PDA

View Full Version : Please make scenario's difficult.

PixelPlayer
12-20-2014, 07:01 PM
I found the scenarios of RCT 1 and 2 - really challenging. And the fact you could not speed up time was infact better. A 4 year scenario on 1 & 2 was a long game, but I never got bored.

I found on RCT 3 I would build then speed up time and sit there not doing much until I hit my objective. I kinda felt it was too easy and I could rush through the objectives pretty quickly. It also made me less interested in watching my park simulate.

I like difficult games, plus those who want it easy can just play sandbox :)

Future RCT
12-20-2014, 07:06 PM
Making scenarios long doesn't make them difficult. I don't see the problem with the fast forward option.

blueangel8xxx
12-20-2014, 07:24 PM
I agree but you have to keep in mind, not everyone is at the same skill level as you with the game. Some may have a higher skill level regarding it and some may have a lower skill level. I suppose it would be handy if they had an option though when you chose to play the campaigns which allowed you to choose a difficulty. (etc.Easy,Normal,Hard,Expert)

PixelPlayer
12-21-2014, 11:44 PM
Making scenarios long doesn't make them difficult. I don't see the problem with the fast forward option.

I didn't make the connection that long = hard. I was saying they took ages to reach the objectives, and they were hard simply because of the parks given to us and the financial challenges. The length does help make it more difficult though in that - more time for you to make a mistake :P

jda2984
12-22-2014, 06:56 PM
I agree RCT 1 & 2 where much more challenging and resulted in many restarts to find the right formula for a given park. RCT3 I found I completed all the 3 tiers of objectives simultaneously and very early on in the scenario. Which is a shame because some of the parks looked like they had great potential for expansion. I'd never actually play these parks once I had completed the objectives and would just start the next one.

In another thread we briefly mentioned the idea of having real-time building of rides. Perhaps only in harder difficulties and as an option in sandbox. If real-time is turned on then perhaps there could be a reward system in place i.e. rides could have slightly higher stability or have a higher threshold for the famous "I'm not paying that much to go on that".

Perhaps you could go one step further and have 3 or 4 contractors quote the same build, offering different prices with different perks/benefits. Go the cheap option and it could cost you in the long run, go the expensive option and reap the benefits.

I guess my point is to make the game more challenging there needs to be more options for micro management with some element of risk, much like running and owning a real business.

RCTW1
12-23-2014, 01:49 AM
I understand your concerns, but hopefully if they do grant your wish, that it's done in campaigns and scenarios, and not in sandbox. Or at least give the option to turn them off. While I don't play RCT for the tycoon aspect, I don't want to take it away from you, but I also don't want it forced on those that don't want it.

jda2984
12-23-2014, 01:52 AM
Yeah these features should be toggle settings for sandbox so if you just want to create a park without the management hassles you can

Future RCT
12-23-2014, 05:14 AM
I agree RCT 1 & 2 where much more challenging and resulted in many restarts to find the right formula for a given park. RCT3 I found I completed all the 3 tiers of objectives simultaneously and very early on in the scenario. Which is a shame because some of the parks looked like they had great potential for expansion. I'd never actually play these parks once I had completed the objectives and would just start the next one.

In another thread we briefly mentioned the idea of having real-time building of rides. Perhaps only in harder difficulties and as an option in sandbox. If real-time is turned on then perhaps there could be a reward system in place i.e. rides could have slightly higher stability or have a higher threshold for the famous "I'm not paying that much to go on that".

Perhaps you could go one step further and have 3 or 4 contractors quote the same build, offering different prices with different perks/benefits. Go the cheap option and it could cost you in the long run, go the expensive option and reap the benefits.

I guess my point is to make the game more challenging there needs to be more options for micro management with some element of risk, much like running and owning a real business.

Maybe they get harder in the expansions, but I'm almost done with RCT1's original scenarios and I don't find them any harder than RCT 3, just a lot longer.