PDA

View Full Version : A question about the RCT economy

Perfrid
06-04-2015, 04:13 PM
I am a teacher and I have used previous versions of RCT to teach about how an economy works. I searched the forums for the word economy but did not find anything. Does anyone have any knowledge about how the in game economy works? How detailed it is? Etc.?
As well RCT3 was recommended to me by a friend because he said that that version had a good economy system. Any comments on that, or other RCT versions would be appreciated as well.

magicart87
06-04-2015, 04:41 PM
I am a teacher and I have used previous versions of RCT to teach about how an economy works. I searched the forums for the word economy but did not find anything. Does anyone have any knowledge about how the in game economy works? How detailed it is? Etc.?
As well RCT3 was recommended to me by a friend because he said that that version had a good economy system. Any comments on that, or other RCT versions would be appreciated as well.

RCT2 seemed to be the easiest to build into a serviceable curriculum. I think a teacher's edition and booklet was launched a year or two later with suggestions on how to approach the game from an educational standpoint. RCT3, in my opinion, doesn't offer any greater examples of real world economics and I would go so far as to say that RCT3 may have killed any chances of edutainment. The Scenarios in RCT3 were far to easy to accomplish and were less challenging than previous titles.

I would encourage you to post more on the subject here and detail your intent in the "Ideas and Features" section of our forum so the Admins reading can offer more information. A bit of wishful thinking BUT: Maybe by the time this game is fully-realized and ready for an official release date; an educational addition will be made available.

I greatly encourage this! Some of my friends would not have discovered this game franchise had it not been for teachers making a fun and engaging curriculum with RollerCoaster Tycoon.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

MR33Games
06-05-2015, 12:06 PM
All I can say is I hope it's detailed :)

Epic Wink
06-06-2015, 01:35 PM
We won't know how most of the economy fro RCT World will work until it comes out, I would guess. A future blog post may reveal some snippet to the effect, I hope...

OTR24
06-06-2015, 02:29 PM

Check out my thread on Economics click my profile go to recent threads you should see it there