PDA

View Full Version : My (and possibly your) 2 questions I want answered.

koekeritis
03-23-2015, 03:22 AM
1. When was the trailer made? Give us a date. All we know is that it's fron pre alpa and that's the stage we are in right now.

2. Why look the pictures so different from the trailer? If they're photoshopped just tell us.

Chazzagm93
03-23-2015, 03:53 AM
1. When was the trailer made? Give us a date. All we know is that it's fron pre alpa and that's the stage we are in right now.

2. Why look the pictures so different from the trailer? If they're photoshopped just tell us.

I take it you haven't read Devblog5

koekeritis
03-23-2015, 04:48 AM
I take it you haven't read Devblog5

I did read it. But they didn't answer my questions. I said that I knew that the trailer was from pre-alpha and that we are in pre alpha at the moment.

Joe Android
03-23-2015, 07:44 AM
The mystery of the photographs will never be solved. All of us we asked about the wonderful pictures of good quality game. I don't understand, if the game looks so beautiful, because they showed a crappy trailer in pre alpha? If the aim is to attract new buyers, that isn't the way, Atari.
I expected some picture of the current game in the blog #5, but apparently should look so bad that even they would have shame to show.

The only thing I can think of is that the change of developer caused a change in the graphics engine and then the game changed. The images came to light when Piperworks was developing the game ...

I hate Area 52 Games, they haven't communication with the customer...

keeper262
03-23-2015, 01:05 PM
Just read the blogs, it is quite clear they are still developing the major foundations of the game. We do not need anymore questions answered for now, stop being paranoid.

Wabigbear
03-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Just read the blogs, it is quite clear they are still developing the major foundations of the game. We do not need anymore questions answered for now, stop being paranoid.

I didn't know someone had been officially appointed to decide whether we need anymore questions answered or not, let alone determining if asking them is 'paranoid' or not, so congratulations on your new promotion!! :D

The Stig
03-23-2015, 01:26 PM
The trailer was made June 34th, 2014.
The pictures look different because they were photoshopped.
That's what Area52 was hired to do - photoshopping early screenshots.
Didn't you read devblog 5?

k1ng r4t
03-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Please cite your sources

The Stig
03-23-2015, 01:35 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-23-rollercoaster-tycoon-world-to-upgrade-engine-following-negative-reaction-to-trailer

It's all right here in this Eurogamer article.
The graphics, the gameplay, the Sandy Hook shooting hoax, and everything else.
Geez, don't you people know how to Google?

k1ng r4t
03-23-2015, 01:51 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-23-rollercoaster-tycoon-world-to-upgrade-engine-following-negative-reaction-to-trailer

It's all right here in this Eurogamer article.
The graphics, the gameplay, the Sandy Hook shooting hoax, and everything else.
Geez, don't you people know how to Google?

Maybe I need to get my eyes checked but I don't see a single comment giving a date of the trailer or saying the screens were photoshopped. They basically just copy/pasted Dev Blog 5. Man, don't you people know how to read? Or do you just like making up facts to look cool?

That aside, the fact you instantly mention the Sandy Hook hoax, which isn't in the article, is proof enough you'll believe anything.

The Stig
03-23-2015, 01:55 PM
Maybe I need to get my eyes checked but I don't see a single comment giving a date of the trailer or saying the screens were photoshopped. They basically just copy/pasted Dev Blog 5. Man, don't you people know how to read? Or do you just like making up facts to look cool?

That aside, the fact you instantly mention the Sandy Hook hoax, which isn't in the article, is proof enough you'll believe anything.

Well according to Wikipedia, you don't even exist http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_king_%28folklore%29
So don't you take up that holier than thou BS attitude with me, buddy.

k1ng r4t
03-23-2015, 01:56 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously though,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

This is now my favorite internet argument. I will use this for everything now. Thank you.

k1ng r4t
03-23-2015, 02:00 PM
Well according to Wikipedia, you don't even exist http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_king_%28folklore%29
So don't you take up that holier than thou BS attitude with me, buddy.

And hang on, AGAIN hahahaha, where does it say rat kings, which isn't waht my name refers to, don't exist?

Seriously dude, I think YOU might need to get your eyes checked. Get an EEG and CT Scan while you're at, sounds like you have some serious neurological dysfunction going on.

PixelPlayer
03-23-2015, 03:07 PM
No they never said when the footage was made. But doesn't really matter at this point they are re-doing it. So lets just focus on what their next trailer will be. And pray it will be good. Otherwise im going to be waiting on Frontier.

The Stig
03-23-2015, 03:41 PM
And hang on, AGAIN hahahaha, where does it say rat kings, which isn't waht my name refers to, don't exist?

Seriously dude, I think YOU might need to get your eyes checked. Get an EEG and CT Scan while you're at, sounds like you have some serious neurological dysfunction going on.

Have you noticed yet that June only has 30 days?

OTR24
03-23-2015, 06:07 PM
I never saw the screenshots can you drop me a link. I tried on Steam but apparently the images were pulled. I want to see what all the fuss it about. No one outside theses forums seems to acknowledge the images existence. Conspiracy much? :D

Caine
03-23-2015, 07:33 PM
I never saw the screenshots can you drop me a link. I tried on Steam but apparently the images were pulled. I want to see what all the fuss it about. No one outside theses forums seems to acknowledge the images existence. Conspiracy much? :D

Klick at media at the top of this website, and then screenshots

k1ng r4t
03-23-2015, 11:16 PM
Have you noticed yet that June only has 30 days?

Hence cite your sources because everything you said was false.

I see plenty of people THINK the screen shots were altered and Area 52 is a sham, but nothing definitive. And talk about a holier than thou attitude, damn. You speak your opinions like they're facts. Grow up man, learn to speak like a decent person and answer someone instead of play bull **** "sarcastic question" games. That's what angsty teenagers do to their parents.

Then you used a Wiki article as proof to say something that still wasn't true. Classic!

k1ng r4t
03-23-2015, 11:22 PM

Also just a heads up but I can still see them on my Steam client. There's 5 available atm

ddrplaya4638
03-24-2015, 09:04 AM
Hence cite your sources because everything you said was false.

I see plenty of people THINK the screen shots were altered and Area 52 is a sham, but nothing definitive. And talk about a holier than thou attitude, damn. You speak your opinions like they're facts. Grow up man, learn to speak like a decent person and answer someone instead of play bull **** "sarcastic question" games. That's what angsty teenagers do to their parents.

Then you used a Wiki article as proof to say something that still wasn't true. Classic!

Let's take it outside you guys.... hahaha we can duke it out to pass the time till RCTW

keeper262
03-24-2015, 11:04 AM
I didn't know someone had been officially appointed to decide whether we need anymore questions answered or not, let alone determining if asking them is 'paranoid' or not, so congratulations on your new promotion!! :D

What are you talking about...this entire thread is about people demanding things. Obviously everyone here has been, as you would say, "promoted" or "appointed" to some various position.

Wabigbear
03-24-2015, 12:07 PM
What are you talking about...this entire thread is about people demanding things. Obviously everyone here has been, as you would say, "promoted" or "appointed" to some various position.

"this entire thread"? LOL! Go back and read the few posts before yours, there weren't any "people demanding things" other than your own determination that we don't need more answers and that asking a question was paranoid.

So no, it's obvious that it's pretty much just you, but you did make me laugh. Thanks for that! :D

CaptainJelle
03-24-2015, 12:20 PM
I lost total interest in this game and am very disappointed. They threat us like were a bunch of little kids who are happy with just unlimited cotton candy. And with all the backlash, they suddenly now know what's wrong and will listen to the community for creating a good game. Did these guys even play RCT3? Well if they did then they'd know exactly what we want. Im beginning to think they are just a bunch of money wolves interested in their bankaccounts instead of creating a good game.

so i cant think of 2 questions cause i dont give any S...!

k1ng r4t
03-24-2015, 01:11 PM
Let's take it outside you guys.... hahaha we can duke it out to pass the time till RCTW

It dies out faster if others don't acknowledge it. I only brought it up because this thread is specifically about the pictures being fake. Which nobody knows the truth. He said they are fake like fact. So in case someone else comes along and reads this, they should know it isn't. But you quote me and tell me to stop! Ha!

Also he is by far one of the angriest people on this forum and I don't do it often, but it is fun to see his reactions...even when you ask a reasonable question, he goes into full defense mode! And you can't ignore his type cause when you do they get even angrier and cockier! Then they send me nasty messages instead lol. It's a vicious cycle the RCTW forums

The Stig
03-24-2015, 01:33 PM
Just look at these post-alpha graphics: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/AgyU22bU_xw/maxresdefault.jpg
I think I speak for everyone when I say this:

1.) How do blind people know when to stop wiping?
2.) Why do Hot dogs come in packs of 10 when buns come in packs of 8?
3.) And what the hell is on Joey's head?
4.) What are we supposed to make of this statement?

We are in talks with Disney and Lucas Arts in hopes to incorporate your favorite Star Wars characters into the game. Imagine a stall selling lightsabers. Or a restaurant themed to look like the Mos Eisley Cantina. Or the all-new Pod Racing Coaster! Jar-Jar Binks Baloons!! The possibilities are endless. We are excited to hear your feedback.

It just makes me so angry! I demand Mattlab answer me immediately!
There is really no need to argue the facts, as it's all right here in the official press release:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkZC7sqImaM

k1ng r4t
03-24-2015, 03:45 PM
Just look at these post-alpha graphics: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/AgyU22bU_xw/maxresdefault.jpg
I think I speak for everyone when I say this:

1.) How do blind people know when to stop wiping?
2.) Why do Hot dogs come in packs of 10 when buns come in packs of 8?
3.) And what the hell is on Joey's head?
4.) What are we supposed to make of this statement?

It just makes me so angry! I demand Mattlab answer me immediately!
There is really no need to argue the facts, as it's all right here in the official press release:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkZC7sqImaM

As long as Jar Jar Binks is the park inspector, I'm ok

Question 2 is proof of the American hot dog conspiracy. Now THAT'S a fact!

k1ng r4t
03-24-2015, 03:47 PM
Actually Vader should be park inspector and he'll use the force to punish those who do not comply with minimum Federal Standards and Practices.

Jar Jar should be a playable character.

koekeritis
03-24-2015, 07:50 PM
Actually Vader should be park inspector and he'll use the force to punish those who do not comply with minimum Federal Standards and Practices.

Jar Jar should be a playable character.

And I would want to use the force to kill the park inspector. Always when I played RCT3 I would lock him up in a corner shout at him: "nobody likes you!"

koekeritis
03-24-2015, 07:58 PM
See, the thing I don't get is why they would photoshop the screenshots as marketing and then release such a bad trailer. It just doesn't make sense to me. If they edit the screenshots to make their product look good, why then release that trailer. If the screen shots are photshopped or something along those lines, they would have heavily edited/used pre rendered footage for the trailer right? If It's because of the dev switch why then release another good looking screenshot on steam at the same time as the trailer? It just boggles my mind.

keeper262
03-25-2015, 02:22 AM
"this entire thread"? LOL! Go back and read the few posts before yours, there weren't any "people demanding things" other than your own determination that we don't need more answers and that asking a question was paranoid.

So no, it's obvious that it's pretty much just you, but you did make me laugh. Thanks for that! :D

The title of the thread is "My (and possibly your) 2 questions I want answered.", you must have skipped that part, now I am laughing. :D

The first post....

Sure there are a few off topic comments and such but the subject of the thread is what it is. I guess you need to go back and read the title and first post.:D

Thanks for making my night!

Wabigbear
03-25-2015, 09:37 AM
The title of the thread is "My (and possibly your) 2 questions I want answered.", you must have skipped that part, now I am laughing. :D

The first post....

Sure there are a few off topic comments and such but the subject of the thread is what it is. I guess you need to go back and read the title and first post.:D

Thanks for making my night!

Oh, now I get it! Silly me, I didn't know you were wanting everyone to follow Emily Post's Rules for Internet Forum Conversations and that perhaps a well-placed "please" might have improved how the thread title and post was received by some! I think Ms Post's works can be useful in other instances as well.

Let's pull a random post from the thread and see if we can de-hypocritical-ize it, shall we? It will be fun! :D

"Just read the blogs, it is quite clear they are still developing the major foundations of the game. We do not need anymore questions answered for now, stop being paranoid."

In the very best tradition of Miss Manners we could instead change this mystery post into something more like this:

"I feel perhaps your questions might seem a bit brisk to some readers. If I may, I would suggest that we should please consider re-reading the blogs, for, in my humble opinion, it seems clear to me that they are still developing the major foundations of the game. I think that I would suggest that in that regard perhaps we aren't in need of any more queries that need answers at this moment in time, as I'm sure none of us want to give the slightest appearance of what could possibly seem as paranoia, although I'm certain that's not the case here, and I would never take it upon myself to draw attention to a mere possible faux-pas on the part of the threads originator..."

See? You're certainly right, if one is going to start a thread or 'mini-mod' later in that thread, they really should do so with tact and grace! I'm sure we all learned an invaluable lesson here. I for one am truly grateful! :)

k1ng r4t
03-25-2015, 02:44 PM
Oh boy.

This thread though

keeper262
03-25-2015, 04:35 PM
Oh, now I get it! Silly me, I didn't know you were wanting everyone to follow Emily Post's Rules for Internet Forum Conversations and that perhaps a well-placed "please" might have improved how the thread title and post was received by some! I think Ms Post's works can be useful in other instances as well.

Let's pull a random post from the thread and see if we can de-hypocritical-ize it, shall we? It will be fun! :D

In the very best tradition of Miss Manners we could instead change this mystery post into something more like this:

See? You're certainly right, if one is going to start a thread or 'mini-mod' later in that thread, they really should do so with tact and grace! I'm sure we all learned an invaluable lesson here. I for one am truly grateful! :)

Well as you proved in your last post, word choice is important and so is the interpretation of it. If you want to follow the "Miss Manners" or "Emily Post's Rules" by all means do. I find your "translation" unnecessary, I think most of us know that when some makes a post in a thread like this, it is in fact an opinion.

The Stig
03-25-2015, 04:38 PM
I find your "translation" unnecessary, I think most of us know that when some makes a post in a thread like this, it is in fact an opinion.

And the fact that someone has an opinion makes some people upset...

k1ng r4t
03-25-2015, 10:13 PM
And the fact that someone has an opinion makes some people upset...

And the fact people spout their opinions like facts is just downright funny!

bctrainers
03-26-2015, 02:17 AM
Closing. No need to be sniping at one another.