PDA

View Full Version : RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog #12

Pages : [1] 2

Mattlab
07-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Discussion for RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog 12
(http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-production-blog-12/)

Dear Fans,

As you have seen in my recent blogs and screenshot reveals, the future is bright and the ride to the finish is clear.

One of the reasons for this is the new developer, Nvizzio Creations (http://www.nvizzio.com/), whom we chose to work with a few months ago. They have brought fresh new ideas and expanded on the essentials all while embracing the challenge of making such a historic and giant game as RollerCoaster Tycoon World. Everything we have shown you recently has been the work of this incredibly hard-working and talented team. Nvizzio loves this franchise as much as we all do and wants to make a game they too can enjoy for decades to come.

Until this point (and since blog 6 (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-production-blog-6/)) I wanted to just show you their work before revealing their name, so you could judge them on the merits of their work because, frankly, they deserve it.

Additionally, with this talented and large team, we were able to quickly respond to your feedback to make this game better. You saw this with the significant upgrade of the graphics of the game and you will also see in some of the features we will announce (think UGC at launch!). No stone has been left unturned in an effort to make this the next great RCT game in the franchise.

And with that, I want to reveal a fully in-game, unedited screenshot of RollerCoaster Tycoon World, taken only one day ago. This shot contains a sneak peek of a few things you have been asking about (curved paths!). Many of the pieces in the shot were released over the last few weeks. Today you get to see how Nvizzio has brought them together – before even implementing the many layers of additional polish yet to come.

Today’s just an introduction; you will learn more about the team and have a chance to interact with them in upcoming blogs and social media. We are super excited with the progress being made on RollerCoaster Tycoon World and welcome your continued feedback as we get closer to launching the game! See you on the forums (https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/)!

Cheers,
“Mattlab”
Executive Producer
RollerCoaster Tycoon World

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/RCTW-HyperCoaster-Scene.png?9de0fa (http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/RCTW-HyperCoaster-Scene.png?9de0fa)

RandomMrBrick
07-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Oh my god. That picture is majestic af

EDIT

And wait, is it really??? CURVED PATHS :DDD

MrStripy
07-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Looking good love it

MrStripy
07-08-2015, 04:33 PM
OMG curved paths

MrStripy
07-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Am too excited

RandomMrBrick
07-08-2015, 04:36 PM
I like this team. By the looks of their website too they seem to have it sorted for them.

LooseKid187
07-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Nvizzio, although i have know idea who the f u are. That dcreenshot is astonding. Curved paths? Hell yes. Well done guys. Well done.

henkie1264
07-08-2015, 04:40 PM
#hype
I am happy to see the name of the new developer announced. I think they're definitly a better choice than Area 52 ever was...

RandomMrBrick
07-08-2015, 04:40 PM
Wait and again!!! Loading bay for the peeps!! All my wishes have come true *sheds tear of happiness*

Manucoffee
07-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Just two words: THANK YOU!!!!

RandomMrBrick
07-08-2015, 04:45 PM
Background looks VERY dynamic.

OTR24
07-08-2015, 04:47 PM
Time to analyze everything! Phew here it goes! The Ticket booth comes after the queue line. Feedback from the queue lines discussion. Turnstiles check. Curved Paths check. Realistic background/environment check. Realistic coaster supports check. Anything I missed? Also bonus points for taking feedback on the better station design. The station looks amazing.

RandomMrBrick
07-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Time to analyze everything! Phew here it goes! The Ticket booth comes after the queue line. Feedback from the queue lines discussion. Turnstiles check. Curved Paths check. Realistic background/environment check. Realistic coaster supports check. Anything I missed? Also bonus points for taking feedback on the better station design. The station looks amazing.

You forgot loading bay in the station

RandomMrBrick
07-08-2015, 04:51 PM
Ah, one thing that slightly annoys me is that the track is on top of the station floor. It should be slightly indented in it so that the train stops in the station on the same level as the peeps, not above them.

Rctsteve
07-08-2015, 04:54 PM
:D wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo!

jackk
07-08-2015, 04:57 PM
The station is great. The supports are not much of an improvement though but this is so much better than area 52. This team is good :)

OTR24
07-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Ah, one thing that slightly annoys me is that the track is on top of the station floor. It should be slightly indented in it so that the train stops in the station on the same level as the peeps, not above them.

You've got a point but... It could have something to do with the way peeps will get on the coaster. A compromise perhaps?

RandomMrBrick
07-08-2015, 04:59 PM
You've got a point but... It could have something to do with the way peeps will get on the coaster. A compromise perhaps?

Maybe. It could be anything

BeerWhiskers
07-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Thanks Mattlab and the development team! I did see that you mentioned that things need to be polished, and with that in mind I am very happy with what I see. Love the staging area in the station Huzzah!

Keep up the most excellent work!

OTR24
07-08-2015, 05:03 PM

Thank you to all the die hard RCT fans who made this happen! Kudos to them!

Background looks VERY dynamic.

Yes it does! I still want to see water and clouds though. I'm not convinced until I see water and clouds. You can definitely tell this is unity.

Dwittyy
07-08-2015, 05:04 PM
More realistic station!
Better supports!
Curved paths!
Better backgrounds!

As much as I love all these cool new features, I do hope that the game doesn't lose the simplicity of coaster building that was in previous RCT games.

RandomMrBrick
Thank you to all the die hard RCT fans who made this happen! Kudos to them!

Yes it does! I still want to see water and clouds though. I'm not convinced until I see water and clouds. You can definitely tell this is unity.

I want to see the water physics in it

Paul_Boland
!!Awesome!!

demomode_br
07-08-2015, 05:05 PM
Please change the ticket booth gates to turnstiles!

AWESOME JOB GUYS!!!!

RandomMrBrick
07-08-2015, 05:05 PM
More realistic station!
Better supports!
Curved paths!
Better backgrounds!

As much as I love all these cool new features, I do hope that the game doesn't lose the simplicity of coaster building that was in previous RCT games.

Don't worry. It has been confirmed that you can still use set pieces :)

tgn94
07-08-2015, 05:06 PM
I've been silently following for quite some time and I'm so relieved now having seen this picture. Thank you guys so much for listening to the suggestions of many and making them a reality. I can already say that based on this picture that a good portion of what I wanted to be in this next installment is now confirmed. Most of my worries have been adressed as well and I'm absolutely looking forward to ordering this game. I do have a question though and I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting it but heck, here goes. I notice the train has 6 rows of seating and the station has roughly 11 rows for boarding guests! Is the amount of rows relative to the station length? Will it be sort of however long the train is is how many rows are used? I assume there will be something to do with limiting station length so I'm not sure how you are going about this. I'm just curious :D Thanks so much for the frequent blog posts!

jackk
The paths also don't look natural. They are sitting above the ground to much :) it would look better if the sank into the ground a bit more.

RandomMrBrick
Guys, we smashed the record for most people online at once here. The previous record was 480 on the 19-12. Now its over 550

SYREN
I really like that Atari grass hedge in the front of the ride!!!!

PixelPlayer
07-08-2015, 05:07 PM
Video pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase even if its just 30 seconds of that coaster.

But this is a much better image ! Great stuff. I have finally got some confidence in this game.

tgn94
07-08-2015, 05:08 PM
Please change the ticket booth gates to turnstiles!

AWESOME JOB GUYS!!!!
+1 would be much more realistic, that turnstile noise you hear at amusement parks is very nostalgic as well!

Gandalf
07-08-2015, 05:09 PM
This is like omg, how? I mean wow!!! This is amazing!! Love it!!

NickNem
07-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Okay, I must admit - It looks really good. It's a big (BIIIIG) imprvement from the shots before, and you really listened to the community (finally;) ). If the gameplay is equal to the quality of graphics, then we will have a great successor of Rollercoaster Tycoon 3.

OTR24
07-08-2015, 05:12 PM
440 Viewing last time I checked! :D

Gandalf
07-08-2015, 05:14 PM
Where all peeps go D: I noticed there are no peeps D:

RandomMrBrick
07-08-2015, 05:16 PM
Where all peeps go D: I noticed there are no peeps D:

They all diededed

alecover
07-08-2015, 05:16 PM
Look so beautiful! :D Please Fireworks and Light shows!

magicart87
07-08-2015, 05:17 PM
8/10. Looks very nice!

I still see aliasing (jaggies) but I assume this will be addressed prior to release! Still no clear art style(character), but for a pure "realistic" look... you're nearly there! It needs more textures, bump maps and more color! The modular booths still look too much like 3D models. The entire scene still look rather flat and lifeless. The coaster looks very nice and detailed, however! Thank you for the screenshot as always. Look forward to seeing the next set!

Beaker86
07-08-2015, 05:19 PM
WOW!
IT's great to see what the game will actually look like. Think the graphics looks well balanced between realistic but in keeping with the style of RCT. Paths look awesome, Trees are good but look a bit flat (this i can live with though as it will free up processing power for the rides and peeps) also loving the background giving the impression of being part of a larger world rather than an isolated park in computer land.
But I think my favourite thing about the screenshot is the attention to detail in the station - ticket booth then through the turnstiles into the covered loading area where peeps can be split into queues for each car/train with the operator booth we saw a few weeks ago.

DonSPa
07-08-2015, 05:19 PM
agree with pixel would love to see some kind of video,but loving it,ive stood by from the beginning that I felt this was going to be a very good game even when things looked like it was falling apart and still believe we are gonna be wowed.Couple things people pointing out isn't as big a deal to me as most of it isn't something I would have noticed anyways.I know that not everything is gonna be perfect and don't expect it to be.My main worry is gameplay or is it gonna crash if we add too much stuff or if we are gonna be limited on how much we can add.I want to be able to make my park as big and with as much as I can and not worry its just gonna crash on me and waste all my time making it MY way.If the frustration level can be kept to a minimum ill be happy lol.But I do love the ticket booths and hopefully it can be different styles and not the same ole same ole and each gate for the cars at the top of the platform..well done and thank you and welcome to the fold Nvizzio Creations

DonSPa
07-08-2015, 05:20 PM
also would like to see a preview of the peeps as well either in the waiting lines or at a concession a vid would be nice to show all this *hint* *hint* lol

OTR24
07-08-2015, 05:27 PM
8/10. Looks very nice!

I still see aliasing (jaggies) but I assume this will be addressed prior to release! Still no clear art style(character), but for a pure "realistic" look... you're nearly there! It needs more textures, bump maps and more color! The modular booths still look too much like 3D models. The coaster looks very nice and detailed, however! Thank you for the screenshot as always. Look forward to seeing the next set!

Yes it still needs to be refined but so far it looks good. It still looks jagged. It reminds me of parkitect on steroids. But I want to see more. Some night time shots would be nice. I still want to see particle effects like lights at night. Rain. Clouds fingers crossed. Fluid animations for water. Flat rides and of course "peeps". Alot to still cover and refine. Please devs take your time. No need to rush.

Cabelle1863
07-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Mattlab, that screenshot looks so incredibly amazing. I am getting really excited and am eagerly looking forward to playing.

Beaker86
07-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Yes it still needs to be refined but so far it looks good. It still looks jagged. It reminds me of parkitect on steroids. But I want to see more. Some night time shots would be nice. I still want to see particle effects like lights at night. Rain. Clouds fingers crossed. Fluid animations for water. Flat rides and of course "peeps". Alot to still cover and refine. Please devs take your time. No need to rush.

Indeed - I'd rather wait another 18 months for a great game than have a mediocre game this year (we've been waiting 10 years anyway)
The fact that they are now on third developer for the game actually encourages me that they are wanting to make a AAA game rather than rush something out

_ZILTOID_
07-08-2015, 05:34 PM
OMG !

Being a huge fan of RCT, this is great news. I know a bunch of people who work at Nvizzio ( long story short: they are at the core ex-Funcom Montreal employees, restarted with a new name to work on new projects, so a new team formed with experienced people that know what they are doing ). I'm super happy for them AND for Roller Coaster Tycoon World, I'm certain they'll be able to put this game back on tracks !

This made my day hehe

disneyfreak5
07-08-2015, 05:34 PM

I agree with the devs not rushing. I remember that RCTW was shooting for August, but I feel that they shouldn't rush to make that date, perfect and make everything to this level of detail shown in this screenshot.

I don't know if anyone's noticed this yet in the photo, but the Hypercoaster* train itself seems to be missing it's nose/lead car* (circled below).
http://i.imgur.com/sY1UXrD.png

Edit: There also seems to be more loading gates/rows than there are cars on the train. Possibly showing how you can load two trains at once with one unloading at the same time behind them possibly?

*I know this is a hypercoaster due to the title of the image when opening the image itself in an new tab.
**See the previous production blog for the full hypercoaster train.

_ZILTOID_
07-08-2015, 05:37 PM
Aliasing will happen on screenshots pretty much all the time, unless they put an artist on it to photoshop it and make it flawless (which would probably be unproductive in the end)

AkimboGogurts
07-08-2015, 05:39 PM
I must say I'm of the opinion that this new studio may have just saved this game. I'm simply blown away at the transformation this game has received in the past few months. Bravo you guys. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thank you for making this game a game we can all be proud to call ourselves fans of.

jakemaster2003
07-08-2015, 05:50 PM
i like the landscape and the station but the que lines are again a square and the track of the coster need to be leveld down from the gates because thats not realisctic but the rest is very good only those things http://gyazo.com/eb857e5d6c937aa5d12c9f7b0a651ab6check this http://gyazo.com/eb857e5d6c937aa5d12c9f7b0a651ab6 and also no CATWALKS atari can you please fix this

Beaker86
07-08-2015, 05:54 PM
I suspect the problem with the station is the angle. Looking at it again, if you zoom in where the track enters there is a definite trough for the track to fit into. Also the track is yellow and there appears to be yellow and black diagonal hatching at the front of the staging lines. The way the track meets those lines looks a bit like an extension of the track

freez99313
07-08-2015, 06:00 PM
I could cry... (Tear drop falls from face)

Wabigbear
07-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Like night and day from that video we saw a few months ago. THIS is the RCTw we've been waiting for. I like too that this style will set it apart from Frontier's product. Variety is good. Kudos to the team, this is most encouraging!

JayB_Yolo
07-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Whoa this looks great:D, finally we are getting a real RCT game but there is one thing that no one is talking about..

There are no Catwalks on the lift hill!!

garretslarrity
07-08-2015, 06:05 PM
Nvizzio. I've never heard of them, but with this image, I think that's okay. However, I'd like to give one piece of advice to you, Nvizzio: Take your time. We don't mind waiting for quality.

Philmon11
07-08-2015, 06:13 PM
Whoa this looks great:D, finally we are getting a real RCT game but there is one thing that no one is talking about..

There are no Catwalks on the lift hill!!

YES. Catwalks on the lift hill! We need those. Also, they could serve a purpose if the ride breaks down and guests need to be evacuted. I dont like the "Perfect World" of RCT3 where there were no evacuations if the ride broke down. In the first two games, if it broke down, the chain would stop, but no evacuation. Really hoping catwalks and e-vacs will be added in.

:cool:

Deuce
07-08-2015, 06:16 PM
Finally!! After all this time and frankly months of me kicking up about the straight paths, and trying to get as many others on here to complain, I see curves!! And not only curves, but so much else that really matters like the ride queue and the gates to enter the coaster cars, realistic theming, great trees, proper 3D intermediate backdrop, I could go on!!

I think that once the initial shock of some genuine quality wears off there will still be a few comments creeping in about the coaster supports... But even as they are I see a marked improvement.

My hopes for this game have gone from 3/10 to 8/10. And if the gameplay works out well when we're shown it and it still looks as pretty, it would be 9/10 :)

So far as I'm concerned this is now on the same playing field as PCSE, which can only be good for us all and make both games as good as they can be.

NB: PCSE is at Gamescom in October so within a few months we should be at a point of having seen gameplay demos of both games. It literally couldn't be a closer or more exciting ride for theme sim fans than it is right now!!

Cam135
07-08-2015, 06:38 PM
Absolutely amazing! Station, supports, ques, paths, everything looks fantastic keep up the hard work!!

Jeffrey
07-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Outstanding!
What a great team you've there working. It's unbelievable how fast the development is going right now and with those results!
That path, that station it's gorgeous. (but i'm curious how visitors exit that ride?)
Can't wait to see people actually walking there, this is the quality that RCT earns!
(And those catwalks @JayB_Yolo was talking about, I hope they're one of the upcoming layers. That would be appreciated!)
For now, Thank You guys!

magicart87
07-08-2015, 06:57 PM
I really like that Atari grass hedge in the front of the ride!!!!

Yes, that is nice! I hope we will be able to create our own hedge signs as well as other extruded signage.

The paths also don't look natural. They are sitting above the ground to much :) it would look better if the sank into the ground a bit more.

Agree. Either the concrete edge is too low or the path area (orange tile) is too high.

i like the landscape and the station but the que lines are again a square and the track of the coster need to be leveld down from the gates because thats not realisctic but the rest is very good only those things http://gyazo.com/eb857e5d6c937aa5d12c9f7b0a651ab6check this http://gyazo.com/eb857e5d6c937aa5d12c9f7b0a651ab6 and also no CATWALKS atari can you please fix this

Most queue-lines are at right angles (square) I don't much mind this. Although the queuelines could be a little narrower, i think.

Gottlos
07-08-2015, 07:08 PM
Outstanding!
What a great team you've there working. It's unbelievable how fast the development is going right now and with those results!
That path, that station it's gorgeous. (but i'm curious how visitors exit that ride?)
Can't wait to see people actually walking there, this is the quality that RCT earns!
(And those catwalks @JayB_Yolo was talking about, I hope they're one of the upcoming layers. That would be appreciated!)
For now, Thank You guys!

I believe they exit the opposite side of the entrance. You can see what appears to be an exit. This is possibly why there are more entrance lanes next to the track than cars available. Half for getting on the coaster half for getting off of it?

Also, GREAT JOB! I really like this screenshot I haven't been active in the forums but watching this game come along after the scary RTC3-esque promo video released I am now slightly more confident this could be a solid successor. VIDEO and time will tell though.

magicart87
07-08-2015, 07:15 PM
Whoops! Found a render error.

http://s21.postimg.org/xpid1i007/smallerror.png
Anyone else see it?

Also, I spy a tweak/redesign of a previous ingame object. It's an improvement I think. Anyone want to guess what it is?
Hint: It's been simplified and slightly exaggerated.

Carl-
07-08-2015, 07:15 PM
WOOOOOOOOOW!! You guys have COMPLETELY turned the negativity (after the trailer) around! Totally impressed and even more excited for the release! I'm glad you didn't reveal the developer up until now, as people would have continued with the negativity (as they are a relatively new developer), but Nvizzio have completely shown that they 'design excellence, efficient execution and unparalleled attention to detail' as their website states!

I have absolutely no doubts in my mind that this will be a brilliant game, certainly as far as the graphics go! Thanks for listening to us Mattlab and also to the back office team :D

Orbitron
07-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Erm. Wow, ok.

So, curved paths that look like they're using bezier curves similar to SimCity roads; realistic coaster stations; optional use of grids if you want to; new, realistic backgrounds. Very very exciting. Looks like the team have done an absolutely amazing job.

Liberation from the grid! I wonder if we'll be able to do custom station designs as well. Maybe there's a modular system for how the roofs and whatnot are added.

I seriously can't get over how you've managed to do a perfect balance of making it extremely customisable without making it too complicated.

f794251
07-08-2015, 07:32 PM
love it :)
Station is so real. Will we see indoor station or fully customizable station?:rolleyes:

magicart87
07-08-2015, 07:57 PM

Nighttime shots would be nice. Actually looking at that screenshot again... there's a sterile look about it?! Like a hobbyist's miniature train set and model town. I know the 3D models will be further refined but I think what I'm seeing, or rather NOT seeing is a sense of atmosphere. Which I think is what you're also getting at too!? Not only would a nighttime shot and other rain and particle effects be nice, but also some Bloom, some depth of field, some added "air" for lack of better term. Maybe a nighttime shot will better detail this. I think it needs more ambiance and atmosphere.

Deuce
07-08-2015, 08:01 PM

Anyone else see

I'm going to be generous to the devs and guess that black circle at the top of the bin will at some point be replaced with a separate model that has dynamic game event properties, allowing for peeps to place litter in the bin.

But for this screen shot, the simply placed a black circle in its place to give the correct impression. But they forgot to set shadow properties on the circle they added. So now it transfers a circle of light into the bin model solid, where it can escape as it hasn't technically 'hit' a solid surface at any point.

Hence, an impossible shadow :)

LeeDawsonPT
07-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster. Been following the progress from the very beginning.

Matt, thank you so much for guiding this game in the right direction.

Agreed with others about more realistic breakdowns, that would be awesome.

Thank you so much, can't wait to see more.

OTR24
07-08-2015, 08:09 PM
8/10. Looks very nice!

I still see aliasing (jaggies) but I assume this will be addressed prior to release! Still no clear art style(character), but for a pure "realistic" look... you're nearly there! It needs more textures, bump maps and more color! The modular booths still look too much like 3D models. The coaster looks very nice and detailed, however! Thank you for the screenshot as always. Look forward to seeing the next set!

Nighttime shots would be nice. Actually looking at that screenshot again... there's a sterile look about it?! Like a hobbyist's miniature train set and model town. I know the 3D models will be further refined but I think what I'm seeing, or rather NOT seeing is a sense of atmosphere. Which I think is what you're also getting at too!? Not only would a nighttime shot and other rain and particle effects be nice, but also some Bloom, some depth of field, some added "air" for lack of better term. Maybe a nighttime shot will better detail this. I think it needs more ambiance and atmosphere.

Yea I 100% agree on the model train set feel. Looking at the coaster station I was thinking hmm... This would almost be a better railroad tycoon reboot than a rollercoaster tycoon reboot! :rolleyes:

Caine
07-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Wow, this looks really great! Good Work Guys!
It looks like that my hopes for a new chapter in the great RCT franchise in the past 10 years were eligible.

But then I look at the station, there is one question left, is there a way to customize these station, for example take the roof away and put a building around the station like in RCT3?

And please Mattlab answer the question which is one of my biggest hopes for a new Rollercoaster Tycoon: Is the a first-person/peep-mode?

magicart87
07-08-2015, 08:14 PM
I'm going to be generous to the devs and guess that black circle at the top of the bin will at some point be replaced with a separate model that has dynamic game event properties, allowing for peeps to place litter in the bin.

But for this screen shot, the simply placed a black circle in its place to give the correct impression. But they forgot to set shadow properties on the circle they added. So now it transfers a circle of light into the bin model solid, where it can escape as it hasn't technically 'hit' a solid surface at any point.

Hence, an impossible shadow :)

Yep! ;) What's your thoughts on the single lamp design? I like it much better!

Yea I 100% agree on the model train set feel. Looking at the coaster station I was thinking hmm... This would almost be a better railroad tycoon reboot than a rollercoaster tycoon reboot! :rolleyes:

Could be partly due to the station's "industrial" look and the rounded canopy roof. I hope we get more station designs. Although I'm still wanting more "warmth" from this game. Still feels a bit "cold-looking" but otherwise good.

GGD123
07-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Holy crap that is magnificent :D

jerseygrrll
07-08-2015, 08:28 PM
:D Lovely. Just lovely.

OTR24
07-08-2015, 08:31 PM

Could be partly due to the station's "industrial" look. I hope we get more station designs. Although I'm still wanting more "warmth" from this game. Still feels a bit "cold-looking" but otherwise good.

Clouds would go a long way in adding a more immersive feel. Also we haven't seen the sun yet. Only artificial lighting. I think this same shot with clouds and the sun would have made it perfect. Maybe we'll see clouds and the sun as the game progresses.

The Stig
07-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Five whole zig-zags between the edge of the station and the track! Hooray new queue path size!!
The new supports look great! And curved paths! Finally! Wheeee Nvizzio!

ddrplaya4638
07-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Looks absolutely stunning.

Concerned about a few things, I hope there is banking in the coasters doesn't look to be much in terms of banking. Also I am a tad concerned about the quene lines I hope we still get to lay them down in typical rct fashion.

It looks stellar though, welcome back RCTW!!!

unclekrusty
07-08-2015, 09:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rDFW9Kg.jpg

I hope I'll be able to run this game well. And I'll be interested to see how the curved paths are implemented.
Also, I see an Atari-shaped bush...

fruitchew87
07-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Just stepping in to say that the screenshot is AMAZING. Thanks for renewing my faith in this game; I have such high hopes for it. I really can't wait for it to be released in its full splendor. :)

I Alam
07-08-2015, 09:22 PM
looks like i need to buy a new computer that can handle these graphics

Wayne
07-08-2015, 10:11 PM
So pumped to see more! This is amazing to the new team developing this game. Listening to our requests so far. Great job, my own concern is how detailed are the supports? Will we be able to edit the supports if we see fit to add more or remove them also to change the style of the supports?

Other than this is great looking. Good job team keep up the work so far. You have my attention again.

Taizen
07-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Looks absolutely fantastic! This makes me so happy :) I was worried Frontier would steal the thunder but you guys really pulled it together and delivered everything I've personally wanted in a next gen game. 10/10 will buy!

Marvin
07-08-2015, 10:20 PM
OMG IT LOOKS AMAZING! I haven't even read the post yet but that picture is GREAT!

Austinuity
07-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Seems good, but I'll reserve judgement/speculation for when we first see peeps and an UI.

Marvin
07-08-2015, 10:38 PM
Okay so after calming down a little bit (lol) I spot some stuff that still need fixes:

Supports need to be worked on (obviously)
No catwalks?
It would be nice if paths could be a little wider
Please get rid of the ticket booths
Something about the station just feels weird... I need a closer look at it

Overall though this is great and much better than anything we've seen before. This is basically on par with Planet Coaster now. If they both turn out great I'll have no problem supporting both.

RCTW1
07-08-2015, 10:39 PM
Looking Great! Thank Goodness!

jchristiansmith
07-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Absolutely amazing! You guys have really turned this game around, and its very clear all the hard work that has been done so far. Very happy with all the models, CURVED PATHS!!!!, and the attention to detail (especially on that coaster!).

May I make a small quick-fix suggestion? Cities:Skylines had a color correction feature (and they used Unity 5) and after spending only a few minutes in photoshop I believe I've managed to add that "warmth" a few people are saying is missing. Not sure if anyone else agrees.

Basically: Brighter, added more greens and yellows, added more contrast and a little vibrance added for pop. I really feel even one of these changes makes your great graphics look incredible.

magicart87
07-08-2015, 10:58 PM
Absolutely amazing! You guys have really turned this game around, and its very clear all the hard work that has been done so far. Very happy with all the models, CURVED PATHS!!!!, and the attention to detail (especially on that coaster!).

May I make a small quick-fix suggestion? Cities:Skylines had a color correction feature (and they used Unity 5) and after spending only a few minutes in photoshop I believe I've managed to add that "warmth" a few people are saying is missing. Not sure if anyone else agrees.

Basically: Lighter, brighter, more contrast and a little vibrance added for pop. I really feel even one of these changes makes your great graphics look incredible.

That does indeed look better. But the depth of field gave it a "Tilt-shift miniature" look. The entire scene now looks like a model train set. This is however an issue with the 3D model detail and not the false depth of field you added. That said, yes this does add some needed "warmth" and atmosphere to an otherwise sterile screenshot. Once the devs fix the color casting sunlight/ambient shadows, add some Bloom and depth of field blur it will look much more dynamic and interesting.

RiqueJaimes
07-08-2015, 11:14 PM
This looks amazing. I'm curious how it looks on Minimum Settings, if we could get screens of that, that would be amazing. This screen looks amazing as well, but I doubt its min spec. :)

OTR24
07-08-2015, 11:18 PM
I suspect the problem with the station is the angle. Looking at it again, if you zoom in where the track enters there is a definite trough for the track to fit into. Also the track is yellow and there appears to be yellow and black diagonal hatching at the front of the staging lines. The way the track meets those lines looks a bit like an extension of the track

Yes I think it's just the angle

magicart87
07-08-2015, 11:21 PM
There's some odd little "something" on the path edge at the back near the atari hedge sign. What's with that? It almost looks like a ramp. Wait? Is that a ramp!? Could this be how/where the maintenance staff fixes rides? My imagination tends to believe there's a door back in there somewhere. Then again... it's probably just an artifact in how the paths line-up or something. :rolleyes:

OTR24
07-08-2015, 11:24 PM
There's some odd little "something" on the path edge at the back near the atari hedge sign. What's with that? It almost looks like a ramp. Wait? Is that a ramp!? Could this be how/where the maintenance staff fixes rides? My imagination tends to believe there's a door back in there somewhere. Then again... it's probably just an artifact in how the paths line-up or something. :rolleyes:

I just noticed the Atari bush :rolleyes:

Let me go check out the mysterious ramp lol

maxfreak
07-08-2015, 11:36 PM
Matt I am at a loss for words, I'll begin with a simple apology. I'm sorry to have constantly doubted and called you out on numerous things the past few months. We have all been waiting very long for this so after the fluffing of the initial game we were all burned pretty bad. But now I see that you and the new developer truly put in effort in this redesign. Everything looks incredible, from the paths, to the station, the scenery, and the supports with cement footers. If the final game holds up like this or better, then I am positive this will be the sequel we all dreamed of. (Curved Paths!!!! HNNNGGGG)

garretslarrity
07-08-2015, 11:37 PM
"As you have seen in my recent blogs and screenshot reveals, the future is bright and the ride to the finish is clear."

Well then I think it's time for some video.

CaseyCBeard
07-08-2015, 11:38 PM
this is such a huge improvement over what we thought we were getting. I am very impressed by what I see and I think I'm most excited about the station its a real station!

OTR24
07-09-2015, 12:10 AM

I just noticed the Atari bush :rolleyes:

Let me go check out the mysterious ramp lol

Ya it does sort of look like it could be an area for the mechanic to enter at the bottom of the station. Good spot. Still just speculation. But you never know...

keeper262
07-09-2015, 12:18 AM
That looks great! I can't wait to see what will be shown in the future!

Cj tucker
07-09-2015, 12:21 AM
Discussion for RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog 12
(http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-production-blog-12/)
Will there be "Banked Curves" for Roller Coasters??

jchristiansmith
07-09-2015, 12:35 AM
Ya it does sort of look like it could be an area for the mechanic to enter at the bottom of the station. Good spot. Still just speculation. But you never know...

I'm not seeing a ramp? There are only two ramps, one for entrance and one for exit. Maybe it's the exit ramp you're seeing?

Will there be "Banked Curves" for Roller Coasters??

Yes the new system has been stated to use splines, meaning you can create virtually any kind of shape you want just by pushing and pulling the track.

Thaakiidty
07-09-2015, 12:59 AM
Thanks Mattlab!!! This looks great!! One thing I noticed, is that the train is a lot shorter than the station. The track in the station should be a bit lower so peeps can board properly like we do in real life. If this indeed a Hyper Coaster and the trains are B&M trains, the track should be boxed not tubular. The progress looks amazing and I can't wait to see and hear more.

iChase
07-09-2015, 01:08 AM
Totally excellent! Those are some far classier graphics. It looks like there's some environment haze too.

I love the station and queue line setup, I've dreamt about that sort of setup since RCT1!

Bravo guys, I'm standing and clapping (and drooling). http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-excited002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Sandsh8rk
07-09-2015, 01:27 AM
I am blown away. I especially love the new loading dock for the rollercoaster, it looks awesome!
Thanks Matt and the team for blowing us away (and finally curved paths), I look forward to more!

Xyzyoja
07-09-2015, 01:41 AM
I am blown away. I especially love the new loading dock for the rollercoaster, it looks awesome!
Thanks Matt and the team for blowing us away (and finally curved paths), I look forward to more!
Yeah and i wonder if in new rollercoaster tycoon will be some things like in rct3 ( I mean zoo and water pools-it will be great)

Xyzyoja
07-09-2015, 01:46 AM

Exactlty. That is what i was waiting for.

Aaronroberts
07-09-2015, 02:01 AM
http://gyazo.com/eb857e5d6c937aa5d12c9f7b0a651ab6
Please learn how to photoshop =_=;

I don't know if anyone's noticed this yet in the photo, but the Hypercoaster* train itself seems to be missing it's nose/lead car* (circled below).
http://i.imgur.com/sY1UXrD.png
Odd, it looks as if the first car is balancing weirdly.

I just read through 7 pages of comments, seems all fine, I do like the screenshot, everything looks beautiful, my worry is that, if its more realistic, does that mean its more serious? then we won't end up with fun scenario's like Iceberg Islands or Volcania, I hope the sillyness is still there with the realistic stuff.
While playing RCT3, I've looked forward to all the weird / wonderful scenario's, spooky parks, western parks (though they do suck)
taking from what everyones said on previous pages, there could be a catwalk on the left of the screen, we don't know that, the track is a little above the station, the paths are raised, the que line is very squared, but maybe they want us to know that the square paths are still there for use if we want them.

I think its still early days to be judging too much and picking at little things :P
(I hope that ticket booth is changable, I'm guessing theres 3 differen't things to choose from? free park entry and pay, free park entry and tickets, and pay for entry?)

last thing, I dislike those railings for the que :V

Sandsh8rk
07-09-2015, 02:07 AM
last thing, I dislike those railings for the que :V

In RCT3 you had the option to change the queue line railings. I hope they have the same feature in this game.

Aaronroberts
07-09-2015, 02:36 AM
In RCT3 you had the option to change the queue line railings. I hope they have the same feature in this game.

Yea, they're kind of the same as the metal railings in rct3, they're the only nice lookings ones but, I dislike the gaps in them between each "block / square"

koekeritis
07-09-2015, 03:29 AM
:eek:oooh..

T͜͡H͜͡A͜͡N͜͡K͜͡ Y͜͡O͜͡U͜͡!

Pandawan
07-09-2015, 04:07 AM
Oh my.....

spirashun
07-09-2015, 04:21 AM
I love it! I'm pretty sure everything has already been mentioned, but there's a few things I noticed that I feel could be tweaked (nothing major though):

1- Coaster's front car looks like it should be scraping the track? Could just be too zoomed out to really see clearly.

2- Queue railings are still very 'blocky' looking, I think it'd look better if they were a little more connected somehow.

3- I know how nitpicky this is, but I hope we can manually rotate lamp posts, etc.- if you look at some of them, particularly the far left and far right ones in the foreground, the sides of the lights aren't really lined up with the paths. I'd like to make the closest side of the light parallel with the path edge, not coming off at a weird angle. Let me know if that doesn't make sense, I can make a diagram or something.

4- I didn't notice it until someone else mentioned it, but the paths being raised off the ground does seem a little funky. In some of the areas it looks good (the inner grass areas bounded by paths look good a little lower relative to the paths) but for more 'standalone' paths, like the one coming from the ride's exit, it looks a little strange.

All in all though I think it looks really good, and I am super excited for more screenshots/videos to come out!

RCTFan
07-09-2015, 04:32 AM
yes yes yes!! this is Rollercoaster tycoon World that i want!!

ExtraCheese
07-09-2015, 04:38 AM
Wow, just wow!
The change is so big...!!! WOW!
Comparing the crap from the gameplay trailer and this and even the first screenshots from pipeworks era, this is looking SO MUCH BETTER!
Curved paths, nice!

I can't wait to see a gameplay video and other rides :)!!!

TyrellCaesar
07-09-2015, 05:18 AM
Ok let me try and digest everything I have just witnessed. This is by far the best thing I've seen from this game since it was announced. Nearly every feature on everyone's wish list had been added and this is the first time I can understand a overhype to a screenshot.

Over the moon right now.

However like always there are small details that can be improved like more support styles for coasters. And still waiting to see the peeps.

But overall this is a huge step forward and shows the passion and hard they have really put in. Gonna do a long research on the new developer but so far very promising.

Kombiice
07-09-2015, 05:20 AM
no tilted tracks ?? :( will you involve tilted curves at coasters, would be an important thing ^^ Really cool until now

magicart87
07-09-2015, 06:36 AM
I'm not seeing a ramp? There are only two ramps, one for entrance and one for exit. Maybe it's the exit ramp you're seeing?

Right Here:

http://s18.postimg.org/aohfzs1kp/ramp.jpg

Error in path designer or is this a staff/maintenance access ramp? Thoughts?

jkay1993
07-09-2015, 06:46 AM
Screenshot looks great. Although trees and vegetation looks terrible IMO. Please upgrade those Matt

Indominus
07-09-2015, 06:48 AM
This is a very little thing but it bothers me a lot.
Please change this developers.

Galanthus
07-09-2015, 07:25 AM
This is a very little thing but it bothers me a lot.
Please change this developers.

Me too. I'd like to see the peeps climb into those cars at the height the trails are at now.
But maybe it's coming. I mean what's the purpose of a platform if there's no sink for the trail?

EmSay
07-09-2015, 07:48 AM
Amazing! This seems perfect!

JayB_Yolo
07-09-2015, 08:05 AM
Just wondering how we could Hedge and Fence those paths or it is going to be an option in path builder :confused:.

Pierre
07-09-2015, 08:16 AM
It's just beautiful strongly the output of games !!!! :)

echelon
07-09-2015, 08:39 AM
I'm liking what i see here just a few things are bugging me !!!!

NO BRAKE RUN CATWALKS
NO LIFT HILL CATWALKS
THE TRACK IS NOT FLUSH WITH THE STATION FLOOR PEEPS ARE GONNA HAVE TO CLIMB ONTO THE RIDE INSTEAD OF SIMPLY WALKING ON
NO SINGLE RIDER LINE ???

On a happier note i love the Queue Line and the station loading bays in general i hope that the game only lets a certain amount of peeps into station at a time to load onto trains so no over crowding in the station

Aquanasia
07-09-2015, 08:58 AM
THIS IS JUST AMAZING! Keep up the good work guys! Can't wait to see more! =D

SparkyUK
07-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Ho-Le-Sh!t

That looks epic. Fingers crossed for smooth playback, but this is shaping up very nicely. While Planet Coaster was looking to have more detail, the cartoony appearance was a little too much for me - this balance looks just right.

Loving the detail, brake runs and pinch wheels and a proper loading station! Please lose the dated traffic light! ;)

Mattlab, could you just do one, small video of a train passing, like Planet Coaster did? Just a little teaser?

Well done, Nvizzio!

OnlyQuads
07-09-2015, 09:12 AM
Wonderful! Curved Path! Shadows ! Even Ambient Occlusion! On your way for an awesome AAA game!

TyrellCaesar
07-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Adding to my previous post. What makes me even happier about this screenshot is that it looks like the beginning of the trailer with the real footage ( no not the area 52 kiddie version). Also it looks like it is finally up to speed with what pcse has shown and it will be interesting to see these two games push each other and what pros and cons between them. I'd also like to make just 2 requests and i feel more confident it will be noticed now as they have proven they listen to us fans.

Firstly someone previously mentioned how all the lamp posts and trees don't look as free will when added as they're all facing the same direction. So it would be nice if we have the ability to rotate and move objects slightly out of a grid format. Same goes for flat rides so it isn't all facing a 90 degree direction. Secondly it looks as if they have slightly improved the support for coasters but it still doesn't look realistic enough compared to a real coaster ( yes i know it's a simulation game but it won't hurt). Most of the supports still seem to be just the skinny pole that magically attaches to the ground.

Also wanted to add they done a fantastic job with the station i love how its raised slightly above the ground and has different sections so riders get on quicker and more realistic. Don't understand why the station is getting criticism. It would be nice if the station hut is customizable also.

Edit: Its great to finally see Curved Paths however i still think they need extra work as it looks like it only curves to a certain angle.

Jamppa158
07-09-2015, 10:07 AM
Just came back to say that I'm finally liking the direction this game is going :) keep it up!

toreador
07-09-2015, 10:13 AM
This is an absolutely fantastic screenshot, but it does come with questions. I think we really need catwalks (I'm praying that there's still time for Atari to fit them into in the game). This has most likely been spoken thousands of times, but for a good reason. The computer I'm using now cannot handle custom downloads, so it really bugged me that I couldn't use catwalks in RCT3. Another thing that I saw was that the hypercoaster train did not have a leader car. However, I have hope for this because the previous screenshots we have been shown that the trains did have a lead car. The final thing that bothered me was that the track on the ride did not appear to bank. Look on the bottom of the big hill where you can see the track begin to curve. It doesn't look like there is any banking over there, which would be incredibly unrealistic. The sole reason I have hope for this feature is that it is such an undeniably simple one I doubt that anyone could overlook it. Although this screenshot came with its flaws, I do really like the paths, queue lines, ticket booth, ride operating station, and slightly better supports, station, and scenery in the background. Keep up the good work, Nvizzio.

VactuGAMER
07-09-2015, 10:26 AM
I want dark rides !!! this is looking amazing btw

ddrplaya4638
07-09-2015, 10:26 AM
I still cannot get over how much of an improvement this is. Now a day later I am still impressed. However it does really bother me that the track is not sunk down into the station. It just looks awkward. If this is something due to how the peeps will load then alright but based on appearance it could be better. I hate sounding negative, but it's all in love for what a remail able turnaround this has been! I'm ready for blog post 13 already. Do you think now you could share more screenshots with us in the forums or maybe show brief clips of game play?

Beaker86
07-09-2015, 10:30 AM
Adding to my previous post. What makes me even happier about this screenshot is that it looks like the beginning of the trailer with the real footage ( no not the area 52 kiddie version). Also it looks like it is finally up to speed with what pcse has shown and it will be interesting to see these two games push each other and what pros and cons between them. I'd also like to make just 2 requests and i feel more confident it will be noticed now as they have proven they listen to us fans.

Firstly someone previously mentioned how all the lamp posts and trees don't look as free will when added as they're all facing the same direction. So it would be nice if we have the ability to rotate and move objects slightly out of a grid format. Same goes for flat rides so it isn't all facing a 90 degree direction. Secondly it looks as if they have slightly improved the support for coasters but it still doesn't look realistic enough compared to a real coaster ( yes i know it's a simulation game but it won't hurt). Most of the supports still seem to be just the skinny pole that magically attaches to the ground.

Also wanted to add they done a fantastic job with the station i love how its raised slightly above the ground and has different sections so riders get on quicker and more realistic. Don't understand why the station is getting criticism. It would be nice if the station hut is customizable also.

Edit: Its great to finally see Curved Paths however i still think they need extra work as it looks like it only curves to a certain angle.
The station criticism is due to what looks like the rail sitting on the floor. Having zoomed in a few times you can see evidence of a sink for the track where it meets the wall going into the station and the edge of the platform has black and yellow hazard lining. The hazard lines coupled with the yellow track and perceived shadow make it look like it's at the same level as the riders. Tried to upload a zoomed shot of the sink but stupid phone won't let me.

James
07-09-2015, 10:42 AM
The screenshot looks fantastic. Finally starting to look like a game worth playing.

dwwilkin
07-09-2015, 11:12 AM
Very cool. I like how after the ticket booth, the Peeps will line up for their seats as well

TyrellCaesar
07-09-2015, 11:24 AM
The station criticism is due to what looks like the rail sitting on the floor. Having zoomed in a few times you can see evidence of a sink for the track where it meets the wall going into the station and the edge of the platform has black and yellow hazard lining. The hazard lines coupled with the yellow track and perceived shadow make it look like it's at the same level as the riders. Tried to upload a zoomed shot of the sink but stupid phone won't let me.

Oh right after having a closer look I kind of see what you mean. The track should go across the station so that peeps can walk on rather than having to climb over the coaster. Hopefully this is a small, minor issue they can fix without too much stress.

Another thing I relised when having a further look is that there's all that space on the other side of the station but the entrance and exit is both on the same side. So peeps will have to just magically appear off the ride when it's finished, or will exit the same way peeps get onto the train which is unrealistic.

Edit: Imagine with inverted coasters and flying coasters the track at the station can rise above when it's ready to take off. Think of 'AIR' from Alton Towers for example. I dunno maybe my imagination is running wild right now.

max26
07-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Good job for graphics must now graphical interface and gameplay:D:D:D

rowdy
07-09-2015, 12:09 PM
this image makes me want rctw even more then i did before

Cyclone
07-09-2015, 12:39 PM
I know you're still developing guys, but I haven't seen any screen shots yet of banked track. Besides the great management sim of the original, the coaster design engine was quite accurate : The correct banking influenced the forces on the coaster and so the thrill factor. Please study the coaster building engine of the original. Spline curves will be an excellent enhancement if you are doing this but please give us banking as a must have.

rct-uwe
07-09-2015, 01:10 PM
Thank you!

Like: Finally curved paths... Yay!!!
?: What about wider paths? How will bigger path areas be created?
Don't like: The outer path edges should be lowered to the ground as much as the inside difference.

Like: The coaster station is a complex, that makes it much more realistic.
?: Are there prebuild stations only? Is it ment to be a simultan loading for 2 trains and one area for leaving?
Don't like: The track looks to be too far above the station ground.

ETapley0687
07-09-2015, 01:19 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I'm wanting this to be such a success and I'm pleased with everything I'm seeing so far since the change in designers. The only gripe is the track not being a little lower in the station but that is something I wouldn't mind dealing with considering all the other fantastic features I'm seeing.

davadude
07-09-2015, 02:51 PM
This looks excellent, and besides the minor things mentioned earlier in the post, it seems to be going perfectly.

Lapuente
07-09-2015, 03:40 PM
looks brilliant!

Puppyjonathan
07-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Once I saw the queue and the station, I was heavy breathing, but it did leave me with a couple questions. 1. Is that a switchback queue that can be adjusted based on crowds? 2. Is that ticket booth mandatory?

jibbyjab
07-09-2015, 04:37 PM
Well done. Although as someone already stated, the foliage on the trees could use some work. They're too flat.

mvre282
07-09-2015, 04:45 PM
The picture looks great graphics wise, but the station exit and entrance and exit are on the same side. When the people get off the ride they will have to cross the track to exit. You should require the exit to be on the opposite side the entrance is on.

Wayne
07-09-2015, 04:52 PM
Thank you!

Like: Finally curved paths... Yay!!!
?: What about wider paths? How will bigger path areas be created?
Don't like: The outer path edges should be lowered to the ground as much as the inside difference.

Like: The coaster station is a complex, that makes it much more realistic.
?: Are there prebuild stations only? Is it ment to be a simultan loading for 2 trains and one area for leaving?
Don't like: The track looks to be too far above the station ground.

Good point, would we be able to have double paths almost have double the width of them? I would assume we could but this again would be a great feature to be able to connect the paths to make them wider. Great point rct-uwe.

Wayne
07-09-2015, 04:54 PM
The picture looks great graphics wise, but the station exit and entrance and exit are on the some side. When the people get off the ride they will have to cross the track to exit. You should require the exit to be on the opposite side the entrance is on.

Sorry for the quick post. But I would think from the size of the car and the lenght of the station and break section. It looks like you could possibly load 2 trains at once and then that last little part would be the unloading area where they exit out of the station where you do not see any gates to the exit ramp. This is what I'm thinking just from the picture. Least I hope so for sure.

Blabla Coaster
07-09-2015, 05:23 PM
all the stations will look like this?
or we can choose other...

ddrplaya4638
07-09-2015, 06:13 PM
I sure hope there is some variety in the choice of stations. I am sure there is.

RandyChimp
07-09-2015, 07:34 PM
And just like that, faith has been restored. Looks fantastic.

jsqualls14
07-09-2015, 10:35 PM
i seriously just shat my pants

Direct+
07-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Love it, but also hoping for a more simplified station version. Building my own custom scenery around that station would be a real hassle.

savoytruffle98
07-10-2015, 12:22 AM
Only issue I have with this is that the path has a weird raised effect, it looks like it's just laying on top of the ground.
Otherwise, beautiful and encouraging. Smart move, announcing Nzvizzzio (that's how it's spelled, right?) before significant screenshots would have the jaded Area 52 survivors skeptical again.

Luigiben
07-10-2015, 01:08 AM
Wow, this looks amazing! Do you think the game will eventually come out for Mac? I know this was discussed a long time ago, but that was when either area 52 or pipe works were working on it. Either way, I'm still excited for the game, but i'm not sure I'll be able to play it!

RCTLOVER
07-10-2015, 01:25 AM
I love this so much! You guys have definitely redeemed yourselves after that whole RCTW thing.

Mrbodin
07-10-2015, 02:12 AM
This is amazing.
I've been reading the blog since #1 and blog 9, 10 and 11 really surprised me.
You guys make an awesome team and this work you are doing on this game.
Just amazing. Can't wait to see more! :)

CaptainJelle
07-10-2015, 02:42 AM
Sorry but Nvizzio seems just as dead as Area52. And why is there such a white hue over these screenshots? I't look messy... Sorry for being a bitch but i don't like the non-interaction. We get a screenshot and info but we cant debate about it. For instance, these mountains in the background, can we shape them ourselves? With powerful brush and snap tools? Is there actually still a grid? to place objects along that grid? Well ill wait and see....

Scott97
07-10-2015, 03:07 AM
Sorry but Nvizzio seems just as dead as Area52. And why is there such a white hue over these screenshots? I't look messy... Sorry for being a bitch but i don't like the non-interaction. We get a screenshot and info but we cant debate about it. For instance, these mountains in the background, can we shape them ourselves? With powerful brush and snap tools? Is there actually still a grid? to place objects along that grid? Well ill wait and see....
I'm sorry but I can't agree with you there, they've been much more involved, releasing information almost weekly whereas before we had to wait months for an update. They can't answer everything straight away, 1) it's still in development so they don't know for sure, and 2) they don't want to give competitors too much information, remember there's other companies making similar games, in particular Frontier with PCSE. There's not much activity on the forums I'll give you that, but it's still unfair to compare them to Area 52 IMO. I'm not quite sure what you mean by the white hue either really :/

jchristiansmith
07-10-2015, 03:36 AM

I'm sorry but I can't agree with you there, they've been much more involved, releasing information almost weekly whereas before we had to wait months for an update. They can't answer everything straight away, 1) it's still in development so they don't know for sure, and 2) they don't want to give competitors too much information, remember there's other companies making similar games, in particular Frontier with PCSE. There's not much activity on the forums I'll give you that, but it's still unfair to compare them to Area 52 IMO. I'm not quite sure what you mean by the white hue either really :/

I have to agree with Scott97, and also defend this wonderful team which has clearly done an impressive amount of improvement in a very short amount of time. I believe many of your questions will be answered in the future, so don't fret too much. Like he said, they don't want to reveal too much too early because Frontier still has time to implement new features with PCSE. Unfortunately this means some of the best and newest features will be revealed closer to launch (who knows when that will be).

"Patience you must have my young padawan"

k1ng r4t
07-10-2015, 04:40 AM
This picture changes everything :eek:

Now they just need to update what they're showing on the Steam page...

Knobs
07-10-2015, 05:08 AM
Awesome, Background is a sky object.
( a big square or sphere with textures mapped on it .
( still a bit too low res though )
But that means they can change sky textures, or make them dynamic with animated shaders .
Means we will probably have a night and day time, where the light you've place will illuminate your scenery objects.
( maybe even with soft shadow maps )

Finally a picture that shows that they really have listened to the fans and are building a great, great game.
Curved paths, great stations, supports that look way better, ....

Foliage will be sprite alpha shaded, due the massive amount of cpu load of you use actual geometry with polygons.
Sprites renders way way faster and have a huge cpu saving ability.

If you all want thousand of trees, there just isn't another solution then sprite based.
1000 trees with actual geometry will destroy your machine.
They could use more high res textures on it , but i think we'll be able to set them in the video settings, accordingly to your computer specifications.

Seriously heavy stoked for this game.

Really can't wait until this game finally comes out.

magicart87
07-10-2015, 09:25 AM
For the few: Thank you for voicing your opinion. Feedback like this...ANY constructive criticism should be welcomed on the forum to further improve the game. If people constantly praise without giving any feedback, we're then left with a game that only looks GOOD and not GREAT!

I wish more forum members here would actually step up and voice not only what they like, but also dislike. Ask questions... It's actually time for Nvizzio to start some Q&A and feedback. Your questions and comments are very valid! Thank you.

Concerns: Trees look rather blah. Yes, it does still look like a grid is in place. There does still seem to be a issue with their lighting engine, depth of textures, lack of textures. Your questions regarding the mountain objects is a good one! They look "plopable" to me so I hope we are able to "brush build" them. If you look closely, the land is entirely FLAT! The background mountain range is nothing more than a wrap-around panaromaic/global image set to "glow".

I hope we will not only be given more background options but also more realistic backgrounds, with dynamic sky and clouds. Skybox. Still no clouds?! Warmth and Sunlight lacking. Charm and Character is still lacking. Paths too narrow, Queues too wide. Are we getting any of this fixed... Who, knows? We certainly don't. True Feedback has been mostly one-sided. So, again. Thank you for actually going against the grain and voicing your concerns rather than just "gushing" about how great this screenshot looks. Every little bit helps.

Future RCT
07-10-2015, 09:53 AM
That screenshot looks AMAZING! I'm getting excited for this game again. Thank you Mattlab for keeping us updated and interacting with us. Good luck Nvizzio Creations. Keep up the good work!

JMR
07-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Gah, I was late to comment on this Dev blog.

First of all, hats off to Nvizzio Creations! I have never heard of them before, but this game will certainly help their name and hopefully help them progress as a game studio to create more games like this.

Secondly, I'd like to say thank you so much for listening to the feedback! The queue-line is superb and I am very pleased to see the curved path system coming into function.

Lastly, the graphics do look good. However, I really dislike a few things:

- Paths just seem too thin. In real parks, sometimes you'll find chunks of path where it's like a plaza. Please ensure that users can not only make their paths curved at the edges, but whilst doing so, be able to fill in the gaps in-between with path.

- Track above station platform. I've never seen a coaster like this in real life.

- I really hope that the station was built "by hand" and is not just one single model. Players want to build their own stations to fit the theme, layout and overall design of their coaster.

- Traffic lights for the station. I think it's good to have certain things like this which makes it easier for players to recognise the status of the ride. But I'd prefer users determine if the ride is about to leave by what is actually happening. (Are all peeps strapped in? Is the operative in the control both? If so, then I have a good idea that the ride is about to leave.) If the traffic lights are not default, then I do not mind, as they could be used as a themeing element for a driving-themed ride.

I am once again rather hyped about this game.

Keep up the amazing work. :)

magicart87
07-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Traffic lights for the station. I think it's good to have certain things like this which makes it easier for players to recognise the status of the ride. But I'd prefer users determine if the ride is about to leave by what is actually happening. (Are all peeps strapped in? Is the operative in the control both? If so, then I have a good idea that the ride is about to leave.) If the traffic lights are not default, then I do not mind, as they could be used as a themeing element for a driving-themed ride.

I think this was included as more an artistic "throwback" design to the classic RCT game in which a traffic light system was used. I seem to remember them being in RCT3 as well. I don't so much mind it; but would like it to be a bit smaller.

BRUXXUS
07-10-2015, 10:43 AM

Anyone else see it?

Also, I spy a tweak/redesign of a previous ingame object. It's an improvement I think. Anyone want to guess what it is?
Hint: It's been simplified and slightly exaggerated.

HAHAHA! That's kinda funny. If I had to guess, this happened because of Unity's new physically based lighting/shading. The top of the model probably doesn't have a collision mesh yet. Something they'll definitely fix. Still funny, a trashcan to ANOTHER DIMENSION!

Mythil
07-10-2015, 10:44 AM
Curved paths ! This announcement just made my day, and only with these two words. I just hope we'll be able to make them as large (or thin!) as we want !

Compared to RCT3, the graphics are way better (and it's normal, since RCT3 has been made long long ago), it looks like we'll make realistics parks soon !

I like how the station looks like. Will you permite enough personalisation on it ?

I just can't wait to see more things about RCTW. I felt in love with RCT since the first one, and spent a lot of time building parks. Now I'm really curious about this new baby !

magicart87
07-10-2015, 10:45 AM
I kinda miss not seeing the traditional queue tile and some of the classic tile skins from RCT2, only updated. Maybe they'll be an option to inject a little of the "old-school" charm back into this version. Similarly, the woodplank deck stations from RCT1, although not realistic, they were unique and interesting. Maybe we'll have other overlay textures and elements from past games sprinkled throughout as a nod and wink to the original that started it all. If not throwback designs at least something to sexy it up.

For Example:

Agree completely! Last screenshot is great but is that possible to do something inside with waiting lines really decorated and themed ?

Wayne
07-10-2015, 10:48 AM
I kinda miss not seeing the traditional queue tile as well some of the classic tile skins from RCT2, only updated. Maybe they'll be an option to inject a little of the "old-school" charm back into this version. Similarly, the woodplank deck stations from RCT1, although not realistic, were unique and interesting. Maybe we'll have other overlay textures.

I like the track they are on right now making things look as realistic as possible. If they would add the options or ability to be able to "skin" things with the good old RCT1 or RCT2 or RCT3 themes that would be neat, but I would love to see things as realistic as possible. I'm tired of the cartoon ish look and feel of games personally that is just me though.

CoasterKing84
07-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Magnificent!!

magicart87
07-10-2015, 10:56 AM
I like the track they are on right now making things look as realistic as possible. If they would add the options or ability to be able to "skin" things with the good old RCT1 or RCT2 or RCT3 themes that would be neat, but I would love to see things as realistic as possible. I'm tired of the cartoon ish look and feel of games personally that is just me though.

I didn't like the cartoonish look and feel of RCT3 at all. But RCT certainly strived for realism in it's constraints of a pixelated game. They had to make artistic compromises which resulting in things being a bit over-the-top and toony for easy identification. But as a whole, RCT had many great textures and skins I'd like to see in this game, only updated to look more realistic. I definitely don't want TOONY... It can still look real but it doesn't need to look boring. A concrete walking path is a bit "blah". Queuelines now days are just as interesting and imersive as the ride itself. I don't think having an updated path tile similar to RCT would hurt things. It would certainly give it some visual interest. That queue line is boring.

ddrplaya4638
07-10-2015, 10:57 AM
I kinda miss not seeing the traditional queue tile and some of the classic tile skins from RCT2, only updated. Maybe they'll be an option to inject a little of the "old-school" charm back into this version. Similarly, the woodplank deck stations from RCT1, although not realistic, they were unique and interesting. Maybe we'll have other overlay textures and elements from past games sprinkled throughout as a nod and wink to the original that started it all.

I agree, I am pretty concerned about customization at this point. I hope the queue lines are customizable as well as the whole station. I don't want to just plop down a station and call it quits.

Wayne
07-10-2015, 10:59 AM
I didn't like the cartoonish look and feel of RCT3 at all but RCT1-2 certainly strived for realism in it's constraints of a pixeled game. It had to make artistic compromises which resulting in things being a bit overthetop for easy iditification but as a whole, RCT had many great textures and skins I'd like to see in this game, as an option. I definitely don't want TOONY... It can still look real but it doesn't need to look boring. A concrete walking path is a bit "blah". Queuelines now days are just as interesting and imersive as the ride itself. I don't think having an updated path tile similar to RCT would hurt things. It would certainly give it some visual interest.

I agree with you for sure. And you make some great points about the que lines, they are just as much apart of the natural ride and building they right be sit in or around than anything. But again it may come down to custom scenery by the modding community to really make things immersive. But we will see I just hope everything will be in some way customization to our liking. But you make some great points for sure!

magicart87
07-10-2015, 11:01 AM
True. Customization is going to make or break this game.

thecapedcrudader
07-10-2015, 11:13 AM
This is looks amazing; love everything from the station to the curved paths and like how the lamps, shrubs, and other scenery elements seem to flow in terms of placement.

JMR
07-10-2015, 11:15 AM
I think this was included as more an artistic "throwback" design to the classic RCT game in which a traffic light system was used. I seem to remember them being in RCT3 as well. I don't so much mind it; but would like it to be a bit smaller.

Yes indeed, I also recognise them from RCT3 and I always strongly disliked them.

Although, I would also be fine with them being there by default, if they were much smaller.

BRUXXUS
07-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Awesome, Background is a sky object.
( a big square or sphere with textures mapped on it .
( still a bit too low res though )
But that means they can change sky textures, or make them dynamic with animated shaders .
Means we will probably have a night and day time, where the light you've place will illuminate your scenery objects.
( maybe even with soft shadow maps )

Finally a picture that shows that they really have listened to the fans and are building a great, great game.
Curved paths, great stations, supports that look way better, ....

Foliage will be sprite alpha shaded, due the massive amount of cpu load of you use actual geometry with polygons.
Sprites renders way way faster and have a huge cpu saving ability.

If you all want thousand of trees, there just isn't another solution then sprite based.
1000 trees with actual geometry will destroy your machine.
They could use more high res textures on it , but i think we'll be able to set them in the video settings, accordingly to your computer specifications.

Seriously heavy stoked for this game.

Really can't wait until this game finally comes out.

Glad you addressed the tree/foliage thing. I think they look pretty dang good how they are considering how most play the game, zoomed out further. I play a few games running Unity that are using SpeedTree and they're all having pretty significant performance impacts. Might be wild if the foliage was sprite based in 3rd person view then switched to high detail SpeedTree in first person, where the draw distance and LOD could be nerfed to keep performance high.

JMR
07-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Glad you addressed the tree/foliage thing. I think they look pretty dang good how they are considering how most play the game, zoomed out further. I play a few games running Unity that are using SpeedTree and they're all having pretty significant performance impacts. Might be wild if the foliage was sprite based in 3rd person view then switched to high detail SpeedTree in first person, where the draw distance and LOD could be nerfed to keep performance high.

I agree, the trees graphically look good enough.

However, I would really like to see much larger trees. I'm speaking of trees that are perhaps 7x larger than the ones we see in the screenshot.

BRUXXUS
07-10-2015, 11:29 AM
I agree, the trees graphically look good enough.

However, I would really like to see much larger trees. I'm speaking of trees that are perhaps 7x larger than the ones we see in that screenshot.

Oh yeah, for sure! Actually, I never really even realized how small the trees have been in all the games until I read your comment. Would be so awesome to have huge trees that coasters could weave through!

BRUXXUS
07-10-2015, 11:54 AM
I'm still having a hard time comprehending how much work has been done in such a short time! Wow. I'm super excited for this and am happy to see things being made and adjusted based on fan feedback.I won't leave any suggestions in this thread since there's other ones for that, AND Nvizzio has pretty much proven that they "get" the game and fans. It's clear they're also fans and are putting hard work and passion into this game.

I seriously want to send them cookies or something!

Indominus
07-10-2015, 12:13 PM
What the developers need to know is that in a game like this, CUSTOMIZATION IS VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT!

Scott97
07-10-2015, 12:19 PM
- I really hope that the station was built "by hand" and is not just one single model. Players want to build their own stations to fit the theme, layout and overall design of their coaster.
I think this could work in a similar way to how its done in the new SimCity, where you had a building and you could plop down added modules (like city hall departments), so you have a basic station and you can customise it however you want.

Thaakiidty
07-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Anyone notice that this is supposed to be a B&M Hyper yet the track is tubular? Where are the catwalks and lift lighting? The progress looks great but I truly hope the coaster tracks are true to life. Also will there be larger trees and foliage? Some trees are larger than coasters. The trees in RCT3 down were all small. Can we have a variety of small to large?

TheChosenOne
07-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Great! but where are the catwalks!?

magicart87
07-10-2015, 01:14 PM
I think this could work in a similar way to how its done in the new SimCity, where you had a building and you could plop down added modules (like city hall departments), so you have a basic station and you can customise it however you want.

Exactly. This is how it worked in RCT. Granted they were not the sexiest-looking stations. But they were easy to customize around!

I think this station is a bit big. I liked the simplicity of RCT's older stations, although unrealistic they had quick and dirty "plop and customize" approach to them. It looks like the exit and entrance is on the same side in this version, which isn't ideal. Although I suspect (hope) that we can change it based on where you build a exit path. I do like the fact that Atari opted to forgo an entrance/exit "booth". That was never realistic in the past games.

Critique: This station has a lot going for it but it's kinda chunky-looking. I like the peep overflow areas at the entrance and exit. The opposite side of the hypercoaster track, the part where the dispatch control booth is located...yeah, I don't think we need all of that additional concrete space.

Heck, move the dispatch booth to the same side as the coaster gates and you'll streamline the station even more!

The coaster corrals and row gates are also too big, IMO. They only need to hold the exact amount of peeps boarding the coaster. Some stations just have painted concrete areas that guest's lineup on prior to boarding. No need for corrals/gates in those instances. It might be good have variety options.

rct-uwe
07-10-2015, 01:37 PM
I think that the row gates are the most important improvement for realism... I have only one coaster in mind that don't has some (operator assign peeps to the rows).

What are the red squares on the ground good for? Modular station building? I'm not a fan of the ticket booths at the entrances, so make them optional (maybe: pay per ride = booth; free rides = no booth, entrance gate if necessary).

ncutt010
07-10-2015, 02:34 PM
Wow!!!!... I didn't think they could turn it around but they did. This looks incredible!!....Finally looks realistic!!!!

ddrplaya4638
07-10-2015, 03:09 PM
This game looks amazing now, they have shown us that it will look like a 2015 game. It all comes down to gameplay, customization, multiplayer, and longterm support that will determine if this is a success or not. I think the community is pretty unified in how we feel about things right now. We love the station, but we want to customize it. We want catwalks and some other things as well.

I truly have to hand it to Atari and Nvizzio though... kudos.

stevo321
07-10-2015, 03:58 PM
Looks fantastic:D! All wee need now is abit of gameplay then my money is yours :o

Hanazakari86
07-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Plz plz plz ,,, add waterpark too!!!!!:)

freez99313
07-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Looks fantastic:D! All wee need now is abit of gameplay then my money is yours :o

Right?! :D

Lbs. #1
07-10-2015, 10:11 PM
Looks fabulous! I can not wait to play the game! Curved paths really make the park look so much better. And the rollercoaster supports look so good. However, I would like to be the manager of my park. Like a POV mode but for the whole park and be able to interact with things, and make workers do stuff like fix a certain ride, water plants, etc. I would also like to be able to control the control booth at the rollercoaster station. Having buttons on my keyboard acting like the true buttons on the controls. And please make sure there is a sandbox mode with unlimited cash. I would also like to be able to get rid of the ticket booth. It gives that carnival feel and its rair to have a ticket booth in a theme park. I think we should have the option to have the ticket booth. But finally a true proper train station. It is a dream come true! ;) I would also like to see if you working on a waterpark too. Im sorry if this is a long list. But it truly looks fantastic. Great work! Thank you to the teams of Mattlab and Nvizzio! :D

tclimenhaga
07-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Hi everyone, first time poster. I had to get a say in because this screenshot is too awesome to not say something about! I really find it impressive, I love the rocky hills, the station design is awesome and curved paths are a huge win!

I will say that it seems as though whoever built the coaster was just building to create a screenshot and not really thinking about banking, or the right curvatures and angles of the hills to mimic real life. Just look at how long and awkward the transition is from station to lift, not realistic at all. But the coasters design (not layout) looks great, I think this is a great first example of how awesome the game will look.

As for people saying the game needs to look more dynamic and warm... I totally disagree! I think it is perfect as is. I'm not one for turning on glow and like to keep colors cool. Too much warmth is a bad thing and to me, this screenshot looks to have a nice yellow tint going for it, yet the sky and ticket on top of the booth have a great cool look to compliment the already warm tone the environment has. Even the green grass and trees have a yellow tint (probably due to a setting sun in the game).

The station length is like the old RCT games. You could build them 12 blocks long if you wanted and only have 2 cars on your train! I'm sure that's what is going on here. The station building itself looks better a little longer as a screenshot but that also means more airgates in the station which is weird to see on a 6 car train. So it was a compromise to create the perfect screenshot. I have no complaints about the track being too high above the station floor. I understand the issue it causes for many, but I am not bothered by it.

What I am bothered by is the lack of catwalks on the lift and brake run. Also, the queue line is WAY TOO WIDE! In reality queue lines are usually no more than 3 feet across, very tight. In this game, they are way to wide, and if the peeps are going to act like they did in the old game then they will look weird occupying only the center bit of the queue, I would love to see at least one third of the queue lines width removed, basically they should be just a bit wider than the station rows are. That would impact the game look in a huge and positive way. Compare the queue width to the coaster track width, the queue is unrealistically too wide! This is my biggest complaint of all about the game, always has been, always will be until it's fixed! And yes, that means narrower entry and exit points at the station, just like in real life, queues and exit paths are narrower than the rest of the park paths.

I am with everyone else who says that the park paths (not queue) should be wider, that is a big must. Mostly because the benches and trash cans sit right on the walkway instead of on the side of the walkway like they should. For example: the front legs of the bench should be on top of the white border of the path and no further in than that. Having them completely on the path makes it look much more narrow than it should.

My last little complaint is that I would like to see banners and lamp posts NOT have to be built in sets of 2 (one on each side of the path) like in the old game. You should be able to place each individual lamp on the path where you want. The two lamps front and center in the screenshot (to the left of the logo), the one on the inside corner of the path looks good, like it would be placed there in real life, the one directly opposite the path looks out of place, I'm assuming this is due to it being connected to the other lamp (lamps built in pairs). I would like to see this go away, again lamps/banners and the like should be built individually, not in pairs. Also not block/grid dependent. In the old game they had to go in the center/edge of a block on the grid, it would be nice to have free range of the path, instead of being grid dependent.

To anyone who read through all this congratulations! Does anyone agree with me? MAKE THE QUEUE NARROWER!!!!!

rollercoasterfan
07-10-2015, 11:01 PM
I Don't see a lift hill. A couple users have posted not seeing a catwalk on the lift hill. Can someone post zoomed in pic of the lift hill, cause I don't see it.

NejiHyuga900
07-10-2015, 11:31 PM
I Don't see a lift hill. A couple users have posted not seeing a catwalk on the lift hill. Can someone post zoomed in pic of the lift hill, cause I don't see it.
I see chains on the middle left of the track right after the station. But I hope catwalks will be in the game.

jchristiansmith
07-11-2015, 12:55 AM
Oh yeah, for sure! Actually, I never really even realized how small the trees have been in all the games until I read your comment. Would be so awesome to have huge trees that coasters could weave through!

Would love to see this as well! Larger tree's in general, and a variety from small to large.

Also, as others have pointed out I haven't noticed any terraforming. Everything is flat. This was a big feature in all the previous games so I hope we still have it. I know they have a lot they haven't revealed yet, but I always loved being able to create hills, waterfalls and rivers in RCT3. Now that we have curved paths it would be so much easier to weave the park around the terrain and make it look like a real park. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

PlanetAlexander
07-11-2015, 02:30 AM
I couldn't breathe for a minute when I first saw this.

This screenshot has SO much of what RCT3 sadly missed out on:
-Smooth queue lines
-Rollercoaster divided line-up stations
-Modern Coaster Roofing
-Ticket booth AND controller booth
-Modern twin coaster supports
-And of course, the thing we all wanted...

CURVED PATHS!

I just hope that we have the option to place the supports ourselves, and that some queue paths look the same as normal paths. When can we see the user interface? That is also really important.
Great to see such an amazing update!

rct-uwe
07-11-2015, 02:59 AM
Has anybody noticed this?
"...and you will also see in some of the features we will announce (think UGC at launch!)"

If UGC isn't a game expo, it means that CSO (custom scenery objects) will probably be implemented from the beginning.
The new phrase UGC (user generated content?) could be real sign for more stuff made by the users than just scenery.

Mattlab, we would like to know how your station designing and path creating ideas will work like... maybe you could give us some explantations (e.g. with basic sketches).

Time for the first water ride infos?

mvre282
07-11-2015, 03:16 AM
Sorry for the quick post. But I would think from the size of the car and the lenght of the station and break section. It looks like you could possibly load 2 trains at once and then that last little part would be the unloading area where they exit out of the station where you do not see any gates to the exit ramp. This is what I'm thinking just from the picture. Least I hope so for sure.

The train in the background in pretty large, and on a normal roller coaster you get off the same time the next load gets on.

BigTime_Katar
07-11-2015, 09:40 AM
I see that Atari self-promotion bush there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wayne
07-11-2015, 10:26 AM
The train in the background in pretty large, and on a normal roller coaster you get off the same time the next load gets on.

This is not necessarily true. I have been to many parks where you have one area where you get off at another location and then one normal loading area zone. So it is possible to have 2 areas one to get off and one to load.

ddrplaya4638
07-11-2015, 10:32 AM
Mattlab, do you think you could reply to some of our concerns about the station, catwalks, and customization?

lcmunc
07-11-2015, 01:35 PM
Is it just me, or is this screenshot completely different from the all the previous shots... and that's a good thing!!!!

neboo_chase_
07-11-2015, 02:22 PM
I agree, the queue line, station, and everything else looks terrific. I would also love it if we could add catwalks to the lift hill and brake run.

magicart87
07-11-2015, 04:17 PM
Mattlab, do you think you could reply to some of our concerns about the station, catwalks, and customization?

Don't forget the queue line width, path height, lack of large trees, mismatch designs, ticket booth, control booth, etc. ;)

k1ng r4t
07-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Another path related thing I hope to see is way more tile designs. The default ones in RCT3 were so awful I can't even. There should be at least 15 designs for queues and paths, or the ability to make custom designs (or at least mix and match pre-set designs), which would be nothing short of amazing.

Paul_Boland
07-11-2015, 07:10 PM
What is this fixation with catwalks now??? First it was curved paths, and now that we have those it's catwalks! Do we really need catwalks? They will clutter up the sides of the coaster track and serve no function to the game. The screenshot is awesome! I don't see a need to add clutter.

magicart87
07-11-2015, 07:35 PM
What is this fixation with catwalks now??? First it was curved paths, and now that we have those it's catwalks! Do we really need catwalks? They will clutter up the sides of the coaster track and serve no function to the game. The screenshot is awesome! I don't see a need to add clutter.

"Group think" mentality.:rolleyes:

Honestly, I'm on the fence about catwalks. They add realism but if they don't actually contribute anything to the game, why bother. Then again, why not have them anyway. Or have them be an optional on/off toggle in view mode.

skyman
07-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Pros:
- Curved paths
- Realistic station design
- Turnstiles/rows for peeps to enter the coaster train
- Background
- Great overall appearance, seriously this looks amazing

Cons:
- Either the coaster crosses its own path toward the bottom of the hill or the coaster makes a very sharp, non-banked turn that looks very un-natural
- The scenery (mainly the shrubbery) can use more color/texture
-The ticket booth is located after the queue, should be before if needed at all
- **I hope that the coaster designer tool allows for smooth transitions between track segments. From the picture, this does not necessarily appear to be the case. There is a distinction that I must make between nice curved segments and smooth transition points, I am talking about the transition points (clearly the coaster has nice curved segments in the picture). I'm just hoping that, for example, when I am using the on board camera that I cannot clearly know that the cars just passed a transition point in the track. I hope the ride has a continuous feel, one element flowing evenly into the next. After all, a roller coaster-based game should focus on coaster design first, supporting details second.** This isn't a confirmed problem, just a concern that I have.

demomode_br
07-12-2015, 02:10 AM
Fix
- Ticket Booth before or outside the queue. If it's outside (like any store and only if it's a paid ride) guests would buy tickets, enter the ride queue and give the tickets to the turnstile employee.
- Change Ticket Booth gates to turnstile

rct-uwe
07-12-2015, 05:38 AM
Fix
- Ticket Booth before or outside the queue. If it's outside (like any store and only if it's a paid ride) guests would buy tickets, enter the ride queue and give the tickets to the turnstile employee.
- Change Ticket Booth gates to turnstile

I don't need ticket booths at all. Even if I have to set a ride fee, I don't need it.

At fun fairs peeps pay before they enter a queue line. The idea of ticket stalls isn't bad.

I know thay they have a problem how/where to collect the money for a ride and what about to do if they can't ride it... My idea is that peeps pay the ride (without any booth) when they're leaving trough the exit.

Scott97
07-12-2015, 05:40 AM
Fix
I prefer it how it is actually, I think that would be how it's done in real life incase people get cold feet or the ride breaks down, just makes it easier

While I'm here, the page that the coming soon button at the top links to has been updated in the last few days to add the developer name, so while that doesn't confirm the features list is still the same, it suggests that it might be.

Innovative Track Builder: Create the coolest and wildest coasters imaginable with our best track editor ever!
First-Time 3D Builder: For the first time, tracks can be fully manipulated in 3D.
Deformable Terrain: Bringing back a classic feature – the terrain will be completely deformable allowing players to build amazing rides and change the landscape as they do so in full 3D.

These are just a couple of things that I've seen posted in this thread, so as far as I'm aware they're still planning to have terrain tools (I'd be shocked if they didn't anyway) and they're making coasters smoother (I read it as being able to make the track like it is in Parkitect, not being limited to certain banking and curve angles)

Big_Boy
07-12-2015, 06:01 AM
well a blog post whit more screenshots would be nice, to see the hud, total overview of the park etc.

louis581
07-12-2015, 07:55 AM
Hi everyone

I haven't posted much here but I am already following this since the beginning!
And this screenshot looks amazing!

I'd like to make a remark about the station because some people are worried about how 'not custimisible' it is.
Some people think that roof and all looks like one piece but I think it's not.
I think it exists of a base, those red pillars and the actual roof.
You see those red squares on the other side of the track parallel to the red pillars?
I think those are supposed to be points whereon you could attach those red pillars if you want a roof like pictures but hanging from the other side.
This also means you could just not place the pilars and roof which makes it possible to build your own building around the base.

So people; don't worry ;)
This game will be amazing!

Indominus
07-12-2015, 09:26 AM
@Mattlab : You guys should add turnstiles instead of the ugly outdated little gates with the stop sign on.
Also catwalks should be added to make it perfect.

doobieters
07-12-2015, 10:00 AM
Hello. I've been following the development for quite some time now.. It's been a rough ride but with the new dev i really hope that the game will be the way that the fans want it to be. They can take as long as they want if that means that we'll get a proper sequel.

My trust is raised by the new screenshot, so much so that I did a pre-order for the game. I'm probably the only one in the world right now with a pre-order for RCT:W.

Just one thing left for me to discuss: please, drop the peeps thing. Nobody likes them. Just make some regular looking people and call them guests of whatever. Just not peeps. Plz. Can you do that for me?

rct-uwe
07-12-2015, 11:37 AM
Just one thing left for me to discuss: please, drop the peeps thing. Nobody likes them. Just make some regular looking people and call them guests of whatever. Just not peeps. Plz. Can you do that for me?

What means "regular" looking people? They have to fit to the style of the game. I think that the actual (last seen) style is very good.

There's nood need to talk about how to call them... ingame they're called "guests" since RCT 1.
The word "peeps" is used by the fans of the franchise and it will always be that way!

k1ng r4t
07-12-2015, 01:37 PM
Personally I love the peeps, they are the primary tone-setter for RCT in my opinion. I'm all for a restyling, but I still expect slightly out of proportion heads and cheesy smiles.

rctshack
07-12-2015, 01:40 PM
So first off I'd like to say that this is a HUGE improvement since we were first introduced to the game, like massively improved. So thank you for actually listening to the fans and getting this game turned around.

That said, this game has been turned around and is now on par with what it SHOULD have been all along. Everyone is freaking out about this screenshot (understandably so because it's improved a lot) but when it comes down to it, these are all things that a game coming out 10 years after the previous one should have. So I'm not freaking out the same way everyone else seems to be, I'm sort of just nodding and thinking this is the right track. Things like curved paths should be something we celebrate and cry tears of happiness about... it should have been something a modern game thought about right off the bat. Many of the positive comments about this photo should be things that were assumed to be part of the game of this caliber.

But even with the positives we see, I have a few concerns because of the shots I've seen so far. Curved paths are great, but I don't see any signs of anything else aligning with those curved paths... everything else still appears to have to be built on the grid. Maybe I'm wrong here, but looking at the light poles and the gardens and the ride itself, everything is still built to the specs of the 90 and 45 degree angles we had in the last game, we haven't been liberated from the grid, just the paths. I really hope i'm wrong on that, but the light poles not twisting to adjust to the curved path doesn't give me faith.

My other concern is that everything is the width of the grid blocks and consistently the same width, no differences in sizing. Maybe that will be incorporated later as well, but seeing the line for the ticket booth being the same with of the park paths... it seems very cookie cutter. The line going to the coaster should be at least half the width in any normal setting but I fear that there is no option to reduce sizing smaller because of the grid system that is still underlying in the game. Same with the park paths, they should be larger for certain areas than others especially when benches are applied. I hope that because paths were able to not form along that grid, that now all the rest of the content can break away from it as well. i would hate to have food stalls and scenery only be allowed to face in the specific 45 degree angles, and so far that's all we've seen. Prove me wrong atari, please.

Finally the coaster seems to not bank, which may likely be because they part of the game is still being built and implemented so i won't write forever about it, but it's noticeable and hopefully that will be improved, especially since that's the whole emphasis of this game.

I'm really happy that this game is coming along so much better than before, but like i said above... we've reached the point where you have now caught up to where a normal game should be... and now i would like to actually be wow'ed by new concepts, ideas, surprises, and things that push the boundaries, and maybe finally see some life in the park. I think the reason everyone was so captivated by Planet Coasters trailer and first videos were because it feels alive and unique and had personality... so far this game looks alright, but lacks personality and life. And I'm afraid that you all spent so much time with the wrong companies that all this time will be spent making the same game as before with a few modern updates, and nothing new or unique will be created. I am happy to see individual lines for the coaster cars, that was nice to see, but that's the only thing in this screenshot that made me raise my eyebrows, everything else should have been there since day 1 on the drawing board.

Rogue
07-12-2015, 03:43 PM
Agreed. The peeps definitely need to remain the way they are, with a bit of adjustments of course. But I personally love how they look, it fits the style of the game. I just hope there's a wider selection of clothing/appearances when it comes to the peeps. And it would also be awesome if we could make our own couples!

1wolffan
07-13-2015, 01:06 AM
Okay, first off...
The sidewalks themselves, are level with the ground. What's making it look like they are raised, is that there's a curb generated around the entire path system. the curb bounces up (though not easily seen in this shot) from the sidewalk, then back down to the grass (the part we see easily enough), so where we think the paths are, is the top of the curb hop. There's just an optical illusion there.
The 'ramp' everyone has been commenting on, looks like the crosswalks in Skylines, that are created when the road (or in this case, path) has some kind of transition; like from regular road, to bridge (or in this case, straight path to curved path). That little ramp you guys were focusing on for a bit just looks like the sidewalk ramps you see in cities that jump down the curb to the road/crosswalk you need to cross at.

Other than that...
Yes, this is a great improvement from what was originally being developed. And, as was so aptly put up above, the game is now where it should have been all along for a 2015 game (2016... at the rate of all the things you guys want the devs to work on). BUT, at least it looks like a game. After he wreck of the DS version, I will remain cautious about this game.

I love the series as much as any of you; more than some, as it has helped me get through some seriously tough times regarding my Mother's health. And if it weren't for the 3DS/4 debacle, I'd have bought a pre-order as soon as it were available. But, I liked aspects from all the first three games, and I WILL support these guys as best as I can. I know very little about programming, but I DO know enough that it's not just something they can magically pull out of their hats. I'm VERY glad you guys had POSITIVE feedback for them (not gonna try to spell the name, just call them ZV) this time, to go along with a few constructive criticisms.

That being said, here are my constructive comments:

The supports still look like toothpicks holding up girders and should be made to look more like, you know supports. Though the Junior coasters have always looked like they didn't really have good supports.
Who-Hoo! Curved paths!
Now make sure other assets line up to them. Shops stalls and scenery will look downright ridiculous if they don't.
The original RCT game was all about charm. Now you have really nice realistic looking assets developing, but don't lose the charm (stoplight yes, but not nearly as big). There's a marked difference between cartoony, and charming...
Why complain about Tilt-Shift looks guys? It's a way to make it fun while keeping the graphics pretty nice (Cities:Skylines).
The colors still look rather washed out, but it's a nice improvement from the last screeny you guys provided. Keep in mind the colors of RCT1, RCT2 looked somewhat... muddy.
Do NOT forget to let us do tunnels for the walkways and rides, etc. This was one of the things I did NOT like about 3, until the 'Splash' Expansion.
The landscaping still looks kind of flat, it was mentioned that you'd have landscaping options, but don't forget to provide scenarios with cool/challenging/interesting landscaping already included.

*sigh* I do tend to go on typing sprees, don't I? Apologies; but thank you anyways if you made it this far. ;)

Heisenberg79
07-13-2015, 04:21 AM
Looks Great !!! THX !!!

jakemaster2003
07-13-2015, 07:32 AM
Guys if we want this game be a good game we need to help Atari with our words they dont see the fan side of the game we see things that they cant and we need to say that just get this picture of the game

http://i.gyazo.com/8796f0ddb4eb53240f806c3c26054beb.png

yeah this was from the last blog post with my edits look if you want that things needs to be fixed sent atari or the new developer a mail or post something with a picture with things that we want fix the pictures and send them to atari if you want that this game is a succes

Wayne
07-13-2015, 08:23 AM
I see your point with a few things, but not all parks have que lines half the size. Again though it would be a great idea to have the option to build a que line and then be able to cut it down in size and build it that way, giving you more que line to be able to build for the ride. So again it all comes down to choices, choices, choices.

Paul_Boland
07-13-2015, 08:31 AM
You're text is very hard to read, you should outline it or box it off. But I was able to read it all.

In RCT games, the ticket booth is always at the ride with the queue line leading to it.

I don't like smaller queue lines, real themepark queue lines are wide so people can mingle instead of standing behind each other. This is how it works in RCT3 and it's great looking to see people in groups in the line.

And we don't need sidewalks on the rollercoast track, it will just add clutter and take away from seeing the coaster in action.

Wayne
07-13-2015, 09:11 AM
Catwalks are a good idea if it's something we can control. Picking to have it on the left side/right side or both sides or even none. Depending on how we want to build our rides, again its all about being able to completely customize our coaster and theme park they way "We" want it. Not everyone is the same and neither will our parks!

Gandalf
07-13-2015, 09:23 AM
I would actualy disagree with you becouse.. Let's start with this

1.side walks - actualy doesn't matter no one will walk on it or something it would just stand there for nothing so no need to.
2.level hight tracks - it depends on which coaster becouse this is the "hyper"(I guess?) and it needs to be a little bit above the platform as it is shown in the picture, as I said it depends what coaster are you makin AND which coaster car is going to be placed.
3.ticket booth - does not work if it is before que line in real life someone could just jump over the fence and ride for free and just think about that in someway..
4.smaller que lines - well I don't know actualy but as @Paul_Boland said it is nice to see poeple in groups standing in the line not just 1 behind another and so on.. So I would say it's good to have little bit wider que lines not too much not to less..

So that's what I'm thinking so don't judge :D

Wayne
07-13-2015, 11:00 AM
No worries, all good ideas and again your opinion. But again it brings me back to my point, for certain rides I would want to have catwalks on the side of the coaster lift hills and you may not so its great to have the option to have them or not to have them. But again it comes down to personal preference. I think it would also be a great feature when or if they have the repair men in the game if they have them fix the rollercoaster maybe have it animated where the person walks up the lift hill. Or they have a before the park opens inspection where they walk up the lift hill to inspect the ride. Or something along those lines, it could be made where its used but before it never was. Just thoughts running in my head. But we all see different so its all great!

Deuce
07-13-2015, 01:24 PM
I'm very much in agreement with those in this thread that have pointed out that although the game looks a million times better than before, it also just looks like it always should have done.

There are a few very good things. The paths appear spline based which is great, the coaster station is very good and the background is full 3D, a massive improvement.

But overall, it's probably sensible to remain ever so slightly cautious. The game does just look like RCT3 with 11 years of advancement in technology. That should really be the minimum we would expect, not in itself cause to celebrate.

As ever, we can't really judge anything until we see in game footage with peeps and physics etc.

AUS_Twisted
07-13-2015, 01:34 PM
Red on green is not a very good contrasting color without a border.

JayB_Yolo
07-13-2015, 01:52 PM
I would say that it pretty much covers every problem with the screenshot :).

Scott97
07-13-2015, 02:03 PM
I actually prefer the ticket booth where it is, and I'd be quite miffed if it was moved to the start of the queue, it looks nice and tidy where it is. I would quite like the option to half the size of the queue line though so we could possibly add a fastpass or single rider queue alongside part of it. The catwalks issue isn't an issue for me, unless they're planning to make the breakdowns more realistic where rides are evacuated on the lift hill (which I would love by the way)

Marvin
07-13-2015, 02:06 PM
You're text is very hard to read, you should outline it to box it off. But I was able to read it all.

In RCT games, the ticket booth is always at the ride with the queue line leading to it.

I don't like smaller queue lines, real themepark queue lines are wide so people can mingle instead of standing behind each other. This is how it works in RCT3 and it's great looking to see people in groups in the line.

And we don't need sidewalks on the rollercoast track, it will just add clutter and take away from seeing the coaster in action.

Just because the ticket booths have always been there doesn't mean they have to keep it there. It should be something like a turn-style anyway. Plus if a ride is free, what is the purpose of a ticket booth? They should be optional.

Also about the smaller queue lines, real theme queue lines are wide but the path they come from are wider. They shouldn't be the same width. I think that's what the problem is. The main paths should be wider.

Catwalk (the "sidewalks") are on 99% of roller coasters and are one of the most wanted things in the game. Just look on YouTube and see how many people have added them to their coaster creations. It wouldn't take away from anything because they're on certain parts, such as the lift hill and brake run.

ncutt010
07-13-2015, 03:01 PM
I hope they ditched that 4 themes idea they had earlier...would be better if they gave us generic themed rides and allowed us to customize by themed scenery, like the past rctw.

Akydo
07-13-2015, 04:55 PM
I know people already said this. just for a reminder, To MaTTLab Lower the Tracks on the Station its too high. I hope people keep saying this. So that RCTW Guys dont forget to Lower it. when the game comes out.

Also they Put the Ride Exit on the Wrongside. how are guess going to get off, they would have to Jump over the tracks and dodge the train. Iknow they just did for having a pretty screenshot sake. It just Looks funny.

Make the Traffic light on the station skinnyer and a little shorter.

Deuce
07-13-2015, 06:32 PM
I know people already said this. just for a reminder, To MaTTLab Lower the Tracks on the Station its too high. I hope people keep saying this. So that RCTW Guys dont forget to Lower it. when the game comes out.

Also they Put the Ride Exit on the Wrongside. how are guess going to get off, they would have to Jump over the tracks and dodge the train. Iknow they just did for having a pretty screenshot sake. It just Looks funny.

Make the Traffic light on the station skinnyer and a little shorter.

Or just lose the traffic light and replace with a video screen that plays a short film before the train departs like in real life.

It's not as if the riders are in control of when the train leaves the station - the don't need a traffic light!! What traffic!?

0BobTheJanitor
07-13-2015, 06:46 PM
Simple fix for traffic light: add mod support

Wayne
07-13-2015, 07:10 PM
They can still get off on the same side. I have seem this done for rides in tight spaces. May also be at a different unloading area but same side. Again depending on the ride if it were a wing coaster it would need to be on both sides but still..

Deuce
07-13-2015, 07:18 PM
Simple fix for traffic light: add mod support

Wouldn't be an easy mod if traffic light was part of the same asset that is functionally linked to coaster operation though. For me it's not about how to deal with the traffic light, but why it exists in the first place. I don't think I've ever been on a coaster that waited for a traffic light to set off!

But speaking of mod support. As unity is so widely understood and used by so many people, it's much easier to decompile and mod a unity built game than one using a proprietary engine. I expect that within a few months of launch there will be core mods for the game that will change anything Atari fail to address. I don't think Atari are much motivated to invite modding, but their choice of unity engine frankly makes it inevitable that it can and will happen.

magicart87
07-13-2015, 07:31 PM
Wouldn't be an easy mod if traffic light was part of the same asset that is functionally linked to coaster operation though. For me it's not about how to deal with the traffic light, but why it exists in the first place. I don't think I've ever been on a coaster that waited for a traffic light to set off!

It exists for continuity. A traffic light dispatch has been used throughout the franchise RCT-RCT3. I don't mind it. Although I would like it to be less "invasive". Maybe a smaller version protruding from the control booth, or at the opposite side of the station. It would be nice to toggle it OFF too. Hiding it from view. I also think, as someone else mentioned; Variations would be good. Different themed versions as well as different dispatch indicator methods based on coaster styles. Gates for Dive Coasters, Drop Floor for Inverted, etc.

Deuce
07-13-2015, 08:05 PM
It exists for continuity. A traffic light dispatch has been used throughout the franchise RCT-RCT3. I don't mind it. Although I would like it to be less "invasive". Maybe a smaller version protruding from the control booth, or at the opposite side of the station. It would be nice to toggle it OFF too. Hiding it from view. I also think, as someone else mentioned; Variations would be good. Different themed versions as well as different dispatch indicator methods based on coaster styles. Gates for Dive Coasters, Drop Floor for Inverted, etc.

That's the big question really. They show us a lot of eye candy but fancy graphics are easy these days. This game will sink or swim by the level of depth and thought they put into each element. I'm a little worried that every coaster will have the same traffic light as that is 'good enough'. But really no great game (rct3 was a great game by any measure) came about with 'good enough' thinking.

Graphics great, but par for the course in 2015. I hope the game itself has evolved in line with the graphics.

Sandsh8rk
07-13-2015, 10:11 PM
We can't really say anything about the gameplay mechanics just yet as we haven't been shown anything in action or had anything demonstrated to us. We'll just have to wait, and hope that Atari and Nvizzio can live up to their word that RCTW will be a AAA game.

Kabel
07-13-2015, 11:43 PM
I don't understand why people are worried about the inclusion of banked curves. There would be no reason to exclude banked curves. It's a roller coaster game.

James
07-14-2015, 12:49 AM
Hopefully there will be options for different stations for the different coaster types, similar to the B&M wing coaster in TPS, the station differs to the generic station for the Intamins or the other B&M types. Also I do hope you can have two trains in the station at a time for loading and unloading. (The smiler springs to mind. Similar concept, except the exit is on the opposite side to the air gates.) Also I'm thinking will the number of air gates in the station increase/decrease depending on how many cars you have on a train? Wouldn't want the space to be wasted for nothing.

1wolffan
07-14-2015, 03:05 AM
Why is everyone griping about the exit being on the same side as the entrance?
You act like you've never played the originals before. The classic games gave you a choice which side of the stations to add entrances and exits. It's up to YOU whether to make it flow better or not. }:)

Wayne
07-14-2015, 08:28 AM
Why is everyone griping about the exit being on the same side as the entrance?
You act like you've never played the originals before. The classic games gave you a choice which side of the stations to add entrances and exits. It's up to YOU whether to make it flow better or not. }:)

Yeah I'm really not sure. And really there are a good bit of real rides that load and un-load from the same side, so who knows. I agree with you.

k1ng r4t
07-14-2015, 12:44 PM
I think most people are excited about everything in the picture and just nit picking at the little things to provide any sort of criticism for potential improvement. Definitely not saying that's a bad thing, but that's why they're so worked up about cat walks and exits. Now I did see someone say if the game doesn't have catwalks they won't buy this game period, which seems kinda...extreme. Honestly I don't see them not including catwalks, at least to some extent, like RCT3 on certain types of rides. And the stair cases in pools were basically cat walks so. And there's no way they're going to force exits to be on the same side as entrances.

I assume/hope they'll have just about everything RCT3 did, just improved and with some new stuff too.

llevene
07-14-2015, 04:14 PM
Wow this game looks so good! The one thing i noticed is there were no catwalks? I hope they will have those in the final game. Apart from that it looks amazing!!!!

freez99313
07-14-2015, 04:37 PM
I love it!!!!

jchristiansmith
07-14-2015, 05:22 PM
I think most people are excited about everything in the picture and just nit picking at the little things to provide any sort of criticism for potential improvement. Definitely not saying that's a bad thing, but that's why they're so worked up about cat walks and exits. Now I did see someone say if the game doesn't have catwalks they won't buy this game period, which seems kinda...extreme. Honestly I don't see them not including catwalks, at least to some extent, like RCT3 on certain types of rides. And the stair cases in pools were basically cat walks so. And there's no way they're going to force exits to be on the same side as entrances.

I assume/hope they'll have just about everything RCT3 did, just improved and with some new stuff too.

I agree its ridiculous to say you're not going to buy a game over a something like catwalks, but I do want to point out that the trailer opens with a long shot of a chain lift, which of course have catwalks on both sides. It seems funny to have the chain lift be such an integral part of the trailer, but not try to create that same feeling in-game. To me, the chain lift is one of the quintessential roller coaster elements. When those bars go down and the chain starts going, your heart starts beating faster, your stomach starts to churn, and you're excited and anxious for whats about to come. It's like when the lights go down in the movie theater and the music starts playing, the company logos and title flash on screen, you get yourself ready for the movie ahead. There's that feeling there, not knowing whats going to happen or what your going to experience, but you're ready to go on an adventure and excited for whats in store. To me that sums up the theme park experience, and the chain life helps drive that experience. That's probably why so many people are passionate about chain lifts. We all know that feeling of being on one.

0BobTheJanitor
07-14-2015, 08:03 PM
I don't understand why people are worried about the inclusion of banked curves. There would be no reason to exclude banked curves. It's a roller coaster game.

We haven't seen a picture with one yet. This is my biggest worry at the current moment.

Deuce
07-14-2015, 08:21 PM
We haven't seen a picture with one yet. This is my biggest worry at the current moment.

I would be hilariously bad if they released the game with coasters that didn't bank. It would make it the least realistic game in RCT history! Buck luckily I think it would be such a dumb decision that I just don't believe they would do it.

I don't always give Atari much credit because I know that they pretty much have to try and cut some corners - they simply aren't in a position to plough as much money into this game as it deserves (RCT3 shifted over 10m copies). But even don't think it's remotely likely they would cut a corner so massive as not making coaster track banking a feature. It wouldn't save them a cent as they would surely lose many sales if you can't even make a realistic coaster.

I suspect it's more likely its just a stage of development they haven't reached yet.

Wayne
07-15-2015, 08:09 AM

It would turn into another issue with the first video and picture release. People would explode with rage and Atari's version of RCT would then come to a end. So I highly doubt they would leave out banked curved again for as real as this new images look they won't leave out banked curves. Yes they may not have any of that shown in game but its a waiting game to see with the other progress. On top of that I kinda agree with Deuce, they won't leave banked curves out if they did this would be bad for RCTW. For me these are all early images we are seeing things will change, items will be added and items will be deleted and so forth. They could be working on the non-grid system and being able to build the coaster a certain way before they tackle the banked curves and so forth. Or better yet maybe they are wanting to show us a video on how the banked curves may work, who knows this could be a fully customize-able or something with banked curves and they may not have this system implemented yet.

Atari is at least kind enough to show us progress, unlike Frontier with their game "Planet Coaster". You are pretty much left out to eat cotton candy and other junk food before you will see any updates on their site.