PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Point Death on Raptor Ride

CedarPointFan
08-13-2015, 08:02 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the family of a man in his mid forty's who just 3 hours ago jumped a restricted fence to the park's Raptor roller coaster, and was struck in the head and killed. You can see a report here:
http://fox8.com/2015/08/13/sandusky-police-investigating-accident-at-cedar-point-near-raptor/

magicart87
08-13-2015, 09:53 PM
Tragic. Prayers to the family.

It's saddening to know that people for reasons that elude me think to enter a restricted area and stuff like this happens. I've read countless stories similar to this one in which park guests will sneak through a gated area and for what!? An untimely ultimate loss of life. :(

RandomMrBrick
08-14-2015, 09:01 AM
Apparently his belongings had come out while riding. The reason why we put them on shelves in the station or get wristbands for storage.

CedarPointFan
08-14-2015, 11:05 AM
The park even states, that if you happen to loose an item while riding any ride, alert the nearest staff member. I agree that this is awful, and I'm not trying to brush aside the fact that a man was killed yesterday; but there are approximately 15 "RESTRICTD AREA" sigs around the Raptor ride. He lost his wallet and cell phone... and his life was definitely more important than those articles.

CedarPointFan
08-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Here's an update on the ride. It looks like it's back up and running already: http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2015/08/cedar_points_raptor_will_reope.html

RandomMrBrick
08-14-2015, 11:59 AM
All parks have the "Alert a member of staff if an item is lost around the ride including the queues" I'm surprised it didn't cross his mind that he may get seriously hurt and/or die.

CedarPointFan
08-14-2015, 01:12 PM
All parks have the "Alert a member of staff if an item is lost around the ride including the queues" I'm surprised it didn't cross his mind that he may get seriously hurt and/or die.

that's what confuses me a bit... If they get under the coaster's track, don't they see/hear the train coming? And seriously, what are the odds of going under the track for a few seconds and having a train go over that section at the same time? Raptor only has a train depart about every 2-3 minutes, and he just happened to be unlucky enough to go under the tracks right at the wrong time.

CedarPointFan
08-14-2015, 05:41 PM
Another update, Cedar Point has said they will cancel their 2016 announcement that was going to take place on the 18th of this month due to the incident:

(sorry for the small picture size, click on it to expand)

CreamyBeef
08-21-2015, 08:36 PM
How many times has this happened on B&M inverts? It's terribly sad but it is his own fault entirely.

freez99313
08-22-2015, 01:08 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with the family of a man in his mid forty's who just 3 hours ago jumped a restricted fence to the park's Raptor roller coaster, and was struck in the head and killed. You can see a report here:
http://fox8.com/2015/08/13/sandusky-police-investigating-accident-at-cedar-point-near-raptor/
:( Poor guy... Hopefully in the future theme parks can think of a better way to retrieve lost items, and reduce fatalities...

MattDratt
08-24-2015, 06:06 PM
:( Poor guy... Hopefully in the future theme parks can think of a better way to retrieve lost items, and reduce fatalities...

Yeah, ask a staff member or put your items away before getting on. Attempting to go grab it yourself in a restricted area is just stupid.