PDA

View Full Version : RCTW – Blog #18 - Behind-The-Scenes Video and Six Flags Collaboration!

Mattlab
09-18-2015, 03:39 PM
Please click this link to see the full blog (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-18-behind-the-scenes-video-and-six-flags-collaboration/)

Hello Tycoons!

Thank you all again for the amazing feedback, coverage and support we’ve received since PAX Prime (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-17-thanks-for-the-awesome-ride-at-pax-prime-2015/). As always, it’s been great reading your comments on the forums with your suggestions for the game. What’s even more exciting is seeing your suggestions come to life in our internal builds! Today we’ll be presenting a very special “behind-the-scenes” video and talking about features.

BEHIND THE SCENES

We want to give you all a peek behind the curtain of RCTW, so we are very happy to present a “making of” video, highlighting our development process, the team and some of the new key features and innovations you will have at launch. You’ll get a view into the work and thoughts of the impassioned people that are bringing your ideas to life (including me!).

We are also happy to announce a very exciting collaboration on this project with Six Flags, the world’s largest regional theme park company! Six Flags is home to some of the most innovative rides and coasters in the world, and we wanted to make sure our team had access to that amazing technical expertise. With RCTW it’s all about the details, and who better to guide us and answer questions than the very people making real world rides themselves?

One last note - some of the game clips you’ll see are not yet fully optimized. Obviously for launch, gameplay will be optimized and framerates will be silky smooth, but we wanted to give you a glimpse today from our development build of the parks you’ll be able to create with RCTW. In other words, we wanted to show you more of RCTW NOW (with the framerate still to be optimized) rather than later. ENJOY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03tQP6pulHM

FEATURES

As seen on our website (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/), Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/rollercoastertycoon) and forums (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/), we have announced a number of amazing new features for the game. Many of these were unveiled at PAX, including the powerful coaster builder, 4K UHD graphics, ride and coaster realism, and native Steam Workshop / UGC support.

Now, let’s address your questions regarding features - what will be available at launch, versus what will be added via free updates post-launch. So far, with the exception of some minor features, everything the community has asked for will be included in the game. However, in regards to the release of these features, we want to have a product that is fully polished at launch. This means that some of these features will be released as free updates post-launch - including darkrides, tunnels, and transport rides - once they are truly finished and optimized.

We intend for RCTW to set a new bar for themepark simulation, and to be a game that is played for a long, long time. We owe it to you all to present a robust, content-rich, and fully polished game at launch that can be updated and improved for years to come.

WHAT’S NEXT

One last note - we know what you all want to hear. Coming soon on our blog topic list is info on our street date, pre-order plans, and Beta! Until then, thanks again for being a part of the RCTW community!

Cheers,
“Mattlab”
Executive Producer of RCTW
Atari

JMR
09-18-2015, 03:48 PM
Here is a transcript I typed up for the vocal dialog from the video. (For the hearing-impaired and for people to quote from.)

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Mattlab: So 16 years ago, Chris Sawyer came up with Roller Coaster Tycoon. After that, he came up with Roller Coaster Tycoon 2.

This took many ideas from Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and then brought them forward.

Then, we came out with Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. -- This was the first time the franchise was introduced to the world of 3D graphics. We're bringing a lot of that to our next game which is Roller Coaster Tycoon World.

The vision to RCTW is to really capture those things in the previous games that fans loved and then put a level of next generation polish on top of everything. Roller Coaster Tycoon World is really the next-generation of Roller Coaster Tycoon. It brings the franchise forward.

In this game we started from the ground level. We read what fans wanted, we saw what their behaviours were in our previous games and we combined all that knowledge along with the sort of passion of the team. Both at Atari and here in NVIZZIO to come up with Roller Coaster Tycoon World.

My favorite technical aspect of the game is by far the coaster editor.

Steven Lumpkin: Previous games you were building piece by piece track segment by track segment. But now we've built a really robust spline-based coaster editor. Which means you've got these long curves which you can manipulate however you want.

Andrew Wilson: So as a user creating a curved path or roller coaster that can move anywhere in 3D space, we kind of have to calculate the angles in the direction changes and the forces and everything that we needed real-time to allow the user to make any shape that they want.

Mattlab: And we've done this with Six Flags. -- We wanted to bring their expertise in running some of the world's greatest theme parks and building some of the coolest roller coasters you've ever seen, to roller coaster tycoon.

Rebecca Close: It's been an incredible partnership with NVIZZIO and Atari and we've worked very closely to look at things like the schematics of our theme parks. -- The guest traffic patterns and of course all our rides and the layout of our major coasters and our tallest thrill rides. But it's really all that little stuff, that attention to detail that I think will make this game the most realistic theme park game that has ever been made.

Mattlab: The simulation is something that we're really bringing a step forward. We've re-thought how we're doing the shops and the stall system and all the different operations that you have to do inside of the game.

Steven Lumpkin: Artificial intelligence in Roller Coaster Tycoon World differs from previous games, in that, in previous games the AI would sort of roam around discovering things and evaluating whether those things match their current needs and then deciding whether they want to participate or not, based on that.

In our game it's much more about; they know their current state of needs and they intentionally choose to take whatever action is going to help them out according to their current needs. They also care about the themeing of objects in your park. Some peeps are going to want to ride Western-type rides, some peeps are going to want to eat and science-fiction themed restaurants. Some peeps have a certain preference for the type of cuisine for the types of food they like to eat. All of these contribute to an experience where the peeps are caring about a lot more of your parks, than they used to.

Kim Pasquin: One of my favourite features is terrain deformation. I think our developers were able to create something that is easy to use but also gives the possibilities for the players to be able to customize that park and make it look the way they want. We really spent a lot of time making a tool that is simple for users, but very powerful for our hardcore gamers. -- So they really can personalize their park as much as possible.

Patrick Bathazar: A modern way of doing a simulation game means using modern techniques. So we're multi-threading the game as much as possible.

Andrew Wilson: Yeah that really expands the AI, gives us a lot more room for breath. Because we have faster CPU's now. So we can actually use that 64-bit new-age graphics. We're using a lot of new high-end techniques to try to bring the graphics up to that next-gen type of material.

Patrick Bathazar: What hasn't been done before in an RCT game is using modern rendering technologies.

Mattlab: For the first time we're integrating, natively, user generated content support. -- Which is a huge innovation. It's gonna allow users to dream up things that we didn't even think was possible. We're going to be doing Steam workshop support, which, in itself allows for a lot of different sharing features.

Patrick Bathazar: It's an evolutionary step for the franchise.

Mattlab: The game not only looks beautiful, but looks realistic.

I think it's really going to change the way some people play this game.

Two words. Thank you!

Look guys! Car parks!

http://i.imgur.com/ErjQYFa.png

I think it was a very good idea to collaborate with Six Flags! Even to the fine details like the guest traffic patterns?!

Also, I loved the terrain deformation in that video. It looks amazing! Was pleased to see things actually built on top of the terrain and how the path interacted with it.

Some quick questions:

When you said:

Coming soon on our blog topic list is info on our street date, pre-order plans, and Beta...

I assume you wrote that in a specific order? Also, how soon? :D

Also, being as you're collaborating with Six Flags, will we see Six Flags parks shipped with the game? That would be so good! Perhaps as a scenario to manage Six Flags? This would really highlight that you can recreate parks and build the park of your dreams.

Now then, onto the stalls...

http://i.imgur.com/JfERwyj.png

This is basically exactly what I had in mind! Very realistic and has that touch to it!

Fantastic video! Very professional.

I approve of this blog post. Worth the wait.

Rodrigo Netto
09-18-2015, 03:48 PM
Oh my god. This is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!

Thank you!

Caine
09-18-2015, 03:50 PM
Thanks for this amazing blog and video :)

So far, with the exception of some minor features, everything the community has asked for will be included in the game.
Does this mean there is a chance that a real first person mode could be in the game?
I talked to my brother yesterday and he said that he wants that too ;)

Big_Boy
09-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Would be nice to know for the fanbase here, if the beta is closed. or only for people that pre order it, i guess that is already decided ? no ? can't you say anything about that :o

Bakgrund
09-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Finally!!!!

ddrplaya4638
09-18-2015, 03:53 PM
Looks good, will post again when I can really read it. Disappointed that we have to wait even longer for a release date... don't make us wait to long.

Kombiice
09-18-2015, 03:53 PM
awsum !!

vitor.sousa2000
09-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Oooooooooooooh! Hwo amazing video!
Thanks Mattlab!

Palaber1984
09-18-2015, 03:55 PM
Looks good, will post again when I can really read it. Disappointed that we have to wait even longer for a release date... don't make us wait to long.

Yes please don't make us wait to long!!!!

yourowner
09-18-2015, 03:55 PM
Thank you team you guys are doing a great job!!!!!!! thanks for the teaser it'll get me another few days at least but loveing the stall that we got to see and the amount of peeps makes me even more excited!!! great job team keep up the great work!!

Wayne
09-18-2015, 03:56 PM
MATT!!! I LOVE YOU! and of course the team! This is starting to look like the RCT I have always dreamed of even when I was a kid playing RCT1, 2 and 3!!!!!!!!! Looks amazing guys, this is the kinda blog posts I want to see more of, this is amazing! Not a ton of info but the video and seeing you all work and the evolution has been an amazing ride. Lets please keep this going!

Indominus
09-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Really nice video and update. Still waiting for an answer on if there will be waterrides or not though.

0BobTheJanitor
09-18-2015, 03:59 PM
Atari doesn't use Windows 10. Yay. :o

Big_Boy
09-18-2015, 04:00 PM
verry nice shop omg :D

Kambor
09-18-2015, 04:02 PM
Worth the wait. Thanks Mattlab!

coaster
09-18-2015, 04:04 PM
Wow, they are working with Six Flags. Does this mean we will have six flags parks? If not what was the extent of collaboration that was done with six flags?

BeerWhiskers
09-18-2015, 04:05 PM
Great post, great video!

Very happy to see polish in the game over what was in PAX videos. Especially happy to see the peeps behaving so much better, and very happy to hear a bit of how peeps decide to do what to do. A big Huzzah to the Dev team and Mattlab!

Happy to hear coaster editor has received a lot of attention.

Ok, now to go watch the video again frame by frame...

Rodrigo Netto
09-18-2015, 04:07 PM
I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the shops! I love the parking lots too!

I hope we get tons of different scenarios with different surroundings - not only forests. I also hope that we will be able to build paths with different widths.

Please, work on the roller coaster catwalks. They still look too simple.

And please include basic water rides, such as log flumes and river rapids, to the base game. :)

Kombiice
09-18-2015, 04:08 PM
what !?!? http://prntscr.com/8hully

Oblitious16
09-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Looks cool.

But, why do some of the gameplay bits look like they were captured at 5 FPS?

JMR
09-18-2015, 04:15 PM
what !?!? http://prntscr.com/8hully

I am rather sure that means "in-game" as in "in a steam game."

maxfreak
09-18-2015, 04:15 PM
Looks cool.

But, why do some of the gameplay bits look like they were filmed in 5 FPS?

Maybe you should try reading the paragraph before the video ; )

One last note - some of the game clips you’ll see are not yet fully optimized. Obviously for launch, gameplay will be optimized and framerates will be silky smooth, but we wanted to give you a glimpse today from our development build of the parks you’ll be able to create with RCTW. In other words, we wanted to show you more of RCTW NOW (with the framerate still to be optimized) rather than later. ENJOY!

Indominus
09-18-2015, 04:16 PM
Looks cool.

But, why do some of the gameplay bits look like they were captured at 5 FPS?

The framerate was tragic yes but Mattlab said it wont be like this in the final game.

Palaber1984
09-18-2015, 04:20 PM
Hey Matt!

Don't get me wrong and unrespectful but let the peeps animation naturally. I think the peeps in the video are not finished but I want to remember to make the peeps moves as detailed as possible. It looks scary and bad! And very important a collision detection. They are going through each other.

Thx

MichaelA
09-18-2015, 04:20 PM
I loved when at 2:15 that lady points to nothing.

Seriously though, there was a bunch of new stuff here, it was a great update. It just makes me more eager. Thanks MattLab, the teams at Atari and Nvizzio are amazing, I'll be sure to be first in line for the beta / preorder :D

Mattlab
09-18-2015, 04:21 PM
Hey Matt!

Don't get me wrong and unrespectful but let the peeps animation naturally. I think the peeps in the video are not finished but I want to remember to make the peeps moves as detailed as possible. It looks scary and bad! And very important a collision detection. They are going through each other.

Thx

Peep animations are a HUGE focus of our polish effort so don't worry ;)

Oblitious16
09-18-2015, 04:21 PM
Just so people who don't know are aware, the frame rate doesn't change based on the build of the game...

Stuff like peep movement is noticeable in this build. Frame rate looks fine in other snips of the video. It was just some crappy capturing or something that when wrong when rendering the video.

I don't want to make it a big deal anyways.

And parking lots are nice. :) Sad I don't see realistic queues.

RctwUltraFan
09-18-2015, 04:23 PM
Please click this link to see the full blog (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-18-behind-the-scenes-video-and-six-flags-collaboration/)

[/COLOR]

Atari and Nvizzio you suprised me realy hard again how and car parks you are killing me and dark rides you make this fanbase everytime stronger and stronger and of course BETA!!!

Palaber1984
09-18-2015, 04:27 PM

Thx for info. I'm trusting you guys.

Sidney
09-18-2015, 04:27 PM
Tooo Awesome cant wait. But you need to make the Stalls restaurants look releastic and.... you did a great job... i hope i can buy an Collectors edition for diehards RCT players that played RCT 2 'Too much'.

Fullmetal Maniac
09-18-2015, 04:31 PM
I am very excited about this game! I was super worried to begin with when learning about its development, but it looks like you guys are adding small but important things I have always wanted. Having a good atmosphere is so important for me when playing these types of games. That is one thing that Sim Theme Park did great back in 1999. RCT3 seemed quite bland and the cheap fences around the park boundaries just ruined the immersion. Seeing that there are parking lots in this makes me very excited. I hope you continue to add more detail. Having more detailed entrances would be amazing. Actually watching the peeps walk into the park rather than appearing 2 feet in front of the entrance would be awesome and I hope that it is something we will end up seeing in RCT World.

Also great work on the booths!!! I love the realism that you are adding into this game. You have me very excited. Keep up the good work :D

Rodrigo Netto
09-18-2015, 04:33 PM
I am very excited about this game! I was super worried to begin with when learning about its development, but it looks like you guys are adding small but important things I have always wanted. Having a good atmosphere is so important for me when playing these types of games. That is one thing that Sim Theme Park did great back in 1999. RCT4 seemed quite bland and the cheap fences around the park boundaries just ruined the immersion. Seeing that there are parking lots in this makes me very excited. I hope you continue to add more detail. Having more detailed entrances would be amazing. Actually watching the peeps walk into the park rather than appearing 2 feet in front of the entrance would be awesome and I hope that it is something we will end up seeing in RCT World.

Also great work on the booths!!! I love the realism that you are adding into this game. You have me very excited. Keep up the good work :D

True! Watching the peeps walk into the park would be great. I'm so excited!

Akydo
09-18-2015, 04:41 PM
Now that we know we are not getting darkrides, tunnels, and transport rides at Launch.

I dont think they should charge us 60 dollars for the game.$40 to 50 dollars seems more Fair.

Whats does everybody Think?

JMR
09-18-2015, 04:42 PM
I wonder what speciality tracks are?

http://i.imgur.com/k6RGZvr.png

Akydo
09-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Mattlab said no darkrides, tunnels, and transport rides at Launch

This Could mean there is still hope for Water Rides at Launch.:)

MrBob101
09-18-2015, 04:51 PM
Sad I don't see realistic queues.
Mattlab said that almost all of our feedback will be in the game. I have hope...... :) :) :) :)

Jakah
09-18-2015, 04:54 PM
I can't see water rides being available at launch, it is more likely to be added content, in the same way RCT3 did.

Great news to hear Six Flags is on board, so looking forward to riding some of those rides. :)

koekeritis
09-18-2015, 04:54 PM
Now that we know we are not getting darkrides, tunnels, and transport rides at Launch.

I dont think they should charge us 60 dollars for the game.$40 to 50 dollars seems more Fair.

Whats does everybody Think?

Yeah, He said they where coming with a free update after launch, but come on, transport rides NOT in the base game!?

garretslarrity
09-18-2015, 04:57 PM
The 18th blog post. On September 18th. Today is my 18th birthday. Yes.

The video was pretty cool. I do however find it odd that transport rides are not being included at launch. I consider that to be a pretty essential part of the game. I can't wait to hear the release date, and pre-order/beta information!

JMR
09-18-2015, 05:00 PM
The 18th blog post. On September 18th. Today is my 18th birthday. Yes.

The video was pretty cool. I do however find it odd that transport rides are not being included at launch. I consider that to be a pretty essential part of the game. I can't wait to hear the release date, and pre-order/beta information!

Happy 18th Birthday! :)

I agree with you. It's relieving to know that it will be release post-launch though. :)

greenstranger
09-18-2015, 05:03 PM
I believe it was worth the wait. I cant wait to see the game on my computer.

DonSPa
09-18-2015, 05:06 PM
The 18th blog post. On September 18th. Today is my 18th birthday.

that's pretty cool and hope u have a happy birthday,i doubt that we will get blog 21 on the 21st and plus ill be 56 not 21 Monday lolol

garretslarrity
09-18-2015, 05:16 PM
that's pretty cool and hope u have a happy birthday,i doubt that we will get blog 21 on the 21st and plus ill be 56 not 21 Monday lolol

Thank you!

Happy 18th Birthday! :)

I agree with you. It's relieving to know that it will be release post-launch though. :)

Thank you! And I do agree that it is nice to know it's coming post launch (not to mention for free), but I would think that they'd find something else to push to post launch before they chose transport rides.

JoshJ5Hawk
09-18-2015, 05:17 PM
I have to say, I noticed that the Steam page no longer lists "Multiplayer".
I haven't seen any posts about it, but has it been dropped completely? Pushed back? Unknown?

ddrplaya4638
09-18-2015, 05:17 PM
I am at a loss of words. This game has gone from zero to hero! You have done it Mattlab and Nvizzio! Cheers. Day one purchase for me.

rct-uwe
09-18-2015, 05:19 PM
Thank you!

I'm very happy to hear that you are going to add as much requested stuff. I prefer delayed but perfect features instead of by the way content at release. Nice video...
BUT if you add as much new features incl. CSO support, how do you want to earn money constantly over years? This game will be huge... how to become even better when all promissed stuff is included?

Just keep going on...

jrud05
09-18-2015, 05:20 PM
I'm very excited about the upcoming launch of RCTW and am thrilled to see that you guys are working with Six Flags! I'm hoping that this partnership will bring us realistic queues as well as a more in depth park management experience. However, I would highly recommend trying to include transport rides at launch as they are an important part of amusement parks today. I look forward to future updates!

Rodrigo Netto
09-18-2015, 05:21 PM
For me it is totally fine if they postpone the release of darkrides, tunnels and transport rides - even though I think tunnels are a really basic feature. They should concentrate on polishing the game instead of adding more and more features to it.

But please, Mattlab, make sure you guys provide us with a good amount of thrill/gentle rides at launch. And don't forget the basic water rides - I'm not talking about RCT3's Soaked! expansion pack stuff, I'm talking about river rapids and log flumes.

ncutt010
09-18-2015, 05:22 PM
Everything looks...just..perfect!!!! Fantastic job.

Everything that I wanted has been confirmed....except hotels?

dwwilkin
09-18-2015, 05:27 PM
I hope with Six Flags as a partner, we will once again have their parks included as templates, much like RCT2

JMR
09-18-2015, 05:28 PM
I hope with Six Flags as a partner, we will once again have their parks included as templates, much like RCT2

Precisely, good catch on the RCT2 comparison. If they do not do this, they've missed a great opportunity!

RCTW1
09-18-2015, 05:33 PM
SO AWESOME! Thank You Mattlab, Nvizzio, and Six Flags.
RCT always reminds me of Six Flags, so that makes me very happy.
I believe Atari is finally serious about having a great RCT this time, and I believe Nvizzio and Six Flags is really making that happen.
Thank you again, and take all the time you need, but not too much time. :D
Happy 18th Birthday to garrettslarrity. :)

simtom
09-18-2015, 05:39 PM
Any news on the fireworks editor? I think it really should be included.

pakos
09-18-2015, 05:42 PM
I want to see people eat at the tables, chips, burgers, Chickens etc
I would like to design different spaces with tables to create large and small restaurants.

darkhorizon
09-18-2015, 05:51 PM
Looks great! Love the look of that stall!

keeper262
09-18-2015, 05:52 PM
Looks great! I can't wait to play. Thanks for the update!

garretslarrity
09-18-2015, 05:54 PM
Happy 18th Birthday to garrettslarrity. :)

Thanks RCTW1!

lautpiano
09-18-2015, 05:58 PM
thx for this long awaited snippet, it's all coming together nicely! i wonder how many ppl are actively developing, the team didn't look awfully large there? i mean the game is supposed to compete against planet coaster, so you're up against a huge group of developers there. i'd really love you to hire as much additional help as you need to really polish it all up, obviously there's still heaps to do and work won't stop anytime soon. of course money is the main limiting factor here, esp. considering atari's situation, but just think about the massive revenue to be expected, you're gonna make millions all over the world, don't fear the cost now! :)

Ireeb
09-18-2015, 06:00 PM
You said beta and release dates will be announced soon in the last dev blog, and now you are postponing on again. I feel cheated :(

LilyValley
09-18-2015, 06:25 PM
This is more than enough info to keep me hyped. No release date yet, but that video was very detailed. What surprised me is the blue chairswing.

Diabolikz44
09-18-2015, 06:32 PM
You said beta and release dates will be announced soon in the last dev blog, and now you are postponing on again. I feel cheated :(
I feel cheated too...and no tunnels on release...I'm sad...but great blog!

Ireeb
09-18-2015, 06:36 PM
I feel cheated too...and no tunnels on release...I'm sad...but great blog!

Of course hearing that these features that are quite important for me won't be there on doesn't make me happy of course, but if they will be released later that is okay for me. The thing that made me sad was to hear that there is still no release date. Even the video couldn't hype me a lot now, but it was still interesting. I am tired of seeing others playing the game or seeing pictures and reading about it, I really want to try it put myself.

Rodrigo Netto
09-18-2015, 06:38 PM
I'm really annoyed with the grass between the paths and the stalls. I really hope that they allow us to place the stalls on a paved area (in any orientation), so that we can create realistic food courts. We should be able to fill an area - with whatever type of shape - with different types pavements in order to create plazas. And then, we should be able to select different types of tables to create the food courts.

How cool is that?

Angel
09-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Wow! This video is amazing! You guys are truly doing a wonderful job on this game and to be honest... I can't wait to get my hands on it, lol. That said, please do take the time you need to make sure it's a solid, complete game when it's released.

magicart87
09-18-2015, 06:50 PM
Thanks Mattlab for the Blog update!

Nice to see Six Flags in the fold again. It will be interesting to see the collaborative efforts in-game; excluding Mr. Six of course! That dude was creepy. Sorry Mr. Six a.k.a the elderly doppelganger of RCT's own "Park Inspector"

(Please NO! Don't do it. Horrible idea. Forget I mentioned it.)

Looks like the game is coming along nicely! Nvizzio keep up the great work!

jerseygrrll
09-18-2015, 06:57 PM
So excited! Thank you, Mattlab! It's lovely to see how hard you all are working and listening to the fanbase. :)

Helena
09-18-2015, 07:21 PM
:cool:

Yay, yay, new update! Video is wonderful!

But. Please @mattlab could you enable auto subtitles at least? I am deaf. I would love to read what you are saying in the video. :)

JMR
09-18-2015, 07:23 PM
If they don't fill the gaps, then it won't be a real food court plaza!

All the picnic tables I have seen so far were placed on the grass... and not all food courts have picnic tables. Hope we have different types of tables to place in our parks!

I agree, different types of tables would be ideal. Baring in mind that they're CS system probably has support for custom benches.

I really want to see some screenshots of a plaza/joined paths.

JMR
09-18-2015, 07:23 PM
:cool:

Yay, yay, new update! Video is wonderful!

But. Please @mattlab could you enable auto subtitles at least? I am deaf. I would love to read what you are saying in the video. :)

I'll write it up for you. Give me a few moments. :)

BigDaddy
09-18-2015, 07:28 PM
nice update, it looks like finally RCTW is hitting on all cylinders. Nice work gang. Looking forward to the beta and release.

The Stig
09-18-2015, 07:45 PM
Maurer Sohne spinning coaster?

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/Siaye/SohneSpinner_zpsp9p9pov6.jpg (http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Siaye/media/SohneSpinner_zpsp9p9pov6.jpg.html)

Helena
09-18-2015, 07:59 PM
I'll write it up for you. Give me a few moments. :)
Great of you!! Thank you.

JMR
09-18-2015, 08:01 PM
Great of you!! Thank you.

Not a problem. I'm disabled physically in another way. Never know, I could end up deaf one day too. Any of us could.

Here you go: https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?4840-RCTW-%96-Blog-18-Behind-The-Scenes-Video-and-Six-Flags-Collaboration!&p=34813&viewfull=1#post34813

:)

Helena
09-18-2015, 08:11 PM
Not a problem. I'm disabled physically in another way. Never know, I could end up deaf one day too. Any of us could.

Here you go: https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?4840-RCTW-%96-Blog-18-Behind-The-Scenes-Video-and-Six-Flags-Collaboration!&p=34813&viewfull=1#post34813

:)

Thank you so much, very thoughtful of you. I feel this community on this forum is quite nice for being a game forum. (very different from Steam for example)

FusionDeck
09-18-2015, 08:17 PM
Early in development I was a little skeptical, but now that's all gone, and I'm all eyes and ears for the release date! Everything that is there looks amazing, and with 4K graphics, it will look even better!

TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!!!

JMR
09-18-2015, 08:18 PM
Thank you so much, very thoughtful of you. I feel this community on this forum is quite nice for being a game forum. (very different from Steam for example)

I agree, this community is outstanding. That is probably because all of us share a lot of the same interests. I found RCT to be a very good game to grow up with.

Steam is full of everybody, so you get the best of both sides. Unfortunately for many, the bad side takes it's toll.

I've yet to see flame on this forum. (Either that, or moderation takes care of it soon enough so that I don't see it.)

I decided to move the text dialogue to my initial reply to this thread. Go here: https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?4840-RCTW-%96-Blog-18-Behind-The-Scenes-Video-and-Six-Flags-Collaboration!#post_34813

ParadeOfHorror
09-18-2015, 08:49 PM
With the announcement of partnering with Six flags I hope we also get to have our own Fright Fest

robinhsluis
09-18-2015, 09:22 PM

I'm very happy to read that reply! There was really just one thing that was bothering me, and that was the way peeps are represented in the videos. They're not behaving like humans. Very static and robot-ish or something. They indeed need a good polish, so good luck on that!!

By the way, wasn't there gonna be some information about water(rides)? This blog? I could be wrong though...

Honeywell
09-18-2015, 09:32 PM
Loved the latest video so much I decided to register. Looking forward to hearing more. :)

magicart87
09-18-2015, 09:44 PM
Loved the latest video so much I decided to register. Looking forward to hearing more. :)

Welcome to the Forum! I think you'll like it here. RCTWorld is shaping up nicely!

And89
09-18-2015, 09:52 PM
thank you|
congratulations for the work!
especially, the ability to edit the path with the mouse is the most beautiful thing :D

k1ng r4t
09-18-2015, 10:03 PM
Wow, I had a great day and a great night and didn't think it could get much better.

But if there's ONE thing that could definitely make it THAT much better...it's a fantastic RCT blog with a behind the scenes video. Wow!!

I'm surprised darkrides aren't going to be included on release though, that seems like such a theme park staple, equal to not including bumper cars or ferris wheels...oh well, I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

Cahalean
09-18-2015, 10:43 PM
A really nice blog mattlab. Sweden salutes you :) not surprised they are working with six flags tho. since cedar fair took over Paramount parks they´ve got som serious competition wich doesn't hurt. at least not for us enthusiasts... way to go Atari and Nvizio... Looks great and with six flags aboard i am sure we will see some RMC´s. if not in release but in free updates. kinda six flag´s new brand. as said. well done Atari!!!!

OTR24
09-18-2015, 11:00 PM
oh I'm so excited! Parking lots! :D

Rodrigo Netto
09-18-2015, 11:08 PM
Wow, I had a great day and a great night and didn't think it could get much better.

But if there's ONE thing that could definitely make it THAT much better...it's a fantastic RCT blog with a behind the scenes video. Wow!!

I'm surprised darkrides aren't going to be included on release though, that seems like such a theme park staple, equal to not including bumper cars or ferris wheels...oh well, I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

The preview editions of the game didn't have any darkrides, and they were all epic.

It's going to be a great game! And hey, we're going to have darkrides this time - not on day one, though.

James
09-19-2015, 12:04 AM
Awesome. Can't wait for the next blog. I'm so giddy at the moment.

Cabelle1863
09-19-2015, 01:26 AM
Everything looks incredible, absolutely amazing. I am so excited and cannot wait to read more news. I hope we'll have some six flags content & maps too. I sure enjoyed it in RCT2. I'm eagerly looking forward to the next devblog, you guys are doing a fantastic job. I've been sharing the video & recommending the game to all my gaming friends.

PlanetAlexander
09-19-2015, 02:49 AM
Looks amazing so far! Good to see you were talking about terrain deformation. When will there be news of structure building? I (and I'm sure many others) want the ability to customize ride stations and possibly shops.

S1m0nde
09-19-2015, 03:32 AM
I agree. It is amazing and I am looking forward.
My brain would like to see one more thing to be satisfied:

A little movement through wind.

I watch it and the nice graphics take me into that park but it feels somwhow wrong because the leaves of the tree are never moving. Those are the little things where you note "Anything is not as it is supposed to be.
I don´t know how much work this means but PLEASE think about it. Those small things can make a big difference!

RctwUltraFan
09-19-2015, 04:06 AM
Dont make me wait 1 and a half week or longer for me to play the beta!!!

Nickolodeon08
09-19-2015, 04:22 AM

I am SO glad to hear you say this! For me the peeps animations/ behaviors are very important and I hope you guys can make the peeps as realistic as possible and really listen to our suggestions on peeps behaviors/ animations! I also hope to see a diverse range of different looking peeps and different age ranges. I would hate to see a bucket load of the same looking peeps in my park. :) I can't wait to see how the finished peeps are!!!!

Now about the video! I am super excited to see the teams progress on the game!!! I mean, the details they are adding are amazing! I loved seeing parking lots in the background by the entrance! I hope we see peeps driving into the parking lots and getting out of their cars/ walking to the main entrance! That would be cool. Although this video was very reassuring, there are a few things that concern me, some things that people have already mentioned. One is the actual stores/ buildings themselves. Though I'm super happy they're adding shops/stores, they buildings I saw were very basic and square looking. I'm not talking about the little stalls (which are coming along nicely,)I'm talking about like the information building or the I think it was the souvenir shop? They looked good but just very basic. I hope we can customize them/ have different types of the buildings based on the themes (sci-if, spooky, ect) and I hope we can put the stalls and shops on pathways (and other things such as scenery items!)... Like someone mentioned. Only being limited to placing them in the grass would be a bummer.

I also hope hope we have a lot of options for restaurants and I hope the restaurants look GOOD and detailed!!! Will we be able to customize/ look inside of shops/ restaurants??? I hope we can at least see inside the restaurants/ watch peeps walk into them/ sit down or whatever, and not watch peeps teleport into a black building. Because that would be so awesome. I just want nice and detailed ACTUAL restaurants and shops, not just little dinky stalls. But it looks like they are listening and adding detailed shops and restaurants so that's good!!! I heard the one guy say something about a sci-fi themed restaurant! So hopefully there's a lot of themed restaurants as well as plenty of generic ones.

I am bummed dark rides/ tunnels/ water rides won't be at launch but I am glad they're free add ons Post launch. can't wait to see what the dark rides look like!!!

Excited for more info and hopefully a release date/ beta date soon!!! Keep up the good work :-)

CreamyBeef
09-19-2015, 04:28 AM
:) still have my concerns but well done guys

sam_93
09-19-2015, 04:49 AM
I've been eagerly awaiting for this update and what an incredible update it is! I really applaud Mattlab and everyone at Nvizzio/Atari for literally turning this game around from the Area 51 days.

I also want to point out how glad I am that it still has that RCT quirkiness from the original series. I'm a player who doesn't use CC and loves using the in-game scenery and tools to create parks, so I'm thrilled you've also catered to players like me. Can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy!!

The Coaster editor is just so amazing, I'm very curious to see the other Coaster
types as well.

Also Matt, will racing/duelling Coasters be possible? :D

koekeritis
09-19-2015, 05:26 AM
At the end of the day I think I actually prefer delayed but perfect features instead of by the way content at release. I want the content to be perfect, but I also wanna play the game soon. This allows both of those things!

I loved the vid!

Prody67
09-19-2015, 05:34 AM
RCTW is starting to look amazing, I can't wait to get my hands on this game!!!!

Indominus
09-19-2015, 05:36 AM
some of these features will be released as free updates post-launch - including darkrides, tunnels, and transport rides - once they are truly finished and optimized.

What about waterrides? (log flumes, rapid river...)

Indominus
09-19-2015, 06:05 AM
I wonder why there is a catwalk in the coaster station though... (1:15)
I also wonder why they didn't show us any new coasters cause the buttons look like they are unlocked.

RCTFan
09-19-2015, 06:45 AM
great blog!! thanks JMR for subtitles

JMR
09-19-2015, 06:47 AM
great blog!! thanks JMR for subtitles

Happy to help. :)

Jamppa158
09-19-2015, 08:10 AM
I'm loving this so much :)

Thank you for being such a good developers!

Jamppa158
09-19-2015, 08:17 AM
I wonder why there is a catwalk in the coaster station though... (1:15)
I also wonder why they didn't show us any new coasters cause the buttons look like they are unlocked.

I believe they showed in the PAX video that you can either enable or disable the catwalk for the coaster.

1wolffan
09-19-2015, 08:30 AM
Wait, you're not going to have Transport rides from the get-go? What theme park exists, that doesn't have a mini-rail train, a monorail, or a chairlift? I might have to wait until those are included before I would feel comfortable spending my money on the game. If there is no transport rides at launch, then that mean there won't be any Scenarios that include them in the game. And if none of the scenarios include it, they won't feel like real theme parks....
See the problem?

The same goes for tunnels; if they aren't included in day one, they won't be in the scenarios either. At least tunnels aren't at every park, ever; though I used them a LOT in the original two games. While tunnels may be important, they aren't nearly as important as Transport rides. At least with dark rides, it's not too hard to wait for them to be in an update. You can build them around existing parks. Transport rides and tunnels are often taken into account when planning said layout.

My problem isn't necessarily that I won't be able to build these things later. My problem, is that without them in the game, there won't be any campaign/scenario/challenges that include these things as well. I know many people like the sandbox mode, but the challenging scenarios were one of my (and I'm sure other folks too) favorite things to do. But if none of the scenarios have such common/basic elements in them, they won't feel all that natural and immersive.

I just feel like their rushing to get the game out alongside before another company gets around to it. Or they feel rushed by their very own fans. It DOES NOT HELP that most everyone in the community has been pressuring them to post a release-date, beta, pre-order, etc. Whatever happened to all those posts in the past that said, "We'd rather get a late game, than an unfinished one." Now all I'm seeing is, "We, want, now!", "Take my money already", "hope it gets released before x date [insert birthday/vacation time/season/semester/year here]", "quite stalling on that release date, Matt", "etc."
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with that attitude. We ALL know we would actually want them to make sure they have everything down pat, before releasing it to the general public.

Transport rides, and to a lesser extent, tunnels, are part of that finished product. Even basic water rides like boat hires, log flumes, and river rapids are important. You guys all need to stop rushing them, or you're going to end up with a very strange day-one game, with mediocre scenarios, and an uncertain future of updates. Sounds a little like RollerCoaster Tycoon 3's rocky start if you ask me (tunnels ended up part of the Soaked DLC). Consider that, before you get all greedy about having RCTW in your library.

Apologies for ruffling feathers like that. But sometimes things need saying, both to devs, AND to fans.

ddrplaya4638
09-19-2015, 08:39 AM
Wait, you're not going to have Transport rides from the get-go? What theme park exists, that doesn't have a mini-rail train, a monorail, or a chairlift? I might have to wait until those are included before I would feel comfortable spending my money on the game. If there is no transport rides at launch, then that mean there won't be any Scenarios that include them in the game. And if none of the scenarios include it, they won't feel like real theme parks....
See the problem?

The same goes for tunnels; if they aren't included in day one, they won't be in the scenarios either. At least tunnels aren't at every park, ever; though I used them a LOT in the original two games. While tunnels may be important, they aren't nearly as important as Transport rides. At least with dark rides, it's not too hard to wait for them to be in an update. You can build them around existing parks. Transport rides and tunnels are often taken into account when planning said layout.

My problem isn't necessarily that I won't be able to build these things later. My problem, is that without them in the game, there won't be any campaign/scenario/challenges that include these things as well. I know many people like the sandbox mode, but the challenging scenarios were one of my (and I'm sure other folks too) favorite things to do. But if none of the scenarios have such common/basic elements in them, they won't feel all that natural and immersive.

I just feel like their rushing to get the game out alongside before another company gets around to it. Or they feel rushed by their very own fans. It DOES NOT HELP that most everyone in the community has been pressuring them to post a release-date, beta, pre-order, etc. Whatever happened to all those posts in the past that said, "We'd rather get a late game, than an unfinished one." Now all I'm seeing is, "We, want, now!", "Take my money already", "hope it gets released before x date [insert birthday/vacation time/season/semester/year here]", "quite stalling on that release date, Matt", "etc."
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with that attitude. We ALL know we would actually want them to make sure they have everything down pat, before releasing it to the general public.

Transport rides, and to a lesser extent, tunnels, are part of that finished product. Even basic water rides like boat hires, log flumes, and river rapids are important. You guys all need to stop rushing them, or you're going to end up with a very strange day-one game, with mediocre scenarios, and an uncertain future of updates. Sounds a little like RollerCoaster Tycoon 3's rocky start if you ask me (tunnels ended up part of the Soaked DLC). Consider that, before you get all greedy about having RCTW in your library.
While I agree with you to an extent I applaud the way they are handling this. There are a lot of impatient fans that are around ( not all on here some on Facebook and other social media) that are really excited for this game. They have every right to be excited. Tunnels and darkrides are okay for me to be delayed. Transport rides are sort of a staple to alot of theme parks, but I personally won't miss them. I would rather them wait till everything can be included at launch but it's nice to know they are going to support this game post launch as well.

It is a money thing too, if the release it holiday time they will get more sales than q1 2016. Alot of people would be upset about a delay and it would negatively impact the general fans of the game. Pre Nvizzio alot of peeps weren't going to buy this game and look how that has turned around.

Your point about the scenarios bothers me though. I wonder if they with patch these things into scenarios?

Wilkong
09-19-2015, 08:56 AM
Great blog and amazing video! Can't wait to see and hear more about Rollercoaster tycoon World :)

Space Cops
09-19-2015, 10:17 AM
Im pretty sure transport rides are delayed because a lot of work is needed on the actual rides and the peep AI to use the transport correctly. In rct3, peeps often went on a transport ride, then walked all the way to the beginning just to use it again, as if it were a ride. If extra time is needed to make transport rides good in rctw, then so be it.

And i really applaud for the progress made so far. Very impressive

BillyBlaze
09-19-2015, 10:22 AM
I was very happy about what was said about AI! It seems they did exactly what I have asked for all the time!

Now I just need to know what campaign mode will be like, then I'm definetly in! :)

0BobTheJanitor
09-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Tunnels didn't exist in vanilla RCT3, and their scenarios were just fine. (A bit on the easy side, though) Transport rides, on the other hand, I think would be important to be in base game.

CoasterDrive
09-19-2015, 12:27 PM
I think they do have issues with transport rides because they may have multiple stations and the system is not ready for it.

as for the rest of the blog: Thank you Mattlab for the video, did contain some new information and new in game content :D

In the video i noticed:
+ track inside the station has been lowered
+ there are quite a lot of shops and restaurants (still hope that thre are even more)
+ the track supports differ very much depending on height/other tracks

- shops are currently not connected to the paths
- you said that peeps will stick to paths (alienware pax twitch stream), banks and trash bins are placed off the paths, hopefully they will use them in the final game

despite that i hoped your list of what will be included from the start and what will not would be a bit more detailed. OK, no tunnels, transport rides or darkrides. But what will be included after all? Water rides? Custom buildings? Coloring Flat rides?....

Hope to see the blog posts coming regularly again :)

CedarPointFan
09-19-2015, 01:08 PM
Holy smoking hot sauce this is amazing. I'm still wondering about coaster banking and why the supports bend the way they do, but I'm sure those minor "bugs" will be worked out. I am very pleased with how the game looks, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

JSkorzec
09-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Wow ... I'm impressed and so pumped for RCTW ^-^ I need this in my life RIGHT NOW PLEEEEEAASSEEEE !!!!

Acid Regulation
09-19-2015, 02:28 PM
the shops (restaurants) look good by the way!

RedBlueLaw
09-19-2015, 02:42 PM
All I need is to see the shops connected to the paths, piece by piece building, and rails on the wooden coaster, then I'm sold!

Markov
09-19-2015, 05:02 PM
YESSS!! Wonderful blog.
SN: Why are people still complaining? What more do you guys want? geesh..

Acid Regulation
09-19-2015, 06:21 PM
YESSS!! Wonderful blog.

eehhh, a lot of things apparently. it's the "wanting" of us "guys" that have made the game this awesome so far.

Pierre
09-19-2015, 07:01 PM
Congratulations to you is really beautiful. I really want to have access to this beta !! :p :)

tdscub
09-19-2015, 09:40 PM
I love it. I don't mind waiting for dark rides and tunnels, as long as we get them within a reasonable time.

What's the status on (in-game) custom buildings/structures?

Ireeb
09-20-2015, 06:00 AM
YESSS!! Wonderful blog.

I want to play it! :D

Indominus
09-20-2015, 06:11 AM
YESSS!! Wonderful blog.

Waterrides!

EmSay
09-20-2015, 06:13 AM
Juste Magnifique.
Bravo to all the team. I Can't wait to play this Game.
Could we have some information about the expected price of the game at launch??

IngloriousNuke
09-20-2015, 06:59 AM
they fixed the trashcan light issue ;) 947

Indominus
09-20-2015, 08:30 AM
All the flatrides are always in the same color, I hope Atari and Nvizzio realise that it would be a HUGE shame if we couldn't choose the colors of our rides.

JSkorzec
09-20-2015, 08:47 AM
All the flatrides are always in the same color, I hope Atari and Nvizzio realise that it would be a HUGE shame if we couldn't choose the colors of our rides.

Well , I guess they won't remove a feature that they already had... Also Mattlab said that this RCT is about creativity and details so I think its defintely possible to change colours of the (Flat)-Rides

Rodrigo Netto
09-20-2015, 02:21 PM
Hopefully, we will be able to change colors of all rides - including roller coasters. Otherwise, all parks will look the same and people are going to get tired of the game pretty early.

JMR
09-20-2015, 02:46 PM
Hopefully, we will be able to change colors of all rides - including roller coasters. Otherwise, all parks will look the same and people are going to get tired of the game pretty early.

Yes, I want to echo this.

A lot of people including myself have said the same thing in other threads, but I don't want this to go unnoticed. Very important.

RedBlueLaw
09-20-2015, 03:02 PM
I would not be illogical to assume that you could change the colors of everything (coasters, flat rides, scenery, etc.)

But then again, you know what happens when you assume!

The Stig
09-20-2015, 06:19 PM
Steve totally looks like the Planet Coaster guy.

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/Siaye/PlanetCoasterGuy_zpsurvfn0iy.png (http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Siaye/media/PlanetCoasterGuy_zpsurvfn0iy.png.html)

JMR
09-20-2015, 06:22 PM

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/Siaye/PlanetCoasterGuy_zpsurvfn0iy.png (http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Siaye/media/PlanetCoasterGuy_zpsurvfn0iy.png.html)

Mind = blown.

Sorry Planet Coaster, but, you simply cannot copy or compete with Steve's swag.

freez99313
09-20-2015, 06:26 PM

Add this to the Meme discussion :D

SparkyUK
09-20-2015, 06:43 PM
Holy smoking hot sauce this is amazing. I'm still wondering about coaster banking and why the supports bend the way they do, but I'm sure those minor "bugs" will be worked out. I am very pleased with how the game looks, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Do you mean how the supports suddenly bend just before the mean the ground? Everything looks great, and the supports look much better, but I wish they didn't suddenly go from an angle to a vertical point just as they meet the ground/footer. Or where they connect to the side of the track. That doesn't look accurate to me.

Otherwise I can't wait for this game, it looks like they've made some serious effort to make this what the fans would like.

Helena
09-20-2015, 07:50 PM
Mind = blown.

Sorry Planet Coaster, but, you simply cannot copy or compete with Steve's swag.

Agreed! :D

BeerWhiskers
09-20-2015, 11:37 PM
Ok, now that I've watched the Behind the Scenes a few times, there are a couple of comments and questions I would like to pose.

First of all, MattLab and Devs, I'm very happy with what I see in the video and I'm really looking forward to playing.

Check out the details on the wheel assemblies and track bolts!

Trees planted in flower beds? Cool.
Though all of the flower beds shown are single plots, separate from each other. If this is simply a difference from earlier RCT versions, I can live with it -just noticing that I noticed the difference.

I also noticed how the peeps are moving on the paths, and I don't mean the animations. The peeps appear to be moving along the path splines. Assuming the path spline is at the centerline of the path, it appears that a peep chooses an offset right or left of that, and travel along the spline at that offset distance away from it.

What we don't see is the peeps moving to interact with a feature like a shop or bench placed along the path. I COMPLETELY understand that this is still being polished, and not wanting to show it until a comfortable amount of polish. Especially with people commenting on the appearance of the animations (something technically easy to fix, just time consuming).

When peeps navigate an intersection, they seem completely involved with the transition from one spline to another. Does that mean that they will not interact with a stall/bench/feature placed at an intersection?

Here's why I think it's important: If peeps move along a path spline, I'm not sure if large open plazas will be possible. In my mind, peeps would be able to walk anywhere in a plaza- free-form movment. Additionally, a path through a plaza might have to be player-defined for something like a parade. A performance spot/area might have to be player-defined for those types of events.

Clearly, the Devs are very very clever. If anyone can work it out, I believe they can. Perhaps my thinking is limited that the plazas need to be free-form movement. Maybe because that type of movement would just be in plazas and not the whole park, it limits the scope of the problem, and the Devs work it out.

To be clear- I'm very excited for RCTW. I'm not concerned about the features not included at launch -I figure it will give me time to master the coaster editor and pathing system, because after a couple of hours I'm sure I'll start trying to push what the systems can do.

Cortex
09-21-2015, 03:28 AM
Completely agree with you Beerwhiskers! I hope they manage to fix the peeps :D

Vanillepink
09-21-2015, 09:04 AM
Add this to the Meme discussion :D

I think is name is Steven and not Steve ^^;;

CaptainJelle
09-21-2015, 10:01 AM
I think is name is Steven and not Steve ^^;;

Well Steven looks much better he's incredibly sexy and better yet, he's real!

CaseyCBeard
09-21-2015, 10:05 AM
It's great to finally put a face with MattLab! Nice to meet you Matt!

This was a great video and behind the scenes look at something that has completely turned around. I'm getting even more excited for the coaster developer!

cheeky chappie
09-21-2015, 11:45 AM
tbh i'd rather elements such as dark rides and tunnels are delayed and released accurately i.e. actually dark inside unless you light them etc, rather than have them rushed for the main release and not 'right.' i'm looking forward to creating dark rides whether coasters or ghost trains but it's extremely important to me that the concept of light and dark is as close to real life as possible e.g. when in a tunnel or section of enclosed coaster it simply shouldn't be possible to see very much unless you create lighting, and even then the areas lit should be reflective of the type and direction of lighting created.

CoasterBoss
09-21-2015, 02:17 PM
Can't wait for release! My nephews love RCT3, can't wait to show them RCTW and see the looks on their faces when I show them new coaster designer!

cubbie1964
09-21-2015, 05:46 PM
I am confused are you guys going to release a demo?

Ireeb
09-21-2015, 05:50 PM
I am confused are you guys going to release a demo?
Yes, they are going to release a "Beta" Version, this means a unfinished version of the game which the players can test. It helps the developers to remove bugs and improve the game until the final release.

Joe Android
09-21-2015, 07:04 PM
AWESOME, AWESOME and AWESOME! Collaboration with SixFlags, parkings, realistic stalls... This is incredible! Nvizzio is doing a good job, RCTW with Pipeworks seemed very cartoony, with Area 52 was horrible, and with Nvizzio is wonderful! This is the game that I've waited 10 years.

Keep this good job, I'm anxious for the next blog, where we will see the release date, pre order plans and info of the BETA! :cool:

Good work, guys, I can't wait to see the final animations of the peeps! :)

davaze
09-22-2015, 06:56 AM
Great work on this new title. Now I wonder if beside CSO it will also be possible to create CFR custom flat rides. I have been working on some rides for Theme park studio and would be great if I can port my models to RCTW someday.
Keep up the good work!

ddrplaya4638
09-22-2015, 09:18 AM
AWESOME, AWESOME and AWESOME! Collaboration with SixFlags, parkings, realistic stalls... This is incredible! Nvizzio is doing a good job, RCTW with Pipeworks seemed very cartoony, with Area 52 was horrible, and with Nvizzio is wonderful! This is the game that I've waited 10 years.

Keep this good job, I'm anxious for the next blog, where we will see the release date, pre order plans and info of the BETA! :cool:

Good work, guys, I can't wait to see the final animations of the peeps! :)

So true! I hope we don't have to wait long to see this beauty for ourselves.

Joe Android
09-22-2015, 09:46 AM
So true! I hope we don't have to wait long to see this beauty for ourselves.

Few days left to enter into Q4 2015, so the BETA is arriving. :cool:

ddrplaya4638
09-22-2015, 09:55 AM
Hopefully we will get a blog this week about it.

ETapley0687
09-22-2015, 11:00 AM
I read the blog and saw the video the day it was posted but I'm going through the thread and can't believe there are still people who are unhappy. Me personally, I'm too excited about the release now. I'm ok with having to wait for tunnels (waited for RCT3), dark rides, and transportation rides. Giving them time to perfect those areas will be great for us and it's a free update so there's absolutely no problem with that. Looking forward to more info and the release!!!

Achronite
09-22-2015, 04:47 PM
Looking good, and looking forward to the Beta to squash some bugs!

orangefreak
09-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Wooooooow, now i'm sooooo excited for this game, can't wait!

A very important thing to me is the screaming of the peeps on the coasters and rides, i wonder how it will sound like. To my oppinion the Screaming on rct3 was just horrible (sorry) and that was one reason why i switched back to rct2 with their epic screaming peeps;)) great blog!

Milzbury
09-22-2015, 07:57 PM
It's too bad that they didn't collaborate more with, say.. Universal Studios or Disney World...

Anything posted about dark rides and 3D theaters?

DangeR
09-22-2015, 08:11 PM
I have one doubt tho. Let's say I build an entire wild west themed park, I advertise my park as a wild west park, and all the world know my park as the best wild west theme park. Will people thaat are only into sci-fi stuff visit my park and be unhappy, therefore sending my rate to the floor? Or maybe they can start to like wild west stuff after a good experience? I just worry about the rating, it's not fair if someone goes into my wild west park (named Wild West Park Only Wild West Rides) and thinks "this park is lame, it doesn't have pirates theme"...

And if I remember correctly, on the first 2 games guests would know about some rides, or have their favorites in mind and go straight to them, and also go to shops and bathrooms if they needed to. They just needed a map, or they would search until they find it, like in real life (they couldn't ask other guests tho xD). Or if they didn't need to go anywhere they would walk around. AI was bad at most points, like they wouldn't recognize more than 1 line of path (rct1) or 2 (on rct2), and they always tried to take the shortest path to where they needed to go, so if this path didn't exist they would get lost sometimes. I heard AI on rtc3 is not the greatest too, solving some problems but introducing others. My point was: not much true what that guy on the video said about the AI just walking around and "trying" interactions with the park.

Also I didn't like the very beginning of the video. The voice makes it sound like: "soo, there was this ****... and then we came out with rct3!!!" The reason the first 2 games look very similar is because there was only so much a guy programing alone could do, and the game he'd came out with rtc1 was already a blast and had amazing gameplay. He did, however, improved most of the things. Also he brought a lot of new rides and ideas. That guy is a wizard, he wrote rtc1 in assembly! And it would run smooth even on my old pentium 166Mhz, with all the AI calculations and coasters physics. Much better optimized and without major design flaws like most of today games. Since Atari got the game what did you do? RCT2 expansions (by Atari) were plain bad, the parks introduced looked bad, just a lot of stuff put togheter by a 5 years old, also wtf were those animatronics(?)... All the new parks were tied to a theme, and the rides introduced were the same old rides with a new skin (people used to do that for free and with better variation on rtc communities). Unlike RCT1 expansions, which were both a whole new game. RCT3 might be a great game (it's not a game for me tho), but it sure has nothing to do with the first 2 games, my point being: since Atari put their hands on the franchise the quality went from 99 to 60ish. I know the video was supposed to be about Atari work, but I felt like Chris Sawyer's creation was underrated on the video.

That being said, the whole rest of it amazed me. I'm sure Atari realized that they had to combine the best features about all 3 games, and they seem to be doing it greatly. The interface sure looks a lot like the first 2 games (one of the main reasons I couldn't play 3), and the custom created content come to cater to the third game fans. All the features are looking good and I hope this game lives for its hype.

Joe Android
09-22-2015, 08:16 PM
It's too bad that they didn't collaborate more with, say.. Universal Studios or Disney World...

Anything posted about dark rides and 3D theaters?

This blog talks about this:

''However, in regards to the release of these features, we want to have a product that is fully polished at launch. This means that some of these features will be released as free updates post-launch - including darkrides, tunnels, and transport rides - once they are truly finished and optimized.''

It would have been nice to see the collaboration of Universal Studios, for example, yes, but I'm glad to know that Six Flags colaborates in the game, is a company that did the same with RCT2, this gives me confidence, a lot. :)

RCTW1
09-22-2015, 09:51 PM
RCT always seemed to be a better match to Six Flags than Disney IMHO.

ddrplaya4638
09-22-2015, 10:15 PM
Rct is more about coasters, so i can see the colab with six flags. Disney and Universal are more about dark rides and "advanced" rides

Big_Boy
09-23-2015, 01:52 AM
I realy want to know when the beta start pffff

Manucoffee
09-23-2015, 04:53 AM
Yes the graphics do look better, but the Skybox or lighningeffects are still pretty bad.:(

I want to see something like this:
http://s25.postimg.org/jw41ixmkv/Peak_Park.jpg
https://cms-images.idgesg.net/images/article/2015/08/hayden_pc-world_rctw-coaster-100611040-orig.png

It looks so lifeless and boring.

Joe Android
09-23-2015, 06:44 AM
Yes the graphics do look better, but the Skybox or lighningeffects are still pretty bad.:(

https://cms-images.idgesg.net/images/article/2015/08/hayden_pc-world_rctw-coaster-100611040-orig.png

You are comparing a demo. There are many things that still need to be worked, as the lights at night. I remind you that the game is still in development. In this demo we haven't seen neither half of the game, remains to be seen a lot of vegetation, attractions, etc. In the demo they have only shown a few things. RCTW offers the possibility of create plazas, so in RCTW we will be able to do things like the first image that you posted above.

In addition, Steam Workshop give much life to the game, I'm sure we'll be able to make impressive parks, you just have to see how is RCT3 now with downloadable content.

Manucoffee
09-23-2015, 07:19 AM
But the game will launch in just a few months. I dont think that they will have the time to replace all the Skyeffects ect.

Nvizzio give me this:http://smileyseite.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/engel-smileys-2.gif
http://s25.postimg.org/6awhwnij3/Mako_SWO1.jpg
http://s25.postimg.org/akejko8zz/TGT.jpg

Joe Android
09-23-2015, 07:25 AM
But the game will launch in just a few months. I dont think that they will have the time to replace all the Skyeffects ect.

Nvizzio give me this:http://smileyseite.de/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/engel-smileys-2.gif

It depends, if the demo was an early phase, I think we will see many surprises. :)

We have still to see the width of the paths, they said that we will be able to change the width of the paths, so I think the game will have another look with large avenues.

I think that, with Steam Workshop, we will be able to recreate parks like the pictures you've posted.

Rodrigo Netto
09-23-2015, 08:02 AM

Great pictures! What are these?

ddrplaya4638
09-23-2015, 08:04 AM
I hope we can get as in depth with scenery as its shown in those pics.

Coasterfan
09-23-2015, 08:41 AM
Looks amazing! Any word on beta or full game release date?

Coasterfan
09-23-2015, 08:44 AM

Nvizzio give me this:

Yes the graphics do look better, but the Skybox or lighningeffects are still pretty bad.

Excuse me but where is this from? Are all 4 from RCTW or are a few images from something else?

Looks amazing

Big_Boy
09-23-2015, 10:13 AM
looks amazing but i think it is a simulation of a new atraction and not a game.

ddrplaya4638
09-23-2015, 10:36 AM
Those are all not from rctw with the exception of the picture of the incomplete coaster.

orangefreak
09-23-2015, 11:03 AM
maaaaaaan, can't wait till we finally get the beta to download!!! i^m so excited about all this

Coasterfan
09-23-2015, 01:18 PM
Those are all not from rctw with the exception of the picture of the incomplete coaster.

they should add that as its pretty confusing

where is it from then?

ddrplaya4638
09-23-2015, 01:22 PM
Very likely no limits 2 or another program as that mako shot is a demo of an actual coaster.

Nemmie
09-23-2015, 06:22 PM
Those other pics are from No Limits 2. They're by a guy Dapalm (
David Palmero). He's been a very active contributer to the RCT3 community for a long time now and has started using NL2.
Here's his Mako recreation. https://youtu.be/GuVRBC8hkIs

ddrplaya4638
09-24-2015, 12:09 PM
I'm dying for new information again haha.

Joe Android
09-24-2015, 12:26 PM
These last moments are the worst. We are about to enter in Q4 2015, and we are very impatient because soon we will have the game in front of our eyes. We are waiting for the blog that, in theory, should give to us information about the Beta, release date and pre-order. :cool:

ddrplaya4638
09-24-2015, 12:35 PM
I wonder how long they will drag this announcement out.

Joe Android
09-24-2015, 12:43 PM
I wonder how long they will drag this announcement out.

I doubt that this week we will see something, Mattlab are still in silent and we are on Thursday. I think we will see something next week.

By the way, I'm thinking in Littlewoods, who said the game would come out tomorrow, Friday 25.

ddrplaya4638
09-24-2015, 01:16 PM
There was another UK site that said tommorow but they recently changed it. I don't think they would really hype up the announcement. I think they will just suprises us. I am doubtful of anything today and tommorow.

Joe Android
09-24-2015, 01:23 PM
There was another UK site that said tommorow but they recently changed it. I don't think they would really hype up the announcement. I think they will just suprises us. I am doubtful of anything today and tommorow.

I see this an absurd way to make false hopes. It is easier to put release date: TBD.

ddrplaya4638
09-24-2015, 01:24 PM
That would be to easy XD

Joe Android
09-24-2015, 01:28 PM
That would be to easy XD

Now, Littlewoods puts: Pre-order now - For delivery on 31/12/2015. xDDD

We could say that they offer pre-order before than Atari. :p

ddrplaya4638
09-25-2015, 12:33 PM
Well it's Friday. Here's to hoping for something great.

Milzbury
09-25-2015, 07:56 PM
Well there be a disk version? I am not a big fan of using steam.

JMR
09-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Well there be a disk version? I am not a big fan of using steam.

Yes, there will be. :)

As said in the pax livestream:

https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?4893-Pax-livestream-timestamps-Things-confirmed-inside-of-the-PAX-livestream

Box copies of the game available in Europe and will be available in other countries. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJxlP1GeAzw&t=51m04s)

Caine
09-25-2015, 08:16 PM
Yes, there will be. :)

As said in the pax livestream:

https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?4893-Pax-livestream-timestamps-Things-confirmed-inside-of-the-PAX-livestream

But I think you have to use steam to activate the game

JMR
09-25-2015, 09:33 PM

I doubt it, but it is a possibly, especially considering that the Steam Workshop interrogation is going to be native to the UI.

RCT has always been an offline game, so I doubt they will just force people to sign in with steam in order to activate the game.

Hopefully there will be just a polite notice saying 'Some features will not be accessible unless you sign in with Steam.'

DonSPa
09-26-2015, 12:30 AM

I doubt if they have a disk that you would have to have steam to activate,but they may give u a choice to use steam to buy the game or buy a disk but would have to have steam in order to download user created CS

ddef12
09-26-2015, 08:48 AM
I play Theme Park Studio offline all the time. Did they announce somewhere that RCTW would require an Internet connection at all times to play?

JMR
09-26-2015, 08:53 AM
I play Theme Park Studio offline all the time. Did they announce somewhere that RCTW would require an Internet connection at all times to play?

I do not recall them saying that.

Although, they may have said that at one point when multiplayer was at prime focus, but anything like that said is basically invalid now.

Ireeb
09-26-2015, 09:40 AM

They said that you will always be able to play without internet connection. They want the online features to enhance the game, not restrict it.

MrBob101
09-26-2015, 11:19 AM
I think it is going to be like SimCity 2013. The DVD installs the game and then Steam would ask for the product key. Once entered, It would have access to Steam Workshop.

Also, when is the next blog!!!! I am dying of anxiety.

ddrplaya4638
09-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Honestly probably next Friday at the earliest.

Space Cops
09-26-2015, 01:13 PM
If its on steam it doesnt mean it has to be always online, just for activation. Steam made big strides on allowing games to be played offline. I myself use steam often online

MrBob101
09-26-2015, 02:12 PM
Mattlab just made me depressed.....

ddrplaya4638
09-26-2015, 02:35 PM
Same. Oh well.

Joe Android
09-26-2015, 05:39 PM

Then the release date will not be announced in September, as stated.

ddrplaya4638
09-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Considering that Wednesday is the last day of September I think we won't see a date till October.

Joe Android
09-26-2015, 07:04 PM
Considering that Wednesday is the last day of September I think we won't see a date till October.

Next Friday we should have a good blog with the release date, and if it possible the BETA, pre-order I think that will come a little later. The game wasn't bad at PAX, right? Only they needed polishing some details like the animations of the peeps and the performance of the game. I think they're ready to give us the BETA in October, because they had all the whole month of September to polish these details.

JHouston
09-27-2015, 05:04 AM
when he said everything will be included in the game, do you recon this includes parades?

Big_Boy
09-27-2015, 05:19 AM
I'm Just dissapointed ... pax "will be annouced next month" well here we are end of september is near ... only 1 blog post still no dates or release of beta ...

We where just Lucky the blog was acualy pretty good on some info, if we are Lucky we know it before 2016 cause it looks like it is going to be like that.

ddrplaya4638
09-27-2015, 07:04 AM
I'm thinking it's going to be a late December release the ways things are going.

JHouston
09-27-2015, 07:08 AM
I'm very upset at the state of the queue the moment, i'm hoping this will impove so to with the ability to have multiple coaster stations

ddrplaya4638
09-27-2015, 07:17 AM
I also hope the Queues have entrance signs.

Joe Android
09-27-2015, 09:38 AM
I'm very upset at the state of the queue the moment, i'm hoping this will impove so to with the ability to have multiple coaster stations

The queues have nothing to do with what we saw at PAX, logically it was a demo. The queues will be better in the final version:
https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11889669_957594364264041_1894598606859595099_n.jpg ?oh=c92859b25ed0fd7e1a6abae437213851&oe=56A37402

ddrplaya4638
09-27-2015, 09:48 AM
That picture came out way before pax.

Joe Android
09-27-2015, 10:12 AM
That picture came out way before pax.

The PAX demo was a very early version, so I don't understand why worry about queues, it is sure that the queues will be much better in the final version. The image shows a decent queues, no matter if the picture came out before PAX, surely the image shows the final game, or the game almost over.

RCTW1
09-27-2015, 06:01 PM
The PAX demo was a very early version, so I don't understand why worry about queues, it is sure that the queues will be much better in the final version. The image shows a decent queues, no matter if the picture came out before PAX, surely the image shows the final game, or the game almost over.

I'm pretty sure everything will look even better when finished, but I see nothing that would bother me.
Looks Great Already!

Joe Android
09-27-2015, 06:08 PM
I'm pretty sure everything will look even better when finished, but I see nothing that would bother me.
Looks Great Already!

Exact.

It is amazing that many people worry about some things only seeing the PAX demo. This was an early demo, only to see the new work of RCTW in Unity 5 and some aspects of the placement of rides and the coaster editor. It is clear that many things weren't available, as the doors that are there in the queue to enter into the rides or coasters. :)

JMR
09-28-2015, 01:53 PM
It is amazing that many people worry about some things only seeing the PAX demo. This was an early demo, only to see the new work of RCTW in Unity 5 and some aspects of the placement of rides and the coaster editor. It is clear that many things weren't available, as the doors that are there in the queue to enter into the rides or coasters. :)

Whilst some things were obvious that they were going to be fixed/polished for launch, not everything is so obvious. I do not find it that surprising that people are stating their concerns. I actually think it is a good thing, I think it is important that people are picky. -- It is safe and a good idea to point out problems that you notice, there is a possibility that the developers didn't think about it or notice the issue.

There is no harm in people stating what they do not like from the PAX demo. I'd prefer that, than everyone simply ignoring everything they didn't like. :)

However, I do get a little frustrated when people point out their concerns for things that have already officially been confirmed to be changed/fixed/polished for launch.

Joe Android
09-28-2015, 04:02 PM
Whilst some things were obvious that they were going to be fixed/polished for launch, not everything is so obvious. I do not find it that surprising that people are stating their concerns. I actually think it is a good thing, I think it is important that people are picky. -- It is safe and a good idea to point out problems that you notice, there is a possibility that the developers didn't think about it or notice the issue.

There is no harm in people stating what they do not like from the PAX demo. I'd prefer that, than everyone simply ignoring everything they didn't like. :)

However, I do get a little frustrated when people point out their concerns for things that have already officially been confirmed to be changed/fixed/polished for launch.

There are many things in the PAX demo that obviously need to be worked. In fact we can notice that is a demo of an early version. You believe that Atari and Nvizzio will release a game with those queues so ugly? And those peep animations? It is clear that everything will be better in the final version, if they did a good job visually, they also do the same with all other aspects of the game. It is logical that the game, still being in development, those things will get better. Also, I don't understand the concerns of the queues, perhaps the image that Atari showed us a while ago shows no decent queues? :p

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11889669_957594364264041_1894598606859595099_n.jpg ?oh=c92859b25ed0fd7e1a6abae437213851&oe=56A37402

Also, if you look at the image, the ticket booth with the door wasn't on the demo, while in this image that, apparently, seems to be the final version or almost finished version, appears, and gives a nice touch.

That said, I agree that people worry about things, thereby developers will pay more attention to certain aspects of the game. :)

savoytruffle98
09-29-2015, 12:00 AM
It's been a while since I've posted.
Anyway, great to come back to see that this game is taking leaps and bounds forward. Atari, you guys bounced back incredibly from the Area52 fiasco and I'm glad to say this game seems to be on the right track for that new RCT game I've been waiting a decade for.
Great work, and just keep it going.

JMR
09-29-2015, 01:01 AM
It's been a while since I've posted.
Anyway, great to come back to see that this game is taking leaps and bounds forward. Atari, you guys bounced back incredibly from the Area52 fiasco and I'm glad to say this game seems to be on the right track for that new RCT game I've been waiting a decade for.
Great work, and just keep it going.

Welcome back! :)

cupofjoe
10-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Decided to watch the video again and there were two things I noticed that I did not notice the first time.

First, this BEAUTIFUL stall (pixely because of the screen grab)

I'm not sure how I missed it before, but what a significant improvement from previous games. (but then again, so is all of RCTW :p)

Next, the peep animations at 2:45 were a little sub-par, specifically when turning corners. I know this has been mentioned before, and more than likely will be polished before launched, but its just something that grabbed my attention on the second viewing.

Joe Android
10-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Decided to watch the video again and there were two things I noticed that I did not notice the first time.

First, this BEAUTIFUL stall (pixely because of the screen grab)

I'm not sure how I missed it before, but what a significant improvement from previous games. (but then again, so is all of RCTW :p)

Next, the peep animations at 2:45 were a little sub-par, specifically when turning corners. I know this has been mentioned before, and more than likely will be polished before launched, but its just something that grabbed my attention on the second viewing.

What worries me is to see these repeated stalls. In the video, these stalls appear, but all are equal, some have symbols on the roof, but there seems that not exist variety of stalls.

I hope to see more variety of them.

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12074679_1042577662432769_322292195443362078_n.jpg ?oh=5ed4a18d2fc15dafaac7c3d68b8f5a87&oe=569352BA

cupofjoe
10-06-2015, 01:36 PM
What worries me is to see these repeated stalls. In the video, these stalls appear, but all are equal, some have symbols on the roof, but there seems that not exist variety of stalls.

I hope to see more variety of them.

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12074679_1042577662432769_322292195443362078_n.jpg ?oh=5ed4a18d2fc15dafaac7c3d68b8f5a87&oe=569352BA

I've also noticed that with the coaster stations. They look great, but they're repeated and there isn't much variety. I can only assume its because we've only seen early versions and the different stalls/stations haven't been completed.

Joe Android
10-06-2015, 01:38 PM
I've also noticed that with the coaster stations. They look great, but they're repeated and there isn't much variety. I can only assume its because we've only seen early versions and the different stalls/stations haven't been completed.

Yeah. In dealing only a demo, I hope to see more variety of these things in the final game.

TheDandy89
10-23-2015, 12:19 PM
The video was awesome! i am intrigued to see what will be going on!