PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Feature that I would like in RCTW

Xenocorpse
12-17-2014, 08:00 PM
Has anyone ever played Zoo Tycoon 2? That allowed you to literally become a peep and walk around using WSAD and mouse button. You were allowed to interact with what you just created and even see it as a peep would. (Instead of the peep cam cheat in RCT3) A feature that allows full freedom to walk around and ride the rides like that would be an amazing feature and could even allow you to make families that enter the park once you enter the peep mode.

RCTW1
12-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Has anyone ever played Zoo Tycoon 2? That allowed you to literally become a peep and walk around using WSAD and mouse button. You were allowed to interact with what you just created and even see it as a peep would. (Instead of the peep cam cheat in RCT3) A feature that allows full freedom to walk around and ride the rides like that would be an amazing feature and could even allow you to make families that enter the park once you enter the peep mode.

I agree. This would be especially good for non ride exhibits too, such as aquariums or mini golf.

SarcasmFairy
12-17-2014, 11:00 PM
I'd love to see that. Being able to ride the rides finally was awesome but give us more!

killerkoffee
12-17-2014, 11:28 PM
I have been with RCT since the very first game came out and have been a huge fan ever since. But it seems with the switch over to Atari it was a difficult transition and at times very disappointing and frustrating. Although it did incorporate much welcome new features such as a full 3D environment and the Coaster cam. Here is my two cents:

Needs to be fixed from RCT 3:

-Terrain and Pathmaking need major fixing! Have you tried building a tunnel in RCT 3? or making paths connect if they are at a slightly different height? Complete nightmare in RCT 3 but very simple in Early RCTs.

-Fix the Hotkeys Backspacing out of open tabs was a nice feature in previous RCTs but left out of RCT3. RCT3 did not make good use of the keyboard.

-Lets make it possible to bunch scenery together in our parks. Many objects needed a certain amount of space between each other leaving awkward gaps and empty spaces. WHY?!? Why cant I put a bush right next to a wall!?? Sometimes you're in a tight space and need to make use of every inch.

-I do not want to go into each individual stall and choose how many pickles in a burger or how much ice in a cup. Very annoying feature especially when you have to go adjust each one to start making a profit with stalls. Too much micromanaging with shops and stalls.

-The music was very nice, but why could I only hear it if I was completely zoomed out!? seriously, why?

-Scenarios were way too easy and repetettive. Can we be original and switch it up? instead of same thing after samething every level.

-Game was to cartoony and easy. Though the introduction of different peeps was nice.
But seriously, all you have to do is build a large pool and you can beat every scenario. Lets make RCTW something more challenging and engaging.

-Coaster Cam was one of the best things ever from RCT3 (biggest dream of mine growing up on the early versions of RCT)

-3D Free-roam environment from RCT3 Was very nicely done. In RCT3 it was much more immersive than previous versions. Water and scenery looked awesome in RCT3.

-Very nice new selection of new coasters, scenery, terrain types, coasters and coaster additions in RCT 3.

-Fireworks show was pretty neat! in RCT3

-Night and day feature is awesome in RCT3

Thats all I can think of at the moment. I know there is much more, that will come to me later. Anyway I am very excited for a new RCT and please don't disappoint all of us true RCT fans out there. We are all anticipating a brand new instant classic. Thanks! And good luck to all the people working on this RCT for us! Any questions please email me for more detail I want to help as much as possible.

horizons1
12-18-2014, 04:00 PM
- Undo button (or CTRL+Z)
- Give me the same cam controls and keyboard commands that are now second nature to me
- Handle large files without crashing
- Allow community-generated CS, preferably the ability to import (or easily convert for import) existing scenery
- More realistic stations
- Did I mention an undo button?
- If not full 360 degree rotation of objects, at least diagonals (8-way placement) including all rides. Ever try making the chairlift go diagonally? Not a good look.
- If we have CS import, those objects should respond to the select area & delete functionality same as native objects
- More lighting choices built-in
- Undo button

Jakersrampage
12-18-2014, 05:26 PM
Just wanted to go ahead and say I'd love to have peep and coaster cams in RCTW. Coaster cams were in RCT3, so I suppose those are likely to come back.

Xenocorpse
12-22-2014, 01:01 AM
Wow, this thread turned into a great discussion of ideas. This probably doesn't belong under General Discussion :P

luttik
12-26-2014, 11:41 AM
I want to be able to have switch tracks

MightyAMF
12-26-2014, 06:24 PM
Yeah, the peep mode cheat in RCT3 really needed to just be a normal feature.

warcat61
01-08-2015, 12:00 AM
I'd like to be able to have different colored trains on the coaster like in RCT 1. RED trains leaves station as Green Train arrives.

ExtraCheese
01-09-2015, 05:10 AM
I second this feature! It was possible in RCT 3 to get a buggy and ride trough your park (name a guest James Hunt), but that wasn't cool at all... I would really love to walk trough my park as a peep!