PDA

View Full Version : Updates on RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Future RCT
04-10-2015, 02:46 AM
RollerCoaster Tycoon World fans, we are excited to share two disappointing progress updates focused on new community channels and game development.

First, today we are re-launching the official RollerCoaster Tycoon World website (www.RollerCoasterTycoon.com) with built-in forums for you – our dedicated fans – to talk to a brick wall while the Atari team and developers pretend you're helping us shape the game. The new forums weaken the Atari RCTW community so gamers can feel like they're playing an active role until they get frustrated by the lack of communication with us, read brief updates every few weeks as opposed to the lengthy updates Theme Parkitect puts out weekly, and have an open forum for initial engagement which will die out once they realize that this is all bogus.

Second, we are thrilled to announce we are partnering with Area 53 Games studio, a brand new production house on the next phase of derailment for RollerCoaster Tycoon World. Specializing in previously failed gaming experiences, the Area 53 Games studio has brought together a team of veterans from the now out-of-business Area 52, which only worked on the canceled Star Wars Attack Squadrons and absolutely nothing else, so we feel like they will be the perfect company to tackle the next big game in this beloved franchise. ​ **** you to Pipeworks for all their efforts in getting us to this point in the development of the game, we will completely butcher it from now on and we won't tell the general public why there is such hostility towards them now.

We are so excited to continue ****ing up RCTW, and are 100 percent focused on creating the next abysmal RCT game! Stay connected to the RollerCoaster Tycoon website, Facebook and Twitter page as we’ll "soon" be releasing new assets including text-only dev blogs, flat rides, trailers with worse graphics than text-based games, and much more!

-RCTW Team

Future RCT
04-10-2015, 02:54 AM
Mattlab, this isn't directed towards you. I can see that you are doing what you can to keep this game afloat, and I thank you for that. However, it's obvious to us that there is something very sketchy going on behind the scenes due to Pipeworks leaving, the constant delays, the lack of in-game footage or updates, the awful trailer, the lack of communication with Dre_Roberts and RCTCM, and now Area 52's site going down.

ExtraCheese
04-10-2015, 03:40 AM
Lol! Yeah this is all so true...
You forgot about the employees of Area52 btw, a month ago there were 10 on LinkedIn, now there are only 5 left.
(In comparison: Frontier has 222 employees, Atari itself has 263).

koekeritis
04-10-2015, 11:14 AM
I can see you're here mattlab... :p

Mattlab
04-10-2015, 11:32 AM
I can see you're here mattlab... :p

Indeed I am, I actually have question topic I am about to post in the ideas/suggestions forum. :)

Paul_Boland
04-10-2015, 11:38 AM
Indeed I am, I actually have question topic I am about to post in the ideas/suggestions forum. :)

Keeping an eye out for it... :)

Future RCT
04-10-2015, 06:16 PM

Thank you for engaging with the community earlier on, this is what we'd like to see more of. :) Like I said, my previous post wasn't directed towards you. Can you please just tell us who are the current developers working on this game? All signs point to it not being Area 52 anymore.

k1ng r4t
04-10-2015, 11:15 PM
Man I wish I had the time to make long satirical rants on speculative points about a game nobody knows anything about. And I'm sorry, but I don't see how the post isn't directed at MattLab when you're clearly channeling his tone and he's the only rep we have. Sucking up after making fun of the entire company and dev team, after everything you say in other threads, then adding a smiley emoticon...what exactly are you trying to achieve here? I know everyone in this thread already disagrees with me...but come on now, was this really necessary?

Future RCT
04-11-2015, 03:48 AM
First of all, this is a parody of the first post here written by Admin, not Mattlab. Second of all, this was more directed towards the community managers who haven't been showing up, as well as the people behind the scenes who have been screwing up this game. I feel bad for Mattlab, having to constantly see us dissatisfied, but really can you blame us?

coaster6
04-11-2015, 02:09 PM
Ok, can we stop with the childish ness? We're all pissed off, but once Nickster started it a couple weeks ago, it's gotten out of hand. Please don't encoruage more fake accounts, lol.