PDA

View Full Version : RCT World User Interface *Exclusive In-game Photo*

Pvt.Luek
04-04-2015, 09:57 AM
Hello, Not sure if anyone picked up on this... When the RCT world steam page launched I went to make an analysis video of the trailer (This was the 35 second original teaser trailer which was launched last year btw and not the new gameplay one)... Anyway after recording the trailer I slowed it down into frames... For one frame 3 seconds into the video I got this... Now Upon recording the clip again I haven't been able to replicate this... So I think they noticed it themselves and fixed it, or they just wanted to see if anyone would spot it... If thats the case... Got-cha!

(Click to Enlarge)

So What do u guys think?...
...Can we decipher the pixelated text.

RandomMrBrick
04-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Hi Pvt. Luek! Nice videos! I have seen only the small thumbanil of that and it was for the gameplay reveal. Since then it has been changed but it's great to have a larger picture of it!

On the left I can just make out: Flat Rides, Shops and Restaurants and possibly rollercoasters? Can't see any reason why it shouldn't...

Noticed something else. At the bottom for the Hot Dog stall, the tabs read operations and products. (I'm pretty sure anyway :P)

koekeritis
04-04-2015, 10:15 AM
Hmmm it does look better. But I can't really tell because of the quality. Anyway it does show non-grid paths and non-jankey coasters. The UI isn't to great but this looks quite promising.

Tricky
04-04-2015, 11:20 AM
This screenshot gives me more hope then the trailer. Still don't get why they released such a terrible trailer.

thanks for showing us something new Pvt.Luek! (Wish I could've said that to Atari, LOL)

Paul_Boland
04-04-2015, 11:55 AM
The screenshot is great!! Thanks!!

The Stig
04-04-2015, 12:01 PM
Top Left: Coasters, Flat Rides, Shops & Restaurants, Scenery, Paths, Bulldoze under the build symbol. And then some people, probably staff. And then a monitor? Graphics options, maybe?

Top Middle: Money, about $200,000.00, Peeps, either 2,000 or 7,000, next to a magnifying glass? I bet the other one is the peep button, where you can sort by actions or thoughts. I guess the big green bar is park rating, And then pause, play, faster, and fastest, (and record?) under the date and time.

Top Right: Eyeball (probably view options, turn peeps/rides/scenery on/off) park view and region view?

Bottom Left: COASTERS, and some buttons and coasters I have no idea what. The button at top middle means one of the park's coasters is sponsored by the Chicago Bulls. And the next one is for NASA. I'm pretty sure the other one enables self-destruct mode.

Bottom Right: Hot Dog options. Operations and Products. Price, with a manual input box. Some red things (rotate left, rotate right, ...... um, adjust height?) And some more buttons on the bottom. Something green, to mean it's open. Next to a coin, meaning they accept money as payment... And then we got i for information, a build icon, bars icon for stats and info, a man standing under a park light? There;s that eyeball again, and the button that pans the camera to that particular hot dog stand.

... That's what I see, anyway.

WillHD
04-04-2015, 12:35 PM
This restores some of my faith in the game.
Thing is, is the game still like this since if it was featured in the first trailer as an "Easter egg", that means it was developed under Pipeworks so when they left, these good graphics and features may have too.

k1ng r4t
04-04-2015, 01:09 PM
Well aren't you just the little detective. Good catch, looks awesome.

Chazzagm93
04-04-2015, 04:01 PM
Hello, Not sure if anyone picked up on this... When the RCT world steam page launched I went to make an analysis video of the trailer (This was the 35 second original teaser trailer which was launched last year btw and not the new gameplay one)... Anyway after recording the trailer I slowed it down into frames... For one frame 3 seconds into the video I got this... Now Upon recording the clip again I haven't been able to replicate this... So I think they noticed it themselves and fixed it, or they just wanted to see if anyone would spot it... If thats the case... Got-cha!

(Click to Enlarge)

So What do u guys think?...
...Can we decipher the pixelated text.

I like the new layout looking good!

koekeritis
04-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Do you still have that video? Maybe you could try to get a higher res one. Of cource it won't work if the image in the trailer was poor quality to begin with but if you don't try you will always fail.

koekeritis
04-04-2015, 07:15 PM
Ow ow! Big thing! The bottom left window actually says: coatsers. And there are more then three types available on the menu! I was already convinced there would be more then 3 types of coasters but others weren't.

koekeritis
04-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Okay so at the top left there is a building icon selected which shows a drop down menu containing the follow items from top to bottom:

- coasters (selected)
- place rides
- shops & facilities
- scenery :eek:
- paths
- bulldoze

ExtraCheese
04-04-2015, 07:24 PM
This screen is old and from the age before the engine overhaul. I wouldn't put too much faith in it to be the final interface. :rolleyes:

Wabigbear
04-04-2015, 08:22 PM
This screen is old and from the age before the engine overhaul. I wouldn't put too much faith in it to be the final interface. :rolleyes:

Exactly right.

CoasterNazi666
04-05-2015, 04:01 AM

Personally i hope they go for a more modern approach like the styles of simcity or the sims 4, on the otherhand I want them to mix it with the older userfaces to make it seem more like a part of the franchise

coaster6
04-05-2015, 08:33 AM
Hm, interference looks very ugly to me. Do you think we should go back to the top bar, or what RCT3 had? That'd be interesting.

AzothStorm
04-05-2015, 10:17 AM
I enjoy Thrillville and honestly when you go to build a ride it kinda has the same menu typeage I would say hmm kidish? not sure Guess easier to explain as simply designed where everything is easier to locate so anyone can hop in and do it.

WillHD
04-05-2015, 12:45 PM
Okay so at the top left there is a building icon selected which shows a drop down menu containing the follow items from top to bottom:

- coasters (selected)
- place rides
- shops & facilities
- scenery :eek:
- paths
- bulldoze

The scenery could just mean trees, fences or prebuilt structures. I really hope this isn't the case though as it does look quite hopeful.

Tricky
04-05-2015, 01:18 PM
I don't see anything in the screenshot that could be the options for terraforming. That's also something we didn't see in the trailer. Only pre-built mountains. Do you guys think we complained enough about that so they'll change that? :P

WillHD
04-05-2015, 02:24 PM
I don't see anything in the screenshot that could be the options for terraforming. That's also something we didn't see in the trailer. Only pre-built mountains. Do you guys think we complained enough about that so they'll change that? :P

Remember that if this was in the first trailer, it would have been a very early build. If I remember correctly, the blog in which they talked about the terrain feature was around blog 1 or 2 which was a long time after the first trailer so it may not have been added yet. For the second trailer, I heard that was made last August so they have had loads of time to improve...I hope.

k1ng r4t
04-05-2015, 02:31 PM
Since we don't know for sure they totally scrapped the engine, the work they did have, or the actual dates of aforementioned work and trailer, it's also possible this is a place holder interface. Or a "beta" interface, which would explain why they essentially cut it out (seems more likely than they wanted to surprise us). I like it, it looks like it's pretty straightforward, but it's also kind of bulky which I'm not a fan of, I like as much screen space as possible. Maybe they'll have an option to scale the size though...

0BobTheJanitor
04-05-2015, 02:41 PM
I don't see why Atari can't just go: "Here is our beta interface; how should we improve it?"

k1ng r4t
04-05-2015, 04:03 PM
I don't either. But I do know copyright infringement runs this country, so I'm sure it's some sort of red tape that they didn't have the time or resources to cut through. It's dumb I know, but it is true. I worked retail management for years, you'd be amazed at the stuff you can and can't say without getting a lawsuit. It's ridiculous. It's capitalism and it's a failed system.

A lot of times it comes down to "well, maybe I can, but is it worth the risk?" Generally the answer will be no.

koekeritis
04-05-2015, 04:42 PM
The scenery could just mean trees, fences or prebuilt structures. I really hope this isn't the case though as it does look quite hopeful.

Yes, I realised that too. But it's still a reason to get our hopes up. At keast we know for sure that user created content will be implemented post-release.

0BobTheJanitor
04-05-2015, 08:49 PM
I don't either. But I do know copyright infringement runs this country, so I'm sure it's some sort of red tape that they didn't have the time or resources to cut through. It's dumb I know, but it is true. I worked retail management for years, you'd be amazed at the stuff you can and can't say without getting a lawsuit. It's ridiculous. It's capitalism and it's a failed system.

A lot of times it comes down to "well, maybe I can, but is it worth the risk?" Generally the answer will be no.

I disagree, but if that is the case, just make anyone delivering feedback agree to a term-and-condition, stating their suggestions become intellectual property of Atari. (I may not be an attorney, but that sounds legal-ish :rolleyes:)

Legality and contracts, however, maybe the reasons Mattlab cannot reply to certain threads.

k1ng r4t
04-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Just curious, but what do you think the reason is then? Why else would they cut it out? It's the same thing with Mattlab and his replies just in picture form. All I know is game development is so corporate these days, and from my experience the corporate world is run by copyright. How things are designed, said, marketed, bought and sold...copyright infringement is the #1 concern when it comes to everything.

So to me it just makes sense that, especially considering Atari's already recent finance issues, they don't want to push any more buttons. And so if the hire ups said this isn't the official interface or we don't want rivals to see it or whatever, then I mean...Also with my experience it seems incredibly unlikely they are just sitting around scratching their asses and laughing at us. This really doesn't happen, and minimal communication is common in gave development. That's why it feels so nice when we do have it and so disappointing when it's taken away.

I do believe there is a deeper reason we aren't getting info other than they're lazy and want to watch everyone suffer. But I doubt any of us will ever know.

0BobTheJanitor
04-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Companies are complex, and you seem to have more experience.

k1ng r4t
04-05-2015, 09:07 PM
Ugh don't remind me...

jkay1993
04-06-2015, 10:28 AM
Is it only me that this UI looks so boring/overdone..?
Just cartoony type.. It doesn't look good. Now its like off the rails menu...
IMO

imiha
04-06-2015, 12:30 PM
I don't like it either. I really liked the RCT3 interface, it wasn't too cartoony and it looked very good. I would just change it to a more modern style. Interface on the screenshot is too large and it doesn't look modern but rather cartoonish as jkay1993 said.

0BobTheJanitor
04-06-2015, 01:36 PM
I don't like it either. I really liked the RCT3 interface, it wasn't too cartoony and it looked very good. I would just change it to a more modern style. Interface on the screenshot is too large and it doesn't look modern but rather cartoonish as jkay1993 said.

RCT3 interface annoyed me, because I couldn't re-size any of the windows.

DMB1985
04-07-2015, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I hated the RCT3 interface as well. It was so badly designed.

warly
04-07-2015, 01:34 PM
RCT3 interface annoyed me, because I couldn't re-size any of the windows.

Yeah, having to scroll through thousands of scenery objects was a pain. I liked it how they arranged it in RCT2, should get a design refresh, but from a usability perspective it was great.