PDA

View Full Version : could i......???

gamezempires
03-15-2015, 12:52 PM
hallo rollercouster tycoon devs i am a dutch person and i played rollercoster tycoon many times i even played rollercoster tycoon 1 and 2 with my sister and i played rollercoster tycoon 3 and 4 so here is my Q

1. could i get a beta key for my YouTube chenal becous i have one
2. i would very much like that and it will be very cool
3. i hope to see a reply of you guys

(sorry for the bad spelling i have dislexy and i am dutch so english is not my best thing)

VACkillers
03-15-2015, 01:19 PM
There is no announcement other than they plan it... It will most likely be random selection thru a beta sign up page of sorts at some point, don't think having a YouTube page will make any difference in either or not u get into a beta... Almost everyone has one these days (even me lol)

k1ng r4t
03-15-2015, 01:30 PM
I doubt it'll be random selection since it's something they've announced from the beginning and went out of their way to confirm in a thread. Closed betas aren't usually announced and you don't know until you get the invite. Most likely it'll be people who have it on the Steam wishlist (one reason they emphasized doing it), people registered on the forums (it happens), or an open beta for anyone.

VACkillers
03-15-2015, 02:51 PM
Good point with the wish lists on steam actually didn't even think about that but betas you always have to sign up for wither their closed betas or open ones it doesn't matter u still have to sign up for them and it's been that way for a very long time with all betas, and having a YouTube or twitch account is normally useless because of NDAs (non disclosure agreement). I didn't think about the wish lists though raise a good point on that. Reason why it's randomized because of running the risk of favoritism for certain communities can lead to bias impressions and reviews, so it has to be random.

Fuzzfinger
03-15-2015, 08:11 PM
I have a YT channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/FuzzfingerGaming) even have a nice community built up from it. I doubt it makes any difference in regards to beta invites though.

Fuzz

k1ng r4t
03-16-2015, 12:15 AM
Good point with the wish lists on steam actually didn't even think about that but betas you always have to sign up for wither their closed betas or open ones it doesn't matter u still have to sign up for them and it's been that way for a very long time with all betas, and having a YouTube or twitch account is normally useless because of NDAs (non disclosure agreement). I didn't think about the wish lists though raise a good point on that. Reason why it's randomized because of running the risk of favoritism for certain communities can lead to bias impressions and reviews, so it has to be random.

I agree most betas require some sort of sign up, but you don't always necessarily sign up for that beta specifically. For instance I'm on a few lists that will send me invites when a closed or open beta becomes available. If it's closed you generally have to confirm your invite before the limit is reached. So while you're absolutely right, I assumed in this case the "signing up" will simply be your Steam login or just registering on the forum, and whatever e-mail you used to do so, will get a message about being invited to the new beta!

At least, that's my hope...I'm quite curious to see how they do a beta for this game. Most open betas I've played were multiplayer, online only type deals. So hopefully if it is open the RCTW beta won't just be a multiplayer demo and you build with a stranger, but a taste of the actual game. I'm sure it will be, but you never know.