PDA

View Full Version : [Parkitect]

Kombiice
09-12-2015, 03:38 AM
hey. i bought parkitect few hours after pre alpha 2.0 release. i played many hours now and can say: its really awesome. you can get a true rct feeling while playing.

(nice scenere, nice flatrides, animations, coasters, stalls, people and updated coaster and path builder)

whoever wants to see a demonstration of my park: here you go ^^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZL-QPalIAk

Palaber1984
09-12-2015, 03:47 AM
hey. i bought parkitect few hours after pre alpha 2.0 release. i played
many hours now and can say: its really awesome. you can get a true rct feeling while playing.

(nice scenere, nice flatrides, animations, coasters, stalls, people and updated coaster and path builder)

whoever wants to see a demonstration of my park: here you go ^^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZL-QPalIAk

It looks really cute. I take a look at it!

Edit : This looks like rct 1+2 but in 3d and RCTmobile has to be look like this!

Edit 2: they even have tunnels. Rct3 has to look likes this with more details. Maybe I buy it too.

ddrplaya4638
09-12-2015, 05:52 PM
After an hour of it I'm happy to know it's still an early build. Got bored with it quickly. I have high hopes for its future though. Amazing that such a small team made this!

RCTW1
10-25-2015, 09:35 PM
It's a little bit easier for me to look at. RCT1&2 bothered me, plus with the music. I have some audio and visual sensory problems.

Lycerin
10-26-2015, 05:12 AM
Yep it is awesome! Bought it to support the creators.

And: This thread should not count as "ad", since the devs are a very small indie studio that in no way can compete
with Atari or RTCW. Be gentle, they are indies. ;)

Since it is an early build you are kind of restricted, and since the team is small development is goind pretty slow,
meaning there is like a smaller update each month. But that does not stop the game from being the best theme
park game I've seen since RCT3! There are some unique mechanics - food has to be dlivered to stalls first e.g. -
and a lot of love in the details. I also found that the restrictions somehow made me more creative. Doing a lot
with a little is quite satisfying. Even started building scenario maps for it. (Another plus -> heavily moddable,
super easy to create maps.)

CoasterDrive
10-26-2015, 07:49 AM
Although i like the game as well and enjoy playing it, i found the coaster builder quite complicated. It's cool that you can build with a larger variety of sizes but its incredibly difficult to say erase a middle track and modify it. as the height is somewhat implied from the set size you have to try figuring out what combinations of tracks lead to the desired height. Once i had my station at height 3, i build my track and came out at 3 1/8. I had to almost rebuild the entire track to get back to 3, even with the various slopes available. But i think they will solve this and it will become a nice alternative. That's the cool thing about all 3 games? got tired? just play one of the other two for some time :)

darkhorizon
11-14-2015, 09:01 PM
The coaster cam is actually a mod! :)

With all these new mods and custom scenery being released, I'm going to be creating a new park, but here's one that I created when the alpha was first released: http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,17922.0.html

Some images for those who are lazy (like me):

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy229/Dark_Horizon/SilvertonMineTrain3_1.png

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy229/Dark_Horizon/BatWing4_1.png

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy229/Dark_Horizon/MysticMountainWaterAdventure6.png

There are lots of other AMAZING parks posted on the same forum. Take a look! This game is like a modernized RCT1 but with it's own interesting game mechanics.

Joe Android
12-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Even Parkitect, made by 4 people, has buildings piece by piece.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CS4V1HxWcAAPHlZ.png

A shame, Atari, a shame that RCTW haven't buildings piece by piece at launch. I don't trust in a future updates, sorry, many things can happen in the future, the future is always unknown.

coaster6
12-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Even Parkitect, made by 4 people, has buildings piece by piece.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CS4V1HxWcAAPHlZ.png

A shame, Atari, a shame that RCTW haven't buildings piece by piece at launch. I don't trust in a future updates, sorry, many things can happen in the future, the future is always unknown.
Joe,
While you do have a point, that's a mod. There's no piece by piece in the vanilla game (yet) so your point is invalid because there was no way of predicting the future of Parkitect to have piece by piece building at all!

B3DDO3
12-13-2015, 12:19 PM
Joe,
While you do have a point, that's a mod. There's no piece by piece in the vanilla game (yet) so your point is invalid because there was no way of predicting the future of Parkitect to have piece by piece building at all!

If you read the dev blogs every week they are 100% behind it even creating their own pieces and changing the way the grid system works to help with building. RCTW does seem very surprised we wanted it, even though they are saying we know its important to you all, I feel it's such an easy system to build especially in unity they just didn't think we would want it because they are implementing CS. If you look at fences even there they were clueless with regards to piece by piece.

coaster6
12-13-2015, 12:36 PM
If you read the dev blogs every week they are 100% behind it even creating their own pieces and changing the way the grid system works to help with building. RCTW does seem very surprised we wanted it, even though they are saying we know its important to you all, I feel it's such an easy system to build especially in unity they just didn't think we would want it because they are implementing CS. If you look at fences even there they were clueless with regards to piece by piece.
Actually I have been following the dev blogs for a while, because I own the game! I am fully aware they support it, but guess what? RCTW supports custom content as well. I think what you're trying to say is that the RCT devas aren't as accommodating toward piece by piece, which I too am surprised by, but I have no control over. I believe with the improvements on the on-demand-grid, RCTW will eventually have piece by piece whether it's post release or custom content. Either way, I do think we should have this BEFORE release.

B3DDO3
12-13-2015, 12:44 PM
Yeah I think it is very possible for RCTW, I own all 3 games right now, I do worry though and am watching RCTW's presales if they remain low I'll cancel and wait until they start to show they will support it and give us the promised post launch content. $50 is a lot for a game with half its intended features. (Which I believe we may never get)

Joe Android
12-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Joe,

Yeah, I know that it's a mod, but I'm talking about the possibility of build buildings piece by piece, which in RCTW, for the moment, doesn't exist that possibility.

coaster6
12-13-2015, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I know that it's a mod, but I'm talking about the possibility of build buildings piece by piece, which in RCTW, for the moment, there isn't that possibility.
Which is really unfortunate because I've been pushing for that this whole time! I do believe we'll see some sort of piece by piece inplemented sometime down the road like I stated above. When, I don't know.

Joe Android
12-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Which is really unfortunate because I've been pushing for that this whole time! I do believe we'll see some sort of piece by piece inplemented sometime down the road like I stated above. When, I don't know.

Hopefully, though I suppose for the developers have the interest in improving the game in the future, first they must see that the game has good sales, which I put in doubt the success of the game.

bely1995
12-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Nice park :)

AUS_Twisted
12-18-2015, 10:10 AM
Seeing that only 3 guys put together Parkitect it's very impressive they can release a pre alpha that's more complete then Atari's BETA of RCTW, I'm not sure how they even labeled RCTW a beta as beta stage of a game is where everything is pretty much complete mostly for bug finding and some late changes for optimization.

JHouston
12-20-2015, 05:38 AM
It's obvious that the developers are looking for any and every Oporto it's to improve the game so I am writing this to show my favourite features from Parkitect that could be used in rctw. Some people may say that there different games thus they don't want things that work well in Parkitect in RCTW however they have already copied (yeah I mean copied) the piece by system UI being able to chose the length of each piece and bank on a circle spectrum. I'm pretty sure they also got the idea of heat maps from this game also.

-the employee paths
-workmen (employees that carry stock to shops)
-the full colour spectrum
-the shaders/filter ( the game looked vibrant)
-changing the colour of flatrides (not currently confirmed)
-maybe an option for isometric view and map view

If you guys have any more feel free to say them below or if you have any concerns.

shirty
12-20-2015, 06:33 AM
I really like the Idea of map view. As a 3d modeler I understand the issues that can be caused designing 3D objects in a view with perspective.
Making a track is no different and I spent most of my RCTW designing looking down from above. I would be every happy to see a map view mode that renders orthographic from above so I could get a true representation of whats going on without perspective scewing my view.