PDA

View Full Version : How much effect will the multi-player aspect have on the game?

JMR
12-15-2014, 07:04 PM
I am curious to know the severity of the multi-player aspect of the game.

How different will single-player be from multi-player?

Hopefully we will find this out as much dev-blogs and information is disclosed.

What are your predictions and hopes for multiplayer? Do you want a game-changing experience, or just some extra social and sharing features?

(Note: If you have any suggestions for multiplayer, post them in the Ideas and Feature Requests board (http://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/forumdisplay.php?3-Ideas-and-Feature-Requests))

dwwilkin
12-15-2014, 08:52 PM
I am cautious about multi player
1) my custom skills are not as good as others
2) I like making coasters, but I think there are others who do it better, and that is a little embarassing
3) when we had shared parks, I would do a section and then turn it over, and somewhere in the chain they did not get finished.
4) the caveat, if like Sim City, where I work on mind, and you and others work on theirs, and we set a time limit jointly in this multiplayer environment, and two hours later we look up and see how our parks have done, that might be fun.

ncutt010
12-15-2014, 11:58 PM
To be honest, I'm not too interested in the multiplayer they have mentioned and described so far. To me it just sounds like four players making their own park. They've mentioned that each players park will have no effect on the other players parks. You will be allowed to visit other players parks and they are connected by a monorail. Doesn't sound like true multiplayer to me. Am I missing something?

Maybe there will be more info to come....

RCTW1
12-16-2014, 12:08 AM
Multi-player doesn't interest me either. Sure I'd like to visit other people's parks, and ride their rides, but that is pretty much all I want to do.

Wabigbear
12-17-2014, 08:37 AM
Without knowing much about what multi-player actually means in this game, or how it work, I can't form much of an opinion yet. Depending on how it works maybe it would be used for competitions? Or maybe as a way to visit a resort-style park build by one person on multiple benches?

I've worked with people on parks creating CSO, but I seldom work with anyone else actually building one, I think the OZ project I''m doing with Citytrader is one of the first, so multi-player doesn't excite me much personally. I hope it's great for those who will use it.

FlyingDutchman7
12-17-2014, 10:05 AM
Multiplayer on RCT3 was just fine. You just had to send the park file to someone, have the same CS/CFRs and you can open it. You only can't work on the same file at the same time. You could work around this by building structures.
I've done many team competitions and it usually works fine.

ffpoke
12-19-2014, 12:48 AM
I think the multilayer would be visit a friends park or random park or search for a park. If the person is online you can collaborate with them to help them create a better park. Also give visitor control feature would allow some one to control the park for an amount of time and the changes can be saved only by owner or delete changes.
Another feature would be create character feature would allow you to create like a basic sim like person to the park and the characters would show as online person by a marking as their in your park. Thus helping your park rating.

sub780lime
12-19-2014, 01:15 PM
To be honest, I'm not too interested in the multiplayer they have mentioned and described so far. To me it just sounds like four players making their own park. They've mentioned that each players park will have no effect on the other players parks. You will be allowed to visit other players parks and they are connected by a monorail. Doesn't sound like true multiplayer to me. Am I missing something?

I agree, I have little interest in the monorail connected park. I don't want to see what they are building, I want to build with them. There will be a novelty factor if I can enter their park as a peep and see it from that perspective, but really, my buddy could send me his game file to accomplish the same thing. And, that is how I have been playing RTC3 for years. I work on something in a park, maybe a ride with full theming. Then, I send the game file to a buddy and he works on something else in it. He sends it back. We go back and forth like that until we feel it is complete. Now, give me that in real-time and you have a true multiple player RTC experience.

Mattlab
12-19-2014, 09:07 PM
I am curious to know the severity of the multi-player aspect of the game.

How different will single-player be from multi-player?

Hopefully we will find this out as much dev-blogs and information is disclosed.

What are your predictions and hopes for multiplayer? Do you want a game-changing experience, or just some extra social and sharing features?

(Note: If you have any suggestions for multiplayer, post them in the Ideas and Feature Requests board (http://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/forumdisplay.php?3-Ideas-and-Feature-Requests))

To reiterate what we have announced before, players will be able to play the game in singleplayer mode OR multiplayer mode. We want to make sure the core RCT experience is kept in tact and is what fans love, want, and expect but that for those fans who want something new they can try multiplayer mode to compliment it. We are super excited about both modes of play and believe that we have a really awesome way of presenting multiplayer, which we will detail in a future dev blog.

blueangel8xxx
12-20-2014, 06:17 AM
To be honest, I don't see the point in multiplayer for RCTW. It has never been a part of the series. Sure it'd be cool to work together or go and visit other peoples amusement parks but other than that.., it just doesn't seem like it should be a part of the game. As long as it doesn't have a large impact on gameplay, then I'm fine with it and will of course try it out when I get the chance.

cstrmkr
12-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Although I like the idea of a single player being able to make multiple parks within a game - a.l.a. Disney World or Universal Florida. I'm not at all interested in a multi-player set up. I'd rather have the code resources that enable a multi-player environment be replaced by the ability to create hotels and such for a true resort-type environment.

dwwilkin
12-20-2014, 12:56 PM
I think that in the Beta, a few of those who have no care for multi-player and do not think they would ever use it, be included in the Beta so that there feedback could be solicited and see if their minds are changed, might be useful