PDA

View Full Version : All I need to know...

CoasterNazi666
03-08-2015, 08:10 AM
http://postimg.org/image/fcve3be3n/ all I want to know at this point is if this picture is confirmed, it seems to be avoided but looks part of the game. The graphics look much better than in the trailer and the station looks like it has some potential as it curves. But seriously is this real or fan made?

AUS_Twisted
03-08-2015, 08:15 AM
http://postimg.org/image/fcve3be3n/ all I want to know at this point is if this picture is confirmed, it seems to be avoided but looks part of the game. The graphics look much better than in the trailer and the station looks like it has some potential as it curves. But seriously is this real or fan made?

It's a old screenshot from Pipeworks I believe which was posted on these forums a fair while back.

CoasterNazi666
03-08-2015, 08:20 AM
I've never seen it mentioned or confirmed so I was just wondering, thanks.

ExtraCheese
03-08-2015, 08:55 AM
Yes it was posted on Facebook, and very fast removed too. It seemed that the developers didn't really wanted to show it to the community. I can't imagine why not, as it looks very good! This compared to the horrible trailer raises many questions...
Questions which I hope will be answered in the next blog post 'early next week'.

CoasterNazi666
03-08-2015, 08:59 AM
Yes it was posted on Facebook, and very fast removed too. It seemed that the developers didn't really wanted to show it to the community. I can't imagine why not, as it looks very good! This compared to the horrible trailer raises many questions...
Questions which I hope will be answered in the next blog post 'early next week'.

Thats why I was confused cause they should be releasing images like these instead of trailers from last year, this kind of picture makes me want RCTW. Eventhough the cars are a bit odd

DMB1985
03-08-2015, 09:12 AM
It's all a bit strange really. You'd think the devs would want to show off as good a looking game as possible so to remove that image is rather fishy.

CoasterNazi666
03-08-2015, 09:20 AM
Yeah nothing seems to be making sense at the moment, hopefully next week they will make everything a lot clearer, fingers crossed

Retinad
03-08-2015, 10:12 AM
... Questions which I hope will be answered in the next blog post 'early next week'.

Which is probably April or May, lol.

CoasterNazi666
03-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Which is probably April or May, lol. yeah haha most likely but if they pick up their game then I'm all for RCTW so hopefully we will get updates next week

tycoon
03-08-2015, 12:20 PM
one possible explanation could be that this screenshot is from the time pipeworks was working on development. it is possible that perhaps in the separation, certain game assets were not left behind by pipeworks and/or area 52 had to basically start from the ground up. that would explain why this image is taken down by atari whenever it surfaces, as it does not represent the current or anticipated state of the game...

as an asset example, look at the balloon stand...

in the screen shot it looks like a generic type balloon stand, and is connected to (actually surrounded by) the path:
http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag116/rctwtycoon/old-balloon_zpsy7frrmtb.png

whereas in the trailer, it's been replaced by a baloon stand with that racoon mascot:
http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag116/rctwtycoon/new-baloon_zpsbqqtmdgc.png

maybe they really did have to 'start over', which would explain the delay... all i know is that screenshot sure as heck does look like rctw, and the new trailer definitely looks like a step backward... or much earlier version... that wouldn't explain why they wouldn't want to show off this particular screenshot though...

MR.sugar
03-08-2015, 12:31 PM
Maybe it's exact opposite. Maybe the picture is actually early version and they think the new version from the trailer is actually better :D.

redyar
03-08-2015, 12:52 PM
Maybe it's exact opposite. Maybe the picture is actually early version and they think the new version from the trailer is actually better :D.

Simply no since they are human beings, too.
But this screen is 3-4 month old? How old is the trailer then? This makes no sense at all, doesnt it?

TheCoasterGOd3
03-08-2015, 01:04 PM
The trailer was made- August 2014. 8 months ago.

tycoon
03-08-2015, 01:19 PM

that has not been confirmed.

stoney101
03-08-2015, 02:33 PM

Please stop spreading false information. I know you are just trying to be hopeful and believe me I wish this was the case but there is absolutely no credible evidence to support your statement plus don't you think that if it was from 8 months ago they would have come out and said it by now after the extremely negative reaction to the trailer. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow we may have some more information if they get the Dev blog 5 up but until then everything is pure speculation.

Nagta
03-08-2015, 02:56 PM
With the picture being blurry and full of contrasting shadows, it may have been shopped heavily.

Look behind at the rocky mountains. Its not too visible due to the fading, however if you look closely the textures seem very low-res.
Main reason this pic was avoided was because of the unrealistic design. Look at the guy's arms in the pic. In real life, your hands should be under the safety device, and if your hands are located in between, you will most likely fall off.

I just think the game was poorly done. I mean, its an earlier pic. But look at the wheels, that's not how wheels look in coasters, they made it look like a god damn minecart track. First impression when I saw that pic was that the game was developed by people who have no idea about theme parks.

CoasterNazi666
03-08-2015, 04:37 PM
That may be but on the box art the same car layout is shown so it might not be that early. I've also noticed the restraints are very odd XD and the peeps legs are twigs, but still atleast it gives hope for the game

MR.sugar
03-08-2015, 05:02 PM
With the picture being blurry and full of contrasting shadows, it may have been shopped heavily.

Look behind at the rocky mountains. Its not too visible due to the fading, however if you look closely the textures seem very low-res.
Main reason this pic was avoided was because of the unrealistic design. Look at the guy's arms in the pic. In real life, your hands should be under the safety device, and if your hands are located in between, you will most likely fall off.

I just think the game was poorly done. I mean, its an earlier pic. But look at the wheels, that's not how wheels look in coasters, they made it look like a god damn minecart track. First impression when I saw that pic was that the game was developed by people who have no idea about theme parks.

The wheels are ok. In game design, you have to decide which things are going to be high detailed and which not. Making wheels completely rounded, it would hurt optimization. When you are doing a game that will have quite big open landscape full of animated models, people and all that stuff happening at the same time, you just need to work with certain "budget" to keep game running smoothly on large scale of riggs. Even in 2015, we are rly not that advanced to make everything superdetailed and wheels are actually not bugging me so much... It's just expected to be this way and when you play the game, you will hardly notice this....

Even though, if there are any loops on this coaster, they would probably fall off :D

Bertje
03-08-2015, 07:42 PM
And still, all I want to know is if we will be able to make curved paths and adjust the width.

wesleypacman
03-08-2015, 10:45 PM
if the final game isnt better or up to par with the screenshots released by pipeworks, then they shouldnt even have the screenshots by pipeworks on the steam page

Nagta
03-08-2015, 10:50 PM
The wheels are ok. In game design, you have to decide which things are going to be high detailed and which not. Making wheels completely rounded, it would hurt optimization. When you are doing a game that will have quite big open landscape full of animated models, people and all that stuff happening at the same time, you just need to work with certain "budget" to keep game running smoothly on large scale of riggs. Even in 2015, we are rly not that advanced to make everything superdetailed and wheels are actually not bugging me so much... It's just expected to be this way and when you play the game, you will hardly notice this....

Even though, if there are any loops on this coaster, they would probably fall off :D I'm not talking about the shape, sorry for not being clear :p. Previous rct3 games had wheels where the carts transportation wheels placed on the top with safety wheels placed on the bottom. You'll see what I mean if you search rollercoaster wheels on google images. This was in RCT3, why not RCTW, with 10 years of advancement in tech? Afaik adding a model (sphere with few polygons) wouldn't alter the games coding or optimization too much, also the wheels do not take too much space for textures.

Its just the small details that I appreciate, it would mean that they actually researched the main theme and ideas of their franchise.

Edit: found an example pic from rct3

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/-9lu6CpEaBE/maxresdefault.jpg

Nupol
03-09-2015, 01:10 AM
That is a custome track portet from no limits with a custome made car. Nothing vanilla in this screenshot. But I agree its the details. In rct3 the wheels where made from a alphatexture sandwich. Never understood that because with the Poly's you could have model a decent low poly wheel. Today's tech should handle a bit more Poly's fore sure.

Nagta
03-09-2015, 02:23 AM
That is a custome track portet from no limits with a custome made car. Nothing vanilla in this screenshot. But I agree its the details. In rct3 the wheels where made from a alphatexture sandwich. Never understood that because with the Poly's you could have model a decent low poly wheel. Today's tech should handle a bit more Poly's fore sure.

Huh, thanks. Didn't know that the pic is from a custom made cart. As far as I know, I remember seeing carts with detailed wheels. I'll take a screencap to be sure when I get home.

can't really find pics of wheels very well, however I found these two on the web. Pretty sure they're from vanilla carts instead of modded ones. Check em out anyways :)

http://s768.photobucket.com/user/Gelatino95/media-full//rctscreenchot_6.png.html

http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/COASTERFRECK/media/RCT3%20Screenshots/Shot0010.png.html

Nagta
03-09-2015, 02:33 AM

Took some screenshots from RCT3. They were indeed there for most coasters.

A different variant. At least they've shown detail for different coasters

tycoon
03-09-2015, 02:38 AM
if the final game isnt better or up to par with the screenshots released by pipeworks, then they shouldnt even have the screenshots by pipeworks on the steam page

that would be misleading, i agree...

if the trailer is at all representative of the current state of affairs... with pineapple drink and balloon stands that don't even connect to paths... that would indeed be 'false advertising' and disingenuous to advertise.

i will wait for the 'explanation', 'early next week' before i pass judgment. however, that 'teaser trailer'... total crap.

Mattlab
03-10-2015, 03:49 PM

This picture is indeed from RCTW. :)

coaster6
03-10-2015, 03:50 PM
This picture is indeed from RCTW. :) Why does the game look so beautiful there?

CoasterNazi666
03-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Thankyou for giving me a straight answer on my thread really appreciate it

imiha
03-10-2015, 03:56 PM
I think I will sleep better tonight! :D

VACkillers
03-10-2015, 04:01 PM

Never saw that screenshot myself either and don't ever remember seeing that one ever posted on facebook, that looks bloody amazing!!!! thats what we all want I think...

Nagta
03-10-2015, 04:05 PM

Being a LITTLE bit more clear, was that picture pre-rendered/photoshopped? Or is it an actual ingame screenshot? We know that's definately not a picture from League of Legends, but I'm not sure if that's the graphical state of the game atm or if the trailer is the graphical state atm.

Mattlab
03-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Being a LITTLE bit more clear, was that picture pre-rendered/photoshopped? Or is it an actual ingame screenshot? We know that's definately not a picture from League of Legends, but I'm not sure if that's the graphical state of the game atm or if the trailer is the graphical state atm.

This is an actual in-game screenshot. All screenshots released are from the game itself and using the game itself to take them.

VACkillers
03-10-2015, 04:09 PM

Not to keep hopes up when not needed, but that is almost clearly gameplay footage with the way that whole scene is set up.

Nagta
03-10-2015, 04:12 PM
This is an actual in-game screenshot. All screenshots released are from the game itself and using the game itself to take them.

Thank you, MattLab. At least I'm gaining some faith for this game. I'll be expecting more news from the dev blog.

Ultramankiller
03-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Please stop spreading false information. I know you are just trying to be hopeful and believe me I wish this was the case but there is absolutely no credible evidence to support your statement plus don't you think that if it was from 8 months ago they would have come out and said it by now after the extremely negative reaction to the trailer. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow we may have some more information if they get the Dev blog 5 up but until then everything is pure speculation.

Eh there is no exact date but it has been confirmed that video was from an older version of the game.

Brad210
03-10-2015, 04:20 PM
Gaining faith, pah. I'm beginning to wonder if Matt knows even what game he's involved in. Hes locking threads and still providing more speculative information, "upcoming blog post", well it's going to be epic right? seen as its taken a week? In fact when is upcoming exactly, this week? next week? some other gamers conference you're not attending week?

Some concrete information, on time. Clear and consice, what's so difficult?

His sorry ass, about sums up the state of this publisher. A complete mess. What's the point even coming on here if not to provide the big blog post to try and bail out the chaos you've created.

Nagta
03-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Gaining faith, pah. I'm beginning to wonder if Matt knows even what game he's involved in. Hes locking and removing threads and still providing more speculative information, "upcoming blog post", well it's going to be epic right? seen as its taken a week? In fact when is upcoming exactly, this week? next week? some other gamers conference you're not attending week?

Some concrete information, on time. Clear and consice, what's so difficult?

His sorry ass, about sums up the state of this publisher. A complete mess.
Full honesty, I had no faith to begin with. But he said ALL the pictures were from the game, so I expect the promise to be true later on. If not, I won't be wanting to see Atari return to the gaming industries again. We'll see.

ddrplaya4638
03-10-2015, 04:57 PM
Look foward to your blog post later Mattlab this renews my faith in this game! How recent was this shot?

koekeritis
03-10-2015, 05:06 PM

Hey Matt, Thanks for all the great replies. I know I have been negative and a bit harsh lately but I'm regaining my faith and trust in this game. I am very impressed by your bravery. Because the forums are full of negativity and you don't hide. No you communicate with us better than ever before! Thanks!

NickNem
03-10-2015, 05:22 PM
He must be that brave 'cause he want to sell a game ;) But let's wait for the blog-post, which will have- I hope so - a good amount of answers like - Why the hell is the trailer that BAD, is area 52 still involved, where are all our comunity managers, why are the pipeworks pictures better than every picture after, are we'll be able to build "real" coasters (with banked curves etc.), are there water rides and of course give us some gameplay mechanics ;)

Brad210
03-10-2015, 05:27 PM
He must be that brave 'cause he want to sell a game ;) But let's wait for the blog-post, which will have- I hope so - a good amount of answers like - Why the hell is the trailer that BAD, is area 52 still involved, where are all our comunity managers, why are the pipeworks pictures better than every picture after, are we'll be able to build "real" coasters (with banked curves etc.), are there water rides and of course give us some gameplay mechanics ;)

Couldn't agree with you more on this; seems some are very easily swade, let's wait for the concrete facts.i think some would blindly follow Matt off a cliff edge because he said there's a really awesome net at the bottom.

It was good of him to show up, but for me it's just another example of the publishers misplaced priorities, because to anyone with a bit of common sense would deal with the blog post and the chaos around it, before appeasing the odd poster on the forums.

CoasterNazi666
03-10-2015, 06:40 PM
I guess we'll just have to wait and see till tomorrow

Cabelle1863
03-10-2015, 10:06 PM
I really hope the wait is worth it. Doesn't seem all that prudent to let things go so far off the rails, close threads, delete responses, and then not have the blog response that is supposed to answer "everything" until days after the outrage. It's on the verge of being "too little, too late" and answers in the blog that are less that spectacular will just make things worse.