PDA

View Full Version : RCT World, YES!

Fuzzfinger
12-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Hi all, firstly thanks for giving us fans this new forum.

I am really excited for RCT World, RCT4 Mobile wasn't really something I cared much for but I love the PC games!

What happened to Pipeworks though? Hope we are still on for an early 2015 release but of course we want a game that is awesome so release it when it's ready :D

Fuzz

davadude
12-12-2014, 06:46 PM
What happened to Pipeworks though? Hope we are still on for an early 2015 release but of course we want a game that is awesome so release it when it's ready :D

As far as I can see, the trailer and website still state early 2015, as did the Facebook post.

killerBeege
12-12-2014, 07:12 PM
yes so excited!!! from the looks of it they are truly trying to turn there image around! we all know RCT3 was far from good I have been playing RCT since release in 99 on an oldschool slow slow slow Compaq Presario and dial up!!! cant wait to see what they have in store love me some rollercoasters!!!!!

Brian
12-12-2014, 07:51 PM
I am very excited for the new game. But I'm not going to expect that much from it. I don't want the same feeling I got when I saw RCT 3 which looked amazing but then got disappointed by the lack of realism and quality.

RCTBeast
12-12-2014, 08:04 PM
I'm really hoping for a game like RCT3 but extended with more functionality and online play. Though RCT2 is my favourite, RCT3 was still a successful conversion to 3D in my opinion .

DudeThatsErin
12-12-2014, 08:30 PM
I can't wait for this new game!

lohansony
12-13-2014, 03:28 AM
yes so excited!!! from the looks of it they are truly trying to turn there image around! we all know RCT3 was far from good I have been playing RCT since release in 99 on an oldschool slow slow slow Compaq Presario and dial up!!! cant wait to see what they have in store love me some rollercoasters!!!!!

I actually really liked RCT3 for a game from 2005 or whenever it was, and I just hope that RCTW is way better.

warly
12-13-2014, 06:21 AM

Far from good? In my opinion it still the best Theme Park Management game out there. They added significant features like advanced terraforming and water-tools. Theming tools are great (although assets were limited) and the fireworks was amazing to create. Of course there is always potential but RCT3 does not have to hide :)

dwwilkin
12-13-2014, 11:47 AM
it still the best Theme Park Management game out there.

I agree with Warly. Theme Park Studio is the great disappointment currently, and despite their saying Early Access, they have released it to people to use and is might as well be like photoshoping an Amusement park. Drop in your flat ride and look at the picture.

Each though, TPS, Sim Theme Park, NoLimits, etc, is different than every other, as well as RCT is different from RCT3 (One can refer to threads, though with the Atari Servers perviously disappearing, so to did those flame wars, about how RCT and RCT2 were almost completely identical) With Frontier taking over from Chris Sawyer, RCT 3 and its 3D had to become different than RCT. Yet predominantly the gameplay, the entirety of universe, how a peep thinks and acts, how one structures a park to get the best ratings, best revenue, all seem fairly consistent.

If that can continue from RCT3 to RCTW, then I think we are ahead (We could consider RCTM an aberration.)

CreamyBeef
12-13-2014, 03:52 PM

RCT3 was fantastic. Just because it was 3d, doesn't mean it was bad. I think it's better than RCT2.

jeriky
12-13-2014, 03:58 PM
I absolutely love RCT3. It brought a new "depth" to the game and although there are some flaws in it (just like any other games), it definitely was the better one of the series. I am excited about RCTW. I just hope everything is going to be different this time around, but not so different that it involves a 500-page manual on how to use the game hahaa

LooseKid187
12-13-2014, 07:33 PM
I have all the RCT series, and they are all good, great even, but honestly i still think RCT2 is top dog, it was amazing :)

I just Hope RCTW can grasp the Balls of RCT2 and 3, Stick them together, add a butt load of new features and still be Amazing!

sam_93
12-13-2014, 09:02 PM
I agree with Warly. Theme Park Studio is the great disappointment currently, and despite their saying Early Access, they have released it to people to use and is might as well be like photoshoping an Amusement park. Drop in your flat ride and look at the picture.

This is exactly what I think, well said. :)

Being an avid Coaster gamer, RCT will always remain the best series as it has character, and is completely immersive. As pretty as No Limits looks, I find it boring from a gaming point of view.

I think it's comparable to the Sims series. Imagine how dull it would be if they tried to make it as 'realistic' as possible? That's why the Sims is so playable, because it's like real life, but it's quirky and has some absurd elements. This is what has made the RCT so playable, I mean - I still play RCT1 to this date, all these years after it's release. I'd much rather them take their time away from making things uber 'realistic', because that adds nothing to game play. I'd much rather the producers invest their time in making an exciting game with character.

Sure, there's certain nags which I'd like them to take on board. The supports from RCT3 come to mind, but a game can still look and feel amazing without it having to look exactly like real life. I play games as an escapism and pass-time, I personally don't enjoy games which only focus on realism.

CreamyBeef
12-14-2014, 12:20 PM
I agree. One of my big problems with No Limits was that it was very hard to make anything other than a coaster. Theme Park Studio tried to combine RCT and NoLimits, and it failed.

Danny
12-14-2014, 12:25 PM
Theme Park Studio tried to combine RCT and NoLimits, and it failed.

In what way? It's still a project in development so I'd argue it's not succeeded nor failed.

iChase
12-14-2014, 12:32 PM
For me the biggest fun of the RCT series versus NoLimits or TPS was not only getting to build a roller coaster, but a theme park around it that I could ultimately sit back and watch peeps enjoy. NL and TPS seem so sterile.

RCTW1
12-15-2014, 12:50 AM

Each though, TPS, Sim Theme Park, NoLimits, etc, is different than every other, as well as RCT is different from RCT3 (One can refer to threads, though with the Atari Servers perviously disappearing, so to did those flame wars, about how RCT and RCT2 were almost completely identical) With Frontier taking over from Chris Sawyer, RCT 3 and its 3D had to become different than RCT. Yet predominantly the gameplay, the entirety of universe, how a peep thinks and acts, how one structures a park to get the best ratings, best revenue, all seem fairly consistent.

If that can continue from RCT3 to RCTW, then I think we are ahead (We could consider RCTM an aberration.)

I'm not too thrilled with TPS as a whole either. Sure it has some great aspects to it, but it's so darn tedious. Just like doing a 100 piece puzzle. I do like realistic, but not uber-realistic. I sure hope that makes sense.:)

intoxination
02-07-2015, 11:33 AM
I'm not too thrilled with TPS as a whole either. Sure it has some great aspects to it, but it's so darn tedious. Just like doing a 100 piece puzzle. I do like realistic, but not uber-realistic. I sure hope that makes sense.:)

I've been in the TPS early access since day 1 and can back up these sentiments 100%. What has always been appealing to me with RCT is that me, someone close to 50 years old, can sit down and have hours of fun (even with RCT3 after all these years), or my 5 year old nephew can sit down and have hours of fun. TPS takes a lot of time to learn, and hundreds of hours to even begin to master, just to get a park to look at. Honestly, if I spent the time to learn TPS in making some stock meshes and textures for Maya or 3DS Max, I could make a park just as quickly without limits.

Having said that, the two are totally different types of systems. TPS is geared towards being just a sandbox, where you do nothing but build parks, while RCT more or less splits that builder aspect with a game aspect, I would say close to 50-50. So honestly, I don't really think they are that comparable.