PDA

View Full Version : Will this game end up like Zoo Tycoon?

wesleypacman
07-09-2015, 11:15 PM
When I saw the new screenshot I sh*t my pants. It was beautiful. But looking at the screenshot I get a Zoo Tycoon (2013) vibe from it. And although that game is beautiful, it's basically a game of just plopping down prefabricated buildings and exhibits. There's no special touch of customization to it. In RCTW I want to be able to decorate my park with building sets and create my OWN buildings. And the station has me worried as well. Are we just going to have prefabricate stations with different "themes" to choose from or will we be able to customize every little detail with building assets? Micro detailing with the given building blocks has been a huge staple in the franchise. I'd hate to see RCTW end up like Zoo Tycoon (2013.) The screenshot looks great though.

jkay1993
07-10-2015, 01:00 AM
Hopefully everything will come together awesomely..!

Sandsh8rk
07-10-2015, 01:49 AM
You have a good point. Although the station is awesome and depicts a real life loading dock perfectly, I wouldn't want every coaster dock to be like that - I'd prefer to be given the essential elements such as the queue, entrance, exit and loading railings, and then easily customize and decorate around it. I wouldn't want every coaster to have that type of loading dock.

Tricky
07-10-2015, 08:38 AM
There are a few things I notices as well about the station I didn't like. The stations from previous RCT's weren't beautiful, but you could do a lot of customisation on them. Just a few thing I hope they won't forget:

The length of the station should be customisable
The entrance and exit is on the same side. I hope we're able to choose where they will be.
Is the waiting line stuck to the station? Or will we be able to choose how a line runs to the station?
The station also makes me wonder if we will be able to build buildings like in previous RCT's. What if you want to build a darkride or indoor
coaster?
Will there be a choice to use the old fashion stations? These new ones seem to be taking a lot of space.

These things are possible in RCT3. Don't get me wrong, it looks nice and it's better then I expected. But I don't want to get the feeling something is missing when I'm gonna play RCTW. RCT had so many options in the past, I'll doubt you'll get them all in before the end of the

year. Good luck tho.

ddrplaya4638
07-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Judging by the way they have been listening to our feedback I am pretty sure we will still be able to customize. That's a lot of what made rct so awesome. We haven't really been told otherwise. Remeber that is really the only screenshot we have seen of a station so nothing is saying we can't build them ourselves.

jchristiansmith
07-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Even if they made the concrete slab a separate piece, and you could use that as a sort of "foundation" and build whatever ontop (or use pre fab canopies/structures), that would be totally fine with me.

As long as that overhang roof is detachable - it looks stunning but I wouldn't want that for all my coasters.

ddrplaya4638
07-10-2015, 03:04 PM
I couldn't agree more. If it was all in pieces or sections that would be awesome.