PDA

View Full Version : RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog #14

Mattlab
07-31-2015, 05:47 PM
Discussion of RCTW Blog Post #14 (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-production-blog-14/)

Dear Fans,

This week I’ll be doing things a bit differently on the blog. To give you more insight into our development process, I’ve invited one of our senior artists from Nvizzio, Steph, to write a guest blog on the method applied by the art team to go from a concept to a full in-game object. It’s a revealing behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to create coasters, rides, and other assets you’ll be interacting with. It should also give you, aspiring content creators, some inspiration to one day make your own RCTW game assets to share with the world via the Steam Workshop.

But before I hand over the reins of this week’s blog, here’s a quick update on the status of production. The whole team is working hard to finish a build of the game in preparation for Gamescom, which we’ll be showing to press next week. The art team has finished up work on more coasters and tracks – one of which will be featured in our next big “hero shot” reveal. And lastly, the community team has been busy working on our website refresh, and just yesterday launched the newly redone forums. We’ll have much more information and news on RCTW after Gamescom, so be on the lookout!

Now without further delay, here’s Steph to offer us a behind-the-scenes peek into the development work of RollerCoaster Tycoon World!

Best,
Mattlab
Atari Executive Producer
Team RCTW

Below RCTW Guest Blog By
http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Nvizzio-Logo-Black-Sm.png?9de0fa (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Nvizzio-Logo-Black-Sm.png?9de0fa)

“Hello everyone! I’m Steph, one of the senior artists at Nvizzio and RCTW. Today I wanted to talk about Flat Rides. As you know, flat rides are the stepping stones towards a beautiful park. They are pre-built, ready-to-go attractions that most of you will use for your first park income. We want to share how those Flat Rides are made and show you how things are done here at the studio. Flat Rides offer the perfect opportunity to display our process from conception and ideation to final product. We’ll use the Twister ride as an example.

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/twister-1100x606.png?9de0fa (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/twister.png?9de0fa)Twister Ride: Concept Art

The Concept Phase

It all begins with our team of concept artists, who develop ideas from a photo reference and use that to sketch a complete piece of concept art. Before setting pen to tablet, they research real-world rides and note details like mechanisms, ride capacity, and materials. At the studio, we have documentation on the measurements of real rides from around the world, to be as close as possible to reality while keeping our unique RCT style. Once they have drawn an initial concept (in the case of the Twister this includes the cars, supports, control booth, lights, and other mechanisms) they then compare their drawing against the standard sizes of other park assets like peeps, paths, and coasters to ensure proper sizing and proportions. With that, we now have a complete concept ready for the next phase of the art pipeline. At this point, the artists meet with the rest of the team to have everything approved before we model it in 3D.

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Twister-3D-1100x619.png?9de0fa (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Twister-3D.png?9de0fa)Twister Ride: 3D Rendering

Making the 3D Model

The concept art of the Twister is now given to us 3D artists who will make a model using software such as 3DS MAX and ZBrush. As seen in the picture above, the model is completely un-textured and allows us to see it in 3D space for the first time. It’s amazing to see the transformation from 2D art to full 3D, and often times we find ourselves adding additional little details at this stage to make the asset more realistic and polished.

Next, the models must be unwrapped and baked before we can begin texturing (this is what gives everything its color and realistic feel). The artists create their textures or pulls them from an internal texture bank for things like concrete, wood, and steel materials. We use themed palettes according to each ride’s tone to ensure coherence. This is actually one of the most time-intensive parts of the process, since it’s extremely important to make sure everything looks like it’s made from actual real-world materials. It is also the stage at which we make sure our creations match the general theme, colors, sizes, and feel of the rest of the game.

During this stage, we also pull the 3D model into Unity, which allows us to see the models in the park, for the first time. Once the texture and model have been approved, it’s ready to be animated.
This process will be comparable to what we will offer with UGC, allowing you to take a file from a 3D editing program and convert it into something the game can recognize.

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/TwisterRideUnity-1100x798.png?9de0fa (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/TwisterRideUnity.png?9de0fa)Twister Ride: Textured and in Unity 5

Animation
Where our concept artists and 3D modelers create the ride, the animators make it come to life. Already at concept stage, they start the process by researching how the ride should move and react to peeps. Their research involves watching videos of real rides and recreating the movement in 3D, and sometimes even visiting real-life themeparks to understand how the rides actually work (don’t we all wish we had this job!).

Animating starts with rigging. This is where we create a skeleton for the 3D model, allowing it to be manipulated in 3DS Max or Maya. Once a model is rigged, the animator creates the different sets of the ride’s animations that will be used by the engine.

The Final Phase – Integration

Now with the model, texture, and animations ready, the artists work with our programmers to implement the Twister ride into the game. We doublecheck everything by placing the ride in the game, cycling through the animations for one last look and then hooking it up to the UI. Our design team then sets the parameters for the ride (excitement, nausea, intensity, safety, etc) and it’s finally ready for your peeps to enjoy!

This process is repeated day in and day out to give your peeps a robust set of in-game objects to enjoy. We are working hard at the studio to really give you the tools to make your dream park! Our goal is to give you enough at the very launch of the game to ensure every park feels unique and special. We also work daily with our programming team to revise our tools to make sure they are easy to use by our future UGC community.

Come back for RCTW’s next blog to see the final in-game shot of the Twister alongside some other amazing reveals!

Steph
Nvizzio Creations
Team RCTW”

ncutt010
07-31-2015, 05:53 PM
Sweeeettt...I'm excited..lol..I didn't even read it yet :)
After reading it I'm just as excited..thanks Steph for providing us that in depth behind the seems look...it was very interesting!
For me, it all comes down to next week's gameplay demonstration at gamescom.

MrStripy
07-31-2015, 05:55 PM
Sweeeettt...I'm excited..lol..I didn't even read it yet :)

Excited same

MrStripy
07-31-2015, 05:56 PM
That's a sexy flatride

Kombiice
07-31-2015, 06:01 PM
wow !!

VACkillers
07-31-2015, 06:02 PM
Fantastic blog! been waiting all day for this haha...

Kombiice
07-31-2015, 06:02 PM
troTroika Ride !!

jackk
07-31-2015, 06:06 PM
Nice! Steph sounds just like you though Matt ;)

Hope we don't have to wait another full week for another one of these reveals! So exciting.

jackk
07-31-2015, 06:07 PM
It's only concept art right now.. Don't get to excited!

Kombiice
07-31-2015, 06:07 PM
So many warnings and gameobjects in unity :D:D

Indominus
07-31-2015, 06:08 PM
Looks very nice! I can't wait for gamescom.

jackk
07-31-2015, 06:08 PM
I also really hope that paths can curve around that circular shape! Please guys.

ddrplaya4638
07-31-2015, 06:11 PM
Looks good. Give me a release date already!!!!

Indominus
07-31-2015, 06:12 PM
I also really hope that paths can curve around that circular shape! Please guys.

Yes! Make it happen Mattlab!

Kombiice
07-31-2015, 06:12 PM
now i'm too hyped for next post o.O hope to see it next week !!

ncutt010
07-31-2015, 06:13 PM
Hey Steph, u just had to blur out the list in the last screenshot? It probaly was a list of other projects (other flat rides)...wasnt it? :)

0BobTheJanitor
07-31-2015, 06:14 PM
Haha, that hierarchy. :p

Kombiice
07-31-2015, 06:14 PM
woow !! moaar

Joe Android
07-31-2015, 06:25 PM
When the monument to Nvizzio?

These guys are geniuses!

Bakgrund
07-31-2015, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the blog, I've never appreciated all the work that goes into creating in-game objects such as flat rides, seems like it's pretty time-consumnig.

Keep up the hard work!

Caine
07-31-2015, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the great devblog, Mattlab & Steph. And thanks to all at Nvizzio, thanks to your work my hopes for the new RCT returned and are at the level they were when Atari announced RCTW first.

I'm very curious what this "big hero reveal" will be and I'm looking forward to see it.

Steph: Thanks for the look behind the curtains, it is interesting to see the concept ats and how you work to implement it in the game, now I want to see how the Twister looks ingame in a scenery ;)

ExtraCheese
07-31-2015, 06:51 PM
this... is... AWESOME! Best blog post so far! I love how you guys give us insight in the developing process. The twister is of course an all time favorite and I can't wait to see it in a full game screenshot. Perhaps more footage with gamescon? It's great that you guys attend and it's a huge oppertunity for everyone to see how you guys improved the game!

Oblitious16
07-31-2015, 06:58 PM
WOW! Now this is the type of blog I love to see. An inside view on the development of the game always makes me excited. Well done!

SparkyUK
07-31-2015, 07:10 PM
Welcome to the mad house, Steph. Really enjoyed reading your blog, and look forward to the next update. You guys have really turned this around in a very short amount of time!

Carlos Menezes
07-31-2015, 07:30 PM
Wow! As someone who is really addicted to create Custom Content (as I work with CFH Rides), I am really excited about this! Can't wait to try it out.

dwwilkin
07-31-2015, 07:30 PM
A very strong article, and very in-depth. The only thing that could have made it more, would be a three second snippet of the ride actually running. This is the kind of weekly update I think everyone has been looking for since the forums have started.

LilyValley
07-31-2015, 07:46 PM
Very, very nice. The Twister looks realistic and streamlined. What I really want to see is maybe an animation, but that's going to be soon.

RandyChimp
07-31-2015, 07:46 PM
Excellent blog post, always interesting to see how this sort of thing is done.

DonSPa
07-31-2015, 07:49 PM

why not???we've gone thru months and months of not even knowing what kind of work to expect or even if the game was even gonna be a reality,concept art or not at least its something,the art looks great I can only imagine what the actual product will look like,after gamescon i have the feeling we will start seeing vids of the work,so until then even a concept art is something to get excited about,gives us much more appreciation on the work they are going thru

keeper262
07-31-2015, 07:50 PM
Looks great! Thanks for the update.

Carlos Menezes
07-31-2015, 08:01 PM
Wow! As someone who is really addicted to create Custom Content (as I work with CFH Rides), I am really excited about this! Can't wait to try it out.

CreamyBeef
07-31-2015, 08:08 PM
Looks great. RCTW is getting better and better!

ColossusInferno
07-31-2015, 08:17 PM
After all of that and no ingame photo of it :(? Shame we have to wait till next blogpost.
Guess I'm being impatient, just want to see ingame stuff, I'm a gamer I don't care about how the game is made, just want to play it 😜😅 Thanks for the blogpost though, release date soon please 😝😭?!

darkhorizon
07-31-2015, 08:33 PM
It looks really, REALLY good. Thank you Steph for outlining that process, certainly very interesting!

One question, however: will this ride (and others) be recolorable? Right now it just has blue, orange and pink for the cars, and purple for the rest of the structure. What if we wanted a different color scheme?

Besides that, everything is looking great!!

warcat61
07-31-2015, 08:35 PM
Thank you Matt and Steph for the blogpost. Thank You Steph for an inside look at what is entailed to make a flat ride. Question if I may, how long did it take from step 1 to the final step? I think if that were known it might ease those that are impatient to realize how long it will take, ball park figure of course, on when a final release date would happen.

robinhsluis
07-31-2015, 08:43 PM
One question, however: will this ride (and others) be recolorable? Right now it just has blue, orange and pink for the cars, and purple for the rest of the structure. What if we wanted a different color scheme?

Are you even serious? :confused:

darkhorizon
07-31-2015, 08:57 PM
Are you even serious? :confused:

I am serious. If you would look at the screenshots of it in Unity, the bottom right-hand side you see the list of materials (blue, orange, pink, etc). In RCT3 to make custom scenery recolorable you have to use primary colors (RGB). I'm just wondering if they are using a different recoloring system, or whatever.

It's a legit question, hop off.

jchristiansmith
07-31-2015, 08:59 PM
Looks amazing! Can't wait to see more structures if they all have this much attention to detail! Love the look of the models shown so far too. They feel like real structures and not the paper-cut-out buildings and rides in RCT3.

No it's not? She just said we would see the ride in-game next week and only the first image is concept art. The other two are full 3D models that will be used in-game. It's definitely not just a concept right now, otherwise they wouldn't write up a whole blog about it.

Wayne
07-31-2015, 09:04 PM
I am serious. If you would look at the screenshots of it in Unity, the bottom right-hand side you see the list of materials (blue, orange, pink, etc). In RCT3 to make custom scenery recolorable you have to use primary colors (RGB). I'm just wondering if they are using a different recoloring system, or whatever.

It is a legit concern. But they have not said anything about it yet and I have hopes we will be able to! This has been the best blog post yet so thank you Steph and Mattlab!! So excited for the next blog post this has been a amazing step between Atari and the community!!!

0BobTheJanitor
07-31-2015, 10:26 PM

I would say there are different textures for different colors, but if that were the case only the cars would be colored, as other textures such as "gondola_arm" aren't marked as a color scheme like "gondola_blue". Just a thought.

darkhorizon
07-31-2015, 10:33 PM
I would say there are different textures for different colors, but if that were the case only the cars would be colored, as other textures such as "gondola_arm" aren't marked as a color scheme like "gondola_blue". Just a thought.

Yeah, who knows. I'm sure we will be able to change the colors, I'm just curious as to how.

I'm hoping we are able to use some sort of "color wheel" so we can really get specific with our color scheme. In RCT3 there are only like 20-ish colors to choose from.

freez99313
07-31-2015, 10:55 PM
discussion of rctw blog post #14 (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-production-blog-14/)

sooooo excited!!!:d

Wayne
07-31-2015, 11:05 PM
Yeah, who knows. I'm sure we will be able to change the colors, I'm just curious as to how.

I'm hoping we are able to use some sort of "color wheel" so we can really get specific with our color scheme. In RCT3 there are only like 20-ish colors to choose from.

It could be like the others, but again we will find out! I'm sure they would have some color changer available to us if not that could be a big no no. But again I do not see them making these rides and not giving us the chance to edit the colors. But I'm so excited for the next blog post bring it on!

Oblitious16
07-31-2015, 11:13 PM

I doubt they would leave such a basic feature out of the game.

Oblitious16
07-31-2015, 11:15 PM
As everyone else is suggesting: I would definitely like to use a color pallet to choose colors, as well as having a good amount of pre-defined colors for easy access.

RCTW1
07-31-2015, 11:52 PM
As with previous RCT's, we'll at least get a color pallet, and hopefully this time a color wheel.
(I'm pretty sure RCT 1&2 had them.)

garretslarrity
08-01-2015, 12:10 AM
Very nice blog, but now I feel we need to see some animation more than ever!

mev202
08-01-2015, 12:51 AM
I just read blog 14 and I got so excited that a little bit of wee come out.... Hehe.

Just kidding.

'Skips off'

wesleypacman
08-01-2015, 12:56 AM
I just read blog 14 and I got so excited that a little bit of wee come out.... Hehe.

Just kidding.

'Skips off'

why does this thread exist

iChase
08-01-2015, 01:02 AM
This is a fantastic post! The flat ride model looks really realistic.

I can't wait for more posts like this!

mev202
08-01-2015, 01:02 AM

No it's not! Did you not read the while post?

I like lollipops, do you?

mev202
08-01-2015, 02:46 AM
why does this thread exist

Why shouldn't it, who made you God?

JayB_Yolo
08-01-2015, 03:13 AM
As in the Blog 14, Steph(senior artist) mentioned under "The Final Phase- Integration " something about ride parameters. This is what he wrote "Our design team then sets the parameters for the ride (excitement, nausea, intensity, safety, etc) and it’s finally ready for your peeps to enjoy!".
In previous RCT games we had only three parameters namely excitement, nausea, intensity and he seems to mention a new parameter called safety and even more will be present in game.

What do you guys think? How many new parameters we will be getting and how will these parameters effect our overall rides? What kind of parameters you would like to have in game? Please share :)

mev202
08-01-2015, 03:43 AM
The support bars for the ride are at an angle, but, the bars are not one solid piece. I can't describe it better, but it's the purple support bar that goes across from the carriage. The yellow bars are the same.

Can they not render an angled bar that is not all blocky?

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/TwisterRideUnity.png?9de0fa

Kombiice
08-01-2015, 03:58 AM
1. its not rendered (in unity editor) 2. nothing more to say !!

mev202
08-01-2015, 04:24 AM

Ooooo, "nothing more to say" handbags at dawn.

Indominus
08-01-2015, 05:08 AM
Why shouldn't it, who made you God?
It shouldn't cause it's stupid and unneeded.

GoldenChild
08-01-2015, 05:12 AM
No it's not! Did you not read the while post?

I like lollipops, do you?

Haha, I think he missed the pictures of the actual 3d model and the picture of it in Unity.

JayB_Yolo
08-01-2015, 05:27 AM
Well according to concept art the ride should contain a Control Booth near the entrance but its absent in final 3D render(well not final exactly:confused:).

Scott97
08-01-2015, 05:41 AM
I noticed that as well actually!

davadude
08-01-2015, 05:51 AM
Excellent blog post, thank you!

ColossusInferno
08-01-2015, 06:00 AM
I thought it was funny 😂😂

EmSay
08-01-2015, 06:06 AM
This just seems perfect! Bravo to all the team. :D

Scott97
08-01-2015, 06:21 AM
I thought it was funny ����

So did I actually! :D

spirashun
08-01-2015, 06:24 AM
As in the Blog 14, Steph(senior artist) mentioned under "The Final Phase- Integration " something about ride parameters. This is what he wrote "Our design team then sets the parameters for the ride (excitement, nausea, intensity, safety, etc) and it’s finally ready for your peeps to enjoy!".
In previous RCT games we had only three parameters namely excitement, nausea, intensity and he seems to mention a new parameter called safety and even more will be present in game.

What do you guys think? How many new parameters we will be getting and how will these parameters effect our overall rides? What kind of parameters you would like to have in game? Please share :)

Maybe Safety is a redesigned version of Reliability? But yeah, that stuck out to me too. I'm curious about what the 'etc.' stands for, now.

spirashun
08-01-2015, 06:25 AM
Well according to concept art the ride should contain a Control Booth near the entrance but its absent in final 3D render(well not final exactly:confused:).

I am hoping that means there are different styles/types of control booths. In that screenshot of the rollercoaster station, the control booth definitely looked like it was modular and could be moved around, so maybe flat rides have something similar?

Angel
08-01-2015, 06:34 AM
WOW! Now this is the type of blog I love to see. An inside view on the development of the game always makes me excited. Well done!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for a great blog, guys!

James
08-01-2015, 06:58 AM
Very interesting to see an insight into how they create objects for the game. I'm very excited to see the next blog post, and news from Gamescom on the build they showed to press.

rct-uwe
08-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Nice blog!

There's a lot of stuff garbled in the last pic... They don't want to show us those little bits of info!

I like the round platform (because it's not a square), but it's raised 3 steps above ground. Will we be able to place the ride's platforms on ground level, too?

The concept art shows a nice entry/exit area which is adapted to the round platform... It's sad that this probably won't be possible at the end (damn grid)!

Vampiro
08-01-2015, 07:55 AM
Now this is how i love a flat ride!!

It's generic, and with proper theming done by the player himself this ride could fit in every "part" of the park.
I hope many or all flat rides will be made this way! This looks quite impressive!

ddrplaya4638
08-01-2015, 07:58 AM
After taking some time to read this blog I am beyond excited , it's cool to see what goes into things in the game. One question that I am left with is if 42 people can fit on the ride will we see empty lines like rct3 or will we see full and long lines for rides...

jcoasterfan33
08-01-2015, 07:58 AM
Even just looking what Steph has shown us about this flat ride called 'Twister' I'm excited. Its reassuring to still see the things that Nvizzio is adding into the game and that they're doing everything they can to make this game everything we want. I cant wait for next week though to see Twister in-game with other hints of whats gonna be in the game!

rct-uwe
08-01-2015, 08:03 AM
Now this is how i love a flat ride!!

It's generic, and with proper theming done by the player himself this ride could fit in every "part" of the park.
I hope many or all flat rides will be made this way! This looks quite impressive!

You said theming...

Maybe there will be a way to theme the ride by editing/replacing the generic design elements.
I hope that they'll create a generic design for each ride type and offer some themed versions.

Even just looking what Steph has shown us about this flat ride called 'Twister' I'm excited. Its reassuring to still see the things that Nvizzio is adding into the game and that they're doing everything they can to make this game everything we want. I cant wait for next week though to see Twister in-game with other hints of whats gonna be in the game!

I think there won't be a new dev blog next week! The way Mattlab wrote this one, says that we'll get more news after Gamescom. And what they're going to show is for press only. So we'll have to wait till the different press sources will show the news they saw at Gamescom...

intoxination
08-01-2015, 08:14 AM

Bingo! Scene view in Unity doesn't render the quality that play mode does. If it did, then doing anything in Unity would be sluggish beyond belief.

WesTheHighRoller
08-01-2015, 10:18 AM
I have to say i'm starting to get really excited for RCTW! Fantastic Blog! And have to say a massive thank-you to all those that are working hard to make the game possible i can't wait for it! :D

BRUXXUS
08-01-2015, 10:42 AM
Even though I'm already kinda familiar with the process Steph described, I was still smiling like crazy while reading this! I am so happy to see this sort of dev blog. It's real information and a very cool inside look at how much work goes into everything. I'm especially excited to see the tools for UGC, from the sounds of it, they're going to be super powerful.

Happy happy!

Knobs
08-01-2015, 12:37 PM
Superb Devblog.
Keep them coming please.

Great Rendering from the ride, but please tease us some more with a screenshot ( or maybe even a short animation from the ride in action ) with the ingame renderengine.
The ride looks like it has a lot of polygons.
If all assets are getting this much detail, we have a nice future coming.

Great PR turnaround.
Keep communicating please.

+1 for RCTW

Masters_Kingdom
08-02-2015, 12:21 AM
Every blog update gets me HYPED. KEEP GOING RCTW! :D

Masters_Kingdom
08-02-2015, 12:25 AM
lel!!!!!!!!!

k1ng r4t
08-02-2015, 04:45 AM
Just keeps getting better and better with each update...

Nemmie
08-02-2015, 09:23 AM
WOW! That Troika (Twister) flat-ride looks great. It was great to get a glimpse of the process behind it too.
I'm getting more and more faith in this title with each new blog post. I could even say I'm confident it will be great. It couldn't be more different from that trailer reveal travesty a few months back.
I mean, if all the rides and assets are any way near the quality of this, then we hopefully don't have too much to worry about. And as for the re-colourable aspect of the rides, I don't think they'd go to all the trouble of making these beautiful assets and bang on about customability, only to fail to give us this most basic choice.

OTR24
08-02-2015, 09:45 AM
Nice update and a in depth behind the scenes look. Finally!

JMR
08-02-2015, 04:32 PM
I really enjoyed this behind-the-scenes preview!

jcoasterfan33
08-02-2015, 09:27 PM
Oh well at the end of the blog Steph said "Come back for RCTW’s next blog to see the final in-game shot of the Twister alongside some other amazing reveals!"
So i was kind of assuming that they are gonna post an in-game shot of TWister. Sooo.

KaineCentral
08-03-2015, 08:23 AM
Looks Awesome! Great Work! :)

Aquanasia
08-03-2015, 09:48 AM
As a fellow artist and game developer, I just wanted to say great job on staying in contact with the community. All these blog updates and website changes are just keeping up the RCTW HYPE! Now as a fan, I am so excited for this game and I can't wait to see what else you guys have in store for us! Awesome work Steph and Mattlab! Simply amazing! =D

RCTFan
08-03-2015, 09:56 AM
great post! the flat ride is very good!

Markov
08-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Loving how realistic this ride looks compared to RCT3. I'm hoping the same will be applied to every flatride.

magicart87
08-03-2015, 03:45 PM
Yeah! A Huss flat ride! WaHoooo! Not just any Huss ride, a classic Troika twist! Kudos Nvizzio! It looks great!

Wayne
08-03-2015, 03:51 PM
Its amazing to see all the praise so far! This has turned amazing! Can NOT wait to see what is next you guys are bringing a legend back and so far its looking pretty good! Love it!

robinhsluis
08-04-2015, 06:42 AM
I see that the flat ride's floor is round. Does this mean you can also draw paths around it? No invisible not-allowed-overlappings anymore?
If there was something REALLY bothering me, it was the box around some objects that prevented me from building something near it cuz the game told me there was already an object in the way when there was clearly not

Wayne
08-04-2015, 08:13 AM
I see that the flat ride's floor is round. Does this mean you can also draw paths around it? No invisible not-allowed-overlappings anymore?
If there was something REALLY bothering me, it was the box around some objects that prevented me from building something near it cuz the game told me there was already an object in the way when there was clearly not

They do have rounded paths via blog post 12 (click here for the link and picture). But as far as we know right now they will have curved paths but that is about it. Hopefully we will see some more with them saying they are going to gamescom! And we will soon find-out we hope!

robinhsluis
08-04-2015, 11:50 AM
yes i know that, i follow blogs too. But what we don't know, is if paths will be able to be build around flatrides like these and curve along. It all doesn't really matter that much to me if we will be able to place objects however we like. No more restrictions because of some grid that tells me i can't do **** because there's a buildingbox from some other object. Best thing about custom scenery was that it was placable wherever you like. Would the CS provided through the CS creator be like this too? would be neath.

RandomMrBrick
08-04-2015, 12:00 PM
yes i know that, i follow blogs too. But what we don't know, is if paths will be able to be build around flatrides like these and curve along. It all doesn't really matter that much to me if we will be able to place objects however we like. No more restrictions because of some grid that tells me i can't do **** because there's a buildingbox from some other object. Best thing about custom scenery was that it was placable wherever you like. Would the CS provided through the CS creator be like this too? would be neath.

I do like this idea. It can be seen in this picture

Wayne
08-04-2015, 12:05 PM
Makes sense for sure. I don't know this is something we will have to wait and find out about.

disneyprincess
08-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Well I like whats been develop thus far. How are flat rides being chosen for the game? Would like to see rides like skydiver, Himalaya, monster, Free fall (drop tower), and Bayern Kurve. Cool peeps would be nice groups, couples, oh and the cheerleaders. These are just suggestions a little excited for the game since its been so long for an updated/ upgraded version. By all means feel pressured in satisfying RCT community we may make you rich. Love ya'll and thanks for updates TTFN!!!

1wolffan
08-05-2015, 02:00 AM
Quick comment on the new forum's look first. :)
I really do like it. I don't have to maximize my browser anymore to read the whole post with nice formatting.

Blog Comment:
I've always liked the DVD extras that include concept-art to-asset explanations, so it was neat to see something similar in gaming format. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to put that together for us.

cjcollins95
08-05-2015, 03:07 AM
WOW! lookin super smexy :cool: I feel pretty confident this is a game I will probably play for a few months non stop after release XD. I feel as though RCTW is on the right track to being a great game (pun intended XD) Keep up the great work team Nvizzo! :D

p.s. I hope after release there will either be updates or new expansion packs that add new rides to the game.

MaikuSolis
08-05-2015, 06:13 AM
It is amazing to see the proces of creating a flatride like this. The result is beyond me expectations to be honest, great job!

Now maybe this is way to early, but as the hype for RCT World is getting bigger and bigger I would like to start creating content as well haha. I've been making some custom content for RCT3 and will most likely create custom scenery for RCT World as well in the future (since steam workshop is confirmed). Maybe it would be an idea to tell a bit more about the scaling and such basic things so the fanbase can start creating things (see this as fan-art of future custom scenery), it could create a whole new living subforum within the RCT World forums.

Maybe I'm just a bit to enthusiast.. probably. :p

k1ng r4t
08-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Every time I visit this site I get more and more excited. Just wish I had time to visit more often!

Sirca
08-05-2015, 10:15 PM
hype hype hype :D

STEELYJOE75
08-08-2015, 01:08 AM
This game is going to be sick! I can't wait!

Masters_Kingdom
08-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Dear Atari,

I like your Development Blog #14, but it needs some improvements, just in my eyes. FOUR THINGS:

1) Put a roof over the control booth, or a small building over it.
2) Like in RCT3, have a small building for the booth before going on the ride.
3) Have cart options so we can change color in the carts and also positions for the ride. Example: A cart can face backwards, sideways, or frontwards.
4) Provide a download website so developers that play your game can post their own cart designs!

Sincerely,
Antonio, AKA Master's Kingdom.

PS: Catwalks on rollercoasters!!!!!

DonSPa
08-10-2015, 12:35 AM
masters #4 steam workshop

magicart87
08-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Come back for RCTW’s next blog to see the final in-game shot of the Twister alongside some other amazing reveals!

I can't wait to see the final in-game shot! Woot WOOT! Excited.

magicart87
08-12-2015, 11:58 AM
Discussions on anything other than blog #14 image or blog #14 announcement will be moved or merged to an appropriate thread. Please do not post unrelated content in this area! Scan the General Discussions subforum before posting. Thank you for your understanding.

coastercreate304
08-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Can't wait for this to come out, so many great features. Best thing is, it has a sandbox which I am really happy about. One thing I was wondering is if there will be a create a scenario mode like in RCT3. Great work so far Nvizzio and Atari!:D:D

Carl-
08-12-2015, 07:44 PM
I keep coming back to this site every few hours just hoping to find a new blog posted lol.... I'm too excited and can barely contain my excitement much longer LOL!
674 674 674

AlexFurball
08-12-2015, 09:14 PM
No this is from the engine this is nor concept art.

JCat_NYC
09-10-2015, 06:27 PM
Hopefully there will be some detailed instructions for us (who use 3D MAX and other modeling programs) to incorporate our own flat rides into RCTW. That sample is excellent, and looks amazing running in RCTW.