PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Announced possible roller coaster concepts!

ncutt010
12-17-2014, 08:08 AM
What are your thoughts on the possible roller coaster concepts that were announced a few weeks back?

Make sure to reply and explain your reasoning.

Wabigbear
12-17-2014, 08:30 AM
I think they strike a nice balance between the cartoonish fanciful and more realistic styles. There's certainly people who favor one over the other, so this seems a nice compromise so far.

Silvarret
12-17-2014, 12:28 PM
^ I agree. I especially like those minecarts though, despite their simple design.

RCTW1
12-17-2014, 02:26 PM
They're okay. I guess. I'm not much of a theme person.

Taizen
12-17-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm hoping they include realistic trains that exist in real life.

ncutt010
12-17-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm hoping they include realistic trains that exist in real life.

Agree, I'm not a big fan of these but as long as they include pretty much every realistic coaster type (just like rct1 and rct2 did) I will be just happy.

Some of these concepts though are just waaayy to far out there....
How are coasters 1, 2, 8, 10, and 11 even possible!?

blueangel8xxx
12-21-2014, 06:49 PM
I think their inbetween cartoonish and realistic but for me, graphics isn't a big deal . As long as its not below what RCT3's graphics were, not that I had anything against RCT3. I still love it and play it today.

Future RCT
12-21-2014, 07:50 PM
Some of these concepts though are just waaayy to far out there....
How are coasters 1, 2, 8, 10, and 11 even possible!?

Because it's a game.

Seriously though, the wooden cars to the right are as generic as you can get. As long as they include cars like that for every coaster, it shouldn't matter what kinds of wacky ones they include for people who want to make a more fantastical park.

unclekrusty
12-21-2014, 09:06 PM
They're a nice change from the original, generic rollercoaster train designs.

ncutt010
12-21-2014, 10:47 PM
Because it's a game.

Seriously though, the wooden cars to the right are as generic as you can get. As long as they include cars like that for every coaster, it shouldn't matter what kinds of wacky ones they include for people who want to make a more fantastical park.

They didn't have anything like that in rct1 rct2 or rct3..those games were great and id hate to see them deviate from their orginal game concept with these ultra unrealistic coasters...I hope this game doesn't turn into all unrealistic rides and coasters

Future RCT
12-21-2014, 10:57 PM
They didn't have anything like that in rct1 rct2 or rct3..those games were great and id hate to see them deviate from their orginal game concept with these ultra unrealistic coasters...I hope this game doesn't turn into all unrealistic rides and coasters

But what's wrong with having them as an option? Also, as I said before, they did show a couple generic cars, so they're not going to be all unrealistic.

ncutt010
12-21-2014, 11:07 PM
But what's wrong with having them as an option? Also, as I said before, they did show a couple generic cars, so they're not going to be all unrealistic.

Lol..thats exactly what I said in my original post

...I'm not a big fan of these but as long as they include pretty much every realistic coaster type (just like rct1 and rct2 did) I will be just happy....

rct-uwe
12-23-2014, 10:53 AM
no 1, 8, and 9 are more famlily rides than rollercoasters
no 10 is really unrealistic

no 2 is the front car of the Mack Rides' youngster coaster ("Pegasus" Europapark, Germany)

the other concepts are ok

justinm_
12-23-2014, 05:57 PM
i pretty much agree with everyone but i think no 2 and 10 should only be on junior coasters otherwise it could make the rest of the game look childish.

fluffyman24
12-23-2014, 11:08 PM
^ I agree. I especially like those minecarts though, despite their simple design.

Reminds me of the Disney seven dwarfs ride in Orlando :D

Mightykiko
12-24-2014, 02:18 AM
The beauty of these designs is that the concept artists are taking a Disney approach, adding a cartoonish whim to the designs.

a-can-o-beans
01-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Coaster trains and track will be a deal breaker for me. if they dont include the REAL looking coaster tracks and REAL generic trains i wont play. if i want a generic looping coaster i shouldn't have to decide if i want the train to be a mine cart or a sports car or a Pegasus unless that's EXACTLY how i want to theme the ride. please atari just make sure to add all the generic trains like you did in rct2 and 3.. i don't care about themed trains IF we have the option to be generic

ncutt010
01-06-2015, 10:56 PM
Coaster trains and track will be a deal breaker for me. if they dont include the REAL looking coaster tracks and REAL generic trains i wont play. if i want a generic looping coaster i shouldn't have to decide if i want the train to be a mine cart or a sports car or a Pegasus unless that's EXACTLY how i want to theme the ride. please atari just make sure to add all the generic trains like you did in rct2 and 3.. i don't care about themed trains IF we have the option to be generic

Yep...Agree 100%..as long as they include every generic coaster I will be just happy.

0BobTheJanitor
01-06-2015, 11:04 PM
There should have been a middle option, because I like some, but not others.

RCTW1
01-07-2015, 02:12 AM
The only thing I might coordinate, is colors, but I'm not really a theme person either.
Speaking of colors, I sure hope there is a bigger color pallet.

Eliminarth
01-07-2015, 06:59 AM
I like the different designs. I hope to see more soon. They give excellent opportunities to build different themes in your park so far for me. I already got some ideas for my park.

ProphetLord420
01-07-2015, 11:18 AM
I think they are cool IF they have all original also, I don't want to be forced into their use either. Just a honest question to these peeps saying they don't care for theming, I ask why play this game? Seriously though I am not trolling I honestly want to know the answer, what aspects of the game do you find to be what you focus on? As somebody who makes Theme Parks in the games I can not comprehend not theming, everything part of my parks are themed..

a-can-o-beans
01-07-2015, 12:37 PM
I think they are cool IF they have all original also, I don't want to be forced into their use either. Just a honest question to these peeps saying they don't care for theming, I ask why play this game? Seriously though I am not trolling I honestly want to know the answer, what aspects of the game do you find to be what you focus on? As somebody who makes Theme Parks in the games I can not comprehend not theming, everything part of my parks are themed..

to answer your question there are alot of us who want to build realistic looking parks . not every ride is themed extensively and we like to make sure that is something we can achieve. not to mention that alot of these themed train concepts are very specific. just cause im making a pirate themed ride doesn't mean i need my trains to be pirate ships. generic models add believability to these rides and i would say there are alot of us who want that added realism. myself included

Helena
01-12-2015, 09:02 AM
I want real rides. Can it work in real life? Ok good! If not? Remove it from game!

I want to see rides that are generic but recolorable, and maybe add decals to them to customize them. (import png files or ready made decals)

CreamyBeef
01-13-2015, 05:08 PM
Don't like 'em. We need kinda generic B*M Sit down type cars.

Pony Clark
01-14-2015, 03:10 PM
Well, I like them very much. On my opinion, the game can be very themed, because the realistic stuff will come from the community anyways like it did in RCT3. So there for: Why not have something funky to give it a more Cartoonish look?
Also there surely won't be the only types of cars, we'll be able so select. There will also be general plain ones.

BenVenn
01-15-2015, 12:22 PM
They're nice, I could see myself using the more generic themed rides for the realism of my parks. But for the scenario's where you have to stick to a specific theme. They could work well. In general though, I'd prefer using the standard coasters

RCTW1
01-15-2015, 02:14 PM
The only way I theme, well sorta, is through color patterns.