PDA

View Full Version : RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog #15

Mattlab
08-12-2015, 09:24 PM
Discussion of blog post #15 (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-production-blog-15-post-gamescom-recap-and-feature-list-updates/) Post Gamescom Recap and Feature List Updates

The team is back from Gamescom and we are busier than ever so it’s time for a quick recap of recent events! As many of you have seen, press is being published from our interviews at the show and we are happy to see everyone enjoyed the game as much as we do. It was fun to see how excited the media were when they first saw the coaster builder or when we zoomed in some of our flat rides, showing the great attention to detail that is being given to each ride. What was also very clear was how much everyone loves the franchise and how RCTW invoked those same feelings they had playing the game many years ago – exactly what we had hoped would happen.

At the same time we invited the press to join us at PAX Prime in Seattle where we will be showing even more of the game! These giant steps forward in production are possible due to the extremely hard working team at Nvizzio. Everyone is in overdrive and the game is really coming together. And to reassure you of the game’s visual quality, here are two new screenshots taken today on a powerhouse computer with a high-end graphics card at 4K resolution. No doctoring!

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/282560/ss_9b9336fb3381d9eb11833f6c4a5511b77bb23d37.1920x1 080.jpg?t=1439432029 Wood Station Internal

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/WoodStation-External.png (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/WoodStation-External.png) Wood Station External

With all of the Gamescom announcements we made to press, it meant that it was also time to update the official RCT Website and Steam page. Some fans noticed that this was done last night and indeed there is a new fact sheet of features that comes with; I am providing that feature list below.

Please additionally note that indeed multiplayer is not listed. This will be released as a free update post-launch due to our focus on creating a robust set of UGC tools for release – which promises to be awesome.

FEATURES

Powerful Building Tools:

Freeform Object Placement: Control and place every single in-game object anywhere on the map at any angle. For our more casual users we are also providing ‘snap-to’ and ‘brush’ placement functionality to make this enhancement easy to use.
Curved Paths: Select your unique type of path from a variety of widths, styles, and shapes. You can make them straight or, for the first time in the franchise, curve them at almost any angle!
Innovative 3D Track Editor: Create the coolest and wildest coasters imaginable with our best track editor ever! For the first time, using our spline based editor, tracks can be fully manipulated in 3D allowing you to create any shape you can dream up.
Fully Deformable Terrain and Water: Build amazing rides and change your park’s landscape in full 3D with completely deformable terrain and water.
Expansive Selection of In-Game Objects: Entertain your park guests with many different types of coasters and rides all in eye-popping next generation resolution. Choose from pre-made rides and coasters to scenery and shops.

Expansive Customization Support:

UGC Tools: For the first time, you will be able to create your own scenery, peeps and more in any 3D editing program that works with Unity and import it into the game for everyone to use!
Multiple Maps and Themes: Choose from different environments and theme options to make each map unique.

Fully Realized Next-Generation Simulation:

Detailed Park Management Tools: Run a successful theme park with the beautifully crafted User Interface that provides easy access to all of your park management tools. From park finances to the thoughts of your guests, everything is at your fingertips including new features – heat maps and tips.
Multiple Game Modes: Play the way you want in Sandbox mode, or complete varying challenges and quests in Scenario and Campaign modes.
Responsive Environments + Guests: Create themed zones in your park! Placing different themed rides and objects will affect not only ratings but increase its attractiveness to certain peeps.
Advanced Physics Calculations: The coasters in RCTW use a more complex physics simulation than any previous game in the franchise. This allows for amazing designs and a lifelike riding experience. Build a coaster that stays perfectly on its tracks or teeters on the brink of disaster; just be careful or your coaster may jump the rails!
Ride Every Coaster: Hop into the front seat of a coaster and ride what you made yourself!
Innovative Services: Manage your park’s medical, janitorial, entertainment and mechanical needs with the re-designed, simple-yet-powerful services system.

Native Sharing and Social Features:

Social Media Integration: Share all your cool creations and designs with your friends straight from within the game!
Freeform Cameras: Take a video at any angle; edit your park above, below, or next to a ride. Prefer an isometric view? We have that too!
Friend’s Lists and Stat Comparisons: See what your Steam and Social friends are up to in their games from within yours! It’s easy to see someone’s latest coaster or when they last edited their park.
Visit a Friend: Check out a friend’s park with a simple click! Chat with them and give them suggestions on what to do next while you’re there.
Native Steam Workshop Support: Native Steam Workshop support is built right in the game! The interface has been simplified and centralized to make it easy for anyone from casual to hardcore to use. Custom scenery, blueprinted coasters, parks and more can be easily and seamlessly shared from within the game. UGC has been designed to be accessible and easy to use for everyone.

With the show now over, our attention has shifted entirely to PAX. As soon as we can we will update everyone via a blog on what to expect. We appreciate your support and thanks again to all of the press who wrote the great previews of the game from Gamescom!

Until next time,
“Mattlab”
Executive Producer of RCTW
Atari

swifferme
08-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Thank you. I can't say how much we appreciate all the hard work and keep up with the amazing progress...the wooden rollercoaster looks nice!!

0BobTheJanitor
08-12-2015, 09:30 PM
The team is back from Gamescom and we are busier than ever so it’s time for a quick recap of recent events! As many of you have seen, press is being published from our interviews at the show and we are happy to see everyone enjoyed the game as much as we do. It was fun to see how excited the media were when they first saw the coaster builder or when we zoomed in some of our flat rides, showing the great attention to detail that is being given to each ride. What was also very clear was how much everyone loves the franchise and how RCTW invoked those same feelings they had playing the game many years ago – exactly what we had hoped would happen.

Caught a typo. :p Just letting you know.

Caine
08-12-2015, 09:30 PM
I can see one of the pictures and it looks really nice, the developer change to nvizzio was a very good choice. Thank you that you are making a game that is worth to be called Rollercoaster Tycoon

savoytruffle98
08-12-2015, 09:35 PM
Hm... Scenario and campaign are seperate modes?
Interesting indeed.

Sandsh8rk
08-12-2015, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the update, glad to hear that the game was well received by the press. Like a few others on here, I can't see the images - can this be fixed asap please? :)

Ozejames
08-12-2015, 09:37 PM
So this blog post is about 98% of what is written on the steam page......

magicart87
Here you Go!

http://i57.tinypic.com/157ezgy.png

AND

http://i59.tinypic.com/9092dg.jpg

So, so very sexy! LOVE IT! Thanks Mattlab!

Martyboy
OMG oh wow

Joe Android
08-12-2015, 09:38 PM
Here you Go!

AND

Thanks you so much!! I love these images! :D

Zetrova
Here you Go!

AND

Holy mother of pearl that's stunning!

Sandsh8rk
Here you Go!

AND

Holy crap. Those look nice!!!

WijnandGomes
WOW, that looks amazing!

jchristiansmith
08-12-2015, 09:39 PM
The station looks beautiful! I'm less worried now, but I am still left wondering is the wooden coaster image that is floating around from gamescom taken on low settings? Could we possibly see that same image taken on 4k? If not, no worries, and thank you guys so much for all you have done so far! Lots of improvements.

0BobTheJanitor
08-12-2015, 09:39 PM
I don't see the station light. Maybe some peoples complaints made it through.

Austinuity
08-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Yup, the world still looks really flat out there :(

The Stig
08-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Holy shadows and sunshafts!

EDIT: Hey wait a minute... Where's the traffic light?

Oblitious16
08-12-2015, 09:42 PM
They look great! I just hope the stations aren't all premade.

Martyboy
08-12-2015, 09:43 PM
And now i am very worried that my computer will not be able to handle this game. It looks very demanding.

SparkyUK
08-12-2015, 09:46 PM
Looks great! :)
Not seeing any mechanics of the ride (pinch wheels, chains, brakes etc) in the station, so hoping they'll be included in the final game.

What a turnaround this has been, really looks good!

Ozejames
08-12-2015, 09:48 PM
4K image at 476 x 262...???

Mattlab
08-12-2015, 09:48 PM
Looks great! :)
Not seeing any mechanics of the ride (pinch wheels, chains, brakes etc) in the station, so hoping they'll be included in the final game.

What a turnaround this has been, really looks good!

They will be there indeed in the final game. Right now we do not have the "in-station" mech hooked up just yet. It's a bit more complicated than the track boosters and breaks to do.

keeper262
08-12-2015, 09:50 PM
Thank you for the update, the features look amazing. I think the screenshots look beautiful! Every new blog post makes me want to play even more.

Wayne
08-12-2015, 10:02 PM
Looks great, just wish they were a larger resolution! :D

Ireeb
08-12-2015, 10:03 PM
They will be there indeed in the final game. Right now we do not have the "in-station" mech hooked up just yet. It's a bit more complicated than the track boosters and breaks to do.

Hey Mattlab,
To help you a bit with the stuff inside stations: don't forget that the tracks inside the station don't have to be the same like the actual tracks outside. For example my favourite coaster called Karacho uses that triangular type of track, but inside the station and in front of it (the final brake section) it uses simpler tracks only consisting of two pipes without the third one below. That way it is easier to integrate stuff like the friction wheels. Also: in the screenshot with the yellow rollercoaster you could see in the station the track was pretty tall, making it hard for the people to get onto the train. If you left away the support-pipe below the tracks there as well the tracks would be less tall.

Different topic:
Can we do a question and answer round sometime? Like you say a date and time where you and/or the developers will be at a thread in the forums trying to answer as many questions as possible. I am really happy that you keep us up to date about the game but it would be even nicer if there would be more interaction between the people who make the game and the people who want to give you their money for that :P

Thank you for your attention!
-Ireeb

RCTW1
08-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Looks Very Astonishing!!! Great Work Nvizzio!!!

George31
08-12-2015, 10:17 PM
Wow!!! Looks amazing

wesleypacman
08-12-2015, 10:17 PM
I'm just being critical here... Pretty much all of the screenshots they've released come off as bland and uninteresting to me. They haven't really shown off anything spectacular yet, but hopefully we'll see some great stuff down the road. I support Rollercoaster Tycoon World!!!

Cahalean
08-12-2015, 10:25 PM
Hmmm, i love the pictures but what happened to the in-game twister pic and the explanation about the leaked picture? well, thought they had some big stuff going for this blog, nothing in that blog except for the pictures was new and tbh i havn't really seen a lot of articles about how amazed the media were... well well, didn't expect that much since this is what we usually gets.

demomode_br
08-12-2015, 10:27 PM
Ok but...where are the wood coaster handrails? Where are the bankings?

Haazo
08-12-2015, 10:42 PM
Some people will be happy they removed the traffic light...

Ireeb
08-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Ok but...where are the wood coaster handrails?!?!?!?! Where are the bankings?!?!?!?!

Punctuation characters are no group-living animals. No really, using so many question- and exclamation marks appears impolite and unprofessional.
Just a tip on how to get more respect in forums on the internet.

Ireeb
08-12-2015, 10:45 PM

I never understood their purpose. The guy in the control-cabin has to know whether the train can leave or not, the traffic lights made it look like the people in the first row are controlling the train :D

BeerWhiskers
08-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Mattlab-

Excellent post! Thank you! Keep up the great quality!

The list of features is wonderful. I've dug out my old notes on parks I wanted to build in previous versions, but was limited. Looking forward to being able to a lot of those things now.

My only concern is with the Social Media features. If I am forced to have an active Internet connection to play, or worse to have connections to my social media accounts, then I won't be buying the game. I sincerely hope these are optional.

Mattlab
08-12-2015, 10:49 PM
Mattlab-

Excellent post! Thank you! Keep up the great quality!

The list of features is wonderful. I've dug out my old notes on parks I wanted to build in previous versions, but was limited. Looking forward to being able to a lot of those things now.

My only concern is with the Social Media features. If I am forced to have an active Internet connection to play, or worse to have connections to my social media accounts, then I won't be buying the game. I sincerely hope these are optional.

They are indeed optional! Our goal is to create features that enhance your experience if you choose to use them but you don't have to if you don't want to.

ddrplaya4638
08-12-2015, 10:52 PM
Mattlab and team. Great shot! it looks fantastic. My question is about the stations themselves. Can we build them piece by piece or are they prebuilt?

Ireeb
08-12-2015, 11:05 PM
They are indeed optional! Our goal is to create features that enhance your experience if you choose to use them but you don't have to if you don't want to.

Someone give Mattlab a cookie!

Future RCT
08-12-2015, 11:13 PM
Looks great, but can you please address the leaked screenshot? It looked noticibly duller than what you've been showing us. Were the graphics set to low quality in that screenshot? Any reassurance would be appreciated. Thanks for keeping us updated. :)

Thompso
08-12-2015, 11:20 PM
I am worried now :(

I have a HP intel Lap Top, Not sure if the graphics will let me play this game. My lap top is a 2014 recently new but I may have to buy a gaming computer to play.

The game looks good and I guess it will come out December? count down is ON!

Oblitious16
08-12-2015, 11:23 PM

I have a HP intel Lap Top, Not sure if the graphics will let me play this game. My lap top is a 2014 recently new but I may have to buy a gaming computer to play.

Urm, yeah, don't purchase a laptop if you plan to game.

And please don't purchase a pre-made computer, just build it yourself. You'll save probably a good 40-50% if you build the PC yourself. Plenty of tutorial videos on how to do this.

VactuGAMER
08-12-2015, 11:24 PM
What leaked screenshot ? Can you link me please?

VACkillers
08-12-2015, 11:24 PM
A Couple of good screenshots! glad the show went so well for you guys and I hope that you do actually have some gameplay to show us as PAX, though you mentioned you'd address the leaked screenshot and disappointed you didn't but that's okay. Just wish you were able to show us a bit more than the two shots we did get, kinda difficult to take away anything from the screenies for me because its not really showing enough except for the nice look of the coaster and after the hype talk of gamescom, I just was just expecting, well, "more" than that.

Thanks again though Mattlab and glad the website issues seem to be resolved...

Markov
08-12-2015, 11:25 PM
I've been refreshing this page so many times! (Even during my lunch break) and must I say, this was definitely worth the wait. The sunlight, shadows, and everything else in the screenshot looks stunning! It's a good thing I'm single, my relationship would fail due to my obsession of this game.

Btw Mattlab, I'm wondering how peeps will enter a ride?
I'm really hoping it'll show them actually getting in their seats, instead of disappearing and magically appearing on the ride.

ddef12
08-12-2015, 11:27 PM
I hate to be a Debbie downer, and don't get me wrong I'm grateful for new screen shots, but something just tells me I'm being misled every time we get an update from Mattlab before the blog is actually posted.

Where is this twister flat ride in game we were told about? Where is the explanation for the leaked screenshot we were told we would get?

Like I said, I am happy to receive new screenshots it's just a little worrisome and deceiving when we are told one thing and they never follow through.

Granted, I have played this game since RCT 1 and will continue to support it, it's just a little disheartening. But I guess that is Atari's M.O. when it comes to communication...

VACkillers
08-12-2015, 11:27 PM
What leaked screenshot ? Can you link me please?

http://www.nwtv.nl/impressies/106369/roller-coaster-tycoon-world/

bottom of the page

VactuGAMER
08-12-2015, 11:32 PM
Oh god it looks really low quality ��

STEELYJOE75
08-12-2015, 11:41 PM
https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/images/metro/blue/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Thompso https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/images/metro/blue/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?p=27259#post27259)

And please don't purchase a pre-made computer, just build it yourself. You'll save probably a good 40-50% if you build the PC yourself. Plenty of tutorial videos on how to do this.

I agree, off the shelf systems you buy no matter the brand are usually crap. Even though they claim to be "GAMING" machines they definitely aren't. Spend a few hours and shop around on some different websites. There are only 7-8 components you need to pick;

CASE, Power supply, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, Hard Drive, Video Card, and possibly an Optical drive. So many videos how to assemble it, even a rookie could assemble an entire PC in 90 mins or less.

I've now built 2 systems, best decision I ever made!

VACkillers
08-12-2015, 11:49 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Oblitious16 View Post

I agree, off the shelf systems you buy no matter the brand are usually crap. Even though they claim to be "GAMING" machines they definitely aren't. Spend a few hours and shop around on some different websites. There are only 7-8 components you need to pick;

CASE, Power supply, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, Hard Drive, Video Card, and possibly an Optical drive. So many videos how to assemble it, even a rookie could assemble an entire PC in 90 mins or less.

To be fair, there are decent gaming laptops around, need to know where to look and know your specs though, for example, a $900-$1100 laptop from CyberpowerPC is the equivilant of the specs you'll see in a $2k alienware laptop. I've seen cyberpower laptops equipped with a 960 in it, while its the laptop companion of the desktop 960, it still packs quite a punch for gaming and be more than enough for almost all games right now. 8 components is right for a full system build though. Once you know your way around a motherboard, everything else is pretty straight forward, I reccomend a closed-loop water cooling system for ease of install for your CPU cooler, some of those after-market air-cooling systems are a bloody nightmare to fit at times.

jchristiansmith
08-12-2015, 11:51 PM
I hate to be a Debbie downer, and don't get me wrong I'm grateful for new screen shots, but something just tells me I'm being misled every time we get an update from Mattlab before the blog is actually posted.

Where is this twister flat ride in game we were told about? Where is the explanation for the leaked screenshot we were told we would get?

Like I said, I am happy to receive new screenshots it's just a little worrisome and deceiving when we are told one thing and they never follow through.

Granted, I have played this game since RCT 1 and will continue to support it, it's just a little disheartening. But I guess that is Atari's M.O. when it comes to communication...

I have to agree as well. I love the new Station though, but in all honestly there's only 2 real paragraphs of information. Not exactly what I was expecting - I think we ALL would like to see a big reveal similar to Production Blog #12 but that will have to wait. Maybe PAX Prime? (besides the launch date... I know, I know)

MR.sugar
08-13-2015, 01:04 AM
In other post on the forum, Mattlab promised to explain the leaked screesnhot, yet here, he pretends that it doesn´t exist.... Once again,dissapointed with the blog and with the not-so good screenshot, I´m getting that bad feeling about this game again.

Your last few blogs were quite cool, this on the other hand is example, how to not do it...

Music
08-13-2015, 01:29 AM
Personally, I don't get all the whining about Atari not addressing the "leaked screenshot". The new screenshots provided really speak for themselves. If the blog images are truly un-doctored as they say (is there any reason to doubt that?), it's clear that the leaked image was clearly just taken on a low resolution machine. When you translate the webpage, the author himself describes the game as "amazingly stunning in HD".

Relax people, my impression is that ATARI and Nvizzio are just taking their time to make sure everything is perfect when released. IMHO, I would rather they took an extra 6 months to release the perfect game then rush something out to market that's not ready.

We want to know why they released that picture in the first place. It makes no sense to show off a picture from a low end PC.

AUS_Twisted
08-13-2015, 02:06 AM
The first mod I can see happening here is a higher res wood texture for the station as they are fairly low res.

James
08-13-2015, 02:48 AM
The screenies look great, but if this was meant to be the "hero" devblog, I'm pretty disappointed. I was at least expecting some sort of gameplay. Perhaps expecting too much, but I guess we'll have to wait until after PAX Prime.

Knobs
08-13-2015, 03:11 AM
Haha, it is getting better and better with every update.
It's so amazing to see the whole project development. How it was such a rough ride....

Some of you were here from the beginning. I'm so glad we stayed here and gave constructive feedback to the team.

Look at it now ... Ha ! Remember those awful days 5 - 6 months ago ? Man what a great turnaround.
Guys, we've gotten what we wanted.

Now if they only finally can tease us with some gameplay footage or a new trailer....
But i'm satisfied. Such a great evolution. Puberty gone right.

koekeritis
08-13-2015, 03:18 AM
Will my intel core i5 be sufficient to run the game nicely?

You're probably fine. How many GHz?

Kombiice
08-13-2015, 03:20 AM
Looks WOW !!!! But i dont see tilted track. I've never seen tilted tracks of the game until now o.O

Cortex
08-13-2015, 04:23 AM
Looks realy nice! Now i'm realy curious about the people ! How do they look like? Never seen a peep on a screenie yet...

lautpiano
08-13-2015, 04:32 AM
"Come back for RCTW’s next blog to see the final in-game shot of the Twister alongside some other amazing reveals!"

hm. noping outta here. hoping for sth good in 3 weeks time, after pax prime.

Indominus
08-13-2015, 04:36 AM
The pictures look stunning!
There are a few details missing, but I'm sure these will be added later. I love that the ugly traffic light is gone. I do think the blog is a bit short after all the wait.
A thing that will make everything amazing for me is if everything gets realistic sounds. I loved the wooden coaster sounds of RCT2!

I wonder, will the presentation at PAX be private like at gamescom? I hope not. I hope we will finally see a video of some gameplay or a new trailer after PAX.

SparkyUK
08-13-2015, 05:19 AM
We want to know why they released that picture in the first place. It makes no sense to show off a picture from a low end PC.

It kinda does. To me.

They said from very early on, this game will run on as many machines as possible. That screen to me is demonstrating what a lot of games come with these days.... graphics options. Being able to turn items off and dumb it down so the machine can cope. I had a PC not that long ago that I thought was pretty OK until I installed RCT 3 and it turned most settings to minimal.

Perhaps they were demo'ing to the press the ability the game has to cope with different systems.

Bakgrund
08-13-2015, 05:19 AM
I hope the wooden coaster supports get some more work before the game is published, but yeah, the stations looks pretty decent.

Ireeb
08-13-2015, 05:20 AM
Looks WOW !!!! But i dont see tilted track. I've never seen tilted tracks of the game until now o.O

He said that you can manipulate the track in 3D. That basically means everything is possible, I don't think we have to worry about that. Probably someone was too lazy and built a roller coaster from from premade track pieces and didn't use banking.

SparkyUK
08-13-2015, 05:20 AM

Well everyone is banging on about attention to detail, so yeah, why wouldn't they be? It looked out of place on their mockup, and it would have looked equally as out of place in these new screens.

Funny how that's something you noticed too.

RCTFan
08-13-2015, 05:26 AM
Great pic!!

TyrellCaesar
08-13-2015, 05:31 AM
It all sounds perfect. The description basically states everything everyone on these forums has been asking for. Now all that's left is the execution and how it actually plays.

The points that interest me the most are:

Freeform Object Placement
Fully Deformable Terrain and Water
Advanced Physics Calculations

Sounds like almost every angle and small detail will be customizable in building parks which is the most important. Feeling more confident than ever though

Manucoffee
08-13-2015, 05:31 AM
@Mattlab

Just wow, pretty impressive, Nvizzio are a very efficient team.

BUT there is still no explanation about the leaked picture?! And to be honest the station looks awesome but the background is a bit odd, i hope we can choose between different environments.:o

Oh yes and i cant see the Twister?:confused:
"Come back for RCTW’s next blog to see the final in-game shot of the Twister alongside some other amazing reveals!"

RCTW1
08-13-2015, 05:32 AM
Well everyone is banging on about attention to detail, so yeah, why wouldn't they be? It looked out of place on their mockup, and it would have looked equally as out of place in these new screens.

Funny how that's something you noticed too.

While I do like detail, it's not my top most concern. Meaning I'm not going to have a fit if stuff is not perfect and ultra realistic.

SparkyUK
08-13-2015, 05:34 AM
While I do like detail, it's not my top most concern. Meaning I'm not going to have a fit if stuff is not perfect and ultra realistic.

I don't think most people are, either. This already looks a ton better than RCT3. Especially when you look at the hi-res screens.

JayB_Yolo
08-13-2015, 05:46 AM
These new images are great, all the details are just great and I can't wait to see more.

But one thing I would like to see is more wood. Like I want to see those wide wooden structure similar to what you have in no limits. It would just make wooden coaster more realistic and fun to make.

wdfan
08-13-2015, 06:35 AM
Things are looking better!

Joe Android
08-13-2015, 07:41 AM
The new images are AWESOME. Here we can see the enormous talent of Nvizzio. I am very proud that RCTW going to this way so realistic. :cool:

Anyway, in the blog #15, I expected to see the Gamescom gameplay. :(

Vanillepink
08-13-2015, 08:02 AM

December would be perfect, RCTW would make a great Xmas gift no? ^ O^

ncutt010
08-13-2015, 08:10 AM
According to the feature this this game includes everything Ive ever wanted...we basically have the ability to create ANY park because of the following features: UGC, curved paths, and free placement of objects.....

Now it simply comes down to these few things:
The park size needs to be big enough,
We must have plenty of different roller coasters and rides/shops to choose from,
And of course, the gameplay needs to be fun!

I'm too excited

CedarPointFan
08-13-2015, 08:28 AM
Mattlab, if you are out here, will these stations be able to have fly-throughs? What I'm asking is what if I wanted that wooden coaster to go through the bottom of the station halfway through the course?

koekeritis
08-13-2015, 08:35 AM
@Mattlab

Just wow, pretty impressive, Nvizzio are a very efficient team.

BUT there is still no explanation about the leaked picture?! And to be honest the station looks awesome but the background is a bit odd, i hope we can choose between different environments.:o

Oh yes and i cant see the Twister?:confused:

Exactly, the pics look superb, BUT both of those ^ things where promised/anounced to be explained/shown in this blog. Don't go back to the old ritm of promising things and not making them happen. A blog #15b today with said things would be nice!

(I'm usually on the optimistic side of the comunity but this makes me angry)

Millennium_Force
08-13-2015, 08:53 AM
For the record, Twister was seen in the leaked screenshot which Mattlab may have originally wanted to show but when it got leaked he found other ones. As for having an explanation to the leaked shot, I have no idea. I do love the new screenshots. One thing I noticed though is that the track is level with the station. I cannot think of any roller coaster that I have been on (which is quite a few) where the track is level. It is usually sunk down about a foot.

Sesac
08-13-2015, 08:54 AM
Prebuilt stations! I don't like it!

GGD123
08-13-2015, 08:56 AM
I'm so happy. Those pictures are incredible.

SparkyUK
08-13-2015, 08:57 AM
Prebuilt stations! I don't like it!

No one has confirmed they are pre-built, or that you can't build your own yet.

jsqualls14
08-13-2015, 09:21 AM
Uhhhh... on the bottom of this coaster, there is no banking :eek::confused:.... is there going to be banking? There has to be banking..

Joe Android
08-13-2015, 09:23 AM
No one has confirmed they are pre-built, or that you can't build your own yet.

According to this blog, it indicates that we have more models to choose for the coasters stations, but not says that we can build the stations from 0.

https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?1754-RollerCoaster-Tycoon-World-Production-Blog-Post-2

SparkyUK
08-13-2015, 09:45 AM
Uhhhh... on the bottom of this coaster, there is no banking :eek::confused:.... is there going to be banking? There has to be banking..

Do you mean this bit? I noticed that too.

The framing/structure could do with a bit more support, too. Lacking a little there.

SparkyUK
08-13-2015, 10:02 AM
According to this blog, it indicates that we have more models to choose for the coasters stations, but not says that we can build the stations from 0.

https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?1754-RollerCoaster-Tycoon-World-Production-Blog-Post-2

No it doesn't, but it doesn't mention we can't either. In fact, it doesn't mention stations at all. I think given the fluidity of this, they're going to want to wait a while so they can work on it before revealing too much detail.

That station looks pre-formed, which for some rides would be OK, but for the vast majority of what I've built in my parks, the length of the platforms does matter, and I often try to match the length to be about that of one or two trains. I'm just not seeing the detail in the blogs (which is fine) at the moment.

They haven't mentioned if we can have a separate station for unloading (not all rides unload and load in the same station), nothing has been mentioned about transfer tracks, or the operation of such.

I hope too that we have some control over the stations, specifically the length, height from the floor, covered or open, etc.

I guess we'll have to wait a while longer! :)

Bionic
08-13-2015, 10:17 AM
Exactly, the pics look superb, BUT both of those ^ things where promised/anounced to be explained/shown in this blog. Don't go back to the old ritm of promising things and not making them happen. A blog #15b today with said things would be nice!

(I'm usually on the optimistic side of the comunity but this makes me angry)

This is exactly why I'm staying skeptical. I was warming up to the game again, but then they leaked a screenshot way below the level we've seen in the last couple weeks, without an explanation. I'm going to need a gameplay video to be fully convinced. Why the hell would they provide such a low quality screenshot to the press. This is exactly the same as with the trailer, although I admit the subpar screenshot is still 1000 times better than that disaster.

Oh, and also: where are all the press articles? Are they not released yet? I've seen stuff about Planet Coaster and some stuff about Frontier's port of RCT3 on iOS.

Kombiice
08-13-2015, 10:31 AM
where are the tilted tracks ?? if they wont be there, it isnt a realistic game !!!!!!!!

coaster6
08-13-2015, 10:34 AM
There's going to be a huge problem if we don't have banked turns. In the situation right there, do you realize how many g's those peeps are experiencing? And especially if the game has updated ratings for coasters, that's going to be Ultra-Ultra Extreme!

The pictures look amazing but my two concerns are I want to have the option to build my own stations if necessary. Second those turns scare me! It's not RCTM!

Sesac
08-13-2015, 10:41 AM
There's going to be a huge problem if we don't have banked turns. In the situation right there, do you realize how many g's those peeps are experiencing? And especially if the game has updated ratings for coasters, that's going to be Ultra-Ultra Extreme!

The pictures look amazing but my two concerns are I want to have the option to build my own stations if necessary. Second those turns scare me! It's not RCTM!

+1 :( :confused:

Bionic
08-13-2015, 10:43 AM
I'm not too concerned they'll leave out banked curves, those are after all essential to a rollercoaster. The ability to build your own station however... Yeah, I'll need some confirmation on that as well.

The Stig
08-13-2015, 10:43 AM
For what it's worth, I would've rather seen the screenshots of the wooden coaster station anyways.

Joe Android
08-13-2015, 10:45 AM

In the blog #3, which explain the coasters topic, says nothing about building our own station, only we will have the option to choose a variety of stations. I would also like to build my own station.

SparkyUK
08-13-2015, 10:50 AM
In the blog #2, which explain the coasters topic, says nothing about building our own station, only we will have the option to choose a variety of stations. I would also like to build my own station.

I couldn't see any line mentioning anything about a variety of stations - just themes.

Mattlab
08-13-2015, 10:55 AM
So for those of you wondering about the "leaked screenshot" this was indeed shot from a low end computer, don't worry refer to the new shots taken yesterday for an idea of what the game looks like on a high-end PC. The "leaked screenshot" indeed shows how the game scales to different computers and is still able to render everything in real-time for the purposes of demonstration. Additionally, the concern about the shadows and muted colors in the shot is due to the fact that that was taken with clouds enabled in the game. Just like in real life this causes the light to fall flat and the colors to mute - definitely a setting we are still tweaking after reading your feedback! That said, I will try and write a blog in the future talking about some of the graphics scaling a bit more technically using a variety of settings and also showing it off in a variety of shots.

Also a side note on banked turns. Of course there are banked turns for the coasters! I'll make sure we take a screenshot next time showing them off!

Sesac
08-13-2015, 10:58 AM
If all stations are pre-built object will be very disappointing. Please guys do another one with only the floor and give to the players the possibility to build the rest.

Helena
08-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Mattlab:

Thank you! It was just what i suspected about the leaked, that it was on performance mode for poor computer.

The new photos looks sooo stunning.

Philmon11
08-13-2015, 11:06 AM
I have to weigh in about the station issue too... If the stations are pre-built and have to be a certain length, that's gonna be a coaster killer for me. If we can adjust the station length i'd be fine with still having pre-built stations, if we can totally design the station bottom up, that will be amazing. The screenshots still look amazing, but stations, ehhhh...

Joe Android
08-13-2015, 11:24 AM
I don't care about the pre built stations. I saving work in building the stations, as we have seen in the image of hyper coaster and wooden coaster, are very realistic and detailed stations, so apart that I'm bad for building things, I don't much care about the station. Anyway it would be nice to include the option to build a station from 0, for those who want to build stations from 0.

Indominus
08-13-2015, 11:25 AM
So for those of you wondering about the "leaked screenshot" this was indeed shot from a low end computer, don't worry refer to the new shots taken yesterday for an idea of what the game looks like on a high-end PC. The "leaked screenshot" indeed shows how the game scales to different computers and is still able to render everything in real-time for the purposes of demonstration. Additionally, the concern about the shadows and muted colors in the shot is due to the fact that that was taken with clouds enabled in the game. Just like in real life this causes the light to fall flat and the colors to mute - definitely a setting we are still tweaking after reading your feedback! That said, I will try and write a blog in the future talking about some of the graphics scaling a bit more technically using a variety of settings and also showing it off in a variety of shots.

Also a side note on banked turns. Of course there are banked turns for the coasters! I'll make sure we take a screenshot next time showing them off!

Thanks for clearing that up,I have a question:
Is this the final look for the wooden coaster track? The railings on the side of the track are just flying above it without any support, will this be updated? Thanks again! :)

Indominus
08-13-2015, 11:33 AM
Comment

I look at the new pictures of the wooden coaster, and I imagine the coaster riding past the station while people are waiting, and a thing that would finish this: Realistic wooden coaster sounds!
I hated the sounds in RCT3, I prefer the ones from in RCT2 much more!

Joe Android
08-13-2015, 11:35 AM
I couldn't see any line mentioning anything about a variety of stations - just themes.
Sure? ;)

''·Are there different coaster loading stations – what do they look like?

·Carrying the idea of theming through, we have stations and cars that fit into our 4 main themes for the game. You now have a variety of different loading stations to choose from and can even match them to a theme – same for the coaster cars.''

rct-uwe
08-13-2015, 11:36 AM
Nice pic of what graphics are possible...
Does it mean we'll get the graphics of the leaked pic @ minimum specs?

But for this screenshot again: The track in the station is to high! You need to lower it.

Hero shot? Can't see it...

I like the free scenery placing.

InfinityHDD
08-13-2015, 11:41 AM
The hype is so real now. I can't wait to play this!

Palaber1984
08-13-2015, 11:41 AM
I am disappointed of the blog 15. Not really news!

From gamescom the press is telling about Planet Coaster and are surprise by the good quality of the peeps animations and emotions.
And graphics seems great I understand.
We don't know nothing about peeps in RCTW. Maybe the game looks great and so. But what if the peeps animations and emotion ugly and so. I don't no if the rest of the game make it wet!

And the fact that RCTW maybe comes out this year (earlier than PlanetC)makes me believing that Atari just wanna make fast money(maybe not) before they got slammed by PC. PC knows its strength and have no problem coming out later.
Maybe everything is fine and you are just make us curios.
Maybe you don't show us much of curios glances by (Planet coaster). They do it even too.

I come to this Game and Forum maybe of loyalty to the franchis (in real I had to go to Planet Coaster, cause they have produced the previous games and they deserves it).
But I am still here. I wanna be part of development to game. Not only me. Everyone here. We are giving critics and hope to got a great game(hope the best game) for that.

sry for critic words, but only critics have the power of changing ;),

thanks for reading

Joe Android
08-13-2015, 11:47 AM
I am disappointed of the blog 15. Not really news!

From gamescom the press is telling about Planet Coaster and are surprise by the good quality of the peeps animations and emotions.
And graphics seems great I understand.
We don't know nothing about peeps in RCTW. Maybe the game looks great and so. But what if the peeps animations and emotion ugly and so. I don't no if the rest of the game make it wet!

And the fact that RCTW maybe comes out this year (earlier than PlanetC)makes me believing that Atari just wanna make fast money(maybe not) before they got slammed by PC. PC knows its strength and have no problem coming out later.
Maybe everything is fine and you are just make us curios.
Maybe you don't show us much of curios glances by (Planet coaster). They do it even too.

I come to this Game and Forum maybe of loyalty to the franchis (in real I had to go to Planet Coaster, cause they have produced the previous games and they deserves it).
But I am still here. I wanna be part of development to game. Not only me. Everyone here. We are giving critics and hope to got a great game(hope the best game) for that.

sry for critic words, but only critics have the power of changing ;),

thanks for reading

Viewing the Nvizzio talent, I don't think that the peeps going to be ugly.

It is true that we haven't news of this Gamescom, or the awaited gameplay, but I think all this is the best, so I think that they prefer to show that in the PAX Prime, will be a lot of surprises.

By the way, I see many articles saying that Planet Coaster peeps are impressive, but we haven't seen any image of that, and any image in-game of Planet Coaster. At least Atari show us their game in the dev blogs. :)

Thompso
08-13-2015, 12:12 PM

Thank you, I actually have an old gaming computer fron 2008 as well but it's a Windows vista.

I will wait till December to get deals on CPU parts and graphics cards.

Future RCT
08-13-2015, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the clarification Mattlab. :)

MattDratt
08-13-2015, 12:48 PM
Thanks for clearing that up,I have a question:
Is this the final look for the wooden coaster track? The railings on the side of the track are just flying above it without any support, will this be updated? Thanks again! :)

It could just be the level of detail. The further away you are, the models switch to a less demanding version. This happens in literally every game. So I'm sure up close they won't be just floating. Unless they actually are now and it's still a work in progress.

SparkyUK
08-13-2015, 01:02 PM
Sure? ;)

''·Are there different coaster loading stations – what do they look like?

·Carrying the idea of theming through, we have stations and cars that fit into our 4 main themes for the game. You now have a variety of different loading stations to choose from and can even match them to a theme – same for the coaster cars.''

lol that's because I was on the nightshift waiting for the last blog, and got 4hrs sleep! :D

Can't argue with that, lol.

Joe Android
08-13-2015, 01:05 PM
lol that's because I was on the nightshift waiting for the last blog, and got 4hrs sleep! :D

Can't argue with that, lol.

Hahaha, don't worry then, I was also on the night shift. :p

Aqua-Chan
08-13-2015, 01:25 PM
Was anyone else in a public place trying to contain them self from making a scene?

ddef12
08-13-2015, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the clarification Mattlab. I have a feeling the leaked screenshot was the shot promised in blog 14 showing the troika in game.

When it was leaked they reverted to releasing the wooden station pics, which is fine by me.

Mattlab, you can do so much damage control with a simple reply. Which is what I appreciate more. Interacting more on forum posts would probably help with a lot of concerns showing up.

I know you are very busy but any interaction is always appreciated. When I'm scrolling and see a post from you I immediately read it with excitement because after the Dev switch, your posts have been very informative and interactive. Keep it up! :)

koekeritis
08-13-2015, 01:59 PM

Thank you!

jchristiansmith
08-13-2015, 02:03 PM

Ah thank you so much for clearing all this up! Would love to see a comparison shot from low to high settings whenever possible. Thanks again!

Marvin
08-13-2015, 02:27 PM
Although the game is starting to look good, there still just feels like something is missing. Where are the peeps? Can we get a shot of more than just one thing at a time? I'm glad graphics and realism are a big priority but have the peeps evolved in any way? How will they behave in the game? Details like that are what will make or break this game. It has to be fun, as well as nice to look at.

Indominus
08-13-2015, 02:30 PM
If they could recreate the feeling of the newest concept art in the game, that would be great.

landmers
08-13-2015, 02:54 PM
I'd just like to say those station screen shots look freakin' amazing!

davadude
08-13-2015, 02:58 PM
Must not hype... must no hype... failed, hyped!

jrud05
08-13-2015, 03:06 PM
I'm very impressed! I hope this game comes out soon, I can't wait much longer. :P

AussieMine
08-13-2015, 03:16 PM
Has banked track not been added to the code yet? Cause I don't see any banking in those coaster turns in the background.

BeerWhiskers
08-13-2015, 04:19 PM
the concern about the shadows and muted colors in the shot is due to the fact that that was taken with clouds enabled in the game. Just like in real life this causes the light to fall flat and the colors to mute - definitely a setting we are still tweaking after reading your feedback!

Mattlab-

Don't tweak the muted colors. I think people's comments were coming from the assumption that the view was a beautiful sunny day.

robinhsluis
08-13-2015, 04:31 PM
looking good... i'm afraid though my computer that runs RCT3 a bit laggy when making a huge park is going to lag very fast after creating a few things. I hope i can turn and tweak the graphical settings like in RCT3 so i can play the game with as less lag as possible

jsqualls14
08-13-2015, 04:46 PM
Do you mean this bit? I noticed that too.

The framing/structure could do with a bit more support, too. Lacking a little there.

yeah thats it

jsqualls14
08-13-2015, 04:48 PM

yayyyyyy thanks

RiqueJaimes
08-13-2015, 04:59 PM
I see that the min spec has been changed from Intel HD to an unnamed 1 gig dedicated graphics. That's a shame.

Nemmie
08-13-2015, 05:30 PM
WOW! Great blog. The features listed sound fab, especially the 360 degree placement thing. that will give so much freedom of creativity in our parks.
Also, those screens were gorgeous. Looks like those sodding traffic lights are gone and Mattlab has confirmed we'll be getting banked turns on coasters so everything looks like it's on the right track.Talking of track, they're hopefully getting over their school-boy error of putting the round spine on the B&M style track, and giving it a lovely square one.
Keep up the good work chaps.

dwwilkin
08-13-2015, 05:32 PM
LIsting all those features was great. Means I have to update the announced features list thread. :-)

Would like to hear more about scenarios as that has been my thing...

RCTW1
08-13-2015, 05:44 PM
I see that the min spec has been changed from Intel HD to an unnamed 1 gig dedicated graphics. That's a shame.

I think it's good that RCTW does require a dedicated video card.

VACkillers
08-13-2015, 06:20 PM

I think it's good that RCTW does require a dedicated video card.

Its very good! seriously you cannot expect in 2015 an intel HD to be acceptable to play games, common now.

Tricky
08-13-2015, 06:45 PM
The stations are too big and I can see a few problems with it. I wanna be able to build indoor-coasters and rides. With these kind of stations I would have to build a roof over the pre-build building. Please make sure you got more smaller and open stations as well. Or make them customizable?

I do like where this game is going so keep up the good work!

Indominus
08-13-2015, 06:52 PM
I'm sure there will be a mod where the roof of the station can be removed when the game is released. And I don't think its to big, it looks good, there are things that could be better and need to be added, but Mattlab said they would add things eventually.

JMR
08-13-2015, 06:56 PM
Wow! Fantastic screenshots! :)

Although it is a shame we didn't get to see the finished twister.

I'd like to echo what others have said, I hope you can manually build the stations.

jerseygrrll
08-13-2015, 08:20 PM
:D Lovely!

Paul_Boland
08-13-2015, 09:20 PM
Mattlab-

the concern about the shadows and muted colors in the shot is due to the fact that that was taken with clouds enabled in the game. Just like in real life this causes the light to fall flat and the colors to mute - definitely a setting we are still tweaking after reading your feedback!

Mattlab-

Don't tweak the muted colors. I think people's comments were coming from the assumption that the view was a beautiful sunny day.

I agree! If RCTW has sunny days, cloudy days, rainy days, snowy days, windy days, etc.... Let's keep them :)!!!

fowllappini
08-13-2015, 11:10 PM
oh my goodness!!!!! I love the quality!!!! I can see the shadows, the sunlight or sunrays ... I can almost hear the creaking sound of the wooden floor ... I love the coaster and the station. Thank you Mattlab and Nvizzio!

RCTW1
08-14-2015, 01:08 AM
I agree! If RCTW has sunny days, cloudy days, rainy days, snowy days, windy days, etc.... Let's keep them :)!!!

Another :D for this.

Gottlos
08-14-2015, 01:37 AM
Great screen shots and I am excited to read that multiplayer will actually be released but it is concerning that it is being pushed off until post release. I am glad it isn't being pushed out unfinished but it kind of sounds like a way to avoid a bad review by waiting to release it until everyone has already given you the money.

Hopefully you are actually taking your time with it and not just holding back a feature you already know is a bust for reviews. I really like this game but the one big draw for me is the multiplayer aspect it really separates it from the previous three games so its kind of a big let down to know its not shipping with the game.

fullscream
08-14-2015, 01:38 AM
Progress is beautiful!
I think the game will be worthy of a RCT .
However, it's possible to see screenshot with RCT the universe?
I would like see visitor under the train, balloon, explosion...
I feel that it is a ghost park

I wish you good luck in any case for the developement . And deliver us an RTC is everyone's dream :)

jensj12
08-14-2015, 06:07 AM
Finally a blog post that makes me want to buy this game. The words 'scenario', 'campaign', 'finances' and 'isometric' did it. I hope the coaster editing will be as easy as NL2 while avoiding crashes is as hard as in RCT1.

Indominus
08-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Would be a waste if they aren't giving us a new trailer at PAX

Big_Boy
08-14-2015, 01:34 PM
Well would love to see some moving items of RCTW instead of steady screens :(. It does look wonderfull ... but is getting time to show us some action video's :o.

BeerWhiskers
08-14-2015, 02:51 PM
Short of getting my hands on the game to see and use things for myself, here's what I think of from reading Blog 15 (and reading between the lines, etc).

The Building Tools

Freeform Object Placement - What excites me about this is the team taking the time to include 'snap-to' and 'brush' placement. What I really want to try here is to see how close to the coaster track I can place a tree on the inside of a curve. I felt annoyed at the way RCT3 handled this. When I read that objects can be placed "at any angle", I wonder if that means I can plant a tree 45 degrees from vertical.

Curved Paths - I really want to see how the peeps move within these paths. From the description of choosing a type and width for a path, then curving it, I assume that these are some kind of spline-based path. I want to see if peeps only walk along the spline, or if the spline and width define an area they can walk anywhere within. I tried to point out in a previous post that people are probably not asking for what they really want here. I think people really want a free-form walking area that could be any shape. Already there are questions about the curved paths being able to support large open plazas, which feeds back into my point. Don't complain if you get what you asked for, when you realize you didn't express yourself accurately. My comments aside, Huzzah! to the team for getting curved paths in to the game!
Track Editor - I will be spending hours and hours in this tool. I'm looking forward to seeing it in action, and I hope it has been given insane amounts of attention and polish.
Terrain and Water - Really looking forward to playing with these tools as well. Overlooking the mention of Fully Deformable Terrain and Water - like we could create a hill of water... Would be fun, and why not have the option, but I'm not taking it literally.
In Game Objects - Reading that there's an "Expansive List" of in-game objects is getting my hopes up. Please be very careful about over-hyping this. My biggest concern here is that I expect to put at least one of EVERY ride and object in my parks without the game crashing or becoming unplayable. A bold and exciting claim, be careful with it.

Customization
Cool. Very cool. Very next-gen. I expect that capabilities in this area will be a bit limited at initial release, and more functionality (perhaps player-created flat rides), will come later. Huzzah again!

Next-Gen Simulation

Park Management - Sounds very cool. Want to see this in action! The Heat Maps seem like a neat idea, and I'm hoping the Tips are not annoying like the notifications in RCT3.
Game Modes - Thank you! This is important to me, and it feels like you really listened to us on this one. Another Huzzah! for the team!
Responsive Environment + Guests - Now this is interesting. I'm reading between the lines a lot here, but the phrase "increase its attractiveness to certain peeps" leads me to think that peep behaviour and individual properties are more complicated (in a good way), and that you listened to what we had to say here too.
Ride Coasters - Yay! -but really, this had to be there. Are people still questioning this?
Innovative Services - I want to see this in action. Janitorial and Mechanical needs seem obvious. I think Entertainment could mean more than Mascots, which is cool. Medical services? Cool! I would assume this means there's a need for medical services -like coasters that are deliberately extreme, or flat rides that have been turned up to eleven. But no Security services mentioned... I would expect they would still be there, so if they aren't mentioned, what other services might also have gone unmentioned? Retail? Food? Construction?

Social Features

Freeform Cameras - "Take a video at any angle" Nice! Also nice that Isometric view is included. Before people start thinking that this means there's a different 2D graphic engine for Isometric view, I would like to point out that this probably just locks the camera into a downward angle, and limits the camera rotations and movements to provide an isometric view feel.
Native Steam Workshop Support - Awesome. Huzzah! again!

Dev Team: Awesome! Thanks! Excite! Go! Win!

Mattlab: Please keep up with the good information/hype ratio. At this point, I'm ready to see the game in action. Actually, I'd love to be in some sort of beta - is that still happening, or have plans changed?

CedarPointFan
08-14-2015, 03:08 PM
Dev Team: Awesome! Thanks! Excite! Go! Win!

Mattlab: Please keep up with the good information/hype ratio. At this point, I'm ready to see the game in action. Actually, I'd love to be in some sort of beta - is that still happening, or have plans changed?

I agree 100%

rctshack
08-14-2015, 03:27 PM
Everything is finally looks nice and pretty... my only concern is that it all still seems to lack personality. My biggest issue with RCT3 was that it was pretty stale and barron. Another coaster game coming out soon, that I won't name, hit the nail on the head with creating personality and life in all their shots... and I have yet to see that in the screenshots.

I know there is a ways to go with this process and that you haven't implements the people yet... but even with scenery and rides... it just seems cookie cutter and lifeless in the screenshots. It's pretty though.

CreamyBeef
08-14-2015, 04:13 PM
This is AWESOME.

Can we talk a bit more about release dates and custom content next time? Apart from that, RCTW is looking amazing and I cannot wait to play it.

CreamyBeef
08-14-2015, 04:27 PM
My only complaint: THE B&M TRACKS ARE COMPLETELY CORRECT - APART FROM THE SIDES. They are circular, not square. It's a very small thing, but it is a make or break for a lot of fans. PLEASE FIX IT!

robinhsluis
08-14-2015, 07:56 PM
Everything is finally looks nice and pretty... my only concern is that it all still seems to lack personality. My biggest issue with RCT3 was that it was pretty stale and barron. Another coaster game coming out soon, that I won't name, hit the nail on the head with creating personality and life in all their shots... and I have yet to see that in the screenshots.

I know there is a ways to go with this process and that you haven't implements the people yet... but even with scenery and rides... it just seems cookie cutter and lifeless in the screenshots. It's pretty though.

perhaps in games like these YOU need to personalize it yourself?

Brillenerd
08-14-2015, 08:16 PM
Is it a typo if the media are plural?

BroadwayPizano
08-14-2015, 10:12 PM
So I can't stop screaming but thAT'S OKAY I GUESS

Aaronroberts
08-14-2015, 11:17 PM
So for those of you wondering about the "leaked screenshot" this was indeed shot from a low end computer

If you're talking about the screenshot with the slide, I personally wouldn't see that as a bad thing, we can't all afford high end computers, So its nice seeing that it still looks very nice on a "low end computer" ;0

BernyMoon
08-14-2015, 11:17 PM
This game looks amazing. I cannot wait!

STEELYJOE75
08-15-2015, 01:23 AM
Short of getting my hands on the game to see and use things for myself, here's what I think of from reading Blog 15 (and reading between the lines, etc).

I didn't want to quote the entire thing as it's pretty long (post #152, page 16), but I couldn't have put any of that better myself. Well done Beer Whiskers. I especially like the point he made about "curved paths". This is exactly what I think we are all hoping for. Thanks for the great post!

1wolffan
08-15-2015, 02:16 AM
Ah thank you so much for clearing all this up! Would love to see a comparison shot from low to high settings whenever possible. Thanks again!
This would be very interesting to me too. I have what was a high-end Laptop from early 2014 (specs picked to run Skyrim on Ultra). It's probably blown out of the water now by new laptops and PCs. So it would be nice to see a variety of screen shots at various resolutions and detail-settings (and weather conditions, since you have them).

koekeritis
08-15-2015, 04:26 AM
I didn't want to quote the entire thing as it's pretty long (post #152, page 16), but I couldn't have put any of that better myself. Well done Beer Whiskers. I especially like the point he made about "curved paths". This is exactly what I think we are all hoping for. Thanks for the great post!

Yup, Beer Whiskers, you nailed it.

sbeamers
08-15-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm probably too old to be playing this, but having played every version of RCT, I'm excited about what has happened so far. Atari listened to the fans and did a 180 degree turn around, and looks like the change is going to put this game at the number 1 spot for a while. Really looking forward to buying this game. Thank you for the hard work!!

Underdisc
08-15-2015, 09:57 PM
Excellent work on the content you have been showing off thus far. The visual style of the game is coming together better than I could have imagined, especially after the teaser trailer. I am just curious, but is there any actual gameplay footage released, or are we going to have to wait until PAX Prime to see that?

EmSay
08-16-2015, 08:04 AM
Thanks a Lot Atari adn Nvizio. All of this sounds great. Love you guys.

k1ng r4t
08-16-2015, 02:25 PM
I also loved BeerWhiskers post and agree with everything 100%. Hopefully they'll really take his thoughts into account! And as someone who built a lot of underground parks where janitors and peeps could be difficult to see, heat maps sound brilliant!

I'm also curious if the free form camera will be used instead of a first person peep. This seems unlikely since a) this has been one of the most requested features since the game came out, and b) games like TPS tried it and it's actually kind of clunky and awkward to use. I'm sure these guys follow TPS closely though and are going to take and improve a lot of ideas from there. However if done right I suppose this could be the right alternative.

My favorite thing here is that pretty much every feature on this list was directly requested by us the fans. That is so amazing. The future is now!

I'm also glad this is actually shaping up, and we're not experiencing another Duke Nukem.

For a few requests of my own -

I'd really like to hear more about the peeps themselves, aka how they interact with misc objects, how strongly they're affected by placement/color schemes, hopefully an improved "hungry/thirty/happiness" system that actually matters (aka they're hungry so they won't walk by 10 different food stalls trying to get to the hamburger hut on the other side of the park, even though they just passed one), things like that.

I am still quite curious if pools will be available on release.

Also the day/night, open/close cycle that was such a big topic, I'm very curious what they've done here.

And most importantly for me, underground parks! How they're done, if they're all blocky, how they can be manipulated, how easy it is to place things, how easy it is to manage service employees...all that good stuff. After curved paths this is what I have been dying to know most. Please make my dreams come true! But on that note...

Wow! Just, wow! This post has made my week! I've been so busy lately I haven't been able to contribute to the forums and am just antsy all the time instead. But for now I have plenty to dream and think on until the next update. :o

DonSPa
08-16-2015, 03:27 PM
honestly I myself think we are due to finally have some kind of vid of the game after all these months instead of screenshots.Id like to see the different weather and lighting patterns,the people would be very very welcomed to be able to see,or even see a coaster flying by water to see the FX.To see the different coasters,concessions etc ,just a full blown vid to ease most of the fans worries.To me reading all the posts there still are a number of peeps who are concerned and a vid would help

SuddenStorm
08-16-2015, 10:01 PM
Overall, I was very disappointed by this Blog post. Mattlab told us about the game play, without showing us the game play. Don't tell us how much people like the game play, then not have anything to show for it. A majority of the post was spent restating the things that it says on the Steam page, which is kind of unnecessary. I would have liked information on what the restaurants, guests, ride effects, dark rides, or anything. We have already seen a screenshot showing us the improved stations, and it is a given the wooden coaster will be an option in the game, so the screenshots were of the wrong thing. With the release date so close, I would love more information, and a trailer, to accompany the game. Most games have a game play trailer released this close to the game release. I am excited for the game, but with so little functional information to go off of, it is hard to be hyped for it.

k1ng r4t
08-17-2015, 01:35 AM
I'm sure they're holding off the trailer release till PAX, but I'm almost positive that's when we'll see it.

Big_Boy
08-17-2015, 11:13 AM
Wondering when they gonne start the BETA fase off the game, still want to see moving parts of the game instead of screenshots :(

trolleyguy8
08-17-2015, 10:11 PM

That's kind of disappointing. My older computer has a 512 MB video card and my newer one has Intel 4600 graphics - I've been putting off buying a video card for it because the Intel 4600 works just fine with all the other games I play, even on higher settings. Apparently it can allocate up to 1.7 GB for the graphics. That being significantly more than the minimum 1GB, would it maybe work on low settings, even though it isn't dedicated? I know it has to share the RAM and CPU since its dynamic and not dedicated... If it doesn't work I'll just have to go buy a new video card.
This game is kind of aimed at a different group of people that hardcore gamers. I'm not a hardcore gamer. And most non-hardcore gamers will not go and buy a $50+ video card just so that they can play Rollercoaster Tycoon.
I did not think that the "leaked screenshot" looked bad - I thought it looked perfectly fine. If Atari can make the game work on low settings on newer Intel built-it graphics, I think that they'll reach a lot more customers.
As for me, the screenshots look great, I think I'll be getting a new graphics card! I would love to see custom stations and not pre-built ones (or at least a generic design that you can change in length and build around with scenery walls). I also saw Linux is now a supported operating system! Thank you! Maybe I can even coax my older computer (running Lubuntu) to start RCTW up now! It runs so much better when I'm using Lubuntu than when I'm using Windows.

Finzz
08-17-2015, 11:03 PM

Steam still says:

MINIMUM:

Processor: 2.3 Ghz Core i5 or AMD equivalent

That's kind of disappointing. My older computer has a 512 MB video card and my newer one has Intel 4600 graphics - I've been putting off buying a video card for it because the Intel 4600 works just fine with all the other games I play, even on higher settings...

...This game is kind of aimed at a different group of people that hardcore gamers. I'm not a hardcore gamer. And most non-hardcore gamers will not go and buy a $50+ video card just so that they can play Rollercoaster Tycoon. I did not think that the "leaked screenshot" looked bad - I thought it looked perfectly fine. If Atari can make the game work on low settings on newer Intel built-it graphics, I think that they'll reach a lot more customers.

Well I would like to question the games you play on max settings with that card ("new" AAA games). While I will agree with you that it should run on a lower DirectX for the more "casual" gamers...I don't see a reason to complain about the game being tailored to a new group of players. There's no reason to not take this game to the next level that every other game has gone. I don't mean to complain...but 2.4GHz processors have been affordable since around 2006-2007. If you're running something older than that, then yes, it is time to upgrade to something more modern. Windows Vista has been out since 2007 as well and RAM is cheaper than it has ever been. If you can spend $60 on this game, then you can spend $60 on another 2GB of newer RAM. I'm sure there's stuff you can cut back on in your budget. You do have a monthly budget?

trolleyguy8
08-17-2015, 11:37 PM
Steam still says:
Well I would like to question the games you play on max settings with that card ("new" AAA games). While I will agree with you that it should run on a lower DirectX for the more "casual" gamers...I don't see a reason to complain about the game being tailored to a new group of players. There's no reason to not take this game to the next level that every other game has gone. I don't mean to complain...but 2.4GHz processors have been affordable since around 2006-2007. If you're running something older than that, then yes, it is time to upgrade to something more modern. Windows Vista has been out since 2007 as well and RAM is cheaper than it has ever been. If you can spend $60 on this game, then you can spend $60 on another 2GB of newer RAM. I'm sure there's stuff you can cut back on in your budget. You do have a monthly budget?
Admittedly, most of the games that I play are not very graphically demanding - And I really should have a graphics card anyways. And I will get one if I need one, I can easily afford one. All my other specs are well above the relatively conservative minimum requirements other than the graphics - I just never had the need for a video card yet on my new computer because the Intel 4600 graphics work better than I expect on all the games I play (including a couple AAA games, admittedly a year or two old). I am even still running AAA games released just in the past few years on my older 10 year old dinosaur of a computer. I just think that if Atari is targeting the casual game that played the previous RCT games, they will have to realize that most people do not have a dedicated video card and even if they would buy one, they never have and never will open up their computers to install it. I completely agree that there should be higher graphics settings for those with the hardware, and the 4k screenshots look great! Maybe this topic deserves a thread of its own...

jkay1993
08-18-2015, 02:26 AM
I did not think that the "leaked screenshot" looked bad - I thought it looked perfectly fine. If Atari can make the game work on low settings on newer Intel built-it graphics, I think that they'll reach a lot more customers.

Please link me to the "leaked" shot?

James
08-18-2015, 05:51 AM
Nvizzio and Atari know that most of their target market are not gamers who are considered hardcore. It's all about balance. They need to make sure they can accommodate as many of the target market as they can, and varying specs is one way they can do that.

Joe Android
08-18-2015, 10:09 AM
Please link me to the "leaked" shot?

Here ;):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5fgko3uqd5la2jb/Wooden%20Coaster%20Gamescom%20Reveal%20Shot%20-%20RCTW.png?dl=0

Finzz
08-18-2015, 07:16 PM
Nvizzio and Atari know that most of their target market are not gamers who are considered hardcore. It's all about balance. They need to make sure they can accommodate as many of the target market as they can, and varying specs is one way they can do that.

I beg to differ. You also have to remember that everyone who grew up playing the old games (I was 8 when RCT 1 was released) can now afford a better computer and isn't a kid anymore. Of course the entire community isn't all "hardcore" gamers (a loosely thrown around term these days...), but the majority of people, and gamers in general, now play their games on better hardware than back then.

I'm not saying they should segregate the RCT community because of this, but I know a lot of fans and a lot of people here want to see the RCT that they have been waiting 10+ years for!

Markov
08-19-2015, 12:07 AM
Here ;):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5fgko3uqd5la2jb/Wooden%20Coaster%20Gamescom%20Reveal%20Shot%20-%20RCTW.png?dl=0

Ehh, I don't like how that looks..Maybe it's just the park. I wish Atari would compare screenshots between low to high graphic settings.

DonSPa
08-19-2015, 04:28 AM
Ehh, I don't like how that looks..Maybe it's just the park. I wish Atari would compare screenshots between low to high graphic settings.I don't think its tooo bad for low res,just wondering wheres the peeps though lol,would have loved to see the higher res as well like u said

CreamyBeef
08-19-2015, 09:02 AM
May have been mentioned before but I want more track detail. Brakes, wires, block segments, proximity sensors etc

Joe Android
08-19-2015, 10:13 AM
Ehh, I don't like how that looks..Maybe it's just the park. I wish Atari would compare screenshots between low to high graphic settings.

This picture was taken from a low quality computer, with minimum graphics, even the game looks good in low graphics, much better than RCT3 on low graphics.

This image was taken to see the difference in the game having the graphics to a minimum or maximum. When we compare that with this other image of the wooden coaster station image that was taken at the maximum graphics, you'll see the difference:

You see the difference, right? :)

RCT3 on minimum graphics it looked too ugly, distorted tracks, and shadows too ugly, at least RCTW in minimum graphics maintains a clean aesthetic, with nothing distorted, I would even say that I would not care playing RCTW in low graphics. Good job of Nvizzio.

Markov
08-19-2015, 01:03 PM
I don't think its tooo bad for low res,just wondering wheres the peeps though lol,would have loved to see the higher res as well like u said

im anxious to see how the peeps will look as well. Hopefully Atari will screenshot them in blog 16.

RCTW1
08-19-2015, 02:04 PM
Is Nvizzio using AMD (ATI) or Nvidia optimization this time for RCTW. I'm hoping you're using Nvidia this time around.

CreamyBeef
08-19-2015, 02:27 PM
We really need to see peeps. I hope you can have thousands of peeps like you would in a real park.

PrefoX
08-19-2015, 04:17 PM
Are y'all using AMD (ATI) or Nvidia this time for RCTW. I'm hoping you're using Nvidia instead this time around.

why? does it make any difference for you?... it should work with both Brands.

DonSPa
08-19-2015, 04:43 PM
This picture was taken from a low quality computer, with minimum graphics, even the game looks good in low graphics, much better than RCT3 on low graphics.

This image was taken to see the difference in the game having the graphics to a minimum or maximum. When we compare that with this other image of the wooden coaster station image that was taken at the maximum graphics, you'll see the difference:

RCT3 on minimum graphics it looked too ugly, distorted tracks, and shadows too ugly, at least RCTW in minimum graphics maintains a clean aesthetic, with nothing distorted, I would even say that I would not care playing RCTW in low graphics. Good job of Nvizzio.

I do like the image matt gave us compared to the "leak",the shadowing looked great and that was on a dreary day,cant wait to actually see the differences in the days cycles.Not sure if they are just going to have different lighting from sunny to dreary or if they are actually going to have weather.Would love to have the graphics so intense that they actually have rain and maybe in the distance u can see lightning shooting out of the clouds followed by a loud BOOM.Not sure if they will implement this but one can dream lol

RCTW1
08-19-2015, 05:08 PM
why? does it make any difference for you?... it should work with both Brands.

I know that.
I know Atari used ATI for RCT3, I believe that Nvidia is a better choice for RCTW because of the features they offer.

ddrplaya4638
08-19-2015, 05:11 PM
People have both... so I'm sure it's optimized for both.

Markov
08-19-2015, 05:31 PM

ohhh okay, now I understand. Thanks for breaking it down for me. ^_^

Big_Boy
08-20-2015, 11:04 AM
it is realy sound less here about the game.

I hope it is good sign for a next update but i doubt it. Still wondering what to thing about the game i read good things but i see to less to decided to pre order ...

I know every RCT game out of my head i spend HOURS DAYS MONTHS off gameplay on these games.

I hope but i do hope that next update shows us a 5 tot 15 minutes ingame footage off gameplay, building paths, a coaster, a shop, or what evver.

DonSPa
08-20-2015, 04:40 PM
now that we know that they will have a playable game at pax,hopefully someone from the forum will be there and if we dont get a vid or something that someone can confirm the game plays and looks good

Indominus
08-20-2015, 05:15 PM
We sure will see some gameplay soon.

jerseygrrll
08-21-2015, 10:15 AM
I know that we are all anxious to see more. One thing to keep in mind, however, is that this is a business. There are many, many pressing concerns that need to be addressed on a daily basis, not just for RCTW. I would rather them take their time and release a great game and provide info when they can. It can be very discouraging to the creators, artists and programmers to be hit with continual criticism when they release even a smidgeon of information. It appears Atari, Mattlab and Nvizzio are taking our concerns seriously. I, for one, shall hope for the best.

Joe Android
08-21-2015, 10:19 AM
I know that we are all anxious to see more. One thing to keep in mind, however, is that this is a business. There are many, many pressing concerns that need to be addressed on a daily basis, not just for RCTW. I would rather them take their time and release a great game and provide info when they can. It can be very discouraging to the creators, artists and programmers to be hit with continual criticism when they release even a smidgeon of information. It appears Atari, Mattlab and Nvizzio are taking our concerns seriously. I, for one, shall hope for the best.

RCTW is in good hands (Nvizzio), so don't worry about a bad game. Furthermore, they will show the game to the public in the PAX, including a playable demo, so this gives me think that they have, in general, the game finished, just missing polish some details.

ddrplaya4638
08-21-2015, 10:33 AM
I just hope we get a blog today showing us something prior to pax.