PDA

View Full Version : Do you want a splitted park?

rct-uwe
12-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Hi there,
to me, it seems like the game will be splittet into sections which are playable and designable only after loading each section on it's own. They might only be connected by a monorail station.

Have a look at the screenshots!

It's confirmed that there will be 4 themes(Americana, Western, SciFi, Pirate/Adventure), those 4 themes probably could be exclusive to use in the seperated sections only.

As Atari/Area52 is not able/willing to share those detaily so far, I want the community to share their thoughts as soon as possible (just for worst case scenario)...

What do you think about that?

dwwilkin
12-20-2014, 12:51 PM
I'll know more about what I don't want when I see what we are going to get. I have not heard enough from Atari/ Area 52 to understand the concept and how it will be played. So I think this is too premature to discuss

blueangel8xxx
12-21-2014, 06:44 PM
I agree with dwwilkin but if I had to decide now, I wouldn't really care. It'd be cool but it wouldn't drastically change my point of view on the game.

luisov
12-22-2014, 03:04 AM
Not a big fan of the idea. If I'm not able to integrate all 4 themes into one sole theme park, then the game would lose a lot of value for me. But then again, I don't think this is what they plan to do. Or at least I hope it's not.

rct-uwe
12-23-2014, 10:37 AM
As I read "RollerCooasterTycoon World" the first time, I didn't care about the "world". Maybe is stands for a bigger RCT than before or for that online-multiplayer-share-community-something.

But the more I'm thinking about a splitted map and those monorail connection, the more I'll come to the Disney World answer...
- separated parks
- connected by monorails
- mascots presented as pendants to Disney`s Mickey Mouse and co

Have a look at the screenshots (e.g. the wild west theme):
The monorail is placed outside of the park (behind the fence and is not themed at all) and this wild west themed map has it's own entrance.
worst case: If they are going to connect only one theme to each park/map, it won't even be a Disney World.

Disney "World" parks are separated into "Disneyland park" (including Frontierland, Adventureland...), Disney Studios, Animal Kingdom, Waterpark and so on. These are complete different parks.
For example, I would never connect all german theme parks, by monorail and call it "The German Fun Park World" (I know that's way exaggeradet).

Atari/A52 should reconsider that idea (even this is not oficially announced yet)!

Those Disney park creating was fully realisable in RCT3, there's no need to split the map...

I hope everybody is understanding the importance of this aspect to the handling of the game.

luisov
12-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Well, at the end of the day it sounds to me like an optional choice. You either decide to design one individual theme park or you decide to build an entire complex of theme parks ala Disney World. So as long as you have no limitations or have to restrict yourself to use one specific theme for an entire park, I don't think this is a bad idea.