PDA

View Full Version : 10 years and we've come a long way

CedarPointFan
06-01-2015, 08:21 PM
So, all you saw this photo from blog post #9, but compare that to rct3's coaster quality; it's insane how well the developers are moving this project along:
(all rights to Atari)

And here's a screenshot I took with RCT3:

I mean, look how good the coaster wheels were in RCT3:

Anyway, thanks for viewing and thanks to the team who's making this all possible :)

ExtraCheese
06-02-2015, 03:33 AM
Yes, it's a lot better than the crap we saw in the teaser trailer! I'm having hopes again :)!

CedarPointFan
06-02-2015, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I feel like too many people were judging the game by that trailer, when Atari clearly stated that was a very early version of the game... even before they had incorporated Unity 5.

ExtraCheese
06-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Yeah, I feel like too many people were judging the game by that trailer, when Atari clearly stated that was a very early version of the game... even before they had incorporated Unity 5.

Haha no they did not. They only said that afterwards, about 2 weeks later when everybody (community & press) was so disappointed in the footage. It also looked nothing like earlier screenshots that were shown shortly after the game was announced. I see no reason at all to show a gameplay trailer from a build before the screenshots, but released a few months later than the screenshots were released.

OTR24
06-02-2015, 09:28 AM
Area 52 wasn't up for the job. End of Story. I wonder who the new mystery dev team is?

CedarPointFan
06-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Area 52 wasn't up for the job. End of Story. I wonder who the new mystery dev team is?

Same here... only time can tell.

Sgt. DAN [GER]
06-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Finally, they do good work on the game. After 10 years...

CedarPointFan
06-04-2015, 06:18 PM
;18705']Finally, they do good work on the game. After 10 years...

Haha, finally getting the feedback we want?

Kamui
06-08-2015, 01:48 PM
For me, those cars and track looks not as realistic as they can. If i want to have realistic coasters and only want a good simulator, i'll stay on NoLimits2 :P
Don't want RCTW anymore. This "Trailer" really piss me off ...

ExtraCheese
06-08-2015, 03:47 PM
For me, those cars and track looks not as realistic as they can. If i want to have realistic coasters and only want a good simulator, i'll stay on NoLimits2 :P
Don't want RCTW anymore. This "Trailer" really piss me off ...

Ok bye. NoLimits is a coaster simulator. RCTW will be a theme park simulation.

Deuce
06-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Ok bye. NoLimits is a coaster simulator. RCTW will be a theme park simulation.

Thing is though, NL & NL2 and TPS had more detailed models than those Atari have shown us. And they had them years ago.

I'm still wary. I don't doubt what Mattlab showed was 'direct from the game engine'. But it's a still image. RCT3 engine could render a still image using as many polys. Sorta pointless eye-candy until the entire game is built, tested and then they see how much the poly count has to drop.

I'm thinking that Unity can easily deal with the demands of RCTW and the graphics could be fantastic. But I'm still a little dubious that all we get to see of 'progress' is a detailed coaster car model. Realistically there are probably several kids on this forum alone that could create a similarly detailed model that could then be rendered in Unity.

for me those screen shots are proof that Atari [or the developers] hired some modellers that know what they're doing, but it doesn't really show anything at all about the quality of the game.

Personally, i'd be more excited to see a shot of a beautifully curved and twisted track that's entirely smooth flowing with a variety of supports.

ExtraCheese
06-09-2015, 03:49 AM
NL and TPS don't have peeps in them, thats a huge difference. Think of all the calculations and extra graphic power those hundreds / thousands peeps will need.

I think the graphics look great in the render of the rollercoaster. I don't think you can compare this game to lets say Battlefield 4, as it's a whole other ball game. This game is also not really a 'hardcore' game, so it's focus shouldn't be next gen graphics. I would rather have a bug free, high content game. Of course graphics are important, but I dont need the newest lighting technique in this game. I would prefer a game which can run smoothly on somewhat aged machines.

Deuce
06-09-2015, 04:23 AM
NL and TPS don't have peeps in them, thats a huge difference. Think of all the calculations and extra graphic power those hundreds / thousands peeps will need.

I think the graphics look great in the render of the rollercoaster. I don't think you can compare this game to lets say Battlefield 4, as it's a whole other ball game. This game is also not really a 'hardcore' game, so it's focus shouldn't be next gen graphics. I would rather have a bug free, high content game. Of course graphics are important, but I dont need the newest lighting technique in this game. I would prefer a game which can run smoothly on somewhat aged machines.

TPS does have peeps. Nearly... But already a selection of peeps as broad in their varieties as in RCT3 are rendered in the game, on the rides.

Look, here is TPS latest coaster to compare to RCTW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hc7SgJ8k90#t=18

This is now in game, and looks exactly the same in game. Even when it is full of high detailed peeps too, and racing along a track with full physics.

The only difference between peeps in TPS and RCTW from a hardware load point of view is that in RCTW they form part of a sim experience, as opposed to being purely for decoration as they are in TPS. But in TPS they will still have route-finding AI which is where the main CPU load comes from.

My point I guess is that while I agree with you the gameplay is the most important... There simply isn't an excuse for a new game as important as RCTW falling down graphically compared to other programs that were begun several years ago.

btek62
06-11-2015, 12:09 PM
TPS is one of the biggest flops on kickstarter of my recent memory. Nearly all the people who have it are extremely disappointed and deceptive marketing made WAAAYYYY too many people buy it.

Deuce
06-11-2015, 12:44 PM
TPS is one of the biggest flops on kickstarter of my recent memory. Nearly all the people who have it are extremely disappointed and deceptive marketing made WAAAYYYY too many people buy it.

I agree but what has that got to do with anything??

0BobTheJanitor
06-11-2015, 09:09 PM

*Cough* Stomping Grounds

Sgt. DAN [GER]
06-14-2015, 07:19 AM
Isn´t TPS actually Early Access ?

MrStripy
06-14-2015, 08:12 PM
Okay let's get this straight no limits is a program, rct world is gonna be a game or well more of a game than no limits.