PDA

View Full Version : RCT doesn't save games

RollerCarmen
03-08-2015, 08:14 AM
Hi everyone!
Recently I installed Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 on my new computer.
Now I'm having a common problem, which I experienced on my old computers as well with this game: I am able to save games, but I can't open them in the start screen. Whenever I click on it, simply nothing happens or shows up. This kinda sucks because whenever I work on a park, I can't complete it...
I have had this problem on my old computer a few years ago, but I was able to fix it with a patch.
The thing is I can not find any working patches anymore :(:(
Does someone know where I can find one or how I will be able to save my games again?
I'd be so happy if I can finally play all my saved games again. :o
Thanks in advance!

simone
06-18-2015, 06:10 PM
having the same problem, when i press save game the game freezes a tiny instant and then nothing. Then i press load nothing happens. if i try to open save game from main menu nothing happens.
Please help

Brainless
06-29-2015, 05:40 AM
Hello, I'm having the same problem. I bought rollercoaster tycoon: the ultimate collector's box. After installing RCT1, I tried to save a game. I'm possible to save a game but unable to load it.

Aw3456
07-03-2015, 12:04 AM
The following worked for me to load saved games -- get to "Saved Games" directory and run something like this from the command line:
..\rtc my_park.sv4

where my_park is your saved game filename (avoid spaces for simplicity).

freez99313
07-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Hi everyone!
Recently I installed Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 on my new computer.
Now I'm having a common problem, which I experienced on my old computers as well with this game: I am able to save games, but I can't open them in the start screen. Whenever I click on it, simply nothing happens or shows up. This kinda sucks because whenever I work on a park, I can't complete it...
I have had this problem on my old computer a few years ago, but I was able to fix it with a patch.
The thing is I can not find any working patches anymore :(:(
Does someone know where I can find one or how I will be able to save my games again?
I'd be so happy if I can finally play all my saved games again. :o
Thanks in advance!

I was having trouble for this for awhile, try this... So create a save file on your desktop name is what ever you want, then when you want to save instead of saving to the normal one save to the one on your desktop. That worked for me :o

cutiepanther
08-22-2015, 12:28 PM
Same here worked on my park for like 3 hours yestreday I don't wanna start again

hmclatchie
10-24-2015, 06:16 AM
Hey guys, I'm not very tech savy & been having the same problem as you all, not being able to save games. I'd love to be able to create a new save file on my desktop to solve this problem but I dont know how. Would you guys be able to explain it or even refer me to a link that would?

ChrisGrey
01-21-2016, 05:20 PM
hello

i managed to bypass this problem on win 7 x64

steps i made
1.right click on rct.exe
2.properties
3.compatibility
win 95
Turn off visual themes
Run this program as an administrator
5.ok

worked like a charm !!!

ChipmunkAtariCS
02-11-2016, 05:32 PM
Hello,

Please send a support ticket at http://support.atari.com/ so that we can better assist you. Access the site and click on “Submit a help request”, select “Technical Support”, fill in your information and click on submit.

Thank you for playing!