PDA

View Full Version : RCTW - Blog #17 - Thanks for the Awesome Ride at PAX PRIME 2015!

Mattlab
09-03-2015, 10:52 PM
Discussion of Blog #17 (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-17-thanks-for-the-awesome-ride-at-pax-prime-2015/)

Now that our team is back from PAX Prime 2015, it’s time to recap some of the great news from the show! It was full of surprises for both fans and our developers. From the Alienware sponsored Twitch stream (http://www.twitch.tv/alienware/v/13603177?t=313m18s) of the game, to press interviews (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-press-recap-pax-2015/), and to exclusive demos with our Contest Winners (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-16-pax-plans-and-contest/) – it was definitely a wild ride.

In case you missed it, here are some highlights from the show floor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnmDTkxiMbI

If you thought there was a lot going on before, just wait until you see what we have in store. We will soon announce the timing of pre-orders, beta, and the release date.

For now, the team is laser-focused on releasing a solid AAA theme park game that sets up the next generation of the franchise. So stay tuned!

Thanks to everyone who came out to PAX and saw the game. You have given the team quite a boost in excitement!

Cheers,
“Mattlab”
Executive Producer of RCTW
Atari

garretslarrity
09-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Awesome! The stream made me realize how amazing this game is going to be! I was especially impressed by the rollercoaster building method!

Finzz
09-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the update Matt!

dwwilkin
09-03-2015, 11:13 PM
Some more details, I hope in the next blog

lautpiano
09-03-2015, 11:31 PM
Thanks for this little snippet, love the jolly mood and the RCT-esque music. Gets my juices flowing, pun-free, naturally. You've got the attention and probably the most invested and eager fanbase you can dream of, now keep striking a good balance between development and PR like this, then I really can't see this failing :cool:

PS.: We're sure you take our demands for maximum creative freedom to heart, esp. piece-by-piece building in conjunction with a clever building interface and hassle-free communication between Steam Workshop and game - a.k.a. NO LIMITATIONS :D Thumbs up, long live RCTW!!!

jibbyjab
09-03-2015, 11:51 PM
I remember hearing the song in this video during the live stream. I wonder if this is the main theme song for the game Mattlab was talking about.

James
09-04-2015, 12:00 AM
Oooooo, a beta!

Future RCT
09-04-2015, 12:02 AM
Cool video, I really like the music. I noticed some twitching in the UI at the beginning. Will that be patched before the game is released?

Thanks for the update.

darkhorizon
09-04-2015, 12:19 AM
Thanks Mattlab, the game is really shaping up to something great!

Palaber1984
09-04-2015, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the update Matt!

Where is the update??mattlab you looked during paxprime at the forum and know that we already up to date. More than you might be thought. Unnessesarry blog. Sorry!!! When does the next blog come?after the next week? Better this weekend?

I know we have got seen a lot new stuff. But at the same time there comes a lot more questions, that we thought we would see at pax. So we are much more curious than before.

Thanks

XoHAYDNoX
09-04-2015, 03:49 AM
Wish I was there :D
Just name the time we can pre-oreder this game! I will surely be there to get it :)

CoasterDrive
09-04-2015, 04:38 AM
At first i thought: What a lame update with so little text...but the video was pretty cool with some new footage. Thanks for that :)
I think it will take some time before we see something new because nvizzio needs to check all feedback, determine whats to be changed/implemented, do it and then we will see new stuff.

Big_Boy
09-04-2015, 05:00 AM
stay tuned :D aaah come on :). i'm tuned for weeks now :D

redyar
09-04-2015, 05:27 AM
Great! Will all pre-orders be able to test the beta?

Ireeb
09-04-2015, 05:44 AM
I am a bit disappointed by this post tbh, I hoped you'd answer at least some of the questions that the reveal brought up or that were not answered during PAX.

CoasterDrive
09-04-2015, 05:49 AM
I am a bit disappointed by this post tbh, I hoped you'd answer at least some of the questions that the reveal brought up or that were not answered during PAX.

What questions were not answered? At least for me he addressed all of them, if not as precise as i have hoped for.

- Scenery building piece by piece? -> Steam workshop doesn't limit your creativity (i would have loved to here 'we have a solid amount of assets for building complex scenery, but steam workshop will extend on that')

- Water rides? -> There will be water in the game. Stay tuned on Water rides

- Tunnels? -> Important and hard to make. Stay tuned

May be he could just list all the different coaster types that are planned for the game as the already know.

Ireeb
09-04-2015, 05:53 AM
What questions were not answered? At least for me he addressed all of them, if not as precise as i have hoped for.

- Scenery building piece by piece? -> Steam workshop doesn't limit your creativity (i would have loved to here 'we have a solid amount of assets for building complex scenery, but steam workshop will extend on that')

- Water rides? -> There will be water in the game. Stay tuned on Water rides

- Tunnels? -> Important and hard to make. Stay tuned

May be he could just list all the different coaster types that are planned for the game as the already know.

What track/coaster types will be there? Will we be able to build things without using the workshop or using external programs? Will there be fireworks and lasershows? Which lighting tools do we have? Can we add custom music and sync it with a coaster?

robinhsluis
09-04-2015, 06:02 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't hear sound from the twitch stream video?

Anyways, it definitely needs a lot of work still.
• Peeps are too much the same, they walk like robots, they walk sidewards as if they don't know how to turn and follow a path.
• Booth workers at attractions need something like protection for the rain? Are they movable? Like, can they be placed anywhere at the attraction edge?
• Do coasters always derail when a curved bank is to the outside instead of the inside? This would be an annoying limitation to they possibilities.
• Is there some sort of lock-button when building coasters that prevents the placing track to bend? I would like to create straight track pieces so that would be handy in some cases.
• Are coaster stations always this way? In RCT3 I'm used to build by own stations around the entrances and it is possible to put the exit on the other side of the rail. Is this still possible or do all stations need to be this way?

Ireeb
09-04-2015, 06:20 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't hear sound from the twitch stream video?

Anyways, it definitely needs a lot of work still.
• Peeps are too much the same, they walk like robots, they walk sidewards as if they don't know how to turn and follow a path.
• Booth workers at attractions need something like protection for the rain? Are they movable? Like, can they be placed anywhere at the attraction edge?
• Do coasters always derail when a curved bank is to the outside instead of the inside? This would be an annoying limitation to they possibilities.
• Is there some sort of lock-button when building coasters that prevents the placing track to bend? I would like to create straight track pieces so that would be handy in some cases.
• Are coaster stations always this way? In RCT3 I'm used to build by own stations around the entrances and it is possible to put the exit on the other side of the rail. Is this still possible or do all stations need to be this way?

There are answers to a few of your questions:
-Peeps will be improved
-I guess they only derail when they are too fast in an outside bank (The game doesn't have a list that is like "Trains derail when..." It actually simulates which forces the train would experience)
-Mattlab talked about a grid the coaster builder will get, it always adapts to the current situation (it's not like the grid in previous games that always has the same orientation), it will help you to build straight tracks.

freez99313
09-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Cool video, I really like the music. I noticed some twitching in the UI at the beginning. Will that be patched before the game is released?

Thanks for the update.

Mattlab said in the livestream it is something they are working on

jerseygrrll
09-04-2015, 07:05 AM
Thanks, Mattlab! Everything looks wonderful in the limited beta shown at PAX. What a great turnaround.

EmSay
09-04-2015, 07:24 AM
Just Thank you for the update, This will give me the strengh to wait until the realase date of the game, or maybe the beta =P, I Hope.
Thanks a lot to all of the team.

RCTW1
09-04-2015, 08:01 AM
No video plays when I select the Twitch link. Do I need to do something?

ddrplaya4638
09-04-2015, 08:40 AM
Was really hoping for something new instead of just a recap. The video was well done though :)

Cortex
09-04-2015, 09:05 AM
So many questions...Finaly they are talking about Beta,pro-order and release. Then it must come in 2015. To bad they haven't showed any water.

The Stig
09-04-2015, 10:25 AM
That video is almost as nice as a trailer.

Bakgrund
09-04-2015, 10:37 AM
I can't wait until the next blog! Even less until the game is released. The hype train has left the station.

AUS_Twisted
09-04-2015, 10:57 AM
Terrible FPS issues in the park flyover from 0:18 to 0:24.

Ireeb
09-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Terrible FPS issues in the park flyover from 0:18 to 0:24.

I don't get how people can't understand that this is an unfinished game... Of course there are many problems, the optimization is not finished yet...

Scott97
09-04-2015, 11:00 AM
No video plays when I select the Twitch link. Do I need to do something?

It didn't work for me either. Thankfully it's on YouTube though http://youtu.be/ZUXhblhikcw

AUS_Twisted
09-04-2015, 11:07 AM
I don't get how people can't understand that this is an unfinished game... Of course there are many problems, the optimization is not finished yet...
Mate, I've had some involvement with game developers since the 90's and if I had any part in this video showing the poor FPS it certainly would not have made it into the video for public especially getting close to release. It's clear they had far more peeps in the park then what was in the PAX demo, until they optimize it for more peeps there's no point showing such a jumpy scene to the public.

cordiform
09-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Wow, I wasn't sure what to think about RCTW but after seeing the PAX demos I'm really excited! Looks like the team listened to the fans!

Joe Android
09-04-2015, 12:41 PM
I expected to see the exact release date in this post, I guess we'll have to wait until next blog to see the release date of the game and see when we will have the BETA, huh?

Also I would like, at least, that Mattlab be involved in answering questions more asked of the Live Stream, for example, if we have the construction of buildings piece to piece and how it works.

Anyway the game is on the good way! :cool:

qbmaster
09-04-2015, 12:59 PM
Mate, I've had some involvement with game developers since the 90's and if I had any part in this video showing the poor FPS it certainly would not have made it into the video for public especially getting close to release. It's clear they had far more peeps in the park then what was in the PAX demo, until they optimize it for more peeps there's no point showing such a jumpy scene to the public.

I'd heard that this was shot at 4k resolution. In other words, a whole lot of processing power is being used to render these scenes. Most of us are probably going to be running this game at 1920x1080, and toning down some of the settings. I have a feeling it will run fine for most of us, even in its current state.

Hopefully they give us the ability to change a lot of graphics settings so that we can make it work with any setup.

HammerStark
09-04-2015, 01:16 PM
Oooooo, a beta!

My exact reaction.

GouldingGamer1
09-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Cant Wait!! I love this game!

k1ng r4t
09-04-2015, 03:08 PM
I'd heard that this was shot at 4k resolution. In other words, a whole lot of processing power is being used to render these scenes. Most of us are probably going to be running this game at 1920x1080, and toning down some of the settings. I have a feeling it will run fine for most of us, even in its current state.

Hopefully they give us the ability to change a lot of graphics settings so that we can make it work with any setup.

I could be mistaken, but didn't Matt say the stream wasn't at 4k resolution but the game does support 4k? I could be mixing something up...

garretslarrity
09-04-2015, 03:09 PM
I could be mistaken, but didn't Matt say the stream wasn't at 4k resolution but the game does support 4k? I could be mixing something up...

I'm pretty sure the game was running at 4K in the stream.

SparkyUK
09-04-2015, 03:12 PM
Thanks, Mattlab! Everything looks wonderful in the limited beta shown at PAX. What a great turnaround.

+1 Exactly what I was thinking.

DonSPa
09-04-2015, 03:22 PM
i know the vid may not be what others expected,but I'm actually surprised anything came out at all this week,since they were at pax I'm sure they had to start getting right back to work and probally didn't have a whole lot of time getting a good vid ready for us.I have one question about this vid though,everyone they talked to likes the game ,I'm just wondering if they had any that didn't like the game at all and the reasons why they didn't like it,would have been nice to get an idea from both sides,i know it might not be good business to show bad reports but still would be interesting even with a limited use of the game but still would have some kind of feel for the game ,not just the good but the bad as well so that we know what to expect

CreamyBeef
09-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Well done rctw team!

Varhaatus
09-04-2015, 03:43 PM
3rd blog post now that's a recap on already known information ........

SparkyUK
09-04-2015, 04:07 PM
i know the vid may not be what others expected,but I'm actually surprised anything came out at all this week,since they were at pax I'm sure they had to start getting right back to work and probally didn't have a whole lot of time getting a good vid ready for us.I have one question about this vid though,everyone they talked to likes the game ,I'm just wondering if they had any that didn't like the game at all and the reasons why they didn't like it,would have been nice to get an idea from both sides,i know it might not be good business to show bad reports but still would be interesting even with a limited use of the game but still would have some kind of feel for the game ,not just the good but the bad as well so that we know what to expect

Sadly some people here just aren't ever happy with anything, so, you gotta sort of just tune them out. That's not to say there aren't valid concerns being made, but some have forgotten they're viewing pre-release content and not an optimised/complete game. I think it's great we're seeing anything at all.

As for negative comments, it's not great business sense, as you say. I heard one or two things from people I know that were in attendance at PAX. The in-game sounds (not the music) weren't as good as they hoped (said they sounded too much like the old game) but, they knew it was a demo so it could all change.

Other than that, I don't see the benefits in discussing negative sides to the game - everyone has different expectations for this game, so what may annoy some, may not annoy others. I think you'll need to wait for the beta to decide :)

AUS_Twisted
09-04-2015, 04:50 PM

Yeah I believe they had it running on or near 4k on one machine, seeing that very choppy fly over though reminded me of parts of the original trailer which had several parts with poor FPS.
Either way it should be in the best interest of the publisher to show smooth game play leading up to release, we are in Q4 now and there's not a whole lot of time to finish things off if they still plan on releasing this year.

rct-uwe
09-04-2015, 06:13 PM
I like the many improovements... like curved paths, rotation ability while placing stuff and the cool coaster tool.

But you promissed a game with much more content than ever before. Now, I think you're gonna release an improoved but light version of the the new game. It's ok for me that some new content will be added later, but no water rides at release would be a no go. And I hate to hear an answer like 'users can create custom scenery' instead of 'yes, you're able to build buildings with our content of walls and roofs'. Żes, SOME users are great designers of CS, but don't let them do all of your job. And don't need us to pay for the all the missing content at release!
So keep working and release a full RCT experience of the game...

ddrplaya4638
09-04-2015, 07:52 PM
3rd blog post now that's a recap on already known information ........

I couldn't agree more....

robinhsluis
09-04-2015, 09:41 PM
yeah, time for something new... i thought i've read somewhere they're going to discuss/show water in the near future. I'm very curious to that part. And not just water in a lake or river but water rides!! Show me an awesome river rapids attraction or something. I'd love to see what they've done to the looks for water. I really liked the water stuff in RCT3, especially the bigger and wider version with double wide tracks n stuff.

k1ng r4t
09-04-2015, 11:10 PM
Yeah I believe they had it running on or near 4k on one machine, seeing that very choppy fly over though reminded me of parts of the original trailer which had several parts with poor FPS.
Either way it should be in the best interest of the publisher to show smooth game play leading up to release, we are in Q4 now and there's not a whole lot of time to finish things off if they still plan on releasing this year.

Actually we're still in Q3 so they still have 4 months, which with a huge team is more than enough time imo.

Markov
09-04-2015, 11:17 PM
Ugh, I was hoping there would have AT LEAST been some never-before-seen screenshots in this blog.
But whatever (waits another 2 weeks) :/

Palaber1984
09-04-2015, 11:48 PM
. It's ok for me that some new content will be added later, but no water rides at release would be a no go. And I hate to hear an answer like 'users can create custom scenery' instead of 'yes, you're able to build buildings with our content of walls and roofs'. Żes, SOME users are great designers of CS, but don't let them do all of your job. And don't need us to pay for the all the missing content at release!
So keep working and release a full RCT experience of the game...

True words!

1wolffan
09-05-2015, 03:55 AM
Żes, SOME users are great designers of CS, but don't let them do all of your job. And don't need us to pay for the all the missing content at release!
This is certainly a good point.

It is also important to note that people likely won't be able to play online ALL the time. The current way Steam Workshop works means any user generated content you choose, will not be available if you end up somewhere without wi-fi (like on the road with your old man, in a Semi-truck, cross-country, and don't want to pay out the teeth for wi-fi at truck stops).

There should be enough content included that you don't need to download a single byte of Custom Content to build amazing parks. I don't want to get the game, and need to install mods and content just to make it playable, or at least varied and interesting. ESPECIALLY if I pull out my laptop at a restaurant (they don't all have actual wi-fi) to share the game with friends and end up not even being able to load up some of my already-built parks, because I accidentally included something from the workshop.

Also... Markov... Why are you griping about screenshots? There was actual video footage.

robinhsluis
09-05-2015, 03:58 AM
where does he get that wrong info from that there won't be any waterrides?

rct-uwe
09-05-2015, 04:27 AM

I said that water rides might not be available at release... That's my thought because of Mattlab's answer...

Ireeb
09-05-2015, 05:13 AM

I said that water rides might not be available at release... That's my thought because of Mattlab's answer...

Mattlab gave no clear answer. He hinted that you could splash a rollercoaster into water, but he didn't say anything about rides like rafting or splash boats.

Hanazakari86
09-05-2015, 06:07 AM
So they are releasing the beta version before the actual game??

And will we be able to add custome music for the park and for each ride??

Cannot wait to play this game !!! :)

SparkyUK
09-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Mattlab gave no clear answer. He hinted that you could splash a rollercoaster into water, but he didn't say anything about rides like rafting or splash boats.

Did he?
I heard him say "there will be water in the game" but that to me suggests ponds/lakes etc - not water elements for rides, or water rides themselves.

Onestay
09-05-2015, 11:52 AM
This. Looks. Awesome.

Sir Isaac
09-05-2015, 01:03 PM
I'd love to play a demo first... I still need to be more convinced...

RCTW1
09-05-2015, 01:48 PM
I just want to say how great everything looked in the video. The shadows, reflections, the various materials, such as wood and metsl. Even the trees look great. Thank You Nvizzio. :)

Pelon1071
09-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Looking forward to a beta!

RCTLOVER
09-05-2015, 03:13 PM
Could we get a blog post that doesn't repeat what has already been said?

DonSPa
09-05-2015, 07:47 PM
There is one thing I posted on another thread and not sure if matt saw it or if anyone else noticed,but will post it here again,there was an instance where they were showing the western ferris wheel,when the wheel stopped all of the lap guards opened up even the ones in air that had people in the car,this might be something to look into because in RL that would be something that wouldn't happen,wouldnt want people to fall out lol

VactuGAMER
09-05-2015, 11:49 PM
Could we get a blog post that doesn't repeat what has already been said?

Exactly what I'm thinking!

warcat61
09-06-2015, 12:09 AM
There is one thing I posted on another thread and not sure if matt saw it or if anyone else noticed,but will post it here again,there was an instance where they were showing the western ferris wheel,when the wheel stopped all of the lap guards opened up even the ones in air that had people in the car,this might be something to look into because in RL that would be something that wouldn't happen,wouldnt want people to fall out lol
They didn't stay on that long enough, moved to some other shot, but it looked like the peeps all unloaded at the same time just as in RCT3. Another ride they loaded the same way as RCT3 He only mentioned peeps walking onto coasters from the air gates.

Hanazakari86
09-06-2015, 05:29 AM
This is certainly a good point.

It is also important to note that people likely won't be able to play online ALL the time. The current way Steam Workshop works means any user generated content you choose, will not be available if you end up somewhere without wi-fi (like on the road with your old man, in a Semi-truck, cross-country, and don't want to pay out the teeth for wi-fi at truck stops).

There should be enough content included that you don't need to download a single byte of Custom Content to build amazing parks. I don't want to get the game, and need to install mods and content just to make it playable, or at least varied and interesting. ESPECIALLY if I pull out my laptop at a restaurant (they don't all have actual wi-fi) to share the game with friends and end up not even being able to load up some of my already-built parks, because I accidentally included something from the workshop.

Also... Markov... Why are you griping about screenshots? There was actual video footage.

exactly!! even when it has some sort of server problems!! that time we want to play offline
as for origin too and when general electricity cut off in the neighborhood for example there would be no wifi and I have to play on laptop by battery.

Ireeb
09-06-2015, 06:30 AM
Did he?
I heard him say "there will be water in the game" but that to me suggests ponds/lakes etc - not water elements for rides, or water rides themselves.

I think he said something like "there will be water in the game and you can manipulate coasters as you want but that's all I am going to say" but I am not 100% sure, I'd have to watch the stream again.

Ireeb
09-06-2015, 06:31 AM
Did he?

I think he said something like "there will be water in the game and you can manipulate coasters as you want but that's all I am going to say" but I am not 100% sure, I'd have to watch the stream again.

Ireeb
09-06-2015, 06:33 AM

The whole animations for peeps getting on rides are not done yet, the peeps are not finished in general.

SparkyUK
09-06-2015, 04:43 PM
It is also important to note that people likely won't be able to play online ALL the time. The current way Steam Workshop works means any user generated content you choose, will not be available if you end up somewhere without wi-fi

Are you sure? I've a few Steam games with Workshop content installed - and often play without wifi/lan connection and all the content is just fine - it's downloaded when you subscribe to the item.

Big_Boy
09-07-2015, 06:57 AM
Steam work shop is avaible when your offline !

i guess mattlab left us behind :)

1wolffan
09-07-2015, 06:59 AM
Are you sure? I've a few Steam games with Workshop content installed - and often play without wifi/lan connection and all the content is just fine - it's downloaded when you subscribe to the item.

Well, not completely sure. But I can't use my Dungeons of Dredmor mods when I'm offline, or my Cities: Skylines mods either. I never really tried other mods after those two. I guess I'll have to wait and see then.

timmar2000
09-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Will we get an open beta? If yes when?

Big_Boy
09-07-2015, 12:30 PM

good question i did the same serveral times but mattlab is ignores it, so i guess not ready yet to give a date ...

Ireeb
09-07-2015, 12:36 PM

good question i did the same serveral times but mattlab is ignores it, so i guess not ready yet to give a date ...

Just read the post...

We will soon announce the timing of pre-orders, beta, and the release date.

MrBob101
09-07-2015, 12:45 PM
I feel like saying this to the haters who think this game is bad. Atari and Nvizzio have done a great job!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOrI6uqS-vk

Big_Boy
09-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Just read the post...

I did read it ... i only want that soon filled in ... so we have some dates :D to watch forward too :D

RCTW1
09-07-2015, 04:01 PM
I feel like saying this to the haters who think this game is bad. Atari and Nvizzio have done a great job!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOrI6uqS-vk

I agee. :)

Link doesn't work.

Lapuente
09-08-2015, 04:22 PM
can you please make a video detailing custom scenery?

MrBob101
09-08-2015, 07:44 PM
I agee. :)

Link doesn't work.
Really? I just tried it and it worked. It is a Will Ferrell scene fro Zoolander. :)

Hanazakari86
09-08-2015, 11:17 PM
As the game not finished yet I hope they fix the rollercoaster Banking and destruction problem shown in pax prime video.

I havent heard anything about financial stuff like ticketing,shops and restaurants!! , do you have any idea??

Ireeb
09-09-2015, 05:16 AM
As the game not finished yet I hope they fix the rollercoaster Banking and destruction problem shown in pax prime video.

I havent heard anything about financial stuff like ticketing,shops and restaurants!! , do you have any idea??

The destruction and stuff in the videos from pax were because people had no idea his to build proper rollercoasters.

ddrplaya4638
09-09-2015, 08:33 AM
They were all building poorly designed coasters. Of course they aren't going to work well.

Palaber1984
09-09-2015, 10:29 AM
They were all building poorly designed coasters. Of course they aren't going to work well.

I the videos I saw it seems that the coaster just drop of to easily. What if I want to turn right and it banked not inside the curve but outside?for me it's more adrenalin but like in the videos it would drop off easily

Ireeb
09-09-2015, 10:42 AM
I the videos I saw it seems that the coaster just drop of to easily. What if I want to turn right and it banked not inside the curve but outside?for me it's more adrenalin but like in the videos it would drop off easily

And outside banking is interesting, but also dangerous as it can develop huge forces. I think the outside bankings will work asong as you make sure the rollercoaster has not too much speed there. It is like a extreme version of a wild mouse, and this type of coasters isn't fast as well.

Rodrigo Netto
09-09-2015, 10:54 AM
I'm really hoping we will also be able to build roller coasters piece by piece. Most of the coasters that I have seen so far do not look realistic. I guess building coasters piece by piece lead to more realistic designs.

They do need to work on the peeps, but we all know this is happening. No worries.

I do not mind having a limited number of gentle/thrill rides at first, but somewhere between 45-55 rides would be a fair amount of options, while 30-40 rides seems too little.

What about water rides? I am really afraid that we won't be able to build basic water rides like river rapids/log flumes until an expansion pack is released. I agree that they should work on a waterpark expansion pack with water slides and pools, but river rapids/log flumes aren't waterpark rides. (They should also think of a Halloween/Dark Rides expansion pack... people have been asking for dark rides for months...)

At last: please work on the lifthills. They really need some improvements!

k1ng r4t
09-09-2015, 12:55 PM
I thought the coasters looked pretty great. Not perfect, but great. I don't think they'll get much more realistic than TPS, and to me they seem pretty comparable.

But most importantly, you also have to remember, they were mainly showing how streamlined the new engine is, not trying to build the worlds best coaster. So even if you think they could be better, they were still pretty nice, and they made those in a matter of minutes.

Now think about how much time you spent perfecting a coaster in RCT3. Or what you'd be able to create in the same amount of time as the PAX stream. Hardly even a low intensity junior coaster. In RCTW you can probably create equally as realistic coasters if not moreso in half the time you'd spend in RCT3.

You may be the first to say the RCT3 coasters look more realistic than the RCTW coasters though...

RCTW1
09-10-2015, 02:52 AM
I doubt they were trying to make a perfect roller coaster, but just showing out the basics of the new system.
But then again, the person building it may just be having fun, or not very good at building a perfect coaster.
Not everyone is gifted or perfect in this area, but we sure do know how to have fun just by relaxing. :D

RctwUltraFan
09-10-2015, 09:11 AM
I know it was awesome because this community is

Helena
09-10-2015, 09:55 AM
I can't wait to see properly built coasters. Maybe making copies of existing good coasters in real life, to show it can be done. :)

Palaber1984
09-10-2015, 10:33 AM
It has been a week since last production blog. Maybe today/ tomorrow? It feels empty here without any sentence from Mattlab

MrBob101
09-10-2015, 05:26 PM
I'm really hoping we will also be able to build roller coasters piece by piece. Most of the coasters that I have seen so far do not look realistic. I guess building coasters piece by piece lead to more realistic designs.

They do need to work on the peeps, but we all know this is happening. No worries.

I do not mind having a limited number of gentle/thrill rides at first, but somewhere between 45-55 rides would be a fair amount of options, while 30-40 rides seems too little.

What about water rides? I am really afraid that we won't be able to build basic water rides like river rapids/log flumes until an expansion pack is released. I agree that they should work on a waterpark expansion pack with water slides and pools, but river rapids/log flumes aren't waterpark rides. (They should also think of a Halloween/Dark Rides expansion pack... people have been asking for dark rides for months...)

At last: please work on the lifthills. They really need some improvements!

This lift hill looks decent. (In the background)

Knobs
09-11-2015, 05:51 PM
So ...

I know you guys at atari watch this. Read this please.
First of all, i would like to say that you've had an amazing journey.
One that could be a guidance example for gaming development in 2015.

First there were these lawsuits with Sawyer on the RCT franchise, wich led to years of struggeling the outcome of RCT.

Then there was this , honestly crappy money-grabbing smarthphone application.
Seriously, despite the good artwork and technicians, epic fail.

Then there were rumours about a new rollercoaster tycoon.
Pipeworks - atari co - operation was anounced.

GREAT, holy hell, was i excited !!!!!!!
A new rct for PC .... JIIIHAAAAAAA !!!!
The one i was looking for since i was a teenager.
I am now a 'normal' 26 year old who has a decent job/income and a normal household.

But don't get me wrong.
I'll call in sick for work when i dont get my vacation when RCTW comes out. Seriously, this one is big for me.
Heck, i almost download every game in some kind of free way , unless i really catch the developpers honest hard, passionate and dedicated work. ...
If there is one franchise i still support from the depths of my hearth, it will always be RollerCoaster Tycoon.

After the promo fail i was really bummed out.
Seriously, how could the community be so ignored ....
If felt like, again, a quick money-grabbing software development application.

Words from Mattlab under great pressure from Atari made no sense in any way.
We felt that.
Not ok. We were being fooled. We are not stupid.

But then .....

A MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR thing happened.
Due heavy, heavy critics from all kinds of platforms, atari knew something wasn't right.
After E.T. ( yeah sorry for that reference ), they could not get away with another major money scam quick creation of a game. No. Just NO. Things needed to change drastically

We were being heard.
The fanbase had a voice and Atari knew they should listen to that and develop a game based on the fanbase needs. ( In the end it will make more money anyway ... )
Switching to Nvizzio Creations turned it around.
Such passionate people, such skill and dedication and ....
Really listening and creating the needs and wishes from the loyal fanbase.

Now, thats's what i'm trying to get in context with my late night post.

Please , listen to the fanbase.
If people really make the effort to sign up on a forum and making the time to discuss the development of a game, i should be considered as a massive, massive thing to take in account.

I should do the dishes, clean up the living room, take out the trash, blablablabla .....
But NO, i want to reflect my toughts on a game that's in development while sitting in my underwear.
Must mean something right ?

Thank you for turning this game around. Really.
Shut up and take my money.

RCTLOVER
09-12-2015, 05:56 PM
So ...

I know you guys at atari watch this. Read this please.
First of all, i would like to say that you've had an amazing journey.
One that could be a guidance example for gaming development in 2015.

First there were these lawsuits with Sawyer on the RCT franchise, wich led to years of struggeling the outcome of RCT.

Then there was this , honestly crappy money-grabbing smarthphone application.
Seriously, despite the good artwork and technicians, epic fail.

Then there were rumours about a new rollercoaster tycoon.
Pipeworks - atari co - operation was anounced.

GREAT, holy hell, was i excited !!!!!!!
A new rct for PC .... JIIIHAAAAAAA !!!!
The one i was looking for since i was a teenager.
I am now a 'normal' 26 year old who has a decent job/income and a normal household.

But don't get me wrong.
I'll call in sick for work when i dont get my vacation when RCTW comes out. Seriously, this one is big for me.
Heck, i almost download every game in some kind of free way , unless i really catch the developpers honest hard, passionate and dedicated work. ...
If there is one franchise i still support from the depths of my hearth, it will always be RollerCoaster Tycoon.

After the promo fail i was really bummed out.
Seriously, how could the community be so ignored ....
If felt like, again, a quick money-grabbing software development application.

Words from Mattlab under great pressure from Atari made no sense in any way.
We felt that.
Not ok. We were being fooled. We are not stupid.

But then .....

A MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR thing happened.
Due heavy, heavy critics from all kinds of platforms, atari knew something wasn't right.
After E.T. ( yeah sorry for that reference ), they could not get away with another major money scam quick creation of a game. No. Just NO. Things needed to change drastically

We were being heard.
The fanbase had a voice and Atari knew they should listen to that and develop a game based on the fanbase needs. ( In the end it will make more money anyway ... )
Switching to Nvizzio Creations turned it around.
Such passionate people, such skill and dedication and ....
Really listening and creating the needs and wishes from the loyal fanbase.

Now, thats's what i'm trying to get in context with my late night post.

Please , listen to the fanbase.
If people really make the effort to sign up on a forum and making the time to discuss the development of a game, i should be considered as a massive, massive thing to take in account.

I should do the dishes, clean up the living room, take out the trash, blablablabla .....
But NO, i want to reflect my toughts on a game that's in development while sitting in my underwear.
Must mean something right ?

Thank you for turning this game around. Really.
Shut up and take my money.

Did you just admit to illegally downloading video games?

ddrplaya4638
09-12-2015, 07:22 PM
I think a lot of us were going to before Nvizzio took over

Knobs
09-13-2015, 07:11 AM
No i said in a free way.
Wich mostly means i annoy my friends for old games :)

Aaronroberts
09-13-2015, 01:18 PM
I'ma just mention what I've got a few problems with, some may have been said already but I really can't be bothered to read through the 10 previous pages or the other blog threads, also keep in mind that I know that this isn't the final version of the game so it'll be fixed in the final product.

First off, the Troika / Twister, the cars didn't swing out, found that a little odd.
The lift hills are odd (someone mentioned above) they should be straight, not bent.
The peeps animation when turning (would have been cool to see one zoomed in)
The Bungee Ball was a little fast with the animation and so what the Ferris Wheel
The last thing also, the paths, they're raised, if flat paths are gonna be a thing, would have been cool to show that off, aswell as wider paths.

I'm hoping the way peeps react this time will be better too, it was a shame in previous games when they wouldn't walk a certain distance :( also it'd be cool to have a radius for toilets, so peeps know that a toilet is nearby and can go throw up there, then if they're not within the radius of it, they can throw up on the floor.

Ireeb
09-13-2015, 01:26 PM
I'ma just mention what I've got a few problems with, some may have been said already but I really can't be bothered to read through the 10 previous pages or the other blog threads, also keep in mind that I know that this isn't the final version of the game so it'll be fixed in the final product.

First off, the Troika / Twister, the cars didn't swing out, found that a little odd.
The lift hills are odd (someone mentioned above) they should be straight, not bent.
The peeps animation when turning (would have been cool to see one zoomed in)
The Bungee Ball was a little fast with the animation and so what the Ferris Wheel
The last thing also, the paths, they're raised, if flat paths are gonna be a thing, would have been cool to show that off, aswell as wider paths.

I'm hoping the way peeps react this time will be better too, it was a shame in previous games when they wouldn't walk a certain distance :( also it'd be cool to have a radius for toilets, so peeps know that a toilet is nearby and can go throw up there, then if they're not within the radius of it, they can throw up on the floor.

The demo represented a pretty early state of the game. The peeps were just placeholders and most of their animations were not done yet. I think the same applies to the flat rides, the animations were only placeholders I guess.
If you don't want bent lifthills there is a simple solution: Only build straight ones. The coaster builder will get an auxiliary grid that will help you to do so. I personally like the bent lifthills as they allow very compact designs.
I am not sure what you meant with the flat paths, but Mattlab confirmed there will be wider paths and you can also build big places, like plazas.
The idea with the peeps running to toilets instead of puking is a great idea though.

ColdSpirit
09-13-2015, 08:15 PM
Did you just admit to illegally downloading video games?

No. He plays on his brother computer the games his brother bought..
Gosh.. people just jump in to precipitated conclusions!

SparkyUK
09-13-2015, 08:20 PM
No. He plays on his brother computer the games his brother bought..
Gosh.. people just jump in to precipitated conclusions!

To be fair, that's not what he actually said.

... i almost download every game in some kind of free way "

I overlooked it as perhaps it was just the way it was written, but I did assume the same as RCTLover.

ddrplaya4638
09-13-2015, 09:27 PM
We are so off topic.... Mattlab you see what happens when we are deprived information haha

MikeDance
09-20-2015, 02:50 PM
Been waiting for years for this game and I can't wait to grab it :D roll on Beta and pre-orders. Played RCT 1, 2 at my cousins, owned RCT 3 (all DLCs), mobile version was buggy and this is going to be worth the wait.