PDA

View Full Version : RCTW UK Release Date

KatyPerryFan4Eva
03-17-2015, 05:30 PM
Hi there,

I want to buy RCTW when I comes out and I live in the UK. Can anybody give me an approximate release date it will be available for purchase in the UK game store please?

ColossusInferno
03-17-2015, 05:52 PM
Hi there,

I want to buy RCTW when I comes out and I live in the UK. Can anybody give me an approximate release date it will be available for purchase in the UK game store please?

There's not an official release date, rumours are that it'll be out about 28th May, probably later however...

Fuzzfinger
03-17-2015, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I think they said May time on Steam, but hopefully after the universal negative reaction to the trailer, they will invest more time in getting things right, so it could be later. Originally, the game was stated for 'early 2015', but I still reckon it will be this year at some point - completely uneducated reckoning though!

Fuzz

Deuce
03-17-2015, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I think they said May time on Steam, but hopefully after the universal negative reaction to the trailer, they will invest more time in getting things right, so it could be later. Originally, the game was stated for 'early 2015', but I still reckon it will be this year at some point - completely uneducated reckoning though!

Fuzz

I'm thinking mid to late this year... Or maybe just cancelled. It's a difficult one, I don't even know what I want anymore!! I think if it comes out anytime soon it will be a poor game. If it comes out in 6 months it could be good, but then why not make it good from day one if they had the resources? If it was cancelled we would never know the real reason or state of the game.

But the worst that could happen is they consider cancelling because they know they can't make the game ppl want, but then choose to release it anyway, regardless of criticism, just to recoup production costs. That would kill RCT.

If I had to bet, and was forced to be optimistic, I'd say final quarter this year it will finally be released and will probably be an 'acceptable' game. I don't see any evidence of it being the sort of step forward that RCT3 was though. It would take a couple more years to rebuild it to be that good!

PixelPlayer
03-17-2015, 08:02 PM
Its same time for everyone on Steam i believe.

VACkillers
03-17-2015, 08:03 PM
I'm thinking mid to late this year... Or maybe just cancelled. It's a difficult one, I don't even know what I want anymore!! I think if it comes out anytime soon it will be a poor game. If it comes out in 6 months it could be good, but then why not make it good from day one if they had the resources? If it was cancelled we would never know the real reason or state of the game.

But the worst that could happen is they consider cancelling because they know they can't make the game ppl want, but then choose to release it anyway, regardless of criticism, just to recoup production costs. That would kill RCT.

If I had to bet, and was forced to be optimistic, I'd say final quarter this year it will finally be released and will probably be an 'acceptable' game. I don't see any evidence of it being the sort of step forward that RCT3 was though. It would take a couple more years to rebuild it to be that good!

This game wont get canceled.... think people should be very clear on that

Deuce
03-18-2015, 02:20 AM

Why is cancellation not a possibility? I'm not saying it's likely but it has certainly happens.

RCTW1
03-18-2015, 02:36 AM
Unless a miracle happens, I'm not sure if I'll even want RCTW.

tycoon
03-18-2015, 02:58 AM

Why is cancellation not a possibility? I'm not saying it's likely but it has certainly happens.

if what they released in the trailer is the current state of the game, i don't see why cancellation is not a valid possibility.

i don't see why it's any less likely that they sell the franchise rights / name to frontier, and pull out of their own development attempt, than it is that they actually produce an AAA quality successor the the RCT franchise.

just being realistic, not negative. frankly i'd rather have RCT in frontier's hands than area 52 or atari's at this point - so while the option of a 'straight cancellation' may not be fiscally viable, i don't see why sale of the TM rights to another developer wouldn't be a valid option, and perhaps even more likely, if said investments to date in what may be a crap game could be recouped, and perhaps set them up for the expansions / DLC concent subsequent to the state of the game today...

just sayin'... (and to those that complain about complainers - i'm not complaining, i'm stating a valid point, albeit invoking the crappy trailer they put out, and skepticism about their capacity to actually produce this game, given the weeks of silence following the fire and brimstone response from the community, regarding the same crappy trailer... just thought i'd clarify)

DMB1985
03-18-2015, 05:23 AM
The current release date on Steam is mid 2015 so if that is stuck to then we're looking at some when between May and August.

As for cancellation, I can't see it happening. Whether the game is good or bad, the name alone will ensure plenty of people still buy it.

KatyPerryFan4Eva
03-18-2015, 07:52 AM

Well from the look of the trailer it looks a bit like RCT3 but a bit more realistic which is the direction it SHOULD be taking now. After all it IS the 21st century but I DO think it would be a whole heap better if they released it with a VIRTUAL REALITY HEADSET so you could ride the rides from the comfort of your own home. Personally I for one am realli looking forward to its release and I am going down to GAME today to find out when that's gunna be and to reserve my copy!

RCTW1
03-18-2015, 06:53 PM
if what they released in the trailer is the current state of the game, i don't see why cancellation is not a valid possibility.

i don't see why it's any less likely that they sell the franchise rights / name to frontier, and pull out of their own development attempt, than it is that they actually produce an AAA quality successor the the RCT franchise.

just being realistic, not negative. frankly i'd rather have RCT in frontier's hands than area 52 or atari's at this point - so while the option of a 'straight cancellation' may not be fiscally viable, i don't see why sale of the TM rights to another developer wouldn't be a valid option, and perhaps even more likely, if said investments to date in what may be a crap game could be recouped, and perhaps set them up for the expansions / DLC concent subsequent to the state of the game today...

just sayin'... (and to those that complain about complainers - i'm not complaining, i'm stating a valid point, albeit invoking the crappy trailer they put out, and skepticism about their capacity to actually produce this game, given the weeks of silence following the fire and brimstone response from the community, regarding the same crappy trailer... just thought i'd clarify)

Good point Tycoon. Atari needs to save the RCT franchise by selling it to a better company like Frontier Developments or even Paradox Interactive. :)