44.99 is $50 for us.

I must be missing something here? :confused:

Angelis
10-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Now according to the Google converter e29.99 is only $33 usd, while it's $49.99 for US. Now in the US is only $10 more for the deluxe at $60, but the deluxe price over there of $44.99 is $50 for us.

I must be missing something here? :confused:https://www.google.fr/search?q=%C2%A329.99+to+US%24

k1ng r4t
10-05-2015, 01:11 PM
https://www.google.fr/search?q=%C2%A329.99+to+US%24

Ooooh duh my apologies, I was mistaking the euro symbol for the UK pounds symbol, I knew that I swear haha. Haven't had a day off in 3 weeks now...

joeybolufe
10-05-2015, 01:30 PM
This is why I'm concerned. I am not sure the integrated graphics meets the MINIMUM to run the game and wish Atari would give us some kind of demo just so we can make sure we can actually RUN the game before we go and buy it and find out, hey, guess what, YOU CAN'T.

And ATM, upgrading my computer is NOT an option.

Did you pre-order from steam? If during the beta you install the game and see that the game is not playable on your computer you could cancel the pre-order and get a full refund.

I'm not sure if there is a refund policy if you bought it from Atari

Leonski1981
10-05-2015, 03:47 PM
cant understand why people are buying the digital copy as appose to the PC DVD i know u all say "but you get the beta" but there is no investment in buying the download! i would like to add the rct world PC DVD to my collection and see something for my money! Atari should give the beta out to all loyal rct fans regardless! ill wait for the real McCoy.

JSkorzec
10-05-2015, 03:56 PM
cant understand why people are buying the digital copy as appose to the PC DVD i know u all say "but you get the beta" but there is no investment in buying the download! i would like to add the rct world PC DVD to my collection and see something for my money! Atari should give the beta out to all loyal rct fans regardless! ill wait for the real McCoy.

Exactly my opinion ^^

SparkyUK
10-05-2015, 04:25 PM

I used to be like that, but I guess considering I use a bunch of computers at different locations, Steam really works for me - not needing the disc to authenticate. I do know what you mean though. I used to buy music on CD too, but these days it's all streaming from Spotify/Apple Music. That and I started running out of space to store it all.

It each to their own, I prefer digital these days. But I agree, they should have allowed beta access for these two weekends to non-digital purchasers via a time-restricted download.

farmington
10-05-2015, 05:59 PM
Hello everyone, I just joined today and this is my first post. I preordered RCTW today on steam for my pc and i'm wondering if ill get the mac version free when it comes out.

MrBob101
10-05-2015, 06:18 PM
Hello everyone, I just joined today and this is my first post. I preordered RCTW today on steam for my pc and i'm wondering if ill get the mac version free when it comes out.
Yes. With Steam, you get every platform available once you buy the game, meaning you can have the game on a Mac, Linux, and PC!

farmington
10-05-2015, 06:25 PM
Thats cool, My imac has a really nice screen!

joeybolufe
10-05-2015, 09:07 PM

Physical PC games are for the most part obsolete lol. The only reason they still make them is for people with bad internet connections like in Europe. That's why physical is not even an option in the US.
What are you gonna do with a disc anyway? Look at it? lmao with digital you'll always have the game and it'll never get damaged or lost.

orangefreak
10-05-2015, 10:17 PM

Actually my opinion too..... But i could not stand to wait a longer time and i get it as download, to play the beta....when its out and i'm happy with it, i get the physical disc too;-P

k1ng r4t
10-06-2015, 12:27 AM
Not saying this will happen, but these days a lot of physical copies give you a disc that's good for the install but will often give you a steam or Origin key to unlock it, meaning you'll need to use Steam or whatever anyways. It's dumb, I know. But it's not too unlikely, especially since this game heavily utilizes the Steam workshop. On the other hand they keep emphasizing how integrated it is in game so maybe it'll be different. Atari knows they have a large "old school" fan base and I like to think they'd take this into account.

I don't mind digital copies, there's plenty of investment in them. Steam isn't going anywhere until games are obsolete anyways, and they've stated repeatedly if something did happen you'll still have full access to any game you already purchased, so pros and cons either way. Plus like Bob said getting it on Steam gives you access to all platforms, in case you decide to go PC or Mac down the road, you can still use all your old games.

But please don't think I'm biased either way, I have over 200 PC games on CD or floppy disks...and almost 200 digitally. But in 2015 it really depends on the publisher, and knowing Atari, they'll push digital more than physical.

JMR
10-06-2015, 11:57 AM
That's why physical is not even an option in the US.

Atari are working with Amazon to distribute box copies world-wide, so we'll probably see them available for the US soon.

Gottlos
10-06-2015, 12:41 PM
https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/images/metro/blue/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by joeybolufe https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/images/metro/blue/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?p=37917#post37917)
That's why physical is not even an option in the US.

Atari are working with Amazon to distribute box copies world-wide, so we'll probably see them available for the US soon.

-- Whenever half the features of the game are slated for post release I really don't see the value of buying a disc with half the game on it. Just saying.

joeybolufe
10-06-2015, 02:53 PM

I know, but the only reason why Atari is considering physical in the US is because most RCT fans seem stuck in the past. It's very known that physical PC games are dead and obsolete at this point. Digital retailers like Steam, GOG, Origin, and Uplay own like 99% of the PC market. Walk into any retailer like walmart or target and you'll be lucky to find 3 or 4 PC games.

Whenever half the features of the game are slated for post release I really don't see the value of buying a disc with half the game on it. Just saying.
That's another good point. And like most other AAA games, there is probably going to be a huge "day one" patch. So whats on the disc isn't even what you're going to play.

robinhsluis
10-07-2015, 09:04 AM
i think that most people who've ever played rollercoaster tycoon aren't familiar with the recent game market. Everything goes digital but do they all know? if they see RCTW in a store because there's a physical box standing there, they know about it and will buy it. If you don't have boxed copies, a lot of people wouldn't even know about the existence.

shanedelorme
10-07-2015, 10:46 AM
This may have been answered before but there are thousands of posts and I don't know the answer. With built in custom content support do we know if the game will allow custom content creators to add new coaster track types outside of the kinds that are built into the game? I thought it odd that the creators opted to go with one type of track for steel coasters, that being the B&M style spine. If we wanted to build a traditional Arrow Style Looper are these types of track being included and if not can modders create them?

The information we've been provided seems to suggest that we could import our own buildings, scenery, and flat rides. Confirmation of tracks and trains would be great.

Ireeb
10-07-2015, 11:52 AM
This may have been answered before but there are thousands of posts and I don't know the answer. With built in custom content support do we know if the game will allow custom content creators to add new coaster track types outside of the kinds that are built into the game? I thought it odd that the creators opted to go with one type of track for steel coasters, that being the B&M style spine. If we wanted to build a traditional Arrow Style Looper are these types of track being included and if not can modders create them?

The information we've been provided seems to suggest that we could import our own buildings, scenery, and flat rides. Confirmation of tracks and trains would be great.
AFAIK in the beginning you will be only able to add simple content like scenery, and later they add the possibility to add coasters as well. Furthermore it is wrong that there is only one steel track type. We saw to coasters of the category "steel", one Hyper-Coaster with B&M style tracks and one standup coaster that had different tracks, looking like B&M tracks but with a tubular part in the middle instead of the box. This speaks for 10 different track types, separated into the 4 categories steel, wooden, inverted and launched.

Big_Boy
10-07-2015, 11:54 AM
Can't wait anymore i realy want that beta :D damn ... still no news ! :(

crossfitspidey
10-08-2015, 08:32 AM
I'm a MAC user and very disappointed that I can't get access to the beta weekends. After being a lifelong RTC player with every previous edition and expansion pack it is frustrating to not be involved in this process. More importantly though this line in your press release is what is really frustrating "Additionally, as a thank you for your support and feedback, every preorder comes with 5 additional peep skins! Show off to the world that you were an early adopter by having 5 exclusive peeps in your park!".

Will MAC users get access to these "Early Adopter" peep skins too?

SparkyUK
10-08-2015, 08:43 AM
I'm a MAC user and very disappointed that I can't get access to the beta weekends. After being a lifelong RTC player with every previous edition and expansion pack it is frustrating to not be involved in this process. More importantly though this line in your press release is what is really frustrating "Additionally, as a thank you for your support and feedback, every preorder comes with 5 additional peep skins! Show off to the world that you were an early adopter by having 5 exclusive peeps in your park!".

I'm a Mac user, too. I've bought the pre-order for one of those PC things, so it'll work on my Mac when it comes out later (if you get it via Steam).

I'd have thought they'd do a pre-order for the Mac edition when it's ready so this option may be available, although I doubt a beta would be offered the 2nd time around. I can't say the peep skins mean anything to me, really. It's hardly much of a giveaway lol.

Hanazakari86
10-08-2015, 12:38 PM
2 days after my birthday loooooool :D
Preordered !!!

coasterking
10-08-2015, 02:39 PM
I agree, but some of us like to hoard all of our games on a shelf. In some cases it proves very handy when you don't feel like downloading the actual client.

coasterking
10-08-2015, 02:54 PM

I hate to say this to a Mac user but, do you also have Windows installed via bootcamp? That way you can try the game on the beta weekends.

coasterking
10-08-2015, 02:59 PM

Well, I hope that becomes a viable option. I'm old-school, so I like to gaze at my game collection :)

Joe Android
10-08-2015, 03:43 PM
In what moment they will announce in what weekend in late October and late November they plan to launch the BETA? Today? Tomorrow? When the dev blog #20?! I need to plan my routine to be available the days of the BETA.

freez99313
10-08-2015, 03:55 PM
In what moment they will announce in what weekend in late October and late November they plan to launch the BETA? Today? Tomorrow? When the dev blog #20?! I need to plan my routine to be available the days of the BETA.

I know right :eek: I'm afraid that I won't be available around the time of beta.

Joe Android
10-08-2015, 03:59 PM
I know right :eek: I'm afraid that I won't be available around the time of beta.

I'm afraid the same thing, I have a commitment within two weeks and I'm afraid that I will not available for the BETA, also late this month is Halloween, so I get the feeling that the BETA will be in two weeks.

Big_Boy
10-08-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm afraid the same thing, I have a commitment within two weeks and I'm afraid that I will not available for the BETA, also late this month is Halloween, so I get the feeling that the BETA will be in two weeks.

Same here, if it realy is then end of october then i miss the beta ... that weekend i have vacation planned so ... that means i have spend my money to early and better waited for next month to pre order it ... i did the pre order now for getting into the beta for october !

but like like moste of the time here, we don't get mutch info ... Blog says '... And Beta Acces info' if you look into it they didn't tell anything new about the beta. We already knew there was a beta planned they just repeated it again ... it can't get true me that you announced a release date and beta acces whitout telling when ...

anyway we will see next comming day's i guess. not mutch activity around here ... I'm keeping me busy with playing Star Wars Battlefront beta and ofc free to everyone ...

Joe Android
10-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Same here, if it realy is then end of october then i miss the beta ... that weekend i have vacation planned so ... that means i have spend my money to early and better waited for next month to pre order it ... i did the pre order now for getting into the beta for october !

but like like moste of the time here, we don't get mutch info ... Blog says '... And Beta Acces info' if you look into it they didn't tell anything new about the beta. We already knew there was a beta planned they just repeated it again ... it can't get true me that you announced a release date and beta acces whitout telling when ...

anyway we will see next comming day's i guess. not mutch activity around here ... I'm keeping me busy with playing Star Wars Battlefront beta and ofc free to everyone ...

Mattlab is online every day, is so hard to provide a date? I'm impatient and we need plan a routine.

I hate having to wait another whole month to the other BETA, I guess that we will have videos of the BETA of October, but I need to try the game, not see videos. :p

Big_Boy
10-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Mattlab is online every day, is so hard to provide a date? I'm impatient and we need plan a routine.

I hate having to wait another whole month to the other BETA, I guess that we will have videos of the BETA of October, but I need to try the game, not see videos. :p

It seems verry difficult ... to give that sort of details :s.

Joe Android
10-08-2015, 04:19 PM
It seems verry difficult ... to give that sort of details :s.

Miscommunication on their part.

freez99313
10-08-2015, 08:38 PM

That's good... right? :D I am really excited to build a park, I'm gonna build a simple pretty park with decorations and two wood coasters...

BNA210
10-08-2015, 09:41 PM
I REPEAT,
Will there be a option to preorder thru stores?
i replied & heard nothing, so im back
I hope steam (or online purchase) isnt the only way that you can try the beta!
That is BS If so!

Please let me know mattlab!

joeybolufe
10-09-2015, 12:29 AM
I REPEAT,
Will there be a option to preorder thru stores?
i replied & heard nothing, so im back
I hope steam (or online purchase) isnt the only way that you can try the beta!
That is BS If so!

Please let me know mattlab!
To my understanding the only way to get a physical copy is if you're in Europe. For everyone else the only way to order is through steam or a 3rd party site that sells steam codes. Atari is supposedly working with amazon to bring physical copies to the US but we'll have to wait and see. And by the time they do, even if they do you'll most likely miss the first beta and maybe even the second.

P.S. mattlab is probably not gonna directly reply to you lol if you would've read the last few pages of this forum you would've gotten your answer

vapourmike
10-09-2015, 12:07 PM
Nothing wrong with a steam copy :) I'm just super hyped waiting for the next blog reveal! :D

Joe Android
10-09-2015, 12:12 PM
That's good... right? :D I am really excited to build a park, I'm gonna build a simple pretty park with decorations and two wood coasters...

I'm excited too! In fact, for the first time in the saga we will be able to build decent coasters, and all rides look so good!

I had never been so excited for a game, honestly. :p

coasterking
10-11-2015, 12:02 AM
Broke down a purchased the Deluxe version. I also bought the pre-order of Planet Coaster:cool: It's going to be a great year, next year might be better than this year. I am very excited.:)

TFWestelaken
10-15-2015, 10:25 AM
So, I'm interested in pre-ordering, and getting into the Beta. However, I would like to record some videos to YouTube. Is there any embargo I should be aware of? Or is it just anything goes?

StrykZer
10-15-2015, 04:21 PM
Pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition @Steam :D cant wait for release and the beta weekends!

Ireeb
10-17-2015, 11:32 AM
So, I'm interested in pre-ordering, and getting into the Beta. However, I would like to record some videos to YouTube. Is there any embargo I should be aware of? Or is it just anything goes?

You are welcome to share videos of RCTW beta on the internet. This and many other questions are answered here: http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-faq/

mrlong2
10-18-2015, 11:04 AM
Linux drops before mac. :D

SparkyUK
10-18-2015, 11:09 AM
Linux drops before mac. :D

Because the Steam box runs on it.

Hanazakari86
10-18-2015, 01:04 PM
I have A question ,,,
For Rollercoaster Rides
will we able to manage the repeat of the ride it self ,,,,the ride circuit ,,donation,, speed etc??

and why don't you add the countdown starting for example from the first of November??

I already pre ordered steam version,, how can I get a DVD Copy though??
and how can I find you in Twitch??

Wayne
10-19-2015, 08:14 AM
I have A question ,,,
For Rollercoaster Rides
will we able to manage the repeat of the ride it self ,,,,the ride circuit ,,donation,, speed etc??

and why don't you add the countdown starting for example from the first of November??

I already pre ordered steam version,, how can I get a DVD Copy though??
and how can I find you in Twitch??

They have not provided any of there twitch information yet. I'm sure they will sometime this week though.

MegaAlalil
10-19-2015, 08:47 AM
He says, "one continuous campaign." That sounds to me like one map. That kind of worries me. I like the campaign modes because with each "level" it was a completely different park. This sounds to me like they got lazy and just through together some make shift goals and called it a campaign

Im not sure if this is the case, but if you remember from Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, you started one career, and had a bunch of different maps. But, you could make multiple careers. So you will probably be able to make multiple careers, but each career will be limited to one map.

CoasterDrive
10-19-2015, 08:52 AM
Im not sure if this is the case, but if you remember from Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, you started one career, and had a bunch of different maps. But, you could make multiple careers. So you will probably be able to make multiple careers, but each career will be limited to one map.

That is definitely not the case. The previous scenerios will be back, so you will get a lot of different parks with different goals. The campaign is something totally new to the franchise. I assume you start by a completely empty park and some goals that need to be achieved. While you are building your park new goals come in and you have to adapt your park to meet those goals. I think that this is a great addition to RCT!

CycloneGU
10-21-2015, 03:29 PM
That is definitely not the case. The previous scenerios will be back, so you will get a lot of different parks with different goals. The campaign is something totally new to the franchise. I assume you start by a completely empty park and some goals that need to be achieved. While you are building your park new goals come in and you have to adapt your park to meet those goals. I think that this is a great addition to RCT!

This sounds something like the campaigns in city builder games like Zeus and Poseidon, Caesar IV, etc. I loved the Zeus/Poseidon pair in particular and finished the entire campaign in the games on normal difficulty. I hope we can create our own custom campaigns, as well, which would give us even more freedom in bringing older maps to the new game by allowing us to start the map by having an original goal (get 1,000 visitors in two years, for instance), then after meeting the goal the next scenario might ask you to build a waterpark, but the waterpark tools are not unlocked in the previous scenario so that you have something new to do and you don't have it already done when you start the second scenario...and things like that. I think that would be a nice concept right there.

And I don't know if we're getting waterparks, of course; I just use that example.

Storylines can also be used in restricting tools later; for instance, there is a moratorium on building coasters due to a protest, so you must expand your park with other rides and all coasters are disabled for one scenario, but new rides become available.

There were posts earlier on the pricing of games and why don't we just buy digital. Here's why I don't like buying digital: I'm Canadian. Right now, the exchange rate is horrid. For me to buy a digital copy of the game, it's not $59.99; it's more like $79.99 PLUS TAXES. So I apologize if wanting a physical copy is against the normal way of doing things, as Steam likely does conversions, and it means everything is much more expensive for us in Canada. If we always has parity in the dollar, I might not mind doing things online, or using Amazon.com instead of Amazon.ca for products not on Amazon,com. I hate that Nintendo already adds $10 to our game prices (both in store and digital) for brand new $60 games even when our dollar later becomes close to equal again (yay, cross-border shopping!), though at the same time those older games remain at the same price and don't change, so some are still the same price regardless of currency.

So unless Steam is giving us the ability to use Canadian dollars, I do not plan or care to use Steam, ever.

mrbrightside
10-23-2015, 03:59 AM
Where's the new blog??? :(

I'm so excited about the news, twitch livestream and the beta weekend....

holli1970
10-23-2015, 03:17 PM
Did anyone knows when the BETA will start?

Ireeb
10-23-2015, 03:23 PM
Did anyone knows when the BETA will start?

Last weekend of Oktober. Check the most recent blogpost (#20) for more information.

holli1970
10-23-2015, 03:28 PM
Sorry , but this is no meaningful answer to my question .

Wayne
10-23-2015, 03:32 PM
Sorry , but this is no meaningful answer to my question .

We are waiting on a blog post to find out more information as to when the beta will be. Look for blog post 21 when it comes out hopefully providing us with the information.