PDA

View Full Version : Much too cartoonish / cartoony

RuudPen
12-20-2014, 12:21 PM
We have seen the graphics so far and I speak for 90% of the fans... We don't like it! It is much too cartoonish. We realy want REALISM!!!!!

REALISM IS WHAT WE ALL WANT!

dwwilkin
12-20-2014, 12:59 PM
Ruud-You do not know that you speak for 10% of the fans let alone 90%. It is clear that there is a realism community, but there are also an Abstract community. There are communities within the fanbase of very young children who do not care at all about authenticity, and will love the ability to poke a balloon and make it pop.

I posted elsewhere in response to your REALISM shout, but I want the series' humor and carton characteristics to continue. Should the ability be maintained in the Franchise for all to build their own scenery, then you can create as realistic a park as you want and keep out any Cartoon elements you desire.

rct-uwe
12-20-2014, 01:15 PM
I think that the teaser video (lifthill) looks amazing,
but I still like the RCT3 graphics...

I don't know if it is possible to have those high res realism graphics AND a huge park with lots of scenery without lags.

warly
12-20-2014, 02:34 PM
I think that the teaser video (lifthill) looks amazing,
but I still like the RCT3 graphics...

I don't know if it is possible to have those high res realism graphics AND a huge park with lots of scenery without lags.

The lifthill part is just video from a real coaster, after the top of the hill and the lense effect comes the game itself ;)

Paul_Boland
12-20-2014, 04:33 PM
We have seen the graphics so far and I speak for 90% of the fans... We don't like it! It is much too cartoonish. We realy want REALISM!!!!!

I see a lot of this on the RCT Facebook page and to this day I don't understand it. Have you seen RCT4 Mobile? Those graphics are cartoony. The graphics we have seen of RCTW looks a step above the ones in RCT3 and they look great. They don't look cartoon at all. What exactly do you see as cartoon? What exactly do you want for realistic? Is it photographic realistic environments you're after? The graphics look great and all these calls saying they look cartoony don't make any sense to me. Instead of shouting out that the graphics are cartoony without any context given, how about you explain what exactly it is you don't like and what it is you want?

And I seriously doubt 90% of the fans hold this belief.

RCTW1
12-20-2014, 05:47 PM
Amen to Paul Boland and Dwwilkin. :) While I do like realism, it's not to extremes. And I do enjoy the wittiness of popping balloons and other crazy stuff. (cough cough ...killing peeps)

Biogal
12-20-2014, 06:36 PM

No need to speak for anyone but yourself. I like what I see and am looking forward to the game's release.

PixelPlayer
12-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Custom user made content solved a lot of the issue regarding how parks looked.

blueangel8xxx
12-20-2014, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't say its too cartoonish. I mean, even with RCT3, I didn't think the graphics were completely terrible. RCTW's graphics actually look pretty good so, I don't think you truly are speaking for 90% of the fans.
You can have your own opinion but not everyone is going to agree with yours.

Liam.
12-20-2014, 07:42 PM
I agree, its cartoony, childish and slightly on the unrealistic side. Then again, this game isn't for me. I don't like to use Roller Coaster Tycoon for the various ideas Atari per-perscribed it for, therefore I won't do the same with RCTW either. The game's demographic generally falls on those who enjoy "cartoon mischief", not general and realistic themepark creation. If you're looking for something to uphold the realistic side of that argument, I'm afraid a game will be extremely hard to come by, because the cost for payout just doesn't warrant the creation.

justinm_
12-20-2014, 08:21 PM
I agree that it is way too cartoony, i wish that we could go back to the graphics of rct2 and games like the original tropicos. I think that these cartoony '3D' effect graphics make the whole thing so slow and unrealistic that it ruins the feel of the game. It would actually be nice to have two modes so that you could either go all cartoony for the people that like it unrealistic or back to rct2 graphics for the people that prefer to play realistic games that run smoothly and don't eat up every bit of memory your computer has.

bctrainers
12-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Ongoing thread over at http://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?147-Poll-Realism-or-Not - closing this one. Thanks for understanding.