PDA

View Full Version : I'm Having an Issue with Roller Coaster Tycoon for Original XBOX... PLEASE HELP!!! :(

MrNickknack77
04-23-2015, 06:00 PM
Hi, I am brand new to this forum and I'm not sure if I'm in the right place. I am having a technical issue with my favorite game, Roller Coaster Tycoon for the original XBOX. Here's the issue I am having:

1. Saving track designs: I am having issues saving various track designs. I have successfully been able to save a handful of designs but most of the time, it fails. Some of the designs I have successfully saved have recently somehow vanished as well. When I name a track design and push "save", it does save and shows up under the ride type. However, once I restart the XBOX and the game, the design is no longer listed. The design does show up in the XBOX memory, but somehow, the game doesn't seem to register it or access it. I have never connected my original XBOX to the internet, so there are no updates/patches installed. I tried using a different XBOX, and transferring the saves to it, but it had the same exact problem. Is there a patch/update that was once available that possibly could have fixed this issue? If so, is there anywhere that I can download it/them still? I understand the possible risks and accept them; I have another XBOX I can use if something goes wrong.

Another possibility that I thought of is the game disc. When I first got this game for the XBOX many years ago (used), it had some visual errors in the menus and such. I took the disc to a local video game store and they buffed it. It looked brand new afterwards and the visual issues were corrected... but maybe there's other damage that is causing my save issues?

Anyways, I have the computer version also but I personally enjoy the XBOX version more. I am a die-hard RCT fan and am completely frustrated by the saving issues. I also don't know where else to turn. I asked for advice on this issue on other forums but kept getting no replies back. ANY advice or help is extremely appreciated... and thanks!!!