PDA

View Full Version : Production Blog of my new coaster

RandomMrBrick
03-09-2015, 03:43 PM
So I've decided to properly pick up RCT3 and downloaded some custom scenery. This is where I'll be showing my progress of a Eurofighter coaster that I have started. I'm going for a sort of canyon theme and help would be greatly appreciated.
So far I have only done up to the end of the lift hill
This shows the overall layout of the coaster.
This is what is behind the first corner.
The peeps are then sent through a small tunnel which has water fountains coming in from the tunnel walls.
They are then sent around a corner that leads to the lift hill.

One problem I am having is that there are lots of gaps so you can see to the outside ares of the park which I don't really want. Any way to solve this?

I also want suggestions for names! Anything that relates to canyons would be great!

Ignore the thumbnail at the bottom. It's the same as the first picture.

coaster6
03-09-2015, 04:22 PM
Wow! Talk about scenery overhaul!

Some Suggestions
-I'd go with some mine scenery. The mountains would really complement that.
-it's going to be hard to do that lift hill with the mountains. Id suggest not covering it with a roof of rocks.
-use footers for you're supports!

Just a side note, I wish we had a bigger RCT3 community on this site. I'm not a huge fan of themeparkreview, and I think this website would really benefit!

RandomMrBrick
03-09-2015, 05:45 PM
So you think I should add some mountains along side the lift hill?

Also, do you have any names for this ride?

coaster6
03-09-2015, 05:56 PM
So you think I should add some mountains along side the lift hill?

Also, do you have any names for this ride?

Yes.

Paul Bunyan's Mountain Expedition?

RandomMrBrick
03-09-2015, 06:00 PM
I like the idea of expedition!
Also, I will be releasing a new update tomorrow at about 7:30pm(ish) GMT. This is basically the first ride that I've tried really hard in :P

coaster6
03-09-2015, 06:01 PM
I like the idea of expedition!
Also, I will be releasing a new update tomorrow at about 7:30pm(ish) GMT. This is basically the first ride that I've tried really hard in :P

Yeah, I'm really liking it so far. I've only done about 4 serious RCT3 projects. I did a Stormrunner recreation, the Valentine's day thing, and 2 projects I'm working on currently. Looking forward to the next update!

RandomMrBrick
03-10-2015, 03:45 PM
NEW UPDATE

I haven't done too much but I have now completed the first drop and the scenery (roughly) around it!
The lift hill with mountains either side
The first drop
Fountains are inside the cave
This is the part that leads out

I suck at making supports so I know that they aren't the greatest in the world :P
Also this first drop is barely anywhere near close to being finished. I still have to add a few more supports and possibly some foliage. I still need to terraform the rest of the track and add supports along the way. That will probably be in the next update log which will appear on Thursday due to me not being here tomorrow!

coaster6
03-10-2015, 05:29 PM
Looks great, but those terraformed mountains have to go. They're very unrealistic and pointy.

Other than that, great post!

GGD123
03-15-2015, 07:37 AM
Looking great so far