PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Scenes & Operator Panels

Cigfu
06-13-2015, 07:24 PM
Post your favorite behind the scenes images in here. (Bonus points for operator panels)
first off: The Smiler's operator panel; this is the only image I've ever seen of it. there was a whole album of behind the scenes from The Smiler, but the site that hosted them has closed.

CreamyBeef
08-21-2015, 08:57 PM
Post your favorite behind the scenes images in here. (Bonus points for operator panels)
first off: The Smiler's operator panel; this is the only image I've ever seen of it. there was a whole album of behind the scenes from The Smiler, but the site that hosted them has closed.

I got a great picture of Oblivion proximity sensors the other day, I'll update the post once I find it on my camera/GoPro/PC :P

coaster6
08-22-2015, 02:39 PM
Dang! I was backstage behind The Revenge of the Mummy, but I can't find the pictures on my phone!

freez99313
08-22-2015, 02:53 PM

Looks pretty simple, no wonder why those people got hurt...

Cigfu
11-20-2015, 06:47 AM
Kingda Ka main control panel. I can't verify this but I don't think the operator there has a hand in the dispatch of trains since he's facing away from the station floor. His main role is most likely to operate the launch controls.

Controls on the station floor for unloading/loading trains. Since there's parallel stations with both unloading and loading areas, Kingda Ka has an unusual amount of station hosts. There's two of these panels for unloading, another two for loading and dispatching; which together with the second station and the main control panel makes a total of eight control panels.

Lift chain base for Raptor at Gardaland, Italy.

Looks pretty simple, no wonder why those people got hurt...

This is just the workhorse side of the panel, it's simply for monitoring and restraint verification. If I remember correctly, there's a second panel for maintenance mode but I can't verify that.

I got a great picture of Oblivion proximity sensors the other day, I'll update the post once I find it on my camera/GoPro/PC :P

I remember seeing used proximity senors for sale on ebay, and they looked pretty similar to what coasters use. I presume there's only a few manufacturers for those sensors in that configuration, so pretty much all coasters use the same type. A company called Pepperl&Fuchs have an article on their website about their sensors on Euro Fighter coasters (http://www.pepperl-fuchs.com/global/en/3798.htm)