PDA

View Full Version : First person mode pretty much confirmed.

koekeritis
03-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Since they are using unity. A first person mode to walk around your park is pretty much confirmed. 'cause unity includes a standard firstperson controller (the one from unity 4 and before was not to great but the new one from unity includes sprinting bobbing foot step sounds already.) They just need to plonk down the unity FPS controller and make script to disable/destroy it and switch to the other camera mode and vice versa. This certainly will be plus factor for me buying the game or not.

darkhorizon
03-20-2015, 08:23 PM
No...just, no. Just because Unity includes a firstperson controller doesn't mean they'll use it.

Everyone thinks that because they revealed that Unity is and HAS been their engine, all the sudden the game is going to have amazing graphics and gameplay. They've been using Unity this whole time - if they didn't have first person before, they won't have it now.

RCT is not a first person game.

So no, it's not "pretty much confirmed". It's just you speculating.

koekeritis
03-20-2015, 08:28 PM
No...just, no. Just because Unity includes a firstperson controller doesn't mean they'll use it.

Everyone thinks that because they revealed that Unity is and HAS been their engine, all the sudden the game is going to have amazing graphics and gameplay. They've been using Unity this whole time - if they didn't have first person before, they won't have it now.

That's why I said pretty much. Also we don't know if they had first person before or not. And I completely agree with you on the point that
People think the game is gonna have great viuals becuof unity 5. The engine dcreates the capability the artist creates the visuals (wich is something within the capabilities of course)
RCT is NOT a first person game but just walking around it ground level seing the rides from the path... I think it would be fun.

darkhorizon
03-20-2015, 08:33 PM
That's why I said pretty much. Also we don't know if they had first person before or not. And I completely agree with you on the point that
People think the game is gonna have great viuals becuof unity 5. The engine dcreates the capability the artist creates the visuals (wich is something within the capabilities of course)
RCT is NOT a first person game but just walking around it ground level seing the rides from the path... I think it would be fun.

...but you can't say "pretty much confirmed" because it hasn't been "confirmed" in the slightest bit. They haven't even hinted at it.

I agree that walking around the park at peep-level would be fun, but Atari/Mattlab hasn't mentioned anything about that. So again, it's all just speculating, not "pretty much".

Everett
03-20-2015, 09:38 PM
well koekeritis i hope this is true! i agree it would definitely be lots of fun having a POV option for you to roam freely though out the park. after all you designed your whole park you should be able to enjoy it like any guest would. :D:D

VACkillers
03-20-2015, 10:08 PM
...but you can't say "pretty much confirmed" because it hasn't been "confirmed" in the slightest bit. They haven't even hinted at it.

I agree that walking around the park at peep-level would be fun, but Atari/Mattlab hasn't mentioned anything about that. So again, it's all just speculating, not "pretty much".

Completely agree. It's all speculation and conjection right now but the idea that the FPS view is easily accessable to add in is a kool thing to think about. It's not anything major I'm looking forward to or anything but it could be a nice feature though...

wesleypacman
03-21-2015, 12:45 AM

you are very right haha wow :-)

unclekrusty
03-21-2015, 01:06 AM
I thought there was an exploration-like feature listed in the description on a listing of the game on a German site someone brought up a while ago, but it might not strictly be first-person.

AUS_Twisted
03-21-2015, 04:05 AM

I agree just because the engine already has such features doesn't mean they will include it but I don't agree about RCT not being a first person game as RCT3 has first person views on rides it's just doesn't have any control of peeps like a typical FPS game, having first person views with direct control in your park is a feature they would be silly not to add as it gives realism of what the park feels like if you were actually there. Top down isometric views to me in the last 10 - 15 years are a bit boring and more so made for building.

koekeritis
03-21-2015, 05:31 AM

Believe me. If I could change the tgread title I would've done it by now