PDA

View Full Version : RollerCoaster Tycoon World Fan Blog

The Stig
03-26-2015, 05:29 PM
Hi fellow Rollercoaster Tycoon Fans, I'm "The Stig", a follower of the production on RollerCoaster Tycoon World.

As a follower of the production of RollerCoaster Tycoon World, my job is to observe the work on the game with the help of our crew from all around the world, our AAA team of gamers and coaster enthusiasts, and of course, our dedicated RCT fans. A longtime fan of RCT myself, I am honored to help the team take on the next iteration of the beloved franchise. RCT is in fact what brought me to Atari so many years ago. In all, we are a fantastic team of industry experts, who are fans themselves, ensuring that this new game will bring the franchise to a whole new level.

To get a sense of what our plans are, here is a sneak preview into the world of team RCT:

I have spent a lot of time thinking about what this game means. With that in mind, I have focused my effort around 4 main foundations: Determining, Purchasing, Playing, and Sharing.

Determining

In MY first production blog, I will talk about “Determining”, as in "Determining whether this game is worth my time and money". This starts with terrain and scenery – elevating how important these two are now in the game.

We have spent a considerable amount of time requesting a map and terrain generator that lets players set their park in a variety of environments. I'd like to never start with the same setting twice! This special map tool should ensure that players can randomly generate terrain that is fun and yet presents unique design challenges. Having not seen with it anywhere, I can't really say it creates some stunning locations and allows for things to be created that were simply not possible in previous games.

While new challenges and maps are always fun, this new terrain system should also allow us to create an amazing new in-game terrain editing tool. Imagine being met with rolling hills or large mountains right in the middle of your park! With some new tools, we should be able to shape these almost any way we like. The tool should be completely brush-based. Think of it like painting your new terrain as you adjust various sliders and brush types to bring your vision to life. It should be one of the first things we experience during Closed Alphas.

All before I ever let a single peep into my park, I want to create some of the most dynamic and amazing environments ever. With so many rides, attractions, coasters, and scenery objects to choose from, I should have endless varied ways to have fun and design my dream parks.

What’s Next:
This is where things get really exciting! Now, I get to start sharing what I have seen so far. Be sure to sign up for Atari's Forums to stay tuned to all future fan blogs, news, press releases, contests, beta programs and more. I monitor these forums every day and ask that you join them and continue to post and engage with the community. I will make sure to post questions from there when they can and focus their blogs around answering as many as possible as we head towards launch!

Until then though... Here's a picture of one of my hard earned dollars!

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/Siaye/40C72400-7EE9-4348-84E1-BF1BC45B501A_zpscnrcgwaw.jpg

darkhorizon
03-26-2015, 05:49 PM
You have way too much time on your hands.

k1ng r4t
03-26-2015, 06:12 PM
You have way too much time on your hands.

I knew we'd agree eventually!

bigblong
03-26-2015, 07:23 PM
Agreed. This wasn't even a slightly humorous parody, just sad.

darkhorizon
03-26-2015, 07:36 PM
I knew we'd agree eventually!

LOL, it was bound to happen, I suppose!

I just don't understand a lot of these users. Prior to Blog #5, they (including me, just to be clear) wanted Mattlab to confirm the trailer was pre alpha, wanted Mattlab to confirm that they (Atari/Area 52) are listening to our feedback, wanted Mattlab to confirm that they were going to make the rides more realistic, wanted Mattlab to confirm that they will take extra time if needed to create the game that WE want...but yet so many of these users are still complaining and rehashing the same points over and over again. Yes, I was once a frustrated user as well, and I still am in certain aspects, but what can I do? Just wait for the next update. It's clear that Atari isn't going to interact with this community as much as we'd/I'd like, just accept that fact and move on IMO.

I was satisfied with Blog #5. Like everything Atari says, I take it with a grain of salt, but I was generally pleased with the overall tone of the blog. Are there still things I would like answers for? Sure. But overall, it was a good step forward I think.

Creating silly threads like this is just...silly. Atleast make it funny if you're gonna write something like this.

k1ng r4t
03-26-2015, 08:05 PM
...but what can I do? It's clear that Atari isn't going to interact with this community as much as we'd/I'd like, just accept that fact and move on IMO.

Pretty much what it comes down to at this point.

I am still hopeful that once the game is really in motion, coming along, and they do have stuff they wanna show off...they'll communicate like they said they would. So far hasn't been a good indication, but they did communicate some, so it's not impossible either

The Stig
03-26-2015, 10:38 PM
Damnit guys, you ruined my parody.
It's not fun unless someone gets mad.

EDIT: Oh, I see. Well played, guys. Well played.

ExtraCheese
03-27-2015, 05:53 AM
Pretty much what it comes down to at this point.

I am still hopeful that once the game is really in motion, coming along, and they do have stuff they wanna show off...they'll communicate like they said they would. So far hasn't been a good indication, but they did communicate some, so it's not impossible either

Yeah that would be great, however since they are apparently redesigning the game I would like to hear what they think about our idea's and suggestions. We have no reason whatsoever to believe they do anything the community desires in the game. For all we know the idea's and suggestions is just a section for dreams which never come true unless they have already thought of that themselves.

The Stig
03-27-2015, 08:34 AM
Yeah that would be great, however since they are apparently redesigning the game I would like to hear what they think about our idea's and suggestions. We have no reason whatsoever to believe they do anything the community desires in the game. For all we know the idea's and suggestions is just a section for dreams which never come true unless they have already thought of that themselves.

...Other than "Alright guys, we've got Unity5 coming! That's gotta count for something, right?"
It only took me a minimal amount of searching to come up with my lists of track shapes and matching cars. I'd feel pretty neglected if those suggestions weren't at least considered.

k1ng r4t
03-27-2015, 01:16 PM
For all we know the idea's and suggestions is just a section for dreams which never come true unless they have already thought of that themselves.

True, but for all we know they could have a bank with $100 billion dollars from pirate gold they discovered in December and are testing to see who the real fans are, so eventually they'll transmit blogs into our dreams and give us $1,000,000 each.