PDA

View Full Version : Mattlab - Let's play a game...

Jordumus
03-12-2015, 05:05 AM
How to keep the community happy*?

How?

1 - Create 2 new stickied threads. Thread 1 is closed and named: "Mattlabs daily answer". 2nd one has the title: "Mattlabs daily answer: discussion".

2 - Every day, pick a question from the forums, facebook, twitter, steam, wherever. Copy the question and the user who asked it (and where it comes from). Answer it, short but good. IMPORTANT NOTE: 'I can't say more about this' is NOT an answer. Pick questions you actually can answer short and quick. Questions like: "Will there be dark rides". Answer: "Yes/no/Yes, but DLC". Don't go in detail, you have the (not-so-often-posted) blogs for that.

3 - Going to have busy days? Prepare some questions beforehand and just post them. It takes 2 minutes to copy-paste them from a document.

4 - Sit back, work on some blogs, enjoy.

WHY?

The community wants insight. They want to know what is happening, how it is happening and what the result will be. I know that game companies are often afraid to answer those things, because they might not always be able to give everything what they said, or delete features, but if you pick the questions well, this shouldn't be a problem.

WHY NOT?

As I see it right now, Mattlab has no immediate contact with the current developers: he has to mail them and wait for reaction, and those reactions often come late (or maybe even never).

Mattlab has no immediate knowledge of the current state of the game, if he doesn't re-ask the information every time. This means that for every question Mattlab answers, he has to check, double check and maybe even triple check with the game devs.

BUT IN THE END...

The community will have answers. Will have 1 thread where all the answers (and questions) will be, and will have something to check every single day. The discussion thread will allow them to ask even more questions or talk about the latest answered one.

The above is just an idea, people might like or dislike it.
I'm just trying to improve the situation just like the other one. Feel free to give feedback or your opinion on it.

*happy as in: not as raging as at this moment. The definition for 'happy' is abstract and happiness can't be defined. Jordumus is in no circumstances responsable should this fail.

koekeritis
03-12-2015, 05:38 AM
This would be great!

Jordumus
03-12-2015, 08:31 AM
This would be great!

Would be, could be, but sadly chances are slim that it'll happen. :(

koekeritis
03-12-2015, 08:40 AM
Would be, could be, but sadly chances are slim that it'll happen. :(

Yeah unfortunately they are.

redyar
03-12-2015, 09:00 AM
Great idea! Seems like Area52 does not communicate with Atari as well. Great developer, such wow.

The Stig
03-12-2015, 09:11 AM
What if we all just left Mattlab a visitor message?

redyar
03-12-2015, 09:14 AM
What if we all just left Mattlab a visitor message?
We need to gain more attention, yes. Maybe we all should email Area52?

imiha
03-12-2015, 09:16 AM
Don't spam them! Mattlab is reading forums now and then.

redyar
03-12-2015, 09:22 AM
Don't spam them! Mattlab is reading forums now and then.

And Area52?

imiha
03-12-2015, 09:35 AM
Look, if they don't want to communicate to us, they won't do it no matter what we do! Spamming them just shows them how immature you are, because this is not a proper way to communicate. Their behaviour towards us, as a community is very bad indeed, but spamming them won't solve anything.

justinm_
03-12-2015, 09:39 AM
are you sure you don't work for Atari/Area 52?

Jordumus
03-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Spamming, however very tempting, isn't the way to go. if they didn't get it by now that we want more communication, they wont get it after we spam them either. :)

We can only try and give ideas, feedback, ways how they could handle this better, and that's what I tried to do with the first post.

Let's hope Mattlab sees it, and does something with it.

kensulu
03-12-2015, 12:24 PM
You know what is weird is I tried doing the search thing for posts by Mattlab and almost all of them are not popping up, have they been deleted or am I searching for them the wrong way. Anyone else notice this?

redyar
03-12-2015, 12:27 PM
You know what is weird is I tried doing the search thing for posts by Mattlab and almost all of them are not popping up, have they been deleted or am I searching for them the wrong way. Anyone else notice this?

All his posts are on his profile page. He deleted one as far as I know.

Wes_Man77
03-12-2015, 12:29 PM
I actually think Area52 would want to communicate with the community. I'm just pretty sure Atari doesn't allow them to communicate with us. I think every bit of information (and I mean EVERYTHING) has to be approved by a high authority of Atari. That's the reason nobody gives us any information and also why there is still no new devblog...
I would love to get some news (good or bad) every now and then, but as long as Atari decides what piece of Information get's out there, that will never happen.

justinm_
03-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Area 52 could do their own blog on their website just to say what progress they are making (if any) but they choose not to.

I think Mattlab has deleted a few of his previous posts

Wes_Man77
03-12-2015, 12:41 PM
If your authority does not allow you to give out any information, then you can't just post that information on your own website. And Area52 is for sure not in a position to get on the bad side of their only major "money source"

justinm_
03-12-2015, 12:58 PM
I mean that they could be generic and say what they've been doing, so its just a case of saying RCT starting to come together or anything, just to prove that they are doing something.

Jordumus
03-12-2015, 01:47 PM
I actually think Area52 would want to communicate with the community. I'm just pretty sure Atari doesn't allow them to communicate with us. I think every bit of information (and I mean EVERYTHING) has to be approved by a high authority of Atari. That's the reason nobody gives us any information and also why there is still no new devblog...
I would love to get some news (good or bad) every now and then, but as long as Atari decides what piece of Information get's out there, that will never happen.

Even tho this might be true, it's really strange that multiple community managers have been presented to us, just so we could never hear of them again.

Jordumus
03-13-2015, 04:33 AM
shameless bump/

EmSay
03-13-2015, 04:56 AM
This seems like a really good idea.