PDA

View Full Version : RCTW Blog #16 - PAX Plans and Contest!

Mattlab
08-21-2015, 11:23 AM
To view this blog please click here (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-16-pax-plans-and-contest/)

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/PAX-Prime-Logo.png

Today we are pleased to announce our official PAX Prime 2015 plans, from August 28th – 31st in Seattle!

As some of you may have seen in our recent press release (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-press-release-atari-rides-into-pax-prime-2015-unveils-rollercoaster-tycoon-world/), a special demo of RCTW will be available to play for all fans so if you are going to the convention be sure to stop by, play, and meet the team! We are working in partnership with Nvidia, and the build will be available on computers at Booth #252! PAX is the single biggest organized celebration of fan-centered gaming culture so this is the perfect venue for us to premiere a demo of the game to you all.

In addition, we will be privately presenting the game demo to press at the Grand Hyatt across the street. It’s a more intimate setting, and lets us show even more aspects of the game. We have done this in the past at a number of conventions, but what we are doing differently this time is allowing three lucky fans to come to this exclusive event as well. If you are planning to go to PAX, love RCT, and want a VIP behind–the-scenes look at the game with members of the dev team and the ability to play the game without waiting in line, ENTER OUR PAX RCTW VIP CONTEST BELOW NOW! (Note – you do not need a PAX pass to enter, since you will be invited to our press room in the Grand Hyatt. However, you must already be in Seattle, over the age of 18, and able to come meet us at the Grand Hyatt at some point from the 28th to the 31st.)

If you can’t make it to PAX, don’t worry! We have other cool stuff planned too… We are excited to have you, the fans, get your hands on the game for the first time and can’t wait to see you at the show!

ENTER THE VIP PAX DEMO CONTEST BY GOING TO OUR OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT PAGE (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-16-pax-plans-and-contest/)

Joe Android
08-21-2015, 11:32 AM
I am very eager to see the game! I hope to see good screenshots and videos that show the potential of RCTW.

Go ahead and good luck! :cool:

coaster
08-21-2015, 11:33 AM
This is very exciting. I wish I was going out to PAX. I hope we still get plenty of information. Also, I could not tell by reading the blog, do you have to go to PAX to enter the contest?

jchristiansmith
08-21-2015, 11:35 AM
Great idea! I love how the fans are the focus this time around. Very professional.

geletjosh
08-21-2015, 11:35 AM
Hello Mattlab, will videos of the be able to be released? Thank you for your time and involvement with the community!

ddrplaya4638
08-21-2015, 11:36 AM
I wonder if that same demo will be playable to us in the near future...

geletjosh
08-21-2015, 11:37 AM
I wonder if that same demo will be playable to us in the near future...

I really hope so!

Mattlab
08-21-2015, 11:39 AM
This is very exciting. I wish I was going out to PAX. I hope we still get plenty of information. Also, I could not tell by reading the blog, do you have to go to PAX to enter the contest?

You do not have to be going to PAX to enter BUT you must already be in Seattle and able to make it to the Grand Hyatt on one of those three days to come visit the team.

Indominus
08-21-2015, 11:40 AM
So sad that I don't live in the US, I have been following this game since it was announced and still play the previous ones everyday. Hopefully we get to see some recordings!

imiha
08-21-2015, 11:40 AM
I'm not sure I understand corectly. So will we (the ones on the other side of the world and those who won't be able to come to PAX) be able to see the gameplay from players from the booth? Will you release your gameplay/presentation to the public after PAX or will we only be able to read what they write/say?

Kombiice
08-21-2015, 11:41 AM
:( cant we play the demo at home ?? ^^

Joe Android
08-21-2015, 11:45 AM
:( cant we play the demo at home ?? ^^

If they give this option, I will call them Gods! :cool:

koekeritis
08-21-2015, 11:58 AM
Please let us, the peeps who aren't going to PAX, be able to download the PAX demo. please, please, please!

RCTW1
08-21-2015, 12:07 PM
I'm so happy that RCTW is partnering with Nvidia this time.

dwwilkin
08-21-2015, 12:12 PM
I dont suppose that if you were a fan, a poster here in the forum, and then ponied up the money to go to Seattle, Atari and Mattlab might consider the dedication of we fans and grant us the spot at the demo, rather than paying all the cash, traveling, and finding that because of chance, your name was not drawn from the hat...

ncutt010
08-21-2015, 12:54 PM
Living in Seattle applies to about .00001% of the population...but this is a cool opportunity for those that do

CoasterNazi666
08-21-2015, 02:16 PM
My favourite blog post yet! Awesome to hear!..

Wayne
08-21-2015, 02:25 PM
Wish I lived out west.... Really excited about this can't wait to see what you all have in store!!!!!!

Yakkington
08-21-2015, 02:33 PM
Some WILD speculation ahead.

This was said in Blog Post 3 :"Note that before locking down this feature, we will share it with the community so you can provide feedback and make it even better!"

Might this what they have in store for PAX Prime? I would like to think so, since they are already using part of the coaster building system for the paths. However, this blog was posted in February and besides the fact that the tool might not actually be ready, plans might have changed.

Martyboy
08-21-2015, 02:45 PM
maybe its true. maybe there is a possibility of a September release.

Indominus
08-21-2015, 02:46 PM
^That would be a nice surprise

greenstranger
08-21-2015, 03:24 PM
Sadly I don't travel. Good luck for the contest.

Indominus
08-21-2015, 03:36 PM
If you can’t make it to PAX, don’t worry! We have other cool stuff planned too…

Sounds exciting :)

Big_Boy
08-21-2015, 03:38 PM
Well that is very nice update @ the blog :D,

can't wait anymore :D

Palaber1984
08-21-2015, 03:45 PM
They should announce the release at pax For September. I know everyone wants a bug free game. But today it's easy to fix bugs after release. Thanks to Internet. And they can only fix bug if we got to play it.

Indominus
08-21-2015, 03:47 PM
I hope the rumor that they will announce the release date at PAX is true!

RandyChimp
08-21-2015, 05:29 PM
Can we please just see some footage of this game that's supposedly meant to be out by the end of the year? It's August! We had GTA 5 trailers 3 years before release, we get Assassins Creed gameplay half a year before release. I'm not asking for an open beta or an hour of gameplay, but a trailer with some new footage would absolutely help put to bed the worries that some of us still have about this game. One or two pictures every month isn't making me think "Oh, everything is okay then", it's making me think you're trying to hide something about the game.

Oblitious16
08-21-2015, 05:32 PM
Not sure it will be much of a contest, depending on how many people live in Seattle who browse these forums.

Joe Android
08-21-2015, 06:55 PM
Like the BETA? :cool:

Indominus
08-21-2015, 07:05 PM
I would love to participate in a beta!

Joe Android
08-21-2015, 07:20 PM
I guess the BETA will be for everyone, right? Or there will be a raffle?

DonSPa
08-21-2015, 07:34 PM
I'm just wondering if they have a playable game just how much is actually ready for a release,im guessing they are a lot further than what we realize,if so I would love for the game be released by or on September 21st which would be a greeeeat birthday present to me (hint hint)lolol

Joe Android
08-21-2015, 07:38 PM
I'm just wondering if they have a playable game just how much is actually ready for a release,im guessing they are a lot further than what we realize,if so I would love for the game be released by or on September 21st which would be a greeeeat birthday present to me (hint hint)lolol

According to the press, the game looks great now, they only need to work on peeps, so maybe the release date will be between late September and early October.

Thompso
08-21-2015, 07:59 PM
I won't be able to go to Seattle in pax prime but who ever is going could you please take screen shots of the event and post them if possible? or list the names of rides in the game with accurate description.

I'm excited we are getting close to this game getting released<33

Thompso
08-21-2015, 08:02 PM

Mattlab can you please explain the cool stuff planned for fans who can't attend the event?;)

Nemmie
08-21-2015, 08:30 PM
As someone from Englandshire with a very demanding work schedule, I'm taking a wild guess that I won't be able to attend. ( I'd love to visit the stomping ground of Dr Frasier Crane ), However, this is ace. It's telling me that the game is at a stage that Atari are confident enough to allow any random human being, and a RCT fan at that, to be let loose with it. Ignore the earlier assumption that the gameplay trailer was fit for public consumption. I'm hoping that some member of our community will be an ambassador for us and the game here and be able to give us a objective view of what's to come. I also hope that Atari will do the same.

CreamyBeef
08-21-2015, 08:30 PM
Really good, looking forward to finally seeing some good gameplay footage. But I have one question... the other game, pridefest isn't real right?.... that isn't really happening right...

CreamyBeef
08-21-2015, 08:31 PM
According to the press, the game looks great now, they only need to work on peeps, so maybe the release date will be between late September and early October.

VERY wishful thinking. It's most likely going into mid-2016.

CreamyBeef
08-21-2015, 08:32 PM
I dont suppose that if you were a fan, a poster here in the forum, and then ponied up the money to go to Seattle, Atari and Mattlab might consider the dedication of we fans and grant us the spot at the demo, rather than paying all the cash, traveling, and finding that because of chance, your name was not drawn from the hat...

You're applying the logic that Atari actually cares about its fans...

Acid Regulation
08-21-2015, 08:34 PM
well f*#k me for living in Europe...

freez99313
08-22-2015, 01:15 AM
To view this blog please click here (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-blog-16-pax-plans-and-contest/)

Probably sounds dumb, but a lot of people can't make it to PAX Prime in the US and other countries. It would be nice to have some sort of an Online Demo system that you can sign up to get like 10-15 minutes to play, and then when the time is up. The demo ends. I am hoping you guys also are against a Photography and Video Policy cause I am sure a lot of people are ready to see some gameplay :D

Martyboy
08-22-2015, 04:19 AM
VERY wishful thinking. It's most likely going into mid-2016.

No way would it be mid next year, I think me and a lot of other people would be getting off this band wagon if that's what they say. We are tired of waiting now and getting very tired of the lack of footage and screenshots.

Big_Boy
08-22-2015, 04:43 AM
I do live in Belgium (europe) so me going to pax is like not going to happen. I guess a lot of people on the forum could have the same problem that it is to far away.

What offcourse is possible, opening en stream on 1 off the demo computers there so we can all see live what people are testing there.

And the possiblity to see it later too cause of time difference offcourse.

Palaber1984
08-22-2015, 06:28 AM
Atari says q4 release. This means everything till December. But end of September sound good for release

Joe Android
08-22-2015, 07:16 AM
Atari says q4 release. This means everything till December. But end of September sound good for release

Not exactly in December, Q4 is also October and November. The game is almost over, they only need work on peeps, so why wait so long? If the game come out in December, I hope to have a beta in September to start enjoying the game.

Acid Regulation
08-22-2015, 07:38 AM
I don't care if it's Q2 2016, as long as the game is finished, bug free and properly tested (perhaps through a bèta test)

I just want to enjoy the best possible version of RCTW from day 1.

Joe Android
08-22-2015, 07:40 AM
I don't care if it's Q2 2016, as long as the game is finished, bug free and properly tested (perhaps through a bèta test)

I just want to enjoy the best possible version of RCTW from day 1.

Yes yes, but I want the BETA in September, you know, to see how the game looks. :)

Varhaatus
08-22-2015, 10:12 AM
This is a very boring Blog, you release a press release then you do a blog about the press release ........... Why everytime i see a blog do i feel like its repeating what we already know ? So little new information that im not even looking forward to blogs.

You dont need to release information then do a blog on the information cause the information is already with the information.

Joe Android
08-22-2015, 10:21 AM
This is a very boring Blog, you release a press release then you do a blog about the press release ........... Why everytime i see a blog do i feel like its repeating what we already know ? So little new information that im not even looking forward to blogs.

You dont need to release information then do a blog on the information cause the information is already with the information.

I didn't know that Atari will show the game at PAX. This blog gives a hopeful information. All of us thought they were going to show the game, but we needed a official blog about that.

In addition, Atari said that they would post a blog with the plans of the PAX. :)

Varhaatus
08-22-2015, 10:23 AM
I didn't know that Atari will show the game at PAX. This blog gives a hopeful information.

In addition, Atari said that they would post a blog with the plans of the PAX. :)

They did a press release the day before the blog saying exactly the same thing this blog said almost to the letter ....

Joe Android
08-22-2015, 10:36 AM
They did a press release the day before the blog saying exactly the same thing this blog said almost to the letter ....

What blog? I only see 1 blog talking about this.

Varhaatus
08-22-2015, 10:39 AM
What blog? I only see 1 blog talking about this.

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-press-release-atari-rides-into-pax-prime-2015-unveils-rollercoaster-tycoon-world/

Joe Android
08-22-2015, 10:40 AM
http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rctw-press-release-atari-rides-into-pax-prime-2015-unveils-rollercoaster-tycoon-world/

It's the same blog, yes, but the problem is that it was not posted on the forums, it was only online. :)

Varhaatus
08-22-2015, 10:48 AM
It's the same blog, yes, but the problem is that it was not posted on the forums, it was only online. :)

It's on the main page so its easy to see, its a cheap way to make a numbered blog in this case #16, every blog has been repeating info already known. I feel like they are scraping the barrel just for something to say without actually saying anything,

Joe Android
08-22-2015, 10:54 AM
It's on the main page so its easy to see, its a cheap way to make a numbered blog in this case #16, every blog has been repeating info already known. I feel like they are scraping the barrel just for something to say without actually saying anything,

It was published in the main page, but means nothing, all blogs should be posted in the ''Announcements'', sooner or later. Even being on the main page I didn't realize of it, because I the only place where I find new blogs is in this forums, on ''Announcements''.

Also, don't worry, the next week you will see this game, so I don't see the problem, on the contrary, I'm happy. :)

Thompso
08-22-2015, 01:16 PM
I wonder if we "the fans not going to Pax event which is 85% of us" will get a new trailer on August 28-31 please let that be.

Lapuente
08-22-2015, 02:26 PM
I hope so too

TycoonMaster
08-22-2015, 05:01 PM
If any of you go to pax, try and get some footage of coaster building. I really want to see this. Play around with the themes too and show us the terrain tools available. Finally, check for all the different types of ride (coasters, gentle, thrill, water, transport, shops and stalls.)

CoasterDrive
08-23-2015, 04:28 AM

That is not true. Did you know about the process of making a flat ride? have you seen screenshots of a wooden rollercoaster before the blog? Have you heard about the contest before?

Yes there is some repetitive information in the blogs, but it's a good thing that everything is wrapped up nicely in those blogs. Remember: There are developers that are way more talkative than atari, but there are also a whole lot that don't say almost nothing until the game is released. we got the middleground which is good.

ddrplaya4638
08-23-2015, 06:18 AM
I'm hoping we get to see some customization. I'm interested in seeing how buildings are built and how queue paths are laid. I hope they aren't prefabricated.

PlayCoasterGames
08-23-2015, 07:44 AM
Hey community,
i see on the german amazon.de site you can see the release date is the 31 march 2016. Is this right?

http://abload.de/img/unbenanntplsvw.jpg

Indominus
08-23-2015, 07:47 AM
^No, thats a placeholder date. :)

PlayCoasterGames
08-23-2015, 07:49 AM
thanks for the quick answer. i will hope you have right. :)

Joe Android
08-23-2015, 08:00 AM
Hey community,
i see on the german amazon.de site you can see the release date is the 31 march 2016. Is this right?

http://abload.de/img/unbenanntplsvw.jpg

Atari said the game would come out in Q4 2015, so the date of Amazon.de, I'm afraid that is incorrect.

CoasterDrive
08-23-2015, 08:28 AM
Actually, i hope it's true. They've done an amazing job in the last couple of month but i think they will need that time to make a fully immersive game. But we will probably know more next week. It depends on what users tell us about the playable demo.

ddrplaya4638
08-23-2015, 08:36 AM
It seems like they took a lot of the work from the previous developers and made it look better and added some extra features. A q4 release is definitely doable.

Also, Mattlab, is this the same build you showed at gamescon or is it a different one?

Joe Android
08-23-2015, 11:41 AM
Actually, i hope it's true. They've done an amazing job in the last couple of month but i think they will need that time to make a fully immersive game. But we will probably know more next week. It depends on what users tell us about the playable demo.

No, it isn't true because the game will be released in Q4 2015, until no new information, that is the official date, Q4 2015.

k1ng r4t
08-23-2015, 01:43 PM
I've never had any interest in living in Seattle...until now.

As for the release date, definitely false. Based on the progress we've seen in such a short amount of time, I don't see why it couldn't be ready for a holiday release. And it's not at all uncommon for sites to use placeholder dates like that. On top of this, since joining in February, Amazon.de has listed several different release dates, all of which came and went. Mattlab even pointed it out once, I do believe he explained Atari will release the official date when they have it, but he definitely at least said the Amazon.de date was wrong.

And imo, I'm sure Atari knows they're still walking a thin line when it comes to many fans, so they really don't want to have to change another big promise like that. I do believe they will if they have to, but I don't think they will.

Big_Boy
08-24-2015, 10:03 AM
well let us hope everything gets clear @ pax :).

Markov
08-24-2015, 12:46 PM
They've been working on this game for years now, I believe. I don't see why it needs to be pushed into another year lol.

k1ng r4t
08-24-2015, 05:34 PM
Well from what we've gathered so far they scrapped a lot of work that had been done previously when they switched devs, so technically it's just a few months old. But what we've gotten since is so nice it's hard to believe they started from scratch and did such a great job in such a short amount of time. Especially compared to previous developers...

Joe Android
08-24-2015, 06:38 PM
Guys, if they have worked hard this summer, as it seems, the game will not be released in 2016. They said Q4 2015, a logical date, most parts of the game is supposed it was made, it was only necessary improve the graphics, and they take a few months for this, isn't necessary an eternity for do this.

Kombiice
08-25-2015, 03:00 PM
it just wouldnt make sense to release it in 2016 if its official said to be released 2015 !!

Big_Boy
08-25-2015, 03:35 PM
The real release date will be said on pax i guess, until that time it isn't official. No point off make more roumers then there already are :).

BigDaddy
08-27-2015, 02:19 PM
with 3 different teams working on this within the last year. With no closed or open beta testing to date. I dont see how they can release anything of quality this year. I would think q4 2016 is more realistic time frame for a decent product launch.

Joe Android
08-27-2015, 02:31 PM
with 3 different teams working on this within the last year. With no closed or open beta testing to date. I dont see how they can release anything of quality this year. I would think q4 2016 is more realistic time frame for a decent product launch.

We've waited more than 1 year for something good, they haven't excuse, they had time to make a good game. I want RCTW this year, next year is for Planet Coaster.

Indominus
08-27-2015, 03:07 PM
We've waited more than 1 year for something good, they haven't excuse, they had time to make a good game. I want RCTW this year, next year is for Planet Coaster.
You could maybe want it this year, but Atari will release it when its ready, which could be next year.

Palaber1984
08-27-2015, 03:22 PM
You could maybe want it this year, but Atari will release it when its ready, which could be next year.

There is no couldn't or wouldn't or else!! Mattlab himself says that they will release q42015

Indominus
08-27-2015, 03:23 PM
Just like they first said it would be out early 2015.

jchristiansmith
08-27-2015, 04:27 PM
I'm hopeful for a Q4 release. They still have between 1-3 months to complete the game, and if they're showing the game to the public, it's safe to assume the game is in the final stages of Alpha. Who knows - maybe the PAX demo is even an early beta version before the closed beta test? 1-3 months is usually how long beta testing lasts for PC games so the timeline adds up.

Also, the graphics are only half the battle. A large portion of game development is coding and technical "behind-the-scenes" work, and we don't know how much of this was ported over from Pipeworks and Area 52 (they built the game using Unity 4, so it's somewhat easy to transfer coding and files to Unity 5). This also would explain how the game could be released Q4.

Kombiice
08-27-2015, 04:36 PM
oh noo. maybe all testers will get a beta pass at pax o.O

Palaber1984
08-27-2015, 04:43 PM
Just like they first said it would be out early 2015.
Could it not be that they made mistakes? They know which problems they have to fighting with. But surely when they say q4 2015 then i believe in it.

k1ng r4t
08-28-2015, 12:21 PM
I think the issue with the delays was all politics. Behind the scenes kinda stuff us peasant folk will never know about. Not enough money, not enough manpower, unrealistic demands etc etc. It had nothing to do with the game itself, but the suits on the top floor.

Once all the red tape was cut down, they could go full force on RCTW. I'm very hopeful for this game. I really do hope we get a chance to be beta users though. Man I'd be on top of the world if I could be a RCTW beta tester!!

Xyzyoja
08-28-2015, 02:38 PM
Awesome awesome look for photos from pax https://mobile.twitter.com/RCTPlanet

freez99313
08-28-2015, 04:57 PM
So... Mattlab said he had other funs things planned for us not going to PAX Prime. What do you guys think it is? Hopefully it's not a blog after PAX. That would be really disapointing... :confused:

ddrplaya4638
08-28-2015, 04:58 PM
It probably is... not to burst your bubble.

freez99313
08-28-2015, 05:21 PM
It probably is... not to burst your bubble.

Haha I hope not... Most likely though. I wonder where all of the developer like Mattlab are?! If you see this Mattlab could you tell us... It's killing me... I just got off the hype train and I am waiting for some news to get back on!

CoasterKing84
08-28-2015, 08:14 PM
https://youtu.be/nBFQHO7Fxns very brief in game footage

Joe Android
08-28-2015, 08:19 PM
When they go to present the game? I hope to see some gameplay of good quality that shows the potential of this game, with a nice and tidy park.

We also want to know the exact release date.

qbmaster
08-28-2015, 10:21 PM
I'm still of the opinion, better late than too early.

I would much rather see this game get released in 2016, if that's what it takes to make this game everything it needs to be. Believe me, I'm impatient as well, because I'm -really- excited for this game, but if it's worth the wait, then it's worth waiting a bit longer even.

DonSPa
08-28-2015, 11:02 PM
https://youtu.be/nBFQHO7Fxns very brief in game footage
at 47 seconds into the vid,is that a person falling out of the coaster???

DonSPa
08-28-2015, 11:08 PM
http://twitter.com/TkRaptor/status/637390079191703552/photo/1

heres a pic on twitter.Was reading on a facebook page and a question was asked if there was log flumes and a person said that there are log flumes for those who asked in other posts

never mind after looking again i see its the seats

wdfan
08-29-2015, 05:09 AM
at 47 seconds into the vid,is that a person falling out of the coaster???

I think a carriage falls off the train which means that in real life that bend is too sharp and you need to edit your coaster so your peeps won't die.

Thompso
08-29-2015, 09:43 AM
So... Mattlab said he had other funs things planned for us not going to PAX Prime. What do you guys think it is? Hopefully it's not a blog after PAX. That would be really disapointing... :confused:

A 1:45 trailer would be a fun good plan :)

XoHAYDNoX
08-29-2015, 10:03 AM
A 1:45 trailer would be a fun good plan :)

where did that random time come from? lol

AirtimeDaz
08-29-2015, 11:27 AM
Hey guys. first post here.

Looking at the youtube videos, seems as though they are using a proper physics engine. If so, I think it may be a fun element of gameplay. Maybe it would be cool if you create a ride that disobeys the laws of physics and if it puts too much stress on the coaster trains (ie: they had to modify the roll from maverick), open it to the public and if it derails, kill the poor unfortunate peeps, and have a hefty lawsuit lawsuit on your hands, which will be deducted from the parks income. :p

k1ng r4t
08-30-2015, 03:00 PM
A PAX update I found talking about roller coasters and Steam workshop integration. So awesome!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2977645/software-games/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-preview-a-wildly-easy-to-get-into-ride.html

Kombiice
08-30-2015, 03:02 PM
A PAX update I found talking about roller coasters and Steam workshop integration. So awesome!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2977645/software-games/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-preview-a-wildly-easy-to-get-into-ride.html

we posted that hours ago :P

k1ng r4t
08-30-2015, 03:08 PM
Ah, I assumed this would be the most fitting place for it and didn't see anything on it. Oh well...

Edit:Which I thought was odd ;)

mrbigshot110
08-30-2015, 06:26 PM
https://youtu.be/qe5qtki83OY
Here guys, not sure if it's been posted yet, but it's an extended demo video ThemeParkReview put up. Slightly more in depth, shows a bit more. Cheers guys, my faith's restored. What do you guys think?

Joe Android
08-30-2015, 06:29 PM
Here guys, not sure if it's been posted yet, but it's an extended demo video ThemeParkReview put up. Slightly more in depth, shows a bit more. Cheers guys, my faith's restored. What do you guys think?

Yes, it was posted, there is a thread of this, in fact. :)

Honestly I liked everything in the video, and this is only a demo in early alpha, so I cann't imagine the final version!

STEELYJOE75
08-31-2015, 12:57 AM
I haven't fully been thru the recent parts of this thread today, but this interview with Matt is almost an hour long. Lots to see here! Matt even goes as far to confirm there will be a beta version released. I'm pumped to say the least! I love the new coaster designer too! Making coasters will be easier than ever.

https://youtu.be/ZUXhblhikcw

(https://youtu.be/ZUXhblhikcw)

Helena
08-31-2015, 08:13 AM
Looks like auto subtitles has been turned off. Sad. :/

Angel
08-31-2015, 03:45 PM

Yay!!! Terraforming!!!

Achronite
09-01-2015, 02:01 PM
https://youtu.be/ZUXhblhikcw

Hey Matlab - how do we sign up for the beta that you mentioned in the Twitch livestream?

keith
09-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Well from what I've seen at PAX. I have lost almost ALL interest. The "peeps" look terrible stiff and emotionless. 30 flat rides is a ridiculously LOW number of rides. Most parks have double that number, look at cedar point.

The coaster developer tools look poor and boring. Why not use something similar to No Limits. I mean you really intend to create only 3 coaster types and have all the other style of coasters work on these generic tracks?

I don't know to me, this looks like a cheap game you'd buy off steam on sale for 5 bucks. Unless big things are coming Atari will not be getting my money. Speaking of which I've grown extremely tired of being drug through the mud with these developer blogs. Sure they were cool at first, but you continually promise things in one blog, and do not deliver in the following.

ddrplaya4638
09-01-2015, 11:02 PM
Wow... to much negativity. For having switched developers 3 times I for one am proud they are still going... you need to go back and listen what Matt said in the pax stream. There are pretty much 4 basic tracks with 10 different types and each type has two or more different themes persay. And those change the track too.

Markov
09-02-2015, 02:59 AM
Wow... to much negativity. For having switched developers 3 times I for one am proud they are still going... you need to go back and listen what Matt said in the pax stream. There are pretty much 4 basic tracks with 10 different types and each type has two or more different themes persay. And those change the track too.

Some people are just never satisfied.

robinhsluis
09-02-2015, 03:23 AM
as a matter of fact i do understand his points and i agree on some of them but i'm still buying the game nonetheless.

The amount of flatrides is indeed less than the RCT3 game but that game contained a lot of bull**** that looked dull and were never placed in my parks anyways. With these 30 flatrides, i just hope they picked the most common ones and make them have different skins or something so they could fit into different themes.

"The coaster developer looks poor" is not what i thought. I think it's a lot more developed than the RCT3 one. It sure is a minor point to hear there are less coaster types, but once again, the amount in RCT3 was after 2 expansions and contained a lot of the same looking **** as well. Example: the inverted/hanging coasters. The coasters that only could go straight instead of making turns... Stuff like that is filtered out this time cuz no one used them anyways. They were unrealistic.

The peeps are so much more amazing... I don't understand the problem with the peeps. I but you are comparing them to the peeps of the animated trailer from Coaster Planet or something.

CoasterDrive
09-02-2015, 03:29 AM
We should judge it for what it is, a alpha of the game. And for that it is pretty damn good one. There is clearly stuff missing (or they didn't showed us) like the on-demand grid, but it will be there in the final game and it will be great. You saw them build coasters in under a minute, give these tools someone who spends like 5-10 minutes and you will get the most amazing coasters we've ever seen in a game.

PAX was just a major leap in giving us new information. I remember all the different blogposts with screenshots of a single car, a single track, a single station and it always felt like "Ok, that looks like no limits, no life in there" but the demo showed us that there is much more than mattlab showed us in the posts. I guess you are just one of those guys that can't grasp the full thing when looking at unfinished material. that's ok :)

Palaber1984
09-02-2015, 03:38 AM
but you are comparing them to the peeps of the animated trailer from Coaster Planet or something.

The first part is animated where the street and trees plopping. Than It turned into ingame with cinematic camera view.
Sry but creating real looking animation isn't something that is only for sportgames?we have 2015. There are no limitations in any direction!my best friend is a rigger and he makes an well animated scene in just one day. And i suppose that frontier gots talented guys creating different of animations for peeps.

The peeps at pax stream isn't finished. Hopefully they have well looking animations and emotions in final game

vapourmike
09-02-2015, 04:23 AM
Guys you really need to remember this is an ALPHA build that just shows off the core of the gaming engine, the time they have now will be used to fine tune all the work, add animations to art work etc. You are all getting caught up in the tiny details when these details havn't been done yet and have quite clearly been said it hasn't been done yet. What's more, they have given us some amazing mod tools AS STANDARD and a promise of free updates after launch and to top it off it's built in Unity 5 ... you can't ask for much more.

Ireeb
09-02-2015, 05:54 AM
Yeah Mattlab already said the peeps are not finshed and have lots of bugs. They either have to fix that or they could just sell the glitching of the peeps as a moonwalk-feature.

k1ng r4t
09-02-2015, 11:22 AM
Guys you really need to remember this is an ALPHA build that just shows off the core of the gaming engine, the time they have now will be used to fine tune all the work, add animations to art work etc. You are all getting caught up in the tiny details when these details havn't been done yet and have quite clearly been said it hasn't been done yet. What's more, they have given us some amazing mod tools AS STANDARD and a promise of free updates after launch and to top it off it's built in Unity 5 ... you can't ask for much more.

Welcome to the RCT forums :o

I agree, but I see the negativity as the fans covering all the bases. Even if I do think it's totally unnecessary and paranoid at times, at least it's making sure no stone is left unturned. Not 3 months ago people were up in arms that there might be a forced grid system, now that we know there's not in general, people are up in arms there might not be as an option. People wanted a more streamlined construction system, now they want a grid based piece by piece system.

So at least the developers can't make any excuses of what's to be expected. Just like peeps, the majority of people were complaining they don't want too life like peeps, now people are saying they're too life like. Devs can never win when it comes to the fans, so we just have to hope they do the best they can, but at least they know everybody's expectations.

keith
09-02-2015, 12:11 PM
I mean look you guys can go on the defense over how I feel. But sure they call this alpha just like the orginal trailer turned into an "alpha" even though it was likely about to hit the production line. Notice this looks NOTHING like the original did.

Look I want a game that is fun to play looks appealing. Like i mentioned earlier I think the coaster design tools for NL2 are amazing. It also looks out of this world. I don't want a product that is unfinished.

Ok so they acknowledge the peeps are not finished. But these peeps as of now look like the people from simcity, all straight limbs, and walk like they've got a stick up their butt.

The queues are huge compared to the peeps. make each Q a 3 way zig zag to increase its total size, where we have to use less tiles. I mean they barely use 1/3 of the Q anyway. If they are striking for reality then HELLO.

The coaster stations are a big turn off for me also. It seems like most of a worries have come true. There are preset stations. Why not give us the option for just the base. with the gates and everything, and allow use to use scenery to build up the rest. I briefly remember them mentioning the stations and that there are a few styles for each in the hour long PAX video. Maybe I coped out on explaining my dislike for the coaster creator. I think it just looks cheap compared to what the hype made it sound. With the tech that is out I think much more could go into it. There was a video of what was originally going to be RTCW and the coaster editor. It looked great it was more along the lines of NL. and yes, i may keep mentioning NL, but they really knocked it out of the park as far as the coaster creation.

Again you can try to berate me all you want. However if you don't open your mouth and threaten to hurt them where they care the most (their wallets) then nothing will be changed. Just remember what ALMOST became RTCW until the community was in an uproar. Honestly if there are not big improvements between this PAX release and the actual product release they won't be getting my money. I'll wait to see what their competitors do. I've been a long supporter of RCT. Hell I'm 30 and still playing 1 2 and occasionally 3.

RCTW1
09-02-2015, 12:19 PM
The new coaster building style is just fine. It does not need to be any more complicated like NL2.

k1ng r4t
09-02-2015, 01:08 PM
I mean look you guys can go on the defense over how I feel. But sure they call this alpha just like the orginal trailer turned into an "alpha" even though it was likely about to hit the production line. Notice this looks NOTHING like the original did.

Look I want a game that is fun to play looks appealing. Like i mentioned earlier I think the coaster design tools for NL2 are amazing. It also looks out of this world. I don't want a product that is unfinished.

Ok so they acknowledge the peeps are not finished. But these peeps as of now look like the people from simcity, all straight limbs, and walk like they've got a stick up their butt.

The queues are huge compared to the peeps. make each Q a 3 way zig zag to increase its total size, where we have to use less tiles. I mean they barely use 1/3 of the Q anyway. If they are striking for reality then HELLO.

The coaster stations are a big turn off for me also. It seems like most of a worries have come true. There are preset stations. Why not give us the option for just the base. with the gates and everything, and allow use to use scenery to build up the rest. I briefly remember them mentioning the stations and that there are a few styles for each in the hour long PAX video. Maybe I coped out on explaining my dislike for the coaster creator. I think it just looks cheap compared to what the hype made it sound. With the tech that is out I think much more could go into it. There was a video of what was originally going to be RTCW and the coaster editor. It looked great it was more along the lines of NL. and yes, i may keep mentioning NL, but they really knocked it out of the park as far as the coaster creation.

Again you can try to berate me all you want. However if you don't open your mouth and threaten to hurt them where they care the most (their wallets) then nothing will be changed. Just remember what ALMOST became RTCW until the community was in an uproar. Honestly if there are not big improvements between this PAX release and the actual product release they won't be getting my money. I'll wait to see what their competitors do. I've been a long supporter of RCT. Hell I'm 30 and still playing 1 2 and occasionally 3.

Calm down, man. Nobody is berating you and there's no need to threaten anybody. Like I literally just said, it's ok for you to criticize. I personally think there's absolutely no point in comparing todays RCTW to A52 RCTW, but hey. That was also a teaser trailer that A52 released, not a gameplay demo, so no it wasn't particularly close to release. Either way it's completely irrelevant and if you keep comparing this to that, well, there's no point. We have no idea how much of the previous work was used, if any, and it looks like almost none, so.

I don't understand how they can straight up say the peeps aren't done but then you're upset over how the peeps look. Calm down bro! We don't know, there's no need to get so worked up. Feel free to point it out, we encourage it, but you don't need to get so defensive and you can be very civil about it.

It's a shame you think "most" of our worries have come true though, since almost all the features that have been included were something we asked for, I think the majority of people disagree, and this is 1000% better than the last trailer. So can we at least keep things calm and constructive?

keith
09-02-2015, 01:37 PM
You took threaten the wrong way. No where did i threaten anymore. I said you threaten their wallets. The thing they care most about.

It is like we are being strung along, and I was extremely excited for the game, but being dragged through these blog posts with empty promises is not good PR.

I'm also not "worked up" I assure you I've lost no sleep, nor has my BP spiked. I am assertive, I pull no punches. Maybe a life in the military has eroded away my filter. Simply put. I think it looks like they took the easy way out on a lot of things. I do not want to rely on user generated content. I didn't know it was even an option for rct3 until a few years ago. I managed just fine.

freez99313
09-02-2015, 03:02 PM

If you like NL2 then go play it! This is rollercoaster tycoon! If they focused that much on the coasters the game wouldn't achieve a proper balance, I'm not saying its a bad idea, I just think it isn't necessary for this game. Sorry if I sound rude, I don't want to start anything lol.

MrBob101
09-02-2015, 04:23 PM
No Limits 2 got boring over time. I need my dam peeps. This game is only in alpha and the peeps have minds like Michael Jackson.
MOONWALK

keith
09-02-2015, 08:39 PM
If you like NL2 then go play it! This is rollercoaster tycoon! If they focused that much on the coasters the game wouldn't achieve a proper balance, I'm not saying its a bad idea, I just think it isn't necessary for this game. Sorry if I sound rude, I don't want to start anything lol.

I like the coaster designer in NL. You didn't come off rude, because i do indeed play it. but MrBob also has a valid point on that it does get VERY boring. I could care less about the actual ride control panel. It was cool for the first 30 minutes but i lost interest. I need guests, and i need to run a full park with finances. My reference to NL was the designer tools. Sure have a simplified version(like what we have seen) and then have advanced options. I just feel that while the coaster designing will be a huge improvement on anything we have seen in RCT for far. It just isn't what they could have achieved with the computing power available.

Markov
09-03-2015, 01:18 AM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121023213158/degrassi/images/b/b3/Snape-walks-away.gif

Big_Boy
09-03-2015, 02:48 AM
Mattlab,

is there already a date for start on the beta ? I hope you do read this offcourse.

greetz Michaël

Bakgrund
09-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Mattlab,

is there already a date for start on the beta ? I hope you do read this offcourse.

greetz Michaël

Have they even announced that there will be a beta available for us to play?

Big_Boy
09-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Have they even announced that there will be a beta available for us to play?

Yeah they did :). next comming months ...

RctwUltraFan
10-19-2015, 05:45 PM
I didnt could play it but yay i have the beta