PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Ever After: An Arrendale Adventure

magicart87
06-09-2015, 08:40 PM
Well, it's official. Disney's finally flipped their lid! And I'm getting the heck out of dodge.

I don't think I'll be going to Walt Disney World in the distant future. I can't believe they took a educational and culture-rich boat ride attraction (Maelstrom) and turned it into a "hodge-podge" silly sing-along with Anna and Elsa.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/06/first-look-frozen-ever-after-at-epcot/

Ugh! It's so void of creativity. I just...I can't handle this right now. So freaking stupid Disney.

Cash-grab ✓ Frozen Fever ✓ Magic Kingdom:Fantasyland? No, it's at Epcot.

W. T. F!

Mattlab
06-10-2015, 10:10 AM
Should I create a general theme park discussion forum?

koekeritis
06-10-2015, 10:16 AM

sounds good to me!

Gandalf
06-10-2015, 11:56 AM

Yes, indeed!

magicart87
06-10-2015, 12:25 PM

of course!

CJC23
06-10-2015, 03:37 PM

Yes, great idea!

Mattlab
06-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Just made the new forum! :)

magicart87
06-11-2015, 05:18 PM
just made the new forum! :)

sweet! .

SketchHead
06-18-2015, 09:48 AM
Epcot is in desperate need of an upgrade. Future world especially but World Showcase is also showing some age. While it's sad to see a classic attraction go, the popularity of a Frozen ride is exactly what Epcot needs right now. I believe this is for the better

magicart87
06-18-2015, 10:25 AM
Epcot is in desperate need of an upgrade. Future world especially but World Showcase is also showing some age. While it's sad to see a classic attraction go, the popularity of a Frozen ride is exactly what Epcot needs right now. I believe this is for the better

I guess only time will tell. Disney gave up on the premise of Epcot, formerly EPCOT a long time ago. I concede that Frozen will boost Epcot's stagnate attendance; I can't say I think the attraction will be for the better of the park as a whole. Epcot is getting very disjointed and unfocused. It's becoming another hodgepodge park. Look at the failure of Hollywood Studios as an example. If Disney continues to shoehorn any IP just to get people in the park they lose sight of what the park is supposed to represent. It then falters. Frozen doesn't belong in Epcot regardless of how well it will be received from it's fans.

Logistics are another concern. It appears that nothing has been done to alleviate the bottle-necking excessive wait time for this ride. Being a popular IP only makes matters worse. Expect wait times to be upwards of 3+ hours. 1+ with FastPass+. I think it ALL could have been handled better.

SketchHead
06-19-2015, 12:26 PM
I've heard they're adding a third screen to Soarin' and they're re-doing the overall facade of Norway to account for the expected attendance boost. Expect crowds to be dispersed between Soarin' and Frozen, shouldn't be too bad. I see it being about as bad a wait as Radiator Springs Racers in DCA.

For me, the best thing they can do to Epcot right now is build a people mover to make the walking easier.

magicart87
06-21-2015, 03:25 PM
I've heard they're adding a third screen to Soarin' and they're re-doing the overall facade of Norway to account for the expected attendance boost. Expect crowds to be dispersed between Soarin' and Frozen, shouldn't be too bad. I see it being about as bad a wait as Radiator Springs Racers in DCA.

For me, the best thing they can do to Epcot right now is build a people mover to make the walking easier.

A people mover would be nice. A people eater... even better.

The newest rumors for Epcot currently involve a re-imagining of "Journey into Imagination with Figment" along with possibly reopening the Wonder's of Life Pavilion with a new "Inside Out" attraction; in the old Cranium Command show building. And a clone of the Disneyland Paris "Ratatouille" ride being considered for World Showcase. All of these would help disperse crowds. Epcot needs more rides and things to do. But I'm not really sold on the Frozen attraction, at least not for Epcot.

savoytruffle98
06-21-2015, 09:47 PM
I guess only time will tell. Disney gave up on the premise of Epcot, formerly EPCOT a long time ago. I concede that Frozen will boost Epcot's stagnate attendance; I can't say I think the attraction will be for the better of the park as a whole. Epcot is getting very disjointed and unfocused. It's becoming another hodgepodge park. Look at the failure of Hollywood Studios as an example. If Disney continues to shoehorn any IP just to get people in the park they lose sight of what the park is supposed to represent. It then falters. Frozen doesn't belong in Epcot regardless of how well it will be received from it's fans.

Logistics are another concern. It appears that nothing has been done to alleviate the bottle-necking excessive wait time for this ride. Being a popular IP only makes matters worse. Expect wait times to be upwards of 3+ hours. 1+ with FastPass+. I think it ALL could have been handled better.

Hollywood Studios is a failure? I thought it was a great park, what was wrong with it? I thought the trio of the Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror and Toy Story Midway Mania made it one of the most popular Disney parks?

magicart87
06-22-2015, 05:45 AM
Hollywood Studios is a failure? I thought it was a great park, what was wrong with it? I thought the trio of the Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror and Toy Story Midway Mania made it one of the most popular Disney parks?

It's a half a day park at best. Those three things (one of which is frequently-closed) is the only draw to the park at the moment. And unfortunately 3 rides for $100 is a bit ridiculous. Most "families" skip the park altogether. The park is lacking a coherent theme (the old-hollywood theme is only prevalent in 1/3rd of the park) Hollywood Studios only has 8 attractions, 5 being "actual" rides. 5! What!?

Luckily... Hollywood Studios (name of park will be changed...again) will be getting a measly 2+ billion dollar upgrade in the course of a few years.

SketchHead
06-23-2015, 08:53 AM
I think the changes to Epcot are dearly needed. We're unsure what will happen to Hollywood studios yet, but hopefully these are things that will be revealed at the D23 Expo in August.

magicart87
06-30-2015, 08:03 PM
I think the changes to Epcot are dearly needed. We're unsure what will happen to Hollywood studios yet, but hopefully these are things that will be revealed at the D23 Expo in August.

Here's an article about Disney's Hollywood Studios in context to our discussion if interested in reading. http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/06/30/disney-worlds-worst-park-is-shrinking.aspx

SketchHead
07-01-2015, 12:59 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing what DHS becomes, but damn, I'm gonna miss that animation building.

CreamyBeef
08-21-2015, 08:56 PM
I can't believed they removed it. I never got a chance to have one last ride :(

I suppose that Frozen is much more popular and will bring in more crowds now. But it seems more than ever parks are caring less and less about loyal enthusiasts...