PDA

View Full Version : My theory on what happened

smsjb
03-06-2015, 04:18 PM
So this is my theory or at least what i hope are the reasons for why the graphics are so bad.
When atari stopped developing with pipeworks software i believe that pipeworks refused to hand over their contribution to the product. This meant that when area 52 took over they had to rush the project so that the game would be released at the same time. I pray that this is what happened and that there is a significant increase in quality before release.

Thompso
03-06-2015, 04:27 PM
What happened is Atari instead of just pulling out of the game altogether after Pipe Works decided jump ship said "Oh well, we will still rush developing the crappy game along and get money off of it because some moron out there WILL buy it no matter how bad we do".

The peep vomiting in the trailer is proof of how Atari and Area 52 care about the RTC fans. They even showed the coaster going off the rails IN THE TRAILER REALLY?

They don't care, but the sad thing is 75% of people on this forum will still download in off Steam

*shakes head*

Thompso
03-06-2015, 04:30 PM
One more thing, alot of people say this was older footage froms August. If you are promoting a game, why release the Trailer from a bad beta early stage game?

That is terrible promotion. My hope is that is what they did for publicity because the screen shots look good, its just the tailor was bad in motion.

DMB1985
03-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Releasing footage using pre-alpha build isn't uncommon. But normally when a company does that they usually have a banner on top of the footage stating that the game is a work in progress or that it is pre-alpha footage.

Thompso
03-06-2015, 04:37 PM
^Yeah but that is the tailor they added for the official Steam page, maybe they will take it off with a better one once they update the game.

DMB1985
03-06-2015, 04:41 PM
^Yeah but that is the tailor they added for the official Steam page, maybe they will take it off with a better one once they update the game.

It's just a bizarre situation altogether really. The manner in which the trailer was released is just bizarre. No fanfare, just being quietly uploaded. The whole handling of the affair since Pipeworks left give me no confidence that Area 52/Atari have the capability of releasing decent game. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not at all optimistic.

Paul_Boland
03-06-2015, 04:45 PM
Just speaking from a developer point of view, when you put a game on Steam, you are required to have a video to promo it. I agree with what Thompso said, the trailer is not good but the screenshots are great! I still have hope in the game.

Chink
03-06-2015, 04:55 PM
Maybe they just hoped to go viral with that crappy trailer to surprise the raging crowd with an awesome video and screenshots today...

(hahah.. at least those are my naive hopes :P)

The Stig
03-06-2015, 05:08 PM
Nah, they just wanted to make the cheapest game possible and see how many people would spend $49 on it because it said "Tycoon"

NickNem
03-06-2015, 05:12 PM
Nah, they just wanted to make the cheapest game possible and see how many people would spend $49 on it because it said "Tycoon"

Agree! That's exactly what I think too