PDA

View Full Version : Is 360 degree placement now a thing in game?(Improved grid system!!?)

JayB_Yolo
07-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Now we have curved paths in game. Now the main question that arises is that if we can place every thing at any possible angle? According to what we have seen till now it is the case with park addons like benches, bins, pots, light-poles etc. But what about the rides and shops?:confused: we have no clue right now. It would be a great feature if this is actually a thing in game.

But in the end it depends on how devs have coded the grid system. To me the grid system feels like how it was in cities skylines where you create a road and small grids gets placed along the road and you can decide the placement of items.Why I feel so is because if it was the case with old grid system it would have been virtually impossible to place light poles and flower beds along the path. If this is the case I hope it is the same case with Rides and Shops.

What do you guys think?:) Is it something new?:D or it is the same thing:(.

Scott97
07-12-2015, 01:57 PM
If you have a look at the screenshot, you can align things to the path but they still don't angle properly yet. Not sure if you've seen the angle of the lights yet, they align to the path but they still only point in 90 degree angles unfortunately. Hopefully that'll be fixed though!

ddef12
07-12-2015, 03:03 PM
I think the easiest fix would be to take a page from Sim City. When you placed a building on a curved road, it would sometimes fill in dead space with pavement or sidewalks. 554

JayB_Yolo
07-12-2015, 03:22 PM
^^^ It would be great if they did something similar to this.

Epic Wink
07-13-2015, 11:43 AM
I think the easiest fix would be to take a page from Sim City. When you placed a building on a curved road, it would sometimes fill in dead space with pavement or sidewalks. 554

Chuck it in the features sub-forum

jakemaster2003
07-13-2015, 03:34 PM
i am sure they do this because they allready have curved paths and that needs 360 placement

Scott97
07-13-2015, 04:10 PM
i am sure they do this because they allready have curved paths and that needs 360 placement
No but if you have a look at the screenshot the lamps don't curve with the paths, they just follow them

jakemaster2003
07-14-2015, 04:42 AM
But the plants do have 360 placement