PDA

View Full Version : Mac release?

jamesair
12-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Does anyone know of a possible Mac release for RCT World?

spaghetti
12-13-2014, 12:12 AM
RCT3 was available for OSX, and that was released in 2008. Since then, Macs have been used more for gaming now than ever before. I'm not on their dev team, but I'd be surprised if it they didn't have a Mac release.

lohansony
12-13-2014, 03:15 AM
Does anyone know of a possible Mac release for RCT World?

If there isn't a Mac release I will be very, very upset. :(

skylor
12-13-2014, 03:22 AM
It'll be released in 2015.... no Mac support would be a shot in the foot.

jelkomme
12-13-2014, 05:31 AM
i hope, there would be a release for MAC!!!!!

CreamyBeef
12-14-2014, 05:02 PM
They have confirmed LOTS of times that there will not be a mac release. At least not at launch.

bkeskin
12-14-2014, 06:37 PM
They should release it on MAC, looking forward to it...

JMR
12-14-2014, 06:45 PM
They have confirmed LOTS of times that there will not be a mac release. At least not at launch.

With a new development team, this could soon change. :) (I hope it will :P)

If there is no RCTW OSX version, it is not the end of the world for me, but I would really appreciate one.
I just bought a fresh copy of windows 7 and use bootcamp to run my windows applications.
I use VMWare, if I just need to access something quick, like IE.

Cigfu
12-15-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm actually curious about one aspect of the sales: How many people in Japan, Korea and other countries where macs are more common as home computers bought the game.
Though the one downside to mac releases is the incapability of certain mods.

The Skipper
12-15-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm actually curious about one aspect of the sales: How many people in Japan, Korea and other countries where macs are more common as home computers bought the game.
Though the one downside to mac releases is the incapability of certain mods. That Is a downside of a MAC release, I don't recall ANY mods made to work with Mac in RCT3 or the expansions

RCTW1
12-15-2014, 05:10 PM
I'm not saying that one item is bad and the other item is good. For example, both PC and Macs have their own strengths and weaknesses.
Same goes with other stuff. :)

mooncow
12-18-2014, 06:24 AM
Both have their benefits but I have now completely ditched Windows so am going to be keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that they release a Mac version ASAP as this is one of my favourite game franchises.

ncutt010
12-18-2014, 07:57 AM
I read in many places there will be no MAC release at initial launch. Even with the new developers its not their decision to develop for MAC, its Atari's decision. So we probably won't see any changes as far as the release of the MAC version.

They did however promise a MAC version after the release but in RCT3's case, after the release was four years later

RCTW1
12-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Even if I were to jump shift to another OS, I wouldn't dare do it cold turkey. I would still keep the other os, for when I may need it for something.

JaydenIrwin
12-18-2014, 06:45 PM
I will be so sad if I can't get this game because they don't release it for Mac!

ncutt010
12-18-2014, 06:55 PM
I will be so sad if I can't get this game because they don't release it for Mac!

Sad enough that you'll get a PC?

arnaudober
12-21-2014, 05:26 AM
Sad enough that you'll get a PC?

A PC just for games... No, thanks, I prefer no games and a Mac. ;P
More seriously, RCT3 is available for Mac on App Store... And I think RCTWorld will be available on Mac too, but maybe later (or maybe in same time than PC, who know?)

iChase
12-21-2014, 09:14 AM
There is no Mac release at this time. Period. While I am a Mac devotee, I would rather the devs focus their entire pool of effort at creating the best game they can for one platform, then letting someone skilled at Mac ports like Aspyr, handle the port.

If you're on a Mac and want to play it, install Windows through BootCamp and have at it. It's an easy process that doesn't take more than an hour and will give you access to a who plethora of gaming on your Mac. Also, and unfortunately, the graphics card manufacturers tend to release much better drivers for Windows than Mac, so I find I get much better frame rates on the exact same game when I play it on my Windows partition versus my Mac partition. For example: The Sims 3 Mac/PC release.

This isn't to say we'll never see a Mac version of the game, but we won't be seeing a simultaneous RCTW PC/Mac release.

arnaudober
12-21-2014, 10:11 AM
Agree with you! Aspyr has done a real great work with RCT3 on Mac, and could make the same with RCTWorld! :)
I just don't want to see a RCTWorld on Mac, three years after PC... One year, not more...

arnaudober
12-21-2014, 01:47 PM
A gaming computer... I'm laughing! A lot of people who plays games, have just a cheap laptop... (not everybody of course, but a lot!...)
And Mac becomes more and more important for gaming these years. ;)

dwwilkin
12-22-2014, 11:31 AM
One has to realize that in terms of growth, the Mac Market has been doing that since the start of the recession in 2008 or longer, while the PC market reached a fully saturated level and all the companies combined have seen most years since then as shrinking. They still sell a lot, but it Is Apple who are getting more eyeballs every year on all their devices and were RCTW able to port to an iPad, well that happens to be the computer that sells the most units in the world.

Mightykiko
12-24-2014, 02:19 AM
Many work, but it is harder to configure

superkadete
12-24-2014, 01:01 PM
I'm sure it will. If they can do it for RCT3 than they can for RCTW! :cool: