PDA

View Full Version : Real Theme Parks in RCT World

BowlerNK300
12-18-2014, 06:06 PM
Will there be real theme parks and waterparks in this game like...
- Disneyland Resort Parks
- Walt Disney World Resort Parks
- Six Flags Theme Parks
- Silverwood Theme Park/Boulder Beach Waterpark
- Knott's Berry Farm
- Gofland Sunsplash
- Roaring Springs Waterpark
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- Universal Studios Orlando

dwwilkin
12-18-2014, 07:04 PM
And add to your list Cedar Rapids
Coney Island
Santa Cruz Boardwalk

but licensing usually means that we, the Gamer, have to build such a park on our own.

paterdave2
12-18-2014, 07:57 PM
don't forget some great european parks.
Like: Disneyland resort Paris
Europapark
Phantasialan
Efteling
Walibi parcs

PixelPlayer
12-18-2014, 10:55 PM
The licence costs would cut in to developing more game play features which i would prefer anyway. With enough features we can create them ourselves without the need for Atari to fork out in licences fees.

ffpoke
12-19-2014, 12:35 AM
Make them DLC content to extend the games development and avoid some of the costs associated with real life stuff. Look at pinball arcade some dlc's include 1 table because of cost like terminator 2 table. Use Kick starter to fund some licensing and pay enough and get like in game bonus and contests only for kick starters.

PixelPlayer
12-19-2014, 01:22 AM
Make them DLC content to extend the games development and avoid some of the costs associated with real life stuff. Look at pinball arcade some dlc's include 1 table because of cost like terminator 2 table. Use Kick starter to fund some licensing and pay enough and get like in game bonus and contests only for kick starters.

Would you want parks that users can create as DLC, even though users can share their parks for free or something more like water park expansion, animals etc?

pas sebas 12#
12-19-2014, 06:42 AM
dont forguet parks like portaventura, alton towers, blackpool pleasure beach in europe
disney sea tokyo, ferrari land in asia and busch gardens tampa bay/williambsburg and dollywood in USA

dwwilkin
12-19-2014, 11:06 AM
My earlier post was meant as sarcasm

Licensing constraints will mean that many of the Parks people ask for will never be sold by Atari as a game element. Even former parks that are now defunct can not be sold because there are rights holders to the name.

So that leaves us all in the same place we have been with RCT3. Make our own.

We do not know yet if RCTW will have as robust a system as RCT3. We may have to return to RCT3 and use that to recreate these wonderful parks.

That however has been the charm of the series and perhaps the intention of Chris Sawyer since inception, that we would be able to make all the great parks in the world for our use in this simulation, as well, of course, as taking our minds anywhere they will go with our own unique creations.

Keeping this list perpetuating will not serve much purpose but to make a list of all the Parks of the world, and that can be found elsewhere at other websites.

Guy_With_A_Stick
12-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Well, RCT2 had a Six Flags partnership, and I think RCT1 had a Cedar Fair one? Anyways, couldn't RCTW have some sort of partnership? Even if it's a loose one like in RCT3 with GeForce from Holiday Park and a few Hershey things. Pre-made parks from real places would be nice. You could do something where the company gave up on the park and you have to save it... You get my point.

LooseKid187
12-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Thats One thing i liked about RCT2, The Real theme Parks, Six Flags ones :)