PDA

View Full Version : Blog Post #11 Ideas

Kombiice
06-15-2015, 10:22 AM
Hey. Which questions do you have for Blog Post #11 ?? When do you think it comes ??

post it here ;)

MR.sugar
06-15-2015, 04:08 PM
Would be proper time to make proper news announcement, with bunch of screenshots, developer introduction and maybe at least short teaser trailer.

The Stig
06-15-2015, 04:22 PM
I'm expecting a few interviews with Gamespot, IGN, Game Informer, etc. to be coming out soon. Probably nothing we don't already know. Unity 5, engine overhaul, lots of work being done on the blah blah. The word 'milestone' will be used. Maybe if we're lucky, they'll name the new developer.

If they decide to release a new screenshot, I'm expecting a station piece, or a queue piece, or maybe a support if we're lucky.

It'll be short and sweet, just like the last few.
... And I'm guessing it'll be posted Friday.

Kendall
06-15-2015, 05:55 PM
Will we be able to sync coasters together for dual coaster

Kendall
06-15-2015, 05:56 PM
Can the supports be real and not just a stick

Kendall
06-15-2015, 05:56 PM
Can we see the coaster building tool bar

Kendall
06-15-2015, 05:58 PM
Can you please use no limits 2 as your inspiration

Deuce
06-15-2015, 06:21 PM
I think that number 11 is dependant on this: https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?3498-Big-day-tomorrow!-E3

unclekrusty
06-16-2015, 12:52 AM
I, for one, would like to see a model of a different type of rollercoaster, or maybe a flat ride for good measure, or maybe even some character models.

LilyValley
06-16-2015, 12:58 AM
I would be overjoyed to have a screenshot of the game itself. To put it in my own words, the background was whited out and I want to see how this big picture actually looks. Surely that isn't a tall order?

JayB_Yolo
06-16-2015, 01:38 AM
Blog 11 would be about E3 and a possible new trailer.

Epic Wink
06-16-2015, 02:08 AM
I'd be surprised to see a blog at all this week: E3's on! Because of that, I'd be happy with just a pic of a flat ride or shop, and maybe a tiny bit of info on some of the placement or economy mechanics.

It really should be blog #12 that we discuss.

ExtraCheese
06-16-2015, 03:31 AM
Don't you guys read?! Atari is not showcasing on E3, so E3 will show NOTHING from RCTW (unless we get a surprise, but don't count on it).
Atari is attending though, so they are busy with that. Expect a new blog post next week with maybe some new information.
I would love to see a flat ride :)

The Stig
06-16-2015, 01:23 PM
Atari is heading to E3 so our forum posting and updating will likely be limited but present for the next few weeks. We won’t be showing the game publicly at E3, but we will be meeting with press to give them updates on RCTW and other Atari projects.

Expecting a few new articles in Gamespot, IGN, etc.
But nothing we don't already know.... Unless they wanted to name the new developer.

dwwilkin
06-17-2015, 02:55 PM
Now, I expect that Blog Post 11 needs to dispense with hype and get down to facts, and put something up that shows Atari has significant skin in the game with something that will WOW us as much as the PCSE trailer did.

Mattlab is always amazed at what the team is doing, how things are progessing, how we are going to be amazed and then we don't get something that really does blow us away. We have a booth concept, a restaurant concept (that may be gone) and a train/truck? from a coaster in detail. We need more than that now. If footage now from in game would be close to the PCSE trailer, if not better, it might be time to show a 30 second bite. There is such at Youtube for PCSE just showing a coaster train barrelling down a hill and turning. After that, you can see on the paths around the edges, peeps walk around and do their thing. An entertainer, in the background. That from RCTW would give us a lot to talk about.

Carl-
06-17-2015, 04:19 PM
There is now added pressure on Mattlab to release footage and more facts on the game, with PCSE (a game announced after RCTW) giving more teasers and opening up pre-orders for the game.

Deuce
06-17-2015, 04:21 PM
Just a quick question: Why is it called PCSE?

Planet Coaster:Simulation Evolved

answered in under 1 minute :)

Deuce
06-17-2015, 04:26 PM
Planet Coaster:Simulation Evolved

answered in under 1 minute :)

NB: I don't know if 'Simulation Evolved' is supposed to be part of the title or not, but we can't shorten it to just 'PC' because, well that's what you play it on and just gets confusing!

Oddly enough, the first mention of the acronym 'PCSE' was on these very forums. I've googled it extensively and it all leads back here. So for the rest of time, people googling a Frontier game, will find it via an acronym that was invented on Atari's forums.

I don't think there is a moral to this story, but there you go :)

magicart87
06-17-2015, 04:37 PM
NB: I don't know if 'Simulation Evolved' is supposed to be part of the title or not, but we can't shorten it to just 'PC' because, well that's what you play it on and just gets confusing!

Oddly enough, the first mention of the acronym 'PCSE' was on these very forums. I've googled it extensively and it all leads back here. So for the rest of time, people googling a Frontier game, will find it via an acronym that was invented on Atari's forums.

I don't think there is a moral to this story, but there you go :)

I had deleted my post.I figured it out and assumed it wouldn't be answered. C'est la vie! I can't say I'm fond of the name. But I guess it's better than "PC".

Best Guess for Blog Post 11 - Peeps queuing and exiting a thrill ride.

coaster6
06-17-2015, 05:34 PM

I don't think there is a moral to this story, but there you go :) Yeah I was annoyed bc I think the name includes the Simulation Evolved and PC is a horrible acronym.

Deuce
06-17-2015, 05:37 PM
Yeah I was annoyed bc I think the name includes the Simulation Evolved and PC is a horrible acronym.

True - but I uncovered a bit more about the name change here: https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?3522-Some-new-Planet-Coaster-details-David-Braben-Interview

magicart87
06-17-2015, 05:53 PM
Would be proper time to make proper news announcement, with bunch of screenshots, developer introduction and maybe at least short teaser trailer.

And not a moment too soon. :rolleyes:

Deuce
06-17-2015, 06:03 PM
And not a moment too soon. :rolleyes:

But really this might be the worst time for Atari to show us anything at all. They so clearly tried to do a 'budget' effort on RCTW in the first place, and whatever they're working on now, I can't help but think it's not in the same league as PCSE. Unless Atari decided to up their budget 10x since the trailer - which seems unlikely as they won't even reveal the new developer. And let's be brutally honest here, the last thing the showed us was a very low poly and out of proportion control box, that as ever with RCT, looks like it was designed to sit within a single square on a rigid grid. That simply isn't progress. It's not a bad idea but it would only be progress if it was pulled off in an ambitious way. That box didn't strike me as ambitious.

I think if anything this is now decision time for Atari. They have to either decide to go in big bucks for a sink or swim effort at a proper RCT game or simply give up.

It's impossible to say for sure, but I imagine that if we could have access to the developers offices, what we would see as work in progress wouldn't be on a par with what we hope for.

Wabigbear
06-18-2015, 10:13 AM
I agree with Deuce, and Atari putting out a trailer or releasing a ton of visuals would be the worst thing to do if they aren't yet up to a comparable level to what Frontier showed. Because no matter what they show us, it's going to be picked apart frame-by-frame, especially so after the disaster that was the first trailer. And any negative word of mouth could very well kill off what chances they may have for a real hit.

The question remains if their product is going to be up to the challenge, whether now or later. And it may still take more time to get there.

Deuce
06-18-2015, 10:28 AM
The question remains if their product is going to be up to the challenge, whether now or later. And it may still take more time to get there.

That's another good point you allude to. Whilst with the right commitment and funding it's possible Atari could match what Frontier are working on, it's hard to imagine them keeping up with Frontiers release schedule. The problem is that whichever game comes out first, starts to build an active community very quickly (modders/CS/youtube vids) and will likely take many more mid-long term sales as a result. Just like RCT3 did.

It must be a massive headache for Atari right now - and the stakes are incredibly high. RCT3 sold over 10 million copies in the end! It would put Atari back in the black several times over, even if they only sold a few million copies.

The Stig
06-18-2015, 10:51 AM
The thing we have to remember here, gentlemen: RCTW is behind schedule. I highly doubt that a delayed release date and multiple developers were ever included in this project's plan. Patience, grasshopper. It's had a rough start, but I think they've been heading in the right direction these past few weeks.

By the way, the control station looks gorgeous.

CedarPointFan
06-18-2015, 11:06 AM
I'm expecting a few interviews with Gamespot, IGN, Game Informer, etc. to be coming out soon. Probably nothing we don't already know. Unity 5, engine overhaul, lots of work being done on the blah blah. The word 'milestone' will be used. Maybe if we're lucky, they'll name the new developer.

If they decide to release a new screenshot, I'm expecting a station piece, or a queue piece, or maybe a support if we're lucky.

It'll be short and sweet, just like the last few.
... And I'm guessing it'll be posted Friday.

This is candy for my eyes.

Deuce
06-18-2015, 12:00 PM
By the way, the control station looks gorgeous.

Nope. You're wrong.

A beautiful woman wearing a little black dress strolling along the beach at sunset is gorgeous. The control booth is a low poly grey box with an out of proportion and totally pointless traffic light next to it.

Suggest you recalibrate your use of the word gorgeous before you offend someone by comparing them to something a child could create by accident in sketchup.

JayB_Yolo
06-18-2015, 12:17 PM
I think in next blog they should introduce us to their new dev team.

The Stig
06-18-2015, 01:02 PM
The control booth is a low poly grey box.

No, YOU'RE wrong!
That low poly box is definitely green.

Deuce
06-18-2015, 01:25 PM
No, YOU'RE wrong!
That low poly box is definitely green.

Fair point, it is green - I just checked. A greyish kinda grey green :D

Stream
06-18-2015, 02:54 PM
A beautiful woman wearing a little black dress strolling along the beach at sunset is gorgeous. The control booth is a low poly grey box with an out of proportion and totally pointless traffic light next to it.

Since I'm ***, I'm gonna say you're wrong about something else too, lol. Also, a homo high-five to Wabigbear!

Edit: lol, they censored [email protected]

Deuce
06-18-2015, 02:56 PM
Since I'm ***, I'm gonna say you're wrong about something else too, lol. Also, a homo high-five to Wabigbear!

Edit: lol, they censored [email protected]

You're joking!? They sensor... that word?? WTF??

Deuce
06-18-2015, 02:57 PM
You're joking!? They sensor... that word?? WTF??

Let's test Atari's level of political correctness:

Hi, I like Atari - I am straight.
Hi, I like Atari - I am ***.

Holy **** they cancel out *** but allow straight? This is beyond messed up!

Stream
06-18-2015, 02:59 PM
In all fairness it's probably so that people won't use it in a derogatory manner. Especially since they don't really have anyone to monitor this place...

But yes, it took me back a little when I saw the stars there at first.

PixelPlayer
06-18-2015, 03:02 PM
Some god damn game footage rather than pointless images of models would be nice for a change.

Deuce
06-18-2015, 03:06 PM
In all fairness it's probably so that people won't use it in a derogatory manner. Especially since they don't really have anyone to monitor this place...

But yes, it took me back a little when I saw the stars there at first.

So deal with the derogatory people! Don't deny a dudes right to be *** and then allow another person (me) the right to make a straight joke!!

I just posted this:https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?3531-Why-don-t-Atari-allow-use-of-word-***-what-century-is-this!&p=20488#post20488. It was a knee-jerk reaction because this *** **** isn't cool. If you think it's not a good idea I'll retract it but personally I think you should be pretty pissed off about his and stand your ground.

What a joke. It just goes to show how amatuer Atari are being to launch a public forum for a game series that has sold millions of copies yet don't bother to check that their 'bad word' filters are upto date.

Deuce
06-18-2015, 03:07 PM
Oh great - I can say I'm pissed off by Atari but I can't say Hi to a *** guy.

Stream
06-18-2015, 03:08 PM
I agree for sure, not bothered by the post. I also noticed that they don't censor Ass. So instead of saying that I'm ***, I can always just say that I like man ass.

Stream
06-18-2015, 03:09 PM
What about ****?

EDIT: wow...

Deuce
06-18-2015, 03:22 PM
What about ****?

EDIT: wow...

I really have screen grabbed the other post - and if they are so rude as to remove it without a HUGE apology I'll be all over it.

I guess from now on you will have to make the forums a more family friendly place by introducing yourself as a **** and ass kinda person, rather than resort to foul language like ***.

Arghhh!!! What is wrong with this company!? It's crazy!

lautpiano
06-18-2015, 03:57 PM
They're amateurs, that's all. On every level. Coming from a not-so-straight-but-not-even-bothering-about-mindless-grasps-of-normativity-anymore, formerly enthusiastic peep. Let's just hope they get a clue about their game, other than that I don't even expect anything coherent anymore.

Very warm and loving greetings to everybody, regardless of who you love! <3

Deuce
06-18-2015, 04:06 PM
They're amateurs, that's all. On every level. Coming from a not-so-straight-but-not-even-bothering-about-mindless-grasps-of-normativity-anymore, formerly enthusiastic peep. Let's just hope they get a clue about their game, other than that I don't even expect anything coherent anymore.

Very warm and loving greetings to everybody, regardless of who you love! <3

That's a good way of looking at it. In reality they are a small team of ppl now and in theory they should be forgivable for oversights like setting up a forum but not checking things like the swear filter entries.

But if they want to be treated like a small group with limited resources in that respect, then they should drop the big company talk and flashiness about the game too. It's just possible this little 'filter hiccup' has laid clear the real reason they are struggling with this community - they aren't being straight (no pun) with us.

It would have been better overall if they had rocked up with 'Hi guys, we've been battled and bruised over the last 10 years but we're now back to indy, and we're going to make the game of our lives'. Sometimes being genuine is in itself a great way to publicise yourself and get support from a community.

I know that personally - and that is why for me, it seems very wrong for a company that needs little more than fans on-side to have been less than genuine themselves so many times.

dwwilkin
06-18-2015, 04:12 PM
You guys are hijacking this thread and this discussion should be moved elsewhere. Not to be insensitive, I have family and friends who choose this lifestyle and always vote for inclusion and practice such. Just this discussion is off-topic of this thread and a disservice to the topic of this thread, and those who would like and should discuss the use of the word [email protected] and its implications in gaming, forums, and RCT, with its own, clearly idetifiable thread so those who dont know about the discussion you are having, could join it.

Deuce
06-18-2015, 04:17 PM
You guys are hijacking this thread and this discussion should be moved elsewhere. Not to be insensitive, I have family and friends who choose this lifestyle and always vote for inclusion and practice such. Just this discussion is off-topic of this thread and a disservice to the topic of this thread, and those who would like and should discuss the use of the word [email protected] and its implications in gaming, forums, and RCT, with its own, clearly idetifiable thread so those who dont know about the discussion you are having, could join it.

I agree it's off topic but sometimes things do quite rightly go off topic when something unreasonable occurs.

If you and I were on a street corner discussing the merits of popcorn and then some kid slapped you in the face and ran off, you would say 'WTF'! and you probably wouldn't like it if I calmly explained you had gone a bit off topic and can we please get back to popcorn.

The fact is the discovery was made in this thread so naturally the reaction will continue for a short while. However, there is now a new thread - and any future discussion will hopefully stay on there.

lautpiano
06-18-2015, 04:27 PM

Thank you, voice of reason - I guess in order to not further pollute this holy forum, Deuce and I might just have to meet up and chatter on somewhere secluded :P No seriously, you're right, this isn't the place to voice frustrations and saudades, and I'm happier than words could express that you're aware and considerate :) Love is the way.

dwwilkin
06-18-2015, 04:31 PM
So back to our next Blog Post here, I think that MATTLAB has to supply us all with what he tells the press at E3. Whatever cats get let out of the bag have to come our way. Hopefully something new that we haven't heard before that can be added to the list of what we know if coming out maintained elsewhere in the forums.

Deuce
06-18-2015, 04:34 PM
So back to our next Blog Post here, I think that MATTLAB has to supply us all with what he tells the press at E3. Whatever cats get let out of the bag have to come our way. Hopefully something new that we haven't heard before that can be added to the list of what we know if coming out maintained elsewhere in the forums.

If They had told the press anything worth knowing it would already be all over the forums though - that's how it works. You can't tell the press anything worth telling 'in private'.

If we hear anything from mattlab that he already told the press and we didn't hear about it already, it's probably not going to be very exciting.

Mattlab
06-18-2015, 05:11 PM
I really have screen grabbed the other post - and if they are so rude as to remove it without a HUGE apology I'll be all over it.

I guess from now on you will have to make the forums a more family friendly place by introducing yourself as a **** and ass kinda person, rather than resort to foul language like ***.

Arghhh!!! What is wrong with this company!? It's crazy!

Hi Deuce, please feel free to send me a PM. Saw your other thread and just checked the censorship filters you were indeed correct. However, although not an excuse, those were installed by default by Vbulletin and we have just adjusted them to fix the problem after a service request. Thank you for pointing it out and apologies!

Deuce
06-18-2015, 05:23 PM
Hi Deuce, please feel free to send me a PM. Saw your other thread and just checked the censorship filters you were indeed correct. However, although not an excuse, those were installed by default by Vbulletin and we have just adjusted them to fix the problem after a service request. Thank you for pointing it out and apologies!

Thanks Matt,

I have pm'd you - I hope your inbox isn't full like last time you invited me to PM you!

Mattlab
06-18-2015, 05:25 PM
Thanks Matt,

I have pm'd you - I hope your inbox isn't full like last time you invited me to PM you!

I increased my limit! :) admin powers.

Stream
06-18-2015, 05:32 PM
So can I come out of the closet now?

Edit: Gay?

Edit 2: Yay :)

Mattlab
06-18-2015, 05:35 PM
So can I come out of the closet now?

Edit: Gay?

Edit 2: Yay :)

That said... lets keep this thread on topic on the "Blog 11 speculation" please :)

AhmadWaliyurR
06-18-2015, 05:43 PM
There Will Be A New Blog Post This Week, Mattlab? :p

Mattlab
06-18-2015, 05:46 PM
There Will Be A New Blog Post This Week, Mattlab? :p

Likely not this week. That said we are preparing for some pretty great stuff for the coming weeks!

maxfreak
06-18-2015, 06:01 PM
Likely not this week. That said we are preparing for some pretty great stuff for the coming weeks!

Of course you are...of course.

magicart87
06-18-2015, 06:10 PM

Can that "pretty great stuff" be pair with Lady Antebellum?

Sorry. Had to jab at you guys a little! ;) Keep up the work!
RollerCoaster Tycoon for the Woooooooooooorld!

Deuce
06-18-2015, 06:13 PM
Can that "pretty great stuff" be pair with Lady Antebellum?

Sorry. Had to jab at you guys a little! ;) Keep up the work!
RollerCoaster Tycoon for the Woooooooooooorld!

How about his? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n6D8lB0A9w

The coaster track actually matches RCTW trailer.

magicart87
06-18-2015, 06:14 PM
How about his? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n6D8lB0A9w

The coaster track actually matches RCTW trailer.

That would be epic! LOL

Deuce
06-18-2015, 06:17 PM
That would be epic! LOL

I'm watching the vid right now and imagining if it were re-made with RCTW instead, but following same format somehow - nostalgia is a powerful tool! Especially amongst the coaster tycoon crowd!

jakemaster2003
06-21-2015, 05:11 AM
Thats right a new trailer some cool screenshots and about e3 and a video about E3

The Stig
06-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Dear Matt,

Don't rush to make a new trailer. Just make one when you're ready.

magicart87
06-21-2015, 01:53 PM
dear matt,

don't rush to make a new trailer. Just make one when you're ready.

+1 This .

Deuce
06-21-2015, 06:33 PM
I'm. It so sure Atari need marketing advice :/

Who cares what and when they release. Either the end game is the best available or it isnt. I don't think anyone on these forums would really be more or likely to buy a good theme sim game even if they didn't release a trailer. The second the game releases we'll all know what its like anyway.

ExtraCheese
06-22-2015, 05:20 AM
Dear Matt,

Don't rush to make a new trailer. Just make one when you're ready.

I fully agree.

ddrplaya4638
06-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Hey Mattlab can we expect something this week?

Mattlab
06-23-2015, 10:56 PM
Hey Mattlab can we expect something this week?

Going to post number 11 tonight!

AhmadWaliyurR
06-23-2015, 11:42 PM
Yeah! :cool:

JayB_Yolo
06-23-2015, 11:44 PM
Finally thanks Matlab:D

Marvin
06-24-2015, 01:09 AM
Looking forward to it!

Mattlab
06-24-2015, 01:18 AM
Just put it live!

Kombiice
06-25-2015, 10:48 AM
cool news ^^

Kombiice
06-30-2015, 10:17 AM
Just put it live!

will there be a new post with the reveal and screenshots that week ??